PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Rank the Zelda games

lcarus
07-15-2012, 12:45 AM
1. Link to the Past
2. Legend of Zelda (NES)

I don't really know how to rank them past that. I haven't beat Ocarina of Time. I know that's top dog for a lot of people. Some people really like Majora's Mask but I haven't even played it. Twilight Princess was really fun. Wind Waker was meh from what I played. Skyward Sword is pretty good from what I've played.

I also really like Adventures of Link for NES. It was different but it's still a classic to me.

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Link to the Past

Any others

TrickyNicky
07-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Ocarina of Time
Link To The Past
Legend of Zelda
Minish Cap
Wind Waker
Link's Awakening
Majoras Mask

Haven't played Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword as of yet.

CoMoChief
07-15-2012, 01:25 AM
ocarina of time for n64 was hands down the best

Chiefspants
07-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Ocarina of Time
Skyward Sword
Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess
The Wind Waker

(I apologize, Ocarina of Time comprised the majority of my childhood, and from that time I've never taken the time to dabble in the 2D Zelda experience.)

Chiefs=Good
07-15-2012, 05:40 AM
Ocarina of time

Dont care about order of rest

Chiefs=Good
07-15-2012, 05:41 AM
Ill add that imo ocarina of time is easily a top 5 game of all time.

Fishpicker
07-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Legend of Zelda was the only one I played. I hated the sequel and gave up on Zelda games. from what I've seen of the others, Ocarina looked like the most fun.

QuikSsurfer
07-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time

fuck the rest

ThaVirus
07-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Ocarina of Time is the best and possibly one of my top 5 games of all time. Link to the Past was good as well. Never played any other Zeldas.

Fish
07-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Skyward Sword is one amazing game. Ocarina of Time was good, but I think Skyward Sword is the best there is. Hacking and slashing using the Wii remote as a sword is just the funnest thing ever.

Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda

cabletech94
07-15-2012, 10:35 AM
zelda II is quite possible one of the worst video games ever made.

DeezNutz
07-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Skyward Sword
Legend of Zelda
Majora's Mask

Sure-Oz
07-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Link to the Past for me...but i never played ocarina of time. Of course i didnt care for the n64 except mario kart

KCtotheSB
07-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Zelda's Adventure
Wand of Gamelon
Faces of Evil
Link to the Past

L.A. Chieffan
07-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Twilight princess is pretty awesome. I spent countless hours extremely confused and wondering where the fuck I was supposed to go. Good times.

Chiefspants
07-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Zelda's Adventure
Wand of Gamelon
Faces of Evil
Link to the Past

ROFL

QuikSsurfer
07-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Zelda's Adventure
Wand of Gamelon
Faces of Evil
Link to the Past

hahaha -- those Zelda CDI games were really something..

lcarus
07-15-2012, 04:34 PM

I've played a hundred games on the NES alone that are worse than Zelda II. At least it had kick ass music.

lcarus
07-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Link to the Past for me...but i never played ocarina of time. Of course i didnt care for the n64 except mario kart

Same. If I had to choose between SNES and N64, I'd take the SNES and it's library of games every fuckin time.

lcarus
07-15-2012, 04:39 PM
hahaha -- those Zelda CDI games were really something..

You have no idea how much I pestered my parents into getting a CDi. I just couldn't stand there being Zelda games that I couldn't play. Now, I'm glad my parents didn't cave and buy that piece of shit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xLxqfmpjB-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eHcoOLMXono" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuperChief
07-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Ocarina of Time
Skyward Sword
A Link to the Past
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Majora's Mask

SuperChief
07-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Skyward Sword was completely incredible from start to finish. The ending blew me away.

QuikSsurfer
07-15-2012, 04:42 PM
You have no idea how much I pestered my parents into getting a CDi. I just couldn't stand there being Zelda games that I couldn't play. Now, I'm glad my parents didn't cave and buy that piece of shit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xLxqfmpjB-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eHcoOLMXono" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've seen the entire AVGN catalog multiple times. This was actually my only source of knowledge for the CDi.

His (The Nerd) movie is almost finished, btw.

Saulbadguy
07-15-2012, 04:47 PM
I just wonder what Gannon's up to!?!

