PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Marvel unviels their next four projects

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tribal Warfare
07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Marvel Unveils CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, THOR: THE DARK WORLD, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and ANT-MAN (http://collider.com/comic-con-marvel-ant-man-guardians-galaxy/180531/?_r=true)

Saturday’s Hall H panel for Marvel at Comic-Con was billed as Iron Man 3, but from previous experience we all knew to expect more goodies from Marvel Studios than just IM3. We were right, as the studio announced full, intriguing titles for Thor 2 and Captain America 2, confirmed Guardians of the Galaxy (including which characters will appear), and revealed test footage for Ant-Man with a surprise appearance by Edgar Wright.

Hit the jump for my full recap of this “update” portion of the Marvel panel. [Update: We've updated the article with concept art for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie as well as logos for all the upcoming Marvel films]

Chris-Hemsworth-Thor 2 the dark worldFeige opened the panel by saying that they’re working on four movies in active development. The first is Iron Man 3, hitting theaters on May 3rd, 2013. He then went on to reveal titles for two previously known sequels, and confirmed another property that we’d heard rumblings of in the past few weeks.

Iron Man 3 (May 3, 2013)
Thor: The Dark World (November 8, 2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1, 2014)

For fans of the comics, the subtitle “The Winter Soldier” should provide a hint as to where the Captain America sequel will go. The title is a reference to a comics storyline that will find Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) taking an integral role.

guardians-of-the-galaxy-movieFeige added that Zachary Levi has been confirmed as the character of Fandrel in the Thor sequel, and revealed the team that will be unleashed for Guardians of the Galaxy:

StarLord
Drax the Destroyer
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Gamora

In a fantastic surprise, Feige then introduced Edgar Wright to talk about Ant-Man. Wright had been tweeting about being in London for the past few days in an effort to throw fans off, but he came out to a very warm reception.

“I’m taking the Terrence Malick approach to superheroes,” said Wright referring to the long road of development on Ant-Man.
Wright and Joe Cornish wrote two more drafts of the script last year, but they’ve been done for quite a while.

ant-man-movie-logoThey then revealed test footage that Wright shot for Ant-Man, after Wright toyed for a bit with the audience saying they wouldn’t really want to see a clip of stuff with wires and blue screens in it. It’s completely unfinished since they shot it two weeks ago, but they showed the footage anyway because Marvel absolutely owns Comic-Con.

The footage opened with Ant-Man sitting on a ledge in an air conditioning vent that lead to a hallway guarded by two agents. The costume was pretty metallic looking, and he snuck through the vent hole and started running down the hallway. He morphed to normal size, shocking the guards, then morphed back down to ant size and kept running. Still in “ant size” he leapt up and punched one of the guys in the face, knocking the spit out of him, then he ran and attacked the other guard.

The footage was obviously rough, but I thought the big/small effects worked great. Wright found a way to make Ant-Man’s power work in a cool and useful way on screen, while still allowing room for the playful tone that he does so well. While I was hoping we’d see someone like Simon Pegg play the role just for fun in the test footage, the actor was wearing the Ant-Man helmet the entire time so we never saw his face. The lights then came back up.

“I’ve been doing one second of that for the last six years,” quipped Wright
Wright confirmed that the costume seen in the test footage will most likely be what makes the final film. He described it as a mix between the Silver Age and contemporary Ant-Man, adding “Ant-Man will kick your ass one inch at a time.”
Wright said there’s no casting to announce, but “revealed” that Ant-Man has been here in Hall H all day, pulling out an Ant-Man title card and putting it on the table next to him.

Wright then left the stage to make way for the Iron Man 3 panel, but these bits of news from Marvel were met with wild applause from the audience. Hit the comments to discuss the goings-on from today’s Marvel panel, and read Matt’s recap of Iron Man 3 right here. [Update: Simon Pegg tweeted that he, Nick Frost, and Wright start filming The World's End in 10 weeks, then Wright will film Ant-Man sometime next year.]

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-logo-600x404.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/ant-man-movie-logo-600x404.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/captain-america-2-sequel-the-winter-soldier-logo-600x375.png

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/thor-2-sequel-the-dark-world-logo-600x404.jpg

Guru
07-17-2012, 07:15 PM
I just don't see Ant Man doing very well.

mdchiefsfan
07-17-2012, 08:57 PM
I have heard that after Ironman 3, Thor 2, and Captain America 2 there are plans for The Avengers 2 which will also star the most recent Spiderman (Andrew Garfield) and Wolverine (of course, by Hugh Jackman). Also there could be a few more releases with Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. He signed a contract to star in 6 movies as The Hulk.

Might already be known but sharing what I have recently heard.

Bump
07-18-2012, 12:42 AM
guardians in the galaxy is one of the few marvel things I know nothing about

CoMoChief
07-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Should have done Aquaman and have it star Adrienne Grenier. At least that would probably do a lot better than "Ant Man". I mean could there be a more "who gives a shit" super hero character?

Buck
07-18-2012, 01:13 AM
I have heard that after Ironman 3, Thor 2, and Captain America 2 there are plans for The Avengers 2 which will also star the most recent Spiderman (Andrew Garfield) and Wolverine (of course, by Hugh Jackman). Also there could be a few more releases with Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk. He signed a contract to star in 6 movies as The Hulk.

Might already be known but sharing what I have recently heard.

LOL that's not happening.

Aries Walker
07-18-2012, 01:15 AM
Should have done Aquaman and have it star Adrienne Grenier. At least that would probably do a lot better than "Ant Man". I mean could there be a more "who gives a shit" super hero character?

Aquaman's not a Marvel character - but I have heard rumors of a Sub-Mariner movie, which I would go see.

And yes, there definitely could be. Check out the picture of the Guardians of the Galaxy, for starters. One of their characters is a f***in' tree.

mdchiefsfan
07-18-2012, 01:51 AM
LOL that's not happening.

What's not and why not?

Aries Walker
07-18-2012, 03:31 AM
I'm guessing he's talking about Spider-man and Wolverine joining Avengers 2. Sony owns the rights to the film version of Spider-Man, and FOX of Wolverine, so it would take some serious cross-corporate finagling to make it happen, and both probably want to keep their franchises separate from the Avengers storyline. I suppose stunt-casted cameos are possible, but as for them being actual characters, forget it.

cookster50
07-18-2012, 06:47 AM
And yes, there definitely could be. Check out the picture of the Guardians of the Galaxy, for starters. One of their characters is a f***in' tree.

My response was, "Oh, I didn't know Ent's were Marvel property, silly little Lord of the Rings!"

Deberg_1990
07-18-2012, 07:31 AM

Edgar Wright is a pretty talented guy, but who knows how audiences will respond? Nobody went to see his Scott Pilgrim movie but i thought that was a pretty creative movie.

I dont know much about Guardians of the Galaxy? Is that for younger kids?

frankotank
07-18-2012, 07:46 AM
yeah ant man didn't really work out for Garret Morris.
an SNL classic - Superhero Party
LMAO at 4:50 - I is Ant Man.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4137

frankotank
07-18-2012, 07:53 AM
I just stumbled across this. when I was a kid I thought he was pretty cool.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6wZbHinwQfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the Talking Can
07-18-2012, 08:13 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6wZbHinwQfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jesus, that is syfy channel bad...

Aries Walker
07-18-2012, 08:22 AM
I saw it. It actually wasn't bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. It was about the level of Smallville.

Fish
07-18-2012, 09:11 AM
One of their characters is a f***in' tree.

Well the voice actor that does that character should have an easy job... He can only say 3 words... "I am Groot."

oldandslow
07-18-2012, 09:12 AM
One good thing about the boomer generation dying off is perhaps, just maybe, the obsession with comic book hero movies will end.

I doubt I outlive it, but there may be hope for the next generation.

Fish
07-18-2012, 09:17 AM
One good thing about the boomer generation dying off is perhaps, just maybe, the obsession with comic book hero movies will end.

I doubt I outlive it, but there may be hope for the next generation.

Yeah... those comic books are awful... what with getting kids to read, and stimulating their imagination and all. It sure will be nice when we can just plug all the kids into the internet all day and not have to worry about those pesky comic books.

Deberg_1990
07-18-2012, 09:48 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/anthony-mackie-captain-america-sequel-349622

They have announced that Falcon is gonna show up in Cap 2. Kind of a cheesy character ive always thought...

mdchiefsfan
07-18-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm guessing he's talking about Spider-man and Wolverine joining Avengers 2. Sony owns the rights to the film version of Spider-Man, and FOX of Wolverine, so it would take some serious cross-corporate finagling to make it happen, and both probably want to keep their franchises separate from the Avengers storyline. I suppose stunt-casted cameos are possible, but as for them being actual characters, forget it.

I understand the rights are something that will need to be worked out. Just passing on a rumor I've heard:

Spiderman:
http://whatculture.com/film/spider-man-could-feature-in-the-avengers-2.php

can't find a decent link to wolverine, but will keep looking.

Fish
07-18-2012, 10:16 AM
I understand the rights are something that will need to be worked out. Just passing on a rumor I've heard:

Spiderman:
http://whatculture.com/film/spider-man-could-feature-in-the-avengers-2.php

can't find a decent link to wolverine, but will keep looking.

That's like saying the US economy needs some tweaking...

I would bet many dollars that it will never happen.

mdchiefsfan
07-18-2012, 10:35 AM
That's like saying the US economy needs some tweaking...

I would bet many dollars that it will never happen.

LMAO. Damn it, a man can hope.

morphius
07-18-2012, 10:54 AM
My response was, "Oh, I didn't know Ent's were Marvel property, silly little Lord of the Rings!"
I know nothing about that comic, but after seeing the Ent's I could buy into it being a pretty cool idea. Rocket Raccoon on the other hand... Oh boy.

Silock
07-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Ant man is a great character, but I don't see it working well in a movie.

morphius
07-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Ant man is a great character, but I don't see it working well in a movie.
It is one of those names that just isn't appealing, antman just sounds so troma or syfy.

ThaVirus
07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Well, I'm underwhelmed.

Then again I feel like they've already tapped into their most popular characters. Now they're just trying to cash in on the second tier group.

Valiant
07-18-2012, 04:06 PM
I think gotq will be great if they can pull off racoon believably.

I figured the movie will build up thanos..

And I cannot fathom in anyway antman being a good movie. He is just boring.

Valiant
07-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Well, I'm underwhelmed.

Then again I feel like they've already tapped into their most popular characters. Now they're just trying to cash in on the second tier group.

I would like rated r version of dr. Strange

Rated r deadpool

vailpass
07-18-2012, 06:42 PM

LMAO Good pull.

Bump
07-18-2012, 11:18 PM

they failed immediately by not getting the dude from Entourage. That dude is typecast in a movie within a TV series, seriously!

