PDA

View Full Version : Obama What desperate re-election POLITICAL DARTS will Obama toss next hoping they....

Chiefshrink
06-23-2012, 01:36 PM
STICK ? Thought it would be interesting and fun to get everyone's take on Obama's next moves.

I have 3 re-election darts I think he will attempt to throw next.

1. School loans will be forgiven.

2. Mortgage loans will be forgiven.

3. If Obamacare is 'totally' struck down(all of it) Obama immediately turns his guns on Romneycare in Mass and attempts to sue trying to put Romney on the hot seat.

redsurfer11
06-24-2012, 10:20 AM
He will start or back another WAR.

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 11:07 AM
He will start or back another WAR.

I wouldn't put it past him. I mean look at all these "security leaks" he is allowing to come forward to deflect from the economy.

Good one:thumb:

Are you thinking Iran?

Munson
06-24-2012, 01:43 PM
1) student loans forgiven

2) medical bills forgiven

3) push for a pure Obama version of the Dream Act

4) Stimulus II

5) raise minimum wage

I see the first three as the most likely to happen. Numbers 4 and 5 are just wild guesses.

Naturally, the House won't go for any of these things. So he'll try to pass them into law via executive order, blaming the Republicans and a "do nothing" Congress.

qabbaan
06-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Make a list of all voter groups. There will be a campaign of a giveaway or something to target each of them.

For young people you will probably see him advocate marijuana legalization. Much like the gay marriage thing, it'll never happen and has not actual force in the real world, but as a cynical voter ploy toward college students it will work.

We already saw the attempt to buy Hispanics.

For whites, I think you are going to see a serious and very dirty campaign to trash Mormonism. Obama has little traction with whites and evangelicals, most of whom are white. They will try to depress white and evangelical turnout by making them think Romney is a kook following a kooky religion. Admittedly Mormonism is kooky but Romney is probably about as religious in his personal life as any other politician - not very. And I don't think there are too many people who care do long as he agrees with their social stances. But there will be no shortage of stories like "Will Chrisitans vote for a Mormon? They hate Mormons!" sort of writing a story hoping to make the story come true with infinite repetitions.

They will need giveaways to boost one-issue or identity voters, most of whole lean left. They will need a very negative campaign otherwise to attempt to depress white middle class turnout, where they are weak.

donkhater
06-24-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't think Obama wants to touch Romney's faith. Puts his time with Rev. Wright back in the spotlight IMO.

qabbaan
06-24-2012, 01:59 PM
He won't be doing it himself, but it will e campaign strategy for surrogates, PACs, and the media will too.

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 02:05 PM
1) student loans forgiven

2) medical bills forgiven

3) push for a pure Obama version of the Dream Act

4) Stimulus II

5) raise minimum wage

I see the first three as the most likely to happen. Numbers 4 and 5 are just wild guesses.

Naturally, the House won't go for any of these things. So he'll try to pass them into law via executive order, blaming the Republicans and a "do nothing" Congress.

They aren't wild guesses brother ! You are right on the mark !!

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Make a list of all voter groups. There will be a campaign of a giveaway or something to target each of them.

For young people you will probably see him advocate marijuana legalization. Much like the gay marriage thing, it'll never happen and has not actual force in the real world, but as a cynical voter ploy toward college students it will work.

We already saw the attempt to buy Hispanics.

For whites, I think you are going to see a serious and very dirty campaign to trash Mormonism. Obama has little traction with whites and evangelicals, most of whom are white. They will try to depress white and evangelical turnout by making them think Romney is a kook following a kooky religion. Admittedly Mormonism is kooky but Romney is probably about as religious in his personal life as any other politician - not very. And I don't think there are too many people who care do long as he agrees with their social stances. But there will be no shortage of stories like "Will Chrisitans vote for a Mormon? They hate Mormons!" sort of writing a story hoping to make the story come true with infinite repetitions.

They will need giveaways to boost one-issue or identity voters, most of whole lean left. They will need a very negative campaign otherwise to attempt to depress white middle class turnout, where they are weak.

You workin for Ed Gillespie?

Excellent analysis !:thumb:

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't think Obama wants to touch Romney's faith. Puts his time with Rev. Wright back in the spotlight IMO.

Ohhhhhh but he does !!!!:thumb: It's okay to go there man !! Your instincts are right:thumb:

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 02:10 PM
He won't be doing it himself, but it will e campaign strategy for surrogates, PACs, and the media will too.

Precisely:thumb: