PDA

View Full Version : Obama Seriously, So what's it gonna be?

Calcountry
06-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Seriously, am considering pocketing my premium if Obama gets reelected. I mean, fug it. I will have a year before the penalty kicks in, that is a free 5K. If I get sick, well then fug it, I cannot be denied coverage due to preexisting condition clause, I will just buy insurance if I get sick.

Well now, maintaining continuous and uninterrupted coverage, ALL THESE YEARS, just went for nothing. I paid my bills, and for what? I have been paying the cost shifting for all the free loaders for years, for what?

This is the real deal now folks. My health care coverage is up for renewal in a couple of months. What are you in personnel management going to do now?

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 01:43 PM
If your old you might be denied care though. If you're young go for it. I did that for a number of years because of the rising premiums as the govt meddled more and more with mandates etc.

cosmo20002
06-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Seriously, am considering pocketing my premium if Obama gets reelected. I mean, fug it. I will have a year before the penalty kicks in, that is a free 5K. If I get sick, well then fug it, I cannot be denied coverage due to preexisting condition clause, I will just buy insurance if I get sick.

Well now, maintaining continuous and uninterrupted coverage, ALL THESE YEARS, just went for nothing. I paid my bills, and for what? I have been paying the cost shifting for all the free loaders for years, for what?

This is the real deal now folks. My health care coverage is up for renewal in a couple of months. What are you in personnel management going to do now?

Sounds like a plan. I say go for it. Let us know how it works out.

suzzer99
06-30-2012, 02:01 PM
The republican butthurt. It is epic.

Grow up. Live your life like an adult. Watch less Fox News. You'll be happier all around.

stonedstooge
06-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Sounds like a plan. I say go for it. Let us know how it works out.

Your Medicaid rates aren't effected are they?

cosmo20002
06-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Your Medicaid rates aren't effected are they?

Not on it.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 02:13 PM

Grow up. Live your life like an adult. Watch less Fox News. You'll be happier all around.

It ain't over yet. There's an election and there will be Indies voting. I know some that are angry about this too. Who we elect is what Roberts opinion was about. He agreed with the conservatives on everything else except the tax part. So this gives a club to Mitt Romney. You guys can display your butt-hurt, like cosmos, over his track on this but a 50% chance of a repeal under him is better than no chance under the Liar in Chief and alleged Constitutional scholar who falsely claimed it wasn't a tax. Americans don't like that.

Calcountry
06-30-2012, 02:23 PM

Grow up. Live your life like an adult. Watch less Fox News. You'll be happier all around.And your butt is going to hurt when we decide to quit playing your liberal games.

Pawnmower
06-30-2012, 02:25 PM

You are a liar and a piece of shit....

There is no way you would cancel your insurance.....

WAHHHHHHHH BOOOO HOOOOOOO

Seriously fucking retarded people.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 02:35 PM

Seriously ****ing retarded people.

Why wouldn't he? He's his own employer, as was I. I did it, under Clinton in the 1990s for like 5 years. Everytime my PPO would rise, I'd switch to a less expensive one. Then within months of being on that one, it would go up. I called and was told it was the govt was making them carry more things so they had to pass the costs along. I saved a ton.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 02:35 PM
And your butt is going to hurt when we decide to quit playing your liberal games.

Their butts have been hurt since Hillarycare failed. This ain't over yet.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Obummercare is not going to do what the progressive think. It will deny care to some just as private insurance did. Only the govt picks the winners and losers now.

Calcountry
06-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Obummercare is not going to do what the progressive think. It will deny care to some just as private insurance did. Only the govt picks the winners and losers now.And they call me retarded. The dumb fug can't do shit without his union boss holding his pee pee and telling him how hard to push.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 02:56 PM
And they call me retarded. The dumb fug can't do shit without his union boss holding his pee pee and telling him how hard to push.

Yet, Brock calls people on the right exercising their choices in life where they pay their own way for those choices "losers." Now that's intelligence!

Calcountry
06-30-2012, 03:03 PM

Seriously ****ing retarded people.No dude, this is the real world, a place where obviously don't have to live. It is a place, where I pay for employees soc sec, Medicaid, and now health care, plus I match it on my end.

I actually have to cut a check to the government each month out of my earnings to cover it. I get nothing in return, because those systems do NOT go into a LOCK BOX, like your retarded Union boss told you. They go to pay current accounts, and were considered a TAX, surprise surprise, by the supreme court back in FDR's day. Oh yeah, I read history books. I know all about the shit they pulled on the American people back in the day. The same shit king Obama is trying to pull off now. George Copperopolis schooled the king on the very subject. It must be nice to be able to lie with impunity to the American people, and be afforded all the deference a tyrannical king expects. Congressman Wilson had it right, "YOU LIE!!!" Long live King Hussein.

Chiefshrink
06-30-2012, 03:06 PM

And be a 99% er like you, uh?:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
06-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Obummercare is not going to do what the progressive think. It will deny care to some just as private insurance did. Only the govt picks the winners and losers now.

And this was my point to Chris Meck in his thread:thumb:

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 03:09 PM
No dude, this is the real world, a place where obviously don't have to live. It is a place, where I pay for employees soc sec, Medicaid, and now health care, plus I match it on my end.

I actually have to cut a check to the government each month out of my earnings to cover it. I get nothing in return, because those systems do NOT go into a LOCK BOX, like your retarded Union boss told you. They go to pay current accounts, and were considered a TAX, surprise surprise, by the supreme court back in FDR's day. Oh yeah, I read history books. I know all about the shit they pulled on the American people back in the day. The same shit king Obama is trying to pull off now. George Copperopolis schooled the king on the very subject. It must be nice to be able to lie with impunity to the American people, and be afforded all the deference a tyrannical king expects. Congressman Wilson had it right, "YOU LIE!!!" Long live King Hussein.

