PDA

View Full Version : Life Cruel Kids Make Elderly School Bus Monitor Cry

Pages : [1] 2

Deberg_1990
06-21-2012, 07:58 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l93wAqnPQwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Disturbing and NSFW

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/disturbing-viral-video-shows-teens-abusing-bus-monitor/

WHAM-TV has more about the incident and the clip, which has gone viral and is beginning to attract national attention:

You can see some students on camera and hear others off camera taunting the woman about her weight.

The students also talk about threatening to go over to the bus monitor’s house and steal from her.

Greece Central School District has asked YouTube to take down the video.

Spokeswoman Laurel Heiden said their bullying response and prevention team was activated and all students involved will face disciplinary action.

It’s unclear when this incident happened.

The school district believes all the students are in middle school.

Of course, this description is mild when compared to hearing the actual words used in the clip. As can be viewed and heard above, the children told Klein that she looks like a troll and that she should “shut the f**k up” when she tried to defend herself.

Here‘s a selection of some of the other grotesque comments that were thrown Klein’s way in the first minute of the clip:

“Fat ass.”

“Oh my God, you’re so fat.”

“You take up like the whole entire seat.”

“Put those glasses back on. I can’t stand looking at your face.”

When the woman tells the kids that she is crying (presumably as a result of their attacks) they refuse to relent. In fact, one kid can be heard saying that she’s shedding tears because “she probably misses her box of Twinkies.” Here’s more:

“You have refluxes of an elephant,” another child can be heard saying.

“She‘s going to pick out which kid she’s going to rape next,” another quipped.

“She’s going to die of diabetes, because she’s so damn fat,” said another.

At moments, the youths even poked and attempted to touch the woman, as she sat, for the most part quietly, and allowed their abuse to continue.

“If I stabbed you in the stomach, my knife would go through you like butter because it’s all f**king water,” another kid said.

Among the comment that hurt the most, Klein told WHAM-TV that one child’s statement that she is so ugly that her “kids should kill themselves” was particularly hurtful. Her son committed suicide 10 years ago. Reporter Patrice Walsh tweeted about the interview, claiming that the incident occurred this past Monday:

Ace Gunner
06-21-2012, 08:15 AM
America -- love it or leave it!!1!!1!

lcarus
06-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Kids these days. We're all screwed.

BigCatDaddy
06-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Time to call in this guy.

http://now.msn.com/now/0620-dad-spanks-boyfriend

DA_T_84
06-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Wesley Helm # (585) 224-6328

Bryce Helm (Wesley's Brother) # (585) 944-4169

Luis Recio's # (585) 224-6328

School’s fax number: (585) 966-4039

heendstylee 2 minutes ago 31

Comment section lol

Canofbier
06-21-2012, 08:33 AM
These kids need a serious ass-whooping. "Look at all that blood! What an ugly, swollen face! You'd better cover it up, you troll!" Their parents have failed.

ZepSinger
06-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Freaking little b@stards. I think I'd have to hire a linebacker-sized 17-year old to come in and beat the living holy snot out of them. This type of story infuriates me.

On the good side- this story has raised such outrage that a fund has been established for her- it's already raised over 142 grand. Hopefully she can retire and leave those cowardly, disrespectful punks far behind. They'll probably all end up in prison anyway...

Z

KCUnited
06-21-2012, 08:34 AM

ROFL

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 08:37 AM
http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home&a=719343

She gon get paid

DJ's left nut
06-21-2012, 08:40 AM
The school district believes all the students are in middle school.

Ya think?

Middle school children shouldn't be allowed to congregate together. In fact, they probably shouldn't be allowed out in public. Take every kid in the country as soon as they hit 12, throw them in a goddamn pit until they turn 15 and then consider letting them out.

Middle-schoolers are the most vile, wretched, heathenous living things in the history of God's creation.

LOCOChief
06-21-2012, 08:41 AM
I would think that someone who found anything funny about this is the kind of person that would do something like this.

-King-
06-21-2012, 08:43 AM
4Chan released all of the kids and their parent's info yesterday. And apparently users on reddit raised money so the lady could take a vacation and got $50,000+.

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 08:49 AM
4Chan released all of the kids and their parent's info yesterday. And apparently users on reddit raised money so the lady could take a vacation and got $50,000+.

It's $160,000+ now.

I can't believe there wasn't a single kid on the bus with the guts to tell the other kids to stop being assholes. Even at that age, I think I'd have been more than capable of realizing what they were doing was wrong and at least trying to put an end to it.

QuikSsurfer
06-21-2012, 08:49 AM

$100,000 +

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 08:51 AM
$100,000 +

$160,000+

-King-
06-21-2012, 08:51 AM
It's $160,000+ now. :eek:

I can't believe there wasn't a single kid on the bus with the guts to tell the other kids to stop being assholes. Even at that age, I think I'd have been more than capable of realizing what they were doing was wrong and at least trying to put an end to it.

Me neither. I can't even watch the video. There is no way I could have just sat there on that bus and watched that.

ZepSinger
06-21-2012, 08:56 AM
:eek:

Me neither. I can't even watch the video. There is no way I could have just sat there on that bus and watched that.

Same here- I can't watch the video. Reading about the level of disrespect and hearing about her crying because of the torment was all I could take.

LOCOChief
06-21-2012, 08:58 AM
My freshman year I got off the bus a long, long way from my stop to annihilate a freak for calling the bus driver a bitch and threatening her. That was the first of many ass beating for that jackass whom eventually dropped out of HS. That was 31 years ago. My wife is an aid on a school bus for kids with behavioral problems. She's all of 5'1 and 110lbs soaking wet and after seeing the video of the kid beating the shit out of a female bus driver and now this I'm nervous as hell when she's at work.

DJ's left nut
06-21-2012, 08:59 AM
It's $160,000+ now.

Middle. Schoolers.

It's the most obvious example of hateful hive-mind you'll ever see.

And as to asking anyone to stand up to it - had they done so, they'd have very likely had their ass kicked for it. I can't fault the 12 yr old kids on the bus that chose to keep their heads down as the bullets started to fly. At that age, you're really just grist for the mill.

Like it or not, the people on that bus are the people that the 'noble bulwark' you're looking for here would've had to see day in, day out, for 7 hours a day for the next 3 years or so. There's a very real element of self-preservation that goes with just staying the hell out of their way lest you be their target for the remainder of your pre-pubescant years.

I'd have shellacked my kid for taking part in it and ultimately would've been proud of my kid for standing up to it, but certainly wouldn't fault them for staying the hell out of the way of it. Lets face it, for every example of this going viral, there are hundreds of examples every day of a pack of bullying youngsters on busses being shitheads daily and if you're the one that stands up to them and it doesn't go viral, you're just a target for a dozen shitheads every single day you get on the bus to go to school.

I won't fault a pre-teen for not wanting any part of that mess.

Superturtle
06-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Goddamn. I heard about this bit didn't realize it was in Greece. This is upstate Rochester, ny. I live 5 mins from there.

Lumpy
06-21-2012, 09:02 AM
I couldn't bring myself to watch the video, but the comments in the OP are enough to piss me off. Some kids today have no respect for authority. The sad part is, many of those comments show their lack of intelligence.

“Put those glasses back on. I can’t stand looking at your face.”

:facepalm:

The little, ignorant assholes wouldn't survive one day on CP w/ that kind of smack talk. LMAO

I feel so bad for the bus monitor. It's one thing to keep your cool around the little bully pricks, but she just sat back and took the abuse. Sadly, there's not much anyone can do or say when you're a part of the school system.

My dad is a substitute teacher and had a similar incident, (only not as harsh in the way of comments, and it was just 1 student). The kid was up in his face yelling, w/ his fists clenched and threatening to hit my dad. There wasn't much he could do, aside from sending the little asshole to the office.

tomahawk kid
06-21-2012, 09:10 AM
I tell you, stuff like this makes me afraid as hell for my two daughters, and just sad in general.

I never understood, prior to having kids, why someone would home school their children. I now have a much better perspective on why people consider it - although I think its an extreme measure.

Easy 6
06-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Boy would it be fun to take her place for a day, they'd think they were on a bus ride to hell.

BigCatDaddy
06-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Middle. Schoolers.

And as to asking anyone to stand up to it - had they done so, they'd have very likely had their ass kicked for it. I can't fault the 12 yr old kids on the bus that chose to keep their heads down as the bullets started to fly. At that age, you're really just grist for the mill.

Like it or not, the people on that bus are the people that the 'noble bulwark' you're looking for here would've had to see day in, day out, for 7 hours a day for the next 3 years or so. There's a very real element of self-preservation that goes with just staying the hell out of their way lest you be their target for the remainder of your pre-pubescant years.

I'd have shellacked my kid for taking part in it and ultimately would've been proud of my kid for standing up to it, but certainly wouldn't fault them for staying the hell out of the way of it. Lets face it, for every example of this going viral, there are hundreds of examples every day of a pack of bullying youngsters on busses being shitheads daily and if you're the one that stands up to them and it doesn't go viral, you're just a target for a dozen shitheads every single day you get on the bus to go to school.

Middle school teachers should make triple what elementary and high school teachers make. Throwing a bunch of hormone raging kids together for the first time each trying to find a niche and make a name for themselves is a recipe for douchebaggery on a grand scale.

Pestilence
06-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Unfortunately if she would have retaliated.....the dipshit parents would have sued her and the school for mental distress.

All of these kids need to be driven out to a farm somewhere and left to fend for themselves.

Lumpy
06-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Unfortunately if she would have retaliated.....the dipshit parents would have sued her and the school for mental distress.

All of these kids need to be driven out to a bad part of town and left to fend for themselves.

FYP

:evil:

Pestilence
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
FYP

:evil:

They're from New York. I have a feeling they could survive in the bad part of town. You drive those fuckers out to a farm where there is no cell service and no bathrooms....and they're fucked.

ZepSinger
06-21-2012, 09:25 AM
I tell you, stuff like this makes me afraid as hell for my two daughters, and just sad in general.

I never understood, prior to having kids, why someone would home school their children. I now have a much better perspective on why people consider it - although I think its an extreme measure.

We've homeschooled our 3 daughters from the start, and stories like this just reaffirm our choice.

tomahawk kid
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
We've homeschooled our 3 daughters from the start, and stories like this just reaffirm our choice.

I can imagine - kids are freaking animals.

Pestilence
06-21-2012, 09:28 AM
It's going to be tough as fuck to be a good parent. I have a feeling that when my daughters hit middle school.....I'm going to want to physically kill some kids in her class.

Lumpy
06-21-2012, 09:28 AM
They're from New York. I have a feeling they could survive in the bad part of town. You drive those ****ers out to a farm where there is no cell service and no bathrooms....and they're ****ed.

I guess I missed that part. :hmmm:

To the farm w/ those bastards!!!

DMAC
06-21-2012, 09:29 AM
183K with 30 days to go. She is good for the rest of her life. WOW that is awesome.

DJ's left nut
06-21-2012, 09:32 AM

All of these kids need to be driven out to a farm somewhere and left to fend for themselves.

Why is my pit idea not getting more traction?

Pestilence
06-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Why is my pit idea not getting more traction?

I'm all for it. You draw up the plans and I'll try and come up with some sponsor money.

Pestilence
06-21-2012, 09:35 AM
183K with 30 days to go. She is good for the rest of her life. WOW that is awesome.

That's fucking awesome.

DJ's left nut
06-21-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm all for it. You draw up the plans and I'll try and come up with some sponsor money.