BWillie
07-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Is this real life? Lol marvel is so gay

ThaVirus
07-19-2012, 12:28 PM

Rated r deadpool

Yeah. Dr. Strange, Deadpool, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Namor and maybe Black Bolt/The Inhumans are the only ones I can imagine making a real splash.

Bowser
07-19-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't think Ant Man or a Guardians movie would be wise. Those are "secondary" characters. Introduce them in a sequel if you have to, but a stand alone just doesn't seem "right".

Guru
07-20-2012, 05:14 AM
I don't think Ant Man or a Guardians movie would be wise. Those are "secondary" characters. Introduce them in a sequel if you have to, but a stand alone just doesn't seem "right".

Disagree. Don't do them at all. I would hate to waste valuable "blowin shit up time" an on origin story in a sequel to Avengers.

Micjones
07-23-2012, 08:45 AM

"Antman" will be to Marvel what "Aquaman" will be to DC.
BOTH throwaway films.

Aries Walker
07-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Then again, how many people knew about Daredevil, and he had a fantastic mov . . .

Oh wait. Never mind.

loochy
07-23-2012, 08:59 AM
ROFL there's really a guy named antman? Seriously? :shake:

ThaVirus
07-23-2012, 10:55 AM

Spider-Man. Batman. Superman. Iron Man.

There's really no difference in his name. They were creative in their origins but not so much in the name department.

beach tribe
07-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Guardians is just to give Thanos more background.....seriously.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamora
Wonder when Warlock will show.

BigCatDaddy
07-24-2012, 09:55 AM
"Antman" will be to Marvel what "Aquaman" will be to DC.
BOTH throwaway films.

If done right I think Aquaman could be quite good.

Aries Walker
07-24-2012, 10:14 AM
They get a lot dumber-sounding than that.

Feel the wrath of . . . Butterball.

Swanman
07-24-2012, 12:19 PM

He was a member of the avengers in the very first comic book way back when.

loochy
07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Spider-Man. Batman. Superman. Iron Man.

There's really no difference in his name. They were creative in their origins but not so much in the name department.

When are we going to get millipedeman?

Reaper16
07-24-2012, 12:36 PM
If I don't get Beta Ray Bill in the Thor sequel then I will be pissed.

loochy
07-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Billy Ray Beta

ThaVirus
07-25-2012, 10:36 PM
When are we going to get millipedeman?

I know what you're getting at, but take away Spider-Man and Batman's historical success and their names are just as comical. If Antman were more popular today, you'd just as easily be scoffing at the idea of a hero named Spider-Man.

Also, Aquaman could be pretty cool for one film. There's is no villainous threat to the ocean that wouldn't exist to us land lubbers so I'd say the villain would have to be society. Either have the world's governments find out about Atlantis and try to invade or some shit OR have the Atlanteans get super pissed about us destroying ocean life and declare war.

Something like 80% of people live near water (I'm not sure what percentage of that percentage actually live near the ocean but whatever), so it could work. I have some pretty intense Navy battles in my head right now that could go down, as well as an Atlantean invasion of some major coastal cities (say NYC).

Have the two sides resolve issues at the end and call him to the Justice League. No more stand-alone films after that but have him present in the JL from there on out.

Bump
07-26-2012, 12:35 AM
who the fuck is ant man? Boy they are squeezing it like the last bit of toothpaste aren't they

Silock
07-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Ant man/Giant man is actually pretty fucking awesome. Can be small or large or in between, depending on which fight he's doing. That makes for some pretty cool ways for him to fight (can shrink out of someone's grasp and then pop up behind them when he's huge as hell and smack the shit out of them). Unfortunately, that works pretty great in comics and cartoons, but I don't think it translates well to film.

He's also a very smart scientist, and actually is a pacifist that doesn't really like fighting. He created a prison for supervillains that's houses them in very tiny form (using the same methods he uses to shrink himself to ant size) making it easy to police. He, like Tony Stark, built robots to police them. One of them went rogue and became Ultron, a villain in its own right. Again, cool things in comic books and animated form, but probably terrible for film.

I love his character.

Deberg_1990
07-26-2012, 08:05 AM
I wonder if Wasp will show up with Antman ?

Micjones
07-26-2012, 08:49 AM
If done right I think Aquaman could be quite good.

Rebooting Superman, an infinitely more compelling character, has been tough.
Who, but comic book readers, knows Aquaman?
"Doing it right" would be difficult enough.

BigCatDaddy
07-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Rebooting Superman, an infinitely more compelling character, has been tough.
Who, but comic book readers, knows Aquaman?
"Doing it right" would be difficult enough.

I've never read a comic book, but I've seen Aquaman on the Justice League when I was a kid and he made some appearances on Batman Brave and the Bold which I watch with my son.

Aries Walker
07-26-2012, 09:41 AM
I wonder if Wasp will show up with Antman ?
I hope so.

Deberg_1990
02-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Chris Pratt from Parks and Rec just got cast as the lead in Guardians of the Galaxy.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/02/05/chris-pratt-is-the-lead-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

keg in kc
02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Awesome, love that dude's work.

Rugby Thompson
02-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Marvel is still making these horrible films that no one cares about but yet they can't make a venom carnage spiderman type movie?

no one cares about captain america or thor or especially ant man anymore...i understand they're trying to fit it in all with the avengers but it's just lame now, times have changed.

guardians of galaxy or w/e looks okay but still at the end of the day, these movies are just filler for what people really wanna see.

Buehler445
02-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Marvel is still making these horrible films that no one cares about but yet they can't make a venom carnage spiderman type movie?

no one cares about captain america or thor or especially ant man anymore...i understand they're trying to fit it in all with the avengers but it's just lame now, times have changed.

guardians of galaxy or w/e looks okay but still at the end of the day, these movies are just filler for what people really wanna see.

Marvel sold the rights to Spiderman. Until Fox (IIRC) releases the rights, Marvel isn't able to do anything with Spiderman.

Rausch
02-05-2013, 09:42 PM

That would be cool. You could take Strange in a thousand different ways. I'd love to see them land Hugh Laurie.

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/1347525146dr-strange-movie-writers.jpg

And I was really hoping they'd do a Black Panther flick...

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/32405/The_Avengers_2_What_Know_Far_1344548746.jpg

bowener
02-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Marvel sold the rights to Spiderman. Until Fox (IIRC) releases the rights, Marvel isn't able to do anything with Spiderman.

Do you think they regret that now? And how long until they have the rights again?

Buehler445
02-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Do you think they regret that now? And how long until they have the rights again?

Well, they sold the rights prior to getting into the movie making business. Them and XMen both went out the door before Marvel decided they could do it better.

I don't know how long it will be. IIRC, if they still make movies they hang onto them, I'm pretty sure that's why they made a new one last year.

ThaVirus
02-05-2013, 11:29 PM
And I was really hoping they'd do a Black Panther flick...

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/32405/The_Avengers_2_What_Know_Far_1344548746.jpg

One day, my friend. One day...

Deberg_1990
02-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Well, they sold the rights prior to getting into the movie making business. Them and XMen both went out the door before Marvel decided they could do it better.

I don't know how long it will be. IIRC, if they still make movies they hang onto them, I'm pretty sure that's why they made a new one last year.

yep....Sony and FOX will continue to reboot Spiderman and XMen over and over and over again because they dont want to lose the rights. If they keep making money, then they are valuable.

Frosty
02-06-2013, 09:30 AM
I still think a ROM movie would be cool.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbmvyalJng1r89a2ho1_500.jpg

However, it's old enough that there probably isn't a big enough audience. :(

Deberg_1990
10-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Sounds like Antman will will played by Paul Rudd, and Janet Van Dyke (Wasp) will be played by Rashida Jones.

http://schmoesknow.com/paul-rudd-rashida-jones-close-to-being-cast-as-hank-pym-and-janet-van-dyne/

Guru
10-24-2013, 10:24 PM
I can't believe they are going to go the antman route. Paul Rudd?

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2013, 10:26 PM
I can't believe they are going to go the antman route. Paul Rudd?

JGL is the other choice.

It's not set in stone.

Ant Man is Phase 2.

Aries Walker
10-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Actually Phase 3. It's the first one slated after Avengers 2.

Guru
10-24-2013, 10:30 PM
JGL is the other choice.

It's not set in stone.

Ant Man is Phase 2.

Personally I think Antman on the bigscreen just won't work but between the two, they should go with JGL.

Aries Walker
10-24-2013, 11:10 PM
I love the casting, especially Rashida Jones. She's perfect as Jan.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Actually Phase 3. It's the first one slated after Avengers 2.

Oh, my bad. I keep getting confused with all this stuff.

DaneMcCloud
10-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Personally I think Antman on the bigscreen just won't work but between the two, they should go with JGL.

Yeah, I'm not sure how a miniaturized man fits but Marvel movies through Disney have been gold.

Deberg_1990
10-24-2013, 11:21 PM
I love the casting, especially Rashida Jones. She's perfect as Jan.

She's perfectly hot.

Valiant
10-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how a miniaturized man fits but Marvel movies through Disney have been gold.

Depending how they play him. Stark smart. Controls bugs? Shrinks and grows.

Hopefully not campy.

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Depending how they play him. Stark smart. Controls bugs? Shrinks and grows.

Hopefully not campy.

It's Edgar Wright's baby, so I'd expect some campiness

Aries Walker
10-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Hank Pym is a fairly dark character in the comics, with a lot of personal demons. I'm thinking that by casting Paul Rudd, it's a sign that they're going to try to inject a little levity into him, so that he might even smile once or twice. Hopefully, they don't go too crazy and make him a Ryan Reynolds-like constant wisecracker, but I can't fault them for making Pym be a little less uptight all the time.

DaneMcCloud
10-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Hank Pym is a fairly dark character in the comics, with a lot of personal demons. I'm thinking that by casting Paul Rudd, it's a sign that they're going to try to inject a little levity into him, so that he might even smile once or twice. Hopefully, they don't go too crazy and make him a Ryan Reynolds-like constant wisecracker, but I can't fault them for making Pym be a little less uptight all the time.

The latest is that the original drafts were more in the genre of "heist" type films, which would be a different tone than the other Marvel films.

Edgar Wright is "Shaun of the Dead", so I expect it to be off-center in nature.

Deberg_1990
10-25-2013, 05:04 PM
The latest is that the original drafts were more in the genre of "heist" type films, which would be a different tone than the other Marvel films.

Edgar Wright is "Shaun of the Dead", so I expect it to be off-center in nature.

He definitely has an unique sensibility. I actually liked that Scott Pilgrim movie too.

