PDA

View Full Version : Legal Mark Levin - Commentary on the SCOTUS decisions today on the Immigration law

Chiefshrink
06-25-2012, 11:16 PM
A Real Constitutional Lawyer tells it like it is:thumb:

http://rope.zmle.fimc.net/player/player.html?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpodloc%2Eandomedia%2Ecom%2FdloadTrack%2Emp3%3Fprm%3D2069xhttp%3A%2F%2Fp odfuse%2Ddl%2Eandomedia%2Ecom%2F800185%2Fpodfuse%2Dorigin%2Eandomedia%2Ecom%2Fcitadel%5Forigin%2Fpod s%2Fmarklevin%2FLevin06252012%2Emp3

La literatura
06-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Do you just listen to right-wing radio all day?

Chiefshrink
06-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Do you just listen to right-wing radio all day?

Nope, not all day, don't have time.

La literatura
06-25-2012, 11:37 PM

Did you know that Mark Levin was a disciple of Saul Alinsky?

cosmo20002
06-25-2012, 11:38 PM

Don't be so literal. He means when you aren't asleep. Just the time when you are awake.

J Diddy
06-25-2012, 11:38 PM

I understand. The occasional gay bashing and war mongering is real time intensive.

Chiefshrink
06-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Did you know that Mark Levin was a disciple of Saul Alinsky?

A disciple of Alinsky ???ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Now I know you are waaaaaay out in Left field.

DUDE ! Did you ever hear Levin's own personal experience as a teen volunteering to work for the Reagan campaign back in '76' ? Levin was helping set up a Repub office in a building that was previously used by Dems back in '72'. In a corner were piles of boxes that they had to move. Levin noticed in all of these boxes was the book "Rules for Radicals" by Alinsky. The Sr. Repub person told Levin, "If you want to know where the Dem party is going and how they will operate in the future, you better read that book".

Educated about Alinsky - Yes

Disciple - NO WAY IN HELL !!

Chiefshrink
06-25-2012, 11:53 PM
I understand. The occasional gay bashing and war mongering is real time intensive.

J Dildo at it again with such substantive intellect:rolleyes:

La literatura
06-25-2012, 11:56 PM
A disciple of Alinsky ???ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL Now I know you are waaaaaay out in Left field.

DUDE ! Did you ever hear Levin's own personal experience as a teen volunteering to work for the Reagan campaign back in '76' ? Levin was helping set up a Repub office in a building that was previously used by Dems back in '72'. In a corner were piles of boxes that they had to move. Levin noticed in all of these boxes was the book "Rules for Radicals" by Alinsky. The Sr. Repub person told Levin, "If you want to know where the Dem party is going and how they will operate in the future, you better read that book".

Educated about Alinsky - Yes

Disciple - NO WAY IN HELL !!

Wow. I can't believe you believe that story. I have a professor who went to Temple Law with Levin. Actually, he was a year above Levin. But they met regularly as part of a group that read Alinsky. In fact, the professor recalls vividly when Levin used one of those switch-blade combs, made a cut in his finger, and bled onto the book, chanting, "Father Saul, guide me, from this day to eternity." Alinsky had been dead a few years before this, but according to my professor (who is a member of the Tea Party, btw), Levin was often seen staring at the wall, in a seeming trance, allegedly talking to the spirit of Alinsky. Levin called him "My Jewish Father."

Chiefshrink
06-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Wow. I can't believe you believe that story. I have a professor who went to Temple Law with Levin. Actually, he was a year above Levin. But they met regularly as part of a group that read Alinsky. In fact, the professor recalls vividly when Levin used one of those switch-blade combs, made a cut in his finger, and bled onto the book, chanting, "Father Saul, guide me, from this day to eternity." Alinsky had been dead a few years before this, but according to my professor (who is a member of the Tea Party, btw), Levin was often seen staring at the wall, in a seeming trance, allegedly talking to the spirit of Alinsky. Levin called him "My Jewish Father."

:eek: And you believe this? It sounds so absurd that either he was being sarcastic and you didn't pick up on his sarcasm or he is a jaded colleague who likes to DIS on him because he never rose to the great heights like Levin.

La literatura
06-26-2012, 12:08 AM
:eek: And you believe this? It sounds so absurd that either he was being sarcastic and you didn't pick up on his sarcasm or he is a jaded colleague who likes to DIS on him because he never rose to the great heights like Levin.

No, he was serious. That's definitely not something you joke about.

Chiefshrink
06-26-2012, 12:15 AM
No, he was serious. That's definitely not something you joke about.

It's either one of 2 things IMO. Either he is jaded or he didn't know Levin that well at the time and you must realize that Levin is one "Salty Sarcastic SOB" and Levin could have very well been joking and your professor didn't realize it.

Chiefshrink
06-26-2012, 12:17 AM
Quite frankly I can see him doing something like that in class making fun of his more Liberal colleagues.:thumb:

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 12:29 AM

That story ROFL

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 12:31 AM

I've heard that too.

headsnap
06-26-2012, 05:01 AM
That story ROFL

InChiefsHell
06-26-2012, 05:28 AM

I see what you did there...nice...:clap:

blaise
06-26-2012, 06:47 AM
It's either one of 2 things IMO. Either he is jaded or he didn't know Levin that well at the time and you must realize that Levin is one "Salty Sarcastic SOB" and Levin could have very well been joking and your professor didn't realize it.

Jeez, dude.

Chief Faithful
06-26-2012, 08:46 AM

It is that sarcastic side I find so humorous and the reason I listen on occasion, but you are right you have to listen to him for a while to really catch on to his sarcasm. Based on what I've just read in this thread I would guess the Professor didn't like Levin so never took the time to become familiar with his behaviors. I also find it consistent with Levin that he would join the group to learn from while making sport of the other group members. Most likely Levin was hated by all the group members.

Munson
06-26-2012, 01:27 PM
I've only been listening to Levin for the last 2 or 3 months, but can easliy tell that he is sarcastic as hell. Maybe its why I like his show so much.

Its ridiculous to say that he's an Alinsky follower. I'm sure he read Alinsky's book, but only to see why liberals think the way they do. And it wouldn't surprise me if he made fun of a few libs back in the day for following Alinsky's teachings.

patteeu
06-26-2012, 04:33 PM
SS, did you consider the possibility that Literature is pulling your leg?

InChiefsHell
06-27-2012, 05:30 AM
SS, did you consider the possibility that Literature is pulling your leg?

It would not seem as though this crossed his mind...LMAO

VAChief
06-27-2012, 07:51 AM
It would not seem as though this crossed his mind...LMAO

Classic SS.

SNR
06-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Literature, did your professor ever tell you about the time Levin and Alinsky used to volunteer at the abortion clinic? Classic!

cosmo20002
06-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Literature, did your professor ever tell you about the time Levin and Alinsky used to volunteer at the abortion clinic? Classic!

Glenn Beck was going on and on about it. They did partial-birth, harvested the stem cells and everything.

VAChief
06-27-2012, 10:04 AM

Alinsky died before Roe v Wade.

cosmo20002
06-27-2012, 10:06 AM

That just makes it worse that they would do that, doesn't it?

patteeu
06-27-2012, 10:08 AM

The abortion clinic he's talking about was in Kenya. Unfortunately, they let one survive and escape to some island in the Pacific.

VAChief
06-27-2012, 10:12 AM
The abortion clinic he's talking about was in Kenya. Unfortunately, they let one survive and escape to some island in the Pacific.

Yeah, I think I heard that before from one of Oily Taint's press conferences too. :thumb: