PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Oreo celebrates gay pride

Count Alex's Wins
06-26-2012, 06:51 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/26/Oreo-Launches-Gay-Pride-Cookie-Ad
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m67bgg9JuZ1qddpgto1_500.jpg

The iconic Oreo cookie is getting a Gay Pride rainbow makeover, at least in a new Facebook ad campaign.

Oreo, which is owned by Kraft Foods, posted on its Facebook page a controversy-stirring ad featuring an Oreo cookie stuffed with a rainbow filling.

“We are excited to illustrate what is making history today in a fun and playful way,” Basil Maglaris, a spokeswoman for Kraft Foods wrote in an email to ABC News. “As a company, Kraft Foods has a proud history of celebrating diversity and inclusiveness. We feel the OREO ad is a fun reflection of our values."

In the last 17 hours, more than 157,000 people "liked" the picture.

Others, however, have been offended, sparking a proposed boycott.

Oreo says it does not plan to sell the depicted rainbow cookie in its ad. LMAO

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 06:57 PM
"Others, however, have been offended, sparking a proposed boycott."

Fuking insane. Of course, I thought Rs were already boycotting Oreos due to the mixing of black and white.

HonestChieffan
06-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Peanut butter oreos rock

blaise
06-26-2012, 07:06 PM

Fuking insane. Of course, I thought Rs were already boycotting Oreos due to the mixing of black and white.

Are you just going pretty much full time tard now or something?

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 07:08 PM

A little sensitive on the racial issues, apparently.

SNR
06-26-2012, 07:10 PM
I would never eat one of those.

Blue frosting tastes like ass

blaise
06-26-2012, 07:11 PM
A little sensitive on the racial issues, apparently.

No, just making a comment about a race baiting tard that claims he's middle of the road.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 07:14 PM
No, just making a comment about a race baiting tard that claims he's middle of the road.

I am middle of the road. Doesn't mean I can't comment on nuts who boycott a cookie because they want to market to gay people.

blaise
06-26-2012, 07:16 PM
I am middle of the road. Doesn't mean I can't comment on nuts who boycott a cookie because they want to market to gay people.

The comment was fine. The tard came in when you tried to claim all Republicans are racist, sportscosmo.

fan4ever
06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
I have a feeling they won't be dunking those in a glass of milk...

...that being said, obviously Oreo is making a statement...and having dones so, accept what comes with it. Cry me a river.

CoMoChief
06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Time for the gays to just STFU already.

If you wanna be gay fine...be as gay as you want. But shut the fuck up about it. Because whether or not they like it, being gay isn't the norm. I don't care what people say, human males are supposed to mate w/ human females...that's what we're put on this earth to do, same goes for most mammals.

This whole "aww the gays/lesbians feel offended". Which in reality they're really not offended, they're just starving for attention.

patteeu
06-26-2012, 07:37 PM

Who said the "others" were Republicans? Maybe they're blacks and union members :shrug:

I don't see anything wrong with the ad.

HonestChieffan
06-26-2012, 07:38 PM

So is that a bad thing? Maybe you need to be more open minded?

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 07:40 PM
The comment was fine. The tard came in when you tried to claim all Republicans are racist, sportscosmo.

Oh, "lighten" up.

fan4ever
06-26-2012, 07:40 PM

It's a free country; do what you want. Just accept the consequences...that's how the cookie crumbles...

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 07:42 PM
I have a feeling they won't be dunking those in a glass of milk...

...that being said, obviously Oreo is making a statement...and having dones so, accept what comes with it. Cry me a river.

What is the statement? "We would like gay people to buy some Oreos?"

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 07:46 PM

If you wanna be gay fine...be as gay as you want. But shut the **** up about it. Because whether or not they like it, being gay isn't the norm. I don't care what people say, human males are supposed to mate w/ human females...that's what we're put on this earth to do, same goes for most mammals.

This whole "aww the gays/lesbians feel offended". Which in reality they're really not offended, they're just starving for attention.