Halfcan
10-26-2013, 01:01 PM

I hate Ants-lol

beach tribe
10-26-2013, 11:54 PM

Pym is the man who created Ultron so Im thinking there will be that, and I know he is called Ant Man, but Pym actually used the reverse function of his suit more often which allowed him to grow into a 60 ft. human Godzilla wrecking machine.
He is also a self involved, jealous, narcissistic sociopath and complete Dick.

Psyko Tek
10-27-2013, 12:13 AM
somebody knows their marvel continuity

beach tribe
10-27-2013, 01:44 AM
I fuckin lived for the Marvel universe from age 8 until 16 when I discovered pussy.

Aries Walker
10-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Actually, he usually tops out at only about 15 or 20 feet, but he can grow to theoretically limitless height if he wants.

. . . what?

beach tribe
10-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Actually, he usually tops out at only about 15 or 20 feet, but he can grow to theoretically limitless height if he wants.

. . . what?

66 feat was his threash hold iirc.

I may have been a little harsh. His mental state, anger with himself, yet simultaneous jealousy of stark because he thinks he's smarter than him just always bugged me I guess.

I think he could be a good character for the Marvel cinematic universe though.

Valiant
10-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Pym is the man who created Ultron so Im thinking there will be that, and I know he is called Ant Man, but Pym actually used the reverse function of his suit more often which allowed him to grow into a 60 ft. human Godzilla wrecking machine.

I think they are not having pym in the avengers ultron movie, they will give ultron a different origin from my understanding.

AustinChief
10-27-2013, 07:47 PM
I think they are not having pym in the avengers ultron movie, they will give ultron a different origin from my understanding.
One solution might be for Ultron to be created by Stark from crude designs and/or ideas originally from Pym. This could tie in nicely with a rivalry/jealousy/inferiority arc down the road.

arrowheadnation
10-27-2013, 08:46 PM
One solution might be for Ultron to be created by Stark from crude designs and/or ideas originally from Pym. This could tie in nicely with a rivalry/jealousy/inferiority arc down the road.

I have some buddies who are uber comic book nerds, and they think this will be the case (Stark Ind. will create him on accident.)

DaneMcCloud
10-29-2013, 11:45 AM

Unfortunately for die hards like yourself, Marvel is changing the mythos.

My understanding is that Tony Stark will be revealed as the creator of Ultron in the upcoming Avengers film.

keg in kc
10-29-2013, 12:23 PM

My understanding is that Tony Stark will be revealed as the creator of Ultron in the upcoming Avengers film.That's what I've heard/read. Although there's been some talk about Pym maybe being introduced late in the movie (or in a post credits bit) leading to the ant-man movie.

But who knows. What we do know at this point is that Ultron is a stark creation, and the speculation is that it's somehow connected with (or is) Jarvis.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 12:28 PM
I have some buddies who are uber comic book nerds, and they think this will be the case (Stark Ind. will create him on accident.)

I heard rumors that it would come from his helper in the man-cave (the robot he always calls stupid.)

I could see it being Jarvis...:hmmm:

Rausch
10-29-2013, 12:30 PM

Marvel has being doing that in the comix as well. It's frustrating.

They're changing the continuity in the books to fit more closely with the films.

Bad idea.

There are millions of people willing to watch a 2 hour summer action flick that have no desire to pick up a comic...

Tribal Warfare
10-29-2013, 12:49 PM
That's what I've heard/read. Although there's been some talk about Pym maybe being introduced late in the movie (or in a post credits bit) leading to the ant-man movie.

But who knows. What we do know at this point is that Ultron is a stark creation, and the speculation is that it's somehow connected with (or is) Jarvis.

Then wouldn't Ultron's voice be of Jude Law's instead of Spader

DaneMcCloud
10-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Marvel has being doing that in the comix as well. It's frustrating.

They're changing the continuity in the books to fit more closely with the films.

Bad idea.

There are millions of people willing to watch a 2 hour summer action flick that have no desire to pick up a comic...

I've never been a comic book fan, not because I dislike them or anything of that nature, but I was truly never exposed to them as a kid.

That said, Marvel's films have been setting box office records, so it only makes sense for the comics to follow suit, as difficult as that may be for long time fans.

cabletech94
10-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Then wouldn't Ultron's voice be of Jude Law's instead of Spader

completely random thought (yeah, i know, just me thinking out loud):

i'd like to introduce you to: The Vision!!!

Rausch
10-29-2013, 01:12 PM
I've never been a comic book fan, not because I dislike them or anything of that nature, but I was truly never exposed to them as a kid.

That said, Marvel's films have been setting box office records, so it only makes sense for the comics to follow suit, as difficult as that may be for long time fans.

Look at it this way: it would be like Vegas changing the rules to NL Poker because it became popular. It drives away the die hard people that make up your base.

It's like saying Han didn't shoot first. Only pretend Lucas did something like that with every SW character. Now Han was always a hero. Luke was raised a Jedi. And so on.

Once the popularity dwindles again (like comix have dropped since the late 90's) you lose the popularity factor plus your base.

Jamie
10-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Continuity is always in flux due to the volume of material and sliding time scale, and fans don't care about it as much as they claim to. It compares more to something like Doctor Who than Star Wars.

frankotank
10-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Sounds like Antman will will played by Paul Rudd, and Janet Van Dyke (Wasp) will be played by Rashida Jones.

http://schmoesknow.com/paul-rudd-rashida-jones-close-to-being-cast-as-hank-pym-and-janet-van-dyne/

I really REALLY hope they give Garret Morris a cameo.
that would be AWESOME!

Ant Man pops up at about 5:50-ish

http://screen.yahoo.com/superhero-party-000000500.html

Aries Walker
10-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Sorry, I'm compulsed to - it's Van Dyne, not Van Dyke, and J.A.R.V.I.S. is voiced by Paul Bettany, not Jude Law.

Carry on.

Tribal Warfare
10-29-2013, 07:00 PM
i'd like to introduce you to: The Vision!!!

IMO, Vision should be voiced by Keith David

beach tribe
10-29-2013, 09:43 PM

My understanding is that Tony Stark will be revealed as the creator of Ultron in the upcoming Avengers film.

No big deal.
Stark is huge so I can see why they would go that route.

The mandarin and IM3 is really the only thing that has pissed me off.
Comic books are much different now than when I collected.

Storys change when they come to film. Nothing new.
But don't shit all over characters that have been around for 40 years.

Rausch
10-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Continuity is always in flux due to the volume of material and sliding time scale, and fans don't care about it as much as they claim to. It compares more to something like Doctor Who than Star Wars.

The huge change in continuity is what drove off huge numbers of DC fans back in the day.

Trying to restructure the continuity was like cutting cap space on a SB team...

Jamie
10-29-2013, 10:26 PM
The huge change in continuity is what drove off huge numbers of DC fans back in the day.

Trying to restructure the continuity was like cutting cap space on a SB team...

I think that's sort of an urban legend, I've never seen sales figures or a quote to that effect from anybody who would know. I do know that the 2011 DC reboot actually increased sales, at least temporarily.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2013, 12:21 PM
No big deal.
Stark is huge so I can see why they would go that route.

The mandarin and IM3 is really the only thing that has pissed me off.
Comic books are much different now than when I collected.

Storys change when they come to film. Nothing new.
But don't shit all over characters that have been around for 40 years.

A new one shot was just filmed which will include the "Real" Mandarin. He's angry at Ben Kingsley's false Mandarin. I'm not sure if it'll be attached to Thor 2 or Avengers 2 but it'll be out soon.

Swanman
10-30-2013, 12:45 PM
A new one shot was just filmed which will include the "Real" Mandarin. He's angry at Ben Kingsley's false Mandarin. I'm not sure if it'll be attached to Thor 2 or Avengers 2 but it'll be out soon.

The only way to redeem the shitfest that was Iron Man 3 would be to have the real Mandarin show up as a complete badass villain.

Amnorix
10-30-2013, 12:50 PM

That would be me. I'm a huge fan of superhero movies, but I'm never going to pick up a superhero comic book.

Micjones
10-30-2013, 04:21 PM

Couldn't agree more.

The fanboy contingent only amounts to a fraction of the people who ultimately see these films. People who've read every comic drive me nuts! It's an entirely different medium. There will ALWAYS be deviations from the source material. Most of the time they're so minute the vitriol that follows is laughable.

I wasn't a comicbook reader, but for the past five years I've been a die-hard of the Superhero genre. These films are made for the AVERAGE moviegoer who likely knows very little about the history of these characters.

Valiant
10-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Couldn't agree more.

The fanboy contingent only amounts to a fraction of the people who ultimately see these films. People who've read every comic drive me nuts! It's an entirely different medium. There will ALWAYS be deviations from the source material. Most of the time they're so minute the vitriol that follows is laughable.

I wasn't a comicbook reader, but for the past five years I've been a die-hard of the Superhero genre. These films are made for the AVERAGE moviegoer who likely knows very little about the history of these characters.

That is true and it is not at the same time. The movies are made to encompass all, and yes fan boys need to get over some of it. But the movies and what the movies generate are all for the fanboys/comic lovers.

They are the ones that buy all the collectible toys, tshirts, posters, replicas that are sold with the movies. They generate the extra revenue, they are the ones that buy the dvd, uncut dvd or collectors edition.

Just like when you hear people that read books that are made into movies telling you how much better the book story was. It is the same with comic books. Those people do not get harped on as much. People just like harass comic fans.

My favorite thing is a dude I know that hates how all movies seem to be comic movies and he wants back to how it was. Forget the fact that Sin City is his favorite movie or he loves robocop and terminator.

Mind boggling.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2013, 06:20 PM
They are the ones that buy all the collectible toys, tshirts, posters, replicas that are sold with the movies. They generate the extra revenue, they are the ones that buy the dvd, uncut dvd or collectors edition.

This is really untrue.

It's the new generation of kids and parents that are driving the merch, DVD's, etc. There will be millions of 3-10 year old boys and girls dressed in Marvel and DC costumes tomorrow for Halloween.

Just like when you hear people that read books that are made into movies telling you how much better the book story was. It is the same with comic books. Those people do not get harped on as much. People just like harass comic fans.

Please. Films rarely compare to the novels they're based on due to a variety of factors the time available to tell a particular story is generally the main reason. It's impossible to read a 400-1,000 page (or more) book in 90-120 minutes.

My favorite thing is a dude I know that hates how all movies seem to be comic movies and he wants back to how it was. Forget the fact that Sin City is his favorite movie or he loves robocop and terminator.

Mind boggling.

It's not "mind boggling". Books are books, comics are comics, films are films. They are different mediums for storytelling.

Aries Walker
10-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Whoawhoawhoa. Where did you get this? I do hope it's real.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2013, 07:08 PM
That would be me. I'm a huge fan of superhero movies, but I'm never going to pick up a superhero comic book.

Same here. Love comic book movies. But I haven't picked up a comic book since I was about 12. I have no preconceived ideas about what these characters and movies should do.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2013, 07:08 PM
Whoawhoawhoa. Where did you get this? I do hope it's real.

