PDA

View Full Version : Life Ambien is such a rascal!

El Jefe
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Some of you may remember my ambien influenced mishaps I've posted about. Well up until recently I cut myself off of ambien. No big loss, I found the drug to work 5% of the time and not the other. Well I have had a rough patch of not being able to sleep thusly getting severe migraines, so I went back to the Dr. He said since I've been dieting to try it again. So I did last Friday and it worked great. Saturday it worked, but I was really groggy. So I tried it again last night and I took 2, well at 2am I was wide awake so I got ticked and took 2 more. Lo and behold I woke up at 5am and I had pissed my pants and the bed. Strange thing is I went to bed in boxers, but woke up in freshly pissed jeans. I'm telling you, ambien is a cruel mistress. I talked to my doctor and he said I have to do another sleep study. I hope they figure something out because the last month has been hell. It was funny though.

pr_capone
06-25-2012, 09:50 PM
After years of shitty sleep, my doc finally ponied up the ambien. I'll tell you what... it knocks me the fuck out. I adore the stuff. It gives me some seriously strange dreams but it is a small price to pay to get more than 3-5 hours of sleep per night.

stlchiefs
06-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Does it hurt to sit down today as well? You should probably lay off the drugs.

In58men
06-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Masterbating helps me sleep

Ceej
06-25-2012, 09:54 PM
It must suck not being able to sleep.

I can sleep wherever, whenever.

Bump
06-25-2012, 09:55 PM
WEED > DRUGS

seriously! This country is ruining lives with these horrible drugs they push on you for profits. Weed can replace sleeping pills easily and it's good for you, but this stupid fucking country doesn't want what is best for it's people.

pr_capone
06-25-2012, 10:03 PM
WEED > DRUGS

seriously! This country is ruining lives with these horrible drugs they push on you for profits. Weed can replace sleeping pills easily and it's good for you, but this stupid ****ing country doesn't want what is best for it's people.

Speaking from experience. Ambien ever so slightly edges out weed but YMMV.

Gonzo
06-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Been on the stuff for two years now... I get a little loopy on it but it works awesome. My short term memory is a little questionable at times. It **** it, I'd rather sleep than remember an appointment or some miniscule detail.

Gonzo
06-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Shaddup bitch

Lumpy
06-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Been on the stuff for two years now... I get a little loopy on it but it works awesome. My shirt term memory is a little questionable at times. It **** it, I'd rather sleep than remember an appointment or some miniscule detail.

Ambien makes Gonzo spell gooder. ROFL

Lumpy
06-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Shaddup bitch

:LOL:

J Diddy
06-25-2012, 10:21 PM

If you can't spell it right, you ain't doing it right.

06-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Ambien never did shit for me.

J Diddy
06-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Ambien never did shit for me.

You've got to wad it up in a wet paper towel and shove it up your ass. Works every time.

Cephalic Trauma
06-25-2012, 10:31 PM
WEED > DRUGS

seriously! This country is ruining lives with these horrible drugs they push on you for profits. Weed can replace sleeping pills easily and it's good for you, but this stupid ****ing country doesn't want what is best for it's people.

:doh!:

Wow.

pr_capone
06-25-2012, 10:45 PM

Wow.

He is right when it comes to the gnarly side effects of many drugs compared to the natural relief that marijuana provides. I disagree that Ambien is among those drugs but the argument, weed > a large variety of prescription drugs, is a valid one.

Simply Red
06-25-2012, 10:47 PM
in my prayers, boy, you're in my prayers.

Simply Red
06-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Nyquil giant fucking 'Q!'

CrazyPhuD
06-25-2012, 10:57 PM
If you can't spell it right, you ain't doing it right.

have you ever tried to type while masterbating? It ain't easy I tell you!

Lumpy
06-25-2012, 11:18 PM
I suffer from insomnia, but I rarely take sleeping pills. When I do take a pill, it's usually Simply Sleep. They work pretty well, but they make me groggy the next morning. I've taken 1/2 pills of Ambien before too, but they make me loopy as hell.

