PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obama White Support Is Too Low to Win

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Obama's White Support Is Too Low to Win
By David Paul Kuhn - June 22, 2012
Real Clear Politics

President Obama does not currently have enough white support to win re-election even if he retains his minority base from 2008. At the same time, electoral data indicates Mitt Romney has not yet attracted enough of these white voters to capitalize on Obama's weakness.

Pundits often note that Romney cannot win with his current level of Hispanic support. That's likely true. But so is the converse: Obama cannot win with his level of white support unless white swing voters withhold their votes from Romney as well.

Today, fewer whites back Obama than any Democratic candidate since Walter Mondale. Romney does not need to emulate Ronald Reagan to win. Should he match Reaganís share of the white vote in 1984 -- presuming all else remains constant since 2008 -- Romney would rout Obama.

Of course, America has changed since Reagan. Non-Hispanic whites were 89 percent of the electorate when Reagan first won the White House in 1980. They were 85 percent in 1988. By 2008, whites were 74 percent. That shift has upended the electoral landscape. But only so much.

Take Michael Dukakisí fate as an example. In 1988, George H.W. Bushís margin of victory exceeded Obamaís in 2008. But if Obamaís level of white support in 2012 equals Dukakisí, and all else remains the same from 2008, Obama would likely narrowly win. He would lack a mandate and risk immediate lame-duck status. But he would survive with white support that once sundered Democrats.

Unless . . .

What if Obama doesn't even match Dukakis with whites? Thatís the dynamic of 2012. This electorate has a white floor. And it has broken for this president. Democrats cannot depend on demographics to save them.

Should Romney win the whites Obama lost, Romney will only need to perform as well as John McCain with minorities to win. This is true even under Democratsí most optimistic, and unlikely, demographic scenario: that the white share of the electorate decreases another two percentage points from 2008, blacks turn out at the same historic levels they did then, and the Hispanic share of the vote rises from 9 to 11 percent of the electorate while Obama retains the same level of support from other minority groups.

The white margin to watch: 61-39. Thatís the rough break-even point. Obama likely needs more than 39 percent of whites to assure re-election. Romney likely needs at least 61 percent of whites to assure Obamaís defeat (or 60.5 in some scenerios). These are estimates based on an electorate that matches the diversity of 2008 or is slightly less white. It presumes the Electoral College outcome does not diverge from the winner of the popular vote (loose talk aside, itís only happened four times in U.S. history).

Thus, Obama can do a little worse than Dukakis, and Romney must perform a little better than Bush circa 1988. Whites favored Reagan in 1984 by a 64-35 margin. They favored Bush in 1988 by a 59-40 margin. Four years ago, whites favored McCain by a 55-43 margin.

Only 37 or 38 percent of whites back Obama today, according to the Gallup Pollís authoritative weekly averages since early April (which have a larger sample size than most polls combined). The rub for Romney? In those same matchups, Romney only wins 54 percent of whites. Other surveys show the same. CNNís latest pegged the white margin at 53-39. FOX Newsí latest, 51-35. Ipsos-Reuters, 53-38. The Pew Research Center's polls have, however, shown Obama stronger this year. Its recent survey placed the margin at 54-41.

Writ large, Obama appears below his floor with whites. But so does Romney. Obama has too few whites saying yea to a second term. And Romney has converted too few nays to his side. Notably, the same share of whites say they will vote for Obama as approve of his job performance.

These whites constitute, by far, the largest share of the swing vote. The president depends on Hispanics to partly compensate for his weakness with whites. Thatís possible in some states like Florida, Colorado and Nevada. But Latinos are less than a 10th of the electorate in every other swing state.

donkhater
06-24-2012, 01:53 PM
It going to be close election. The number of people who voted for Obama and won't this time is pretty substantial. Whether or not they"ll vote for Romney or stay home will decide the election.

I know of no one (and can't imagine anyone) who didnt vote for Obama four years ago who will this time around.

qabbaan
06-24-2012, 01:58 PM
I know of no one (and can't imagine anyone) who didnt vote for Obama four years ago who will this time around.

I think that is a good point. There are plenty of disillusioned liberals, but can anybody name someone Obama has converted with his performance?

They will have to severely depress white turnout in order to win reelection. They can't create that many minority voters out of thin air.

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 02:03 PM
It going to be close election.

