PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Romney dressage horse Rafalka going to the Olympics!

Cave Johnson
06-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Wooooo! USA!

http://gawker.com/5919796/stephen-colbert-celebrates-the-olympic-ascendence-of-mitt-romneys-dressage-horse

mlyonsd
06-20-2012, 12:18 PM
USA USA USA

FD
06-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Something called Horse Ballet is an Olympic sport? Good lord.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Nothing says "I'm a regular guy in touch with middle class Joe Sixpack" than owning a champion dancing horsey.

vailpass
06-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Nothing says "I'm a regular guy in touch with middle class Joe Sixpack" than owning a champion dancing horsey.

Have you considered shutting the **** up? I mean seriously contemplated the benefits to both you and society in general of you never speaking or typing another word?

Saul Good
06-20-2012, 12:30 PM

If a moderate like you thinks this is bad, then this just cost him my vote.

vailpass
06-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Something called Horse Ballet is an Olympic sport? Good lord.

Dressage is really cool to watch. My friend's wife in Iowa is a dressage trainer/rider. Smart frigging beasts.

FD
06-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Dressage is really cool to watch. My friend's wife in Iowa is a dressage trainer/rider. Smart frigging beasts.

I'll have to take your word for it about the horse ballet. I'll stick to the ones you can bet on.

vailpass
06-20-2012, 12:39 PM
I'll have to take your word for it about the horse ballet. I'll stick to the ones you can bet on.

Fair enough. If you like animals at all it is hard not to be impressed and amazed at how well trained the dressage horses are, and how beautifully rider and mount move in unison.

vailpass
06-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Something obama and Mitt have in common: Mitt's wife rides a horse and so does obama.

FD
06-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Fair enough. If you like animals at all it is hard not to be impressed and amazed at how well trained the dressage horses are, and how beautifully rider and mount move in unison.

I dont doubt that its impressive, but it still doesn't sound like it belongs in the Olympics.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 12:43 PM
If a moderate like you thinks this is bad, then this just cost him my vote.

Didn't say it was bad or good. It just is what it is. Romney tries a bit too hard to shake his image of a robotic super-rich elite, so it is kind of funny that he owns a champion horse in of all things, Horse Ballet.

Anyway, he's already trying to seperate himself from being involved in the ownership of an Olympic Horse Ballet participant.

I won't be watching it. I have a campaign to run."

"[Ann] cares very deeply about this sport and about horses. I joke that Im going to have to send her to Betty Ford for an addition to horses.

ROFL

vailpass
06-20-2012, 12:44 PM
I dont doubt that its impressive, but it still doesn't sound like it belongs in the Olympics.

Maybe not. Maybe it's a nod to the equestrian events in the original olympic games?

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Have you considered shutting the **** up? I mean seriously contemplated the benefits to both you and society in general of you never speaking or typing another word?

Maybe you should consider your own contributions to the world. This is a thread involving a horse and you haven't made a Michelle Obama reference yet. Usually I see a few of those a day from you. Not feeling well?

EDIT: Never mind, I see you are feeling just fine.

vailpass
06-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Didn't say it was bad or good. It just is what it is. Romney tries a bit too hard to shake his image of a robotic super-rich elite, so it is kind of funny that he owns a champion horse in of all things, Horse Ballet.

Anyway, he's already trying to seperate himself from being involved in the ownership of an Olympic Horse Ballet participant.

I won't be watching it. I have a campaign to run."

"[Ann] cares very deeply about this sport and about horses. I joke that Im going to have to send her to Betty Ford for an addition to horses.

ROFL

Uncouth, unkempt and uncultured.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 12:53 PM

So are dogs that herd sheep and catch frisbees. I'd much rather see that in the Olympics. You are such a tool. ROFL

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Uncouth, unkempt and uncultured.

If thinking horse ballet is a ridiculous sport makes me those things...I'm ok with it.

vailpass
06-20-2012, 12:57 PM
If thinking horse ballet is a ridiculous sport makes me those things...I'm ok with it.

Apparently you have no choice in the matter.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Maybe not. Maybe it's a nod to the equestrian events in the original olympic games?

Or maybe some ridiculous rich folks wanted to invent a sport they could participate in and they "convinced" enough people to make it an Olympic event.

HonestChieffan
06-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Something obama and Mitt have in common: Mitt's wife rides a horse and so does obama.

