27. Matt Flynn
26. Matt Moore
25. Kevin Kolb
24. Ryan Fitzpatrick
23. Mark Sanchez
22. Matt Cassel

Sorter
06-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Yuck. Sanchez should be ahead of Cassel on playoff wins alone.

Bump
06-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Matt Cassel too high imo.

Mr. Laz
06-19-2012, 09:52 AM
it's going to be pretty sad to watch all the Chiefs fans on this board bitch about how their QB should be LOWER ...

:shake:

Tribal Warfare
06-19-2012, 09:55 AM
it's going to be pretty sad to watch all the Chiefs fans on this board bitch about how their QB should be LOWER ...

The sad part is it's the truth

JD10367
06-19-2012, 09:57 AM
I know you guys hate Casshole with a fiery passion but, honestly, considering where they were drafted and what promise they held and where they sit now, Sanchez definitely deserves to sit lower than Cassel.

And being 22nd is still pretty bad, considering there are only 32 starters.

Radar Chief
06-19-2012, 09:58 AM

The truth of it wouldn’t be so sad if management didn’t think otherwise.

Mr. Laz
06-19-2012, 09:58 AM
maybe, maybe not ... but normally fans defend their teams even if they don't deserve it. Sort of the definition of "fan"atic.

but around here if you want to be cool then you say 'cassel sucks' in every thread posted.

it's beyond stupid

personally i think that Jaws knows more about judging QB's than all of us put together.

being #22 is hardly a compliment

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Well this should bring out the menstrating vaginas...

eazyb81
06-19-2012, 10:02 AM
I would take Fitzpatrick over Cassel.

Tribal Warfare
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
maybe, maybe not ... but normally fans defend their teams even if they don't deserve it. Sort of the definition of "fan"atic.

but around here if you want to be cool then you say 'cassel sucks' in every thread posted.

it's beyond stupid

personally i think that Jaws knows more about judging QB's than all of us put together.

Have you heard Jaws rave about Cassel? " He's a rock solid QB that you can win with" which is a direct quote from the Monday Night Charger's game on Halloween.

ILChief
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
That seems about right

Radar Chief
06-19-2012, 10:04 AM

it's beyond stupid

Though true, since he does suck.

Agreed that Jaws is a bright football guy but he’s also a bit of a Chiefs homer and if it weren’t for that I’d bet Cassel would be ranked a lot closer to Gabbert, which was about his level of performance last year, instead of being ahead of Sanchez.

bevischief
06-19-2012, 10:05 AM
:popcorn:

Detoxing
06-19-2012, 10:08 AM
I would swap Cassel with Fitzpatrick, other than that, seems about right.

Count Zarth
06-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Tim Tebow and Matt Moore bested Cassel at Arrowhead last year.

Count Zarth
06-19-2012, 10:10 AM
I know you guys hate Casshole with a fiery passion but, honestly, considering where they were drafted and what promise they held and where they sit now, Sanchez definitely deserves to sit lower than Cassel.

Sanchez didn't completely shit his pants in the playoffs.

Sanchez > Cassel

Codered
06-19-2012, 10:12 AM
I think your splitting hairs in that 22-25 range.

SNR
06-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I would take Fitzpatrick over Cassel.
I wouldn't. Fitzpatrick is garbage.

Count Zarth
06-19-2012, 10:17 AM

Another QB who bested Cassel at Arrowhead last season!

Anyone who beats Cassel at Arrrowhead is > Cassel

DJ's left nut
06-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Eh, I think Matt Moore is better. I think Flynn will prove to be better.

I think the rest of them (apart from Gabbert and Tebow) could be thrown into a hopper and shaken out in any order, though I'd still rather have Sanchez and probably Fitzpatrick over Cassel. And ultimately, I think Cassel is probably Ponder's most likely comparable (with Ponder at least having some upside).

It's staggering how bad our QB situation is, really.

Sofa King
06-19-2012, 10:18 AM
That's probably about right.

eazyb81
06-19-2012, 10:18 AM

Are you implying Cassel is not garbage?

rico
06-19-2012, 10:19 AM
I still fail to understand the lack of respect for Matt Moore.

If Cassel didn't have his fluke 2010 season, where do ya'll think he would be sitting?

Messier
06-19-2012, 10:21 AM

Does that work the other way too? Any QB Cassel beats on the road Cassel is better than?

OnTheWarpath58
Eh, I think Matt Moore is better. I think Flynn will prove to be better.

I think the rest of them (apart from Gabbert and Tebow) could be thrown into a hopper and shaken out in any order, though I'd still rather have Sanchez and probably Fitzpatrick over Cassel. And ultimately, I think Cassel is probably Ponder's most likely comparable (with Ponder at least having some upside).

It's staggering how bad our QB situation is, really.

I am quoting this post to show my agreement with its content.

SNR

Anyone who beats Cassel at Arrrowhead is > CasselFitz is a Cassel clone, dude. He has this reputation of being a gritty, gutsy winner just like Cassel, and that's because people can't think of any other way to spin his terrible game.

That win against KC was just another "gutsy" win by Fitz against a super shitty team. Cassel has a bunch of those types of games to his credit, too.

Zeke
It's sad that I would take any of those QB's (except Tebow) over Cassell for this team.

And those are the WORST in the league.

Thig Lyfe
06-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Cassel shouldn't even crack the top 50.

SNR
06-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Are you implying Cassel is not garbage?

Cassel is a rancid turd in a Kansas City land fill during the summer covered with milk a week past due.

Fitzpatrick is a rancid turd in a Kansas City land fill during the summer covered with milk TWO weeks past due.