I think we could get that bus monitor to chip in a solid 100K...

DMAC
06-21-2012, 09:40 AM
I think we could get that bus monitor to chip in a solid 100K...

ROFL

DaFace
06-21-2012, 09:43 AM

It's $160,000+ now.

Reddit's been doing a lot of stuff like this lately. I'm all for it in concept, but good lord - that's just WAY over the top. Hell, I'll sit on a bus and let kids make fun of me for $160k. :)

The Bad Guy
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Those kids should never be allowed on the school bus again. Inconvenience the family and have them take these scumbag kids to school every day. They obviously are raised with no respect and need a huge dose of reality.

I'm happy this woman is going to get enough to make sure she doesn't have to work that job again.

tomahawk kid
06-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Those kids should never be allowed on the school bus again. Inconvenience the family and have them take these scumbag kids to school every day. They obviously are raised with no respect and need a huge dose of reality.

That's one hell of an idea, actually.

-King-
06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Reddit's been doing a lot of stuff like this lately. I'm all for it in concept, but good lord - that's just WAY over the top. Hell, I'll sit on a bus and let kids make fun of me for $160k. :)

This.

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Middle. Schoolers.

I mean, yeah. I probably would have tried to stay out of the cross fire. I wasn't super popular in middle school and was teased myself every now and then, so I wouldn't have been in the best position to try and stop it. But surely there was a kid on that bus cool enough that these kids would listen when he/she told them to stop?

seclark
06-21-2012, 10:18 AM

been there. a girl that rode the bus told my wife and i about a kid who was giving our daughter shit on the bus every day. mostly teasing...saying vile things to her("do you like to fuck dogs?", etc).

i contacted the school and at first they tried to kind of brush it off, saying the poor kid had a rough life and they'd discuss his actions w/him. i told them i wanted a meeting w/the super, principal, counselor, the kid and his parents. turned out the kid lived w/his grandparents, who claimed they couldn't do anything with him.

it pissed me off that the school acted like they were more worried about the bully than the victim. they wanted the kid to say he was sorry to my daughter, and i told them i didn't want the little fucker anywhere near her. by time it was over, he couldn't ride the bus and his grandparents had to drive him to school every day. i can't remember everything i said/threatened, but i think i made my point.

a few years later, the kid showed up at my front door. he'd graduated, joined the army and had just gotten back from boot camp. said he wouldn't blame me if i ran him off my property, but he wanted to say he was sorry to my daughter, wife and myself. i was surprised, impressed, but still had very mixed feelings.

kid was killed in iraq a couple years later. left a wife and son. i went to the funeral.

kids can be fucking mean. it's a shame.
sec

big nasty kcnut
06-21-2012, 10:20 AM
I hope those kids never be happy and never be loved. Also drop them off in montana in the winter months and let them freeze.

DJ's left nut
06-21-2012, 10:23 AM
I mean, yeah. I probably would have tried to stay out of the cross fire. I wasn't super popular in middle school and was teased myself every now and then, so I wouldn't have been in the best position to try and stop it. But surely there was a kid on that bus cool enough that these kids would listen when he/she told them to stop?

I moved the summer before middle school...and got glasses.

I was fairly popular prior to that, but being a brand new kid with glasses right as middle school started...yeah, that shit was rough. And really, that's all it took to just get blistered. It wasn't until freshman football that I started to hang out with more of the 'cool' kids and began to crawl back out of that shell. It started a little before that, probably 8th grade, but it really took until my Sophomore year to get all the way back to being a confident kid again.

I would never ever advise a parent to uproot their kids at that age if they can avoid it. I got lucky - my folks moved to a pretty nice sub-division and we had some money so I had the trappings of relative wealth at my disposal; decent clothes, friends with money, etc...; but it was just butt-lucky. But/for the neighborhood I moved into and the friends I made in same, I'd have taken a much different path. The easiest kids to ingratiate myself with where the stoners and trouble-makers that are always glad to bring in another miscreant. It wouldn't have taken much at all for me to fall in with that crowd instead.

Perhaps I'm just jaded by my experience - I won't deny a hell of a lot of lingering bitterness over those years - but people really underestimate just how tough those 2 or 3 years can be.

Pestilence
06-21-2012, 10:25 AM
I moved the summer before middle school...and got glasses.

I was fairly popular prior to that, but being a brand new kid with glasses right as middle school started...yeah, that shit was rough. And really, that's all it took to just get blistered. It wasn't until freshman football that I started to hang out with more of the 'cool' kids and began to crawl back out of that shell. It started a little before that, probably 8th grade, but it really took until my Sophomore year to get all the way back to being a confident kid again.

I would never ever advise a parent to uproot their kids at that age if they can avoid it. I got lucky - my folks moved to a pretty nice sub-division and we had some money so I had the trappings of relative wealth at my disposal; decent clothes, friends with money, etc...; but it was just butt-lucky. But/for the neighborhood I moved into and the friends I made in same, I'd have taken a much different path. The easiest kids to ingratiate myself with where the stoners and trouble-makers that are always glad to bring in another miscreant. It wouldn't have taken much at all for me to fall in with that crowd instead.

Perhaps I'm just jaded by my experience - I won't deny a hell of a lot of lingering bitterness over those years - but people really underestimate just how tough those 2 or 3 years can be.

I was a fat kid in middle school. I FULLY understand how rough those years can be.

Mosbonian
06-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Try being the parent of a child with Aspergers who rides the bus home....it's not just the middle school kids (although they are in a class by themselves), it's also HS students.

When my son was a Senior my daughter was a Freshman....the unmerciful teasing and taunting that my son faced. Then when he just tuned them out, the kids decided it was time to pick on m daughter.

Halfway thru the year, the school assigned a different driver, a rather stout fellow who looked to me like a former drill sergeant. Halfway thru the trip home from school one day he pulled the bus over, walked to the back of the bus where the worst offenders sat and spoke in a voice only they could hear. Then went back to his drivers seat and drove the rest of the way thru the route in silence.

The rest of the year not a word was said in the form of a taunt.

DaFace
06-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Try being the parent of a child with Aspergers who rides the bus home....it's not just the middle school kids (although they are in a class by themselves), it's also HS students.

When my son was a Senior my daughter was a Freshman....the unmerciful teasing and taunting that my son faced. Then when he just tuned them out, the kids decided it was time to pick on m daughter.

Halfway thru the year, the school assigned a different driver, a rather stout fellow who looked to me like a former drill sergeant. Halfway thru the trip home from school one day he pulled the bus over, walked to the back of the bus where the worst offenders sat and spoke in a voice only they could hear. Then went back to his drivers seat and drove the rest of the way thru the route in silence.

The rest of the year not a word was said in the form of a taunt.

Nice. In many cases, it seems like kids just need someone to step up and tell them it's not OK. Half the time, it's just group mentality out of control.

LVNHACK
06-21-2012, 11:05 AM

And what would you think if it was your mom ?.....I know that's what I thought of...

Garcia Bronco
06-21-2012, 11:19 AM
I never had problems doing the right thing amongst my classmates. Cause people knew I didn't give a fuck what they thought. Be a leader, not a follower.

Garcia Bronco
06-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Nice. In many cases, it seems like kids just need someone to step up and tell them it's not OK. Half the time, it's just group mentality out of control.

This.

Bane
06-21-2012, 11:21 AM
No home training.Lil bastards need a few good ass whippings. The end.

Mosbonian
06-21-2012, 11:22 AM

You know...I always wondered what he said, because you know he couldn't have threatened them. You can bet one of the kids would have told Mommy and Daddy and then there would be a lawsuit.

Johnny Vegas
06-21-2012, 11:23 AM
I know a marine that'll make a child a man in 7 days. He's says something along the lines of leaving them on a boat 6 miles off the coast of Portland and let them figure how to make it back. Said that's how the marines did him and his fellow comrads.

NewChief
06-21-2012, 11:25 AM

Yes. In my work I'm often saddened by the way that the kids treat their peers, their teachers, and their school. Fortunately, I'm just as often inspired by the courage, compassion, and commitment of other kids.

It nearly brought tears to my eyes on a daily basis to see the patience with which the students in my inclusion classes exhibit in working with one of our autistic kids.

Bwana
06-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Time to call in this guy.

http://now.msn.com/now/0620-dad-spanks-boyfriend

Damn LMAO

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Not that I've ever received sustained corporal punishment so I don't know "just how bad it can be", enough of a fear of it has been instilled that I can assume I'd never treat someone that way at that age.

Ass whoopings need to be dealt sometimes, and without fear of some namby-pamby candyass calling social services on you.

Mosbonian
06-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Yes. In my work I'm often saddened by the way that the kids treat their peers, their teachers, and their school. Fortunately, I'm just as often inspired by the courage, compassion, and commitment of other kids.

It nearly brought tears to my eyes on a daily basis to see the patience with which the students in my inclusion classes exhibit in working with one of our autistic kids.

I wish my kid would have had a teacher like you in all his classes. Unfortunately some teachers are just as poor as their students in how they handle "inclusion". My son had one lady teacher, Coach Bug they called her, that was the perfect mix of educator and teacher....she led by example in how she wanted my son treated.

There were many students that would go out of their way to be nice to my son. One girl in particular was taunted with the moniker "retard-lover" when she would walk with my son from one class to the other.

But honestly more than not, kids made fun of him, taunted him, took things from him.

Iowanian
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
I think punishment should involve being put in a chair and let 20 comedians and racists have a go at their appearances for a couple of hours.

Hate crime caught on tape.

DaFace
06-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I wish my kid would have had a teacher like you in all his classes. Unfortunately some teachers are just as poor as their students in how they handle "inclusion". My son had one lady teacher, Coach Bug they called her, that was the perfect mix of educator and teacher....she led by example in how she wanted my son treated.

There were many students that would go out of their way to be nice to my son. One girl in particular was taunted with the moniker "retard-lover" when she would walk with my son from one class to the other.

But honestly more than not, kids made fun of him, taunted him, took things from him.

Yup. My wife's a special ed teacher and is constantly battling with teachers who don't think "those kids" should be in their classrooms. It's obnoxious.

NewChief
06-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Yup. My wife's a special ed teacher and is constantly battling with teachers who don't think "those kids" should be in their classrooms. It's obnoxious.

One problem is all the testing. Most people who have any sense understand that your test scores are going to be lower than other classrooms if you're an inclusion class. That being said, my principal (who should know better since that's his freaking job) said to me in passing the other day, "Hey. Were you surprised by your test scores? What happened? Tough group of kids?" I said, "No. I teach inclusion. Remember?" He replied, "Oh, right. I forgot. Sorry."

While it's not a big deal, people who have no clue (the majority of the public) and just look at your median score and see it's lower than other people (who might have classes full of AP students), see you as an inferior teacher.

For that reason, many people don't want inclusion. It also is a pain in the ass, I'll admit. The amount of paperwork I have to do and the amount of conferences I have to attend because I'm willing where others aren't is over the top. The saying "no good deed goes unpunished" is applicable there. Since my own child has an IEP and will be in inclusion classes, I fight the fight, though.

ThaVirus
06-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Ass whoopings need to be dealt sometimes, and without fear of some namby-pamby candyass calling social services on you.

And that's the issue. You can't do that shit anymore. Violent crime is way down across the board since the 90s, but I still feel like there's some serious moral decay going on with our youth. The two are probably related.

NewChief
06-21-2012, 11:46 AM
And that's the issue. You can't do that shit anymore. Violent crime is way down across the board since the 90s, but I still feel like there's some serious moral decay going on with our youth. The two are probably related.

