PDA

View Full Version : Football Perhaps they're overpriced instead of installing wifi league wide

Okie_Apparition
06-18-2012, 10:54 AM
Tarps could be coming to Miami

Posted by Mike Florio on June 18, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT

One way to avoid the problem of not being able to put butts in seats is to cover the seats with fabric.

And that’s one of the possible strategies for Sun Life Stadium, where the powers-that-be have realized the place is too big.

Specifically, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald explains that the team has the largest upper deck in the NFL, with 35,000 seats. The Dolphins want to reduce that amount. The number could be lowered by removing seats, as the Redskins have done. Or tarps could be applied, which then would be removed for, say, a future Super Bowl.

Likewise, the team believes that the stadium doesn’t have enough seats in the lower bowl. “We have the furthest distance from the sidelines with our lower bowl in the NFL,” team president Mike Dee said. “We have the fewest number of seats in that lower seating level between the 20 yard lines, between the goal lines, in the NFL. Not just the facilities that compete for Super Bowls. We’ve got to fix that.”

And so a renovation could be coming. Once they figure out who would pay for it.

The bigger challenge is to get people to pay for seats, and the cheapest fix for that problem would be to cover up the ones that chronically don’t sell.

Then again, based on recent trends in Miami, they may need to cover up half the seats.

Bowser
06-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Miami seems to be a lot like LA in the sports department - If their team is doing good, then great! Fan support unlimited! But if the team is average to bad, eh, we've got kick ass beaches and bars we can go to rather than watch a crappy sports team.

loochy
06-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Lower prices. Sell more seats. Problem solved.

Okie_Apparition
06-18-2012, 11:41 AM
You know Jerry Jones rides small market owner's butts
"Looks like I have to cover your asses again. Raise those parking prices."

Hays
06-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't understand why sports teams don't sell the tickets for less if you're not selling out.
Do that and make up for it with beer and concession sales, plus parking.

CanadianChief
06-18-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't understand why sports teams don't sell the tickets for less if you're not selling out.

I would think this would piss off the rest of the fanbase who are paying regular prices for season tickets and what not.

Predarat
06-18-2012, 02:37 PM
All the Florida NFL teams are tarping but Tampa.

sedated
06-18-2012, 03:01 PM

Free tickets are pretty common. People don't stay at home because of ticket prices, they stay at home because going to a game means entering a fantasy-land of 500% mark-ups for 4 hours.

Beer: $15 per 12 pack > $9 per beer

Food: $5 for fast food > $15 for fast food

Parking: Free > $30 per car

Whiny kids: “go play on your X-Box and leave me alone” > $20-$40 for candy/soda/gift shop crap

Other NFL games: Seeing live games/updates > Watching highlights before Sunday Night Football

Reerun_KC
06-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Free tickets are pretty common. People don't stay at home because of ticket prices, they stay at home because going to a game means entering a fantasy-land of 500% mark-ups for 4 hours.

Whiny kids: “go play on your X-Box and leave me alone” > $20-$40 for candy/soda/gift shop crap

Other NFL games: Seeing live games/updates > Watching highlights before Sunday Night Football

This!!!

I would rather sit home, save hundreds and load up 3-4 TV's with Sunday Ticket and a laptop full of fantasy scores...

The in stadium game day experience is becoming boring...

Mr. Laz
06-18-2012, 05:03 PM

if it wasn't for the tailgating etc the seats would be even more empty.

high economy is going to put the squeeze on even more this year.

Guru
06-18-2012, 05:05 PM
This!!!

I would rather sit home, save hundreds and load up 3-4 TV's with Sunday Ticket and a laptop full of fantasy scores...

The in stadium game day experience is becoming boring...

I could never call the gameday experience boring. But the prices have become damned insane.