PDA

View Full Version : Football Well, no one said Drew Brees was smart...

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 10:44 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/drew-brees-compares-saints-bounty-investigation-wmd-fiasco-155631469--nfl.html

Drew Brees compares Saints bounty investigation to the WMD fiasco

Remember Monday, when we told you that the NFL took 12 reporters inside the ice cream factory and showed them a bunch of "explosive" evidence against the New Orleans Saints? Well, Saints quarterback Drew Brees evidently took that description to heart.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/2DmeF3dGbQtQ.8quy2I8tw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/yahoo_breesWMDtweet.jpg

Um ... yeah. Probably not a good idea to compare a process that got a few people suspended from professional football to a process (however flawed it may have been) that started a war which goes on in some iterations a decade later. That said, the point Brees is trying to make is that, just as with the WMD story, a governing body is dropping the hammer with what some would consider to be less than compelling evidence. In retrospect, former President George W. Bush called the "intelligence failure" his biggest regret during his eight years in office.
When the NFL gave 12 reporters access to the evidence used to discipline the Saints players during a meeting after Monday morning's appeal hearings, it became very clear that there was something very fishy going on in New Orleans. But to a man, those who saw the evidence were far more certain that the Saints should be sanctioned for their "pay-for-performance" system ... and far less certain that four players -- Jonathan Vilma, Scott Fujita, Anthony Hargrove and Will Smith -- should be suspended for certain amounts of time.

pr_capone
06-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Wow... seriously dumb. Plus, way to take a swipe and your fan base.

Fuck that guy. I would not shed a tear if he has a CEI.

Buck
06-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Put your foot deeper into your mouth.

Cornstock
06-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Wow... seriously dumb. Plus, way to take a swipe and your fan base.

**** that guy. I would not shed a tear if he has a CEI.

I dont think Brees is faulting the fan base here. To keep with his analogy, that would be like blaming us for starting the war in Iraq.

Cornstock
06-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Still an insensitive thing to say.

I'd still have him start for my team though.

Phobia
06-19-2012, 11:01 PM
The dude is competitive and now his team isn't. Of course he's going to be defensive. But yeah, a lot smarter to just keep your mouth shut at this point.

Chiefs Pantalones
06-19-2012, 11:04 PM
He's a soulja like Winslow Jr.

SNR
06-19-2012, 11:06 PM
It wasn't Brees who said that. It was his evil giant mole who somehow took control of Brees' body

Setsuna
06-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Soulja Boy approves.

Bump
06-19-2012, 11:15 PM
ya, New Orleans needs to run Brees out of town. I hear that Kansas City is a great place to start over with a clean slate.

Count Zarth
06-19-2012, 11:18 PM
He is going to eviscerate Cassel.

Cornstock
06-19-2012, 11:26 PM
ya, New Orleans needs to run Brees out of town. I hear that Kansas City is a great place to start over with a clean slate.

is saying "THIS" cliche yet?

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2012, 11:35 PM

Considering that NO defense is going to completely suck balls, I say no.

Johnny Vegas
06-19-2012, 11:41 PM
its like a shot at the media I think. The media keeping this story hot telling the fans about the bounty evidence with its details that Goodell has. Fans believing all of it and not doubting some of it due to some vague details along the way. Because he's saying if they were TOLD so its directed at who's feeding the information to the fans.

Dylan
06-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Comparing the bounty program to "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq is disrespectful and so out of line. Brees owes an apology to our armed forces.

What a dumbass!

Sean Payton, Greg Williams and Joe Vitt apologized for their roles in the bounty program. They said that they were sorry that it took place.

Why would so many admit to this, if nothing happened?

Simply Red
06-20-2012, 12:02 AM
drew brees

Johnny Vegas
06-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Comparing the bounty program to "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq is disrespectful and so out of line. Brees owes an apology to our armed forces.

What a dumbass!

Sean Payton, Greg Williams and Joe Vitt apologized for their roles in the bounty program. They said that they were sorry that it took place.