The book "The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains" has a bit on that. Says that MRIs have shown the type of thinking that is required for building compassion and empathy and for moral decision making is a "slow" process. The way that connectivity and multitasking affects our brains discourages that sort of thinking. I'm not Luddite or alarmist and tend to be of the detached, "we're just evolving" perspective.. but there's definitely SOMETHING happening to us as a species.

ThaVirus
06-21-2012, 11:47 AM
The law protects delinquent children too much. When my sister was around 13-16 she was a rebel wild-child. She'd sneak out all night long, skip school, smoke, drink, and I'm assuming have sex . I always remember her saying there was nothing my dad could do about it. Couldn't touch her in fear of being reported to social services, the best he could do was call the police when she went missing. They'd just come file a report... Fucking pansy ass laws.

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2012, 11:48 AM
The book "The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains" has a bit on that. Says that MRIs have shown the type of thinking that is required for building compassion and empathy and for moral decision making is a "slow" process. The way that connectivity and multitasking affects our brains discourages that sort of thinking. I'm not Luddite or alarmist and tend to be of the detached, "we're just evolving" perspective.. but there's definitely SOMETHING happening to us as a species.

You think this has more of an impact than a widespread culture of permissiveness? In this case, parents not keeping their kids in line through any means?

ThaVirus
06-21-2012, 11:49 AM

Yeah I'm not so sure its just the lack of physical discipline, it's probably technology as well. We're desensitized, detached, cold...

Bwana
06-21-2012, 11:56 AM
My dad is a substitute teacher and had a similar incident, (only not as harsh in the way of comments, and it was just 1 student). The kid was up in his face yelling, w/ his fists clenched and threatening to hit my dad. There wasn't much he could do, aside from sending the little asshole to the office.

When I was in 9th grade, there was a teachers strike. We ended up with a bunch of subs. I was in math class one day and this punk ass started giving the teacher a hard time, walked up to the front of class and told the guy he was going to kick his ass. The punk was a big kid, but all mouth. The teacher just looked at him and smiled, I remembering thinking, uh-oh.

The kid cracked the teacher in the jaw, which didn't even faze him. The punk had given the teacher a bunch of lip service as well, the day before.

The teacher grabbed the punk by his long hair and starts knocking his head on various desks, before tossing him against the black board, which resulted in it breaking, along with his nose. It was a 1st class beating. ROFL

Jr was bleeding like a stuck hog and crying like a jilted prom queen. The sub wasn't back the next day and I never saw the punk give anyone a hard time again.

-King-
06-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Fuck it though, I'm getting a group of friends to tease me today. I could use an extra $160,000.

InChiefsHell
06-21-2012, 12:10 PM
I couldn't even watch the video. I cannot stand cruelty like that, especially out of the mouths of kids. It just ruins my week.

The problem is, there is really no way to make the little bastards sorry for being the scum of the earth. They'll just land in jail someday and claim they were victims.

Lumpy
06-21-2012, 12:11 PM
When I was in 9th grade, there was a teachers strike. We ended up with a bunch of subs. I was in math class one day and this punk ass started giving the teacher a hard time, walked up to the front of class and told the guy he was going to kick his ass. The punk was a big kid, but all mouth. The teacher just looked at him and smiled, I remembering thinking, uh-oh.

The kid cracked the teacher in the jaw, which didn't even faze him. The punk had given the teacher a bunch of lip service as well, the day before.

The teacher grabbed the punk by his long hair and starts knocking his head on various desks, before tossing him against the black board, which resulted in it breaking, along with his nose. It was a 1st class beating. ROFL

Jr was bleeding like a stuck hog and crying like a jilted prom queen. The sub wasn't back the next day and I never saw the punk give anyone a hard time again.

:clap: Well done, teacher!

The problem is, like someone else mentioned, many parents are sue-crazy nowadays. Things have certainly changed over the years.

I remember my 6th grade Science teacher getting an ear full from a kid. Then my teacher asked the kid, "are you done yet?", the kid kept going. Next thing we knew, my teacher grabbed the kid by his collar and dragged him out into the hall. He then pushed the kid against the locker and told him about himself. That kid never got into our teacher's face again after that incident. In fact, he even started paying attention in class.

SNR
06-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Somebody needs to hand then infractions. They deserve bans

InChiefsHell
06-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I watched a show a few years ago about these boot camps they send punk ass kids to when their behavior gets out of control. They whipped the little shits in shape in like 4 weeks. All these little bastards need that kind of treatment.

Bwana
06-21-2012, 12:25 PM

The problem is, like someone else mentioned, many parents are sue-crazy nowadays. Things have certainly changed over the years.

I remember my 6th grade Science teacher getting an ear full from a kid. Then my teacher asked the kid, "are you done yet?", the kid kept going. Next thing we knew, my teacher grabbed the kid by his collar and dragged him out into the hall. He then pushed the kid against the locker and told him about himself. That kid never got into our teacher's face again after that incident. In fact, he even started paying attention in class.

When I was in high school, the dean of boys was a monster, I'm taking this dude was huge. He was an all American lineman. He was not one to put up with any crap. If he liked you, you were golden, but if you got on his bad side, watch out.

He had a particular dislike for hippy types that skipped school. I saw on several occasions, where he would call them in his office, they would get lippy and shit would hit the fan. His favorite move was the pimp hand AKA, the bitch slap. <O:p</O:p

vailpass
06-21-2012, 12:27 PM

Out. Fucking. Standing.

gblowfish
06-21-2012, 12:33 PM

My wife has been a teacher for almost 30 years. There's a culture of parents, especially parents that are chronically unemployed and live in government subsidized housing, that look at their local school district as nothing more than a potential source of additional income.

There are some families (lots of them single parent, mom only) that have, for example, had three kids (or more) in the system, and started lawsuits based on every individual kid. For example, one family I know of, one kid is BD and they sued because he didn't get enough special needs attention. Another kid has ADD and didn't get free meds. Another kid was grabbed by a teacher while misbehaving, and so they sued for "trauma and personal injury." It flat out sucks.

The school district won't flunk these kids, they just try to flush kids like that through the system as quickly and quietly as possible. They don't care if the kids learn anything, the parents don't care if the kids learn anything. And so, when the kid is 18 he's on the street -or still living at home with mom, (dad is usually long gone) - with no real education, no moral compass, no family values, and guess what? They usually become chronically unemployed parents living in government subsidy housing. And thus the circle continues.

No way I could be a teacher. Too frustrating.

KCUnited
06-21-2012, 12:36 PM
I rode the bus in junior high. The most ruthless person on the bus was the driver. No one ever gave her a hard time or even acted up for that matter because that mustache sporting, menopausal bitch would break you off.

I know there isn't a line of people waiting to be bus drivers, but I'm of the conclusion that junior to senior high bus drivers should:

A) Be from the hood
B) Have a mustache

gblowfish
06-21-2012, 12:37 PM
I rode the bus in junior high. The most ruthless person on the bus was the driver. No one ever gave her a hard time or even acted up for that matter because that mustache sporting, menopausal bitch would break you off.

I know there isn't a line of people waiting to be bus drivers, but I'm of the conclusion that junior to senior high bus drivers should:

A) Be from the hood
B) Have a mustache

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K84kOWCAUec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jAZ
06-21-2012, 12:38 PM
It's $160,000+ now.

Show this video to your kids when they are old enough. Teach them why and how to be a leader. It's not easy, but it needs to start with parents. This is a graphic lesson for other kids, IMO.

DA_T_84
06-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Yes. I think I honestly will make my kids(when i have them one day) watch this.

Great learning opportunity to teach them about good vs bad, and how evil it is to cause anyone else to hurt.

Toadkiller
262k now!

Cave Johnson
My wife has been a teacher for almost 30 years. There's a culture of parents, especially parents that are chronically unemployed and live in government subsidized housing, that look at their local school district as nothing more than a potential source of additional income.

There are some families (lots of them single parent, mom only) that have, for example, had three kids (or more) in the system, and started lawsuits based on every individual kid. For example, one family I know of, one kid is BD and they sued because he didn't get enough special needs attention. Another kid has ADD and didn't get free meds. Another kid was grabbed by a teacher while misbehaving, and so they sued for "trauma and personal injury." It flat out sucks.

The school district won't flunk these kids, they just try to flush kids like that through the system as quickly and quietly as possible. They don't care if the kids learn anything, the parents don't care if the kids learn anything. And so, when the kid is 18 he's on the street -or still living at home with mom, (dad is usually long gone) - with no real education, no moral compass, no family values, and guess what? They usually become chronically unemployed parents living in government subsidy housing. And thus the circle continues.

No way I could be a teacher. Too frustrating.

Counterpoint: Curtis did get slapped.

DA_T_84
06-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Counterpoint: Curtis did get slapped.

Curtis Bowen is a fat, black son of a bitch.

Lumpy
06-21-2012, 12:47 PM
When I was in high school, the dean of boys was a monster, I'm taking this dude was huge. He was an all American lineman. He was not one to put up with any crap. If he liked you, you were golden, but if you got on his bad side, watch out.

He had a particular dislike for hippy types that skipped school. I saw on several occasions, where he would call them in his office, they would get lippy and shit would hit the fan. His favorite move was the pimp hand AKA, the bitch slap. <O:p</O:p

Nice. LMAO

My teacher wasn't a burly man. However, he had a very intimidating voice. He was the coolest teacher, but if you disrespected him, he would unleash "the voice".

There was another kid in our class that fell asleep one time. My teacher strutted over to the kid's desk, w/ his finger pressed against his lips, and said, "everybody be quiet, we don't want to wake this poor little guy". We're all giggling, then, BAM, he slammed the kid's book against the desk and barked, "wake up, slacker!". The kid damn near pissed himself. LMAO

Discuss Thrower
06-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Nice. LMAO

My teacher wasn't a burly man. However, he had a very intimidating voice. He was the coolest teacher, but if you disrespected him, he would unleash "the voice".

There was another kid in our class that fell asleep one time. My teacher strutted over to the kid's desk, w/ his finger pressed against his lips, and said, "everybody be quiet, we don't want to wake this poor little guy". We're all giggling, then, BAM, he slammed the kid's book against the desk and barked, "wake up, slacker!". The kid damn near pissed himself. LMAO

Kid was clearly being discriminated against for his hard family lifestyle and obviously placed in a state of unnecessary stress. Not to mention being humiliated by his peers. /people who need a giant boot up their asses.

ThaVirus
06-21-2012, 12:54 PM
262k now!

Ok this is getting out of hand. She needs to go ahead and defer some of that green to a better cause.... Or perhaps my pocket!

sedated
06-21-2012, 12:57 PM

I fell asleep in biology class when we were watching a movie, woke up to a pile of drool on my desk when the bell rung. After class, my friend who sat next to me said that I was snoring so loud the whole class could hear over the movie, people were pointing/laughing/whispering about it, and the teacher had a nice chuckle but never woke me up.

He was a cool guy, one time had an entire class dedicated to ranking what physical features people found appealing in the opposite sex (eyes, boobs, hair, butt, etc), made a list on the chalkboard and had us vote on them, and he had to explain what a "happy trail" was.

KCUnited
06-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Several years ago when I was working in Midtown, one of the daily squaters made up a cardboard sign that said "Insult Me - $1". People would give him a dollar and go off on him, some pretty brutal stuff. Guy made out with about $13.

BigMeatballDave
06-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I didn't know Omaha was in middle school...

