PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Games I'm Considering Buying

Sofa King
06-19-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm looking for something to play since Diablo 3 flopped. Anyone have any opinions on what is awesome? PC is preferable, but PS3 is an option as well.

I'll update the 2nd post with the games I'm considering.

EDIT: I haven't checked into these games to see who makes them, how new they are, what platform they play on, or pretty much anything except the gameplay videos so.....

Sofa King
06-19-2012, 04:44 PM
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5883928665?page=1

Getting alot of the titles from this thread on D3's website. Some good game names I've never heard of.

Basically a Diablo/Borderlands mashup.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lBjvhzEi9eY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another Diablo type game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PqGP4LT_cYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another more popular title

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KRE7lIod6-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game looks ****ing awesome.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ABcBFGK5B4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haven't played the Dead Space series but i hear they're awesome.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ygV5Y5FQvNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bWys6jzsIrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dicky McElephant
06-19-2012, 04:53 PM
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5883928665?page=1

Getting alot of the titles from this thread on D3's website. Some good game names I've never heard of.

Basically a Diablo/Borderlands mashup.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lBjvhzEi9eY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game looks ****ing awesome.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ABcBFGK5B4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those two games look pretty fucking good.

Sofa King
06-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Those two games look pretty ****ing good.

I think it would be sweet to find a game very few if any Cpers have played and go in at it as a "clan".

That would be a good time.

EDIT: pretty much what happened in Diablo 3 except i hardly ever see anyone from my friends list on anymore. Went from 10 online all at once to only drunkie, and he's just sitting in the menu's. lol

Mr. Laz
06-19-2012, 06:58 PM
i'm seeing lineage eternal as "play now free" and "to be release in 2014"

???

jd1020
06-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm waiting for Farcry 3 and Assassins Creed 3.

MrNightly
06-19-2012, 08:03 PM
dead space 1 and 2 were classics. crank the Ht, turn off the lights and prepare to get your scare on.

notorious
06-19-2012, 11:26 PM
I heard the Donkey Kong is badass.

WV
06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Assassins Creed 3.

This game intrigues me because of the setting. Could be great.

Setsuna
06-19-2012, 11:42 PM
Lineage Eternal looks brilliant and 2014 would be perfect for me. I still need to get my fill of Tera and GW2.

icepick64
06-20-2012, 04:42 AM
Have you played bastion? I just started that from the humble indie bundle and man, that shit is awesome. A zelda-ish type game with a unique story telling mechanism.

Sofa King
06-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Have you played bastion? I just started that from the humble indie bundle and man, that shit is awesome. A zelda-ish type game with a unique story telling mechanism.

Looks a little cartoony. Is it multiplayer?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VZAuKkv4eZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Lineage Eternal looks brilliant and 2014 would be perfect for me. I still need to get my fill of Tera and GW2.

I'm just wondering since it's Korean is it going to take 8 billion hours to get anything accomplished....

QuikSsurfer
06-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Steam Summer Sale starts in a few days -- don't buy anything right now (except Dark Souls on PS3). You can expect TONS and TONS of big titles to drop to $4.99 during this time.

Huffmeister
06-20-2012, 10:33 AM
since Diablo 3 flopped.

I haven't been following the D3 thread. What's wrong with the game? Was it not what you expected to begin with, or did a recent patch ruin it?

Sofa King
06-20-2012, 10:38 AM
That krater game was JUST released on the 12th of June. Only 15 bucks or 20 bucks for the collectors addition. You can download it off steam. The 2 games I've played off steam (torchlight and Dungeon Siege III) were both awesome.

I think i might go with that one. The timing and price is right. Still gonna do a little more research though. Looking for an indie game... The big names are dropping some seriously shitty games recently.

uy Krater
$14.99 ADD TO CART
Packages that include this game

Buy Krater - Collector's Edition
Includes 3 items: Krater, Krater - Soundtrack, Krater - Dr. Cerebro Pack
PACKAGE INFO $19.99 ADD TO CART
About the Game
Krater is a squad based roleplaying game set in a colorful post-apocalyptic world. It combines the combat mechanics of action-rpgs with the top-down view of the classic old-school RPG and RTS games.

The game brings you far into the future of a post-apocalyptic Sweden. Once home to IKEA, Vikings and Minecraft, today its primitive inhabitants scavenge the broken overgrown world for technological artifacts.

