PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV New Pixar movie "Brave"

mr. tegu
06-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Has anyone seen it? Anyone planning to see it? These Disney/Pixar movies are usually pretty good and it seems that the reviews for it have been positive. I am wondering what everyone here is thinking regarding this movie.

Pestilence
06-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I took my 5 year old on Sunday. I thought it was pretty good. Obvious Mother-Daughter connection plot.

Chiefspants
06-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I thought it was solid, it's a definite rebound from "Cars 2"

mikeyis4dcats.
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM
I've read many mediocre reviews. A shame, as it looks great, but I understand it's not quite the adventure movie seen in the trailers.

mr. tegu
06-25-2012, 04:50 PM
So would you guys say it is as funny for all as some past Pixar movies have been?

Pestilence
06-25-2012, 05:00 PM
So would you guys say it is as funny for all as some past Pixar movies have been?

Compared to what movies?

GordonGekko
06-25-2012, 08:33 PM

Definitely funny, and the three kids and the dad were hilarious.

But definitely a movie that I wasn't expecting, I was thinking this was going to be much more adventurous than it turned out to be.

You will leave the theater thinking about redheads which might be a good thing! :thumb:

mr. tegu
06-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Compared to what movies?

Well I'm thinking some of the movies they have done are more just kid movies like Cars and Finding Nemo. Whereas Monsters, Inc, Incredibles and Toy Story 3 seemed to have a more wide range of appeal. I'm just curious where this one might fall in comparison.

Chiefspants
06-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Well I'm thinking some of the movies they have done are more just kid movies like Cars and Finding Nemo. Whereas Monsters, Inc, Incredibles and Toy Story 3 seemed to have a more wide range of appeal. I'm just curious where this one might fall in comparison.

If I had to create a tier for Pixar movies, it would look something like this.

The God Tier
Toy Story 1, 2 & 3
Up
The Incredibles
WALL-E
Finding Nemo

The Incredible Tier
Monsters Inc.

The Great Tier
Brave
A Bug's Life
Cars
Ratatouille

The Cassel Tier
Cars 2

Overall, it was far from their best work, but it definitely met my expectations, and ended up adding a unique pixar twist to the fantasy genre.

Predarat
06-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Cars 2 was not too good, my son does not even want to watch it and he loves almost everything Pixar.

Setsuna
06-26-2012, 09:07 AM
If I had to create a tier for Pixar movies, it would look something like this.

The God Tier
Toy Story 1, 2 & 3
Up
The Incredibles
WALL-E
Finding Nemo

The Incredible Tier
Monsters Inc.

The Great Tier
Brave
A Bug's Life
Cars
Ratatouille

The Cassel Tier
Cars 2

Overall, it was far from their best work, but it definitely met my expectations, and ended up adding a unique pixar twist to the fantasy genre.

Brilliant. The Cassel Tier. That is awesome dude :thumb:

SuperChief
06-26-2012, 09:21 AM
It was as expected, as others have mentioned. I honestly thought it was better at the beginning, and got progressively not-so-awesome.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-26-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't get the hate for Cars 2....my son watches it a lot, it's not terrible. The story is a little weak, but the animation is good.

JD10367
06-26-2012, 09:57 AM
It was cute. Not great, not horrible. It was almost two different films, with the twist in the middle taking something out of it. Sound was good, scenery was good. I actually liked it better than some of the recent Pixar fare which I've found meandering and weak (Wall-E, UP). Not that I didn't like those either, as the only Pixar stuff I dislike is "Cars" and "Cars 2".

Bradys and Manningses:

Toy Story, Toy Story 3, The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc.

A solid starter:

Brave, A Bug's Life, Ratatouille, UP, Wall-E, Toy Story 2

"He's good if surrounded with a solid defense and running game":

Cars, Cars 2

Chiefnj2
06-26-2012, 01:24 PM
How could you find UP meandering and weak?

whoman69
06-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Part of the reason for bad reviews come from feminist views. They say the movie should be about women being empowered, but the protagonist is just another princess. Petty reasoning, IMO. If anyone should already be confident and empowered, its a princess. The fact that the main character still felt she wasn't allowed to live up to her potential by the rules of society should be right in their wheelhouse. If anything the feminist element goes to far in this movie as all men are seen as brutish and unthinking.

mikeyis4dcats.
06-26-2012, 07:30 PM
How could you find UP meandering and weak?

probably the only Pixar movie I find less enjoyable than UP is Wall-E.

Deberg_1990
07-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Saw it last night with the kids. I liked it, but overall not even close to my fave PIXAR.

One thing i noticed was that it was very short and pretty simple story overall. Usually PIXAR movies are longer.

I was expecting more of an adventure, but it was fine for what it was. Pretty moving at the end with the Mother and Daughter story.

My Kids liked it alot, so thats all that truly mattered. : )