Well said. I suspect pawnmower is just an employee somewhere without the guts to start his own company and employ others. No wonder the economy sucks and there's no jobs. No wonder he called you a "piece of shit." He'd whine plenty if someone attacked him. I've seen him do it.

Chiefshrink
06-30-2012, 03:11 PM
It ain't over yet. There's an election and there will be Indies voting. I know some that are angry about this too. Who we elect is what Roberts opinion was about. He agreed with the conservatives on everything else except the tax part. So this gives a club to Mitt Romney. You guys can display your butt-hurt, like cosmos, over his track on this but a 50% chance of a repeal under him is better than no chance under the Liar in Chief and alleged Constitutional scholar who falsely claimed it wasn't a tax. Americans don't like that.

THIS !!! Don't get discouraged Cal my man !!! "We The People" have tried playing by the rules BUT ...........

GAME ON NOW !!!:thumb:

Chiefshrink
06-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Well said. I suspect pawnmower is just an employee somewhere without the guts to start his own company and employ others. No wonder the economy sucks and there's no jobs. No wonder he called you a "piece of shit." He'd whine plenty if someone attacked him. I've seen him do it.

It's just frustration that gets the best of us at times.

Calcountry
06-30-2012, 03:20 PM
It's just frustration that gets the best of us at times.Dude, I am not the only one. There are a few of us lost souls out here in cal, who have had enough.

I have said it before, I would rather die, with no health care, a free man, than live wit King Hussein I The Merciful's endowment of health security, with the boot of his taxes and other regulations pressing on my neck.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Dude, I am not the only one. There are a few of us lost souls out here in cal, who have had enough.

I have said it before, I would rather die, with no health care, a free man, than live wit King Hussein I The Merciful's endowment of health security, with the boot of his taxes and other regulations pressing on my neck.
If I get something serious, I don't know if I'd fight it either. Better to just die free.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 03:37 PM
LMAO I just saw Walter Block post this at Lew's. Block teaches economics at Loyola.

Dependency
Posted by Walter Block on June 30, 2012 02:00 PM

The SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)/Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be
distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever, spending hundreds of thousands of tax (your money) dollars advertising to increase the use of food stamps.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed The Animals." They say that this is because the animals may grow dependent on handouts and not learn to take care of themselves.

Hmmmm. Think we could get the Dept of Interior to talk with the Dept. of Agriculture….naw!

Chiefshrink
06-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Dude, I am not the only one. There are a few of us lost souls out here in cal, who have had enough.

Ohhhhhh I get your point and probably would do the same.:thumb:

|Zach|
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
You're all talk.

Chiefshrink
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
LMAO I just saw Walter Block post this at Lew's. Block teaches economics at Loyola.

I used this same analogy months back and got fried by the Libs on this board but not surprising though.

cosmo20002
07-01-2012, 07:47 PM

If I get something serious, I don't know if I'd fight it either. Better to just die free.

Ohhhhhh I get your point and probably would do the same.:thumb:

What a load of BS. Lemme guess--you all refuse to drive on the interstate system as well.

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 12:55 AM
No dude, this is the real world,

No this is the internet, where a LIAR like you can pretend he will cancel his insurance because he is a pussy ass drama queen.

Why would you cancel your insurance anyway? You'd rather pay the fine? I mean you ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE, right?

You are so fucking stupid it hurts.

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 12:59 AM

I guarantee I have employed more people over the last 10 years than you have.....I have had my own business for many years and I haven't worked for anyone in any capacity other than consultant or side jobs in YEARS.

You are just some fat piece of shit on welfare....how in the **** else do you have 40k posts on a NON divisional team........How many other ****ign NFL pages do you have this many posts on....And you want us to believe you employ people?

I probably pay more in taxes than you make every year.

Iz Zat Chew
07-02-2012, 08:34 AM

Your insurance changes in the middle of the year? I've never heard of it being anything but on the calendar year.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 08:49 AM
What a load of BS. Lemme guess--you all refuse to drive on the interstate system as well.

Hardly ever.

Then again that's apples and oranges as one as health is a private matter and the other a public structure. You probably don't even know that private companies were building and owned roads and turnpikes long before our govt monopolized those and crowded out private development.

Ace Gunner
07-02-2012, 08:52 AM

I was of the same mindset until a few weeks ago, when I walked into the emergency room and just a few hours later, was in surgery. I am not going to cancel.

jiveturkey
07-02-2012, 08:55 AM
This exact same scenario came up during a conversation last night with friends.

The penalty definitely looks better than current insurance rates and I can understand the desire to want to pay less.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-is-the-obamacare-penalty-tax-2012-7

Here's the catch IMO. It's not a matter of getting cancer and then calling Blue Cross the next day and getting on a plan. It's matter of getting hit by a car and being unconscious in a hospital for 2 weeks and having multiple surgeries. How are you going to call and get on a plan? They can't deny you coverage for a preexisting condition but they don't have to pay for injuries that occurred prior to being covered.

In this scenario the gamble will cost most people just about everything they have.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 08:57 AM
The penalty definitely looks better than current insurance rates and I can understand the desire to want to pay less.

The begs the question: Why is it called a penalty?

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 09:12 AM
The begs the question: Why is it called a penalty?

The same reason it is called a penalty in Boston, where they have Romney Care...

It is a penalty because you can avoid it by getting Health Insurance or proving that you can't afford health insurance.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HymUU7OADbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

InChiefsHell
07-02-2012, 09:16 AM
The same reason it is called a penalty in Boston, where they have Romney Care...