At the rim of an impact site known as the Krater, three factions vie for control over the wound opening up into the world below. Consisting of an endless series of caves and tunnels filled with old world treasures and perils, the Underside stretches into the depths of the fallen Swedish civilization.

You arrive at the Krater with your team of freelancers to take part in the goldrush where people come back rich or don’t come back at all.

Key Features:
Unlimited Adventure - no matter how deep you crawl, there is always more to explore in an open game world where randomized dungeons and events are combined with more than 60 thoroughly designed locations and 200+ quests in order to create a vast gaming experience. Locations range from small settlements with a handful of struggling inhabitants to large urban areas like Solside City, a sprawling regional HUB where you’ll find all sorts of NPCs and services.
Uniquely Persistent Characters - watch your team of odd personalities evolve as they level up and gain new abilities, stat increases and equipment, but also...
Face the Consequences - your characters must cope with the dangers of Krater - if not they will face the threat of permanent injuries or even death.
Craft Everything - from items, weapons, and gear to the abilities and powers of your characters, you can craft it all with an extensive crafting system.
Co-op - With the forthcoming coop content update (release date July 10) you will be able to seamlessly blend between the coop and a online singleplayer game - use your characters to explore an open-ended game world in single player, either by following the main story campaign or just free-roaming the Krater (or a mix of both). You can at any time have your team join up with a friend to take on one of the challenging co-op dungeons. All the loot earned and progress made is kept regardless of game mode. And yes, your grinding efforts that you play in the online single player mode prior to July 10 is kept for both the coop and future PvP expansion as well!
Living title - the game comes from a long test phase with weekly updates of the Steam build that has improved gameplay, added content or new features. This will continue even after release and you can expect free expansions that add or expand on game mechanics, locations, player characters and enemies.
Visual appearance: The game uses the DX11 API (but it also support DX10 hardware) to be able to use beautiful and varied environment and character art. The enemy units are not all simple texture variations on the same model, but sport unique meshes, animation sets and effects to a large extent.
No mandatory connection to an online service: For those who rather stay clear of online gaming and enjoy playing through the campaign in offline mode there is a fully supported single player offline mode.
System Requirements
Minimum:

Processor:Dual Core 2.4GHz processor
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:Shader 4.0 compatible card (minimum: Nvidia GeForce 8xxx, AMD Radeon 2xxx)
DirectX®: DirectX11 drivers (the game support DX10 hardware)
Hard Drive: 5 GB HD space
NOTICE: : Krater requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9.
Recommended:
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
Memory: 4GB
Hard Disk Space: 5GB
Video Card: DirectX 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon HD6870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or higher. Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Sofa King
06-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I haven't been following the D3 thread. What's wrong with the game? Was it not what you expected to begin with, or did a recent patch ruin it?

Tons of problems with the game. The main problem I had is that it's just not fun. It's not a fun game to play. Instead of a diablo style game it seems to be a cash grab for blizzard. They made this game with dollar signs in their eyes, not concern for their fans.

Check out amazon's ratings if that tells you anything. The comments are pretty close to how i feel. D3's forums are full of pissed off people as well.

Sofa King
06-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Steam Summer Sale starts in a few days -- don't buy anything right now (except Dark Souls on PS3). You can expect TONS and TONS of big titles to drop to $4.99 during this time.

Oh good call. Fantastic.

Mr. Laz
06-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I haven't been following the D3 thread. What's wrong with the game? Was it not what you expected to begin with, or did a recent patch ruin it?The fighting is just not fun ... period.

The rest of the game doesn't matter if the heart of the game(fighting) isn't fun enough to make it work. I've seen the fighting called "cheesy" which is really hard to describe. Let's just say that the fights are less about strategy and more about gear and luck.

They are also not making it any better by nerfing every strong skill that allows players to succeed. (note: i don't want to hear about 'game balance' because if they really were working on game balance they would be strengthening weak skills at the same time they are nerfing other things.)

Warning tinfoil hat area:

it seems that they want to make it almost impossible to complete the game without buying uber gear. All that uber gear is now in their Real Money Auction House. Blizzard gets 15% of each transaction from the sales on the RMAH.

Tinfoil hat suggests that they are making patches and game decisions on what will get them the most RMAH money.

jmo

Sofa King
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
The fighting is just not fun ... period.

The rest of the game doesn't matter if the heart of the game(fighting) isn't fun enough to make it work. I've seen the fighting called "cheesy" which is really hard to describe. Let's just say that the fights are less about strategy and more about gear and luck.

