PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Dems skipping the Convention...Including Claire McMoonbat

HonestChieffan
06-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Trouble in paradise...http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/06/claire-mccaskill-not-going-to-dem-convention.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Claire McCaskill will not be attending the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, a McCaskill aide confirmed to TPM Tuesday. McCaskill joins a list of vulnerable Democratic politicians whose home districts are hostile ground for President Obama and who will be steering clear of the convention.

“In years when Claire is on the ballot, she has historically not gone to the convention,” the aide said, “because she believes it’s important to stay in Missouri to talk to voters.”

The aide stressed that McCaskill did not attend the 2004 Democratic National Convention, when she was running for governor of Missouri.

The aide said the decision was just made Tuesday afternoon.

mikey23545
06-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Trouble in paradise...http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/06/claire-mccaskill-not-going-to-dem-convention.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Claire McCaskill will not be attending the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, a McCaskill aide confirmed to TPM Tuesday. McCaskill joins a list of vulnerable Democratic politicians whose home districts are hostile ground for President Obama and who will be steering clear of the convention.

“In years when Claire is on the ballot, she has historically not gone to the convention,” the aide said, “because she believes it’s important to stay in Missouri to talk to voters.”

The aide stressed that McCaskill did not attend the 2004 Democratic National Convention, when she was running for governor of Missouri.

The aide said the decision was just made Tuesday afternoon.

Dems=rats

Obama=sinking ship

CoMoChief
06-26-2012, 01:19 PM
translation = Obama has been terrible for the democratic party.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Proving again that there is nothing too small for nutjobs to make a big deal about.

vailpass
06-26-2012, 02:03 PM
High yeller' kryptonite.

blaise
06-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Proving again that there is nothing too small for nutjobs to make a big deal about.

Says the guy that cried about Romney's horse for 10 pages of a thread.

vailpass
06-26-2012, 03:54 PM

Donut criticize, you sound like an equiner.

Fairplay
06-26-2012, 04:13 PM
translation = Obama has been terrible for the democratic party.

Proof for that is the 2010 election year, without question.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM

Why would I be crying about it? I made fun of it on page 1. The crying on the next 9 pages was from you and others who decided horse ballet was suddenly your favorite "sport."

mlyonsd
06-26-2012, 04:38 PM
FWIW I'm not attending either.

stonedstooge
06-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Television ads against and for Crazy Claire have been running for 3 months already

blaise
06-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Why would I be crying about it? I made fun of it on page 1. The crying on the next 9 pages was from you and others who decided horse ballet was suddenly your favorite "sport."

I don't remember saying much about other than wondering why you spent so much time crying about it.
It's ok though. We see how middle of the road you are. Crying about horses - ok. Commenting about Claire McCaskil- crazy.

qabbaan
06-26-2012, 09:11 PM
She is a vulnerable Democrat, who could be swept away in a wave against Obama. I get it. She's got permission from Democratic leadership to posture like she is upset with Obama. Ok, I get it.

Does anyone think this is going to help her? Will anyone disillusioned by Obama decide to support her over this? Is such a cynical political ploy really going to do anything? Whatever she is trying to falsely allude to here, her voting record would contradict.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 09:38 PM
If someone has some stats on attendance of all party officeholders at the national conventions, maybe we could put this into perspective. Otherwise, BFD.

ChiefsCountry
06-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Jay Nixon came out against Obamacare. I don't think you will see much of Obama in Missouri campaigning this year. I think they have written Missouri off.

qabbaan
06-27-2012, 07:17 AM
If someone has some stats on attendance of all party officeholders at the national conventions, maybe we could put this into perspective. Otherwise, BFD.

You don't have to respond to every thread about bad news for democrats saying "this isnt news... whats the big deal..." we already know what you think about everything.

cosmo20002
06-27-2012, 07:36 AM
You don't have to respond to every thread about bad news for democrats saying "this isnt news... whats the big deal..." we already know what you think about everything.

I didn't see what the bad news was.

Extra Point
06-27-2012, 07:44 AM
The bad news is you're still posting, Cosmo.

blaise
06-27-2012, 07:46 AM

Stories about Romney and horses or donuts= big news
Any story about Obama that isn't celebrating Obama = not news

cosmo20002
06-27-2012, 07:49 AM
The bad news is you're still posting, Cosmo.

That is bad news for those who like to have their absurd assertions go unquestioned.

Extra Point
06-27-2012, 07:50 AM
You've removed the questions.

cosmo20002
06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Stories about Romney and horses or donuts= big news
Any story about Obama that isn't celebrating Obama = not news

Stories about Romney and horses [doing ballet] or [his non-regcognition of] donuts = funny

Any story about [someone not attending a convention] = not news

blaise
06-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Stories about Romney and horses [doing ballet] or [his non-regcognition of] donuts = funny

I'll stick with the way I wrote it.

Comrade Crapski
06-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Obama is a worthless scumbag.

LOCOChief
06-27-2012, 09:01 AM
High yeller' kryptonite.

steppin?

patteeu
06-27-2012, 03:10 PM

I can't wait to hear your scathing review of the POTUS candidate who thinks the current NBA champions are called the Miami Heats.

<iframe title="MRC TV video player" width="640" height="360" src="http://www.mrctv.org/embed/114378" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blaise
06-28-2012, 04:51 AM
That's not funny, pat, because it's Obama.

Ugly Duck
06-28-2012, 07:58 AM

No, no! Do it like this: First post an article about Republicans skipping their convention. That way all the "sinking ship" comments get thrown right back at them. Then post an article about McCaskil not skipping the convention because of Obama to mute the "fleeing rat" thing anyway.

Republicans Skipping the Convention

New Mexico Republican Senate nominee Heather Wilson will not attend the Republican National Convention in Tampa later this summer, her spokesman tells Hotline On Call.

Wilson's not the only competitive Republican Senate candidate skipping the Tampa gathering. Linda Lingle, the presumptive nominee in Hawaii, and Rep. Denny Rehberg, the Montana GOP nominee, will also be absent from the event.

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2012/06/heather-wilson-1.php

McCaskill: Not skipping Dem convention because of Obama

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) on Wednesday defended her decision to skip the Democratic National Convention, denying that she was trying to distance herself from President Obama.

http://thehill.com/video/campaign/235021-sen-mccaskill-defends-decision-not-to-attend-democratic-national-convention