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Ok this is getting out of hand. She needs to go ahead and defer some of that green to a better cause.... Or perhaps my pocket!

I dunno, I get the feeling that she's poor as fuck; otherwise, she wouldn't be riding a bus with a bunch of 13 year old assholes for $10k a year. It's kind of nuts, but I think she could definitely use the money.

gblowfish
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Curtis Bowen is a fat, black son of a bitch.

I've never seen the 40 page demands letter from Curtis Bowen's mom before. Epic, man.

http://tinyurl.com/82zjo3k

Nickel D
06-21-2012, 01:26 PM
I'd like adequate responses to the following talking points:

1. Why didn't the granny go to the bus driver to bring it to his attention and issue some ultimatums or take names?

2. She's been a bus monitor for 3 years. What tasks does that entail? Didn't she do anything to relate to the students so they'd see her more as their own grandparent than as someone to pick on? It appears that all she did for 3 years was sit and ride the bus without engaging the students on their level. She just sat there and took their abuse without standing up for herself, so of course the students are going to pile it on since they suppose there won't be any rebuttal/punishment for their actions. Granny needs to grab some balls and show 'em who's in charge instead of just sittin' and sobbin'.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-21-2012, 01:28 PM
262k now!

:eek:

It might hit a mil

She needs to pay some high school linebacker $100 to beat the shit outta all those little fuckers

gblowfish
06-21-2012, 01:32 PM
I've never seen the 40 page demands letter from Curtis Bowen's mom before. Epic, man.

Even more hilarious, I think I may have done some project work for Curtis' mom (jazz CD) back in the 1990s. That's too funny, man.
http://tinyurl.com/d6vycbk

Lumpy
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Kid was clearly being discriminated against for his hard family lifestyle and obviously placed in a state of unnecessary stress. Not to mention being humiliated by his peers. /people who need a giant boot up their asses.

LMAO

The kid was a class-clown and the teachers, (including our science teacher), adored him. He did have a tough family life, but he used humor as an outlet, instead of bullying others.

Sadly, he died in a car wreck a few years later. :(

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2012, 01:37 PM
You think this has more of an impact than a widespread culture of permissiveness? In this case, parents not keeping their kids in line through any means?If I would have done anything like this (which I wouldn't have), my dad would have likely beat me to death.

DJ's left nut
06-21-2012, 01:38 PM
I fell asleep in biology class when we were watching a movie, woke up to a pile of drool on my desk when the bell rung. After class, my friend who sat next to me said that I was snoring so loud the whole class could hear over the movie, people were pointing/laughing/whispering about it, and the teacher had a nice chuckle but never woke me up.

He was a cool guy, one time had an entire class dedicated to ranking what physical features people found appealing in the opposite sex (eyes, boobs, hair, butt, etc), made a list on the chalkboard and had us vote on them, and he had to explain what a "happy trail" was.

That dude was probably banging a 16 yr old student.

I fell asleep all the time in high school and sometimes in college. In High School I had a 'hinged' desk and my teacher just slowly lifted the edge (to raise the table) and slammed it back down. My head bounced off it and I fell out of my chair. In fairness, it was pretty funny. Being from a family that encouraged accountability, I never even considered telling my folks about it - afterall...I fell asleep in class. My parents would've just been pissed at me. But if he did that to the wrong guy, I'm sure he'd get fired for it.

In college I fell asleep in a Bio 100 class before breakout in to lab groups. WTF did I care about Bio 100? I was bored to tears. So everyone breaks into groups and he says nothing. I wake up with about 10 minutes left in class, sitting in the center of class with nobody else around as they had gone to the edges to work on lab stuff. He was sitting in his desk just staring at me. He just motioned to the door and we went into the hall. When the door shut this kindly old gentlemen got the damn devil eyes, grabbed me by the arm and told me in the angriest whisper I've ever heard that if I ever diminished his class or embarrassed him like that again, he'd fail me regardless of my test scores.

Needless to say, I didn't.

DA_T_84
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM

If you go to the original thread, Clay put the entire thing in the OP.

It was truly a delight to take part in that thread as the hilarity unfolded.

Micjones
06-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Still haven't seen this yet, but everything I've read disgusts me.

If my son EVER talked to an adult like this...

Mike in SW-MO
06-21-2012, 01:52 PM
My 13 yo daughtee plays soccer goalie, basketball, throws shot, and was a candidate for black belt in karate before she dropped it. Anybody messes with her had better pack a lunch.

Guarantee either of my kids would have had her back.

vailpass
06-21-2012, 02:02 PM

1. Why didn't the granny go to the bus driver to bring it to his attention and issue some ultimatums or take names?

2. She's been a bus monitor for 3 years. What tasks does that entail? Didn't she do anything to relate to the students so they'd see her more as their own grandparent than as someone to pick on? It appears that all she did for 3 years was sit and ride the bus without engaging the students on their level. She just sat there and took their abuse without standing up for herself, so of course the students are going to pile it on since they suppose there won't be any rebuttal/punishment for their actions. Granny needs to grab some balls and show 'em who's in charge instead of just sittin' and sobbin'.

Fuck all of that, every last bit of it. There is 0 blame on her, 100% blame rests solely with those ill-bred, future wards of the state.

DA_T_84
06-21-2012, 02:03 PM
I wonder if she ever reported it?

If she did, and the district didn't do anything, she might have a lawsuit.

seclark
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
follow up:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/taunted-ny-bus-driver-doesn-t-want-bullies-charged/article_542376f6-fa8b-5759-9d2f-2af543cece4d.html

Home / News / Nation & World
Taunted NY bus driver doesn't want bullies charged
More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on facebook Share on facebook_like

Story
Discussion

Associated Press | Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:35 pm | (13) comments.

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

A New York school bus monitor who was verbally assaulted by four middle schoolers, an attack that generated international outrage and an outpouring of support for the woman when a video of the taunts went viral, has told police she does not want the boys to face criminal charges.

The monitor, 68-year-old Karen Klein, told police she is happy with the swift and strong community response against the verbal attack aboard a Greece Central School District bus, which was captured in a 10-minute video, authorities said Thursday.

Criminally charging the boys, all seventh-graders, would require their conduct to rise to the level of a crime, Greece Police Capt. Steve Chatterton said. So far, it has not been found to reach that level.

The YouTube video was viewed more than 1.5 million times by Thursday morning. An online crowd-funding site raised more than $225,000 by midday to help send Klein on vacation.

Klein said she hoped the boys' parents would view the video of the attack and talk to their children about being "a little more respectful." Parents of all four boys are cooperating fully and say their children will be punished, Chatterton said.

A student recorded the video. In it, Klein is seen trying her best to ignore a stream of profanity, insults and outright threats directed at her. At one point, she breaks down in tears.

Klein told NBC's "Today" show Thursday that it took "a lot of willpower" not to respond to Monday's jeers from the boys riding the bus.

"I'm not usually that calm. Just ask my kids," Klein, a grandmother of eight, said during the interview. "I'm sure they don't act that way at home, but you never know what they're going to do when they're out of the house."

Klein said she was "amazed" at the support she received.

"I've got these nice letters, emails, Facebook messages," she said. "It's like, wow, there's a whole world out there that I didn't know. It's really awesome."

The publicity over Klein's case _ an adult apparently being bullied by youths _ adds a twist to a recent surge in awareness that has brought the problem of bullying from the classroom to the stage and screen to the White House.

In September, after 14-year-old Jamey Rodemeyer, not far from Rochester, killed himself after complaining about being bullied about his sexuality, pop singer Lady Gaga decried the loss of another life to bullying. She tweeted to millions of followers that she would take her concerns to President Barack Obama.

This year, the White House held a conference on bullying prevention, estimating that it affects 13 million students, or about a third of those attending school. Obama said he hoped to "dispel the myth that bullying is just a harmless rite of passage or an inevitable part of growing up. It's not."

In April, the documentary film "Bully" examined the problem by following five kids over the course of a school year.

In Klein's case, she didn't report the bullying, but school officials notified police when they learned of it. The school may take disciplinary action. A school district bullying-and-violence-prevention response team is investigating.

The district in suburban Rochester is the ninth largest in the state. Other videos of the verbal assault have also been posted.

chasedude
06-21-2012, 02:06 PM
We don't beat our kids enough anymore. If I was caught being that disrespectful to my elder I would've gotten the belt.

chasedude
06-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Fuck all of that, every last bit of it. There is 0 blame on her, 100% blame rests solely with those ill-bred, future wards of the state.

Mother Fuckin' THIS!

Garcia Bronco
06-21-2012, 02:07 PM
The joke is on the kids.....if they get to be that old.

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
We don't beat our kids enough anymore. If I was caught being that disrespectful to my elder I would've gotten the belt.

Or the "go cut your own switch off the tree" thing. Bring back one that's too small, pops goes and gets the biggest one he can find.

InChiefsHell
06-21-2012, 02:09 PM
**** all of that, every last bit of it. There is 0 blame on her, 100% blame rests solely with those ill-bred, future wards of the state.

No shit. What a dumbass.

chasedude
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Or the "go cut your own switch off the tree" thing. Bring back one that's too small, pops goes and gets the biggest one he can find.

Cutting the switch took too much time. It was a quick whirp of the belt out of the loops and whap!

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM

This is bullshit. I was never so much as spanked, but I somehow learned the difference between right and wrong pretty well.

Corporal punishment is not the answer, even if punching these kids in the face would be therapeutic. It's possible to be a strong, assertive parent without getting physical.

chasedude
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
This is bullshit. I was never so much as spanked, but I somehow learned the difference between right and wrong pretty well.

Corporal punishment is not the answer, even if punching these kids in the face would be therapeutic. It's possible to be a strong, assertive parent without getting physical.

Not every kid is the same. I was a terror growing up, and earned most of my whippings. I never saw a fist though, that's going a little too far.

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 02:13 PM

I think it's fair to say that she probably shouldn't work with kids if she can't establish even a little bit of authority. She's still perfectly blameless in this incident, of course, and she in no way deserved that abuse. But she needs to get out of the education game because she clearly can't handle it.

Luckily, that's what the money is for.

Bump
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
that's really fucked up, I feel so bad for that poor old lady. Fucking pisses me off.

Thig Lyfe
Not every kid is the same. I was a terror growing up, and earned most of my whippings. I never saw a fist though, that's going a little too far.

I dunno. I think if you can establish authority in a non-physical manner from a very early age, you won't need to get physical later.

vailpass
I think it's fair to say that she probably shouldn't work with kids if she can't establish even a little bit of authority. She's still perfectly blameless in this incident, of course, and she in no way deserved that abuse. But she needs to get out of the education game because she clearly can't handle it.

Luckily, that's what the money is for.

If anyone needs to be removed from he educational system it is those children.

tomahawk kid
Cutting the switch took too much time. It was a quick whirp of the belt out of the loops and whap!

You can probably count on one hand the amount of times the old man actually had to give me the belt.

99.9% of the time, it didn't come to that - because I remembered the times it did.

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM
It sucks that these kids are obnoxious little dick bags, but i don't exactly feel sorry for this woman.

Her job is to keep these kids under control. She can't even speak up for herself, how the **** is she gonna speak up and stop kids from harassing and picking on each other?

After all, that's what she is employed to do, right?

She could start threatening with suspensions, bus rights revoked, inform the driver, etc.

She's an adult employed to stop these sorts of things from happening.