It's real.

:D

Valiant
10-30-2013, 08:03 PM
This is really untrue.

It's the new generation of kids and parents that are driving the merch, DVD's, etc. There will be millions of 3-10 year old boys and girls dressed in Marvel and DC costumes tomorrow for Halloween.

There are all the parents that do buy the stuff for the kids, but from friends and working retail growing up. Their is a larger group of adults that buy the same toys, then the expensive toys. Look at the new tv show heroes of cosplay, these people spend a ton of jack.

Please. Films rarely compare to the novels they're based on due to a variety of factors the time available to tell a particular story is generally the main reason. It's impossible to read a 400-1,000 page (or more) book in 90-120 minutes.

It's not "mind boggling". Books are books, comics are comics, films are films. They are different mediums for storytelling.

I agree, I could of come across better, this is where fanboys need to get over it, I meant it happens with everything in all mediums.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2013, 08:19 PM
I agree, I could of come across better, this is where fanboys need to get over it, I meant it happens with everything in all mediums.

I think filmmakers realize they have the hardcore fanboys no matter what. They might piss and moan, but ultimately they will still spend money if the movie is good.

Look at Iron Man 3. That made mad jack, even though a ton of fanboys complained about the Mandarin.

Aries Walker
10-30-2013, 09:07 PM
It's real.

Good! Now, where did you see it? I haven't been able to find anything about it on the webs.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Good! Now, where did you see it? I haven't been able to find anything about it on the webs.

Deberg_1990
10-30-2013, 09:37 PM

I knw where to find a link, but I'll let Dane link it if he wants to. :)

unlurking
10-30-2013, 11:45 PM
http://latino-review.com/2013/10/exclusive-ben-kingsleys-secret-marvel-project-revealed/

Aries Walker
10-31-2013, 12:03 AM
Thank you!

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2013, 12:51 AM
http://latino-review.com/2013/10/exclusive-ben-kingsleys-secret-marvel-project-revealed/

That wasn't my source but good find!

They're a great resource.

Just don't tell anyone in the DC forum.

Tribal Warfare
10-31-2013, 02:10 AM

Robert Downey Jr?

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Robert Downey Jr?

The True Mandarin.

Rausch
10-31-2013, 01:39 PM
Robert Downey Jr?

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/forum/resources/image/4750

unlurking
10-31-2013, 08:10 PM
That wasn't my source but good find!

They're a great resource.

Just don't tell anyone in the DC forum.
They have had some good leaks from time to time, at least for those of us without inside access. Please elaborate if you hear anything more, as the IM3 reveal left me feeling disappointed. I'd love to see it resolved with a badass Mandarin. Sadly, I really liked Kingsley as Mandarin.

Mr. Laz
11-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Jaimie Alexander Talks Thor 3, Sif Spin-Off, and Wonder Woman
Source: Forbes
November 2, 2013 Tweet32 13
In an interview with Forbes, Thor: The Dark World star Jaimie Alexander confirmed what we all suspected - should the sequel perform well at the box office, we will see another adventure with the god of thunder.

"I hope they enjoy the movie as much as we did making it, and I can only pray for strong numbers, because when there are strong numbers there's going to be a third one."

Much like her co-star Tom Hiddleston, there has been chatter from the fans about a desire for a Sif spin-off film, which Alexander says she would welcome with open arms.

"I would love for there to be a spinoff film. I would absolutely say ‘yes!’ If the fans want it and there's a strong enough desire for it, it will happen. So, fingers crossed!"

Switching gears from Marvel to their Distinguished Competition, Alexander dropped a bit of a bombshell in her interview when she mentioned "having discussions with both companies," meaning Marvel and Warner Bros. There's already been some speculation, fed by the comments of Warner Bros. president of creative development Greg Silverman, that we might see Wonder Woman on the big screen sometime soon. Many people think that Alexander is a great choice for the role, but is she interested?

"I'm a huge fan of Wonder Woman. I really think if this is the closest that we're ever going to get to Wonder Woman, then I'm proud to play Sif. I hope that other comic book entities can learn a lesson from Marvel in how to execute a female character the way it should be done....I really would like to one day see a Wonder Woman film or Wonder Woman character, but until it's done with class, I'd rather it not be done."

Some have speculated that Wonder Woman could even appear in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman, and it might be possible that Jaimie Alexander has been in discussions for that film as she is quoted as saying she "kind of knows the story line for that movie."

Could Jaimie Alexander be planning to jump from Marvel to Warner Bros.? Do you think she'll be playing Wonder Woman in the sequel? Sound off below!

beach tribe
11-03-2013, 05:52 PM

Awesome sauce.

Javabean
11-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Marvel and Netflix are creating TV shows for Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage (http://www.movies.com/movie-news/marvel-tv-shows-daredevil-luke-cage/14059):

Yesterday Blockbuster announced it was finally closing all of its stores in the US. Today Netflix announced that it's teaming up with Disney and Marvel to produce a whopping four new TV shows based on Marvel heroes. Oh how the times have changed. And lest you think the characters in question are obscure ones that Marvel wouldn't mind handing off as an experiment, think again: Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage are each getting their own shows.

But if the news of four new Marvel shows wasn't insane enough, just wait until you hear their plan for it all:

"... the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters."

Yes, that's right. Netflix is basically producing the TV equivalent of what Marvel has done on the big screen. They're going to take several different characters, give them all their own shows in a shared universe where they can intersect with one another, and then let it all culminate with an Avengers-esque special that brings all of the heroes together. Now that is ambitious television!

Now, if you're freaking out because ABC's Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has kind of let you down, let's at least remember that Netflix' original programming has been consistently better produced than most networks can manage these days. They have incredible casts and fantastic production values, so really they're a perfect fit for something like this. And since they've committed to four, thirteen-episode series and the "mini-series event" that ties it all together up front, that means there's no need to play a ratings game. They don't have to keep tweaking everything as the shows air depending on who is tuning in. No dip in ratings is going to kill the series. Entire seasons will already be in the can before anyone sees a single one. (Which is how all TV should be produced, if you ask us.)

As for when this is all happening, unfortunately you Daredevil fans out there are going to have to wait until 2015. But considering that when you started reading this post, you had no idea this was going to ever be a thing (Disney loves surprise announcements), the wait shouldn't be too bad.

Oh, who are we kidding. The wait is going to be brutal. This is an insane, unprecedented plan, and we're already rabid to see it play out.

Fire Me Boy!
11-07-2013, 11:34 AM
Sorry, I'm compulsed to - it's Van Dyne, not Van Dyke, and J.A.R.V.I.S. is voiced by Paul Bettany, not Jude Law.

Carry on.

I'm also compulsed to - it's compelled, not compulsed.

Rausch
11-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Marvel and Netflix are creating TV shows for Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage (http://www.movies.com/movie-news/marvel-tv-shows-daredevil-luke-cage/14059):

Wait, I GETS ME SOME LUKE CAGE!?!?

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHK YEAH!

http://www.ign.com/static/test/topN/avengers/top-50-avengers_luke-cage.jpg

Javabean
11-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Yeah, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are both pretty awesome. Daredevil is good, too, if done right. I'm not familiar with Jessica Jones, but she sounds interesting -- she can fly, which I believe would make her the first Marvel hero from the Marvel Studios movies/TV shows to be able to fly other than Thor when he uses his hammer.

Apparently, Isaiah Mustafa, "the Old Spice Guy", wants the part of Luke Cage so much he's put together his own teaser video for it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQd2dWui2vw).

Valiant
11-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are both pretty awesome. Daredevil is good, too, if done right. I'm not familiar with Jessica Jones, but she sounds interesting -- she can fly, which I believe would make her the first Marvel hero from the Marvel Studios movies/TV shows to be able to fly other than Thor when he uses his hammer.

Apparently, Isaiah Mustafa, "the Old Spice Guy", wants the part of Luke Cage so much he's put together his own teaser video for it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQd2dWui2vw).

Iron man?

Isaiah? I guess I want Cage bigger than he is. I would like to go the body builder route ala Arnold. Give a new fresh face a chance, I do not watch wrassling, but are their any new comers kinda of like booker t?

ThaVirus
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Wait, I GETS ME SOME LUKE CAGE!?!?

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHK YEAH!

http://www.ign.com/static/test/topN/avengers/top-50-avengers_luke-cage.jpg

Such a badass picture.

I remember I was reading a comic, maybe the Secret Wars or something. Anyway, the New Avengers were on a skyscraper fighting a bunch of ninjas from the Hand. A shit ton of them swarm Cage and knock him off the building. So there's like 30 Hand ninjas tackling Cage off the building, scrapping all the way down. If I remember right, it shows him hit the ground with a big ass plume of dust/debris.

The next panel was him in the elevator on the way back to the top of the building. BALLER LMAO

Gravedigger
11-07-2013, 09:26 PM
Jaimie Alexander Talks Thor 3, Sif Spin-Off, and Wonder Woman
Source: Forbes
November 2, 2013 Tweet32 13
In an interview with Forbes, Thor: The Dark World star Jaimie Alexander confirmed what we all suspected - should the sequel perform well at the box office, we will see another adventure with the god of thunder.

"I hope they enjoy the movie as much as we did making it, and I can only pray for strong numbers, because when there are strong numbers there's going to be a third one."

Much like her co-star Tom Hiddleston, there has been chatter from the fans about a desire for a Sif spin-off film, which Alexander says she would welcome with open arms.

"I would love for there to be a spinoff film. I would absolutely say ‘yes!’ If the fans want it and there's a strong enough desire for it, it will happen. So, fingers crossed!"

Switching gears from Marvel to their Distinguished Competition, Alexander dropped a bit of a bombshell in her interview when she mentioned "having discussions with both companies," meaning Marvel and Warner Bros. There's already been some speculation, fed by the comments of Warner Bros. president of creative development Greg Silverman, that we might see Wonder Woman on the big screen sometime soon. Many people think that Alexander is a great choice for the role, but is she interested?

"I'm a huge fan of Wonder Woman. I really think if this is the closest that we're ever going to get to Wonder Woman, then I'm proud to play Sif. I hope that other comic book entities can learn a lesson from Marvel in how to execute a female character the way it should be done....I really would like to one day see a Wonder Woman film or Wonder Woman character, but until it's done with class, I'd rather it not be done."

Some have speculated that Wonder Woman could even appear in the upcoming Batman vs. Superman, and it might be possible that Jaimie Alexander has been in discussions for that film as she is quoted as saying she "kind of knows the story line for that movie."

Could Jaimie Alexander be planning to jump from Marvel to Warner Bros.? Do you think she'll be playing Wonder Woman in the sequel? Sound off below!

