PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV OK, American Idol fans, what now?

Frankie
07-16-2012, 04:20 PM
AI is one of only three reality shows that I watch. I know a few of you will post the obligatory, "Idol is gay" posts. But for the ones who don't see their manhood vulnerable for watching this here's an assignment:

J-Lo and Steven Tyler have left the show. Recommend new judges to replace them.

BTW this one might be a great idea:

http://news.yahoo.com/soul-great-aretha-franklin-says-wants-judge-american-053135147--finance.html

BigMeatballDave
07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Cancel it. 11 seasons is long enough.

I quit watching when Simon left.

Aries Walker
07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Now, watch The Voice.

WhiteWhale
07-16-2012, 04:44 PM
AI is one of only three reality shows that I watch. I know a few of you will post the obligatory, "Idol is gay" posts. But for the ones who don't see their manhood vulnerable for watching this here's an assignment:

BTW this one might be a great idea:

http://news.yahoo.com/soul-great-aretha-franklin-says-wants-judge-american-053135147--finance.html

I don't question the manhood of anyone who watches this show.

What I do is question the entertainment value of Karaoke and a TV show devoted to Karaoke. Personally I ****ing hate Karaoke and will avoid any place it is present. That includes Karaoke Idol.

Some people like Karaoke. Apparently a LOT of people judging from the show's popularity. I know a lot of guys who watch it.

Cancel it. 11 seasons is long enough.

I quit watching when Simon left.

Am I the only person who noticed that Americans LOVE shows where British people insult and demean young american kids?

I gotta say... British people are just really good at insulting people.

BoneKrusher
07-16-2012, 04:45 PM
i heard Aretha Franklin wants to be a Judge.

jd1020
07-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Show sucks without Simon. Now everyone is too busy worried about someone's feelings to tell them the truth, that they suck. There has hardly been a bad performance in the eyes of the judges since Simon left.

The only person associated with the show who has been brutally honest with performances is that Jimmy dude. If he isn't the first one asked to judge the show then the whole thing should be canned.

Bewbies
07-16-2012, 04:52 PM
How about get a life?

Aries Walker
07-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Show sucks

the whole thing should be canned.

I edited that down for ya. You're welcome!

Frankie
07-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Cher?

KcMizzou
07-16-2012, 07:31 PM
I quit watching when Simon left.I quit watching when it was called "Star Search".

Frazod
07-16-2012, 07:45 PM
i heard Aretha Franklin wants to be a Judge.

They'll need to redo the set.....

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/9e/BibFortuna_Jabba_Ep6.jpg

Baby Lee
07-16-2012, 07:46 PM
I quit watching when it was called "Star Search".

I quit watching every year after the 'good' artists were weeded out from the weirdos. The only pull of the show [for me] was the not knowing if the next contestant was off their rocker, slightly deluded, or genuinely talented. Once they were a fungible mass of mildly talented kids peppered liberally with long pauses leading into interminable commercials, I was out.

Frazod
07-16-2012, 07:53 PM
I quit watching when it was called "Star Search".

I remember when it was called the Gong Show.

BoneKrusher
07-16-2012, 07:54 PM
They'll need to redo the set.....

:deevee:

cabletech94
07-16-2012, 07:58 PM
imo, best part is the first couple weeks when the dreamers, who's mama's and co-workers, said they should audition, 'cause they were really good.

i find amusement in watching train wrecks for some reason.

Dayze
07-16-2012, 08:25 PM
The ending should be a fight To the death with seacrest

Guru
07-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Please kill it. Kill all reality TV. Just nuke it.

Deberg_1990
07-17-2012, 06:14 AM

OZZY and Salt n Pepa, or Queen Latifah

Micjones
07-17-2012, 07:16 AM
That show has blown dick since about Season 5 or 6 anyway.
It's time to pull the plug.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-17-2012, 08:19 AM
I started watching again when Tyler joined. JLo was always falling in love with some 19yo guy, i was disugsting. I liked Tyler, so that's a bummer.

I wish Randy would leave. Dog.

Frankie
07-17-2012, 10:21 AM
OZZY and Salt n Pepa, or Queen LatifahQueen Latifah is a brilliant idea. :thumb:

Frankie
07-17-2012, 10:30 AM
That show has blown dick since about Season 5 or 6 anyway.
It's time to pull the plug.Come on, there are dozens of shows all over the tube that deserve to go before this one.

I started watching again when Tyler joined. JLo was always falling in love with some 19yo guy, i was disugsting. I liked Tyler, so that's a bummer.When I first heard that they had signed ST I was pissed. "How could a pure rocker judge any other kind of music?" Well, I was blown away when he displayed genuine enjoyment, appreciation, and knowledge of all genres of music. A pleasant surprise, along with his wit and humor. I'm sad to see him go. J-Lo, as hot as she is, was replaceable. But Tyler's departure is only second to Simon's in how it devalues the show.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Come on, there are dozens of shows all over the tube that deserve to go before this one.

When I first heard that they had signed ST I was pissed. "How could a pure rocker judge any other kind of music?" Well, I was blown away when he displayed genuine enjoyment, appreciation, and knowledge of all genres of music. A pleasant surprise, along with his wit and humor. I'm sad to see him go. J-Lo, as hot as she is, was replaceable. But Tyler's departure is only second to Simon's in how it devalues the show.

Tyler is a classically trained pianist, and his father performed classical piano for a living.

BigCatDaddy
07-18-2012, 10:09 AM

Frankie
07-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Tyler is a classically trained pianist, and his father performed classical piano for a living.

I'm not surprised. I was though early in his tenure as a judge on the show. Up to that point I considered him just another punk rocker. I have a new found respect for the man. I'm glad I got to know him via this show.

Agent V
07-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Kill it, then kill about 20 other shows I can think of. Then maybe my family would be able to have real conversations again when I visit. And my nephew won't grow up retarded from my sister sitting him in front of it through his developmental years.

Everybody wins.