Here's an interesting research study that was done w/ 355 Ambien users, (check out the Side Effects portion)... http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/ambien-reviews.html

thabear04
06-25-2012, 11:29 PM
I took Ambien before then woke back up. Then got up felt dizzy theb i said fuck this then went back to bed.

thabear04
06-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Could try that Bob Marley tea it will knock you out.

Bump
06-25-2012, 11:32 PM

Wow.

wow what?

J Diddy
06-25-2012, 11:36 PM
have you ever tried to type while masterbating? It ain't easy I tell you!

That's why I use the voice to text program with windows 7, it's OH WOW pretty good.

4th and Long
06-25-2012, 11:45 PM
AmbienŽ (zolpidem tartrate) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat short-term insomnia in adults. If your doctor has you on this for more than a few months, tops, he's putting you at risk.

4th and Long
06-25-2012, 11:46 PM
I suffer from insomnia, but I rarely take sleeping pills. When I do take a pill, it's usually Simply Sleep. They work pretty well, but they make me groggy the next morning. I've taken 1/2 pills of Ambien before too, but they make me loopy as hell.

Here's an interesting research study that was done w/ 355 Ambien users, (check out the Side Effects portion)... http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/ambien-reviews.html

I'm not going to bother reading that. 19 years in hospital pharmacy has my brain packed with all kinds of horror stories about ambien.

Bump
06-26-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm not going to bother reading that. 19 years in hospital pharmacy has my brain packed with all kinds of horror stories about ambien.

oh no, ambien is perfect fine for you, it's legal, so obviously there isnt anything wrong with it. Plus I see people getting a great night sleeps on the TV with it. But that damned marijuana, fucking pot heads are so stupid.

/cp

DRU
06-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Speaking from experience. Ambien ever so slightly edges out weed but YMMV.

Except that you won't wake up covered in piss wondering when you put your pants on if you smoke a joint.

Also, have you tried edibles, too, or just smoking? Edibles are much stronger and more healthy.

CrazyPhuD
06-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Except that you won't wake up covered in piss wondering when you put your pants on if you smoke a joint.

Well to be fair that depends upon the kind of joint you end up smoking.

Lumpy
06-26-2012, 12:18 AM

Actually, it sounds like you don't need to read it. You already know that it's some scary shit.

The sleep driving is what really frightens me. I've read about people doing that and getting arrested or into serious accidents. And, of course, they don't recall any of it. Gonzo hasn't done anything like that, but he has done some strange things.

I don't take anything other than Ibuprofen, the occasional Rx for an illness, and a Simply Sleep once a week or so.

Megbert
06-26-2012, 12:19 AM
I used to take ambien. I did some crazy shit while taking it. I took it to combat the SE of another drug. After I quit the other drug I quit the ambien. Well a couple years later I'm having trouble sleeping again. Go to the doc and get some lunesta. Now that made me sleep just fine and I didn't do any weird shit.

Johnny Vegas
06-26-2012, 02:07 AM

ehhh....

-King-
06-26-2012, 02:38 AM
11 out of the 355 users of Ambien in that study had sleep sex? LMAO

BigRichard
06-26-2012, 04:48 AM
Drugs are bad mmmkay.

Okie_Apparition
06-26-2012, 04:54 AM
How often do you visit the doctor
on the next Chiefsplanet poll

Rausch
06-26-2012, 05:09 AM
I did the sleep-driving thing.

Will not touch that $3it again...

KCUnited
06-26-2012, 05:34 AM
Temazepam

4th and Long
06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Temazepam

Generic Restoril. Very old drug. Chalked full of side effect goodness.

Drowsiness
Headache
Fatigue
Nervousness
Lethargy
Dizziness
Nausea
Hangover
Anxiety
Depression
Dry Mouth
Diarrhea
Abdominal Discomfort
Euphoria
Weakness
Confusion
Blurred Vision
Nightmares
Vertigo
anorexia
ataxia
equilibrium loss
tremor
increased dreaming
dyspnea
palpitations
vomiting
backache
hyperhidrosis
burning eyes
Amnesia
hallucinations
horizontal nystagmus
restlessness
overstimulation
agitation

DRU
06-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Well to be fair that depends upon the kind of joint you end up smoking.