I respectfully disagree. This election won't even be close. 6-10 pt difference in favor of our country "We The People" and not necessarily for Romney. The American people are that pissed and that afraid of losing their country and especially "The Independents" who you should never lie to which I agree with you on that point.:thumb:

FD
06-24-2012, 02:05 PM

Well, there is a whole new crop of college students ready to cast their first votes. If they actually turnout, of course. So he's got that going for him.

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Well, there is a whole new crop of college students ready to cast their first votes. If they actually turnout, of course. So he's got that going for him.

Maybe their parents and peers who are a little older might have some influence this time in order to stem the tide:shrug:

BWillie
06-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I find it odd that white people are racists if they vote for Romney or voted for McCain when about half of white people voted for Obama...and then about 99% of blacks voted for Obama. Just odd to me, if anything, the black voters aren't the racists.

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 06:47 PM
I find it odd that white people are racists if they vote for Romney or voted for McCain when about half of white people voted for Obama...and then about 99% of blacks voted for Obama. Just odd to me, if anything, the black voters aren't the racists.

It's the Alinsky way. BTW I think you meant 'are' instead of 'aren't':thumb:

Aries Walker
06-24-2012, 07:20 PM
I think it's way too early to predict with any certainty who is going to win. Donkhater is right; it's going to be close either way, but there are still more than four months before Election Day. There's still time for each side to dig up one or even two whole new scandals, and a lot more campaigning to do, ads to run, interviews to bungle, and money to be spent.

Ask me after the Conventions. It'll be more clear then.

fan4ever
06-24-2012, 08:02 PM

Minorities can't be racists; it's liberally impossible because white people haven't walked in their shoes and any racism they embrace is valid and shouldn't be questioned or even pointed out.

By the way, shame on you cracker.

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Minorities can't be racists; it's liberally impossible

:LOL: No sh** !!

ThatRaceCardGuy
06-24-2012, 08:58 PM

:rolleyes: This again ? I guess the historical factor of voting in a black president had nothing to do with it, I mean , its not like this was the first time in American history an African American had a good chance at being president, but hey, lets ignore that fact and continue race baiting......

...or the fact the majority of African Americans vote democratic ?

qabbaan
06-24-2012, 09:33 PM
:rolleyes: This again ? I guess the historical factor of voting in a black president had nothing to do with it, I mean , its not like this was the first time in American history an African American had a good chance at being president, but hey, lets ignore that fact and continue race baiting......

...or the fact the majority of African Americans vote democratic ?

Or maybe a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon "to be part of history" and had no idea who they were electing. Jimmy Carter 2

HonestChieffan
06-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Will it be historical when the first black president gets his ass beat in November?

Munson
06-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Will it be historical when the first black president gets his ass beat in November?

I sure hope so. :thumb:

BWillie
06-24-2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah meant "are" obviously. If white ppl only voted for white politicians I would suspect they would be called racist. But they don't. Even if it was a black Republican vs a white Democrat tons of white Republicans would still vote for the black Guy. If it wasnt for the scandals that came out Herman Cain might have been a legitimate GOP option

RINGLEADER
06-24-2012, 10:57 PM
I think it's way too early to predict with any certainty who is going to win. Donkhater is right; it's going to be close either way, but there are still more than four months before Election Day. There's still time for each side to dig up one or even two whole new scandals, and a lot more campaigning to do, ads to run, interviews to bungle, and money to be spent.

Ask me after the Conventions. It'll be more clear then.

I think you'll see more ads run in this election cycle than any other...and I doubt they'll move the needle at all. This is the kind of election that could come down to a specific event or debate flub and that's just a scary way to pick presidents...

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 11:54 PM

Or get his ass impeached by Nov:thumb: But they will drag F&F out I'm sure.

Chiefshrink
06-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Or maybe a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon "to be part of history" and had no idea who they were electing. Jimmy Carter 2

with a Marxist twist:thumb:

durtyrute
06-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Obama will win because they want him to win. Mark it down, bitches

cosmo20002
06-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Obama will win because they want him to win. Mark it down, bitches

They = voters?

Excellent point.

Aries Walker
06-25-2012, 02:06 PM
So I found this map interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/ecalculator#?battleground

According to this, if all of the "Probably Romney" states (including my current state of Indiana and Missouri) go to Romney, and all of the "Probably Obama" states go to Obama, Obama will be leading 247-206. They have seven toss-up states - Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio, Virginia, and Florida. If Obama wins Florida (29 electoral votes), he wins.

So assuming this is accurate - which I think it is - Romney has to keep all of his states, and win Florida, and either Ohio or Virginia, and one or two of the smaller ones. Or, he can flip one or more of the Probably-Obama's. Either option seems tough.