AndChiefs
06-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Wait I thought Tebow was one of the best in the NFL?

tredadda
06-19-2012, 10:30 AM
That's not true. I am far better than #22. - Cassel
I second that -Scott Pioli

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 10:31 AM
No way does Cassel deserve to be 22, he should be 30th.

Messier
06-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Number rankings for these QBs are meaningless. They're all pretty much the same. Just lump them in the, borderline starter to ideally a backup, category.

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Number rankings for these QBs are meaningless. They're all pretty much the same. Just lump them in the, borderline starter to ideally a backup, category.

but still Tebow and Sanchez have wins in the Playoffs, something Cassel can only dream about the way he reads a defense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Yuck. Sanchez should be ahead of Cassel on playoff wins alone.

Matt Cassel too high imo.

I like the way the first two posts sum it all up.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2012, 10:39 AM

Is there a 33rd option?

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Is there a 33rd option?

that would be about where i'd rank him.:D

Mr. Laz
06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
enter the stupid ****s ...

tredadda
06-19-2012, 10:43 AM
but still Tebow and Sanchez have wins in the Playoffs, something Cassel can only dream about the way he reads a defense.

Sanchez has more playoff wins than every QB in this team's history not named Dawson.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Give Tamba Hali wheelbarrow and a jugs machine; equally good results if not better.

BoneKrusher
enter the stupid Cassel Ballwasher ...
FYP ROFL

Messier
06-19-2012, 10:46 AM

I don't put very much stock into those playoff victories for Tebow or Sanchez, it doesn't make them better, just like winning a super bowl doesn't make Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino. The Broncos lucked out last year. The Chiefs even with Cassel could have beaten the Steeler team that Tebow faced in the playoffs last year. Horrible O line and the D was decimated with injuries.

Bump
06-19-2012, 10:47 AM
how can Fitzpatrick be below cassel? That makes absolutely no sense.

Count Zarth
06-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Does that work the other way too? Any QB Cassel beats on the road Cassel is better than?

Last year Cassel beat Curtis Painter and Kyle Boller in road games.

In 2010 he beat Seneca Wallace, Matt Hasselbeck and Sam Bradford on the road.

In 2009 he beat Jason Campbell, JaMarcus Russell and Kyle Orton.

So sure, run with that, you fucking shithead pixie.

Mr. Laz
06-19-2012, 10:48 AM
FYP ROFL
yea, because saying that Cassel is a functional, game manager level QB is 'washing his balls'

:rolleyes:

Ron Jaworski > BoneLicker

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't put very much stock into those playoff victories for Tebow or Sanchez, it doesn't make them better, just like winning a super bowl doesn't make Trent Dilfer better than Dan Marino. The Broncos lucked out last year. The Chiefs even with Cassel could have beaten the Steeler team that Tebow faced in the playoffs last year. Horrible O line and the D was decimated with injuries.

i agree with the Tebow win over a bad steeler team,
i'm just sayin Tebow has a Playoff win and Cassel will NEVER have a playoff W in his stats.

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 10:51 AM
yea, because saying that Cassel is a functional, game manager level QB is 'washing his balls'

Cassel may be a game manager level QB one day but it's gonna take a lot of work.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2lsz7d1.png

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2012, 10:55 AM

WHOA, WHOA, WHOOOOOOOAAAA, Pat'na!

Let's be realistic. I've seen pimply-faced teenagers manage the Taco Bell with more aplomb than Cassel "manages" a game.

boogblaster
06-19-2012, 10:59 AM
run the ball .. play D .. short passes .. maybe a ball control game with our wonder-boy .....

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
"Great Game Managers in NFL History"

This book would sell!

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 11:03 AM

This book would sell!

yeah the book would be as boring as these teams passing attacks. ROFL

Count Zarth
06-19-2012, 11:04 AM

This book would sell!

Foreword by Steve Bono.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 11:04 AM
run the ball .. play D .. short passes .. maybe a ball control game with our wonder-boy .....

Define short passes. This guy throws INTs to D-linemen at the line of scrimmage.

Messier
06-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Last year Cassel beat Curtis Painter and Kyle Boller in road games.

In 2010 he beat Seneca Wallace, Matt Hasselbeck and Sam Bradford on the road.

In 2009 he beat Jason Campbell, JaMarcus Russell and Kyle Orton.

So sure, run with that, you ****ing shithead pixie.

Alright. So you agree he's better than Orton, and Bradford? Yay!

You're a ****ing joke! Go make a video and wack it to pictures of Carrie Fisher in her Jabba's palace costume you asswipe.

Count Zarth
06-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Alright. So you agree he's better than Orton, and Bradford? Yay!

He was better than rookie Sam Bradford, and Kyle Orton, in 2010, yes.

And last year he was bested by Tebow.

That's not something to be proud of.

Matt Cassel is an embarrassment.

-King-
06-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Seems about right.

Lzen
06-19-2012, 11:13 AM

You argue draft position but ignore the fact that the Chiefs traded away a 2nd round draft pick and paid him a ton of $$$ to be their starter.

Messier
06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
He was better than rookie Sam Bradford, and Kyle Orton, in 2010, yes.

And last year he was bested by Tebow.

That's not something to be proud of.

Matt Cassel is an embarrassment.

He's a really mediocre like 10 or so starters in the NFL right now. We both want someone else, but your stupid QB vs. QB scale of judging Cassel is a joke.

Lzen
06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Sanchez has more playoff wins than every QB in this team's history not named Dawson.

Uhhh....Montana? :spock:

Chiefnj2
06-19-2012, 11:17 AM
and paid him a ton of $$$ to be their starter.

So what?

