PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Taliban: Stop Drone Strikes or else we will stop giving polio vaccine to our kids

Amnorix
06-18-2012, 08:20 AM
So I saw a headline on CNN that said "Taliban: Stop Drone Strikes or Else" and I think to myself "or else WHAT? We'll keep dying? We will put a hex on you? So I read the article....

....and learn that they're basically insane. The "or else" is "we will stop letting kids in the areas we control get the polio vaccine. I just can't fathom how anyone can support this group of complete nutbags. You'd think that the locals, and their own foot-soldiers, would stop to rethink who they're supporting, but apparently not.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/18/world/asia/pakistan-taliban-polio/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

mlyonsd
06-18-2012, 08:42 AM
So I saw a headline on CNN that said "Taliban: Stop Drone Strikes or Else" and I think to myself "or else WHAT? We'll keep dying? We will put a hex on you? So I read the article....

....and learn that they're basically insane. The "or else" is "we will stop letting kids in the areas we control get the polio vaccine. I just can't fathom how anyone can support this group of complete nutbags. You'd think that the locals, and their own foot-soldiers, would stop to rethink who they're supporting, but apparently not.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/18/world/asia/pakistan-taliban-polio/index.html?hpt=hp_t2You'd think other muslim countries would step in and tell us and the rest of the world, okay, we're the only ones that can fix this, get out of the way.

CoMoChief
06-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Why don't we just GTFO of that region?

Oh yeah....oil, and opium.

Hog Farmer
06-18-2012, 08:58 AM
IF you don't stop killing us were gonna make our own children suffer !

ROFL :shake:

boogblaster
06-18-2012, 09:00 AM
sfsn ... oh well .....

Amnorix
06-18-2012, 09:06 AM
You'd think other muslim countries would step in and tell us and the rest of the world, okay, we're the only ones that can fix this, get out of the way.

How many of them have significant nutbag elements in their own country who might rise up against them?

What happens if you have a popular uprising to toss out a dictator and then you hold free and fair elections only to elect a President who is a member of a radical Islamic sect (i.e. Egypt)?

The issue isn't "oh, there's a few nutbags over there", it's more like a not-insignificant percentage of EVERY population in the Islamic countries constitutes what we could consider to be nutbags. 90% of Egyptian women have undergone cliterectomies. That doesn't happen because you have a few whakcos interspersed among a mostly-normal population...

mlyonsd
06-18-2012, 09:09 AM
How many of them have significant nutbag elements in their own country who might rise up against them?

What happens if you have a popular uprising to toss out a dictator and then you hold free and fair elections only to elect a President who is a member of a radical Islamic sect (i.e. Egypt)?

The issue isn't "oh, there's a few nutbags over there", it's more like a not-insignificant percentage of EVERY population in the Islamic countries constitutes what we could consider to be nutbags. 90% of Egyptian women have undergone cliterectomies. That doesn't happen because you have a few whakcos interspersed among a mostly-normal population...Totally agree. One could hope though common sense would prevail.

Garcia Bronco
06-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Challenge accepted towelly-ban.

Ace Gunner
06-18-2012, 10:10 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/18/world/asia/pakistan-taliban-polio/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Can you wait for "drone tv"??? Que the 'bad boys' song and enjoy!!!!11!1

HonestChieffan
06-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Muslims have a twisted notion of fun, punishment, life in general. All nutty as can be.

HonestChieffan
06-18-2012, 10:35 AM
On the positive side, Tomatoes have been banned.......

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Salafist-group-warns-tomatoes-blog.jpg

A Salafist group called the Popular Egyptian Islamic Association has come under fire after sending out a warning on Facebook urging its followers not to eat tomatoes because the vegetable (or fruit) is a Christian food.

The group posted a photo on its page of a tomato – which appears to reveal the shape of a cross after being cut in half – along with the message: “Eating tomatoes is forbidden because they are Christian. [The tomato] praises the cross instead of Allah and says that Allah is three (a reference to the Trinity).

[God help us]. I implore you to spread this photo because there is a sister from Palestine who saw the prophet of Allah [Mohammad] in a vision and he was crying, warning his nation against eating them [tomatoes]. If you don’t spread this [message], know that it is the devil who stopped you.”

blaise
06-18-2012, 10:45 AM
That would probably do more to turn people there against the Taliban than what we've done.

chasedude
06-18-2012, 02:23 PM
On the positive side, Tomatoes have been banned.......

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Salafist-group-warns-tomatoes-blog.jpg

A Salafist group called the Popular Egyptian Islamic Association has come under fire after sending out a warning on Facebook urging its followers not to eat tomatoes because the vegetable (or fruit) is a Christian food.

The group posted a photo on its page of a tomato – which appears to reveal the shape of a cross after being cut in half – along with the message: “Eating tomatoes is forbidden because they are Christian. [The tomato] praises the cross instead of Allah and says that Allah is three (a reference to the Trinity).

[God help us]. I implore you to spread this photo because there is a sister from Palestine who saw the prophet of Allah [Mohammad] in a vision and he was crying, warning his nation against eating them [tomatoes]. If you don’t spread this [message], know that it is the devil who stopped you.”

:facepalm:

Brock
06-18-2012, 03:20 PM
We just want them to keep giving their kids autism.

vailpass
06-18-2012, 03:44 PM
We just want them to keep giving their kids autism.

LMAO