I wouldn't be surprised if Romney won the popular vote but lost the electoral one.

durtyrute
06-25-2012, 02:59 PM
They = voters?

Excellent point.

No, they= the same people that are keeping his ass in there even though he wasn't born in the U.S. and the same people that wanted Bush to win when the whole recount shit happened. Ya know, the same people that wanted Clinton gone when "the most powerful person in the U.S" was accused of getting a blowie and was crucified for it even though he has all of that power. JFK got blowies too, shit if you have all of that power it would be difficult to not,

cosmo20002
06-25-2012, 03:16 PM
So I found this map interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/ecalculator#?battleground

According to this, if all of the "Probably Romney" states (including my current state of Indiana and Missouri) go to Romney, and all of the "Probably Obama" states go to Obama, Obama will be leading 247-206. They have seven toss-up states - Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio, Virginia, and Florida. If Obama wins Florida (29 electoral votes), he wins.

So assuming this is accurate - which I think it is - Romney has to keep all of his states, and win Florida, and either Ohio or Virginia, and one or two of the smaller ones. Or, he can flip one or more of the Probably-Obama's. Either option seems tough.

I wouldn't be surprised if Romney won the popular vote but lost the electoral one.

Yes, despite all the nationwide polls that show a pretty tight race at the moment, the electoral map, which of course is the one that counts, looks pretty good for Obama.

cosmo20002
06-25-2012, 03:18 PM
No, they= the same people that are keeping his ass in there even though he wasn't born in the U.S. and the same people that wanted Bush to win when the whole recount shit happened. Ya know, the same people that wanted Clinton gone when "the most powerful person in the U.S" was accused of getting a blowie and was crucified for it even though he has all of that power. JFK got blowies too, shit if you have all of that power it would be difficult to not,

But who are those people? It would seem that the people who keep Obama's "ass in there" and the people who wanted Bush to win might be different people.

Brainiac
06-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Yes, despite all the nationwide polls that show a pretty tight race at the moment, the electoral map, which of course is the one that counts, looks pretty good for Obama.
A lot can happen between now and November.

durtyrute
06-25-2012, 03:58 PM
But who are those people? It would seem that the people who keep Obama's "ass in there" and the people who wanted Bush to win might be different people.

Just because we may look at them as different because of the whole Rep/Dem thing, doesn't mean that their puppet masters are.

It is an imaginary line.

Radar Chief
06-25-2012, 04:22 PM
But who are those people?

The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. /Staurt Mackenzie

Setsuna
06-26-2012, 10:17 AM

I'm in the 1% that didn't vote for Obama..what does that make me? A demigod?

Brock
06-26-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm in the 1% that didn't vote for Obama..what does that make me? A demigod?

A Tom.

stonedstooge
06-26-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm in the 1% that didn't vote for Obama..what does that make me? A demigod? RACIST

Setsuna
06-26-2012, 10:33 AM
A Tom.
ROFL Never gets old.

RACIST
Thatguy would agree with you. Though practically 60% of his posts are calling out me and white people for risque comments about race. It's quite pathetic.

Brock
06-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Quit Tomming for the Man.

Detoxing
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
This place it going to have a meltdown if Obama gets re-elected. ROFL

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 10:50 AM
This place it going to have a meltdown if Obama gets re-elected. ROFL

I think they are secretly rooting for Obama. They don't really like Romney anyway, but will feel it necessary to defend him. They know Obama isn't as bad as they pretend, and if he wins they get to play victim, spin wild conspiracy theories, and bitch for four more years.

CoMoChief
06-26-2012, 01:56 PM
I think they are secretly rooting for Obama. They don't really like Romney anyway, but will feel it necessary to defend him. They know Obama isn't as bad as they pretend, and if he wins they get to play victim, spin wild conspiracy theories, and bitch for four more years.

What sort of delusional universe do you live in?

Honest question....what good has Obama done while in office?

vailpass
06-26-2012, 02:18 PM

Can't wait to see the obama apologists answer this one...if they do.

Munson
06-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Can't wait to see the obama apologists answer this one...if they do.

He saved the UAW and their pensions! Oh wait....I mean.....he saved GM! ROFL

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 02:48 PM
He saved the UAW and their pensions! Oh wait....I mean.....he saved GM! ROFL

Yeah, we would be much better off without GM, those jobs, and all the jobs that rely on GM.