Classic

stevieray
06-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Or maybe some ridiculous rich folks wanted to invent a sport they could participate in and they "convinced" enough people to make it an Olympic event.

tool...ROFL

vailpass
06-20-2012, 01:01 PM

How's it feel to want?

alpha_omega
06-20-2012, 01:03 PM

So, you have plenty to say about the horse ballet, but your responses are absent in the "Obama Claims Executive Privilege" thread? Strange.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 01:04 PM
How's it feel to want?

Want to what? Dance with a horse? I would have no idea.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Well, so far the reasons not to vote for Romney include a fabricated story about ordering a sub and his owning a horse that will be in the Olympics.

The only reasons not to vote for Hussein include everything from arming Mexican drug lords to appointing himself dictator and crushing the separation of powers to buy votes from both legal and illegal aliens as well as imposing his will on religious organizations.

Obviously Hussein is a shoo-in.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 01:08 PM
So, you have plenty to say about the horse ballet, but your responses are absent in the "Obama Claims Executive Privilege" thread? Strange.

There's only so much nonsense I can address every day. Arguing over whether a president can invoke Executive Privilege. No thanks, I think that is pretty well settled. Arguing over what it means? If I want to see crackpot theories, I'll read a birther thread.

Anyway, there's actually people on this thread saying how great horse ballet is. Can't beat that.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Well, so far the reasons not to vote for Romney include a fabricated story about ordering a sub and his owning a horse that will be in the Olympics.

Just to be clear, I've never said those are reasons not to vote for him.
But if you are going to start compiling a list like this, please do not leave out not being able to recognize a donut.

vailpass
06-20-2012, 01:12 PM
I admire the fact that Mrs. Romney participates in dressage as a means of physical therapy for her MS and has taken it to such a high level.

vailpass
06-20-2012, 01:15 PM
There's only so much nonsense I can address every day. Arguing over whether a president can invoke Executive Privilege. No thanks, I think that is pretty well settled. Arguing over what it means? If I want to see crackpot theories, I'll read a birther thread.

Anyway, there's actually people on this thread saying how great horse ballet is. Can't beat that.

Black Frankie.

Saul Good
06-20-2012, 01:17 PM
I admire the fact that Mrs. Romney participates in dressage as a means of physical therapy for her MS and has taken it to such a high level.

No no no. When Republicans are exceptional, it shows that they are out of touch with the common man.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 01:17 PM

Her participation with the Olympic ballet horse consists of owning it.

JFC, who knew you would be so far up the Romney's asses? This is quite a love affair blossoming.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 01:21 PM
No no no. When Republicans are exceptional, it shows that they are out of touch with the common man.

I don't know what political affiliation the ballet horse's rider is. Or are you under the impression the Miss Romney is doing the riding? Or are you just saying that she is exceptional at owning things?

Horse ballet has some strong defenders. I wouldn't have guessed it.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 01:22 PM

I hope you're not comparing that to Michelle's ability to keep the Millennium Falcon flying...

vailpass
06-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Her participation with the Olympic ballet horse consists of owning it.

JFC, who knew you would be so far up the Romney's asses? This is quite a love affair blossoming.

Do you know Direckshun?

qabbaan
06-20-2012, 01:24 PM
I for one am shocked that a successful businessman is wealthy.

I think we should only elect people who have no experience in business... Uh... Wait, that isn't working out so well....

vailpass
06-20-2012, 01:26 PM
I for one am shocked that a successful businessman is wealthy.

I think we should only elect people who have no experience in business... Uh... Wait, that isn't working out so well....

I prefer empty suits who got free rides to elite schools thanks in part to a race based quota system and who were elected much more on the fact that they are half black than on merit or qualifications.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Just to be clear, I've never said those are reasons not to vote for him.
But if you are going to start compiling a list like this, please do not leave out not being able to recognize a donut.

Well, obviously the lists could not be all inclusive since it would have taken me to well past November to complete the reasons not to vote for Hussein.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 01:31 PM
All of you are so full of crap. If you were flipping through the channels and came across NBC's coverage of Olympic Horse Ballet, you would say, "This is a sport? This is an Olympic sport? What a crock of shit--this is ridiculous."

But with Romney attached--someone you didn't even really like a few weeks ago--suddenly you love it and him. What a bunch of phony idiots.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 01:32 PM
I prefer empty suits who got free rides to elite schools thanks in part to a race based quota system and who were elected much more on the fact that they are half black than on merit or qualifications.

Remember he also claimed Kenya was his birthplace to get a free ride in college, which he only changed once he decided to run for POTUS...

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 01:34 PM
All of you are so full of crap. If you were flipping through the channels and came across NBC's coverage of Olympic Horse Ballet, you would say, "This is a sport? This is an Olympic sport? What a crock of shit--this is ridiculous."