It is a penalty because you can avoid it by getting Health Insurance or proving that you can't afford health insurance.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HymUU7OADbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tell it to the judge. It's a fuckin' tax.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 09:23 AM

I already know that. My question and what it was directed to is over your head as usual.

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I already know that. My question and what it was directed to is over your head as usual.

Oh sure...

NEENER NEENER PUMPKIN EATER

DOO DOO HEAD

Jesus fucking christ you are an imbecile

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh sure...

DOO DOO HEAD

Jesus ****ing christ you are an imbecile

More evidence of your poor reading skills. No wonder you chronically use strawman arguments.

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 09:50 AM
More evidence of your poor reading skills. No wonder you chronically use strawman arguments.

Look you stupid fat bitch, you asked a question...I answered it....then as usual you say "OH I ALREADY KNEW THE ANSWER, I WAS JUST MAKING A HIGHER MORE IMPORTANT POINT"

Give it up. You are a pathetic moron.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Look you stupid fat bitch, you asked a question...I answered it....then as usual you say "OH I ALREADY KNEW THE ANSWER, I WAS JUST MAKING A HIGHER MORE IMPORTANT POINT"

I hit a nerve huh?

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 09:57 AM
I hit a nerve huh?

Yes...By constantly wriggling out of any direct argument, ignoring facts, repeating the words 'straw man' like you actually have any clue if it is even the right fallacy, and by cutting and pasting words and ideas that you haven't the foggiest idea of their meaning.....

Oh but let me guess, you already knew that and weren't really asking.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Did you say something?

Probably just talking about yourself again.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 12:33 PM
No this is the internet, where a LIAR like you can pretend he will cancel his insurance because he is a pussy ass drama queen.

Why would you cancel your insurance anyway? You'd rather pay the fine? I mean you ALREADY HAVE INSURANCE, right?

You are so ****ing stupid it hurts.If the fine is less than the premiums I am paying, I wouldn't be stupid, but rational, acting to serve my self interests. Something dipshits like you cannot and will never figure out. People behave rationally, and act in their own self interests.

Yes, I am stupid. When a dipshit like you cannot even remember that the Supreme court, in order to MAKE this law constitutional tripped over itself to call the "penalty", a tax, then you tell me I am paying the "penalty". No, I would be paying a TAX bitch. I would be paying the tax with the savings from my premiums. Or are you too stupid to get it.

There will be millions more decisions made like this by rational business owners interested in protecting their self interests. It is what rational people do.

YOu are so ignorant and blinded by your cult worship of Obama, that you cannot pull your head out of your ass long enough to see this.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Your insurance changes in the middle of the year? I've never heard of it being anything but on the calendar year.I guess I must be stupid.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 12:37 PM
This exact same scenario came up during a conversation last night with friends.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-is-the-obamacare-penalty-tax-2012-7

Here's the catch IMO. It's not a matter of getting cancer and then calling Blue Cross the next day and getting on a plan. It's matter of getting hit by a car and being unconscious in a hospital for 2 weeks and having multiple surgeries. How are you going to call and get on a plan? They can't deny you coverage for a preexisting condition but they don't have to pay for injuries that occurred prior to being covered.

In this scenario the gamble will cost most people just about everything they have.Couldn't you just up your coverage on your auto plan to cover this eventuality?

stonedstooge
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Why don't they just put it on the ballot in November? Let the people decide?

jiveturkey
07-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Couldn't you just up your coverage on your auto plan to cover this eventuality?

You're walking through a cross walk and an illegal immigrant runs you over and then takes off.

There's a lot of different scenarios.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Oh sure...

DOO DOO HEAD

Jesus ****ing christ you are an imbecileThat's all you got, isn't it? Just call your intellectual opponents "Stupid" when you don't have anything left in the tank.

:shake:

Your lack of breadth and depth and intellectual vacuousness is breathtaking in it's suckage of oxygen out of the room.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Give it up. You are a pathetic moron.Again, that is all you got, name calling.

BucEyedPea
That's all you got, isn't it? Just call your intellectual opponents "Stupid" when you don't have anything left in the tank.

:shake:

Your lack of breadth and depth and intellectual vacuousness is breathtaking in it's suckage of oxygen out of the room.

:thumb:

Iz Zat Chew
I guess I must be stupid. I've never been part of a company that allows you to change in the middle of the year. Apparently they are out there.

I wouldn't claim to be stupid, there are plenty of others around here that seem to have claimed that title with their posts.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Why don't they just put it on the ballot in November? Let the people decide?

The election will still be a referendum on it.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 12:46 PM
The election will still be a referendum on it.That chicken shit Roberts said as much. He punted the decision to the American people.

Well, Herm's law, "every drive that ends in a kick is a successful drive" lives.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 12:47 PM
That chicken shit Roberts said as much. He punted the decision to the American people.

Well, Herm's law, "every drive that ends in a kick is a successful drive" lives.

Not saying I like it. Maybe, he wanted to get Romney elected. That would really be funny on the left if it was then repealed.

In the meantime, fax your congressmen and senate to vote for repeal before the election to get Ds on record for not doing so.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Not saying I like it. Maybe, he wanted to get Romney elected. That would really be funny on the left if it was then repealed.

In the meantime, fax your congressmen and senate to vote for repeal before the election to get Ds on record for not doing so.The Boxer rebellion, not a chance, I wouldn't waste my time. Frankenstein, she's pissed at Obama the merciful for his leakage, but, like all good jack boots they click there heals together when it comes time to vote. So why bother?

Taxation without representation is a bitch.

vailpass
07-02-2012, 01:26 PM
obama the Great Uniter has sure brought out the ugly in people.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 01:30 PM
The Boxer rebellion, not a chance, I wouldn't waste my time. Frankenstein, she's pissed at Obama the merciful for his leakage, but, like all good jack boots they click there heals together when it comes time to vote. So why bother?