Saulbadguy
07-15-2012, 04:47 PM
I've seen the entire AVGN catalog multiple times. This was actually my only source of knowledge for the CDi.

I once recorded the infomercial for the CD-I just so I could try and convince my parents to buy one. I think it was $599 back in the early 90's.

QuikSsurfer
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I once recorded the infomercial for the CD-I just so I could try and convince my parents to buy one. I think it was $599 back in the early 90's.

Did you get it?

Sannyasi
07-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Majora's Mask

(I haven't played Skyward Sword or the NES games)

Saulbadguy
07-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Did you get it?

Nope.

lcarus
07-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Majora's Mask

(I haven't played Skyward Sword or the NES games)

Play the original. Its a really amazing game. You'll get used to the 8 bits

lcarus
07-15-2012, 06:48 PM

Same lol. That dudes website is gold. Hope the movie turns out well.

Huffmeister
07-15-2012, 10:11 PM
1) Ocarina of Time (probably my favorite video game of all time)
2) Link to the Past
3) Wind Waker
4) Legend of Zelda
5) Skyward Sword
6) Twilight Princess
7) Phantom Hourglass

WhiteWhale
07-16-2012, 04:11 PM

It's a great game. So was Legend of Zelda. People just wanted the sequel to be the same game and the same format and instead they went to a platformer.

It's a great platformer, but it suffered from 'nintendo power' syndrome like many NES games.

Still, If I want to play a NES platformer I'll just stick to Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden.

Setsuna
07-16-2012, 10:14 PM
1) Ocarina of Time
2) Ocarina of Time
3) Ocarina of Time

Gravedigger
07-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda
Twilight Princess
Adventure of Link
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword

Skyward Sword was dissapointing, I'm hoping they can rebound for the WiiU or else the series will start slipping into Final Fantasy's world of same ole same ole.

Saulbadguy
07-17-2012, 06:52 AM
It's a great game. So was Legend of Zelda. People just wanted the sequel to be the same game and the same format and instead they went to a platformer.

It's a great platformer, but it suffered from 'nintendo power' syndrome like many NES games.

Still, If I want to play a NES platformer I'll just stick to Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden.

It sucked.

It wasn't the worst though, but it had fatal flaws.

Fish
07-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Ocarina of Time
Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda
Twilight Princess
Adventure of Link
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword

Skyward Sword was dissapointing, I'm hoping they can rebound for the WiiU or else the series will start slipping into Final Fantasy's world of same ole same ole.

What could possibly be disappointing about Skyward Sword?

lcarus
07-17-2012, 08:37 AM

A really underrated platformer is Kid Icarus. it's one of my top games on NES.

Fish
07-17-2012, 08:40 AM

Agreed. I loved that game.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1350/eggplanted.jpg

Molitoth
07-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Out of the ones I've played when I was a kid:

1-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (I beat this one so many times, it was one of my fav SNES games ever)
2-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Played it all of the time. It was extremely difficult, and I could never beat it)
3-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I was starting to grow out of video games and into girls, so I only went through this game once)
4-The Legend of Zelda (Went through the game a couple of times. It lost some luster due to the awesomeness of the Dragon Warrior series)
5-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (I played this on the black and white gameboy while on a vacation roadtrip with my parents. It helped pass the time)

If I had to choose one to play again today it would be Zelda II, because I never could beat it.

SuperChief
07-17-2012, 09:50 AM
For those of you who haven't played Skyward Sword - do it. The sooner the better. It's an incredible addition to the franchise.

Saulbadguy
07-17-2012, 10:03 AM

Love that game. It's brutally hard. I fucking lose it when my item ugprades get stolen by those rat bastard enemies.

Backwards Masking
07-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Love that game. It's brutally hard. I ****ing lose it when my item ugprades get stolen by those rat bastard enemies.

The final castle with the fallen angel and the shadow link at the end was spectacular. I could beat it, but it took me awhile. A Link To The Past, by way of comparison, was terribly easy. I love a Link To The Past, it was a great game, good length without going overboard BUT... the gameplay and fighting the enemies was just too damn easy. That let to more people playing thru it, beating it, which I'm sure made it more popular. But Zelda II's sidescroller format, while highly frowned upon, was made challending by the creators, AND it's the only Zelda like that, which makes it original.