Setsuna
06-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Gabbert ahead of Tebow is just ridiculous.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Uhhh....Montana? :spock:

Montana only had two for us. Try again. Sanchez has more than two playoff wins. Try again

BoneKrusher
Gabbert ahead of Tebow is just ridiculous.

i agree.

Count Zarth
He's a really mediocre like 10 or so starters in the NFL right now. We both want someone else, but your stupid QB vs. QB scale of judging Cassel is a joke.

He is a bottom 1/3 QB. There's no question.

He allowed Tebow to come into Arrowhead and beat us by completing, what, 3 passes?

This is why he constantly fails against upper-echelon quarterbacks. He can't compete with what they produce.

Lzen
06-19-2012, 11:20 AM
So what?

Are you really gonna ignore that? Expectations have not been met. Underperformers piss off fans on every team at every position. You pay a guy a bunch of money, you expect a return on your investment.

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Are you really gonna ignore that? Expectations have not been met. Underperformers piss off fans on every team at every position. You pay a guy a bunch of money, you expect a return on your investment.

ROFL

so how much did you contribute to Cassels salary?

Lzen
06-19-2012, 11:26 AM
ROFL

This is a dumb argument. I contributed by attending games. Which, btw, I vowed to not do until they change the QB. Look, I'm not one of those fans who bitches about everything.

On a side note, I find it ironic that you and Laz are calling Cassel detractors whiners considering how you guys always whine about the way Bill Self runs his KU basketball team.

Anyway, I tried to support Cassel. But it has become glaringly obvious that he is no better than an average to below average QB. If we, as fans, just accept that then nothing will ever change. I would like to witness the Chiefs win a Superbowl in my lifetime. How about you?

Setsuna
06-19-2012, 11:26 AM
i agree.

I mean Gabbert's ceiling is higher but damn Jaws that's some bullshit. Maybe since Gabbert is starting and he isn't? I suppose.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 11:27 AM
So what?

If you're paid an exorbitant amount to do your job at a high level, and fail to do so, wouldn't you expect people to be unhappy with you?

Chiefnj2
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
If you're paid an exorbitant amount to do you job at a high level, and fail to do so, wouldn't you expect people to be unhappy with you?

Only the people who pay you. Cassel's salary hasn't prevented the team from acquiring any player.

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 11:35 AM
This is a dumb argument. I contributed by attending games. Which, btw, I vowed to not do until they change the QB. Look, I'm not one of those fans who bitches about everything.

On a side note, I find it ironic that you and Laz are calling Cassel detractors whiners considering how you guys always whine about the way Bill Self runs his KU basketball team.

Anyway, I tried to support Cassel. But it has become glaringly obvious that he is no better than an average to below average QB. If we, as fans, just accept that then nothing will ever change. I would like to witness the Chiefs win a Superbowl in my lifetime. How about you?

Mother****er say what?

You have got to be kidding me?

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Only the people who pay you.What about the people who buy season tickets? Don't they have a right to be upset. They're spending hundreds of dollars a yr. Some of that money goes towards his salary.

Okie_Apparition
06-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Jaws is of course judging as a former QB & Cassel has all the intanglibles outside of talent. Sanchize should have been a DB. He can throw 5 picks & go set on the bench & have not a care

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 11:37 AM

I have given up hope.. Been following this team since 1988... We arent any closer to a superbowl team now than we were 20+ years ago...

Just a few reasons we will never win a superbowl Cassel, Crennel, Hunt, crappy fanbase that doesnt want a franchise QB, Shitty drafts, the list goes on and on...

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 11:38 AM
What about the people who buy season tickets? Don't they have a right to be upset. They're spending hundreds of dollars a yr. Some of that money goes towards his salary.

Whos forcing them to buy tickets?

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Seems about right to me. Won't stop the bitching though.

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 11:42 AM
What about the people who buy season tickets? Don't they have a right to be upset. They're spending hundreds of dollars a yr. Some of that money goes towards his salary.

if i were buying season tickets i'd be on Pioli's ass to get a legit QB.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Whos forcing them to buy tickets?

Yep. Not going to a game until the QB situation is in better hands.

-King-
06-19-2012, 11:49 AM

Nah, you'd still be on here making Cassel sigs and bitching like everyone else.

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Yep. Not going to a game until the QB situation is in better hands.

yep, i'm not even buying NFL Ticket (havent since 2010), no Jerseys or anything Chiefs related till we have a chance to win and that means a QB)

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Nah, you'd still be on here making Cassel sigs and bitching like everyone else.

Anti-Cassel, yes.ROFL

Count Zarth
06-19-2012, 11:53 AM
That sig is incredibly lame, FYI.

Nothing to fear about arrowhead.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-19-2012, 11:53 AM
yep, i'm not even buying NFL Ticket (havent since 2010), no Jerseys or anything Chiefs related till we have a chance to win and that means a QB)

I love the ticket too much to give it up. Any NFL game at any time? Can't beat it. Don't want to watch Lambs and Cowboy games every week and I still want to see the team play every week.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 11:55 AM
I love the ticket too much to give it up. Any NFL game at any time? Can't beat it. Don't want to watch Lambs and Cowboy games every week and I still want to see the team play every week.

^ This. For me it is either this or all Broncos all the time.

Marcellus
06-19-2012, 12:04 PM

You are dead right, but because this place is so extreme its not good enough for our bad QB to be ranked 22, he has to be 32 or else we are pissed.

I think somebody on here got into an argument saying he was like the 35th best QB in the NFL. LMAO

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 12:06 PM

I havent done it yet, I have has Sunday Ticket since time began.... BUT with the joke of a Coach Crennel and Cassel... Its gonna be hard pressed to get me to give a shit...