Calcountry
06-26-2012, 03:26 PM
I think that is a good point. There are plenty of disillusioned liberals, but can anybody name someone Obama has converted with his performance?

They will have to severely depress white turnout in order to win reelection. They can't create that many minority voters out of thin air.ROFL

Why do you think Holder is suing Florida to stop them from eliminating thousands of illegal votes from the registrar?

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
ROFL

Why do you think Holder is suing Florida to stop them from eliminating thousands of illegal votes from the registrar?

Because the list was outdated and included many legal voters?

Calcountry
06-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Because the list was outdated and included many legal voters?Shhhh, you mean undocumented voters.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Shhhh, you mean undocumented voters.

No, I meant legal. Legal voters, US citizens, who would not have been able to vote.

Otter
06-26-2012, 04:18 PM
No, I meant legal. Legal voters, US citizens, who would not have been able to vote.

Who are these legal US residents that can't provide a form of ID and where do they live and how did they attain a residence without a form of identification? How do they receive income? Where are these people from?

I call bullshit.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Who are these legal US residents that can't provide a form of ID and where do they live and how did they attain a residence without a form of identification? How do they receive income? Where are these people from?

I call bullshit.

I think you are mixing issues. There are people, regular good 'ol folks who are citizens, who have landed on these lists, and they get purged from the voter rolls. The current purge they are trying to do in Florida is also happening too close to the election--the primary is in July I think--and the law is that such a purge has to take place at least 3 months in advance so there is time to notify people and let them correct it if there was a mistake.

El Jefe
06-26-2012, 04:30 PM

CHEA BOY!!!! I'm on that bandwagon!! Im in the #Anyone but Barry campaign.

mikey23545
06-26-2012, 04:33 PM
I think you are mixing issues. There are people, regular good 'ol folks who are citizens, who have landed on these lists, and they get purged from the voter rolls. The current purge they are trying to do in Florida is also happening too close to the election--the primary is in July I think--and the law is that such a purge has to take place at least 3 months in advance so there is time to notify people and let them correct it if there was a mistake.

It takes about thirty fucking seconds to correct the problem.

And the only reason it was not done and finished a long time ago was the Obama administration's standing in the way.

durtyrute
06-26-2012, 04:56 PM

Have you ever noticed that questions like this never get answered?

vailpass
06-26-2012, 04:57 PM

Racist.

Otter
06-26-2012, 05:04 PM

What lists are you speaking? There's a list of people who can't vote for lack of ID? I'm all ears.

It's a thinly veiled attempt by bum **** barry and his far left agenda. I honestly don't know any functioning person in society that cannot produce a picture ID. At least be semi-honest here because next time it's not 'your guy' this same deviant, twisted behavior will be allowed to pass next time around when it's not your turn to benefit from the outcome.

This is utter bullshit. barry is a disgrace. He led his whole campaign on transparency and accountability of government then once he held office decided he was above the same rules he promised to imply. The guy is a scumbag. Get past the black or democratic strings you're clinging to, he's just a bad person and a blatant lying sack of shit as most politicians but diffusion of responsibility is powerful and dangerous.

History will back me up on this statement.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 05:42 PM
It takes about thirty ****ing seconds to correct the problem.

And the only reason it was not done and finished a long time ago was the Obama administration's standing in the way.

The legal challenge was based on the law that requires it be done 3 at least months in advance. I guess they could have chosen to follow the law.

Aries Walker
06-26-2012, 05:43 PM

I call bullshit.
Well, we'll start with the homeless; they don't have a place to live or an income, and yet they're still allowed to vote. Also, teenagers, very old people in nursing homes, and those with mental or physical issues who are living off of disability or someone else. Also, people who simply don't want a government ID, for whatever reason; they're allowed to refuse to get one, if they can function without it.

The problem with requiring an ID, as I see it, is that it's setting a requirement beyond citizenship that you must fulfill in order to vote. That's the similarity between it and poll tax, which required that you had money in order to vote, and it makes it a much stickier issue.

It really would have been much simpler if the founding fathers had put "Every man has the right to vote" in the Constitution. It's one of the few blind spots they missed.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 05:47 PM
What lists are you speaking? There's a list of people who can't vote for lack of ID? I'm all ears.

It's a thinly veiled attempt by bum **** barry and his far left agenda. I honestly don't know any functioning person in society that cannot produce a picture ID. At least be semi-honest here because next time it's not 'your guy' this same deviant, twisted behavior will be allowed to pass next time around when it's not your turn to benefit from the outcome.