I could buy her as Wonder Woman, I also heard Olga Kurylenko (sp?) is up for it as well. I personally think Jaimie Alexander would be the better of the two even though both are pretty damn hot.

Pitt Gorilla
11-07-2013, 09:27 PM

Apparently, Isaiah Mustafa, "the Old Spice Guy", wants the part of Luke Cage so much he's put together his own teaser video for it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQd2dWui2vw).What's her method of propulsion?

Aries Walker
11-07-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm also compulsed to - it's compelled, not compulsed.
Touché.

Javabean
11-08-2013, 08:38 AM
What's her method of propulsion?

Apparently, she just flies, like Superman does. That's what I meant before -- I know Iron Man can fly with his suit, but she'd be the first ... I don't know what to call it, "magic" flier?

Not that it's a huge deal, but I'm happy to see Marvel showing more and more of the comic book fantasy abilities rather than relying on complex technological explanations to try to ground their heroes in reality. I see it as the same process they went through with the costumes, which have evolved from normal clothes to leather outfits to full blown primary color spandex outfits. The closer they get to the original source material, the better.

Rausch
11-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Such a badass picture.

I remember I was reading a comic, maybe the Secret Wars or something. Anyway, the New Avengers were on a skyscraper fighting a bunch of ninjas from the Hand. A shit ton of them swarm Cage and knock him off the building. So there's like 30 Hand ninjas tackling Cage off the building, scrapping all the way down. If I remember right, it shows him hit the ground with a big ass plume of dust/debris.

The next panel was him in the elevator on the way back to the top of the building. BALLER LMAO

Pretty much.

It'd be like us punching a metal statue.

In fact he can augment his density now (without being subjected to magnetism like Collosus) and he's always been a B list guy that's now getting pub after his anti-establishment views after the Civil War and Secret Invasion comix...

Frosty
11-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Taco Bell bean burritos

Rausch
11-08-2013, 12:17 PM

Radiation.

Powers given by a "chemical spill."

I'm guessing it's not ion propulsion...

AustinChief
12-19-2013, 06:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25446890

KC's own Paul Rudd is Hank Pym/Ant Man.

Gravedigger
12-19-2013, 06:15 PM

I hope the writing is good, Paul Rudd is great in some movies but his humor gets lost in shitty writing sometimes.

Anyong Bluth
12-19-2013, 08:22 PM

I hope the writing is good, Paul Rudd is great in some movies but his humor gets lost in shitty writing sometimes.

In a sort of related note, Joseph Gordon Levitt was also rumored / considered a frontman for the Ant Man role, but is now supposedly going to get the chance to direct and star in The Sandman .

Not very familiar with the character, is this the same "villain" we saw from Spider Man 3? The one played by Thomas Haden Church? Is it required you have 2 last names, hyphenated or not, to play this character?

GloucesterChief
12-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Not this Sandman:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/Sandman_(DC_Comics).jpg

But Morpheus form Neil Gaimans Sandman series.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/6063/3507484-sandman-comic.jpg

keg in kc
12-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Really? I thought it was this sandman:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/Sandman_ECW.jpg/455px-Sandman_ECW.jpg

morphius
12-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Not this Sandman:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/Sandman_(DC_Comics).jpg

But Morpheus form Neil Gaimans Sandman series.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/6063/3507484-sandman-comic.jpg
Crap, another morpheus/morphius... ugh

Javabean
12-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Found a short video of test footage of Ant-Man from awhile ago -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us39Vu84rWk

I only know Ant-Man from the cartoons, not the comics, and he was pretty dry. Not much of a sense of humor. I like Paul Rudd a lot though and expect he'll do a great job.

Fish
12-31-2013, 11:09 PM
http://cdn4.nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/guardians-of-the-galaxy.jpg

Bowser
12-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Heh. Kick ass.

Fishpicker
01-01-2014, 02:25 PM
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9886/ubew.jpg

did anyone else read these BITD? I'm confused by Marvel's choice to include RR in a movie. From what i remember, Rocket Raccoon was very unpopular.

Swanman
01-02-2014, 02:17 PM

did anyone else read these BITD? I'm confused by Marvel's choice to include RR in a movie. From what i remember, Rocket Raccoon was very unpopular.

As part of the Guardians ensemble, Rocket is arguably the most popular of the characters. Who wouldn't love a murderous smartass talking raccoon?

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2014, 04:48 PM
As part of the Guardians ensemble, Rocket is arguably the most popular of the characters. Who wouldn't love a murderous smartass talking raccoon?

I was really hoping they'd get an voice actor with great resonance like Michael Ironside instead of Bradley Cooper.

Guru
01-02-2014, 06:01 PM
I was really hoping they'd get an voice actor with great resonance like Michael Ironside instead of Bradley Cooper.

So it will be Faceman Raccoon.

GloucesterChief
01-02-2014, 06:36 PM

I was hoping for Alan Ford.

salame
01-03-2014, 01:41 AM
I was hoping for Jason Statham.

Come on, you know it would kick ass.

Fruit Ninja
01-03-2014, 06:43 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3108691/rocket-raccoon-lvl-3-o.gif

Swanman
01-03-2014, 02:28 PM
I was hoping for Jason Statham.

Come on, you know it would kick ass.

That's what I was hoping for as well. I am sure Cooper will do fine under Gunn's direction and it will give the movie a bit of oomph at the box office with his name attached.

Now the question is will Vin Diesel actually be voicing Groot or was it all a clever ruse and he will actually be playing Thanos? I haven't read anything lately but the filmmakers were being very coy about Diesel's involvement at one point.

9er guy
01-03-2014, 02:31 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/3108691/rocket-raccoon-lvl-3-o.gif

Kid was a straight up beast in UMVC

Sorter
01-03-2014, 03:01 PM
That's what I was hoping for as well. I am sure Cooper will do fine under Gunn's direction and it will give the movie a bit of oomph at the box office with his name attached.

Now the question is will Vin Diesel actually be voicing Groot or was it all a clever ruse and he will actually be playing Thanos? I haven't read anything lately but the filmmakers were being very coy about Diesel's involvement at one point.

I believe this was confirmed. I'll try to find the link.

Fruit Ninja
01-04-2014, 12:06 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3502XGpUK8Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How can you not ike Rocket Raccoon..

"Air Strike Suckas, I like the Smell of Napalm in the morning"

NewChief
01-06-2014, 12:47 AM

This was my thought as well. I was into comics, and I remember these having a cult following at best.

whoman69
01-06-2014, 08:18 AM
This was my thought as well. I was into comics, and I remember these having a cult following at best.

He was named after a Beatles song. What would you expect.

NewChief
01-06-2014, 08:30 AM
http://cdn4.nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/guardians-of-the-galaxy.jpg

This looks pretty awesome, though.

Swanman
01-07-2014, 12:28 PM
I believe this was confirmed. I'll try to find the link.

You're right, they confirmed Diesel as Groot right before Christmas. I was out of the loop on Guardians news. The movie definitely has a shitload of quality names attached to it.

Rausch
01-07-2014, 02:25 PM
You're right, they confirmed Diesel as Groot right before Christmas. I was out of the loop on Guardians news. The movie definitely has a shitload of quality names attached to it.

Does it matter?

All Groot ever says is "Groot."

Sorter
01-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Does it matter?

Hodor.

Rausch
01-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Hodor.

???

Sorter
01-07-2014, 05:28 PM
???

Go watch Game of Thrones. :)

Fish
01-07-2014, 05:35 PM
???

It's quite simple really.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2709/myyp.jpg

KcMizzou
01-07-2014, 08:18 PM
It's quite simple really.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2709/myyp.jpgHodor.

Aries Walker
01-07-2014, 08:20 PM
I can see it now: Hodor vs. Groot Debate Camp.

Swanman
01-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Does it matter?

He says "I am Groot". That's three words.

Early in the comics, Groot actually talked like a blue blood. Then I think he got into the brevity thing after he got blown up a couple times.

I think Diesel is going to be doing motion capture for Groot as well. If so, that will be a much larger part of his role.

AustinChief
01-13-2014, 05:28 PM
And it looks like they have already fucked up Ant Man.

Michael Douglas will play Henry Pym while Paul Rudd plays shitty Scott Lang.

Pretty much eliminates any possibility of anything cool with Pym now. No Goliath, Yellowjacket or Wasp.

Nothing against Douglas but he's pushing 70. Not happy with this at all.

Tribal Warfare
01-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Rashida Jones And Bryce Dallas Howard On Ant-Man Casting Lists (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/14/rashida-jones-and-bryce-dallas-howard-on-ant-man-casting-lists-but-as-janet-van-dyne-hank-pyms-daughter-both/)

According to Variety‘s story on Michael Pena’s involvement in Ant-Man, both Rashida Jones and Bryce Dallas Howard have caught Marvel’s attention in the search for a female lead.

Howard might be a hard booking to make as she’s already got Jurassic World lined up at more or less the same time. Perhaps a little Ant magic can be worked on the schedules.

Rashida Jones has oft been linked to the role of Janet van Dyne, aka The Wasp. I can see how that makes sense. She’s a proven pairing with Rudd so I’d like to see them share the screen again.

I’ve been told that the female lead of this film is the daughter of the second male lead. In light of the last day’s news, that pretty clearly marks her out as the offspring of Hank Pym. If he had a daughter in the comics, I don’t know about her.

It bears pointing out that Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish devised their take on Ant-Man a good while ago now and before any kind of briefing from Marvel Studios. They may have (rightly) felt at liberty to play fast and loose with comics continuity.

And the removal of The Wasp from Joss Whedon’s plans for The Avengers could be seen as circumstantial evidence too if you’re so inclined.

Perhaps the casting of Michael Douglas, who is of an age where either Howard or Jones could be his daughter, and they both look enough like him that it would work in a movie version, is also suggestive.

So I suspect that Van Dyne senior and Hank Pym may have been conflated. Perhaps. Or maybe Vernon van Dyne is about to be cast and he’ll have a bigger part than Pym.

Fish
01-14-2014, 04:22 PM
And it looks like they have already fucked up Ant Man.

Michael Douglas will play Henry Pym while Paul Rudd plays shitty Scott Lang.

Pretty much eliminates any possibility of anything cool with Pym now. No Goliath, Yellowjacket or Wasp.

Nothing against Douglas but he's pushing 70. Not happy with this at all.

Now that's some bullshit......

Deberg_1990
01-14-2014, 05:00 PM
So we are gonna have two versions of Ant Man? Interesting.....

I trust Edgar Wright
Posted via Mobile Device

Jamie
01-14-2014, 06:52 PM
There is a rumor that dates back several years (and now seems pretty credible) that the movie focuses on Scott Lang, who is a petty criminal that steals the shrinking tech from a retired Hank Pym, who was Ant-Man in the 60s.

