PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security Security at Disney World

RNR
06-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I must admit I was pretty surprised that I was issued a credit card for a ticket, and had to have a fingerprint scan to enter the park. Staying at a resort located very close to downtown Disney, we saw a very large security presence, including K9 units. I wonder if they share the prints information with DC. In fact I wouid guess they do. They appear to be well equipped to handle any attempts on the life of Mickey Mouse~

mlyonsd
06-30-2012, 09:02 PM
With so many kids running around I'm guessing they realize what their liability is. Well, and it makes sense. Glad you had a good time. Being a raider fan I imagine you rode the teacup ride over and over and over.

HonestChieffan
06-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Islamobots must have places like DW in their crosshairs. This is the new world.

RNR
06-30-2012, 09:09 PM
With so many kids running around I'm guessing they realize what their liability is. Well, and it makes sense. Glad you had a good time. Being a raider fan I imagine you rode the teacup ride over and over and over.

I did not ride any rides. I spent all my time taking pictures of my granddaughter, and everyone else. Between my sons wife and I close to 5000 pictures were taken of the trip. My son is a little pissed because his wife fell in love with my camera and wants one like it lol~

mlyonsd
06-30-2012, 09:15 PM
I did not ride any rides. I spent all my time taking pictures of my granddaughter, and everyone else. Between my sons wife and I close to 5000 pictures were taken of the trip. My son is a little pissed because his wife fell in love with my camera and wants one like it lol~I know....just ribbing you. Trying to imagine you running around Disneyworld in jean shorts and sandals with black socks.

RJ
06-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Interesting. I was at Disneyland last summer and was surpised by how low key security was. The one time we saw them (a medical emergency I think) they all seemed to appear out of nowhere. Up until then I had wondered out loud where the cops were.

RJ
06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
I know....just ribbing you. Trying to imagine you running around Disneyworld in jean shorts and sandals with black socks.

RNR is about my age so he should have maybe 10 years before he adopts that look. But he's a Raider fan so I'd cut it to five.

RNR
06-30-2012, 09:28 PM
I know....just ribbing you. Trying to imagine you running around Disneyworld in jean shorts and sandals with black socks.

I forgot to bring sneakers, you can bet your ass I was at the local Nike outlet buying a pair! I wore croc cloth slip ons to Gator Land...big mistake!

RNR
06-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Interesting. I was at Disneyland last summer and was surpised by how low key security was. The one time we saw them (a medical emergency I think) they all seemed to appear out of nowhere. Up until then I had wondered out loud where the cops were.

The fact the president was coming I am sure had a lot to do with it. However the fingerprint scan was still amazing to me. That appeared to be standard~

Extra Point
06-30-2012, 09:32 PM

While humming "It's a small world after all...."

RNR
06-30-2012, 09:32 PM
RNR is about my age so he should have maybe 10 years before he adopts that look. But he's a Raider fan so I'd cut it to five.

I dress very hip for a redneck thank you very much :p

mlyonsd
06-30-2012, 09:38 PM
I forgot to bring sneakers, you can bet your ass I was at the local Nike outlet buying a pair! I wore croc cloth slip ons to Gator Land...big mistake!Ohhh, crocks. I'll bet you were styl'in.

mlyonsd
06-30-2012, 09:39 PM
While humming "It's a small world after all...."STOP...MAKE IT STOPPPPPPP!

RNR
06-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Ohhh, crocks. I'll bet you were styl'in.

Tan cloth crocs! Not those sissy looking things nurses and Nancy boys wear~

mlyonsd
06-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Tan cloth crocs! Not those sissy looking things nurses and Nancy boys wear~Sorry to hijack the thread there with the vision of Madden at Disneyworld. Back to your original post.....imagine the security headache at the Olympics. Wow.

RNR
06-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread there with the vision of Madden at Disneyworld. Back to your original post.....imagine the security headache at the Olympics. Wow.

I just thought a photo ID would be enough. The fact I had to scan my fingerprint made me a little uneasy. It was a little peek at our journey toward the world George Orwell wrote about~

Silock
06-30-2012, 10:09 PM
You don't actually have to give them the fingerprint scan if you don't want to. You can opt out.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 10:14 PM
I just thought a photo ID would be enough. The fact I had to scan my fingerprint made me a little uneasy. It was a little peek at our journey toward the world George Orwell wrote about~

Did they have that new ride where you enter a cage and a rats feasts on your face?