To everyone who puts A Link To The Past above Zelda II - it's not so much the sidescroller format, as much as it is cause you can actually beat A Link To The Past, isn't it?

Molitoth
07-17-2012, 10:27 AM
To everyone who puts A Link To The Past above Zelda II - it's not so much the sidescroller format, as much as it is cause you can actually beat A Link To The Past, isn't it?

At the time of it's release, the graphics were fantastic and I loved the story line. It was one of the first RPG's I played on SNES so I played it A LOT. I only rank it #1 due to its sentimental value.

Like Final Fantasy. I would still rank FF3 over any other... even FF7.
FF3 was the first in the series that I played. I loved the characters and storyline of the Espers. Kefka was boss!
FF7 brought the game a whole new life on Playstation. It was HUGE and I loved it... but based on sentimental value... I would choose to play FF3 again anyday.

Canofbier
07-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm surprised that nobody is mentioning the Oracle games. Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages were both really fantastic games.

Backwards Masking
07-17-2012, 11:00 AM
At the time of it's release, the graphics were fantastic and I loved the story line. It was one of the first RPG's I played on SNES so I played it A LOT. I only rank it #1 due to its sentimental value.

Like Final Fantasy. I would still rank FF3 over any other... even FF7.
FF3 was the first in the series that I played. I loved the characters and storyline of the Espers. Kefka was boss!
FF7 brought the game a whole new life on Playstation. It was HUGE and I loved it... but based on sentimental value... I would choose to play FF3 again anyday.

Fantastic post, great points all of them.

I too rank FFIII over FFVII for all of the reasons you listed above.

I would also rank A Link To Past over Ocarina Of Time for the exact same reasons.

Link To The Past and Zelda I and II all share the exact same sentimental value to me. Zelda II, IMO, was by far the most challenging of the three, and I always felt more "lost" and "someplace else" there than i did in one or three, which is why I think it's my favorite Zelda. i dont view the sidescroller format as either an advantage or disadvantage, something about Zelda II made me feel more like I was "on a quest" than the others, dont know what.

SNR
07-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I can't believe how everybody's shitting on Link's Awakening. If I could still find my GBC I'd bust that shit out and play it right now. Best story of all the Zelda games by far.

Molitoth
07-17-2012, 11:12 AM
I can't believe how everybody's shitting on Link's Awakening. If I could still find my GBC I'd bust that shit out and play it right now. Best story of all the Zelda games by far.

I agree it was a great story, but it was on Gameboy which drops its ranking for me. If it was on a normal console, it would've had a lot better replay value.

lcarus
07-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Love that game. It's brutally hard. I fucking lose it when my item ugprades get stolen by those rat bastard enemies.

Yeah I waited 25 years for a sequel and they make it for a handheld Im never going to own. Then say they arent planning on continuing the series. Assholes

Huffmeister
07-17-2012, 11:28 AM
I started playing Link to the Past on my phone last week, and realized how much I suck at action games on the phone. So I fired up the emulator on my PC at home, hooked up the xbox 360 USB adapter and have been playing the crap out of it. It really was a great game for the time, and it's still a lot of fun to play.

I love the kind of open world games where you get equipment upgrades that let you back track and access the areas you couldn't access previously. It's like "Hell yeah, I got the hookshot! Now I can back to that one place that had the chest across the chasm that I couldn't get to before." That's why I really loved the Metroid series. Super Metroid was awesome, and Metroid Prime is probably tied with Ocarina of Time as my favorite console game of all time.

Setsuna
07-17-2012, 11:38 AM
I started playing Link to the Past on my phone last week, and realized how much I suck at action games on the phone. So I fired up the emulator on my PC at home, hooked up the xbox 360 USB adapter and have been playing the crap out of it. It really was a great game for the time, and it's still a lot of fun to play.

I love the kind of open world games where you get equipment upgrades that let you back track and access the areas you couldn't access previously. It's like "Hell yeah, I got the hookshot! Now I can back to that one place that had the chest across the chasm that I couldn't get to before." That's why I really loved the Metroid series. Super Metroid was awesome, and Metroid Prime is probably tied with Ocarina of Time as my favorite console game of all time.