Were the gays saying something? Looking at the ad and story, Oreo is saying something and the nuts who are offended are saying they will boycott. What did the gays do again?

Count Alex's Wins
06-26-2012, 07:46 PM

That's kinda the point in this case.

tredadda
06-26-2012, 07:48 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Who said the "others" were Republicans? Maybe they're blacks and union members :shrug:

There are Rs among their ranks.

La literatura
06-26-2012, 07:50 PM

If you wanna be gay fine...be as gay as you want. But shut the **** up about it. Because whether or not they like it, being gay isn't the norm. I don't care what people say, human males are supposed to mate w/ human females...that's what we're put on this earth to do, same goes for most mammals.

Are you joining the great Oreo protest?

BigMeatballDave
06-26-2012, 07:53 PM
I see CoMoChief is trying to get more time off.

LOL

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Because whether or not they like it, being gay isn't the norm.

Neither is being a nutty birther and conspiracy kook, but if Oreo made a cookie for you, I wouldn't boycott it.

I'm picturing silver frosting on top, kind of a sugary tin foil hat.

fan4ever
06-26-2012, 07:59 PM
What is the statement? "We would like gay people to buy some Oreos?"

You really need someone to explain that to you? Really? That middle of the road thing must have gotten you hit by a truck.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 08:04 PM
You really need someone to explain that to you? Really? That middle of the road thing must have gotten you hit by a truck.

I thought they were just trying to sell cookies.

Iz Zat Chew
06-26-2012, 08:05 PM

We could only wish.

fan4ever
06-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Neither is being a nutty birther and conspiracy kook, but if Oreo made a cookie for you, I wouldn't boycott it.

I'm picturing silver frosting on top, kind of a sugary tin foil hat.

Well actually I'm sure you would...but that second line is pretty funny...

SNR
06-26-2012, 08:08 PM
I see CoMoChief is trying to get more time off.

LOLIf Nabisco ever decides to market Oreos to fans of women's college basketball... woof. Look out. CoMo will go on a rampage.

cosmo20002
06-26-2012, 08:11 PM
We could only wish.

Wow, I would think someone who lost his arm in a car accident wouldn't be so insensitive about such things.

listopencil
06-26-2012, 08:19 PM
Anybody know if they are actually going to change the cookie? I mean, are they going to make the filling in fruit flavors?

fan4ever
06-26-2012, 08:19 PM
I thought they were just trying to sell cookies.

Well that would be marketing genius. :rolleyes:

listopencil
06-26-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/international-oreo-flavors_n_1313272.html#s743809&title=OREO_Green_Tea

listopencil
06-26-2012, 08:24 PM
http://www.gourmet-cookie-bouquets.com/design/2010/12/24/oreo-cookie-flavors-just-how-many-are-there/

fan4ever
06-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Y'know Nabisco, just make my damn Oreos. I really don't need to know where you stand on gay rights, global warming, or abortion...just make the damn cookies...

Iz Zat Chew
06-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Wow, I would think someone who lost his arm in a car accident wouldn't be so insensitive about such things.

Insensitive about what? A little off the cuff remark? If I had of known you would be so butt hurt I would have offered to drive.

Brock
06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Give him a hand, everybody! :clap:

mlyonsd
06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Y'know Nabisco, just make my damn Oreos. I really don't need to know where you stand on gay rights, global warming, or abortion...just make the damn cookies...This is totally about marketing. Seeing how many rainbow Oreos one can stuff in their mouth at one time will be a big hit at certain parties.

headsnap
06-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Give him a hand, everybody! :clap:

for an off the cuff remark...

SNR
06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Y'know Nabisco, just make my damn Oreos. I really don't need to know where you stand on gay rights, global warming, or abortion...just make the damn cookies...This is what I said about Chik-fil-a being closed on Sundays. And people yelled and screamed at me.

Saulbadguy
06-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Insensitive about what? A little off the cuff remark? If I had of known you would be so butt hurt I would have offered to drive.

