PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Falling Skies! tonight.

Ceej
06-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Premiere is tonight on TNT.

I'm not usually into TV shows.

But, this one looks pretty good.

Ceej
06-17-2012, 11:43 AM
The show summary from Wikiepedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_Skies

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-17-2012, 12:00 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D7KSkZxt_zo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D7KSkZxt_zo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

notorious
06-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Need something good on TV. I guess this will get me by for awhile......sigh.

Ceej
06-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Need something good on TV. I guess this will get me by for awhile......sigh.

It'll fill the gap until Walking Dead.

TWD is the only sitcom I watch.

And to me, Falling Skies looks pretty good.

That's saying something.

Ceej
06-17-2012, 01:00 PM
The official trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SjroVVhe8G0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious
06-17-2012, 01:14 PM
It'll fill the gap until Walking Dead.

TWD is the only sitcom I watch.

And to me, Falling Skies looks pretty good.

That's saying something.

Good enough to watch, but it could be a lot better.

Hopefully the show gets a sharp edge to it. It has been too predictable and too soft so far.

Ceej
06-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Good enough to watch, but it could be a lot better.

Hopefully the show gets a sharp edge to it. It has been too predictable and too soft so far.

To me:

It beats anything else currently on televsion.

However, there in again, I'm not a huge sitcom kinda guy.

notorious
06-17-2012, 01:26 PM
To me:

It beats anything else currently on televsion.

However, there in again, I'm not a huge sitcom kinda guy.

If you don't like sitcoms or reality TV, there isn't a whole lot out there.

That's where I sit. I like original series like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Falling Skies, and the good stuff on Discovery, TLC, AP, and Military Channel.

My wife likes reality TV, and when she watches Stupid Whores Club or the Tardashians it nearly pushes me to drowning newborn kittens.

Ceej
06-17-2012, 01:38 PM
If you don't like sitcoms or reality TV, there isn't a whole lot out there.

That's where I sit. I like original series like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Falling Skies, and the good stuff on Discovery, TLC, AP, and Military Channel.

My wife likes reality TV, and when she watches Stupid Whores Club or the Tardashians it nearly pushes me to drowning newborn kittens.

Some "reality" tv is good.

I enjoy American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Cajun Pawn Stars, etc.

The stuff on TruTV I enjoy every now and then. But majority of that has to be staged.

I also enjoy Big Bang Theory. That's about it.

I've heard good things about Game of Thrones but I need to get around and rent season one.

keg in kc
06-17-2012, 01:51 PM
You realize this is season 2, right?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7706084

Ceej
06-17-2012, 01:57 PM
You realize this is season 2, right?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=7706084

Now I do. Is it now obvious how much I follow sitcoms? LMAO

Looks like I need to rent season two.

keg in kc
06-17-2012, 02:26 PM
It's not a sitcom, it's a drama.

Although there were a few times last season where it was laughably bad.

Ceej
06-17-2012, 02:32 PM
It's not a sitcom, it's a drama.

Although there were a few times last season where it was laughably bad.

Let's hope season two is better.

Fingers crossed.

Deberg_1990
06-17-2012, 02:32 PM
I've seen bits and pieces of this but it's failed to grab my attention. Normally I'd be all over a show like this. Am I missing something?

Ceej
06-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I've seen bits and pieces of this but it's failed to grab my attention. Normally I'd be all over a show like this. Am I missing something?

Don't ask me.

I'M out of it.

I didn't know this was season two.

LMAO

notorious
06-17-2012, 02:40 PM

I would tell you to keep trying, but it really has been a "meh" show 95% of the time.

I am sticking with it strickly for the SciFi element.

Deberg_1990
06-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I would tell you to keep trying, but it really has been a "meh" show 95% of the time.

I am sticking with it strickly for the SciFi element.

This is how I feel about all TNT and USA shows. Just meh...

FX and AMC beat them hands down, not even close.

keg in kc
06-17-2012, 04:01 PM

FX and AMC beat them hands down, not even close.Justified is the only thing I watch on FX anymore. I like Mad Men, but it's not nearly as interesting to me as some of the shows on USA. I mainly watch it because it's hip event television and I want to be one of the cool kids. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead I'm a big fan of, of course. There are a couple of shows I really love on USA, though, White Collar and Suits. Burn Notice is okay, too, although I think the others are better. The only thing I watch on TNT, aside from Falling Skies (which is mediocre) is Franklin and Bash. Fun show.

arrowheadnation
06-17-2012, 04:36 PM
This actually got really good toward the end of the 1st season. I'm fired up for the 2nd season.

notorious
06-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Decent.

It needs more conflict. They are trying, but it's just not believable conflict.

