PDA

View Full Version : Computers Google Chrome Extension

Stewie
06-16-2012, 10:41 AM
My homepage is Yahoo. One annoying thing about it is when I scroll down and click on a link (read that page) and then hit the previous page button it returns to the Yahoo page but it goes back to the top of the page and the focus is on their search box. Is there an extension to stop this, or am I stuck with having to re-scroll down to where I was before?

QuikSsurfer
06-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Chrome doesn't behave that way for me... Just went to yahoo.com and clicked on a news link at the bottom of the page - then went back and the focus was right where I left off on yahoo.com.

I know, depending on your internet speed, if you go back within the browser - it'll wait for the entire webpage to load before it scrolls back down to where you were.

But why not just have Chrome open all links in a new tab??

Stewie
06-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Chrome doesn't behave that way for me... Just went to yahoo.com and clicked on a news link at the bottom of the page - then went back and the focus was right where I left off on yahoo.com.

I know, depending on your internet speed, if you go back within the browser - it'll wait for the entire webpage to load before it scrolls back down to where you were.

But why not just have Chrome open all links in a new tab??

This is my.yahoo.com and I'm not sure if it behaves the same way as yahoo.com. The page also behaves this way in Firefox. When I hit the back button it returns to where I was and then resets to the top of the page. Opening the link in a new tab is a good idea I hadn't thought about.

Fish
06-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I have a my.yahoo.com page, but it doesn't do that for me. When I hit the Back button, it returns me to the exact same location on the page.

Do you have the yahoo toolbar installed or something? It's really weird that it would behave the same way in Firefox...

Are you clicking the Back arrow in the top left corner directly?

Stewie
06-16-2012, 03:34 PM
I have a my.yahoo.com page, but it doesn't do that for me. When I hit the Back button, it returns me to the exact same location on the page.

Do you have the yahoo toolbar installed or something? It's really weird that it would behave the same way in Firefox...

Are you clicking the Back arrow in the top left corner directly?

I do not have the Yahoo toolbar installed on either Chrome or Firefox. Yes, I click on the back arrow in the top left of the browser. It always returns to the original spot momentarily, then it resets (focus) to the Yahoo Web Search bar at the top.

Fish
06-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Wow. That's really puzzling.

You might go to Control Panel\Add Remove Programs, and see if there's a Yahoo Search Bar listing there somehow. That POS app gets installed in many different ways without you knowing about it. The fact that it happens in both browsers makes me think it's something like that running globally and affecting both browsers.

Brock
06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Anybody using chrome having to repeatedly go into the appdata files to delete files called "web data" and "web data journal"? It keeps crashing, and google help says to do that, and after that it works fine until the next time I have to do it.