Dats hax dude. I'm contacting the authorities on you.

Gravedigger
07-17-2012, 01:26 PM
What could possibly be disappointing about Skyward Sword?

1. It's repetitive nature. I don't need to kill two bosses multiple times with almost the same tactics minus one small minute change.

2. No challenge. Beat it literally with a ton of hearts in a matter of days, never getting hung up on a single puzzle.

3. No real side quests to speak of. Once I beat the game it was done for me, I didn't have the desire to play through hero mode.

4. Story. Honestly kind of bland, starts out great enough with a fresh take on the classic storyline but just degraded over the course of the game.

5. Dungeon progression. The first three dungeons are brutally easy with the last dungeons being the better ones. It shouldn't take half the game or more to discover greatness in any game.

7. Traveling around. The reason Wind Waker was a bore to me was sailing around a boring sea all game long with the only rest coming from being on a green island that looked like all the others or a dungeon. I loved Wind Wakers art style, as I loved Skyward Swords, but when a big chunk of the game is spent traveling from point A to point B, I hate looking at the same boring backdrop.

8. Boss battles. Namely the last one, besides the repetition of killing two bosses three times each in very similar ways, there were few boss battles that were well designed. The end boss battle, I really didn't care for and it really wasn't even a multiphase fight, that just signals laziness in my point of view. Where is the multiform Gannon-esque boss battle at the end? Every single Zelda game out there has a better ending boss battle than this one.

So I go into a room with a sky and water on the floor and fight someone who is supposed to be the evilest baddie ever who I spent the entire game trying to not let get released and the only change to the fight was his fighting style midway through and some rain, lightning and thunder? It's exactly like the Shadow Link fight in Ocarina in the Water Temple only the weather changed. It was aweful in my opinion.

I don't like Nintendo because of what they've become, a company that relies on gimmicks over great games. The motion control gimmick was what Skyward Sword was all about, and NOT telling a Zelda story the way it should've been told. IMO they should've taken their time and done it right and put it on the Wii U as a launch title instead of a throw away game on a dying system. I honestly don't think Nintendo will make it out alive after this system but that's just my opinion.

I'm critical of Skyward Sword because every other Zelda game I bought at midnight or the morning after on release all the way back to The Legend of Zelda has had elements that this game short changed on or just decided to leave out, and in that regard I found it to be disappointing and I pray that the next one will focus on the story and not the Wii U's ability to throw things at the screen from the controllers.

whoman69
07-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Legend of Zelda was one of the greatest games ever when it came out. They nearly killed the franchise with the sequel.

Molitoth
07-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Legend of Zelda was one of the greatest games ever when it came out. They nearly killed the franchise with the sequel.

I don't know why they decided to go all "Rygar" with the sequel.
Talk about another hard ass game, hah.

lcarus
07-17-2012, 04:49 PM
On a side note, I'm playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night right now, and it's quite fucking awesome. I bought it when it first came out. I remember my brother and I each got to pick a PS1 game. He got SOTN and I got Nightmare Creatures or some shit. We ended up playing SOTN a lot more, needless to say.

He ended up conquering it, and I played it from time to time, but I never got to the upside down castle.

Fish
07-17-2012, 04:56 PM
1. It's repetitive nature. I don't need to kill two bosses multiple times with almost the same tactics minus one small minute change.

2. No challenge. Beat it literally with a ton of hearts in a matter of days, never getting hung up on a single puzzle.

3. No real side quests to speak of. Once I beat the game it was done for me, I didn't have the desire to play through hero mode.

4. Story. Honestly kind of bland, starts out great enough with a fresh take on the classic storyline but just degraded over the course of the game.

5. Dungeon progression. The first three dungeons are brutally easy with the last dungeons being the better ones. It shouldn't take half the game or more to discover greatness in any game.

7. Traveling around. The reason Wind Waker was a bore to me was sailing around a boring sea all game long with the only rest coming from being on a green island that looked like all the others or a dungeon. I loved Wind Wakers art style, as I loved Skyward Swords, but when a big chunk of the game is spent traveling from point A to point B, I hate looking at the same boring backdrop.