Taxation without representation is a bitch.

That's the whole point though—is to get Boxer on record about the bill. This can be used against Democrats Obama for the election since it's unpopular. I mean Obama will still veto it and they don't have the votes to override.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
That's the whole point though—is to get Boxer on record about the bill. This can be used against Democrats Obama for the election since it's unpopular. I mean Obama will still veto it and they don't have the votes to override.La única manera que podemos derrotar Boxer en las próximas elecciones, es nombrar a un republicano de hablando española.

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
La única manera que podemos derrotar Boxer en las próximas elecciones, es nombrar a un republicano de hablando española.

Translate please.

mlyonsd
07-02-2012, 01:49 PM
obama the Great Uniter has sure brought out the ugly in people.He inherited a big mess. It's all Bush's fault.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Translate please.The only way we are going to defeat Boxer/Feinstein, whatever. is to nominate a Republican that speaks Spanish.

Iz Zat Chew
07-02-2012, 02:07 PM
The only way we are going to defeat Boxer/Feinstein, whatever. is to nominate a Republican that speaks Spanish.You could always send GTKP after them.

vailpass
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
He inherited a big mess. It's all Bush's fault.

Oh yes, so I've been told. obama apologists invoke the Wookie defense often. Bad enough he's married to one, he has to hide behind one as well.

Der Flöprer
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Funny I just read this thread. We're getting insurance with my employer beginning Jan. 1 and my exact comment was "It depends on who gets elected" when asked if I'd be getting insured. I don't think Obama can lose, and frankly, I don't give a shit. The hyperbole, and fear politics don't affect me one oz. They're both the same fucker, just like the last time, and the time before it. But I do know that the health care thing is going to be the biggest issue of the election, so that is the only decision I need to make based on the outcome of who wins in November.

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Again, that is all you got, name calling.

There's not much left to do when the other person is not telling the truth and intentionally making shit up.

How about this:

WHEN YOU ACTUALLY CANCEL YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE BECAUSE OF OBAMA, POST IN THIS THREAD AND EXPLAIN WHY. UNTIL THEN YOU ARE A LIAR.

vailpass
07-02-2012, 03:19 PM
There's not much left to do when the other person is not telling the truth and intentionally making shit up.

How about this:

WHEN YOU ACTUALLY CANCEL YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE BECAUSE OF OBAMA, POST IN THIS THREAD AND EXPLAIN WHY. UNTIL THEN YOU ARE A LIAR.

It seems that the no pre-exisiting conditions clause coupled with the lack of penalty incentive would cause a lot of people to forgo monthly premiums in favor of just in time insurance.

I've been looking for provisions that will prevent this but haven't seen any. Are you aware of pieces of the health care law that will keep people from waiting until they are sick to buy health insurance?

Ace Gunner
07-02-2012, 03:21 PM

You should just type in all caps from now on.

vailpass
07-02-2012, 03:47 PM
It seems that the no pre-exisiting conditions clause coupled with the lack of penalty incentive would cause a lot of people to forgo monthly premiums in favor of just in time insurance.

I've been looking for provisions that will prevent this but haven't seen any. Are you aware of pieces of the health care law that will keep people from waiting until they are sick to buy health insurance?

Anyone? I"m not baiting here, looking for honest input.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 03:53 PM

How about this:

WHEN YOU ACTUALLY CANCEL YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE BECAUSE OF OBAMA, POST IN THIS THREAD AND EXPLAIN WHY. UNTIL THEN YOU ARE A LIAR.The reason that I started this thread, was to help me synthesize a rational decision.

No, I think that saying that something isn't a tax, when the supreme court said it was a tax, is lying.

You have a real problem with the truth, don't you.

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
No, I think that saying that something isn't a tax, when the supreme court said it was a tax, is lying.

You have a real problem with the truth, don't you.

When did I say it wasn't a tax?

Romney said it wasn't a tax...Obama said it wasn't a tax...

I have said it is a tax....the only loophole that could possibly be used to say it isn't a tax is because it can be avoided by simply having insurance....so technically, that is how people can get away with calling it an assessment or fee.

In my mind, it doesn't really matter what you call it....I'm ok with calling it a tax or whatever....

I was just trying to point out the Hypocrisy of both sides, calling it a tax when it is convenient to attack their opponents, and calling it a fee when it is convenient to defend...

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Funny I just read this thread. We're getting insurance with my employer beginning Jan. 1 and my exact comment was "It depends on who gets elected" when asked if I'd be getting insured. I don't think Obama can lose, and frankly, I don't give a shit. The hyperbole, and fear politics don't affect me one oz. They're both the same ****er, just like the last time, and the time before it. But I do know that the health care thing is going to be the biggest issue of the election, so that is the only decision I need to make based on the outcome of who wins in November.Healthcare is a very big coefficient in the performance of the overall economy. It affects decisions that have to be made concerning new hires, or even firing or laying off folks.

Now that there is more certainty, there is only the uncertainty of the outcome of the election to wait for. Businesses will adjust their game plans after the election one way or another, but don't expect things to get any better before then, this turkey is already in the oven.

Calcountry
07-02-2012, 04:00 PM
When did I say it wasn't a tax?

Romney said it wasn't a tax...Obama said it wasn't a tax...

I have said it is a tax....the only loophole that could possibly be used to say it isn't a tax is because it can be avoided by simply having insurance....so technically, that is how people can get away with calling it an assessment or fee.

In my mind, it doesn't really matter what you call it....I'm ok with calling it a tax or whatever....