You can't drive. You only have one arm.

stevieray
06-26-2012, 10:17 PM
If Nabisco ever decides to market Oreos to fans of women's college basketball... woof. Look out. CoMo will go on a rampage.

boohoohoo

Bowser
06-26-2012, 10:21 PM

Take this racist shit to DC.

qabbaan
06-26-2012, 10:32 PM
"Democrats were pleased with the new cookie flavor until they noticed the high fat and sugar content, and decided no one should be allowed to eat them."

chasedude
06-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Mint Oreo Bitches!!!

http://www.gourmet-cookie-bouquets.com/design/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Mint_Oreo.jpg

SNR
06-26-2012, 10:48 PM
boohoohooYou do know why CoMo got an extended ban from this place, right?

SNR
06-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Mint Oreo Bitches!!!

http://www.gourmet-cookie-bouquets.com/design/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Mint_Oreo.jpgBlech.

Mint is a garnish, folks. Not a flavor. Fuck mint shit.

beach tribe
06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
So is that a bad thing? Maybe you need to be more open minded?

:thumb:

stevieray
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM
You do know why CoMo got an extended ban from this place, right?

tell us. over and over....

La literatura
06-26-2012, 11:34 PM
You do know why CoMo got an extended ban from this place, right?

I honestly don't know. Why?

Reaper16
06-26-2012, 11:47 PM

Felt like a joke that you'd make of you were on Cosmos' side of the isle, frankly.

Reaper16
06-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Oreo and JC Penny and any company willing to publicly court the gay market is going to pay dividends for their companies in the future. Read the signs, businesses, and claim for yourselves valuable marketshare before its too late.

Alternatively, its sad that a company publicly expressing support for a given minority group is still newsworthy in this fucked-up country.

J Diddy
06-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Oreo and JC Penny and any company willing to publicly court the gay market is going to pay dividends for their companies in the future. Read the signs, businesses, and claim for yourselves valuable marketshare before its too late.

Alternatively, its sad that a company publicly expressing support for a given minority group is still newsworthy in this ****ed-up country.

It is sad that it is newsworthy, but I suspect that we both have different ideas of why it is sad.

SNR
06-26-2012, 11:56 PM
tell us. over and over....
You have problems, good sir

La literatura
06-26-2012, 11:59 PM

Alternatively, its sad that a company publicly expressing support for a given minority group is still newsworthy in this ****ed-up country.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan Fischer has an entire radio program devoted to this for his several million listeners.

A good profile on Fischer (he's the guy who ran off the gay foreign policy adviser to Romney this year): http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/06/18/120618fa_fact_mayer

He believes that non-Christians have no First Amendment rights, that HIV does not cause AIDS, and that Muslims should be banned from immigrating to America. Fischer then called the piece an embarrassing piece of tripe.

On the other hand, as far as our country goes relatively speaking, I think we rank pretty high up there in terms of gay rights.

stevieray
06-27-2012, 12:07 AM
You have problems, good sir

right back atcha, sister.

keep claiming how people will react to the stories in your head....im sure it does wonders.

SNR
06-27-2012, 12:24 AM
right back atcha, sister.

keep claiming how people will react to the stories in your head....im sure it does wonders.

You've been following me around a lot lately. And it's getting pretty creepy. Normally I would drop this kind of shit, but you have a long and storied history of following various posters around and going off on them like a menopausal fat lady. It's not even in cases where they post stuff you object to. You do it for no reason at all.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2012, 12:29 AM
where the hell is snr

La literatura
06-27-2012, 12:32 AM
You've been following me around a lot lately. And it's getting pretty creepy. Normally I would drop this kind of shit, but you have a long and storied history of following various posters around and going off on them like a menopausal fat lady. It's not even in cases where they post stuff you object to. You do it for no reason at all.

On the plus side, though, he doesn't charge for his psychological evaluations. That's more than you can say about sportsshrink.

stevieray
06-27-2012, 12:33 AM
You've been following me around a lot lately.

no...I've only pointed out how you've done that in two threads.

but by all means, continue playing the victim while you fling shit.

Reaper16
06-27-2012, 12:33 AM
On the plus side, though, he doesn't charge for his psychological evaluations. That's more than you can say about sportsshrink.