She doesn't deserve the pity, nor the 160K+

ZepSinger
06-21-2012, 02:17 PM

Dude, are you serious?? Point #1- I can't imagine the bus driver didn't hear the taunts- he was probably sitting less than 5 feet from her. He, like she, realizes that society today restricts the authority figure from doing anything to those kids for fear of a lawsuit or loss of job. Point #2- her tenure there, her tasks, her 'personal' relationship to these little monsters does not matter one bit. Whether she just sat there or not, she is an elder- someone's grandmother, for God's sake! There was zero respect for her. And again, 'granny', as you so respectfully call her, knows she's not allowed to 'grab some balls' without probably losing her job. I really can't believe you're faulting this woman at all. Blame the parents, blame the little bastards, blame society, but you can't lay any of this at her feet.

EDIT: I will add that perhaps because she can't/won't do anything in her defense, she probably should not be doing this. Sounds like now she won't have to. :-)

Z

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 02:18 PM
If anyone needs to be removed from he educational system it is those children.

Because the best way to teach a child is to stop educating him...?

vailpass
06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
It sucks that these kids are obnoxious little dick bags, but i don't exactly feel sorry for this woman.

Her job is to keep these kids under control. She can't even speak up for herself, how the **** is she gonna speak up and stop kids from harassing and picking on each other?

She could start threatening with suspensions, bus rights revoked, inform the driver, etc.

She doesn't deserve the pity, not the 160K+

We apparently have different views of how a school system operates.

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM

I think she deserves some pity, because even if she's kinda terrible at her job (which is to be an authority figure), she in no way deserves abuse.

But I tend to agree, overall. I don't think it's blaming the victim to acknowledge that her failure to establish authority means she fundamentally cannot perform the job she's paid to do, and therefore she shouldn't probably be there in the first place.

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
We apparently have different views of how a school system operates.

She didn't even report the incident to the school.

As an adult, she has to take charge of the situation. She failed to do that in any sort of way.

When i was in middle school, if you did something you weren't suppose to do on the bus, the Driver would report it and your rights to ride the bus would be revoked.

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 02:28 PM

As an adult, she has to take charge of the situation. She failed to do that in any sort of way.

When i was in middle school, if you did something you weren't suppose to do on the bus, the Driver would report it and your rights to ride the bus would be revoked.

Yeah, there are a lot of people who are claiming that if she tried to punish them in any way, she'd be sued, or that the parents or school wouldn't allow it, or whatever. I think that's a pretty big assumption. You're telling me that if she reported the abuse to the school, those kids wouldn't be called into the principal's office? That they wouldn't be suspended or at least given substantial detention time? You think that's definitely going to trigger a lawsuit?

Seriously, this idea that schools are somehow totally powerless to punish students when appropriate is totally overblown.

vailpass
06-21-2012, 02:29 PM

Oh, I see what you mean now.
Yes, agree with you on that.

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Dude, are you serious?? Point #1- I can't imagine the bus driver didn't hear the taunts- he was probably sitting less than 5 feet from her. He, like she, realizes that society today restricts the authority figure from doing anything to those kids for fear of a lawsuit or loss of job. Point #2- her tenure there, her tasks, her 'personal' relationship to these little monsters does not matter one bit. Whether she just sat there or not, she is an elder- someone's grandmother, for God's sake! There was zero respect for her. And again, 'granny', as you so respectfully call her, knows she's not allowed to 'grab some balls' without probably losing her job. I really can't believe you're faulting this woman at all. Blame the parents, blame the little bastards, blame society, but you can't lay any of this at her feet.

Z

BS.

1. School buses are loud and full of chatty children. You can't possibly hear everything that's going on, nor be aware of it. That's the whole reason that woman is there! To monitor what the driver can't.

2. Her relationship with these kids DOES in fact matter. When i a kid doesn't respect you and your authority, this is what happens. Clearly, by her very weak demeanor, she garnered no respect. I'm not excusing these kids for being dipshits, but as an adult, you have to control the situation and these kids need to either fear you or like you, otherwise you'll get walked all over.

The simple fact that she didn't even report this incident to the school is proof of how little she enforced anything.

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of people who are claiming that if she tried to punish them in any way, she'd be sued, or that the parents or school wouldn't allow it, or whatever. I think that's a pretty big assumption. You're telling me that if she reported the abuse to the school, those kids wouldn't be called into the principal's office? That they wouldn't be suspended or at least given substantial detention time? You think that's definitely going to trigger a lawsuit?

Seriously, this idea that schools are somehow totally powerless to punish students when appropriate is totally overblown.

Exactly.

She could've easily reported it and the kids would've been suspended and/or not allowed to ride the bus anymore.

Bwana
06-21-2012, 02:37 PM
She's been a bus monitor for 3 years. What tasks does that entail? Didn't she do anything to relate to the students so they'd see her more as their own grandparent than as someone to pick on? It appears that all she did for 3 years was sit and ride the bus without engaging the students on their level. She just sat there and took their abuse without standing up for herself, so of course the students are going to pile it on since they suppose there won't be any rebuttal/punishment for their actions. Granny needs to grab some balls and show 'em who's in charge instead of just sittin' and sobbin'.

:spock: :shake:

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 02:43 PM
:spock: :shake:

Why is everyone mocking Nickle for this post?

He's spot on. As a T/A, i was paid to take classes on topics like this.

You have to get respect from these kids. How you get that respect is up to you. Whether you're the good cop or bad cop, you have to establish that you are not to be fucked with.

CLEARLY that was never established here.

And if she didn't report THIS incident, then god knows what else she didn't report.

And once these little shitheads figure out that they can walk all over you, they will.

LOCOChief
06-21-2012, 02:45 PM

Holy crap.

Bump
06-21-2012, 03:13 PM
this shit never would have happened wtih my bitch ass bus driver. She was my neighbor too and I fought with her son, so that probably didn't help this bus riding situation.

One thing you learn quick is DONT TOUCH THE ****ING WINDOWS

OMG OMG OMG OMG

it's hot on the bus but hell no, don't open the window, OH HELL TO THE NO

chasedude
06-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Why is everyone mocking Nickle for this post?

He's spot on. As a T/A, i was paid to take classes on topics like this.

You have to get respect from these kids. How you get that respect is up to you. Whether you're the good cop or bad cop, you have to establish that you are not to be fucked with.

CLEARLY that was never established here.

And if she didn't report THIS incident, then god knows what else she didn't report.

And once these little shitheads figure out that they can walk all over you, they will.

Did anyone take into account that the bus service may not have a program or class to help her with situations like these?

You can assume anything, until you have the exact facts you're talking out your ass.

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Did anyone take into account that the bus service may not have a program or class to help her with situations like these?

You can assume anything, until you have the exact facts you're talking out your ass.

You trying to tell me that the school doesn't have a disciplinary plan in place?

ROFL

No one is talking out of their ass here at all.

This is merely common sense.

The Bad Guy
06-21-2012, 03:33 PM
**** all of that, every last bit of it. There is 0 blame on her, 100% blame rests solely with those ill-bred, future wards of the state.

No fucking kidding.

Only a true fucking dick would put any potential blame on her for any of it.

How can anyone watch that video and think otherwise?

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 03:38 PM
No ****ing kidding.

Only a true ****ing dick would put any potential blame on her for any of it.

How can anyone watch that video and think otherwise?

Emotional reaction aside, you honestly think that couldn't have been prevented?

The simple fact that she told no one about an incident this extreme speaks volumes about how she handles these kids.

Setsuna
06-21-2012, 03:49 PM

:clap: FUCKING THIS!

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2012, 03:54 PM
No ****ing kidding.

Only a true ****ing dick would put any potential blame on her for any of it.

How can anyone watch that video and think otherwise?I certainly don't blame her for what happened and hope the punks' fathers drive home some justice. In retrospect, though, I'm not sure what service she is providing the district.

chasedude
06-21-2012, 03:55 PM
You trying to tell me that the school doesn't have a disciplinary plan in place?

ROFL

No one is talking out of their ass here at all.

This is merely common sense.

Not every district runs their own buses. Around here they're handled by a private company. We can all assume there's some training involved with how to handle kids in situations like this, but everyone outside looking in can have their own opinion on how it should be handled. Unless you're there in that moment, everything else doesn't matter.

Chiefaholic
06-21-2012, 03:59 PM

ROFL

Why do you find that funny? :rolleyes:

KC Tattoo
06-21-2012, 04:19 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162/Malevolence_album/spanking.jpg

Our principal had one of these and wasn't afraid to use it. It didn't matter how old you were, had a couple class mates at age 16 find that out. He would call the parents and they gave his consent. In this case I think it would be justifiable.

KCUnited
06-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Why do you find that funny? :rolleyes:

The "WTFness" of the rape comment from a kid made me chuckle, like he picked it up from his old man who's watched Cassel drop back one too many times.

Look, if my kid did something like this he'd be giving a doorstep apology with my Nike Cortez in his ass, but christ it's not like her kid fell into a wood chipper or something.

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Not every district runs their own buses. Around here they're handled by a private company. We can all assume there's some training involved with how to handle kids in situations like this, but everyone outside looking in can have their own opinion on how it should be handled. Unless you're there in that moment, everything else doesn't matter.

Training or not, her job is to try and keep peace on the bus. The fact that she didn't report this issue tells me that there are likely far more issues that occurred on the bus prior to this incident that were never reported.

When you let kids get away with something they'll keep pushing...

and pushing.....

and pushing....

and pushing.....

until you draw the line.

Had these kids not been stupid enough to film this, how much further would it have gone?

Her ineptitude is just as much at fault as these dumbass kids.

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 04:25 PM
The "WTFness" of the rape comment from a kid made me chuckle, like he picked it up from his old man who's watched Cassel drop back one too many times.

Look, if my kid did something like this he'd be giving a doorstep apology with my Nike Cortez in his ass, but christ it's not like her kid fell into a wood chipper or something.

Haha Nike Cortez wtf

jspchief
06-21-2012, 04:26 PM
BTW, that lady has been volunteering for the district for the last 20 years. Her position as bus monitor is just her most recent placement.

vailpass
06-21-2012, 04:27 PM

The simple fact that she told no one about an incident this extreme speaks volumes about how she handles these kids.

You place too much responsibility on the institution and not near enough on the students. An accurate, and sad, reflection of many school districts today I'm afraid.

jspchief
06-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Had these kids not been stupid enough to film this...Actually, the student that filmed it was not involved, and was a friend of the lady.

vailpass
06-21-2012, 04:29 PM

Heh.... fair enough.

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 04:35 PM
You place too much responsibility on the institution and not near enough on the students. An accurate, and sad, reflection of many school districts today I'm afraid.

I am not dismissing the actions of the students. Obviously the kids shouldn't have done what they did.

But if you let these kids continue to push and push, then they're gonna do and say whatever the **** they want.

While they (kids) should be held accountable, the entire nation shouldn't be throwing her a pity party either.

mlyonsd
06-21-2012, 04:44 PM
If my kid was caught on tape doing that he'd be plowing 5 acres of brohm grass with a hoe. Every day until it was done.

vailpass
06-21-2012, 04:47 PM
I am not dismissing the actions of the students. Obviously the kids shouldn't have done what they did.

But if you let these kids continue to push and push, then they're gonna do and say whatever the **** they want.

While they (kids) should be held accountable, the entire nation shouldn't be throwing her a pity party either.