But with Romney attached--someone you didn't even really like a few weeks ago--suddenly you love it and him. What a bunch of phony idiots.

What's the matter cosmo/orange...Are you getting so angry you're almost ready to take your ball and run off again?

stevieray
06-20-2012, 01:36 PM

tool...ROFL

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 01:37 PM
What's the matter cosmo/orange...Are you getting so angry you're almost ready to take your ball and run off again?

Don't know who orange is, but I'm not angry about anything. I think you people are hilarious. Sad and pathetic, but hilarious.

Saul Good
06-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't know what political affiliation the ballet horse's rider is. Or are you under the impression the Miss Romney is doing the riding? Or are you just saying that she is exceptional at owning things?

I couldn't give two shits about horse ballet. I simply prefer a person who is successful to one who has no non-political accomplishments.

Saul Good
06-20-2012, 01:43 PM

Cosmo isn't orange.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 01:43 PM
I couldn't give two shits about horse ballet. I simply prefer a person who is successful to one who has no non-political accomplishments.

Present!

LiveSteam
06-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Tens of thousands of everyday Americans own Horses you YOU ASSHAT!

mlyonsd
06-20-2012, 01:46 PM
The 2012 Olympics will mark the 100 year anniversary of Dressage being an Olympic competition.

Until 1952 only commissioned military officers were allowed to compete in any Olympic Equestrian event.

fan4ever
06-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Well I did a little look into the origin of "horse dressage" and it seems to have started in Europe, even ancient Greece. So, since liberals think Europe does everything right, I'm sure there will be an apology coming along soon about what a valid sport it indeed is.

"Classical equitation stems from Greek historian and horse trainer, Xenophon (c. 430-355 BCE). Many are surprised to hear that Ancient Greeks were the first to realize how important and useful a well trained horse was in warfare. A schooled horse was more agile, quick and overall more successful in battles.

From there on out, others built upon the Greeks classical training with their horses. Most recognize Knights from the Middle Ages to be the first classical dressage riders, because of their success in wars and impressive battle armor. The term Dressage is actually a French word meaning “training”. The term came along years after when the French began practicing it.

Today, Dressage riding is known as the “Equestrian Ballet” and it is practiced in an arena. Some see Dressage as a silly and unnessary sport, or they see it as an elitist activity for those who only want to show off. If that is how you feel, you are mistaken. If you grasp the history behind it’s origins and the purpose of each movement, you will understand how amazing dressage is. In my opinion (and I’m a western rider) Dressage is the one form of riding that takes complete mental and physical collaboration of horse and rider."

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 02:24 PM

Um, ok. Is that something to shout about? How many are ballerinas? The horses, that is.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 02:27 PM
The 2012 Olympics will mark the 100 year anniversary of Dressage being an Olympic competition.

Until 1952 only commissioned military officers were allowed to compete in any Olympic Equestrian event.

Oh, no one told me it was had been an Olympic sport for 100 years. I guess that means it is not a ridiculous event. But where is the recognition of dogs that catch frisbees those chickens that play tic-tac-toe?

vailpass
06-20-2012, 02:58 PM

Cool, did not know that.

HonestChieffan
06-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Was not General Patton an Olympic competitor in dressage?

Cave Johnson
06-20-2012, 03:25 PM

Dancing horses?

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Dancing horses?

Don't question it. And don't make fun of it. Apparently, once touched by a Romney, it becomes cool. It turns out that horse ballet is not a ridiculous "sport" at all.

blaise
06-20-2012, 04:44 PM
"I can't believe you RWNJ even posted this thread about Obama! This isn't news! Look at the nonsense stories you post!"

mlyonsd
06-20-2012, 05:06 PM
"I can't believe you RWNJ even posted this thread about Obama! This isn't news! Look at the nonsense stories you post!"Yeah kind of ironic aint it.

blaise
06-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah kind of ironic aint it.

Yeah, weird how opinions change from one thread to another.

LiveSteam
06-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Dancing horses?

Dancing, barrel racing & rodeo, show, & just for the hell of it.
Dont forget Budweiser :D

blaise
06-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Romney is so elite. Next thing you know he'll he going to exclusive Hollywood parties with celebrities.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh, no one told me it was had been an Olympic sport for 100 years. I guess that means it is not a ridiculous event. But where is the recognition of dogs that catch frisbees those chickens that play tic-tac-toe?

Dancing horses?

Don't question it. And don't make fun of it. Apparently, once touched by a Romney, it becomes cool. It turns out that horse ballet is not a ridiculous "sport" at all.