I will probably end up buying it then bitching about those two asshats all year...

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 12:09 PM

it's supposed to be lame till we get a QB. ROFL

i'll change the text once that happens.

okcchief
06-19-2012, 12:21 PM
I think I'd take all QBs behind him with the exception of Tebow.

okcchief
06-19-2012, 12:22 PM
I havent done it yet, I have has Sunday Ticket since time began.... BUT with the joke of a Coach Crennel and Cassel... Its gonna be hard pressed to get me to give a shit...

I will probably end up buying it then bitching about those two asshats all year...

Crennel > Haley

Count Zarth
06-19-2012, 12:24 PM
You are dead right, but because this place is so extreme its not good enough for our bad QB to be ranked 22, he has to be 32 or else we are pissed.

I think somebody on here got into an argument saying he was like the 35th best QB in the NFL. LMAO

It's just dumb to rank him ahead of guys who have accomplished more.

BoneKrusher
I think I'd take all QBs behind him with the exception of Tebow.

not a Tebow fan here either but i'd take him over Matt.
Cassel cant lead a team or pass.
Tebow cant pass but he's a damn good leader.

tredadda
Crennel > Haley

Well that doesn't say much about Crennel. It is not hard to be better than Haley.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 12:26 PM

Crennel certainly wasn't my 1st choice for HC. But why do think he's a joke?

And don't mention Cleveland because Belichick was HC there in the 90s and went on to be successful.

jspchief
06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
What difference does it make?

You can argue about specific position, but the one fact is those guys are all bad. A few could receive the benefit of the doubt based on inexperience. Not Castle.

He's a shitty QB.

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Crennel > Haley

Dogshit > Crennel > Haley

So your point?

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 12:38 PM

hey TK, i changed the text on my sig to make it more fitting till Castle leaves.
http://i46.tinypic.com/20uz4wo.png

Tribal Warfare
06-19-2012, 12:38 PM

So your point?

How about Herm Edwards :D

Chiefs Pantalones
06-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Anyone have the vid of Cassel's segement?

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 12:46 PM
How about Herm Edwards :D

Now that is a Coach that the fanbase can get behind...

Chiefnj2
06-19-2012, 12:48 PM

So your point?

Did the team play hard for Crennel? Did the team come out unprepared in any of the games that Crennel coached?

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Now that is a Coach that the fanbase can get behind...

or Gunther
http://www.tiricosuave.com/images/gunthercunninghamfinger.jpg

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 12:49 PM

So your point?

Please answer my question.

Messier
06-19-2012, 12:50 PM

So your point?

Hmm. I'd go Crenn > dogshit > el > Haley.

jspchief
06-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Did the team play hard for Crennel? Did the team come out unprepared in any of the games that Crennel coached?

We see that every time a coach gets canned mid season. Hard to say its an indication of how they will perform long term.

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Please answer my question.Hes part of the good ol boy system... He is rehashed and recycled. Yeah I know,beat your dick on the monitor about Crennel, Browns and Belichek... :rolleyes: I really dont care...

He along with Cassel are two of the weak links in this team... Just like Haley was the last 2 years.

Cassel hasnt proved anything during his time in NE as the QB and Crennel didnt prove anything in Cleveland...

whoman69
06-19-2012, 01:07 PM

But yet he should be. Would you rather we have the debate about the statement that he made that he was an elite QB?

Reerun_KC
06-19-2012, 01:08 PM

They played hard for Haley last year also... BFD...

And he kept play Abortion instead of playing Stanzi when it was clear we had nothing to play for... Seriously? Kyle Orton? ROFL that dude couldnt score in a free whore house...

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Hes part of the good ol boy system... He is rehashed and recycled. Yeah I know,beat your dick on the monitor about Crennel, Browns and Belichek... :rolleyes: I really dont care...

He along with Cassel are two of the weak links in this team... Just like Haley was the last 2 years.

Cassel hasnt proved anything during his time in NE as the QB and Crennel didnt prove anything in Cleveland...

I don't give a shit about Cassel. I asked about Crennel. I have no idea how he'll do this season.

You still haven't given a valid reason why he's a joke. Belichick was successful after Cleveland, why can't Crennel?

Chiefspants
06-19-2012, 01:33 PM

Matt Cassel > Philip Rivers, then?

jspchief
06-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Matt Cassel > Philip Rivers, then?San Diego has the same homefield advantage as KC?

loochy
06-19-2012, 01:37 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D_nRlNuE0rk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

okcchief
06-19-2012, 01:55 PM

So your point?

If you've had it the last 3 years with Haley why change now?

Chiefnj2
06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
They played hard for Haley last year also... BFD...

Not really.

okcchief
06-19-2012, 01:58 PM
not a Tebow fan here either but i'd take him over Matt.
Cassel cant lead a team or pass.
Tebow cant pass but he's a damn good leader.

You are probably right. Fuck I'm depressed.

Messier
06-19-2012, 02:09 PM
San Diego has the same homefield advantage as KC?

It's a horrible way to measure QB awesomeness. assume I can use this same rating system with every QB?

Mark Sanchez > Tom Brady and Payton Manning.

Makes sense.

jspchief
06-19-2012, 02:15 PM
It's a horrible way to measure QB awesomeness. assume I can use this same rating system with every QB?

Mark Sanchez > Tom Brady and Payton Manning.

Makes sense. Sure it is. It's gochiefs.

But that doesn't preclude me pointing that chiefspants missed the point.

WhiteWhale
06-19-2012, 02:23 PM

it's beyond stupid

Cassel really isn't as bad as people here act like he is.