The entire nation IS throwing a "pity party" though. The reason is that those children are old enough to know how to show respect without having it beaten out of them, and they miserably failed to do so.
Whoever said there is no such thing as a bad kid never saw this video.

stevieray
06-21-2012, 04:58 PM
If my kid was caught on tape doing that he'd be plowing 5 acres of brohm grass with a hoe. Every day until it was done.
....wiithout a doubt

as jspchief pointed out...recent placement.

that said, regardless if your dipshit parents didn't raise you in a proper manner, and these asshole kids obviously didn't possess enough PLAIN common sense and PLAIN common courtesy to realize you DO NOT treat an elderly woman in this fashion, there is still no damn excuse...this women doesn't have to earn a a single thing from these kids, she's already earned it.

...keep making excuses for the poor wittle children whose fragile self esteem can't handle punishment or discipline by kissing their ass and giving them "power" over the accountability of their actions.

nothing short of pathetic. this is our future? great.

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 05:01 PM
The entire nation IS throwing a "pity party" though. The reason is that those children are old enough to know how to show respect without having it beaten out of them, and they miserably failed to do so.
Whoever said there is no such thing as a bad kid never saw this video.

Yeah. It's sad that it has to come to this. But it is reality.

LVNHACK
06-21-2012, 05:04 PM
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2663944.shtml?cat=566

karma......It's a bitch....

I made a donation to the old gal.....Reminded me of my mom.....

Detoxing
06-21-2012, 05:07 PM

haha

You knew it was bound to happen.

demonhero
06-21-2012, 05:09 PM
To the parents of these kids..... get out the fuck'in belt.

Bump
06-21-2012, 05:14 PM
To the parents of these kids..... get out the ****'in belt.

lol and risk going to prison? ROFL

vailpass
06-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah. It's sad that it has to come to this. But it is reality.

Agreed on both points.

NewChief
06-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Lord of the Flies.

RedDread
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
$357,400

Bwana
06-21-2012, 05:20 PM

What it "speaks volumes about" is how the kids were raised, in all likelihood.

Bwana
06-21-2012, 05:25 PM

karma......It's a bitch....

I made a donation to the old gal.....Reminded me of my mom.....

Payback is a bitch......

It sounds like the public is going to teach the little drags on society, what mommy and daddy refused to.

"Police say the four boys involved in the incident are receiving death threats along with their families and says it must stop. Captain Chatterton says one teen’s cell phone had more than 1,000 missed phone calls and 1,000 text messages. Now police continually monitor the teens’ homes to make sure they are safe."

vailpass
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
$357,400

NFW. Really?

Bwana
06-21-2012, 05:41 PM
NFW. Really?

You know what, sometime things just work out. The punks are likely in a corner in the fetal position, crying for momma, wondering if the boogie man is coming for them.

On the other hand granny is now on easy street, done with bus rides with rank little FT's, and planning a vacation to Belize. :thumb: I just love happy endings.

Nickel D
06-21-2012, 05:48 PM

Granny: "Hi...I'm volunteering to be a bus monitor."

Bus Manager: "Good. Go pick out a bus and ride it. That's all you got to do."

Yeah, right. Like that happened.

She's a bus MONITOR: That means she's there to monitor the students. She's not there to monitor the bus or the driver.

Like I said, there's another adult on that bus that she could have called on to help put an end to the situation. Also, like I said, she didn't stand up for herself and at least try to curtail their comments.

Whether she had job training or not, her only excuse for her behavior is extremely low self-esteem because she refused to stick up for herself, in which case, she shouldn't even be in that position in the first place.

vailpass
06-21-2012, 05:50 PM
You know what, sometime things just work out. The punks are likely in a corner in the fetal position, crying for momma, wondering if the boogie man is coming for them.

On the other hand granny is now on easy street, done with bus rides with rank little FT's, and planning a vacation to Belize. :thumb: I just love happy endings.

X2

Bwana
06-21-2012, 05:54 PM
her only excuse for her behavior is extremely low self-esteem because she refused to stick up for herself, in which case, she shouldn't even be in that position in the first place.

That's easier said the done when dealing with a mob mentality, particularly for an old lady. At least one of the little angles, was threatening to stab her as well. Fear will do strange things to people.

listopencil
06-21-2012, 05:55 PM
The law protects delinquent children too much. When my sister was around 13-16 she was a rebel wild-child. She'd sneak out all night long, skip school, smoke, drink, and I'm assuming have sex . I always remember her saying there was nothing my dad could do about it. Couldn't touch her in fear of being reported to social services, the best he could do was call the police when she went missing. They'd just come file a report... ****ing pansy ass laws.

Huh, really? There is just an incredible amount of ways at your disposal to discipline your own children. You just have to start well before they are 13 years old.

listopencil
06-21-2012, 05:56 PM
$357,400

Holy shit.

chiefzilla1501
06-21-2012, 06:09 PM
I hate to say this, because I'm still young.

But JFC, am I the only one who never saw anything even remotely close to this kind of shit when we were in school? What the fuck is happening?

Fairplay
06-21-2012, 06:17 PM
It was so sad watching that video. I would guess she felt trapped, couldn't walk away from the situation and had to endure the verbal punishment.

Showing emotion just fueled the fire, adding even more insults way beyond the "just kidding" stage.

The situation turned into a gang mentality with other kids joining in.

I am glad she is getting money for it. Maybe her video going viral will help prevent this in the future. None of us would want this as a claim to fame in life if we were honest with ourselves.

Mosbonian
06-21-2012, 06:19 PM
A bit mystified why anyone would try to lay any of the blame on the lady. I haven't seen one rational explanation as to why she should shoulder any blame.

Sure-Oz
06-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Couldn't finish that...disturbing. That said, shes rich bitch. If that was my mother or grandparent i'd definetly lose it. Kids now days are mouthy fucks. Shitty parents

Sure-Oz
06-21-2012, 06:28 PM
That said, did the bus driver not have a fucking clue?

When i was a kid in the 80's and 90's our busdrivers were asshole when they needed to be

Rain Man
06-21-2012, 06:32 PM
A bit mystified why anyone would try to lay any of the blame on the lady. I haven't seen one rational explanation as to why she should shoulder any blame.

I don't need to watch the video, so maybe I'm ignorant in what I'm about to say.

It would seem like the woman wouldn't bear any blame, but at the same time, isn't she on the bus specifically to stop behavior like this? She's getting paid to be a "bus monitor", so my assumption is that her job is to keep the kids from getting out of control. What would she have done if they were doing the same thing to another kid?

Thig Lyfe
06-21-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't need to watch the video, so maybe I'm ignorant in what I'm about to say.

It would seem like the woman wouldn't bear any blame, but at the same time, isn't she on the bus specifically to stop behavior like this? She's getting paid to be a "bus monitor", so my assumption is that her job is to keep the kids from getting out of control. What would she have done if they were doing the same thing to another kid?

HOW DARE YOU!!!!

mlyonsd
06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
What would she have done if they were doing the same thing to another kid?Knowing about the same about it as you we don't know that she didn't or wouldn't.

Ace Gunner
06-21-2012, 06:43 PM

She's a monitor, she's supposed to report kids behavior, that is all. That is why she's a she and is elderly. Why would you want her to do anything to these kids? That is not her job nor is it the school's job. That is a job for the police.

Rain Man
06-21-2012, 06:46 PM
She's a monitor, she's supposed to report kids behavior, that is all. That is why she's a she and is elderly. Why would you want her to do anything to these kids? That is not her job nor is it the school's job. That is a job for the police.

Oh. I know nothing about the job. I just assumed that a bus monitor would be there to keep order.

So if two kids are screaming obscenities at a third kid, her job is just to write their names down and not stop it? Or if there's a fight is she not supposed to break it up? I would assume that her job is to actively control the bus. Am I wrong?

CHENZ A!
06-21-2012, 06:51 PM
I am not watching that shit. Just the still picture of that poor lady seriously makes me sad thinking about people picking on her like that.

I feel like all of the kids involved should be put on probation or something.Maybe give them like 10,000 hrs of community service or something.

Easy 6
06-21-2012, 06:52 PM

Still dont think its her fault, they really got her with the suicide quip due to her son imo... but she was certainly not cut out for the job.

Many older women could light into those kids so fiercely with their authority the little turds would be speechless, just daring them to get smart, or worse, about it.

chasedude
06-21-2012, 06:53 PM

She's a bus MONITOR: That means she's there to monitor the students. She's not there to monitor the bus or the driver.

Like I said, there's another adult on that bus that she could have called on to help put an end to the situation. Also, like I said, she didn't stand up for herself and at least try to curtail their comments.

Whether she had job training or not, her only excuse for her behavior is extremely low self-esteem because she refused to stick up for herself, in which case, she shouldn't even be in that position in the first place.

Wow, were is your respect for your elders? She's an elderly woman trying to address a mob mentality of pubescent middle schoolers. If she said anything further it would have fanned the flames on those little fuckers.

Are you putting some blame on the woman then? If so, then you're quite the dick. This is almost like a woman claiming she was raped but in the end the guy gets off because she was ASKING FOR IT!

-King-
350k for being teased and a free vacation for 9 to California from Disney?(IIRC). Damn!

Ace Gunner
Oh. I know nothing about the job. I just assumed that a bus monitor would be there to keep order.

So if two kids are screaming obscenities at a third kid, her job is just to write their names down and not stop it? Or if there's a fight is she not supposed to break it up? I would assume that her job is to actively control the bus. Am I wrong?

She is there as the bus driver's "eyes in the back of head". Bottom line here, if shit goes down in the bus, the driver is the one responsible. They kept going here because it was the best method of deescalation, imo. This isn't going to be the last we hear of this;

At least $275K raised for bullied NY bus monitor

A video of a 68-year-old school bus monitor mercilessly taunted by middle school students became an international online rallying point against bullies Thursday, with a fund for the New York grandmother raising at least $275,000 and a deluge of people demanding harsh punishment for the boys.

The swell of support for Karen Klein follows a recent surge in awareness of bullying in the U.S. that has brought the issue from the classroom to the stage and screen to the White House.

Police said Klein does not want her young tormenters to face criminal charges, partly because of the storm of criticism leveled at the boys from the Rochester suburb of Greece after the video went viral.

"They've received death threats," Greece Police Capt. Steve Chatterton said Thursday. "Their families have been threatened. We have custody of one of their cellphones, and he had over 1,000 missed calls and 1,000 text messages threatening him. And he's 13 years old. That must stop."

The verbal abuse was captured in a 10-minute cellphone video recorded Monday by a student of Athena Middle School in suburban Rochester and later posted to YouTube. The video shows Klein trying her best to ignore the stream of profanity, insults and outright threats directed at her. One student taunted: "You don't have a family because they all killed themselves because they don't want to be near you."

Klein's oldest son killed himself 10 years ago.

Eventually, she appears to break down in tears.

"You want to jump into that bus and you want to grab those kids and say 'Knock it off!' And you want to hold her," said Amy Weber, a 43-year-old independent filmmaker from the Detroit area who pledged $100 Thursday through the international crowd-funding site Indiegogo.com.

"I think we hear about bullying every day and we become a little desensitized to it. This puts it in our face" said Weber, who is making a feature film about a bully.

Klein told NBC's "Today" show Thursday that it took "a lot of willpower" not to respond to the jeers from the four boys riding the bus operated by the Greece Central School District. Klein said she was "amazed" at the support she received.

"I've got these nice letters, emails, Facebook messages," she said. "It's like, wow, there's a whole world out there that I didn't know. It's really awesome."

She said she hopes the parents will talk to their children about being "a little more respectful."

Klein did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press seeking comment.