8. Boss battles. Namely the last one, besides the repetition of killing two bosses three times each in very similar ways, there were few boss battles that were well designed. The end boss battle, I really didn't care for and it really wasn't even a multiphase fight, that just signals laziness in my point of view. Where is the multiform Gannon-esque boss battle at the end? Every single Zelda game out there has a better ending boss battle than this one.

So I go into a room with a sky and water on the floor and fight someone who is supposed to be the evilest baddie ever who I spent the entire game trying to not let get released and the only change to the fight was his fighting style midway through and some rain, lightning and thunder? It's exactly like the Shadow Link fight in Ocarina in the Water Temple only the weather changed. It was aweful in my opinion.

I don't like Nintendo because of what they've become, a company that relies on gimmicks over great games. The motion control gimmick was what Skyward Sword was all about, and NOT telling a Zelda story the way it should've been told. IMO they should've taken their time and done it right and put it on the Wii U as a launch title instead of a throw away game on a dying system. I honestly don't think Nintendo will make it out alive after this system but that's just my opinion.

I'm critical of Skyward Sword because every other Zelda game I bought at midnight or the morning after on release all the way back to The Legend of Zelda has had elements that this game short changed on or just decided to leave out, and in that regard I found it to be disappointing and I pray that the next one will focus on the story and not the Wii U's ability to throw things at the screen from the controllers.

Well OK, I don't think I'm even going to try to reply to that. I stand corrected.

vailpass
07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
I had never heard of Link to the Past so looked at it on Amazon. Why in the hell is it $333.00 ?

lcarus
07-17-2012, 06:14 PM
I had never heard of Link to the Past so looked at it on Amazon. Why in the hell is it $333.00 ?

I could be wrong, but I think there was a limited edition gold cartridge of that game that's worth a pretty penny now days. So you might have seen that. Either that or it's still in its original wrapper. If it's neither of those things, then I have no idea. A game store down the street has a used copy of it for like 30 bucks.

vailpass
07-17-2012, 06:17 PM
I could be wrong, but I think there was a limited edition gold cartridge of that game that's worth a pretty penny now days. So you might have seen that. Either that or it's still in its original wrapper. If it's neither of those things, then I have no idea. A game store down the street has a used copy of it for like 30 bucks.

Thanks. Yeah I don't know what Amazon has going on but all of them are in the hundreds of dollars as are the Ocarina of Time and other games.

Saulbadguy
07-17-2012, 06:58 PM

Duh, because it is really good.

lcarus
07-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I feel like playing a Zelda game. Which one should i play out of these:
Ocarina
Skyward
Wind Waker
Zelda II
Majoras mask

Im in the middle of Ocarina, Skyward Sword, and Zelda II. Id have to start anew with Wind Waker, and Ive never played Majoras Mask once

vailpass
07-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Which one is the Zelda where you ar eon an island and you have to complete tasks before it turns dark or you run out of time?

Huffmeister
07-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Which one is the Zelda where you ar eon an island and you have to complete tasks before it turns dark or you run out of time?

Not sure about the island (Wind Waker's world was an open sea with a bunch of islands), but Majora's Mask had a clock that you had to keep track of. Certain events only happened at certain times over a 3-day period. I think the game was over at the end of the third day, but you could play a song at any time to take you back to the beginning of the first day. That was also the game that had about a dozen or different masks that you could wear.

I seem to remember Majora's Mask being much harder than Ocarina of Time.

vailpass
07-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Not sure about the island (Wind Waker's world was an open sea with a bunch of islands), but Majora's Mask had a clock that you had to keep track of. Certain events only happened at certain times over a 3-day period. I think the game was over at the end of the third day, but you could play a song at any time to take you back to the beginning of the first day. That was also the game that had about a dozen or different masks that you could wear.

I seem to remember Majora's Mask being much harder than Ocarina of Time.

Thanks. Whatever it was I tried it one time, harder than hell.

Chiefspants
07-18-2012, 07:43 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on almost every count, you're entitled to your own opinion, but after Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword rekindled my faith in the Zelda franchise.

lcarus
07-18-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on almost every count, you're entitled to your own opinion, but after Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword rekindled my faith in the Zelda franchise.