I don't mean that to defend the guy, because he's not a good QB and I was against bringing him in anyway. That said he's really more 'mediocre' than 'god awful'.

The fact that some here actually believe that Palko was better is a great example. There has never been a QB in the NFL worse than what I saw from Palko.

vailpass
06-19-2012, 02:27 PM
I'd have Tebow over Cassell.
And I didn't like Tebow as my QB.

Messier
06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Cassel really isn't as bad as people here act like he is.

I don't mean that to defend the guy, because he's not a good QB and I was against bringing him in anyway. That said he's really more 'mediocre' than 'god awful'.

The fact that some here actually believe that Palko was better is a great example. There has never been a QB in the NFL worse than what I saw from Palko.

I actually think this is the most common point of view. I just think people are having too much fun with the Cassel sucks thing.

the Talking Can
06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
you can thank Scott Pioli for wasting 4 years of this franchises life on the '22nd best' QB in the league...

22nd best = Franchise QB to Pioli

okcchief
06-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Every QB on that list is as good or better than Cassel. Some are just based on potential, Ponder, Gabbert, Flynn. I've definitely seen more out of Sanchez, Fitzpatrick etc than Cassel. Don't throw stats at me either. He's not ever good against good teams in big games.

Messier
06-19-2012, 02:41 PM
you can thank Scott Pioli for wasting 4 years of this franchises life on the '22nd best' QB in the league...

22nd best = Franchise QB to Pioli

I'm trying to think of the franchise QB we could've gotten over the past four years.

Pioli has done a good job. If you want to get mad at him for something, get mad at him for hiring Haley.

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 02:52 PM
This list is bullshit, Cassell should be in the top ten or twelve.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 02:53 PM

ROFL At least you are consistent in your trolling.

the Talking Can
06-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm trying to think of the franchise QB we could've gotten over the past four years.

Pioli has done a good job. If you want to get mad at him for something, get mad at him for hiring Haley.

no, I'll get mad at him for hand picking a piece of shit QB, thanks...but you can give him a pass

Messier
06-19-2012, 02:56 PM
no, I'll get mad at him for hand picking a piece of shit QB, thanks...but you can give him a pass

Can you think of the awesome QB we missed out on over the last four years?

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 02:57 PM

Dead serious

whoman69
06-19-2012, 03:21 PM

Don't feed the troll

whoman69
06-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Dead serious

That's part of your schtick as well.

whoman69
06-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Can you think of the awesome QB we missed out on over the last four years?

Peyton Manning. Its all tied in.

whoman69
06-19-2012, 03:25 PM

Where we drafted nobody. He needed to take a chance and move up. I don't think we had a chance at Luck or RGIII this year, but he didn't even take a flyer on someone like Freeman. He's used Cassel as his security blanket that entire time.

SNR
06-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Can you think of the awesome QB we missed out on over the last four years?Mark Sanchez.

The team's cupboard was bare. Sanchez was a reach, but he had a far higher positional value than Jackson. Because he's, oh I don't know... A FUCKING QUARTERBACK. And let's not act like Jackson was considered a sure thing, either. He had a lot of growing up to do as a rookie if he was going to become a premier 5-technique.

It was inexcusable for us to trade for Cassel and not draft Sanchez.

SNR
06-19-2012, 03:29 PM
I'll throw Andy Dalton in there as well even though I was and still am a huge fan of the Jon Baldwin pick.

There's also Peyton Manning.

Oh, and we really shouldn't leave Kyle Orton out of the equation, either. We had a chance to keep him over Cassel this year and we balked. Not much of an upgrade, but he's an upgrade nonetheless.

mcaj22
06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
and even besides the Jackson over Sanchez

we have been in position to take plenty of flyers or late round picks with that "boom or bust" potential- Dalton, Ryan Mallet, etc.

It doesnt matter if they suck, it's the principle to at least try and draft a young QB with some sort of upside or grade. Which the Chiefs have avoided completely.

DTLB58
06-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Mark Sanchez.

The team's cupboard was bare. Sanchez was a reach, but he had a far higher positional value than Jackson. Because he's, oh I don't know... A ****ING QUARTERBACK. And let's not act like Jackson was considered a sure thing, either. He had a lot of growing up to do as a rookie if he was going to become a premier 5-technique.

It was inexcusable for us to trade for Cassel and not draft Sanchez.

You could be right, but I'm betting Sanchez wouldn't be anything special at this point, in fact I'm sure he wouldn't have played in 2 conference championship games.
This team has had not a consistent offensive scheme or good enough staff to coach a franchise QB. They all would have failed.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Oh, and we really shouldn't leave Kyle Orton out of the equation, either. We had a chance to keep him over Cassel this year and we balked. Not much of an upgrade, but he's an upgrade nonetheless.I'm not sure Orton was an option. He bolted for Dallas. I'm not sure he really wants to start anywhere. He didnt even try.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 03:33 PM
You could be right, but I'm betting Sanchez wouldn't be anything special at this point, in fact I'm sure he wouldn't have played in 2 conference championship games.
This team has had not a consistent offensive scheme or good enough staff to coach a franchise QB. They all would have failed.Not the point. You can't look at it like this. You still have to try.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 03:35 PM
and even besides the Jackson over Sanchez

we have been in position to take plenty of flyers or late round picks with that "boom or bust" potential- Dalton, Ryan Mallet, etc.

It doesnt matter if they suck, it's the principle to at least try and draft a young QB with some sort of upside or grade. Which the Chiefs have avoided completely.

Yep.

And not only that, but they keep handing him the position every season with NO competition.

Messier
06-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I'll throw Andy Dalton in there as well even though I was and still am a huge fan of the Jon Baldwin pick.

