PDA

View Full Version : Video Games NCAA football ps3 online dynasty

shorman22
07-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Anybody in?

Dayze
07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
what are the impressions/thoughs of the game based on the Demo?

Gonzo
07-10-2012, 09:51 AM
So I reserved a copyof NCAA 13 and it's at the store, ready fo me to pick up today.

Any thoughts on it so far?

Buck
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/

shorman22
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I'm waiting for my shipped off Amazon.com. I'll let you know later

Dayze
07-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I wonder how much RTG has changed (if at all); I like alternating between that mode, and Dynasty.

Bambi
07-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Played the demo. Seems like the same as all the other years. Will prob buy it anyway.

Bearcat
07-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Maybe... amazon shipped mine yesterday, but I've hardly played since NCAA 06/07, so I might be a little rusty for a few days, heh.

shorman22
07-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Dont worry I just threw five int with crist. Against rice

Bump
07-10-2012, 08:33 PM
its getting killed on reviews and I'm sure that's justified. I won't be buying, thats for sure.

Bearcat
07-10-2012, 08:56 PM
its getting killed on reviews and I'm sure that's justified. I won't be buying, thats for sure.

Yeah, EA has never been able to get football right. I gave up on Madden long ago, which is a damn shame, because I love the idea of being able to draft your own players from NCAA.... figured I'd give NCAA another try, because it was a pretty solid game for a couple of years.

I played one quarter on Varsity, and it has one glaring issue... the CPU corners play off the receivers so much, you can throw curls and slants all day. I went to All Star and did nothing but throw curls down to about the 20, then threw a pick when I actually tried throwing it downfield.

Bambi
07-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Dont worry I just threw five int with crist. Against rice

yes but how did he do against South Dakota St? That's the REAL question.

Gonzo
07-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Got my copy and played two games with Mizzou. Beat the shit out of Neb and GA on the hardest level on Dynasty. The game is a little better this year but not at all what I expected. Not a lot of changes. The Heisman thing is kinda cool as is the slow mo option. Recruiting is a pain in the ass. All in all, 7.5 out of 10.

Fruit Ninja
07-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Im glad its getting killed on reviews. the worst it gets, the the better it will be for the fans in the end. EA needs to be held accountable for this travesty that has been football gaming for the last 7 or so years.

Dayze
07-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Bump

anyone have any first impressions of the game?

KILLER_CLOWN
07-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Last one i bought was NCAA 08 for the psp, then 04 for the original xbox. I still like the 08 version on the psp. I have been thinking of picking this up for the 360, but would buy it in a heartbeat if it came out on PC.

Dayze
07-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I had intended to return MW3 (new, unopened with gift reciept) to Walmart and pick up NCAA, but they won't take it after 90 days :banghead:

so I call Gamestop and they offer me $11 for it. lmao

screw that. I'll just keep it based on principle lol

so, NCAA is probably anotehr week or so out for me.

CoMoChief
07-13-2012, 10:47 AM
After reading these reviews....I'm just never buying a EA game ever again.

Madden has turned to crap ever since next gen came out. Gameplay was so much better with PS2/Xbox

Tiger Woods completely turned to crap this year after they completely changed the swing method and graphics are garbage compared to previous releases.

Now I'm reading that NCAA football has turned to crap.

Dayze
07-13-2012, 10:53 AM
dang it. I was hopeful. I need to play the demo again. if I remember, the plays were basically the same; unchanged. same runs/passes etc.

so is the main difference basically cosmetic updates?
I really enjoy RTG mode when I'm in the mood to sort of thoughlessy game/chill etc. I wonder if that's been changed? I knnow last year, it was basically unchanged from '10. which was irritating.

Bearcat
07-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Fumbled 5 times against Rice the other day and shut it off due to all the bullshit... tried again and fumbled on the first drive, ran back for a touchdown. :doh!:

Bearcat
07-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Bump

anyone have any first impressions of the game?

After two games I can tell you that if you went out and bought NCAA 06 or 07, you wouldn't be missing much in terms of gameplay.

vs Rice -- Couldn't get anything done... but, I'm KU, so can't take much away from it.

vs #16 TCU -- In typical EA Sports fashion, I turn around and beat a ranked team. Does the screenshot look familiar? Does it look like just about every other football game you've ever played in Madden or NCAA?

Overall, it's the same old NCAA... TCU's 14 first half points were off turnovers (INT returned for a TD and a fumble returned to the 4), and I couldn't do much of anything, but by the 4th quarter we were slinging it around like the defense wasn't even on the field. In the 4th, I had TCU backed up on their own 4 and it was 3rd and 8... no problem 2 plays and a 15 yard face mask later, they're on my 3. They score. No problem, I'll just throw a 70 yard TD pass.... not that I could do that against Rice, but I've already done it 3 other times this game... :shrug:

It's pretty entertaining, I guess, but I wouldn't tell someone they need to run out and buy it new. There are some cool animations, and I haven't really even started digging into all formation changes/audibles/etc. There are some glitches... you get exactly 12 seconds to pick a defense, which can suck sometimes when it won't let you go into a formation and you have to back out all the way and try again... the UI is pretty clunky (especially during recruiting), which is pretty sad considering it shouldn't even be noticed at all.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/IMG_20120715_162146.jpg

Dayze
07-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Dang. I was hoping there were some improvements from the Demo. The demo for me was just like you mentioned - seemed like it was the same. A few new tackling animations were cool; but the same plays, same grahpics quality. Same stupid OL; on skates, miss blocks. I didn't see OL pulling right to where ever you're blitzing from. In the past you could be a player blitzing from the edge, and the Guard would pull all the way towards you immediately. Lol. WTF. It might still happen in this game, but I haven't seen it yet etc. Lbers with rockets up their Asses don't seem to be 'as' prevelant.
I do like the concept of recievers not being ready for the ball until their icon is displayed. Only thing in that regard that irritates me are the hook patters. Doesn't seem like the receiver lights up until he's already made his hoook. Which is retarded considering the concept of a hook pattern.

I think the running is a little herky jerky. A runner can be compltely upright and seems to turn either direction while standing straight up. It might just be me though - but it feels like it.

Not sure if you were able to do it in the previous game, but I like how you can take on the perspective of the defense.

I traded in 2011 this year to knock off some bucks to get MLB The Show '12. and I think my wife is getting me NCAA '12 for my birthday this week; I don't have the heart to tell her to pass. lol

Bearcat
07-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Dang. I was hoping there were some improvements from the Demo. The demo for me was just like you mentioned - seemed like it was the same. A few new tackling animations were cool; but the same plays, same grahpics quality. Same stupid OL; on skates, miss blocks. I didn't see OL pulling right to where ever you're blitzing from. In the past you could be a player blitzing from the edge, and the Guard would pull all the way towards you immediately. Lol. WTF. It might still happen in this game, but I haven't seen it yet etc. Lbers with rockets up their Asses don't seem to be 'as' prevelant.
I do like the concept of recievers not being ready for the ball until their icon is displayed. Only thing in that regard that irritates me are the hook patters. Doesn't seem like the receiver lights up until he's already made his hoook. Which is retarded considering the concept of a hook pattern.

I think the running is a little herky jerky. A runner can be compltely upright and seems to turn either direction while standing straight up. It might just be me though - but it feels like it.

Not sure if you were able to do it in the previous game, but I like how you can take on the perspective of the defense.

I traded in 2011 this year to knock off some bucks to get MLB The Show '12. and I think my wife is getting me NCAA '12 for my birthday this week; I don't have the heart to tell her to pass. lol

Yeah, it seems like they've fixed the linebackers... several years ago I was able to get 100+ sacks per season and won multiple Heismans with Nick Reid.

I hadn't noticed the receiver icons until there was a pop-up about it. It seems to be pretty well done... I still throw it early on hooks and outs and it doesn't seem to be a problem. Sometimes they'll slip when they make their cut, which is a nice addition.