I'm stuck in the dungeon where you get the wind blower thingy. It's been a while since I've played it so I can't get specific, but yeah...that's where I hit a wall. I'm thinkin about playing it tonight to try to get past that part. I was really enjoying the game up until this dungeon.

KcMizzou
07-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm old, but "Link to the Past" is, and will probably always be, my favorite game of the series. It's one of my favorite games of all time.

Fish
07-18-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm stuck in the dungeon where you get the wind blower thingy. It's been a while since I've played it so I can't get specific, but yeah...that's where I hit a wall. I'm thinkin about playing it tonight to try to get past that part. I was really enjoying the game up until this dungeon.

It's got a really cool "Help me!" feature, in case you didn't know. There's a stone statue looking thing beside the sparring hall in the town. If you get stuck, go to that thing and ask for a hint. It will literally show you exactly what to do.

Also, here's a really good walkthrough I found, that you can use as a last resort. I try not to resort to the hints, but sometimes it's impossible.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/Walkthrough

Shaid
07-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I still put Link to the past first, then Ocarina of time. That's only because of how great link to the past was when it came out. Loved that game.

How could you not have beaten Ocarina of Time?

lcarus
07-18-2012, 09:50 PM
I still put Link to the past first, then Ocarina of time. That's only because of how great link to the past was when it came out. Loved that game.

How could you not have beaten Ocarina of Time?

I don't know. N64 was a time when I really didn't play games as much as I used to, and when I did, I typically played PlayStation. Almost always a sports game like Madden or something. Then every time I've tried to go back and play it, I always end up playing for a bit, determined to beat it, but then I take a break and never get around to going back to it. I'll beat it one of these days. I guess that game isn't as captivating to me as it is to most.

lcarus
07-18-2012, 09:51 PM
It's got a really cool "Help me!" feature, in case you didn't know. There's a stone statue looking thing beside the sparring hall in the town. If you get stuck, go to that thing and ask for a hint. It will literally show you exactly what to do.

Also, here's a really good walkthrough I found, that you can use as a last resort. I try not to resort to the hints, but sometimes it's impossible.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/Walkthrough

Cool. I think I figured out where to go now though.

Buck
07-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Ocarina is #1.

mr. tegu
07-18-2012, 10:00 PM
ocarina of time for n64 was hands down the best

This.

Edit - And you had to have the gold copy!

lcarus
07-20-2012, 11:17 AM
So I was playing Ocarina last night. I'm at a part where I had to find Saria in the Lost Woods or whatever her name is. She gave me a song to play whenever I want to talk to her. Now I don't know where to go or what to do though. It's been such a long time since I've played that I don't remember where I'm at in the game.

Also I've been playing Skyward Sword off and on the last few days. I got past the dungeon where you fight the crab boss. The one where you have to unbury him with the sand blower thingy. So I'm totally back into that game now. It's pretty good.

Setsuna
07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Twilight Princess has the best story. Screw the rest! PBJ

Luke Warm
09-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Best video game series in history. PERIOD. I've beaten every Zelda game in existance. Yea, im a huge Zelda junkie. I love them all. Gun to head though: Link To The Past...Skyward Sword...Ocarina Of Time. Those are my top 3 in that order.

pr_capone
09-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Best video game series in history. PERIOD.

Final Fantasy disagrees. Every bit as good as Zelda and many would argue that it is even better... but YMMV.

QuikSsurfer
09-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Best video game series in history. PERIOD. I've beaten every Zelda game in existance. Yea, im a huge Zelda junkie. I love them all. Gun to head though: Link To The Past...Skyward Sword...Ocarina Of Time. Those are my top 3 in that order.

I doubt that.

pr_capone
09-21-2012, 06:13 PM
I doubt that.

why would you doubt that?

Luke Warm
09-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Final Fantasy disagrees. Every bit as good as Zelda and many would argue that it is even better... but YMMV.

FF is great too.

Ok fill me in on two more forum things I don't know. 1. What's YMMV 2. The pic of bugs bunny with a saw I keep seeing

Luke Warm
09-21-2012, 06:45 PM
I doubt that.