They are also not making it any better by nerfing every strong skill that allows players to succeed. (note: i don't want to hear about 'game balance' because if they really were working on game balance they would be strengthening weak skills at the same time they are nerfing other things.)

it seems that they want to make it almost impossible to complete the game without buying uber gear. All that uber gear is now in their Real Money Auction House. Blizzard gets 15% of each transaction from the sales on the RMAH.

Tinfoil hat suggests that they are making patches and game decisions on what will get them the most RMAH money.

jmo

Of course this is what the plan is all about. Same shit Call of Duty has been doing. Release an unfinished game that is less fun than it's predecessor, and then sell a shitton of DLC's and sell shit for in game use. It's not a shocker that Activision is involved with both franchises.

As for the fighting, just be prepared to spend 99% of nearly every battle running like a bitch. Melee can't tank for shit without top tier gear, and ranged classes basically have to be glass cannons or they don't do enough damage... which is a double edged sword because d3 thought it would be fun to add instant kill ranged attacks from a shitload of enemies and they made the screen small enough that sometimes you don't even see the enemy before they attack you and 1 shot you.

Dicky McElephant
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
That krater game was JUST released on the 12th of June. Only 15 bucks or 20 bucks for the collectors addition. You can download it off steam. The 2 games I've played off steam (torchlight and Dungeon Siege III) were both awesome.

I think i might go with that one. The timing and price is right. Still gonna do a little more research though. Looking for an indie game... The big names are dropping some seriously shitty games recently.

uy Krater
$14.99 ADD TO CART
Packages that include this game

Buy Krater - Collector's Edition
Includes 3 items: Krater, Krater - Soundtrack, Krater - Dr. Cerebro Pack
PACKAGE INFO $19.99 ADD TO CART
About the Game
Krater is a squad based roleplaying game set in a colorful post-apocalyptic world. It combines the combat mechanics of action-rpgs with the top-down view of the classic old-school RPG and RTS games.

The game brings you far into the future of a post-apocalyptic Sweden. Once home to IKEA, Vikings and Minecraft, today its primitive inhabitants scavenge the broken overgrown world for technological artifacts.

At the rim of an impact site known as the Krater, three factions vie for control over the wound opening up into the world below. Consisting of an endless series of caves and tunnels filled with old world treasures and perils, the Underside stretches into the depths of the fallen Swedish civilization.

You arrive at the Krater with your team of freelancers to take part in the goldrush where people come back rich or don’t come back at all.

Key Features:
Unlimited Adventure - no matter how deep you crawl, there is always more to explore in an open game world where randomized dungeons and events are combined with more than 60 thoroughly designed locations and 200+ quests in order to create a vast gaming experience. Locations range from small settlements with a handful of struggling inhabitants to large urban areas like Solside City, a sprawling regional HUB where you’ll find all sorts of NPCs and services.
Uniquely Persistent Characters - watch your team of odd personalities evolve as they level up and gain new abilities, stat increases and equipment, but also...
Face the Consequences - your characters must cope with the dangers of Krater - if not they will face the threat of permanent injuries or even death.
Craft Everything - from items, weapons, and gear to the abilities and powers of your characters, you can craft it all with an extensive crafting system.
Co-op - With the forthcoming coop content update (release date July 10) you will be able to seamlessly blend between the coop and a online singleplayer game - use your characters to explore an open-ended game world in single player, either by following the main story campaign or just free-roaming the Krater (or a mix of both). You can at any time have your team join up with a friend to take on one of the challenging co-op dungeons. All the loot earned and progress made is kept regardless of game mode. And yes, your grinding efforts that you play in the online single player mode prior to July 10 is kept for both the coop and future PvP expansion as well!
Living title - the game comes from a long test phase with weekly updates of the Steam build that has improved gameplay, added content or new features. This will continue even after release and you can expect free expansions that add or expand on game mechanics, locations, player characters and enemies.
Visual appearance: The game uses the DX11 API (but it also support DX10 hardware) to be able to use beautiful and varied environment and character art. The enemy units are not all simple texture variations on the same model, but sport unique meshes, animation sets and effects to a large extent.
No mandatory connection to an online service: For those who rather stay clear of online gaming and enjoy playing through the campaign in offline mode there is a fully supported single player offline mode.
System Requirements
Minimum:

Processor:Dual Core 2.4GHz processor
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:Shader 4.0 compatible card (minimum: Nvidia GeForce 8xxx, AMD Radeon 2xxx)
Hard Drive: 5 GB HD space
NOTICE: : Krater requires DirectX 10, a DirectX 10 compatible video card, and Windows Vista or Windows 7. There is no support for Windows XP or DirectX 9.
Recommended:
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
Memory: 4GB
Hard Disk Space: 5GB
Video Card: DirectX 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon HD6870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or higher. Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

I might be giving this game a try.