The video logged more than 2 million views by Thursday afternoon, breaking hearts and raising passions of people who recalled bullying incidents in their own pasts. The fundraiser set up on Indiegogo.com shattered its goal of raising $5,000 to send the grandmother of eight on a "vacation of a lifetime." More than 12,000 people donated, many in denominations of $20 or less.

Police in the suburb of Greece had to step up patrols near the houses of the four boys and said they had received several threatening hoax calls from people. The boys had not yet apologized to Klein as of Thursday afternoon, though police said they regretted their acts and their parents are cooperating.

The district apologized to Klein and will pursue disciplinary actions against all four students.

In September, after 14-year-old Jamey Rodemeyer of suburban Buffalo killed himself after complaining about being bullied about his sexuality, pop singer Lady Gaga decried the loss of another life to bullying, tweeting to millions of followers that she'd take her concerns to President Barack Obama.

This year, the White House held a conference on bullying prevention, estimating that it affects 13 million students, or about a third of those attending school. Obama said he hoped to "dispel the myth that bullying is just a harmless rite of passage or an inevitable part of growing up."

In April, the documentary film "Bully" examined the problem by following five kids over the course of a school year.

http://www.necn.com/06/21/12/Bullied-NY-bus-monitor-hopes-parents-see/landing_nation.html?&apID=07b994b22f0e4c99b453fb5626c2aeac

BillSelfsTrophycase
06-21-2012, 07:02 PM
The belt is too merciful for these little fuckers

Rain Man
06-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Still dont think its her fault, they really got her with the suicide quip due to her son imo... but she was certainly not cut out for the job.

Many older women could light into those kids so fiercely with their authority the little turds would be speechless, just daring them to get smart, or worse, about it.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering about.

Obviously the kids were terrible and needed to be punished, but I still have a hunch that her job wasn't to sit there quietly and ride the bus everyday. I suspect that bus monitors are supposed to be the biggest kid in the cell block who show up, beat up the toughest kid in the back seat, and instill order. I suspect the school district needed bodies and hired this woman assuming that any adult presence would be sufficient to accomplish their goals, and it wasn't.

Again, I haven't been on a school bus since about 1978 so I could be wrong about the job description. In my day, the buses were ruled by the biggest kid in the back seat and we didn't have adult monitors.

Rain Man
06-21-2012, 07:09 PM
She is there as the bus driver's "eyes in the back of head". Bottom line here, if shit goes down in the bus, the driver is the one responsible. They kept going here because it was the best method of deescalation, imo. This isn't going to be the last we hear of this;

So the bus driver is officially the captain? That seems odd to me, but if that's true, then so be it.

This woman is getting a lot of cash for living exactly the same life I did in 7th and 8th grades. I'm glad to see that one of us is profiting off of it. She should go around the world and send pictures to those kids of herself wearing leis and sarongs and drinking umbrella drinks and making obscene gestures.

ZepSinger
06-21-2012, 07:42 PM
$357,400

OK, I'm definitely on the woman's side, but with this amount of $$$ coming in and probably much more, I think a wonderful thing for her to do would be to contribute some of the funds to bullying awareness (or maybe to install video cameras w. audio in all of the school district's buses). She'd be well compensated for this humiliation as well as being able to retire, plus giving some of the money back so that punks responsible for this type of outrageous behavior would always be held accountable. Just a thought.

Z

wazu
06-21-2012, 07:51 PM
OK, I'm definitely on the woman's side, but with this amount of $$$ coming in and probably much more, I think a wonderful thing for her to do would be to contribute some of the funds to bullying awareness (or maybe to install video cameras w. audio in all of the school district's buses). She'd be well compensated for this humiliation as well as being able to retire, plus giving some of the money back so that punks responsible for this type of outrageous behavior would always be held accountable. Just a thought.

Z

Agreed. Make a nice $5 donation so she can say that an undisclosed portion was donated to an anti-bullying charity.

Marco Polo
06-21-2012, 07:51 PM

:spock:

La literatura
06-21-2012, 07:52 PM

This is really stupid. You're faulting her for not fighting back to a pack of thuggish middle school children? She's probably a volunteer or min. wage worker whose only job is to make sure that some kids on bath salts aren't eating the faces of other kids.

Marco Polo
06-21-2012, 07:53 PM
350k for being teased and a free vacation for 9 to California from Disney?(IIRC). Damn!

:spock:

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm wondering about.

Obviously the kids were terrible and needed to be punished, but I still have a hunch that her job wasn't to sit there quietly and ride the bus everyday. I suspect that bus monitors are supposed to be the biggest kid in the cell block who show up, beat up the toughest kid in the back seat, and instill order. I suspect the school district needed bodies and hired this woman assuming that any adult presence would be sufficient to accomplish their goals, and it wasn't.

Again, I haven't been on a school bus since about 1978 so I could be wrong about the job description. In my day, the buses were ruled by the biggest kid in the back seat and we didn't have adult monitors.Careful, chase dude is going to get upset.

Brock
06-21-2012, 07:59 PM
This is really stupid. You're faulting her for not fighting back to a pack of thuggish middle school children? She's probably a volunteer or min. wage worker whose only job is to make sure that some kids on bath salts aren't eating the faces of other kids.

Have you ever been around a bunch of middle school students? They're capable of unbelievable cruelty, and you have to curbstomp them right out of the gate. It's not a job for the faint of heart, sorry.

Ace Gunner
06-21-2012, 08:00 PM
So the bus driver is officially the captain? That seems odd to me, but if that's true, then so be it.

This woman is getting a lot of cash for living exactly the same life I did in 7th and 8th grades. I'm glad to see that one of us is profiting off of it. She should go around the world and send pictures to those kids of herself wearing leis and sarongs and drinking umbrella drinks and making obscene gestures.

It has always been the driver in charge. He was the only one on the bus besides us kids back in the day. If shit got outta hand and the bus stopped, somebody was gonna get a an ass kicking right there in the bus, right now.

But that was when "things weren't right" so said the yuppie generation, and all this bullshit started from them.

chasedude
06-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Careful, chase dude is going to get upset.

It's chasedude, one word. Get it right or you'll upset me ROFL

La literatura
06-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Have you ever been around a bunch of middle school students? They're capable of unbelievable cruelty, and you have to curbstomp them right out of the gate. It's not a job for the faint of heart, sorry.

Yeah, and there's no way that fighting fire with fire is a wise move with middle school boys after school hours.

ZepSinger
06-21-2012, 08:07 PM
....wiithout a doubt

as jspchief pointed out...recent placement.

that said, regardless if your dipshit parents didn't raise you in a proper manner, and these asshole kids obviously didn't possess enough PLAIN common sense and PLAIN common courtesy to realize you DO NOT treat an elderly woman in this fashion, there is still no damn excuse...this women doesn't have to earn a a single thing from these kids, she's already earned it.

This is my point exactly. When you boil it down, it really isn't about the job and whether she was fulfilling it or not. The bigger issue is the sheer lack of respect for one's elders... this is a 68-year old grandmother, for God's sake!! This goes far beyond simple disrespect- this was a viciousness that was intended to verbally hurt and humiliate her as much as possible. I just can't imagine being so utterly devoid of compassion for another human being.

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2012, 08:13 PM
It's chasedude, one word. Get it right or you'll upset me ROFLI wrote it as one. Autocorrect does not care for your username.

Chocolate Hog
06-21-2012, 08:22 PM
I worked at a school aftercare and had some kids like this. Theres nothing you can do because society is a bunch of pussies.

Brock
06-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Yeah, and there's no way that fighting fire with fire is a wise move with middle school boys after school hours.

An exertion of authority isn't fighting fire with fire. You're out of your element, Donnie.

ZepSinger
06-21-2012, 08:53 PM
An exertion of authority isn't fighting fire with fire. You're out of your element, Donnie.

Here's my opinion on this. Let's just suppose she does finally reach the point where she stands up and gets on their case. Do we really think that the mob mentality of these little monsters is then going to compel them to sit down, hold their tongues, and submit to her authority? My opinion is that they would do the opposite- they'd take it to the next level and either dare her to do something or start shoving her around. Unless she's a big (as in tall) woman, these boys are probably her size or bigger. I don't think the ensuing situation would end well at all.

In reality, the district probably needs to only use men who could physically and mentally intimidate them so that they'd never reach the taunting stage to begin with. Just my 2 cents.

Toadkiller
06-21-2012, 09:00 PM
407k! Holy shit. That is a lot of taxes to pay on that income.

Brock
06-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Here's my opinion on this. Let's just suppose she does finally reach the point where she stands up and gets on their case. Do we really think that the mob mentality of these little monsters is then going to compel them to sit down, hold their tongues, and submit to her authority? My opinion is that they would do the opposite- they'd take it to the next level and either dare her to do something or start shoving her around. Unless she's a big (as in tall) woman, these boys are probably her size or bigger. I don't think the ensuing situation would end well at all.

In reality, the district probably needs to only use men who could physically and mentally intimidate them so that they'd never reach the taunting stage to begin with. Just my 2 cents.

It isn't a job for an old woman.

Lumpy
06-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Okay, I watched the video. She was obviously in shock and froze-up, not knowing how to respond to these little doucheboogers. Is it possible that, before the filming began, she could have disciplined some of the students for bad behavior, (told them to calm down, be quiet, etc.)?

Think about it. What provoked these little spawns of Satan to say what they did to her? We don't know this part of the story. We shouldn't assume that she wasn't doing her job. She could have been doing just that and these brats retaliated against her.

ThaVirus
06-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Huh, really? There is just an incredible amount of ways at your disposal to discipline your own children. You just have to start well before they are 13 years old.

There's no blueprint for how to raise children. Some kids are just going to be bad.

They're capable of unbelievable cruelty, and you have to curbstomp them right out of the gate. It's not a job for the faint of heart, sorry.

LMAO I experienced much joy from the thought of these little, mouthy twats being curbstomped by a horde of grannies.

KcMizzou
06-21-2012, 09:21 PM
There's no blueprint for how to raise children. Some kids are just going to be bad.

I think that's true... to a point. Some kids are gonna be harder to raise when they hit their teenage years than others. (parties, alcohol, etc.) But being a decent human being starts early. I've got a teenage son who's a huge pain in my ass, but I can honestly say he'd never, ever be a part of something like that.

ThaVirus
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
I think that's true... to a point. Some kids are gonna be harder to raise when they hit their teenage years than others. (parties, alcohol, etc.) But being a decent human being starts early. I've got a teenage son who's a huge pain in my ass, but I can honestly say he'd never, ever be a part of something like that.

Definitely. I think it's nature AND nurture with a slight lean toward nature.

Like I said, me and my sister grew up in the same situation in our childhood. Both of my parents will tell you my sister was always hard-headed. From the time we were toddlers, when they told me to pick up my toys it was done immediately while they had to hound my sister to do it. Depending on personality traits, some are more likely to venture down the wrong path while others are more manageable.

Sucky
06-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Can't watch the video cause it'll piss me off too much but I'm glad things are working out for her.

MOhillbilly
06-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Our bus driver was a evil motherfucker.

Tombstone RJ
06-21-2012, 09:40 PM

LMAO I experienced much joy from the thought of these little, mouthy twats being curbstomped by a horde of grannies.

There is a blue print on how to raise children, it's called the Bible, you should read it sometime, might learn something.

Tombstone RJ
06-21-2012, 09:41 PM
The parents of these moron kids are to blame. All these kids need a serious lesson in humility.

J Diddy
06-21-2012, 09:44 PM
The parents of these moron kids are to blame. All these kids need a serious lesson in humility.

By a serious lesson in humility do you mean their father taking them out behind the woodshed and beating the nasty out of them? If so I agree.