Why would so many admit to this, if nothing happened?

George Bush owes an apology to the armed forces and their families.

BigMeatballDave
06-20-2012, 12:12 AM

The intelligence community does. Most democrats were on board, don't go there.

Dylan
06-20-2012, 12:14 AM

Seems you had never heard of Judith Miller.

Dave Lane
06-20-2012, 12:19 AM

This

Dylan
06-20-2012, 12:24 AM
This

No.

Judith Miller and Ahmed Chalabi

This.

Dave Lane
06-20-2012, 06:33 AM
No.

Nice try but not one chance in seven hells. They just where enablers to people who not only wanted to believe, but twisted the facts intentionally.

Predarat
06-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Yikes, sometimes the things these athletes say on twitter. Holy shit.

BigMeatballDave
06-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Nice try but not one chance in seven hells. They just where enablers to people who not only wanted to believe, but twisted the facts intentionally.

Just stop.

Democrats were on board with this. Congress voted to go to war.

This is why I hate partisan politics.
Knock it off before this shit is sent to DC.

MIAdragon
06-20-2012, 07:30 AM
The intelligence community does.

Bullshit.

Nickel D
06-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Wow.

I can't wait to read DB's tweet regarding the stupidity of the Saints organization to ignore warnings from the NFL.

I'm wai......ting....

CoMoChief
06-20-2012, 07:32 AM
There's a lot of truth to this....regardless of what side of the political fence you're on.

Thig Lyfe
06-20-2012, 07:41 AM
They found Gregg Williams in a spider hole outside of Baton Rouge. So the comparison is somewhat valid.

Molitoth
06-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Wednesday June 20, 2012
Drew Brees has released an official statement.
"My brother hacked my twitter account."

KCUnited
06-20-2012, 07:55 AM
Chiefs need to shock and awe the Saints when they invade New Orleans in week 3.

the Talking Can
06-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Just stop.

Democrats were on board with this. Congress voted to go to war.

This is why I hate partisan politics.
Knock it off before this shit is sent to DC.

um, Brees politicized it...that's what the whole damn article is about

and Bush, Cheney et al created the intel out of nothing...that's not an argument, that's an established fact named 'curveball'..or chalabi...or yellowcake...or Powell...or...

Saulbadguy
06-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Jonathan Vilma is a weapon of mass destruction.

lcarus
06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Uhh, actually I did think Brees was smart. Everyone is entitled to make a dumb comment from time to time.

Johnny Vegas
06-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Uhh, actually I did think Brees was smart. Everyone is entitled to make a dumb comment from time to time.

I mean the President does this every day. so...

Thig Lyfe
06-20-2012, 09:00 AM
I mean the President does this every day. so...

NAILED IT!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Ace Gunner
06-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Jonathan Vilma is a weapon of mass destruction.

So, Iraq did have a WMD! It was hidden in NO! You should be awarded the medal of honor! I knew we weren't being lied to! I knew it!

I knew it!
I knew it!
I knew it!
PBJ

MahiMike
06-20-2012, 10:51 AM
I thought it was a perfect analogy. What's the problem here?

loochy
06-20-2012, 10:57 AM

meh...Pioli would just bring him in to "compete" with Stanzi and Quinn

vailpass
06-20-2012, 11:09 AM

Going from the Quarter and the Garden District to the Plaza might be a bigger adjustment than mortal man can make.

Dylan
06-20-2012, 05:13 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/whistling.gif

The Times-Picayune

Excerpt: Drew Brees says he meant no offense to military with his Tweet about weapons of mass destruction

By Doug Tatum

NEW ORLEANS. On Tuesday afternoon the veteran quarterback and staunch supporter of the U.S. military posted two comments to his Twitter account - which has more than one million followers - apologizing if any members of the military took offense at his analogy comparing the league's allegation that the Saints ran a bounty program to the United States' fruitless search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq a decade ago.