This is utter bullshit. barry is a disgrace. He led his whole campaign on transparency and accountability of government then once he held office decided he was above the same rules he promised to imply. The guy is a scumbag. Get past the black or democratic strings you're clinging to, he's just a bad person and a blatant lying sack of shit as most politicians but diffusion of responsibility is powerful and dangerous.

History will back me up on this statement.

What lists? Geez...
Ignorance followed by a couple paragraphs of lunacy.

stevieray
06-26-2012, 05:52 PM
What lists? Geez...

Jensphincter71 says what?

Gary
06-26-2012, 05:56 PM

They made a website for you to make it easy: http://obamaachievements.org/list

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Jensphincter71 says what?

"____ says what"--always a classic. :thumb:

Otter
06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Well, we'll start with the homeless; they don't have a place to live or an income, and yet they're still allowed to vote. Also, teenagers, very old people in nursing homes, and those with mental or physical issues who are living off of disability or someone else. Also, people who simply don't want a government ID, for whatever reason; they're allowed to refuse to get one, if they can function without it.

The problem with requiring an ID, as I see it, is that it's setting a requirement beyond citizenship that you must fulfill in order to vote. That's the similarity between it and poll tax, which required that you had money in order to vote, and it makes it a much stickier issue.

It really would have been much simpler if the founding fathers had put "Every man has the right to vote" in the Constitution. It's one of the few blind spots they missed.

You forgot illegal immigrants in that roundup.

Whatever man, just remember when it's not your turn to benefit from the outcome the standards you're enabling. Karma is a bitch.

Otter
06-26-2012, 06:05 PM
What lists? Geez...

Gotcha bizzaro Tom Cash.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Gotcha bizzaro Tom Cash.

So that would make me intelligent and reasonable. I appreciate the compliment, but in the future, a simple "thanks" for setting you straight will do.

CoMoChief
06-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah, we would be much better off without GM, those jobs, and all the jobs that rely on GM.

You silly moonbat, what makes you think that our tax dollars should bail out any company in the private sector because of horrible business models?

If GM fails...tough shit, that should fall on the hands of the CEO and board of directors at GM, not on the taxpayers. Oh and which by the way, GM is sending many of their plants over to China as we speak. So to further stomp the fuck out of your liberal arguments, we in a sense paid for GM to move jobs over-seas. So not only are jobs going to be lost, but WE'RE FUCKING PAYING FOR IT!!! :mad:

If I were making horrible business decisions, and asked you to give me very large sum of X amount of dollars because if not my business would go bankrupt, and you knew that I was making horrible business decisions, would you give me that certain amount of money? Of course you wouldn't....unless you're a moron. But somehow Obama administration can sign off on this kinda shit and you're okay with it?

Otter
06-26-2012, 06:14 PM
So that would make me intelligent and reasonable. I appreciate the compliment, but in the future, a simple "thanks" for setting you straight will do.

I'd argue but I've been down this road before and learned the hard way it's a waste of time. Good luck with your barry worship. You're blind like a teenager looking at a pop idol.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 06:20 PM
You silly moonbat, what makes you think that our tax dollars should bail out any company in the private sector because of horrible business models?

First, it was a loan. Second, it is certainly not something anyone would want to do. But in the real world, people can't always afford to be ideologues who would (allegedly) rather crash the economy on principle than do something to save a vital industry and source of good jobs

If I were making horrible business decisions, and asked you to give me very large sum of X amount of dollars because if not my business would go bankrupt, and you knew that I was making horrible business decisions, would you give me that certain amount of money?

Hell no. But keep in mind you are a nutjob birther/conspiracy kook, so you have to take that into account. I'm sure you understand.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd argue but I've been down this road before and learned the hard way it's a waste of time. Good luck with your barry worship. You're blind like a teenager looking at a pop idol.

Disputing your false assertions does not make me a Barry worshipper.

Otter
06-26-2012, 06:31 PM

I picture you as the one with the green t-shirt.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Spbsq9tqagA/TaHSvD7XbnI/AAAAAAAAAK0/MqVdLhXrqAk/s1600/justin-bieber-fans.jpg

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 06:44 PM
I picture you as the one with the green t-shirt.

Again, pointing out how you are wrong does not equal worship.

Anyway, stop picturing me. Its creeping me out.

CoMoChief
06-26-2012, 06:51 PM

I will keep asking until someone actually gives me a real answer.