Dicky McElephant
06-20-2012, 11:08 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BMKubY7BHxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aspengc8
06-20-2012, 11:23 AM
The fighting is just not fun ... period.

jmo

1.03 just came out yesterday. I've gotten much better drops in act 1 inferno now, so i can actually get into act II.

lcarus
06-20-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm sure you've probably already played these games, but I'll suggest them anyways in case you haven't.

Batman Arkham City for PC
Batman Arkham Asylum for PC
Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition for PS3 or 360
Dead Space 1 & 2 for PC
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Silent Hill HD Collection
NBA 2K12 for PC (best sports game I've ever played)
Grand Theft Auto IV - MUST be PC version. Sooo much better than console versions.

the Talking Can
06-20-2012, 01:38 PM
i'm waiting for torchlight 2...was excited about diablo, but it sounds like a cluster fuck

Mr. Laz
06-20-2012, 01:53 PM
1.03 just came out yesterday. I've gotten much better drops in act 1 inferno now, so i can actually get into act II.hopefully that's a good sign

maybe they will also start to strengthen some of the worthless ass skills.

There's ton of skills they can make stronger and/or more usable without making them overpowered. In fact, there are probably more worthless skills than usable ones tbh.

The higher runes need to be made considerably stronger, not just different.

Sofa King
06-21-2012, 12:04 AM
This game will be free to play when it comes out. Pretty cool.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Eaa9R_g1A1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dicky McElephant
06-21-2012, 10:39 AM
How huge is that skill tree? JFC.

Fishpicker
06-21-2012, 11:46 AM

enormous. and those are all just passive skills. you can build a character any which way. PoE is awesome. I cant wait until the full game is released (August 2012?). Free to play.

Bump
06-21-2012, 03:37 PM

jmo

that's what I've been saying all along. Everybody said I was crazy and I got the "Hey man! It's Blizzard!!" response.

Who has 2 thumbs and was fucking right? THIS GUY

QuikSsurfer
06-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is 75% off right now on Steam... FYI

Sofa King
06-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is 75% off right now on Steam... FYI

Is there 1 or 2 Dues Ex games? Is that the first one?

What's that game all about? What kind of game is it?

DON'T BE SO FUCKING STINGY WITH THE GODDAMN DETAILS!

QuikSsurfer
06-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Is there 1 or 2 Dues Ex games? Is that the first one?

What's that game all about? What kind of game is it?

DON'T BE SO FUCKING STINGY WITH THE GODDAMN DETAILS!

The entire Deus Ex collection is 75% off. The one I specified is the latest edition of the series. It's a stealth/action/RPG. If you haven't heard or know nothing about Deus Ex... I can't help but hate you.

jd1020
06-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Thats not the first one but isn't it suppose to take place before the previous games?

Sofa King
06-22-2012, 08:24 AM
The entire Deus Ex collection is 75% off. The one I specified is the latest edition of the series. It's a stealth/action/RPG. If you haven't heard or know nothing about Deus Ex... I can't help but hate you.

LMAO

I've heard of it, but i know noone that plays it.

Otter
06-22-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't have a lot of time for PC games right now, and believe me I miss a six pack and a good night of gaming, but Arma 2 with the Day Z mod has been catching my interest more than anything. As soon as I get time I"m giving it a whirl. $20 on Steam. Do some YouTube research, it looks pretty fucking cool.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/54pbaLNLTlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz
06-22-2012, 10:04 AM

enormous. and those are all just passive skills. you can build a character any which way. PoE is awesome. I cant wait until the full game is released (August 2012?). Free to play.

here is a place we you can plan your passive skill tree path or just explore it.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMA

QuikSsurfer
06-22-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't have a lot of time for PC games right now, and believe me I miss a six pack and a good night of gaming, but Arma 2 with the Day Z mod has been catching my interest more than anything. As soon as I get time I"m giving it a whirl. $20 on Steam. Do some YouTube research, it looks pretty fucking cool.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/54pbaLNLTlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really should try Arma 2 again -- that Day Z mod has really drawn people to this game. I played the demo (Arma 2 vanilla) and loved the sense of scale of the game but holy shit - it's not your typical shooter. There is a huge learning curve for this game. I'll probably pick up the full version during the steam summer sale (not that $20 is overpriced). Steam has just trained me not to purchase any game a full price.

