PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Ron Paul On Social Security

Mr. Laz
06-20-2012, 03:39 PM
LMAO

Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutional
The Huffington Post | By Erin Mershon
Posted: 06/20/2012 11:26 am Updated: 06/20/2012 12:24 pm

FOLLOW: Elections 2012, Morning Joe, Social Security, Elections 2012, Ron Paul, Video, Ron Paul 2012, Sam Stein, Ron Paul Social Security, Politics News

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) may rail against Social Security insolvency in the public eye, but that hasn't stopped him from accepting the government checks.

The libertarian-leaning Republican and former presidential candidate admitted Wednesday that he accepts Social Security checks just minutes after he called for younger generations to wean themselves off the program, in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I want young people to opt out of Social Security, but my goal isn't to cut," he said.

The Huffington Post's Sam Stein then asked Paul, "A bit of a personal question -- Are you on Social Security? Do you get social security checks?"

Paul admitted he does, stating, "[It's] just as I use the post office, I use government highways, I use the banks, I use the federal reserve system. But that doesn't mean that you can't work to remove this in the same way on Social Security."

Paul also said he still pays more into Social Security than he gets in his checks.

Paul is outspoken about the need to end government programs like the Federal Reserve and the departments of energy and education. But he said he would not eliminate programs like Social Security and Medicare, despite his belief that the programs are unconstitutional. He planned to allow citizens under the age of 25 to opt out of the system in order to save their own money for retirement, if elected to the presidency.

Johnny Vegas
06-20-2012, 04:46 PM
I admit I shop at walmart even though I think they're a cancer to America's small businesses. :shrug:

DementedLogic
06-20-2012, 05:35 PM
LMAO

Ron Paul Admits He's On Social Security, Even Though He Believes It's Unconstitutional
The Huffington Post | By Erin Mershon
Posted: 06/20/2012 11:26 am Updated: 06/20/2012 12:24 pm

FOLLOW: Elections 2012, Morning Joe, Social Security, Elections 2012, Ron Paul, Video, Ron Paul 2012, Sam Stein, Ron Paul Social Security, Politics News

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) may rail against Social Security insolvency in the public eye, but that hasn't stopped him from accepting the government checks.

The libertarian-leaning Republican and former presidential candidate admitted Wednesday that he accepts Social Security checks just minutes after he called for younger generations to wean themselves off the program, in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I want young people to opt out of Social Security, but my goal isn't to cut," he said.

The Huffington Post's Sam Stein then asked Paul, "A bit of a personal question -- Are you on Social Security? Do you get social security checks?"

Paul admitted he does, stating, "[It's] just as I use the post office, I use government highways, I use the banks, I use the federal reserve system. But that doesn't mean that you can't work to remove this in the same way on Social Security."

Paul also said he still pays more into Social Security than he gets in his checks.

Paul is outspoken about the need to end government programs like the Federal Reserve and the departments of energy and education. But he said he would not eliminate programs like Social Security and Medicare, despite his belief that the programs are unconstitutional. He planned to allow citizens under the age of 25 to opt out of the system in order to save their own money for retirement, if elected to the presidency.

Your point?
He doesn't believe that people should be forced into social security, not that people who have paid in shouldn't be able to collect it. He paid into social security for 50+ years, why wouldn't he collect?

Perhaps you should post a thread about how he declined his congressional pension.

RedNeckRaider
06-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I admit I shop at walmart even though I think they're a cancer to America's small businesses. :shrug:

That ain't shit, I have sat in a public resturant, and gulped down a 32oz Coke, while eating a chili dog...I kid you not~

T-post Tom
06-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Not surprising.

Johnny Vegas
06-20-2012, 05:47 PM
That ain't shit, I have sat in a public resturant, and gulped down a 32oz Coke, while eating a chili dog...I kid you not~

Really? because I find that the molecular structure in the subject could potentially destroy the compounds we've engineered over the last decade.

patteeu
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Gotcha thread fizzles for lack of a gotcha.

RedNeckRaider
06-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Really? because I find that the molecular structure in the subject could potentially destroy the compounds we've engineered over the last decade.

Great, now you tell me~

SNR
06-20-2012, 07:42 PM
This is no different than the stupid argument inviting Warren Buffet to donate some of his cash to the government if he thinks the rich should pay more taxes. Sending his social security check back to the government mathematically solves nothing, just as Warren Buffet's extra tax dollars would make diddle shit difference to the amount of revenue we need to afford these entitlement programs.

Deberg_1990
06-20-2012, 07:45 PM
And he's just like 99.9% of the rest of America. Talks a nice game, but doesn't walk the walk, so I fail to see a story here.

|Zach|
06-20-2012, 07:49 PM
This is no different than the stupid argument inviting Warren Buffet to donate some of his cash to the government if he thinks the rich should pay more taxes. Sending his social security check back to the government mathematically solves nothing, just as Warren Buffet's extra tax dollars would make diddle shit difference to the amount of revenue we need to afford these entitlement programs.

Yea Laz is pretty much a dumb shit.

patteeu
06-20-2012, 07:57 PM
And he's just like 99.9% of the rest of America. Talks a nice game, but doesn't walk the walk, so I fail to see a story here.

He doesn't tell people to refuse to pay taxes and he doesn't tell them to refuse to take SS. The walk you're expecting him to walk isn't a walk he talks.

mikey23545
06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
He doesn't tell people to refuse to pay taxes and he doesn't tell them to refuse to take SS. The walk you're expecting him to walk isn't a walk he talks.

"The libertarian-leaning Republican and former presidential candidate admitted Wednesday that he accepts Social Security checks just minutes after he called for younger generations to wean themselves off the program, in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I want young people to opt out of Social Security..."

Uhh, I guess he doesn't tell them to refuse it, but come on....

Otter
06-20-2012, 09:08 PM
This country would be a mess if Ron Paul was elected president. The talking picture box told me so and I listen when the talking picture box speaks!!!

:harumph:

SNR
06-20-2012, 09:12 PM
"The libertarian-leaning Republican and former presidential candidate admitted Wednesday that he accepts Social Security checks just minutes after he called for younger generations to wean themselves off the program, in an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

Uhh, I guess he doesn't tell them to refuse it, but come on....So they don't wind up paying more into the system than they get out of it.

Which is what his situation is.

DementedLogic
06-20-2012, 10:37 PM
So they don't wind up paying more into the system than they get out of it.

Which is what his situation is.

He wants young people to manage their own retirement. He wasn't given the option of whether or not to pay into social security, and he doesn't believe that is right.

patteeu
06-20-2012, 11:33 PM

Uhh, I guess he doesn't tell them to refuse it, but come on....

I agree with the ronpauls on this one.