There's also Peyton Manning.

Oh, and we really shouldn't leave Kyle Orton out of the equation, either. We had a chance to keep him over Cassel this year and we balked. Not much of an upgrade, but he's an upgrade nonetheless.

I think they did want Manning. Manning had his 5 or so teams he wanted to go to and the Chiefs weren't one of them.

Sanchez? Same boat as Cassel.

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 03:41 PM
That's part of your schtick as well.

nope, people on here are just blinded by hate and can't argue with facts

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 03:42 PM
nope, people on here are just blinded by hate and can't argue with facts

Please, list the facts.

loochy
06-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Please, list the facts.

The facts:

Cassel sucks

Detoxing
06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
"After doing tape study on Matt Cassel, ESPN's Ron Jaworski described him as a "function of the team around him" and a quarterback who struggles to make throws outside the numbers due to "limited arm strength."
"Cassel is at his best in a managed offense that features run personnel, run formations, and the play-action pass game," Jaws said. "Play action primarily gives the quarterback either-or defined reads. Cassel is very good in that scenario. ... Cassel throws the ball better to the inside -- digs, hooks, and throws like that -- than he does to the outside. That's the way it is for quarterbacks with limited arm strength. You give Matt Cassel a solid run game, a good offensive line, room in the pocket to deliver the football comfortably, and he can be a very efficient NFL starter. That's what he is. He's a function of the team around him, and he needs those pieces in place working effectively."

Marcellus
06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
It is truly amazing, being sincere here, how CP can have the exact same argument 5,000 times in 5,000 different threads.

The exact same argument, over and over gain.

Messier
06-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Yep.

And not only that, but they keep handing him the position every season with NO competition.

This was the first year they handed him the job undeservedly IMO. I was disappointed he's back, but other than Manning there was no one I felt could make a difference at QB for us.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 03:46 PM
"After doing tape study on Matt Cassel, ESPN's Ron Jaworski described him as a "function of the team around him" and a quarterback who struggles to make throws outside the numbers due to "limited arm strength."
"Cassel is at his best in a managed offense that features run personnel, run formations, and the play-action pass game," Jaws said. "Play action primarily gives the quarterback either-or defined reads. Cassel is very good in that scenario. ... Cassel throws the ball better to the inside -- digs, hooks, and throws like that -- than he does to the outside. That's the way it is for quarterbacks with limited arm strength. You give Matt Cassel a solid run game, a good offensive line, room in the pocket to deliver the football comfortably, and he can be a very efficient NFL starter. That's what he is. He's a function of the team around him, and he needs those pieces in place working effectively."Nailed it.

These QBs don't win SBs.

DTLB58
06-19-2012, 03:49 PM

it's beyond stupid

I've always respected Jaws opinion a great deal. But the last broadcast he did when Cassel started he slobbered all over him and said Matt Cassel is a quality, legitimate starting NFL QB. And then we continued to watch him not make reads, dump the ball down, throw picks, over/under throw recievers all over the place.
I think Jaws was really just try to build up the telecast.

Messier
06-19-2012, 03:51 PM
I agree with Josh Freeman. Id' rather have him, but even then he's just middle of the pack.

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 03:55 PM
The facts:

Cassel sucks

27 and 7 and a pro bowl is a good place to start.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Nailed it.

These QBs don't win SBs.

These QBs shouldn't be starters in this league.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 04:00 PM

What were his stats last year? Or the year prior to his "pro bowl" year?

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 04:00 PM

Hate to break it to you but there are only so many Mannings and Bradys to go around. Not every team gets a super star qb

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 04:01 PM
ROFL I knew that was coming.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 04:02 PM

True, but there are only so many elite QBs to go around.

Okie_Apparition
If you could only have 1 condiment for the rest of your life
What would it be?
Castle Sucks for 10,000,000 time doesn't sound so bad

L.A. Chieffan
What were his stats last year? Or the year prior to his "pro bowl" year?

First year and Mike Solari.

Third different OC, multiple key injuries, insane HC

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Hate to break it to you but there are only so many Mannings and Bradys to go around. Not every team gets a super star qb

Yes, but it doesn't mean we should be content with the shit stain we have.

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Chan Gailey, my bad.

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Yes, but it doesn't mean we should be content with the shit stain we have.

Well, he's not that bad.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 04:08 PM
First year and Mike Solari.

Third different OC, multiple key injuries, insane HC

That excuse works for year 1, not year 3. Insane HC has nothing to do with averaging 1 TD a game and less than 200 yards a game. If you take out the game where he lit it up against the vaunted Colts his numbers would be even worse. To use the Charles's and Moeaki's injuries to justify that horrible production from him says alot. A good QB can overcome that, Cassel gets excuses made for him.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-19-2012, 04:10 PM
True, but there are only so many elite QBs to go around.

Those are the only teams to be taken seriously. It's a QB league. If you have a franchise QB, you're competing for Lombardis. If you have a game managing QB, you're competing for a franchise QB. Until then, there's always next year, as they say.

Messier
06-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Scott Pioli is the George Lucas of GMs, and Matt Cassel is The Phantom Menace of QBs.

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 04:13 PM
That excuse works for year 1, not year 3. Insane HC has nothing to do with averaging 1 TD a game and less than 200 yards a game. If you take out the game where he lit it up against the vaunted Colts his numbers would be even worse. To use the Charles's and Moeaki's injuries to justify that horrible production from him says alot. A good QB can overcome that, Cassel gets excuses made for him.