I was just trying to point out the Hypocrisy of both sides, calling it a tax when it is convenient to attack their opponents, and calling it a fee when it is convenient to defend...I just remember Obama raising that skinny finger of his, like Osama, and saying this sound bite over and over again: "Vote for me, and you will get a MIDDLE CLASS TAX CUT!"

Who's the liar?

BucEyedPea
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
For those who think they're really going to get actual care: :shake:

Writes Ed Smith:

When we file our annual income tax returns in Massachusetts, there's a multi-page form on which we're required to specify the type of medical insurance we have, whether or not our coverage is "substantially compliant" (which the insurance plans have to tell us by sending us an annual form) and then, if our coverage isn't "substantially compliant," another form, with a lengthy worksheet, to compute the penalty tax which turns out to be a function of "Modified Massachusetts Adjusted Income"—the computation of which requires the filling out of another lengthy worksheet after adjusting for various deductions and credits (the computation of which requires yet a third worksheet).

At a dinner party this past Friday evening, I was chatting with a physician friend, a family/primary care physician. I asked him how his practice has been faring under Romneycare and what he thought of Obamacare. He told me that since Romneycare came on board, he and his colleagues, in their office practice, can only hope to make ends meet on volume, scheduling five to ten minute routine appointments, twenty minutes for "serious cases," and annual physicals (which take fifteen minutes) booked up to six months in advance. From 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. each day, he and his staff sit down to attend to paperwork.

Has Romney care led to cost reductions and better care for patients, I asked him. No way, he told me. It's only been better for the insurance companies. What about Obamacare? He rolled his eyes. "We've been sold a bill of goods." He and his family live modestly. He's certainly not getting rich from his medical practice. His wife works to make ends meet. She's a nurse. At your office? I asked him. No, at one of the public clinics where she does better than she could do at his practice, "no fooling."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/114898.html

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 06:48 PM

The only thing in the law I am aware of is that the penalties for going without insurance will go up. At first it is about 100 bucks for an individual or 300 bux for a family, then it goes up year by year.....

The other thing would be if you cancelled your insurance, and then had a medical emergency requiring an ambulance and hospital stay, it could be that you could rack up tens or even a hundred thousand dollars very quickly...that might not be worth it to some people....

Also, if you don't have health insurance, you have to pay out of pocket for all your medicine....

I could be wrong, but I do not think you will be seeing a mass exodus by people who already have insurance, to then pay a fine/tax/fee to try and save money for a few years.

I'm sure there will be a few people who do this, but the millions of additional people who get coverage would offset any effect on the insurance pool....I don't think it is a significant problem......And surely, after a few years the fee/tax can be looked at or adjusted to prevent this kind of abuse.

Pawnmower
07-02-2012, 06:52 PM
For those who think they're really going to get actual care:

At a dinner party this past Friday evening, I was chatting with a physician friend, a family/primary care physician. I asked him how his practice has been faring under Romneycare and what he thought of Obamacare...... he and his colleagues, in their office practice, can only hope to make ends meet

LOL...

Guys, I was hitting the links the other day...and I asked my doctor how he was managing under Romney care...the doctor pulled out his $500 Ping #1 Wood ....then BLASTED the ball....looked at me with a frown and told me he didn't know how he was going to manage what with all of the dinner parties and golf....

cosmo20002
07-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Funny I just read this thread. We're getting insurance with my employer beginning Jan. 1 and my exact comment was "It depends on who gets elected" when asked if I'd be getting insured. I don't think Obama can lose, and frankly, I don't give a shit. The hyperbole, and fear politics don't affect me one oz. They're both the same ****er, just like the last time, and the time before it. But I do know that the health care thing is going to be the biggest issue of the election, so that is the only decision I need to make based on the outcome of who wins in November.

What is the thought process here?

HonestChieffan
07-02-2012, 09:20 PM
LOL...

Guys, I was hitting the links the other day...and I asked my doctor how he was managing under Romney care...the doctor pulled out his $500 Ping #1 Wood ....then BLASTED the ball....looked at me with a frown and told me he didn't know how he was going to manage what with all of the dinner parties and golf....

Right. I believe this bullshit

vailpass
07-03-2012, 09:34 AM
The only thing in the law I am aware of is that the penalties for going without insurance will go up. At first it is about 100 bucks for an individual or 300 bux for a family, then it goes up year by year.....

The other thing would be if you cancelled your insurance, and then had a medical emergency requiring an ambulance and hospital stay, it could be that you could rack up tens or even a hundred thousand dollars very quickly...that might not be worth it to some people....

Also, if you don't have health insurance, you have to pay out of pocket for all your medicine....

I could be wrong, but I do not think you will be seeing a mass exodus by people who already have insurance, to then pay a fine/tax/fee to try and save money for a few years.

I'm sure there will be a few people who do this, but the millions of additional people who get coverage would offset any effect on the insurance pool....I don't think it is a significant problem......And surely, after a few years the fee/tax can be looked at or adjusted to prevent this kind of abuse.

The penalty is not going to be heavily enforced according to reports from the court and the administration.

Even if it were, the penalty is negligible compared to monthly premiums. So what is to stop someone from not paying them until they find out they are sick? There are no pre-existing condition clauses.

Is there going to be a waiting period from the time of application until people can obtain insurance? BRC says you will have to provide proof of continuous insurance. Doesn't that prevent a large percentage of poor people from ever obtaining insurance? I'm not saying there isn't a provision in place to prevent just in time insurance buying. I just haven't seen it yet and would like to know if anyone has.

Amnorix
07-03-2012, 09:40 AM

Now you're just projecting.

Next will come the deflection. Then you will strawman again. Lew Rockwell told me how you RINO Neo-Con Socialist Communists argue and he's right EVERY time.

Pawnmower
07-03-2012, 09:46 AM
The penalty is not going to be heavily enforced according to reports from the court and the administration.

