PDA

View Full Version : Music Buzz Under the Stars - Aug 8th concert

KevB
07-06-2012, 12:10 AM
with Silversun Pickups, Fun., Alabama Shakes and Garbage. Anybody going to this? Solid lineup, and I'm a big SSPU fan so I hope to get tix soon.

NewChief
07-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Lineup looks great except Fun. One hit wonder IMO. But it was quiet a damned hit.

patteeu
07-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Lineup looks great except Fun. One hit wonder IMO. But it was quiet a damned hit.

Which one? There are two pretty good songs that get airplay up here, Some Nights and We Are Young (http://grooveshark.com/#!/artist/Fun/1163453). If you haven't heard Some Nights, I like it better than We Are Young (which was their first one that got airplay up here).

mikeyis4dcats.
07-07-2012, 09:41 AM

I own both Fun. albums and I think they have many great songs. The wife and I drove to STL last month to see them, and they were great in concert as well.

The God Hypothesis
07-07-2012, 08:51 PM
with Silversun Pickups, Fun., Alabama Shakes and Garbage. Anybody going to this? Solid lineup, and I'm a big SSPU fan so I hope to get tix soon.

Ive seen the Killers, Death cab, Hot hot heat, etc... and loved the venue down in the river market. Surprised they moved it.

Thats a bad ass line up though!! Silversun is way underated and I dig Fun's and Garbage's new album. Whats the word on Alabama shakes? Ive never heard of them?

mikeyis4dcats.
07-07-2012, 08:55 PM
from those that attended last year, did each band play like a 45 minute set or what? I see it starts at 5pm and I assume runs until 11?

angelo
07-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Ive seen the Killers, Death cab, Hot hot heat, etc... and loved the venue down in the river market. Surprised they moved it.

Thats a bad ass line up though!! Silversun is way underated and I dig Fun's and Garbage's new album. Whats the word on Alabama shakes? Ive never heard of them?

Very bluesy rock. Janis Joplin meets Macy Gray. I like them quite a lot.

Ang

patteeu
07-07-2012, 09:41 PM

They moved from the River Market because other tenants (Steamboat Arabia Museum) complained.

Reaper, who's down at University of Alabama, is a fan of Alabama Shakes so they've got at least one uppity music critic ( :) ) on their side. Like Angelo said, they've got a bluesy sound. I like what I've heard.

KevB
07-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Very bluesy rock. Janis Joplin meets Macy Gray. I like them quite a lot.

Ang

I just bought their album on Amazon yesterday....they had it for $2.99. Well worth that.

Inmem58
07-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Fun is legit and calling them a one hit wonder is ridiculous.

Demonpenz
07-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Fun gets a ton of radio play around here. Silversun Pickups is aweeeeesome

Silock
07-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I'd go, but it's going to be too fucking hot to be outside.

DA_T_84
07-10-2012, 09:56 PM
Guys, friendly advice.

DO NOT MISS ALABAMA SHAKES.

I've seen them three times here in Austin. They are amazing.