He had everything going against him last year. Internal struggles, injuries, third different offense. His OC was falling asleep in the booth DURING games. Everything was stacked against him, doomed to fail from the start. Only about three or four other guys would've been able to overcome that.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 04:18 PM
He had everything going against him last year. Internal struggles, injuries, third different offense. His OC was falling asleep in the booth DURING games. Everything was stacked against him, doomed to fail from the start. Only about three or four other guys would've been able to overcome that.

He lit it up against Indy though in spite of all that. Just like his 27 and 7 year, he lit it up against the worst teams in the league. When he played against good teams he played like crap and his defenders made excuses for him.

thomas
06-19-2012, 04:21 PM
only up to 22 on the countdown so far

30. Tim Tebow
29. Blaine Gabbert
28. Christian Ponder
27. Matt Flynn
26. Matt Moore
25. Kevin Kolb
24. Ryan Fitzpatrick
23. Mark Sanchez
22. Matt Cassel
Well the AFC East isn't exactly burning it up is it...ROFL

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 04:22 PM
He lit it up against Indy though in spite of all that. Just like his 27 and 7 year, he lit it up against the worst teams in the league. When he played against good teams he played like crap and his defenders made excuses for him.

So you're saying he should SUCK against crappy teams.

Come from the dark side, hate leads to suffering.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 04:23 PM
So you're saying he should SUCK against crappy teams.

Come from the dark side, hate leads to suffering.

Nope, but if he is good as you claim he should play well against bad and good teams. Since you have to defend and make excuses for him says alot. No hate, just don't think he is a capable starting QB.

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Nope, but if he is good as you claim he should play well against bad and good teams. Since you have to defend and make excuses for him says alot. No hate, just don't think he is a capable starting QB.

All your doing is making excuses to bash him.

tredadda
06-19-2012, 04:34 PM
All your doing is making excuses to bash him.

ROFL Sure

Dallas Chief
06-19-2012, 05:07 PM

That's actually why I gave mine up. I am done throwing away the $$$ on this team until it is not the same ole "it's a process, right 53" BS. How about you sign and play the best 53??? Novel concept huh?

SNR
06-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Chan Gailey, my bad.
Damon Huard w/ Solari > Matt Cassel w/ Chan Gailey

Ace Gunner
06-19-2012, 06:05 PM
#31 = Cassel
#32 = Falko

whoman69
06-19-2012, 06:11 PM
#31 = Cassel
#32 = Falko

Who the hell is Falko?

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Who the hell is Falko?

Word play?

Palko + Fail

:shrug:

mcaj22
06-19-2012, 07:40 PM
has BW's take been posted on it yet?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/45134/jaws-matt-cassel-22nd-best-qb

I think he agrees with most of us about the Chiefs this year. (Great positional talent that will sink or swim with a ****ing pisshole below average QB that needs a lot of design help to have a punchers chance)

also laughed at Jaw's actual breakdown:

"Cassel is at his best in a managed offense that features run personnel, run formations and the play-action pass game. Play-action primarily gives the quarterback 'either-or' defined reads. Cassel is very good in that scenario. ... Cassel throws the ball better to the inside -- digs, hooks and throws like that -- than he does to the outside. That’s the way it is with quarterbacks with limited arm strength."

“In addition, the deep throws often come on first down. Play-action is almost always featured. As is six- or seven-man pass-protection schemes."

aka our QB is really bad.

JASONSAUTO
06-19-2012, 07:49 PM
hey TK, i changed the text on my sig to make it more fitting till Castle leaves.
http://i46.tinypic.com/20uz4wo.png

Pussy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
06-19-2012, 08:09 PM
"Cassel is at his best in a managed offense that features run personnel, run formations, and the play-action pass game," Jaws said. "Play action primarily gives the quarterback either-or defined reads. Cassel is very good in that scenario. ... Cassel throws the ball better to the inside -- digs, hooks, and throws like that -- than he does to the outside. That's the way it is for quarterbacks with limited arm strength. You give Matt Cassel a solid run game, a good offensive line, room in the pocket to deliver the football comfortably, and he can be a very efficient NFL starter. That's what he is. He's a function of the team around him, and he needs those pieces in place working effectively."

Jaws knows his quarterbacks, thats spot on.

If everyone else around him is a baller he'll usually win more regular season games than he loses... where the weaknesses rear their ugly heads is the postseason, a top playoff D that has the players to atleast partially stymie the run game without going all in to do it, have it made against him.

All they have to do is scheme to stop those digs, hooks & medium crossing patterns, hardly worrying about anything outside the numbers... i honestly see us winning one playoff game this year based on the overall strength of team & Cassel maxing out, but after that all bets are off... the best D's can shut him down.

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Pussy.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah i'll take some.ROFL

BoneKrusher
06-19-2012, 08:19 PM

yeah, top ten worst starting QB's of the decade.

wazu
06-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Cassel is the worst QB on that initial list. He will never, ever win a playoff game.

tecumseh
06-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Matt cassel is cool with 22. And a bigass paycheck.

Messier
06-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Cassel is the worst QB on that initial list. He will never, ever win a playoff game.

How do you figure he's worst on that list?

wazu
06-19-2012, 09:47 PM
How do you figure he's worst on that list?

#30 has more playoff wins, for starters.

Messier
06-19-2012, 10:21 PM
#30 has more playoff wins, for starters.

He has more than Trent Green too.

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
yeah, top ten worst starting QB's of the decade.

False

L.A. Chieffan
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM

False

mcaj22
06-20-2012, 01:26 AM
there are certainly without a doubt 15 better QBs currently in the NFL better than Cassel

Rodgers
Manning
Manning
Brees
Big Ben
Brady
Romo
Vick
Cutler
Stafford
Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Rivers

thats 13. hes not even close to any of them. That's not counting guys like Dalton, Luck, RGIII (dare you even also argue Locker, Weeden or Tannehill), and then there are game managers that are 10x better at being an average QB than Cassel like Flacco, Josh Freeman and Alex Smith.

so at least 19 QBs in the league are 100 percent definitely better no arguments.