The running does feel odd, but I thought it was because I had been playing a lot of hockey, so they just seemed more agile than they should be.

I played NIU last night and I'm starting to notice that hot routes really screw with the CPU defense... it's almost like they're completely aware of what the play should be (even if you haven't run it in the game), and then the AI has no clue how to cover the play if you use a hot route. Maybe I missed my calling as an OC, but a few times it was really bad... there are several slant plays where everyone runs a slant, so I'll call a hot route to have the TE go long to clear the middle of the field, and on multiple occasions the CPU didn't cover the receiver on the slant or the TE running straight down the field.

I'm playing on All American, because EA has a history of full BS mode when playing the on the most difficult level, but I'll probably try Heisman to see if that issue exists there... that one is kind of a deal breaker if it happens against the better teams.

Pestilence
07-16-2012, 09:34 AM
EA games have always required you to adjust the sliders to make it more real. The running game is kind of a pain in the ass this year. Last year if you had a good RB....you could rip through defenses that weren't that good. This year I'm averaging about 4 to 4.5 YPC against some crappy defenses. It'll just take some slight adjustments and some practice is all.

Dayze
07-16-2012, 09:39 AM
yeah, if I get it, I'll need to make some adjustments. Had to do that with MLB The Show (not, EA, but still). Now I have it just about right after a season or two.

Pestilence
07-16-2012, 09:40 AM
The passing game is a little bit better than last years games. At least they made it so that the CBs don't make a play on the ball if they aren't looking at it.

Dayze
07-16-2012, 09:43 AM
yeah...that drove me insane. or, run the route before your WR does.

Lzen
07-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Man, I've been buying NCAA every year for a few years now. But from the preview vids I wasn't that impressed. For the first time in a long time, I am actually looking forward to the new Madden much more so than NCAA. And these reviews just cement that position even more. I may even bypass NCAA this year altogether.

RustShack
07-16-2012, 12:39 PM
People I've talked to were pretty pleased with it. They had low standards for it and thought it was better. Said 13 was a bigger improvement over 12 than 12 was over 11... I plan on getting it soon, so hopefully I'm pleased since I passed on last years. I'm also big into the dynasty and recruiting, and I've heard the recruiting is a lot better in this game... plus they have ISU's new video board on it!

Dayze
07-16-2012, 01:32 PM
I"m sure I'll get it this week for my b-day; so hopefully I'll be able to spend a good chunk of time with it, and give some additional thoughts as well. I really enjoy RTG mode as a break from the dynasty - so hopefully that's improved. If I recall there were like zero changes from 10 to 11.

Pestilence
07-16-2012, 01:52 PM
The recruiting is LIGHT YEARS better than 2012.

Iowanian
07-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I'll probably add this if my summer ever slows down. Never played football online but I'd be willing to try it.

Bearcat
07-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Well, it took all of 7 weeks, with wins over TCU, OSU, and OU, for Kansas to reach to the top 25.... guess I need to try Heisman mode.

It's a fun game... just kind of silly how I consistently seem to have much better games vs the top ranked teams. A team like Rice will win with long drives and decent defense while for the most part a top 10 team will only be able to stay in the game due to 70+ yard passes.

Dayze
07-17-2012, 10:57 AM
yeah; sounds like I'll need to make a ton of adjustments to the sliders. I had to play about an entire season / season anda a half on MLB The Show to get them correct where it wasn't rediculously easy, or damn near impossible.

Bearcat
07-17-2012, 11:31 AM
yeah; sounds like I'll need to make a ton of adjustments to the sliders. I had to play about an entire season / season anda a half on MLB The Show to get them correct where it wasn't rediculously easy, or damn near impossible.

I usually wait a season or so to adjust sliders, or else I'll drive myself crazy trying to get them right, but I might go ahead and see what recommendations are out there and start adjusting. I love the concept of sliders, but since the game always seems to be ass backwards when it comes to who will give you a challenge, it's hard to get them right.

