PDA

View Full Version : Obama Veto Bill cause it doesn't raise fees on Service People.

HonestChieffan
06-29-2012, 12:56 PM
The Obama administration on Friday threatened to veto a defense appropriations bill in part because it does not include higher health care fees for members of the military.

“The Administration is disappointed that the Congress did not incorporate the requested TRICARE fee initiatives into either the appropriation or authorization legislation,” the White House wrote in an official policy statement expressing opposition to the bill, which the House approved in May.

President Obama’s most recent budget proposal includes billions of dollars in higher fees for members of TRICARE, the military health care system, and is part of the administration’s plan to cut nearly $500 billion from the Pentagon’s budget.

http://freebeacon.com/obama-to-soldiers-pay-up/

FD
06-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Well, this is an unpopular group to pick on of course, but ultimately public sector workers need to pay more for their benefits like health care and pensions. Yes, that includes employees of the Pentagon.

KC Dan
06-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Well, this is an unpopular group to pick on of course, but ultimately public sector workers need to pay more for their benefits like health care and pensions. Yes, that includes employees of the Pentagon.Are you in the military? Are you a veteran? If not, STFU & STFD! Our vets served and put their lives on hold and their lives in danger to provide you with the freedoms you enjoy. They still pay for their TRICARE ( I know, I do) and of course it is at a lower rate than non-vets both in the private & public sector. I hope that this subject gets airplay on the MSM, because the folks (large majority) will side with the vets and NOT the administration

RedNeckRaider
06-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Are you in the military? Are you a veteran? If not, STFU & STFD! Our vets served and put their lives on hold and their lives in danger to provide you with the freedoms you enjoy. They still pay for their TRICARE ( I know, I do) and of course it is at a lower rate than non-vets both in the private & public sector. I hope that this subject gets airplay on the MSM, because the folks (large majority) will side with the vets and NOT the administration

That's a damn fact~

vailpass
06-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Well, this is an unpopular group to pick on of course, but ultimately public sector workers need to pay more for their benefits like health care and pensions. Yes, that includes employees of the Pentagon.

:shake: You don't get it.

JohninGpt
06-29-2012, 03:51 PM
He's taking away from people who'll probably never vote for him so he can give to someone who will.

FD
06-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Are you in the military? Are you a veteran? If not, STFU & STFD! Our vets served and put their lives on hold and their lives in danger to provide you with the freedoms you enjoy. They still pay for their TRICARE ( I know, I do) and of course it is at a lower rate than non-vets both in the private & public sector. I hope that this subject gets airplay on the MSM, because the folks (large majority) will side with the vets and NOT the administration

Anybody who serves in combat should get the best benefits possible. I stand by my comments about the rest of the public sector workforce though. Like I said, I understand it wont be popular.

KC Dan
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Anybody who serves in combat should get the best benefits possible. I stand by my comments about the rest of the public sector workforce though. Like I said, I understand it wont be popular.For all military vets, I agree. For Pentagon office workers, raise their rates

notorious
06-29-2012, 04:31 PM
We need to change to a "Starship Trooper" type system.......

Coyote
07-01-2012, 06:50 AM
We need to change to a "Starship Trooper" type system.......

That's good. I suspect few will get the reference and path to citizenship and rights though.

Iz Zat Chew
07-01-2012, 06:59 AM
He's taking away from people who'll probably never vote for him so he can give to someone who will.

This, remember its's always about Obama and not the American people. I support those that have served the country in the military. I'd hate to think where we would be now if we didn't have those that put their life on the line for our freedom.

Chiefshrink
07-01-2012, 10:31 AM

:thumb:

Put that Liberal Marxist FD in a foxhole, he doesn't make that insane comment.:shake:

Setsuna
07-01-2012, 10:35 AM
It's things like this that probably won't make it to the big media stations. Unfortunately.

alnorth
07-01-2012, 10:44 AM
and of course, everyone conveniently forgets that the Generals recommended this. Why? Because the failure to get a budget deal done last year triggered automatic defense cuts.

Our military leaders, you know, those guys that a lot of people say the president should always shut up, listen to, and obey, recommended a TRICARE fee increase to pay for a portion of the defense cuts.

If this doesn't happen, then something else in our defense budget will have to be cut. Obama apparently does not want those alternative defense budget cuts, but no, lets ignore that, Obama obviously hates soldiers.

BucEyedPea
07-01-2012, 10:48 AM
and of course, everyone conveniently forgets that the Generals recommended this. Why? Because the failure to get a budget deal done last year triggered automatic defense cuts.

Our military leaders, you know, those guys that a lot of people say the president should always shut up, listen to, and obey, recommended a TRICARE fee increase to pay for a portion of the defense cuts.