Here are his two posts from Tuesday:

"My WMD comment has nothing to do with politics or our brave military. Merely an analogy to show how media influences public perception

"I apologize if the WMD comment offended anyone. Especially our military. There is no one I respect more than our service men and women

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/06/drew_brees_says_he_meant_no_of.html

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 05:55 PM

Considering that NO defense is going to completely suck balls, I say no.

It sounds to me like Gaythan thinks Brees and Cassell are going to engage in hand-to-hand combat. The New Orleans defense doesn't have shit to say about it.

Thig Lyfe
06-20-2012, 10:47 PM
It sounds to me like Gaythan thinks Brees and Cassell are going to engage in hand-to-hand combat. The New Orleans defense doesn't have shit to say about it.

He meant that Brees is going to literally disembowel Cassel with a Bowie knife.

Count Zarth
06-20-2012, 11:04 PM

Here is what will happen when we visit New Orleans.

The Saints score a TD to start the game. They almost always start fast at home. Just accept this.

The Chiefs will punt after a first down or two, because Cassel sucks. Especially on the road, especially against a team with a good pass rush and loud crowd.

Maybe our D will hold.

The Chiefs will punt after a first down or two, because Cassel sucks.

Our D will give up a field goal. 10-0 Saints.

The Chiefs will get a first down or two, then someone not named Cassel will make a play. Cassel won't be good enough to finish the drive. 10-3, Saints.

Sensing a chance to get back into the game, Chiefs D will hold.

Cassel now has a chance to tie the game. He fails.

Brees gets the ball back again. Too many chances for such a great QB. 17-3 Saints.

Game over.

This is what Cassel does. It defines his career. He loses to good QBs, beats the shitty ones, and somewhere in between, hoodwinks Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt into giving him $60 million.

Cassel will go to New Orleans, watch us fall behind, give Brees too many possessions, and the game will be over by halftime.

We're going to get fucking killed in the dome.

BigMeatballDave
06-20-2012, 11:12 PM

The Saints score a TD to start the game. They almost always start fast at home. Just accept this.

The Chiefs will punt after a first down or two, because Cassel sucks. Especially on the road, especially against a team with a good pass rush and loud crowd.

Maybe our D will hold.

The Chiefs will get a first down or two, then someone not named Cassel will make a play. Cassel won't be good enough to finish the drive. 10-3, Saints.

Brees gets the ball back again. Too many chances for such a great QB. 17-3 Saints.

Game over.

This is what Cassel does. It defines his career. He loses to good QBs, beats the shitty ones, and somewhere in between, hoodwinks Scott Pioli and Clark Hunt into giving him $60 million.

Cassel will go to New Orleans, watch us fall behind, give Brees too many possessions, and the game will be over by halftime.

We're going to get fucking killed in the dome.Even with Brees this season, the Saints are going to be dogshit.

Kyle DeLexus
06-21-2012, 12:14 AM

Maybe our D will hold.

Game over.

We're going to get fucking killed in the dome.

You forgot the part where with about a 10 seconds to go, Cassel throws a terrible pass that is deflected by a NO DB and falls into the hands of Baldwin who takes it to the house. After the game we are told by the coaches and Pioli that Cassel showed some late game moxie.

Johnny Vegas
06-21-2012, 02:34 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/whistling.gif

The Times-Picayune

Excerpt: Drew Brees says he meant no offense to military with his Tweet about weapons of mass destruction

By Doug Tatum

NEW ORLEANS. On Tuesday afternoon the veteran quarterback and staunch supporter of the U.S. military posted two comments to his Twitter account - which has more than one million followers - apologizing if any members of the military took offense at his analogy comparing the league's allegation that the Saints ran a bounty program to the United States' fruitless search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq a decade ago.

Here are his two posts from Tuesday:

"My WMD comment has nothing to do with politics or our brave military. Merely an analogy to show how media influences public perception

"I apologize if the WMD comment offended anyone. Especially our military. There is no one I respect more than our service men and women

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/06/drew_brees_says_he_meant_no_of.html

This is what I was saying all along. :D