PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Summer shows - what are you watching?

Shaid
06-17-2012, 03:15 PM
A lot of the shows I like are going away for the summer. Falling Skies is back on for tonight so that gives me a little something to work with. What's on your list. Here's some of the normal shows I like to watch.

Supernatural
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Spartacus
Sons of Anarchy

Give me something good to watch people!

ImAWalkingCorpse
06-17-2012, 03:19 PM
A lot of the shows I like are going away for the summer. Falling Skies is back on for tonight so that gives me a little something to work with. What's on your list. Here's some of the normal shows I like to watch.

Supernatural
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Spartacus
Sons of Anarchy

Give me something good to watch people!
I like the Glades.

Shaid
06-17-2012, 03:28 PM
I like the Glades.

I'm not too into the cop/CSI shows. My wife likes them a lot. I don't know why but I don't really get into them.

Shaid
06-17-2012, 03:29 PM
oh yeah, I like The Walking Dead as well. I'm sure there's a few others I'm forgetting.

keg in kc
06-17-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm a big fan of Suits, it's a legal drama on USA right after Burn Notice on Thursdays on USA. 2nd season started last week. I don't watch shows with lawyers generally, but there's something I like about this one. Good cast, interesting storyline.

White Collar is another show on USA that will be back in July, it's about a con man who works with the FBI. As with Suits, good cast with an interesting storyline.

I watch Covert Affairs, too, also on USA in July, but the 2nd season was a bit of a let down from the initial one. About a female CIA agent.

Warehouse 13 will be back on SyFy in July I think. That's by far my favorite show on that network, and one of the best shows on during the summer. It's about a pair of secret service agents who work in a Warehouse in South(?) Dakota that's filled with mysterious artifacts. Really cool premise, sort of X-Files'y, but with more of a sense of humor. It's followed by a program called Alphas, which is basically like a grown-up version of Heroes, with more of an X-Men team-centric leaning. Not a bad show, either.

Shaid
06-18-2012, 12:03 AM
I've heard of Suits from a few others so I might have to check it out. Warehouse 13 sounds like exactly the type of show I'm looking for so I'll give that one a look. I've seen part of an Alpha's episode and it wasn't too bad either.

|Zach|
06-18-2012, 01:39 AM
I will be catching the last season of Weeds as well as watching SOA.

Gonna miss Rescue Me being a part of summer shows.

Shaid
06-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Haven't watched weeds. I'll have to check it out.

Buck
06-19-2012, 05:33 PM

Don't bother. If you do, don't bother past season 2.

Aries Walker
06-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I have been watching Longmire, and I have to say it's really compelling and well-done. It's like a modern-day old-fashioned western.

|Zach|
06-19-2012, 06:57 PM

It is pretty damn good but really changes as a show through the years. Not all of them are awesome but it is worth sitting down and watching for a while. There are a few themes that crack me up.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Louie and Wilfred.

Pitt Gorilla
06-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Mad Men and the Killing just finished. Hatfields and McCoys was solid.

New Breaking Bad in July.

Buehler445
06-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Is there a new season of Spartacus this summer?

My DVR has

Burn Notice
White Collar
Suits
Longmire
Common Law

My buddy has Franklin and Bash that I like, but am too lazy to DVr so I watch it at his house.

Buehler445
06-19-2012, 10:02 PM
I've heard of Suits from a few others so I might have to check it out. Warehouse 13 sounds like exactly the type of show I'm looking for so I'll give that one a look. I've seen part of an Alpha's episode and it wasn't too bad either.

Suits shouldn't work but it does. I like it.

keg in kc
06-20-2012, 06:32 AM
People have mentioned Franklin and Bash and Longmire, I'm watching both of those, too. Franklin and Bash is a really fun show. Longmire's okay for what it is.

Also been watching Common Law, new buddy cop hour long dramady that started on USA about a month ago. Decent show.

Deberg_1990
06-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Anyone watch the new Bristol Palin reality show? At least shes cute....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OtgBLngTweM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predarat
06-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Im waiting for The League to come back but that is more of a fall show.

Buehler445
06-20-2012, 02:42 PM
People have mentioned Franklin and Bash and Longmire, I'm watching both of those, too. Franklin and Bash is a really fun show. Longmire's okay for what it is.

Also been watching Common Law, new buddy cop hour long dramady that started on USA about a month ago. Decent show.

Last weeks was pretty well done, I thought. I just caught it at lunch.

KevB
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Big fan of Suits. Really solid cast. Two main guys are good, Louis is really good playing the role he was made for, and the admin Donna is hot and funny. In addition, there's some eye candy. What's not to like?

ZootedGranny
06-22-2012, 12:40 AM
I use the summer to catch up on shows I've missed during the year, or am just starting.

Up on deck:

Boardwalk Empire
Luther
Portlandia
Sherlock
The Thick of It (really liked Veep, so I'm going back to catch this)

The Mayor
07-27-2012, 04:48 PM
I use the summer to catch up on shows I've missed during the year, or am just starting.

Up on deck:

Boardwalk Empire
Luther
Portlandia
Sherlock
The Thick of It (really liked Veep, so I'm going back to catch this)

The other day I left work early, went home, and watched the entire first season of Veep on demand. Funny show and easy to watch right through. If you need a quick laugh and something new to watch I'd recommend it.

CoMoChief
07-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Breaking Bad
Tosh.O
Workaholics
Weeds

Trying to get into Dexter because there are people that swear up and down the show is awesome, so far I'm not seeing the big deal about it.

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Don't bother. If you do, don't bother past season 2.

Listen to this man.

Bump
07-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Tosh.0
Anger Management
Wilfred
Cajun Justice

BigMeatballDave
07-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Anyone watching Episodes?

Hilarious.

kysirsoze
07-28-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm enjoying the Newsroom. Pretty big Sorkin fan.

I've also recently gotten new cable, so I'm in that "all the premium channels" honeymoon. Watching a bunch of shows I missed like Homeland (awesome), Girls (really funny), Episodes (up next).

Pasta Giant Meatball
07-29-2012, 01:26 PM

Hilarious.

Yup. Surprisingly it's a good show.

The Mayor
07-29-2012, 09:14 PM

Hilarious.

Dave, Episodes is awesome. I love that show. Did you see the most recent episode? I dont want to spoil anything. I will say there is a hilarious moment with Carol consoling Merc on the toilet.

lcarus
07-30-2012, 02:54 PM
I will be catching the last season of Weeds as well as watching SOA.

Gonna miss Rescue Me being a part of summer shows.

Same. I loved the first 3 or 4 seasons of that show. It seemed to go downhill quite a bit the last couple seasons (after the Chief offed himself I think is where it went down). But I still miss it.

Baby Lee
07-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Yup. Surprisingly it's a good show.

I just knew that the

Friends guest appearance

was going to be

Gunther

and it still cracked me up.