Even if it were, the penalty is negligible compared to monthly premiums. So what is to stop someone from not paying them until they find out they are sick? There are no pre-existing condition clauses.

I don't think either of these things is correct....If you can afford health insurance, you will have to pay the penalty. The only way you get out of it is if you can't afford insurance....And since we are discussing people CANCELLING their existing policies, we are talking about folks who already have insurance...thus who clearly can afford it.

I agree at FIRST the penalties are negligible.....but in several years they ramp up to the point where they are not negligible....I know this is a matter of opinion, and I don't have the exact numbers right now..(am off to work) but I think in a few years it is something like 2000 a year. Also, businesses with more than 50 employees get hit very hard by a penalty so it gives any large business pressure to help insure their employees.

Amnorix
07-03-2012, 09:46 AM
For those who think they're really going to get actual care: :shake:

When we file our annual income tax returns in Massachusetts, there's a multi-page form on which we're required to specify the type of medical insurance we have, whether or not our coverage is "substantially compliant" (which the insurance plans have to tell us by sending us an annual form) and then, if our coverage isn't "substantially compliant," another form, with a lengthy worksheet, to compute the penalty tax which turns out to be a function of "Modified Massachusetts Adjusted Income"—the computation of which requires the filling out of another lengthy worksheet after adjusting for various deductions and credits (the computation of which requires yet a third worksheet).

This part is total bullshit. The form is not at all difficult to fill out for the vast majority of filers with typical medical insurance.

Pawnmower
07-03-2012, 09:49 AM
This part is total bullshit. The form is not at all difficult to fill out for the vast majority of filers with typical medical insurance.

Totally....30 seconds of research should show anyone who is not a brain dead moron that in Mass., Romneycare is an amazing success and covers like 98+% of people, and the majority of people there really love it.

If the one complaint is that the form is too difficult to fill out....well...that is just stupid IMO.

BucEyedPea
07-03-2012, 09:50 AM

Florida is refusing to set up the exchanges. There are a few others too.

Pawnmower
07-03-2012, 09:51 AM

That has nothing to do with what he is talking about.

What planet are you on?

BucEyedPea
07-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Right. I believe this bullshit

Especially when he claims to be living in California.

vailpass
07-03-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't think either of these things is correct....If you can afford health insurance, you will have to pay the penalty. The only way you get out of it is if you can't afford insurance....And since we are discussing people CANCELLING their existing policies, we are talking about folks who already have insurance...thus who clearly can afford it.

I agree at FIRST the penalties are negligible.....but in several years they ramp up to the point where they are not negligible....I know this is a matter of opinion, and I don't have the exact numbers right now..(am off to work) but I think in a few years it is something like 2000 a year. Also, businesses with more than 50 employees get hit very hard by a penalty so it gives any large business pressure to help insure their employees.

I found this instructive:

How Health Law's Taxes, Penalties Will Be Enforced

June 29, 2012
MELISSA BLOCK, HOST:

We're going to try to break down now just what those penalties will be for those who don't buy health insurance. The Congressional Budget Office projects in the year 2016 four million people will pay the penalty. I'm joined now by Timothy Jost. He's law professor at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, and he's been looking into these numbers. We should say, Professor Jost, first off, you are also a supporter of the Affordable Care Act, right?

TIMOTHY JOST: That's correct, yes.

BLOCK: Well, let's talk about these penalties. They're phasing in; they're going to be fully in place by 2016. So in that year, what's the penalty for an individual who does not but health insurance?

JOST: Well, it will be the greater of $695 or 2.5 percent of that person's income above the tax filing limit, which in that year will probably be something like $10,000 for an individual. Now, if the penalty is for a family, it will be twice that for a couple - or rather, twice the $695 amount - and then, again, half as much for each child, up to a total of three times that amount so that the largest penalty you could face would be three times $695 or 2.5 percent of income.

BLOCK: So there is a cap? There's an upper limit?

JOST: There's a cap, and actually beyond that there's another cap. You can never be charged more than a health insurance policy would cost you, so you always have the option of just buying a health insurance policy.

BLOCK: And that would be about how much? What are they figuring there?

JOST: You know, we're talking about several years hence, but I think that the family policy would probably be about $15,000. We're talking about a very basic, what's called a bronze level policy, a very basic, high deductible policy.

BLOCK: The penalties are going to be administered through the IRS. How is that going to work?

JOST: Well, you'll just file your return at the end of the year and there'll be a box saying, did you have qualifying health insurance? And, if you did, then you'll just breeze on from there. If you didn't, then you'll be asked to add the penalty onto your taxes.

BLOCK: And, if you were to say, I'm not going to pay the penalty, what happens? What's the enforcement mechanism?

JOST: Well, if you were expecting a refund, they will deduct it from your refund. If you were not expecting a refund, then there's not much they can do to you. The statute prohibits them from imposing criminal penalties. It prohibits them from levying against your property. It prohibits them from putting a lien on your property. It would just remain an outstanding obligation to the IRS.

BLOCK: But they could automatically take that money out of a refund if somebody were getting a refund?

JOST: There are no rules on this yet, but that's the expectation. It's an obligation that you owe to the IRS and, in that sense, it's treated like any other obligation.

BLOCK: We should say that there are a number of people who will not be buying health insurance who also will not be subjected to this penalty. Right?

JOST: That's correct. Basically, the most important exemption is that if you can not find a basic health insurance policy for less than eight percent of your income, you won't owe the penalty. And so, unless you're getting help from the government or unless you're getting help from your employer, if you're buying health insurance with your own money, you're going to have to have a significant income before you're going to owe the penalty and it's estimated that only one or two percent of the population is going to be subject to the penalty in that way.

BLOCK: Professor Jost, thanks so much for talking with us.

