PDA

View Full Version : Computers Flash not working in firefox

-King-
07-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Lately for some reason, flash decided it doesn't want to work anymore when I use firefox. It works perfectly on Chrome (haven't tested it on internet explorer because I die a little inside everytime I open up IE). I've tried uninstalling and re-installing firefox (even deleted all the data and customizations I had). Flash works for a session and then stops working.

Anyone know what the issue could be?

This is from the about:Plugins page

Shockwave Flash

<dl><dd>File: NPSWF32_11_3_300_262.dll</dd><dd>Version: 11.3.300.262</dd><dd> Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300</dd></dl> <table class="contenttable" border="1"><thead> <tr><th class="type">MIME Type</th> <th class="desc">Description</th> <th class="suff">Suffixes</th> </tr></thead> <tbody> <tr> <td>application/x-shockwave-flash</td> <td>Adobe Flash movie</td> <td>swf</td> </tr> <tr> <td>application/futuresplash</td> <td>FutureSplash movie</td> <td>spl</td></tr></tbody></table>

BCD
07-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Why do people bother with the Firefox?

It sucks. Flat out.

Chrome is better in every way.

-King-
07-03-2012, 08:14 PM

It sucks. Flat out.

It's slower loading pages than firefox to me. It may use less memory, but unless I'm doing some serious multitasking, memory use isn't that big of a deal to me.

And firefox looks nicer than Chrome. I was thinking about finding a firefox theme for Chrome but couldn't find one.

Frazod
07-03-2012, 08:42 PM

It sucks. Flat out.

Yeah, pretty much this. I liked some of the features it added to the board, but in the end it was just too twitchy. Switched to Chrome and like it much better.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
it's a recent issue, not a Firefox issue, but a plug-in.

Go to Realplayer, into the options menu and unclick the opition that says something about downloading content for browsers

Mr. Laz
07-03-2012, 08:48 PM
i suggest try rolling it back to the previous working version of flash

sometimes the newest version is buggy

fyi - i turn off the auto install on flash and only do it manually so i give it some time after new versions.

BCD
07-03-2012, 08:55 PM
It's slower loading pages than firefox to me. It may use less memory, but unless I'm doing some serious multitasking, memory use isn't that big of a deal to me.

Slower? Huh?

mikeyis4dcats.
07-03-2012, 09:10 PM
i suggest try rolling it back to the previous working version of flash

sometimes the newest version is buggy

fyi - i turn off the auto install on flash and only do it manually so i give it some time after new versions.

or......do what I said. It is not solvable by reinstalling anything. The known workaround is doing what I posted.

QuikSsurfer
07-03-2012, 09:37 PM

Go to Realplayer, into the options menu and unclick the opition that says something about downloading content for browsers

I'm betting this is the issue. Disable all realplayer plugins - then uninstall realplayer from control panel. Restart firefox. Problem should be solved.

I fixed this issue on two Windows 7 machines last week with this problem.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-03-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm betting this is the issue. Disable all realplayer plugins - then uninstall realplayer from control panel. Restart firefox. Problem should be solved.

I fixed this issue on two Windows 7 machines last week with this problem.

that would do it, but no need to totally uninstall Realplayer.

QuikSsurfer
07-03-2012, 09:52 PM
that would do it, but no need to totally uninstall Realplayer.

True... But there honestly isn't a REAL reason you should have it installed in the first place. How often do you play REAL files these days? I'd use Real Alternative if I needed to play something with RP codec.
I'm betting he doesn't even know it was installed on his computer.

-King-
07-04-2012, 09:15 AM
True... But there honestly isn't a REAL reason you should have it installed in the first place. How often do you play REAL files these days? I'd use Real Alternative if I needed to play something with RP codec.
I'm betting he doesn't even know it was installed on his computer.

No I did know. Real surprisingly plays more extensions than most other media players.

But if I need to uninstall it to fix the flash, that's no problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

QuikSsurfer
07-04-2012, 09:19 AM
No I did know. Real surprisingly plays more extensions than most other media players.

But if I need to uninstall it to fix the flash, that's no problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you honestly use RealPlayer -- this isn't your solution. Use Chrome or IE until they release a hotfix for this. This has been a known issue for the last two months.
But I'd still say screw RealPlayer and download VLC (you should have this anyways) and for anything that requires RP codecs, use Real Alternative.

rocknrolla
07-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Same problem here. I just gave up on Firefox and using strictly Chrome.

listopencil
07-04-2012, 02:00 PM
I had an auto update from Adobe pop up, it said that it was addressing an incompatibility with Firefox. I don't know. You might want to try updating through Adobe?

listopencil
07-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Here's a link to an update testing page:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

-King-
07-04-2012, 02:50 PM

Worked. Thanks.