If this doesn't happen, then something else in our defense budget will have to be cut. Obama apparently does not want those alternative defense budget cuts, but no, lets ignore that, Obama obviously hates soldiers.

We need some defense cuts. I'd rather use that to pay for veteran health care.

Brock
07-01-2012, 10:51 AM

Like these guys feigning outrage give a shit about soldiers anyway.

alnorth
07-01-2012, 10:52 AM
We need some defense cuts. I'd rather use that to pay for veteran health care.

ditto, our defense needs to be a lot smaller than it is now. I'm just pointing this out to people who apparently think Obama demanded fee increases for soldiers just because he's either evil, or to give money away to the poors.

I mean, hell, we just talked about this not that long ago, and this whole "military health care fee increase vs deeper defense cuts" issue came up then, too.

Iz Zat Chew
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
ditto, our defense needs to be a lot smaller than it is now. I'm just pointing this out to people who apparently think Obama demanded fee increases for soldiers just because he's either evil, or to give money away to the poors.

Our military is now smaller than it's been in many years. Why do you want to cut it more? Obama has no use for the military unless it can get him some press, as in the Seal Team kill of OBL. He was buddy buddy with the military for a while. You don't hear much from him now other than he feels the need to charge more for tricare.

The way I understand the policy, those that have tricare earned it by contract, not because the gov is such nice people.

cosmo20002
07-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Obama has no use for the military unless it can get him some press.

The ramblings of a certifiable lunatic.

ClevelandBronco
07-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Are you in the military? Are you a veteran? If not, STFU & STFD! Our vets served and put their lives on hold and their lives in danger to provide you with the freedoms you enjoy...

The freedom to shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down when a veteran enters the conversation? Yeah. Thanks for all that freedom, chief.

JohninGpt
07-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Like these guys feigning outrage give a shit about soldiers anyway.

I'm not feigning shit. I'm retired military and I was promised healthcare if I made a career of the service.
I held up my end of yhe bargain.

Brock
07-01-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm not feigning shit. I'm retired military and I was promised healthcare if I made a career of the service.

I was referring more to the chickenhawk types like the guy who started the thread. In any case, I've been paying into social security for a long time, and guess what, there ain't no guarantee. I probably won't see a dime of it. Not to mention pensions I'm vested in that are being bled out by management. Getting a ratfucking isn't any one group's province.

Iz Zat Chew
07-01-2012, 09:27 PM

The comeback of a mindless liberal.

Why don't you just do like an old dog does. Go away and just don't come back.

cosmo20002
07-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Obama has no use for the military unless it can get him some press

The comeback of a mindless liberal.

There's really no other "comeback" because your statement is just so utterly stupid. What does that really even mean--that he has no use for the military unless it can get him some press?

Iz Zat Chew
07-01-2012, 09:42 PM
There's really no other "comeback" because your statement is just so utterly stupid. What does that really even mean--that he has no use for the military unless it can get him some press?

If my comments cause so much pain, why do you read them? Because you are a stupit fuk that doesn't have the intelligence God gave a gnat.

Go away boy, ya bother me.

ClevelandBronco
07-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Do you have that promise on paper, or did you just understand that that's the deal you made for the rest of your life?

Doesn't matter. Ask a few American Indians about whether the government sometimes just changes its mind and rewrites a contract.

JohninGpt
07-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Do you have that promise on paper, or did you just understand that that's the deal you made for the rest of your life?
Doesn't matter. Ask a few American Indians about whether the government sometimes just changes its mind and rewrites a contract.

Oh...that makes it ok then.

Fuck obama.

CoMoChief
07-02-2012, 06:48 AM
So what Freedoms does the military fight for these days?

Serious question....not trying to bash the military....I just hear that saying a lot.

Because every war we've been in since 9/11 has been on the offensive.

Iz Zat Chew
07-02-2012, 07:15 AM

I doubt that you can prove it's not in writing, be that as it may you also throw the American Incians into the fray. Each American Indian gets a government check every month, they have free health care they have free prescriptions. They might have been cheated in the past but they are on our dime now and there is no chance it's goign away.

As for the goverment sometime changing their mind and rewriting a contract, you need to check out some of the times that happened in the past, the government usually loses the lawsuit and has to renumerate those that lost benefits or money in the deal.

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?page=1&xmldoc=19761812407FSupp1405_11583.xml&docbase=CSLWAR1-1950-1985&SizeDisp=7

Having personal knowledge of about 12 people that were included in the class action above I submit that your initial point about the government changing the rules in them middle of the game does not always stand as the given rule. Of the 12 people I know 12 of them got their money as the government induced them to agree to a known practice and then changed the rules after the fact. In some cases the rules were changed to gain one more year of service from the members to get the money they were promised.