JOST: Thank you very much.

BLOCK: That's Timothy Jost, law professor at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia.

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST:

There's a lot to digest about the health care law, confusing numbers, confusing regulations, questions like what goes into effect when? How will the health insurance exchanges work? Will costs go up? Down?

BLOCK: Well, we want to hear your specific questions about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and how it could affect your life going forward. To write to us, please go to NPR.org and click on Contact Us and put Health Care Question in the subject line. We'll get you some answers on the air next week.

http://www.npr.org/2012/06/29/156005219/how-health-laws-taxes-penalties-will-be-enforced

Pawnmower
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Especially when he claims to be living in California.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Wow...

You really are dumb...

vailpass
07-03-2012, 09:57 AM

In cases where the state refuses to set up the exchange the Federal government will step in and do so.

Pawnmower
07-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I found this instructive:

How Health Law's Taxes, Penalties Will Be Enforced

There will always be loopholes....Most people get tax refunds, that is how it will be enforced.

I personally think the number of people who aren't getting a refund but CAN afford health insurance but CHOOSE not to get it for them and their families is going to be a minuscule number.

Put it this way, what population do you think is higher - the above population of people who could buy health insurnace , choose not to, but dont get a tax refund and so do not pay the penalty

or

people who dont get health insurance now, but use the emergency room and don't pay for it....leaving YOU and ME and everyone else with the bill and rising costs...

vailpass
07-03-2012, 10:10 AM
There will always be loopholes....Most people get tax refunds, that is how it will be enforced.

I personally think the number of people who aren't getting a refund but CAN afford health insurance but CHOOSE not to get it for them and their families is going to be a minuscule number.

Put it this way, what population do you think is higher - the above population of people who could buy health insurnace , choose not to, but dont get a tax refund and so do not pay the penalty

or

people who dont get health insurance now, but use the emergency room and don't pay for it....leaving YOU and ME and everyone else with the bill and rising costs...

I don't get tax refunds. Why let the government use your money interest free?
If you can't get to a situation where you don't get a refund you need to hire a new tax attorney.

Then there is this block of the population:

We should say that there are a number of people who will not be buying health insurance who also will not be subjected to this penalty. Right?

JOST: That's correct. Basically, the most important exemption is that if you can not find a basic health insurance policy for less than eight percent of your income, you won't owe the penalty. And so, unless you're getting help from the government or unless you're getting help from your employer, if you're buying health insurance with your own money, you're going to have to have a significant income before you're going to owe the penalty and it's estimated that only one or two percent of the population is going to be subject to the penalty in that way.

BucEyedPea
07-03-2012, 10:10 AM
In cases where the state refuses to set up the exchange the Federal government will step in and do so.

They're not doing it because they think Romney is going to win. At least for now.

I still say, bring back nullification. It's a valid doctrine. Let's see how fascist the progressives turn out to be if that ever happens again. Not only that but the SC does not have jurisdiction on tax issues until a tax operating and this doesn't kick in until 2014. This was supposed to be a commerce issue. No one expected it to turn into a tax issue, especially by Obama's side who used a bait and switch.

vailpass
07-03-2012, 10:13 AM
They're not doing it because they think Romney is going to win. At least for now.

And in the case of LA because it wouldn't look very good for Jindahl to be setting up exchanges if he ends up being Romney's running mate.

BucEyedPea
07-03-2012, 10:14 AM
And in the case of LA because it wouldn't look very good for Jindahl to be setting up exchanges if he ends up being Romney's running mate.

Plus there's that Medicaid part too. The left didn't win that one.

Backwards Masking
07-03-2012, 10:20 AM
if the penalty is for a family, it will be twice that for a couple - or rather, twice the $695 amount - and then, again, half as much for each child

why is it half as much for each child? doesn't a broken arm cost as much to fix on a kid as it does for an adult? or is our system forcing people that wrapped up and took the pill to help the people that didnt wrap up or take the pill out against their will just a little bit more?

More responsibility to the responsible, less responsibility to the irresponsible.

vailpass
07-03-2012, 10:24 AM
why is it half as much for each child? doesn't a broken arm cost as much to fix on a kid as it does for an adult? or is our system forcing people that wrapped up and took the pill to help the people that didnt wrap up or take the pill out against their will just a little bit more?

More responsibility to the responsible, less responsibility to the irresponsible.

A society that doesn't care first for it's children is no society at all.

Amnorix
07-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Totally....30 seconds of research should show anyone who is not a brain dead moron that in Mass., Romneycare is an amazing success and covers like 98+% of people, and the majority of people there really love it.

If the one complaint is that the form is too difficult to fill out....well...that is just stupid IMO.

Now, now, don't exaggerate...

....it's 97%.

:D

Amnorix
07-03-2012, 12:44 PM
JOST: Well, if you were expecting a refund, they will deduct it from your refund. If you were not expecting a refund, then there's not much they can do to you. The statute prohibits them from imposing criminal penalties. It prohibits them from levying against your property. It prohibits them from putting a lien on your property. It would just remain an outstanding obligation to the IRS.
[/url]

This is the precise stuff that the Yale Law Professor was relying on in his article when he stated that it is freaking OBVIOUSLY a tax. The only penalty is that the IRS can reduce your tax refund. That's a tax.

And I don't give a damn if Obama or any other Democrat calls it one or not. A "fee" that the IRS collects by reducing your tax refund is a fucking tax.

Amnorix
07-03-2012, 12:47 PM

I still say, bring back nullification. It's a valid doctrine. Let's see how fascist the progressives turn out to be if that ever happens again. Not only that but the SC does not have jurisdiction on tax issues until a tax operating and this doesn't kick in until 2014. This was supposed to be a commerce issue. No one expected it to turn into a tax issue, especially by Obama's side who used a bait and switch.