Fucking punks.

MOhillbilly
06-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Fuck her. Fat old bitch.

ThaVirus
06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
There is a blue print on how to raise children, it's called the Bible, you should read it sometime, might learn something.

You've got to be kidding. From my experience, children that grow up in a repressed household like one I'm sure you're alluding too tend to be some of the worst ones.

Pitt Gorilla
06-21-2012, 10:05 PM
It isn't a job for an old woman.Agreed. I'm guessing that might be part of the reason she didn't report the incident.

Rain Man
06-21-2012, 10:05 PM

My parents used to spank me with the family bible because it was the thickest book they could find.

J Diddy
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
You've got to be kidding. From my experience, children that grow up in a repressed household like one I'm sure you're alluding too tend to be some of the worst ones.

Exactly. I used to party my ass off with Catholic school girls, but eventually I realized I couldn't keep up.

Years of repression=a bomb waiting to explode.

J Diddy
06-21-2012, 10:09 PM
**** her. Fat old bitch.

LMAO, too funny because I got a suspicion that if it was your child on that bus you'd have beat the living hell out of him.

Demonpenz
06-21-2012, 10:10 PM
"greatest generation" my ass.

listopencil
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Sure, I'm just saying that by Jr High School it's too late to start disciplining your children. I have four kids. In all four cases I received positive feedback on a regular basis about how well they behaved away from home. They might pitch a fit at home or a family gathering where the situation is more relaxed, but they were absolutely instilled with an understanding of how to conduct themselves in public or around strangers. And they showed respect to their elders, and they understood how to interact with authority figures.

listopencil
06-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Can't watch the video cause it'll piss me off too much but I'm glad things are working out for her.

Same here.

J Diddy
06-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Sure, I'm just saying that by Jr High School it's too late to start disciplining your children. I have four kids. In all four cases I received positive feedback on a regular basis about how well they behaved away from home. They might pitch a fit at home or a family gathering where the situation is more relaxed, but they were absolutely instilled with an understanding of how to conduct themselves in public or around strangers. And they showed respect to their elders, and they understood how to interact with authority figures.

The real question is how many parents on that bus have the same view? The problem we face is the "not my kid" scenario. I took my child, sat him down, made him watch that, and waited to get his reaction. Of course he was appalled, as I'm sure many of them on that bus would be if they saw it from an environment they were removed from. Then we talked about what should have been done and what the consequences of that would be to him personally. Obviously, sitting on the side line it is easy to criticize but I am sorely disappointed that not one child on that bus said anything to stop it.

The old saying is true: All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. All I can say is that I hope if confronted with that situation, I would hope my child would be screaming to leave that lady alone.

listopencil
06-21-2012, 10:24 PM
The real question is how many parents on that bus have the same view? The problem we face is the "not my kid" scenario. I took my child, sat him down, made him watch that, and waited to get his reaction. Of course he was appalled, as I'm sure many of them on that bus would be if they saw it from an environment they were removed from. Then we talked about what should have been done and what the consequences of that would be to him personally. Obviously, sitting on the side line it is easy to criticize but I am sorely disappointed that not one child on that bus said anything to stop it.

The old saying is true: All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. All I can say is that I hope if confronted with that situation, I would hope my child would be screaming to leave that lady alone.

Yep, without a doubt in my mind. I'm proud to say that my kids have stood up in situations where it is appropriate.

listopencil
06-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Also, that's probably a good for a lot of kids. Sitting down with them and watching this video. I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to make my kids watch it and I'm not going to watch it. I don't want to be that angry and I don't want to make my children that upset. They know that there is suffering in the world and they work to alleviate it.

ThaVirus
06-21-2012, 10:36 PM

I'm aware of that. You just have to instill good values in your child and hope that they stick through adulthood.

The issue I have is when children hit puberty, start mingling with the wrong crowd and become delinquents. Some good kids have seriously fucked up their lives that way and the system we have now makes it damn near impossible for parents to discipline their children effectively.

listopencil
06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm aware of that. You just have to instill good values in your child and hope that they stick through adulthood.

The issue I have is when children hit puberty, start mingling with the wrong crowd and become delinquents. Some good kids have seriously ****ed up their lives that way and the system we have now makes it damn near impossible for parents to discipline their children effectively.

True. As a parent you have to be aware of how rough of a time that is in your kid's life and do whatever you need to do to keep that bond strong, so you can help them through it.

Brock
06-21-2012, 10:50 PM

ROFL

Chocolate Hog
06-22-2012, 01:25 AM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1245658_o.gif

Saulbadguy
06-22-2012, 06:13 AM
Fuck her. Fat old bitch.

GOOD DAY, SIR!

rad
06-22-2012, 06:41 AM
They're from New York. I have a feeling they could survive in the bad part of town. You drive those ****ers out to a farm where there is no cell service and no bathrooms....and they're ****ed.

That feeling you have is just gas. There are tons of farms in NY, especially dairy and apple orchards. Grapes are a big thing too, especially out toward Rochester. NY is second or third in wine export too.

LOCOChief
06-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Those kids remind me of what I think a few members cp are /were like.

DMAC
06-22-2012, 07:21 AM
$467,000

That is sofa king insane.

BigCatDaddy
06-22-2012, 07:31 AM
$467,000

That is sofa king insane.

Does Uncle Sam get a nice chunk of that change?

CanadianChief
06-22-2012, 07:33 AM
Those kids need a serious ass whooping.

In fact...smack around the kids, give the belt to the parents and even give the grandparents a good paddling. Oh yeah...kick the family cat for good measure too.

LVNHACK
06-22-2012, 07:51 AM

They sure do...

Bwana
06-22-2012, 08:09 AM

I would guess around 40-44% with is good, because they need to go piss it away, on things like $700 shitter lids.

qabbaan
06-22-2012, 08:14 AM
This is pretty dumb. Those kids need an ass whipping from their fathers for this, but why should this woman get rich for being fat?

Thig Lyfe
06-22-2012, 08:17 AM

Ahahahahahahaha

PunkinDrublic
06-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Pretty telling about the obesity epidemic among todays youth. They're in middle school and already making diabetes jokes which means they are intimately familiar with being overweight.

blaise
06-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Training or not, her job is to try and keep peace on the bus. The fact that she didn't report this issue tells me that there are likely far more issues that occurred on the bus prior to this incident that were never reported.

When you let kids get away with something they'll keep pushing...

and pushing.....

and pushing....

and pushing.....

until you draw the line.

Had these kids not been stupid enough to film this, how much further would it have gone?

Her ineptitude is just as much at fault as these dumbass kids.

I doubt she's told to be a cop on the bus. I'm sure she's basically just there as a set of eyes.

blaise
06-22-2012, 08:28 AM
I lived in Greece, NY for a few years. I can totally picture it happening there.

DMAC
06-22-2012, 08:31 AM
I lived in Greece, NY for a few years. I can totally picture it happening there.

Me too, since I saw a video of it happening there.

boogblaster
06-22-2012, 09:10 AM
we were mean littl kids on the bus .. but just too each other .....

alnorth
06-22-2012, 09:21 AM
This is pretty dumb. Those kids need an ass whipping from their fathers for this, but why should this woman get rich for being fat?

Its just the weird, fickle nature of the internet's borg-like hive-mind.

You could get 10 more stories next week about bullied bus monitors and they won't receive anything. Some people hate the term, but this one just went viral. You had an old woman trying to make a few bucks keeping an eye on these little monsters get bullied in a way that we've never really seen before, the reddit community springs to action, their little flurry of support caught the attention of New York media, and it blew up from there. ~260K in the US caught the world's attention, and now we've got a 2nd round of this "I want to help this poor old lady" fever around the world.

I don't think this is going to break a million. Sheer momentum might carry it further up, but eventually you get to a point where someone who might be willing to toss her 10 bucks for a vacation pauses and thinks "ok, she's taken care of, movin' on"

DMAC
06-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Its just the weird, fickle nature of the internet's borg-like hive-mind.

You could get 10 more stories next week about bullied bus monitors and they won't receive anything. Some people hate the term, but this one just went viral. You had an old woman trying to make a few bucks keeping an eye on these little monsters get bullied in a way that we've never really seen before, the reddit community springs to action, their little flurry of support caught the attention of New York media, and it blew up from there. ~260K in the US caught the world's attention, and now we've got a 2nd round of this "I want to help this poor old lady" fever around the world.

I don't think this is going to break a million. Sheer momentum might carry it further up, but eventually you get to a point where someone who might be willing to toss her 10 bucks for a vacation pauses and thinks "ok, she's taken care of, movin' on"

QFMFT

Saulbadguy
06-22-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but i'm really hankerin' to see yet another "THESE KIDS NEED THEIR ASSES KICKED OMG!1111" post.

Dayze
06-22-2012, 10:44 AM
This would've never happened if Matt Cassel was there. (gratuitous Cassel reference)

vailpass
06-22-2012, 10:55 AM
**** her. Fat old bitch.

LMAO

vailpass
06-22-2012, 10:55 AM
"greatest generation" my ass.

LMAO

Detoxing
06-22-2012, 11:06 AM
I doubt she's told to be a cop on the bus. I'm sure she's basically just there as a set of eyes.

Here's the issue i have with it: SHE TOLD NO ONE.

That paints a picture here.

Her job is to monitor the kids. To assist the Bus Driver, who can't keep these kids under control himself.

The simple fact that she told no one about this incident after it occured speaks volumes about what she let these little shit heads get away with.

She could've told the driver. She didn't.

She could've told the Principal. She Didn't.

So.....If she allows these kids to get away with THAT kind of behavior, what else do you think she's allowed these kids to get away with?

Obviously a lot. Because they have no respect for her or her authority.

And when you allow kids to run amok, they will continue to do so. She was in a position of authority, and nothing would lead me to believe that she ever exerted that authority.

So when these little shitheads figure out that they can do and say whatever they please with nothing but emptey threats from this woman, what do you think is going to happen?

They're gonna push the boundaries like all kids do.

Kids test their parents in the same fashion. This isn't much different than that.

I had to deal with Juvenile High School kids. I had to be swift and firm. I also had to know and understand them. It was part of my job. I graded the papers and disciplined the students while the teacher taught. It was my job.

I had their respect because i was fair with them, but they knew where the line was. And when they crossed the line, i had no qualms about kicking them the **** out of class and calling their parents to come pick them up.

Now maybe this woman doesn't have the power to kick them off the bus. But the school does, and she didn't tell them about it.

Detoxing
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Now, please answer me this:

Had this video not been recorded, what do you guys think would've happened the following day?

How do you think this woman would've handled these kids tormenting another student?

"But, But Detoxing, she's an old woman, she shouldn't have to step up to these kids"

.....then she shouldn't be doing that job. That simple. She is probably a sweet old grandma who loves kids and has a big heart.

That's no job for a woman like that. She should be handling elementary kids, not preteens.

Mosbonian
06-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Now, please answer me this:

Had this video not been recorded, what do you guys think would've happened the following day?

How do you think this woman would've handled these kids tormenting another student?

"But, But Detoxing, she's an old woman, she shouldn't have to step up to these kids"

.....then she shouldn't be doing that job. That simple. She is probably a sweet old grandma who loves kids and has a big heart.

That's no job for a woman like that. She should be handling elementary kids, not preteens.

Have you ridden the school bus lately? In some places one bus handles elementary, middle school and high school.....

And honestly your take thus far seems to read like you were one of the kids who taunted people on the school bus and thought it was ok.