Maybe if you've laced it something, but the best MJ in the world won't do that to you. You'll be high and feel great, but you'll be completely aware, and if you do fall asleep it won't be "pass out" asleep so you'll wake up if you have to piss like normal.

It just amazes me that MJ is illegal when all this other garbage isn't, and it amazes me even more that people just take the law's word for what's good and bad.

Demonpenz
06-26-2012, 10:36 PM
It is amazing how weak weed really is. It's like, this is all? Exept when I ate like brownies and I am used to doing shots of jack. So I am like hmm i am hungry and I am not high yet...keep on eating them...ohhhhhhhhh nooooo

Cephalic Trauma
06-26-2012, 11:50 PM
He is right when it comes to the gnarly side effects of many drugs compared to the natural relief that marijuana provides. I disagree that Ambien is among those drugs but the argument, weed > a large variety of prescription drugs, is a valid one.

Valid? Based on your opinion/experience, or clinically relevant literature that states it as such?

listopencil
06-27-2012, 12:33 AM
I've been taking Ambien for quite a while now. Not every night but often enough. The only "side effect" I have gotten is incredibly lucid dreams. Funny thing though, the next day I can figure out what is going on in the dreams and it is actually helping me. Almost like therapy while I'm asleep. I'd say the only bad thing that ever happened was that I got into a fistfight in one of my dreams, and I woke up just as it started. I had to go calm myself down before I could go back to bed.

splatbass
06-27-2012, 12:49 AM
After years of shitty sleep, my doc finally ponied up the ambien. I'll tell you what... it knocks me the **** out. I adore the stuff. It gives me some seriously strange dreams but it is a small price to pay to get more than 3-5 hours of sleep per night.

I agree. I don't have any problems with it. I sleep well, and wake up feeling good.

KCUnited
06-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Generic Restoril. Very old drug. Chalked full of side effect goodness.

Drowsiness
Headache
Fatigue
Nervousness
Lethargy
Dizziness
Nausea
Hangover
Anxiety
Depression
Dry Mouth
Diarrhea
Abdominal Discomfort
Euphoria
Weakness
Confusion
Blurred Vision
Nightmares
Vertigo
anorexia
ataxia
equilibrium loss
tremor
increased dreaming
dyspnea
palpitations
vomiting
backache
hyperhidrosis
burning eyes
Amnesia
hallucinations
horizontal nystagmus
restlessness
overstimulation
agitation
Yep, the standard list. Can't wait for scrips with no side effects.

Red Beans
06-27-2012, 05:33 AM
I've been taking Ambien for quite a while now. Not every night but often enough. The only "side effect" I have gotten is incredibly lucid dreams. Funny thing though, the next day I can figure out what is going on in the dreams and it is actually helping me. Almost like therapy while I'm asleep. I'd say the only bad thing that ever happened was that I got into a fistfight in one of my dreams, and I woke up just as it started. I had to go calm myself down before I could go back to bed.

I used to say the similar thing about acid and mushrooms...except for the fistfighting thing...

Dayze
06-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Some of you may remember my ambien influenced mishaps I've posted about. Well up until recently I cut myself off of ambien. No big loss, I found the drug to work 5% of the time and not the other. Well I have had a rough patch of not being able to sleep thusly getting severe migraines, so I went back to the Dr. He said since I've been dieting to try it again. So I did last Friday and it worked great. Saturday it worked, but I was really groggy. So I tried it again last night and I took 2, well at 2am I was wide awake so I got ticked and took 2 more. Lo and behold I woke up at 5am and I had pissed my pants and the bed. Strange thing is I went to bed in boxers, but woke up in freshly pissed jeans. I'm telling you, ambien is a cruel mistress. I talked to my doctor and he said I have to do another sleep study. I hope they figure something out because the last month has been hell. It was funny though.
LMAO. Sorry dude. Dut damn funny visuals