1828 called. It wants its issues back again.

Even Madison said nullification wasn't valid, proving that your hero worship of the Founders is as selective as your memory and your ability to write a coherent sentence.

Amnorix
07-03-2012, 12:55 PM

It's still mind-boggling to me that the Republicans picked the ONE candidate who really has no ability at all to legitimately attack Obamacare. He WILL attack it of course, but it's a joke given his involvement here in Massachusetts.

Reality is often stranger than fiction.

Calcountry
07-03-2012, 12:59 PM

I'm sure there will be a few people who do this, but the millions of additional people who get coverage would offset any effect on the insurance pool....I don't think it is a significant problem......And surely, after a few years the fee/tax can be looked at or adjusted to prevent this kind of abuse.Yes yes, we must tax big macs to prevent unneccessary abuse of the health care dispensary. we must mandate that you eat broccoli peas and arugula, otherwise you pay a tax. I am going to love living in this shithole of a country.

|Zach|
07-03-2012, 01:03 PM
I am going to love living in this shithole of a country.

And here since '08 you said you were "done with it" of course we know you just love to talk so it doesn't mean anything.

Johnny Vegas
07-03-2012, 01:04 PM

In the meantime, fax your congressmen and senate to vote for repeal before the election to get Ds on record for not doing so.

I would, but my Senators are John Tester and Max Baucus. :usa:

Calcountry
07-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Now you're just projecting.

Next will come the deflection. Then you will strawman again. Lew Rockwell told me how you RINO Neo-Con Socialist Communists argue and he's right EVERY time.LMAO

Calcountry
07-03-2012, 01:08 PM
I would, but my Senators are John Tester and Max Baucus. :usa:Isn't Testicle up for election this time? Montana is a red state, you should definitely make your voice known.

Further, you should campaign against Testicle, to remove him from his nutsack.

Calcountry
07-03-2012, 01:10 PM
And here since '08 you said you were "done with it" of course we know you just love to talk so it doesn't mean anything.What's the matter bitch, trolling for some lulz?

No thanks. Get your lulz somewhere else, I have serious things to deal with.

|Zach|
07-03-2012, 01:12 PM
What's the matter bitch, trolling for some lulz?

No thanks. Get your lulz somewhere else, I have serious things to deal with.

Not trolling at all. Just wondering why you say things just to emote and be a drama queen. BAWWW IM DONE WITH THIS COUNTRY BAWWW THIS COUNTRY IS A SHITHOLE

Yet here you are.

Calcountry
07-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Not trolling at all. Just wondering why you say things just to emote and be a drama queen. BAWWW IM DONE WITH THIS COUNTRY BAWWW THIS COUNTRY IS A SHITHOLE

Yet here you are.Doing my best to change and preserve it. I seem to be failing at the moment, and that kind of sucks, since I am use to success.

Johnny Vegas
07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Isn't Testicle up for election this time? Montana is a red state, you should definitely make your voice known.

Further, you should campaign against Testicle, to remove him from his nutsack.

I hope to the mighty heavens that he's out this November. Denny Rehberg (R) is the only one trying to take Tester's job. Rehberg's land grabbing is the only thing I don't like about him. I don't like the fact that Montana would forfeit millions of acres to the Dept. of Homeland Security for them to fence off the area and use it for operating bases working with drones and surveillance equipment.

Chief Henry
07-03-2012, 02:08 PM
The tax/penalty will be cheaper than the premium, MANY employers will be opting for the
tax/penalty very soon (depending the November elections) of course. Wait until school districts and colleges stop that health inusrance benefit and watch the NEA members have a fucking COW.

vailpass
07-03-2012, 02:42 PM
This is the precise stuff that the Yale Law Professor was relying on in his article when he stated that it is freaking OBVIOUSLY a tax. The only penalty is that the IRS can reduce your tax refund. That's a tax.

And I don't give a damn if Obama or any other Democrat calls it one or not. A "fee" that the IRS collects by reducing your tax refund is a ****ing tax.

Heh. Yep. Better to stand up and call it what it is and be proud of it.

vailpass
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
The tax/penalty will be cheaper than the premium, MANY employers will be opting for the
tax/penalty very soon (depending the November elections) of course. Wait until school districts and colleges stop that health inusrance benefit and watch the NEA members have a ****ing COW.

Yes. I had lunch with a group that included the VP Benefits for a mid-size employer yesterday. Her team is gathering data with an eye on a cost-benefits analysis of eliminating medical coverage pending the outcome of the election.

Doesn't mean they will do it, not unless there is a cost savings that outweighs the effort/expense involved.

Calcountry
07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Heh. Yep. Better to stand up and call it what it is and be proud of it.Yep, that Bitch Pelosi was right, we had to pass it, so that we could find out what was in it. Nice.

Calcountry
07-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Yes. I had lunch with a group that included the VP Benefits for a mid-size employer yesterday. Her team is gathering data with an eye on a cost-benefits analysis of eliminating medical coverage pending the outcome of the election.

Doesn't mean they will do it, not unless there is a cost savings that outweighs the effort/expense involved.profit motive? Naw, now is not the time for profits. :shake: That would be acting rational. Can't they see how good this is going to be for the country?

Backwards Masking
07-03-2012, 06:23 PM
A society that doesn't care first for it's children is no society at all.

but they aren't societies children...they're Fertile Myrtles. Why should I (and everyone else) have to foot half the penalty for her kids?

Pawnmower
07-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Yes yes, we must tax big macs to prevent unneccessary abuse of the health care dispensary. we must mandate that you eat broccoli peas and arugula, otherwise you pay a tax. I am going to love living in this shithole of a country.

slippery slope