Shots fired.

SNR
06-27-2012, 12:42 AM
no...I've only pointed out how you've done that in two threads.
What did I do in two threads?

BigMeatballDave
06-27-2012, 12:50 AM
Blech.

Mint is a garnish, folks. Not a flavor. Fuck mint shit.

Mint chocolate chip ice cream owns.

L.A. Chieffan
06-27-2012, 01:16 AM
i boycotted triscuits when they came out with a "sanctity of marriage" cracker

listopencil
06-27-2012, 02:14 AM

I bet gay people, especially gay couples, have more disposable income to blow on stupid shit like cookies. For the most part they aren't going to have kids and can spend all their cash on themselves.

booger
06-27-2012, 02:24 AM
obligatory "Clay's gay rainbow party" post

that is all

Iz Zat Chew
06-27-2012, 06:08 AM
You can't drive. You only have one arm.:rolleyes: Haven't been around much have you.

blaise
06-27-2012, 08:22 AM
Felt like a joke that you'd make of you were on Cosmos' side of the isle, frankly.

He's middle of the road.

fan4ever
06-27-2012, 10:56 AM
I bet gay people, especially gay couples, have more disposable income to blow on stupid shit like cookies. For the most part they aren't going to have kids and can spend all their cash on themselves.

On the other hand I don't see gays going out in droves and buying a cookie, especially over a favorite if they have one, because they ran an ad on facebook...while on the flip side I can see Nabisco taking some damage. Personally it's a non-issue...I don't buy the crappy things anyway.

Besides that, gays are too sophisticated to buy off the shelf cookies anyway... ;)

patteeu
06-27-2012, 11:19 AM
On the other hand I don't see gays going out in droves and buying a cookie, especially over a favorite if they have one, because they ran an ad on facebook...while on the flip side I can see Nabisco taking some damage. Personally it's a non-issue...I don't buy the crappy things anyway.

Besides that, gays are too sophisticated to buy off the shelf cookies anyway... ;)

Oreos are the best kind of cookie. Better than designer cookies or homemade. If I were going to buy a cookie, I'd buy Oreo even of they ran an ad celebrating al Qaeda appreciation day, Russian communism resurgence month, or cosmo's birthday.

Saulbadguy
06-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Oreos are the best kind of cookie. Better than designer cookies or homemade. If I were going to buy a cookie, I'd buy Oreo even of they ran an ad celebrating al Qaeda appreciation day, Russian communism resurgence month, or cosmo's birthday.

Wouldn't switch to Hydrox, eh?

cosmo20002
06-27-2012, 12:00 PM

It is overdue, I'd say.

Top-notch cookie. Plus, they deserve props for the new packaging with the flap on the front that re-seals. Others have it also now, but it is so great that I assume Oreo invented it.

patteeu
06-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Wouldn't switch to Hydrox, eh?

Hydrox is to Oreo as Biden is to Cheney. IOW, never.

patteeu
06-27-2012, 12:18 PM
It is overdue, I'd say.

Top-notch cookie. Plus, they deserve props for the new packaging with the flap on the front that re-seals. Others have it also now, but it is so great that I assume Oreo invented it.

That flap is pretty outstanding.

Bowser
06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Oreos MUST be dipped in milk, every time.

blaise
06-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Hydrox always sounded like the name of a toilet cleaner or something to me.

LOCOChief
06-27-2012, 01:18 PM

How'd I know you'd pop up in this thread?

fan4ever
06-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Oreos MUST be dipped in milk, every time.

Exactly; if my cookie needs an accomplice to be really good, heat me up some tollhouse chocolate chips cookies...

Ugly Duck
06-28-2012, 01:06 AM
I tried to drive from Candlestick through the City to Union Square last weekend. Had an innocent Christian couple from Texas in the car. Got stuck in the gay pride parade cuz of the street closures. Woman was mesmerized by what she saw & commented "I wanna go back to Dallas!"

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/13/70/36/3114886/5/628x471.jpg