Also waiting for someone idiot liberal to chime in w/ the standard "what good did GWB do while in office?" - Like I give a shit about GWB....he's not any better than Obama besides being able to throw a dead strike off of the pitchers mound. Obama throws like a 4yr old girl, and that's disrespecting the 4yr old.

You ****ing idiot liberals and the repub. establishment goons that want to back Romney MUST UNDERSTAND that both parties are bought and paid for by big banks and corporations. And until that changes, this country is going to go down the shitter. End of story.

Otter
06-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Again, pointing out how you are wrong does not equal worship.

Anyway, stop picturing me. Its creeping me out.

KOSMO!

barry want's his dick sucked but the first Sasquatch and Jimmy Carter are at a balloon animal making class in Egypt. Get in there and do it before he breaks out his legislative pen and says 'it's the right thing to do' again!

CoMoChief
06-26-2012, 07:29 PM
First, it was a loan. Second, it is certainly not something anyone would want to do. But in the real world, people can't always afford to be ideologues who would (allegedly) rather crash the economy on principle than do something to save a vital industry and source of good jobs

Hell no. But keep in mind you are a nutjob birther/conspiracy kook, so you have to take that into account. I'm sure you understand.

Uhh first of all moron, it was a loan PAID BY TAXPAYERS. And I'm still trying to see how Obama lying about his past/childhood/father has anything to do w/ this? Another words you're completely ignoring FACTS and look straight to the fact that I don't believe in who Obama says he is and completely ignore the issue. Wow, sounds like your typical liberal. Color me shocked.

CoMoChief
06-26-2012, 07:30 PM

ROFLROFL You are very much so a Barry worshiper.

CoMoChief
06-26-2012, 07:31 PM
CHEA BOY!!!! I'm on that bandwagon!! Im in the #Anyone but Barry campaign.

:doh!:

durtyrute
06-27-2012, 08:19 AM

Wait, they came up with a website to justify his presidency? That's rad :thumb:

vailpass
06-27-2012, 01:31 PM
KOSMO!

barry want's his dick sucked but the first Sasquatch and Jimmy Carter are at a balloon animal making class in Egypt. Get in there and do it before he breaks out his legislative pen and says 'it's the right thing to do' again!

LMAO

Aries Walker
06-27-2012, 01:50 PM
You forgot illegal immigrants in that roundup.

Whatever man, just remember when it's not your turn to benefit from the outcome the standards you're enabling. Karma is a bitch.
Yeah, I also left out legal immigrants if you noticed. Children too. Amazing, that.

fan4ever
06-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Wait, they came up with a website to justify his presidency? That's rad :thumb:

One of the accomplishments? They made this rad website...

mikey23545
06-27-2012, 02:04 PM

I clicked on the link but just got "404 - File Not Found"

Weird, huh?

durtyrute
06-27-2012, 02:11 PM
One of the accomplishments? They made this rad website...

:LOL:

patteeu
06-27-2012, 03:26 PM

It doesn't really add a requirement so much as the original requirement implies an additional requirement (that the eligible voter must be identifiable as an eligible voter).

Even if the constitution had used your simpler statement that "every man has the right to vote", there would be an implicit requirement that we be able to identify him to prevent him from voting twice.

Ugly Duck
06-28-2012, 12:24 AM
It going to be close election.

Obama & dems in local elections will get creamed all across the country. The Koch Brothers (Citizens United) ruling by the Republi-controlled Supreme Court sealed it for the oligarchs. I'm skeptical that the country will ever see a Dem president again. A few billionaires can now outspend hundreds of millions of citizens with dark money that cannot be accounted for. Nobody can know where all the campaign ads are coming from, and nobody can be held to account for accuracy of their "facts." A pro-corporation propaganda campaign will be unleashed - the likes of which this country has never seen.

Not one Planeteer would agree that our Founding Fathers considered a corporation to be a person, and because he's not an actual person with a real mouth, he speaks with money instead of a voice. Our Fathers believed in the principle that all men are created equal, but now that a corporation is considered to be a man, that man speaks with a voice far louder than any mere citizen can muster. The vast majority of Republis are wholly owned subsidiaries of the oligarchs & obsequiously genuflect to their masters - they will hold all the power. Dems are doomed along with unions & company benefits such as pensions, health care, etc..

The bottom line is us. The top line represents the people now unleashed to outspend everybody else this campaign season. Looky what happened since Reaganomics became the law of the land. Expect our line to recede & their line to skyrocket:

http://billmoyers.com/static/winner-take-all-infographic/chart.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/U.S._Distribution_of_Wealth%2C_2007.jpg