Swanman
01-15-2014, 01:36 PM
There is a rumor that dates back several years (and now seems pretty credible) that the movie focuses on Scott Lang, who is a petty criminal that steals the shrinking tech from a retired Hank Pym, who was Ant-Man in the 60s.

There was an episode of the Avengers cartoon where that exact thing happened.

Aries Walker
01-16-2014, 02:02 PM
There was an episode of the Avengers cartoon where that exact thing happened.
Seeing as how that's pretty much exactly how it happened in the comics, I'd say it's more than just a rumor.

Tribal Warfare
01-30-2014, 05:16 PM
‘Captain America 3′ Takes Shape at Marvel (http://variety.com/2014/film/news/anthony-joe-russo-captain-america-3-1201073078/)

Marvel is still focusing on “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” which arrives in April, but sources tell Variety that Anthony and Joe Russo will be back in the director’s chair for a third installment, even though the film hasn’t officially been greenlit.

Marvel and Russo’s reps had no comment.

Negotiations wouldn’t begin untill after “Winter Soldier” bows but sources say Marvel has been so impressed with the production of the film, as well as with strong results from recent test screenings, that the studio has moved fast to attach the brothers to the next installment.

Since many of the actors have options for a third installment, a threequel is likely in the cards as long as “Winter Soldier” performs well.

A writer and release date are still pending for “Captain America 3″ but sources say Marvel and the Russos are already putting together an outline of what the third film’s story arc would look like.

Kevin Feige will produce with Chris Evans returning in the title role.

Going back to “Iron Man,” when Feige announced the first phase of Marvel’s release plans, Feige and the studio have been reluctant to commit to directors for subsequent installments too early in the process.

The Russos, who previously directed over 30 episodes of NBC’s “Community,” stepped in to direct “Captain America: Winter Soldier” in 2012 after Joe Johnson helmed the first installment.

Marvel prefers to get these deals done early so that the director can help develop future sequels. But the studio can also move faster when necessary — when Kenneth Branagh passed on the “Thor” sequel, Marvel landed Alan Taylor.

The move is clearly a vote of confidence for the helmers of “Captain America: the Winter Soldier,” which bows on April 4.

keg in kc
02-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Evangeline Lilly in talks to be the female lead in Ant-Man, opposite Paul Rudd: http://variety.com/2014/film/news/evangeline-lilly-marvels-ant-man-1201059601/

Ragged Robin
02-06-2014, 12:34 AM
All these DC rip off characters getting to hit the big screen before the real ones.. gotta hand it to Marvel, they really make DC look like idiots. Deadpool (Deathstroke), Hawkeye (Green Arrow), Winter Soldier (Nightwing), now Ant Man (The Atom) ROFL

Psyko Tek
02-06-2014, 12:39 AM
winter soldier = nightwing how so?
the other two you are spot on
WS I could not believe the back story the sold it as in the books

and yeah DC only has batman and they are about to crash it into the Super man quagmire with two many characters

Ragged Robin
02-06-2014, 12:50 AM
winter soldier = nightwing how so?
the other two you are spot on
WS I could not believe the back story the sold it as in the books

and yeah DC only has batman and they are about to crash it into the Super man quagmire with two many characters

Winter Soldier is obviously not a blatant rip in terms of abilities/name/etc as the others but more of a conceptual rip. The first sidekick (Robin) was created in 1940 and a year after, Bucky was created as a direct response in 1941. The development of that character has always been on the coat tails of Dick Grayson. After Robin grows up and becomes Nightwing, years later Bucky grows up to be Winter Soldier. When Nightwing takes over for Batman who is lost in time, Winter Soldier takes over for Cappie who is.. lost in time.

Aries Walker
02-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Yeah, but Marvel does it better. I don't see an Atom or Nightwing movie coming out any time soon.

Tribal Warfare
02-06-2014, 06:02 AM
Yeah, but Marvel does it better. I don't see an Atom or Nightwing movie coming out any time soon.

I'm waiting for the Vinny Chase Entourage stigma that goes away on Aquaman.

Jamie
02-06-2014, 11:09 AM
Winter Soldier is obviously not a blatant rip in terms of abilities/name/etc as the others but more of a conceptual rip. The first sidekick (Robin) was created in 1940 and a year after, Bucky was created as a direct response in 1941. The development of that character has always been on the coat tails of Dick Grayson. After Robin grows up and becomes Nightwing, years later Bucky grows up to be Winter Soldier. When Nightwing takes over for Batman who is lost in time, Winter Soldier takes over for Cappie who is.. lost in time.

That's kind of a stretch. You're talking about a character whose defining characteristic for 50 years was being dead. The similarities between The Death of Captain America and Batman RIP were coincidental, though I if I remember right Cap's death and return both came out first. He's not anymore of a take on Robin than any other teenage sidekick, and in terms of ones who grew up to take over as the hero, Wally West beat them both by about 20 years.

Aries Walker
02-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Bucky was supposed to stay forever dead. For a long time, there were three cardinal rules in the Marvel writer's bullpen: Uncle Ben must stay dead, Gwen Stacy must stay dead, and Bucky must stay dead. They've stuck with two of them.

Jamie
02-06-2014, 10:25 PM
They nearly brought back Gwen a few years ago too. It was coming out of One More Day, which was the (terrible) storyline where Peter makes a deal with the devil to save Aunt May in exchange for erasing his marriage to Mary Jane.

The original plan for that story was that Peter would change the past so that he got Harry Osborn help for his drug problem sooner, which would have a ripple effect so that Harry and Gwen would have never died, Harry and Mary Jane would have never broken up, and Peter and Mary Jane would have never got together (this actually makes sense, because Harry's drug problem is one of the things that sent Norman over the edge and back into the Green Goblin persona). It didn't happen this way because editorial at Marvel was uncomfortable with altering continuity to that extent.

beach tribe
02-09-2014, 08:30 PM
I take it you guys saw The Collector at the end of Thor 2?

He is the guy Thanos gets one of the Infinity Gems from. It seems it will be the Aether he holds.

It looks like objects are going to be the gems. The tesseract is the space gem it seems.
Not sure what the Aether is.

Deberg_1990
05-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Edgar Wright just got bounced from Ant-man. That sucks........

http://badassdigest.com/2014/05/23/edgar-wright-off-ant-man/

beach tribe
05-24-2014, 03:59 PM

Please. It's an obvious arc for any Hero/Side-kick story line.
The other most obvious: Teacher vs Student.

New World Order
05-24-2014, 08:32 PM
When the hell are they going to make another Hulk movie? The best Marvel character and he doesn't even have a second movie.

smh

ThaVirus
05-24-2014, 09:25 PM
I take it you guys saw The Collector at the end of Thor 2?

He is the guy Thanos gets one of the Infinity Gems from. It seems it will be the Aether he holds.

It looks like objects are going to be the gems. The tesseract is the space gem it seems.
Not sure what the Aether is.

I asked the same question and got linked to an explanation. The tesseract and aether are two of the gems.

A Google search will probably turn up an answer for you.

When the hell are they going to make another Hulk movie? The best Marvel character and he doesn't even have a second movie.

smh

Hulk as Marvel's best character? Come on now.

The most marketable right now has to be Spidey. His flicks make damn near a billion each go round and there hasn't been a truly great one since Raimi's Spider-Man 2.

Iron Man would probably be second.

Aries Walker
05-24-2014, 10:32 PM
'Most marketable' and 'best' are two wildly different things.

As for the Hulk, he's like Bluto from Animal House; the most fun character in the movie, but if you put him in every scene, people will get tired of his antics. There's only so much you can say about a big green caveman besides the opening story - that's why his first run only lasted six issues, that's why no one's played him twice in a row, that's why in the comics he goes through more outlandish and bizarre radical character and premise changes than anyone, and that's why they're not planning to give him his own movie any time soon.

ThaVirus
05-24-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm aware. "Best" is such a subjective term.

If you asked 100 people who's the best Marvel character Spider-Man and Iron Man would dominate.

Tribal Warfare
05-25-2014, 12:25 AM

If you asked 100 people who's the best Marvel character Spider-Man and Iron Man would dominate.

Wolverine too since he's mainstream.

BigCatDaddy
05-25-2014, 12:38 AM

If you gave them a list it's

1. Spider-Man
2. Hulk

And probably a large gap between Hulk and the rest.

ThaVirus
05-25-2014, 01:44 AM
Shit, yeah. I forgot about Wolverine.

I'd guess:

1. Spidey

2. Iron Man (Downey Jr would win the chick vote for sure)

3. Wolverine

4. Hulk

5. Thor

beach tribe
05-25-2014, 09:54 AM
If you gave them a list it's

1. Spider-Man
2. Hulk

And probably a large gap between Hulk and the rest.

As of RIGHT NOW.

Favorite among people over 13

Wolverine
Iron Man
Spidey
Captain America
Hulk

beach tribe
05-25-2014, 09:58 AM
I asked the same question and got linked to an explanation. The tesseract and aether are two of the gems.

A Google search will probably turn up an answer for you.

I'm the last guy that needs to do search on this subject.
;)
I put all the answers with videos to these questions in the GotG thread.

beach tribe
05-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Interesting results among comic book fans:

Marvel Character Popularity Poll (CBR)

Ever wondered which Marvel characters are the most popular among comic book fans? Well, it looks like Comic Book Resources did a rather comprehensive and sophisticated poll on the subject back in February, the results of which were posted last month. Looking through it, some of the top contenders are pretty obvious, but others are more than a little surprising.

Two things should be mentioned first before I continue. First of all, the poll was based exclusively on the characters' comic book appearances, at least in principle. It's hard to imagine the film and TV versions of characters had no effect at all on the results, but they weren't the primary factor at least. Secondly, the poll was conducted by asking each poster to list their top 10 characters, rather than asking them to vote for one in particular. The character they ranked #1 scored the most points, the character they ranked #10 scored the least points.

First of all, let's talk about some of the characters who didn't make the top 100 (but were counted). Most of these weren't very surprising, minor characters who've only been in a couple of storylines, as well as a huge slew of alternate universe characters like the Ultimate line. A few of the biggest upsets were the Red Skull, J. Jonah Jameson, Gwen Stacy, Ultron, and Nick Fury (both versions). I was also pretty surprised, given all the fuss about the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 that he didn't score high enough to make the list. Assuming this poll is accurate, I think it's fair to say then that the complainers were a vocal minority.

Moving on to the characters that actually made it to the top 100, some real surprises begin to emerge. First of all, the Fantastic Four, Marvel's "first family" and the first major co-creation between Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, are surprisingly unpopular. The Human Torch, who was something of Marvel's mascot for awhile, barely made into the list at all, tying with the supervillain Apocalypse for 100th place. Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman did better, ranking #65 and #51 respectively, but it's still a poor showing for the team. The Thing proved the most popular character of the bunch, placing at #31 and scoring the most individual votes of any character (but ranking #1 on no one's list). One has to wonder how this bodes for Fox's upcoming reboot of the team.