My God, you two have just decided to double-down on stupid, haven't you...LMAO

RedNeckRaider
06-20-2012, 06:17 PM

Shut up dancing horses should be banned~

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Now here's a real Olympic sport...where man and machine must truly be as one!

"Classical cycling stems from Geek historian and unicycle trainer, Urkel (c. 430-355 BC). Many are surprised to hear that Ancient Geeks were the first to realize how important and useful a well trained nerd was in warfare. A schooled rider was more agile, quick and overall more successful in battles, especially when properly attired."

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5844/enhancedbuzz32155133554.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/enhancedbuzz32155133554.jpg/)

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 06:50 PM

I'd say the group that became fans of competitive horsey dancing this morning shouldn't be calling anyone stupid.

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Now here's a real Olympic sport...where man and machine must truly be as one!

ROFL Good point. I know that when I was a kid, all the dorks had bikes. All the cool kids were practicing how to make a horse do ballet.

RedNeckRaider
06-20-2012, 07:05 PM
ROFL Good point. I know that when I was a kid, all the dorks had bikes. All the cool kids were practicing how to make a horse do ballet.

You are pathetic LMAO can you list one single poster here that takes you seriously? I am only asking for one~

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 07:13 PM
You are pathetic LMAO can you list one single poster here that takes you seriously? I am only asking for one~

I can't name very many who don't apparently have their head up their ass.

Look at this thread. JFC, you morons are taking up for horse ballet!

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 07:19 PM

Incredible isn't it? Hundreds of posters on this board and you couldn't name one that doesn't think you're an idiot...

RedNeckRaider
06-20-2012, 07:19 PM

Nice try dipshit. I agree with several posters on different subjects, regardless of their political affiliation. The only thing I agree with everyone on, is you are full of shit~

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Incredible isn't it? Hundreds of posters on this board and you couldn't name one that doesn't think you're an idiot...

Hilarious. Is that what the mean kids said to you on the playground? We both know what you are, junior.

RedNeckRaider
06-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Nice try dipshit. I agree with several posters on different subjects, regardless of their political affiliation. The only thing I agree with everyone on, is you are full of shit~

Cosmo, I am bumping this in case you missed it, or any posters wanting to defend you missed it~

jjjayb
06-20-2012, 07:52 PM

Cause Obama is a regular Joe Sixpack guy himself. :rolleyes: He's more like a Joe Wine Spritzer.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 08:19 PM

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1262/smokejw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/smokejw.jpg/)

cosmo20002
06-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Cause Obama is a regular Joe Sixpack guy himself. :rolleyes: He's more like a Joe Wine Spritzer.

Yeah, the similarities between his life growing up and Mitt's are just eerie.

stevieray
06-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Cosmo, I am bumping this in case you missed it, or any posters wanting to defend you missed it~

...he's a tool.

Cave Johnson
06-21-2012, 11:01 AM
The Romney's had a $77K tax writeoff on Rafalka last year, btw. Glad the tax code supports Ann Romney's therapy.

blaise
06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
The Romney's had a $77K tax writeoff on Rafalka last year, btw. Glad the tax code supports Ann Romney's therapy.

So what?

I mean other than the habit of portraying people with money as evil.

cosmo20002
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
So what?

The point of this thread was not to say Romney is evil, although he does baptize dead people. It was to have some fun illustrating what a tool he is. Little did we know about all of the closeted horse ballet fanatics who have also shown themselves to be tools.

mikey23545
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
So what?

Only welfare recipients are true of heart.

Cave Johnson
06-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Only welfare recipients are true of heart.

It's only welfare if it goes to poor people.

ChiefsCountry
06-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Liberals are such funny creatures.

mlyonsd
06-21-2012, 01:47 PM
The point of this thread was not to say Romney is evil, although he does baptize dead people. It was to have some fun illustrating what a tool he is. Little did we know about all of the closeted horse ballet fanatics who have also shown themselves to be tools.I thought it was Ann Romney's horse.

cosmo20002
06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
I thought it was Ann Romney's horse.

I'm assuming it is marital property, but anyway, close enough.

vailpass
06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
I thought it was Ann Romney's horse.

I thought it was obama's wife.

mikey23545
06-21-2012, 02:33 PM
The point of this thread was not to say Romney is evil, although he does baptize dead people.

Obama just signs them up to vote.

blaise
06-21-2012, 02:35 PM
The point of this thread was not to say Romney is evil, although he does baptize dead people. It was to have some fun illustrating what a tool he is. Little did we know about all of the closeted horse ballet fanatics who have also shown themselves to be tools.