I'd really hate to stop using hot routes, but it's seriously broken and makes the game far too easy... the CPU's AI seems to shut off, even if I only adjust one route. Hopefully it's not that way in Heisman, or the CPU defensive sliders will help, without making it impossible to pass.

Dayze
07-17-2012, 12:07 PM
yeah, I hate hot routes; unless I see a full out blitz or something I won't use them.

really fun though once the sliders get dialed in.

Lzen
07-17-2012, 12:36 PM
I usually wait a season or so to adjust sliders, or else I'll drive myself crazy trying to get them right, but I might go ahead and see what recommendations are out there and start adjusting. I love the concept of sliders, but since the game always seems to be ass backwards when it comes to who will give you a challenge, it's hard to get them right.

I'd really hate to stop using hot routes, but it's seriously broken and makes the game far too easy... the CPU's AI seems to shut off, even if I only adjust one route. Hopefully it's not that way in Heisman, or the CPU defensive sliders will help, without making it impossible to pass.

You should start by playing on Heisman, you sissy. :D

Pestilence
07-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah....Heisman is where it's at. Playing on All American isn't really a challenge like it used to be.

Bearcat
07-17-2012, 12:50 PM
There used to be a ton of BS on Heisman, but I'll give it a shot. Roughly 5 years ago I remember the gameplay was about the same between AA and Heisman, but it was nearly impossible to put away teams on Heisman. Just last night I had OSU down something like 35-10 and they scored 29 points in the 4th (I won something like 45-39, no thanks to some timely holding calls and fumbles)... that was a typical game for me on Heisman, even when I had a top 5 team.

Pestilence
07-17-2012, 12:53 PM
There used to be a ton of BS on Heisman, but I'll give it a shot. Roughly 5 years ago I remember the gameplay was about the same between AA and Heisman, but it was nearly impossible to put away teams on Heisman. Just last night I had OSU down something like 35-10 and they scored 29 points in the 4th (I won something like 45-39, no thanks to some timely holding calls and fumbles)... that was a typical game for me on Heisman, even when I had a top 5 team.

Are you running out the clock on Heisman?

Bearcat
07-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Are you running out the clock on Heisman?

Yeah, I tried different things, but my offense would go to shit in the 2nd half after being able to drive at will in the 1st... and in full BS mode, it just didn't take long for the CPU to turn a fumble recovery into a TD.

I kept playing last night (which was on AA), which was part of the problem, but I get bored otherwise... it used to be the same on Heisman (but, I'm talking 2006/2007... just started playing it again), where I'd have a few really long/time consuming drives in the first half while the CPU went 3 and out almost every drive, then it would flip in the 2nd half.

On one hand it's kind of surprising that it's the exact same feel after all these years... but OTOH, not really, heh.

Dayze
07-17-2012, 03:16 PM
wonder if it's easier to play AA or Heisman then back off the sliders; or vice versa.
start in Varsity and bump them up etc.

Dayze
07-18-2012, 11:35 AM
I suspect I'll get this tomorrow from the Wife; I should have some better gauge of the game by that point (for anyone who cares lol)

Based on comments, I'm eager to see how recruiting and RTF have changed (if at all in RTG) From what I 've read on CP and other places, it sounds like once you're at the NCAA level in RTG, there is some odd point accumulation issues. I'm using generic numbers here; but if you get like -1 yard rushing, you lost like 10 points in "trust" or something; but if you get a 1st down it's like 10. so if you're tackled for a loss, say, 3 times a game, you're hosed, and will most likely be demoted. But, I'll let others on here speak specficially to that since I don't have it yet.