There were some other upsets. Flash Thompson's Agent Venom (#64) is more popular than Eddie Brock's original Venom (#78). Miles Morales is tied with Norman Osborn (both #91) and significantly more popular than the Ultimate version of Peter Parker (who failed to make the list). Gwen Stacy didn't make the list, but Mary Jane Watson (#73) did, proving herself the most popular "civilian" character in the Marvel universe. Thanos (#47) is waaaay more popular than Galactus (#92), even though I'd never heard of the former until The Avengers came out. And the Guardians of the Galaxy really are bit players - only Rocket Raccoon (#91) and (#75) made the list at all, making the team significantly less popular than Namor (#35), Captain Britain (#28), or Dr. Strange (#27).

Moving on to the top 25, I was surprised by some but not all of the results. The MCU's biggest earner, Iron Man (#20), was ranked below the franchise's lowest earner, the Hulk (#18). Carol Danvers is Marvel's most popular solo female character, ranking at #15. Magneto (#11) is Marvel's most popular villain, followed by Dr. Doom (#19). And, perhaps to no one's great surprise, the fandom's ultimate favorite is Earth-616's Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man.

Looking at the list and considering what relevance, if any, this has for future movie adaptations, a few things occurred to me. People really like the X-Men, whose ranks made up 14 of the top 25 characters (Scarlet Witch and Magneto included). That bodes well for Fox, since it looks like they're in no danger of running out of characters people will show up to see. However, Fox's other superhero franchise, the Fantastic Four, may come with more baggage than expected.

In Sony's case, they're in a bit of a pickle. While Spider-Man himself is extremely popular, none of the other characters from his corner of the Marvel universe broke the top 50. Spidey's most popular villain, Otto Octavius, was ranked down at #59. And none of Parker's friends and family ranked outside of Mary Jane. This raises the question as to how "expandable" Spider-Man's universe really is.

Lastly, if Marvel's looking for a female character to launch solo in the MCU, Carol Danvers is the one to pick. She's powerful, she has a long-running solo title, and she's (according to this poll) very popular. That isn't to say Black Widow (#22) doesn't deserve a shot as well; she absolutely does and if Marvel can run several male superheroes at once they can certainly run more than one female-led franchise. But if the poll's results are to be believed, Danvers is actually more popular among comic book fans than any other Avenger besides Captain America (#9) and Thor (#5).

So those are my thoughts. What do you guys think? Did any of you catch a glimpse at this poll before now? Did of any you actually vote?

EDIT: For reasons which I am not aware of, the thread appears to be down. It's possible this is an error or standard procedure by Comic Book Resources. Whatever the case, I've altered the original link to direct to a cached archive of the thread's front page within Google's database.

In addition, I'll go ahead and list the full results below (in descending order):

100. Apocalypse / Human Torch (Storm)
98. Fantomex
97. Enchantress (Amora) / Moonstone
95. Wonder Man
94. Crystal
93. Meggan
92. Galactus
91. Norman Osborn / Rocket Raccoon / Scarlet Spider (Kaine) / Ultimate Spider-Man (Morales)
87. Firestar
86. Black Knight / Ghost Rider
84. Pixie
83. Mr. Sinister
82. Legion
81. Moonstar
80. Chamber
79. Mockingbird
78. Venom (Brock)
77. M
76. Juggernaut
75. Star Lord
74. Daken
73. Angel / Mary Jane Watson
71. Nico Minoru / Wiccan
69. Death's Head
68. Union Jack
67. Sif
66. Havok
65. Mr. Fantastic
64. Agent Venom
63. Hank Pym
62. Multiple Man
61. Bishop / Pete Wisdom
59. Spider-Man (Octavius)
58. Professor X
57. Vision
56. Luke Cage
55. Hawkeye (Bishop)
54. Quicksilver
53. Spectrum
52. Spider-Woman
51. Invisible Woman
50. Punisher
49. Colossus / Mystique
47. Cable / Thanos
45. Nova
44. Moon Knight
43. Iceman
42. Wasp
41. Jubilee
40. Rachel Grey
39. Bucky Barnes
38. X-23
37. Hercules
36. Beast
35. Namor
34. Black Panther
33. Silver Surfer
32. Loki
31. Thing
30. Dazzler
29. Deadpool
28. Captain Britain
27. Dr. Strange
26. Hawkeye
25. She-Hulk
24. Polaris
23. Iron Fist
22. Black Widow
21. Scarlet Witch
20. Iron Man
19. Dr. Doom
18. Hulk
17. Magik
16. Psylocke
15. Carol Danvers
14. Daredevil
13. Kitty Pryde
12. Emma Frost
11. Magneto
10. Cyclops
9. Captain America
8. Jean Grey
7. Gambit
6. Nightcrawler
5. Thor
4. Rogue
3. Wolverine
2. Storm
1. Spider-Man

beach tribe
05-25-2014, 10:41 AM
My Top 10:

10. Cable: He will be on everyone's top 10 after X-men Apocalypse comes out.
9. Wolverine: Was my favorite as a child. Still love him, but over exposure and popularity have changed who he is. Not the wild animal he used to be.
8. Dr. Strange: Never really followed his line of comics, but was always a vital figure in large conflicts, and a favorite to see. Very Unique and useful "powers"
7. Galactus: The eater of worlds needs a new introduction into pop culture.
6. Captain America: Admittedly, The Winter Soldier movie complete changed my view of Cap.
5. The Incredible Hulk: Hulk Smash
4. Iron Man: I have IM #1. And I had it before the first Iron Man movie was released.
3. Adam Warlock: Wasn't a fav when I was into comics, but after revisiting the big stories, the anticipation of his introduction into the MCU is exciting.
2. The Silver Surfer: Absolutely defecated on by Fox. Have SS #1 too. It was worth $1000 bucks 10 yrs ago. Now it's worth 100.
1. Thanos of Titan: I'm a fan of Bad ass. I like so Bad Ass that a chuckle is given when challenged. Followed by a "surely you jest"
Smarter than Stark, Strong as the Hulk, Meaner than Mephisto, and Colder than Death Herself.
A Hero is only measured by the Villain he faces.
Thanos is the measuring stick of the Marvel Universe.

The list would probably be a little different if I took time to think about it.

salame
05-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Thanos isn't really anything special IMO

Ragged Robin
05-25-2014, 08:31 PM
1. Xorn
2. Domino
3. Emma Frost (movie version sucked)
4. Stepford Cuckoos (:redface: <3)
5. Cyclops

NUFF SED.

beach tribe
05-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanos isn't really anything special IMO

Just the most dangerous villain in all of Marvel.

The guy was resurrected by death to deal with the over population of the universe.

No big deal.

ThaVirus
05-26-2014, 11:45 AM
My Top 10:

10. Cable: He will be on everyone's top 10 after X-men Apocalypse comes out.
9. Wolverine: Was my favorite as a child. Still love him, but over exposure and popularity have changed who he is. Not the wild animal he used to be.
8. Dr. Strange: Never really followed his line of comics, but was always a vital figure in large conflicts, and a favorite to see. Very Unique and useful "powers"
7. Galactus: The eater of worlds needs a new introduction into pop culture.
6. Captain America: Admittedly, The Winter Soldier movie complete changed my view of Cap.
5. The Incredible Hulk: Hulk Smash
4. Iron Man: I have IM #1. And I had it before the first Iron Man movie was released.
3. Adam Warlock: Wasn't a fav when I was into comics, but after revisiting the big stories, the anticipation of his introduction into the MCU is exciting.
2. The Silver Surfer: Absolutely defecated on by Fox. Have SS #1 too. It was worth $1000 bucks 10 yrs ago. Now it's worth 100.
1. Thanos of Titan: I'm a fan of Bad ass. I like so Bad Ass that a chuckle is given when challenged. Followed by a "surely you jest"
Smarter than Stark, Strong as the Hulk, Meaner than Mephisto, and Colder than Death Herself.
A Hero is only measured by the Villain he faces.
Thanos is the measuring stick of the Marvel Universe.

The list would probably be a little different if I took time to think about it.

Not a fan of your list..

Rausch
05-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Interesting results among comic book fans:

Marvel Character Popularity Poll (CBR)

Ever wondered which Marvel characters are the most popular among comic book fans? Well, it looks like Comic Book Resources did a rather comprehensive and sophisticated poll on the subject back in February, the results of which were posted last month. Looking through it, some of the top contenders are pretty obvious, but others are more than a little surprising.

19. Dr. Doom
18. Hulk
17. Magik
16. Psylocke
15. Carol Danvers
14. Daredevil
13. Kitty Pryde
12. Emma Frost
11. Magneto
10. Cyclops
9. Captain America
8. Jean Grey
7. Gambit
6. Nightcrawler
5. Thor
4. Rogue
3. Wolverine
2. Storm
1. Spider-Man

I call BS on those in bold.

Really? Psylocke and Kitty pride above characters like Doom, Hulk, Dr. Strange, and Cable?

No way in hell.

And NO ONE I have ever known gave a $#it about Daredevil...

Aries Walker
05-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Yeah, there's something wrong with that whole poll. There's no way in hell that Psylocke trounces Hulk, Dazzler is more popular than Loki, or Death's Head (!) is above Juggernaut.

Plus, there's 111 people in their 'top 100'. That's just not right.

New World Order
05-26-2014, 09:05 PM
Yeah, there's something wrong with that whole poll. There's no way in hell that Psylocke trounces Hulk, Dazzler is more popular than Loki, or Death's Head (!) is above Juggernaut.

Plus, there's 111 people in their 'top 100'. That's just not right.

This

BigChiefTablet
05-27-2014, 10:45 AM
I call BS on those in bold.

Really? Psylocke and Kitty pride above characters like Doom, Hulk, Dr. Strange, and Cable?

No way in hell.

And NO ONE I have ever known gave a $#it about Daredevil...

Yeah, that poll seems ... off. Storm is cool and all, but number 2?

But now you have at least heard of one person who gave a shit about Daredevil. I was always into the lower power superheroes that were graceful and acrobatic with cool martial arts shit. The Ben Afleck movie was ass, but I always dug the character.

ThaVirus
05-27-2014, 10:50 AM
I agree that the list seems off, but it does say that it was supposed to be based on comic book appearances, not film and television.

Aaaaand Storm is pretty fucking cool in the comics.

DaveNull
05-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Just the most dangerous villain in all of Marvel.

The guy was resurrected by death to deal with the over population of the universe.

No big deal.

And served as IT director for Annihilus.

DaveNull
05-27-2014, 12:27 PM
That might be obscure..