He owns a horse. Who cares? Why are you obsessing over some dude's horse? You're the one that seems like a tool for crying over some dude's freaking horse.

blaise
06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
"Hey everyone! Romney has a horse that like dances or something!!!!!!! Oh my God can you believe it? Let's make a big deal out of some guy's horse! I mean, come on! A horse! Can you believe it? It's crazy!"

vailpass
06-21-2012, 03:06 PM
"Hey everyone! Romney has a horse that like dances or something!!!!!!! Oh my God can you believe it? Let's make a big deal out of some guy's horse! I mean, come on! A horse! Can you believe it? It's crazy!"

Anything they can do to divert attention from the fiasco that is obama is to their benefit.

Chief Henry
06-21-2012, 03:31 PM
We have four horses. My wife is going out tonight to ride her parents.

She loves the four horses. I could care less one way or the other about them, but since
my wife loves them, I will help her out with what she loves. I'm guessing Mitt feels the same way for his wife.

vailpass
06-21-2012, 03:42 PM
We have four horses. My wife is going out tonight to ride her parents.

She loves the four horses. I could care less one way or the other about them, but since
my wife loves them, I will help her out with what she loves. I'm guessing Mitt feels the same way for his wife.

That is cruel as hell; I can't believe they let her do that.

She has four horses, why doesn't she ride one of those instead?

cosmo20002
06-21-2012, 03:45 PM
He owns a horse. Who cares? Why are you obsessing over some dude's horse?

He's a mega-rich tool who doesn't recognize a donut, but he tries real hard to act like he's just a regular dude. Then we learn he has an Olympian horse in the event of Horse Ballet, which might be the most ridiculous "sport" that exists and just a perfect symbol for his awkward richer-than-rich demeanor. Horse Ballet - it is begging to be ridiculed.

As for who is obsessing, I made my crack about it and figured that was that. Then came the onslaught of hate from closet horse ballet lovers that has gone on for almost 100 posts.

vailpass
06-21-2012, 05:36 PM
He's a mega-rich tool who doesn't recognize a donut, but he tries real hard to act like he's just a regular dude. Then we learn he has an Olympian horse in the event of Horse Ballet, which might be the most ridiculous "sport" that exists and just a perfect symbol for his awkward richer-than-rich demeanor. Horse Ballet - it is begging to be ridiculed.

As for who is obsessing, I made my crack about it and figured that was that. Then came the onslaught of hate from closet horse ballet lovers that has gone on for almost 100 posts.

LMAO

mikey23545
06-21-2012, 05:57 PM

Do you really believe that shit?...What, rich people don't eat donuts?

I'll tell you what's amazing - a fucking grown man that's never heard of dressage...

cosmo20002
06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Do you really believe that shit?...What, rich people don't eat donuts?

I'll tell you what's amazing - a ****ing grown man that's never heard of dressage...

Believe it? I saw him on video not being able to identify a donut.

I really don't find it all that amazing, but who are you talking about that hasn't heard of dressage?

vailpass
06-21-2012, 06:17 PM

I really don't find it all that amazing, but who are you talking about that hasn't heard of dressage?

DONUTS GOT HOLES!!

blaise
06-22-2012, 07:02 AM
"Hey everyone! Romney donuts and horses! Can you believe that! I mean, donuts and horses! How out of touch is this guy? Not like Obama hanging out with George Cloobey and Sarah Jessica Parker every five minutes. I know it's ok to cry about any Obama story not being news but lets all focus on donuts and horses! The Obama stuff is fake outrage, this is different! You can see how middle of the road I am by the way I'm obsessing over donuts and horses!"

blaise
06-22-2012, 07:04 AM

Better to own a dancing horse than to keep beating a dead one like you are with the dressage lines.

cosmo20002
06-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Better to own a dancing horse than to keep beating a dead one like you are with the dressage lines.

I was done after my first couple posts. Everything else has been a response to all of the closet horse ballet and Romney fans. I really had no idea that either of them was so popular.

Chief Henry
06-22-2012, 11:42 AM
That is cruel as hell; I can't believe they let her do that.

She has four horses, why doesn't she ride one of those instead?

:redface:

Guess....She did have a nice time riding her...........horses.

vailpass
06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
:redface:

Guess....She did have a nice time riding her...........horses.

:D

blaise
06-22-2012, 05:53 PM
I was done after my first couple posts. Everything else has been a response to all of the closet horse ballet and Romney fans. I really had no idea that either of them was so popular.

Really? Because I've seen you try and work it into other threads.