PDA

View Full Version : Obama If the government made it illegal to not buy your product

Bump
06-28-2012, 06:55 PM
how much would you charge for it?

headsnap
06-28-2012, 07:08 PM

what the government told me I could charge for it...

Direckshun
06-28-2012, 07:10 PM

If we're talking about health insurance, you'll apparently charge less than they do in a state where there's no mandate. At least that's if you compare Massachussetts since Romneycare versus virtually all other states.

Bump
06-28-2012, 07:11 PM
If we're talking about health insurance, you'll apparently charge less than they do in a state where there's no mandate. At least that's if you compare Massachussetts since Romneycare versus virtually all other states.

:spock:

Direckshun
06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
:spock:

Massachussetts' rate hikes have been lower than just about every other state's.

I think only Vermont beats them, and Vermont has single payer.

Pawnmower
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
if you lived in a society where and some people paid for health insurance and some didnt...

Then those that didnt ended up going to hospitals and emergency rooms ANYWAY when they were sick/injured and sent the bill to the rest of society, what do you think would happen eventually?

fan4ever
06-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Perhaps if this is ever "repealed" someone can come up with a series of smaller scale solutions that isn't a massive power grab. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be enough gray matter in DC to swing that.

wutamess
06-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Dumb argument. You have to refund any profit over 20% so what you charge effectively don't matter.

alnorth
06-28-2012, 07:46 PM

Funny, I work for a company that sells car insurance.

We're restrained by cold-blooded cutthroat price-driven competition, and by state regulation of insurance rates.

cdcox
06-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Funny, I work for a company that sells car insurance.

We're restrained by cold-blooded cutthroat price-driven competition, and by state regulation of insurance rates.

No that's wrong. Car insurance costs a gabillion dollars and the insurance companies can charge whatever they want and people are bankrupt and everything!

mlyonsd
06-28-2012, 07:53 PM
I'd lobby the shit out of congressmen to make the penalty for not buying it as hefty as I could.

Iz Zat Chew
06-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Dumb argument. You have to refund any profit over 20% so what you charge effectively don't matter.

Who gets the payback? The Government?

Bump
06-28-2012, 09:56 PM
No that's wrong. Car insurance costs a gabillion dollars and the insurance companies can charge whatever they want and people are bankrupt and everything!

I'll tell you what, my car insurance went up from 250 for 6 months to 400 for 6 months. State regulation decided that apparently.

I called them and they said the cost of doing business in my area went up drastically. Well I give a fuck, the cost of doing business with me is ZERO. over 16 years on the road and not so much as a fender bender, knocking on wood right now