<a href="http://31.media.tumblr.com/ec7beee1da8c166ed8a4287aa41460a9/tumblr_n1u6mmg08V1qz5pevo1_1280.jpg">Galactus working as IT director.</a>

Swanman
05-27-2014, 12:29 PM
And served as IT director for Annihilus.

If you want some great villains, read the Annihilation series. You have Annihulus, Thanos and Galactus in many of the issues.

I read it to get a bit more backstory on the Guardians of the Galaxy, but it also has great stuff on characters like Nova, Super Skrull, Silver Surfer and quite a few others.

DaveNull
05-27-2014, 01:05 PM
If you want some great villains, read the Annihilation series. You have Annihulus, Thanos and Galactus in many of the issues.

I read it to get a bit more backstory on the Guardians of the Galaxy, but it also has great stuff on characters like Nova, Super Skrull, Silver Surfer and quite a few others.

Agreed. I especially enjoyed the Drax series. Not sure they'll make him as witty in the movie as he was in that book, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. That series also includes some general background info on each of the players at the back of each issue. It makes it relativity easy to get into that run without having Wikipedia open all the time.

DaveNull
05-31-2014, 09:42 AM
josh brolin as thanos.

I can get behind this.

Deberg_1990
05-31-2014, 09:46 AM
Adam (Will Ferrell) McKay in the running to direct Ant Man now.

Rausch
05-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Adam (Will Ferrell) McKay in the running to direct Ant Man now.

Boooooooooo! :mad:

unlurking
05-31-2014, 07:02 PM
I guess that means they're definitely going for the comedic route with Ant-Man.

beach tribe
05-31-2014, 07:08 PM
josh brolin as thanos.

I can get behind this.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Nice Casting!!

Never even thought of him.

Fn Perfect.

keg in kc
05-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Boooooooooo! :mad:Rumor was dead by about the time he posted that this morning. It won't be him.

unlurking
05-31-2014, 10:11 PM
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/adam-mckay-to-replace-edgar-wright-as-ant-man-director-1201199467/

UPDATE: “Anchorman” director Adam McKay, who was is in advanced talks Friday to replace Edgar Wright as helmer of Marvel’s “Ant-Man (http://variety.com/t/ant-man/),” has decided to pass on the superhero project, sources confirm.

Tribal Warfare
05-31-2014, 10:40 PM
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/adam-mckay-to-replace-edgar-wright-as-ant-man-director-1201199467/

UPDATE: “Anchorman” director Adam McKay, who was is in advanced talks Friday to replace Edgar Wright as helmer of Marvel’s “Ant-Man (http://variety.com/t/ant-man/),” has decided to pass on the superhero project, sources confirm.

fuck it, get Mel Brooks out retirement

Deberg_1990
05-31-2014, 11:10 PM

Probably for the best. I think Marvel just wants to bring in mostly point and shoot/yes men types, not real creative/auteur types. Whedon is a great writer, but I wouldn't consider him some visual genius. He's basically point and shoot.

Tribal Warfare
06-01-2014, 06:12 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>And yes, met w/Marvel. Kirby &amp; Lee r my Lennon Mccartney so it was awesome. But have other projects I'm committed to. Not sure it can work.</p>&mdash; Adam McKay (@GhostPanther) <a href="https://twitter.com/GhostPanther/statuses/472823583236845568">May 31, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Anyong Bluth
06-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Jared Leto rumored to be their target for casting Dr. Strange.

I think I like the choice if he'd do it?

Rausch
06-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Jared Leto rumored to be their target for casting Dr. Strange.

I think I like the choice if he'd do it?

He might be able to pull it off. When he was younger he really irritated me for some reason but the last few years he's done a really good job...

Aries Walker
06-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Some friends of mine and I were talking Benedict Cumberbatch.

Tribal Warfare
06-04-2014, 11:30 AM
He might be able to pull it off. When he was younger he really irritated me for some reason but the last few years he's done a really good job...

Well he does kind of look like Matt Cassel

Rausch
06-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Well he does kind of look like Matt Cassel

Ruined it for me...:(

unlurking
06-04-2014, 09:00 PM
http://screenrant.com/marvel-doctor-strange-movie-director-scott-derrickson/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpPNTn8CEAA6o8_.jpg

Rausch
06-04-2014, 09:04 PM
http://screenrant.com/marvel-doctor-strange-movie-director-scott-derrickson/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpPNTn8CEAA6o8_.jpg

BOOOOOOOOOOOO! :mad:

unlurking
06-04-2014, 09:08 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOO! :mad:
I've not seen any of his work, so I have no opinion yet.

Rausch
06-04-2014, 09:24 PM
I've not seen any of his work, so I have no opinion yet.

He fits every cheesy horror trope possible in his movies.

There's nothing really new to anything in his movies. It's a collection of devices used over the years all collected under one roof.

Jump scare. Spooky kid. Birds smashing into windows. Furniture being stacked...

Aries Walker
06-04-2014, 09:43 PM
It seems to me like they want someone competent who will do what he's told, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Tribal Warfare
06-05-2014, 12:47 AM
It seems to me like they want someone competent who will do what he's told, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

They way it seems some of the big name Directors want to go so far out of canon (Shane Black) that they don't want the same Iron Man 3 backlash from the ardent fans of the comics.

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2014, 03:38 AM
Marvel Starts ‘Doctor Strange’ Search: Tom Hardy, Benedict Cumberbatch Early Wish-Listers (http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/marvel-starts-doctor-strange-search-tom-hardy-benedict-cumberbatch-early-wish-listers/)

EXCLUSIVE: Here’s some hot superhero dish to take into the weekend. There are reports tonight that Peyton Reed and David Wain are being considered for Ant-Man, but man, we are progressing down the comedy director food chain, and this is starting to feel stale. So how about Doctor Strange? Marvel is BenedictCumberbatch putting together its cast list, and I’m hearing that Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are on it. While Marvel has teased this property with mentions in films including Captain America: The Winter Soldier, the film solidified and felt urgent when Scott Derrickson tweeted this week that he will direct the script by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer.

The character has been around since the early 1960s, during that crazy period where just about all the spandex-clad heroes in all the Hollywood blockbusters were hatched at Marvel Comics headquarters (that might be a movie). Stan Lee and Steve Ditko created the character in 1963 as a neurosurgeon who serves as the Sorcerer Supreme, protecting Earth against magical and mystical threats with powers of sorcery, mysticism, and martial arts. Marvel’s Kevin Feige is producing. These two guys aren’t the only ones in the mix, but let’s face it, they are both poised to become major stars. Hardy, by way of playing Bane in The Dark Knight Rises, is closer. He just starred in the superb Steven Knight-directed drama Locke, and he wrapped Child 44 and Mad Max: Fury Road. Cumberbatch, coming off August: Osage County and 12 Years A Slave, next will be seen starring in the Morten Tyldum-directed Imitation Game, which The Weinstein Company opens on November 21 during Oscar season. Both of them have been lining up movies left and right, so scheduling might be an issue. We’ll see who Marvel ultimately lands, but it’s hard to go wrong either way here if one of these guys get the job.

Guru
06-10-2014, 03:54 AM
I still can't believe Hardy was the Nemesis in Star Trek Nemesis.

Aries Walker
06-10-2014, 04:55 AM
Dear God, not Tom Hardy. Why not Oded Fehr? (He was the guy with the face tattoos in The Mummy).

Anyong Bluth
06-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Dear God, not Tom Hardy. Why not Oded Fehr? (He was the guy with the face tattoos in The Mummy).

Ya know thats a great call. Too bad with the character a relative unknown to the masses they are going to want a familiar face / name I bet...

Buehler445
06-10-2014, 11:28 AM

I don't get the Hardy hate. I've liked him in damn near everything he's been in. I even like him in that crap movie he was in with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon.

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2014, 01:18 PM
I don't get the Hardy hate. I've liked him in damn near everything he's been in. I even like him in that crap movie he was in with Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon.

Only reason I wouldn't want Hardy as Strange is Superhero overload since he already did Bane in a DCU

Aries Walker
06-10-2014, 02:07 PM
That doesn't mean much now. DC doesn't seem to care about Ben Affleck's Daredevil past; Chris Evans was the Human Torch before he was Captain America; Samuel L. Jackson was in The Spirit before all of the Avengers movies; Ryan Reynolds has been three different superheroes, and is probably still on the short list for a few more.

In the 40's, actors played different gumshoes. In the 60's, spies. In the 80's, horny teenagers. Now, it's superheroes. It happens.

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2014, 02:58 PM
That doesn't mean much now. DC doesn't seem to care about Ben Affleck's Daredevil past; Chris Evans was the Human Torch before he was Captain America; Samuel L. Jackson was in The Spirit before all of the Avengers movies; Ryan Reynolds has been three different superheroes, and is probably still on the short list for a few more.

In the 40's, actors played different gumshoes. In the 60's, spies. In the 80's, horny teenagers. Now, it's superheroes. It happens.

Ryan Reynolds is a perfect example of over saturation of Superhero roles, and it took me a little convincing to accept Evans as Cap too.

Rausch
06-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Ryan Reynolds is a perfect example of over saturation of Superhero roles, and it took me a little convincing to accept Evans as Cap too.

I think if the money, writing, and direction of Cap 1 was at the same level as Cap 2 it would have been much better. I like the idea of it being in the WWII period and where that story could have gone. The change in American ideals, culture, and morals could have made for some interesting commentary.

It was boldly meh...

ThaVirus
06-10-2014, 03:24 PM

Deadpool and Green Lantern. What other superhero has Ryan Reynolds played?

Tribal Warfare
06-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Deadpool and Green Lantern. What other superhero has Ryan Reynolds played?

Hannibal King in Blade Trinity and Nick Walker in RIPD

Just Passin' By
06-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Hardy and Cumberbatch are both high up on my "No thanks" list for Dr. Strange. I may be in the minority for that, and I'm probably in a ridiculously small minority for being adamantly enough opposed to Hardy that he'd probably get me to decide I'll never go to the movie, but so be it. I just don't like either one for the role.

DaveNull
06-10-2014, 04:48 PM
I could see Cumberbatch, but not Hardy. Would be nice for him to get a major role like this where he didn't have to be behind the Bane mask the whole time.

Deberg_1990
06-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I could see Cumberbatch, but not Hardy. Would be nice for him to get a major role like this where he didn't have to be behind the Bane mask the whole time.

He's the new Mad Max, which is supposed to come out next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Aries Walker
06-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Hannibal King in Blade Trinity and Nick Walker in RIPD
You beat me to Hannibal King. I had totally forgotten about R.I.P.D., unsurprisingly.

ThaVirus
06-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh, yeah. I always forget Blade is a comic book movie.

unlurking
06-10-2014, 08:19 PM

I'd rather see him take on the role of the real Mandarin.