I played the demo again last night a few times. Each time approaching the game/evaluation from a few perspectives. I played 5 games as a CB to see how that would work - from the view from of defense. It was ok, although I couldn't figure out to 'straffe" etc, or jam ab the line. As usual, where ever you're lined up as a CB and it's a running play, the play seems to go away from you way more often than not (at least it seems so). Overall, it was fun, although not getting thrown to much at all. And the one game I was up by 3, with about 20 seconds to go on D, the other team lobs a 30 yd pass right to my zone in the back of the endzone; also had a safety there, and it went through both of our hands. Not sure how that happened, but oh well. I did get smoked on a double move though. (in fact, in about 3 games, that's the only 2 passes that came my way)

Played about 5 game with various LBs (whith the view from defense as well); seemed ok. Though seemed very easy to get sucked into blocks. Probably just me though, and will get better as I myself get better.

Played about 5 games where I just 'asked' the coach for a play and picked one. The AI in this game can be truly, truly retarded. 3rd and 2's and your only options are pass plays. Or 3 and 8, and the only pass plays are all go/deep plays. On D, it'll be 3rd and 2, and you get nothing but Cover 3, or zones. This AI applied as well on D, though not 'as' much.

OL pass blocking is still atrocious more often than not.. This might be due to not being able to adjust sliders etc, but I was under constant pressure w/out blitzes. Zero pockets were formed about 85% of the time; interior DL blast through likt it were a blitz.

I do like the passing though. I'm normally not a passing guy (I liked to be balanced, on schedule with down and distance etc). When I do, I like to take my drop to read, then adjust in the pocket. I'm not a moron who takes the snap from shotgun and retreat another 19-15 yds. I like the passing Icon deal where the receiver must be ready. I like the pas controls thus far to. I completed some awsome sidline passes with a nice touch etc; whereas before it seemed like you could only zip a bullet or a lob. I could really sense there could be some finese in completing passes that aren't the typically 'slants' /hot routs etc. So that looks like fun.

I'm not quite sure how to 'lead' a reiver just yet.
Basically I played a few games with only one thing in mind / not worrying about the score. Either working on jukes, QB drops, pass trajectories, CBs, AI etc.

There are a few cool new tackling animations, and the tackling seems a little better both by the CPU and Player. But, over all it looks basically the same as the previous year.

Oh…and no replay in the demo to see how retarded some of the OL play is lol.

CoMoChief
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
I would unleash hell on all with the Pass Balanced offense.

Dayze
07-23-2012, 09:40 AM
I receive this Friday from the wife for my birthday.
I've played quite a bit, though only on the RTG mode - so my comments are related to that.

I see minimal changes /improvements from 2010. Everyhthing loooks nearly idential in terms of game play, AI, graphics etc.
AI is retarded occasionally. No announcer other than a generic one. Really? MLB the Show figured out how to do it in RTS and NBA 2k10+ etc….yet, somehow EA can't get it.
Still have the pre-planned outcome on plays. I'm a RB, and at least once on every drive, the Defense gets through w/ zero problem. I'm not talking 1 dude on a blitz; I'm talking to the point of when you get tackled and play is whistled dead, there are literally 10 player within a yard of you.
Still have retarded lineman, though not 'as' much. There are a few new tackling animations in RTG mode, but few and far between.

Special teams continues to remain 'special'. Punts and kickoff returns etc, are a joke. Just skip them as plays. You'll have no shot gitting more than 5 yards on a PR, and you'll virtually never get past the 26 on a KO. The 'blocking' on the KO/PR team is atrocious….like usual.

I like that you can pick a school based on offense. I can't remember if this was a feature in last years' game, but I know if years past, I would pick a school, only to find out it's a spread offense , or option etc. Bleah. So, it's nice to see them finally. Same on defense, I suppose (don't know for sure though).
"Creating" your player with all the BS features etc is dumb. Pick your height, weight, posiition, and helmet and you're done. It's so dumb that they have options to pick from for hair color, facial features etc. Every player looks like they've been on a 6 week steroid cycle.
They've added an amzing new feature (sarcastic) that allows you to pick the size and general region of your HS stadium!!!! Isn't that awesome?!

I'll dive into Dynasty, as I’m sure there hopefully has been some changes and it has to be light years better than RTG.
But, thus far, I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't a birthday gift. Just play 2010 and save your $$. I can't believe they charge $60 for this. IMO, this is a $35-40 game at best.