BoneKrusher
06-20-2012, 05:24 AM
False
Tebow comes into arrowhead completes three passes and beats you, that's worthy of being the worst starter in the league. ROFL

Rausch
06-20-2012, 06:00 AM
so at least 19 QBs in the league are 100 percent definitely better no arguments.

I can only think of about 5 starting QB's I'd take Casshole over...

Okie_Apparition
06-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Carson Palma

Coogs
06-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Tebow comes into arrowhead completes three passes and beats you, that's worthy of being the worst starter in the league. ROFL

I know this is nitpicking, but Tebow only completed 2 passes.

And, this is one of Cassel's 3-16 games that went in the loss column. He put the ball in the air 28 times. Completed 13 of 'um for 93 yards for a 3.3 average. Don't know what more you can ask for put out of your starting QB? Has to be someone elses fault.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Anyone have the vid of the segment from yesterday?

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-20-2012, 05:45 PM
I am Cassel Maniac

BoneKrusher
06-20-2012, 05:54 PM

And, this is one of Cassel's 3-16 games that went in the loss column. He put the ball in the air 28 times. Completed 13 of 'um for 93 yards for a 3.3 average. Don't know what more you can ask for put out of your starting QB? Has to be someone elses fault.

Pathetic

mcaj22
06-20-2012, 06:03 PM

how would it be somebody else's fault other than Matt Cassel to come up with a stat line like that

whoman69
06-20-2012, 06:08 PM
how would it be somebody else's fault other than Matt Cassel to come up with a stat line like that

Central, we need a new sarcasm meter on level 5.

Reerun_KC
06-20-2012, 09:54 PM
How about we update the thread? If we are going to do this shit. How.about keep it current?

BoneKrusher
06-21-2012, 05:25 AM
How about we update the thread? If we are going to do this shit. How.about keep it current?

Currently: the Chiefs have a decent roster except for the starting QB.
*Updated*

JD10367
06-21-2012, 06:53 AM
Jaworski: "You give Matt Cassel a solid run game, a good offensive line, room in the pocket to deliver the football comfortably, and he can be a very efficient NFL starter."

Newsflash, Jaws: You give ANY quarterback in the NFL those things, and he SHOULD be a very efficient starter, for fuck's sake.

BoneKrusher
06-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Newsflash, Jaws: You give ANY quarterback in the NFL those things, and he SHOULD be a very efficient starter, for ****'s sake.

:clap:
exactly.
even the worst in the league.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Hell Jaws could probably still sling it around a little with those conditions.

Chiefnj2
06-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Carson Palmer is 21 on the list.

3 of last years AFC West QB's are in the bottom 3rd.

Pasta Giant Meatball
06-21-2012, 03:09 PM
How does Norv still have a job again?

Count Zarth
06-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Scott Pioli is the George Lucas of GMs, and Matt Cassel is The Phantom Menace of QBs.

This is my favorite post in the history of Chiefsplanet.

Von Dumbass
06-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Here's last 5 in Jaws QB Countdown: 20. Bradford 19. Dalton 18. Hasselbeck 17. Freeman 16. Smith. #15 airs this morning on Sports Center.

https://twitter.com/gregcosell/status/217576212187463680

Rausch
06-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Missed the Casshole show.

That should be good. Anyone have a link?...

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-26-2012, 01:18 PM
ROFL

So how much of my fandom/time/life has Pioli wasted with this turd?

Scott Pioli is the George Lucas of GMs, and Matt Cassel is the Jar Jar Binks of QBs.

FXD.

Von Dumbass
07-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Ron Jaworski listed Peyton Manning as 4th best QB in NFL, despite missing last year--not only does Jaws do a great job, but I continue to feel that many fans still do not grasp magnitude of Peyton signing--like Grand Canyon, too big to see at once.

https://twitter.com/broncos_sacco/status/222014714060865536

BoneKrusher
07-08-2012, 11:54 AM
So how much of my fandom/time/life has Pioli wasted with this turd?

FXD.

almost four years for me.

Guru
07-08-2012, 12:17 PM
#31 = Cassel
#32 = Falko

shane Falco is better than both.

Ace Gunner
07-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Fal - CO!

Fal - CO!

Fal - CO!

Fal - CO!

(it was on the tube at my friend's pad earlier)

Rain Man
07-08-2012, 03:06 PM
https://twitter.com/broncos_sacco/status/222014714060865536

I'll take donkey questions for $400, Alex.

Okay, $400. A place where you ride don keys into a gigantic hole in the ground.

What is Denver?

No, the correct answer is 'What is the Grand Canyon'. I'll have to - wait, wait. No, the judges are now saying that Denver is also a correct answer if you're Peyton Manning.

Rain Man
07-08-2012, 03:07 PM
almost four years for me.

Only about 20 minutes for me, but I'm traveling at 99 percent of the speed of light.

Just Passin' By
07-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I can't take this seriously since he's ranking Peyton Manning at #4 when he's coming off of a down year and a lost season, has seen his TD% in decline for years and his INT% (and raw INT numbers) rising for years, and had declining QB ratings numbers in 4 of his last 5 seasons.

KC Tattoo
07-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Fal - CO!

Fal - CO!

Fal - CO!

Fal - CO!

(it was on the tube at my friend's pad earlier)

Amadeus Amadeus

Oh

Oh

Amadeus

BoneKrusher
07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Amadeus

Rock Me :D