Hopefully they convert some of the people into evil charcters.

cookster50
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM

FX and AMC beat them hands down, not even close.

Try Psych!

Ceej
06-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Decent.

It needs more conflict. They are trying, but it's just not believable conflict.

Hopefully they convert some of the people into evil charcters.

I, too, think it was okay.

I'm not sure if I'm missing a whole lot from Season 1.

notorious
06-18-2012, 12:10 PM
I, too, think it was okay.

I'm not sure if I'm missing a whole lot from Season 1.

Oh, you have yet to watch season 1?

Imagine 25 minutes of commercials per hour, 33 minutes of soft, family moments, and 2 minutes of quality action in which the characters' safety in never in question.

Buck
06-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I tried watching this show last night because I wasn't tired and it was on. I fell asleep before the first commercial break. I'm happy because I needed to go to sleep. This show is better than melatonin.

Ceej
06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Oh, you have yet to watch season 1?

Imagine 25 minutes of commercials per hour, 33 minutes of soft, family moments, and 2 minutes of quality action in which the characters' safety in never in question.

ER with aliens?!

notorious
06-18-2012, 03:19 PM
ER with aliens?!

Noah Wyle approves.

Fruit Ninja
06-18-2012, 04:40 PM
I enjoyed last nights episodes. My old Man came over, he loves alien stuff. lol So we watched both episodes on fathers day. Good shit.

The kids have grown so much from last year.

Ceej
06-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Noah Wyle approves.

HE'SSSSSSS SOOOOOO DREAMMYYYYYY

blaise
06-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I didn't know it was a two hour premier. I only watched the first hour. I suppose it's good because it makes the laughable flaws in logic and the cornball dialogue on Walking Dead seem not so bad.
I can't help watching, though. Even though every character is a cliche and the scenes are all these little, "Now it's time for a special moment," scene. The one where the Grizzled Army Guy shares Scotch with the doctor and reflects on Noah Wylie. It's so sucky that it's almost unbearable. And the youngest son? I want to just slap that kid every time he's on screen. I like the scene where the black dude and the Biker Guy share a moment and the black dude is like, "I haven't forgotten." They may as well just flash "Foreshadowing" on the screen. But not in a good way where you think something tense might happen in the future; in a kitschy crappy way where you know they'll resolve their differences when one saves the other.

cookster50
06-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Yikes. Tried watching this online last night. Tnt makes the commercial breaks online 2 and a half long minutes. Wholly Guacamole Batman! Not only that, but I got to the third "segment" at the 15:24 mark and it just sits there, the video no longer continues. No way am I going to mess with watching this online.

bevischief
06-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Better than the first season.

Count Alex's Wins
04-22-2013, 11:24 PM
I'm interested in this now. Is it worth catching up on?

What is this?

http://i.imgur.com/fILSyvS.gif

bevischief
04-23-2013, 12:16 PM

What is this?

Just the 2nd season.

Fish
04-23-2013, 12:31 PM
It's actually decent entertainment.

blaise
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
It's ok. They kind of veer into kitsch sometimes. Too many hospital bed scenes where one person gets misty eyed.

But I watch it, so I do like it.

Barret
04-23-2013, 01:25 PM

What is this?

Looks like the same thing the new Battlestar Galactica did when Cylon #6 was getting it on with Baltar in the bedroom before Caprica got nuked.

bevischief
04-24-2013, 11:54 AM

What is this?

She is one of harnessed kids.

notorious
05-07-2013, 11:18 PM
1 MONTH!

bevischief
05-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Marathon on TNT. Season 1.

AphexPhin
05-28-2013, 02:42 AM
from what I've seen this show is actually pretty decent. I thought it would come across as corny & silly but they have pulled it off pretty well.

I'll check out the new season for sure.

bevischief
06-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Season 2 is on TNT now.

notorious
06-01-2013, 02:43 PM
from what I've seen this show is actually pretty decent. I thought it would come across as corny & silly but they have pulled it off pretty well.

I'll check out the new season for sure.

It's very corny, but it's SciFi and it's watchable.

I can live with that.

ChiefsandO'sfan
06-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Bump Starts again tonight 2 hours.

AphexPhin
06-09-2013, 06:25 PM
looks like silly guilty pleasure fun. I actually kinda dug some of the episodes I've seen. And you cant go wrong with drooling over Moon Bloodgood. mmmm yummy!

I'd post a hot pic of her but I'm not allowed to yet since I'm still a lowly noob. Does anyone know when I can start posting pics, links and threads of my own?

notorious
06-09-2013, 11:23 PM
They kicked it up a notch. It's got a little bit of an edge to the show now.

The baby is creepy has hell, too.

Pretty good episodes IMO.