I mean the telescreens are already everywhere. There was one in the ladies room where I went to the movies tonight. I thought that was a strange place.

RNR
06-30-2012, 10:15 PM
You don't actually have to give them the fingerprint scan if you don't want to. You can opt out.

Really, the option was not offered to me. I guess if I would have refused it would have been. It just seems like a odd thing to me. Maybe it is no big deal to most people.

BucEyedPea
06-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Really, the option was not offered to me. I guess if I would have refused it would have been. It just seems like a odd thing to me. Maybe it is no big deal to most people.

I don't get these opt-out provisions. They're never made known largely. Kinda hard to opt out if you don't know about them.

Silock
06-30-2012, 10:23 PM

Yeah, they don't actually SAY it, but you can.

We went with my sister-in-law's boyfriend and he refused. I forget exactly what information they took, but it wasn't anything crazy. I think it was his zip code.

RNR
06-30-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't get these opt-out provisions. They're never made known largely. Kinda hard to opt out if you don't know about them.

It really was not a big deal. It just struck me as odd. I had the impression it was put your finger on the machine if you wanted to enter~

CoMoChief
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Of course they share that info w/ DC. Just like all your info on Facebook and internet usage can be tracked by the NSA.

RNR
06-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Of course they share that info w/ DC. Just like all your info on Facebook and internet usage can be tracked by the NSA.

Everyone here is officially ****ed! I would like to take this opportunity to say, everything negative I have said about our wonderful government was in jest! You guys need to shut up! The government is right as usual. Barry...errr President Obama is the greatest in a very long line of great men that have lead this country~

cosmo20002
06-30-2012, 11:01 PM
You can opt-out of the scanner. The reason they do it is so you won't sell or give your ticket to someone else. Or if you lose it and it is a multi-day parkhopper, someone else can't utilize it without buying their own ticket.

RNR
06-30-2012, 11:22 PM
You can opt-out of the scanner. The reason they do it is so you won't sell or give your ticket to someone else. Or if you lose it and it is a multi-day parkhopper, someone else can't utilize it without buying their own ticket.

I understand that. We had four day tickets to all parks. I think it is total bullshit that I cannot offer my ticket to someone else if I choose not to go that day. There are also places in town that have huge signs offering to buy tickets with time left on them. I was curious how that worked~

Bump
07-01-2012, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't have entered if they wanted my fingerprints. I've gone this long without them being recorded, I sure as hell wouldn't have done it for disney world

RNR
07-01-2012, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't have entered if they wanted my fingerprints. I've gone this long without them being recorded, I sure as hell wouldn't have done it for disney world

I slipped Mickey a Franklin, and he assured me the prints would be removed from the data base~

RNR
07-01-2012, 11:55 AM

All kidding aside, you really do not think you are off the radar because your fingerprint has not be taken do you?

Bump
07-01-2012, 11:59 AM
All kidding aside, you really do not think you are off the radar because your fingerprint has not be taken do you?

no

Guru
07-01-2012, 12:10 PM
The fingerprint scanners only scan four points. Not your entire fingerprint.

Chiefshrink
07-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Illegal Immigrants step right on in and no ID or anything required to VOTE:rolleyes:

Ohhhhhh the insanity of it all !!!!:spock::mad:

RNR
07-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Illegal Immigrants step right on in and no ID or anything required to VOTE:rolleyes:

Ohhhhhh the insanity of it all !!!!:spock::mad:

That crossed my mind LMAO I even said as much. Maybe Disney should be in charge of voter registration~

Chiefshrink
07-01-2012, 01:36 PM
That crossed my mind LMAO I even said as much. Maybe Disney should be in charge of voter registration~

:thumb:

Saulbadguy
07-02-2012, 08:22 AM
They do it so people don't abuse the shit out of the ticketing system.

Iz Zat Chew
07-02-2012, 11:50 AM

I'm willing, they know every thing els about me. I think they have my fingerprints too.