Sofa King
06-22-2012, 10:43 AM
I don't have a lot of time for PC games right now, and believe me I miss a six pack and a good night of gaming, but Arma 2 with the Day Z mod has been catching my interest more than anything. As soon as I get time I"m giving it a whirl. $20 on Steam. Do some YouTube research, it looks pretty ****ing cool.

That game does look pretty fun. The commentary is awesome.

Otter
06-22-2012, 03:33 PM
I really should try Arma 2 again -- that Day Z mod has really drawn people to this game. I played the demo (Arma 2 vanilla) and loved the sense of scale of the game but holy shit - it's not your typical shooter. There is a huge learning curve for this game. I'll probably pick up the full version during the steam summer sale (not that $20 is overpriced). Steam has just trained me not to purchase any game a full price.

I tried Arma and couldn't stand it. Too slow and yes, a HUGE learning curve. This looks pretty neat though and the devs keep adding to and refining the mod regularly.

jd1020
06-22-2012, 04:11 PM
I tried Arma and couldn't stand it. Too slow and yes, a HUGE learning curve. This looks pretty neat though and the devs keep adding to and refining the mod regularly.

Looks pretty fun but man it would suck playing that solo.

jd1020
06-22-2012, 08:16 PM
I don't have a lot of time for PC games right now, and believe me I miss a six pack and a good night of gaming, but Arma 2 with the Day Z mod has been catching my interest more than anything. As soon as I get time I"m giving it a whirl. $20 on Steam. Do some YouTube research, it looks pretty ****ing cool.

Not 100% sure but I believe the mod requires the expansion combined operations too. So it's $50 to play that mod.

Edit: Yep... from the dayzmod website...

Requirements:
ArmA II: CO
DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
Balls

And it's $30 I guess. The CO version includes the regular version aswell.

Sofa King
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
http://tegan.drakensang.com/

Another free to play game. The trailer is after the link.

Swanman
06-27-2012, 01:36 PM
My vote would be Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. If you haven't played it, it's Fable meets Skyrim. I have put about 40 hours in and only about 25% through the game. The gameplay is fun and the only complaint I have heard is that your characters can get too overpowered, which can be a fun thing. You can get it for PC or PS3 but get it soon, the company that made it (Curt Schilling's 38 Studios) is no more.

ReynardMuldrake
06-27-2012, 01:38 PM

jmo

It's really not that far-fetched. More and more publishers are shifting to the microtransaction business model nowadays.

frankotank
06-27-2012, 01:42 PM
I know it's a ways away yet....Sep 18 last I knew, anyone excited about Borderlands 2?

Sofa King
06-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I know it's a ways away yet....Sep 18 last I knew, anyone excited about Borderlands 2?

Hell yeah. Borderlands is an awesome game.

frankotank
06-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Hell yeah. Borderlands is an awesome game.

possibly my fav. I've yet to find a "like" game that compares. you?

Sofa King
06-27-2012, 02:31 PM
possibly my fav. I've yet to find a "like" game that compares. you?

It's in a league of it's own. I love how it's set up, and the look of it is just awesome.

Krater has some of the same looking environment, but it's from a Diablo viewpoint, not a FPS.

Dicky McElephant
06-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Krater looks interesting....but I don't like the concept of controlling all three characters at once.

Sofa King
06-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Krater looks interesting....but I don't like the concept of controlling all three characters at once.

Ever play Dragon Age? It was confusing at first, but deeper into the game i was thankful to be able to control them 1 at a time.

frankotank
06-27-2012, 04:31 PM
It's in a league of it's own. I love how it's set up, and the look of it is just awesome.

Krater has some of the same looking environment, but it's from a Diablo viewpoint, not a FPS.

Yeah the pic of the video had me excited....I noticed that immediately and was like ahhhh shucks

Setsuna
06-27-2012, 04:51 PM
What about F2P games?

Sofa King
06-27-2012, 07:25 PM
What about F2P games?

There's some of those listed in this thread already.