Why? EVERY single Zelda that has come out, I've beaten. Next is the one for Wii U.

pr_capone
09-21-2012, 06:55 PM
FF is great too.

Ok fill me in on two more forum things I don't know. 1. What's YMMV 2. The pic of bugs bunny with a saw I keep seeing

YMMV = Your mileage may vary = different for everyone

bugs bunny cutting off florida is a .gif that has been floating around the internet for over a decade. no one likes florida... it is a shit hole of old people and the home of the bottom 10% of the American IQ spectrum.

recently billay posted it and has reveled in the fact that it got a few people to chuckle, leading him to act as if he had traveled back in time, drew the cartoon, then forwards in time, created the .gif, then back to the present where everyone is enjoying his masterpiece.

Luke Warm
09-21-2012, 06:58 PM
YMMV = Your mileage may vary = different for everyone

bugs bunny cutting off florida is a .gif that has been floating around the internet for over a decade. no one likes florida... it is a shit hole of old people and the home of the bottom 10% of the American IQ spectrum.

recently billay posted it and has reveled in the fact that it got a few people to chuckle, leading him to act as if he had traveled back in time, drew the cartoon, then forwards in time, created the .gif, then back to the present where everyone is enjoying his masterpiece.

10-4. Thanks.

I live in Florida...shit. LOL, I hate it too.

QuikSsurfer
09-21-2012, 07:00 PM
why would you doubt that?

Because there are a shit ton of games in this series -- even more obscure ones on CDi.

Luke Warm
09-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Because there are a shit ton of games in this series -- even more obscure ones on CDi.

What is CDi?

Let me rephrase then. I've beaten EVERY Zelda that has been released in the USA on Nintendo, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii and all versions of Game Boys and DS

Luke Warm
09-21-2012, 07:05 PM
pr_capone, I gotta nerd it up a second and ask...who you think would win "Link vs Cloud"?

pr_capone
09-21-2012, 07:05 PM
What is CDi?

Let me rephrase then. I've beaten EVERY Zelda that has been released in the USA on Nintendo, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii and all versions of Game Boys and DS

you realize that there is such a thing as google.com, right? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series

pr_capone
09-21-2012, 07:09 PM
pr_capone, I gotta nerd it up a second and ask...who you think would win "Link vs Cloud"?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-o2SV6ynJYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Luke Warm
09-21-2012, 07:12 PM
you realize that there is such a thing as google.com, right? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_games_from_The_Legend_of_Zelda_series

Holy shit, I've never heard of this! The thought of 3 Zelda games out there that I haven't played petrified my dick. I must get a CDi ASAP.

Luke Warm
09-21-2012, 07:13 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-o2SV6ynJYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You beat me to it :)

BryanBusby
09-24-2012, 04:52 AM
Not a chance. Square-Enix has taken a huge shit on the Final Fantasy brand the last couple of years.

Huffmeister
09-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Not a chance. Square-Enix has taken a huge shit on the Final Fantasy brand the last couple of years.

Yeah, I played the latest (XIII?) and they completely lost me with the characters and story.

Of course, maybe it's always been Final J-Pop Fantasy and I'm just getting old.

BryanBusby
09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I played the latest (XIII?) and they completely lost me with the characters and story.

Of course, maybe it's always been Final J-Pop Fantasy and I'm just getting old.
XIII was an okay game (I guess) and they at least made money off it. Now XIV on the otherhand, it basically put Square-Enix on its knees and they've already admitted it has done un-fixable damage to the franchise.

ThaVirus
09-24-2012, 11:10 PM
XIII was an okay game (I guess) and they at least made money off it. Now XIV on the otherhand, it basically put Square-Enix on its knees and they've already admitted it has done un-fixable damage to the franchise.

They'd be wise to do some sort of continuation of the FF7 storyline with the same characters.

I'd buy that.

ThaVirus
09-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Also I'm not sure if I've already added my 2 cents, but Ocarina of Time is probably in my top 5 of all time. Link to the Past was great as well.

Never played any of the others.

Jiu Jitsu Jon
09-25-2012, 01:59 AM
I just wonder what Gannon's up to!?!

Isn't he a sports announcer now? For CBS?