PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Babb goes the dynamite - Baldwin’s play limiting Bowe’s importance

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 12:08 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/01/3737739/baldwins-play-limiting-bowes-importance.html

Baldwin’s play limiting Bowe’s importance

Baldwin is all in; Bowe still absent

BY KENT BABB

ST. JOSEPH -- The first segment of Chiefs training camp ended Tuesday with a night practice at Spratt Stadium, and whether you were there or not, you probably know about the first week’s biggest storyline.

Yes, that wide receiver everyone keeps talking about. It’s a shame he has baggage, because we could all be a little more certain about him if not for that. As it stands, this young wideout with so much talent — you’re not a first-round pick without big skills — could be a significant reason why the 2012 season is a success and not a failure.

Jon Baldwin, not Dwayne Bowe, has been the most important player for the Chiefs during this first week of the preseason, and boy, has he answered the challenge. Baldwin, not Bowe, is not only in attendance but is emerging as a player who looks like a young star who could give quarterback Matt Cassel a tall, powerful option down the field. Baldwin, not Bowe, is doing everything right when the man who was supposed to be his mentor is making a career mistake by refusing to sign his franchise tender — and allowing a second-year receiver to show the Chiefs how it’s done.

Let’s discuss Bowe for a moment. This is actually bad news for him. When a player decides to skip practices or weeks or an entire camp, it is to remind the team that it would be in trouble without him. Think this week was tough? Just imagine what it’d be like to go an entire season like this.

As it stands, with each passing day and each time Baldwin leaps to catch a touchdown pass in the back of the end zone, as he did Tuesday night, Bowe’s value and importance to the Chiefs drops. Oh, the Chiefs still want and expect Bowe to be on the practice field at some point, and would likely still pencil him into the starting lineup, but the absence of their 2007 first-round pick is being overshadowed by the presence of their 2011 first-round pick.

Baldwin has been so good that there’s no panic here. Cassel already looks more comfortable with the youngster than he ever has with Bowe. There’s more confidence that Baldwin will run a perfect route, will be there when the ball arrives, will hold onto it when it hits his hands. Baldwin has, in offseason practices and in a week of training camp, been everything you want a first-round receiver to be. For months now, Baldwin has taken such an impressive step that there’s not just hope but budding certainty that the Chiefs will be, for however long it’s necessary, just fine without Bowe.

There was suspicion last year that Baldwin might have been built in the same, undependable mold as his veteran teammate. When he stepped to running back Thomas Jones during last year’s camp, suffering a broken hand that would sideline him the first six weeks, it was easy to think that Baldwin was a high-risk player whose future already looked murky. He couldn’t even finish camp without finding trouble — a fight with a respected team leader, no less.

Time passed, though, and the Chiefs started asking questions and hearing encouraging answers. The first was whether Baldwin, a rookie, had been intimidated by Jones, who’s maybe the last person on Planet Earth that anyone should pick a fight with. When the team learned that Baldwin hadn’t been scared and had defended himself, coaches were disappointed that he’d been hurt, sure, but they kind of respected that he hadn’t been rattled.

Later, they asked whether Baldwin was doing all the right things in rehab and in the downtime that can make or break a rookie’s career. The kid kept his mouth closed, did what was asked, and when the cast finally came off and Baldwin made his NFL debut, he was well-conditioned, focused and able. A week later, in a home win against San Diego on Monday night, he came down with an acrobatic 39-yard touchdown catch that began to show what the Chiefs had been waiting for.

Those are the kinds of catches that Baldwin has been making consistently in OTAs and so far in training camp. If the Chiefs asked a new question — how will Baldwin respond when the spotlight shifts in his direction? — they’re learning the answer.

He’s making it look easy, while Bowe is just making life difficult.

It’s understandable that Bowe has no interest in participating in practices that’ll earn him zero additional dollars on top of his $9.5 million tender. These weeks are hot and thankless, and if you ask any veteran player what he won’t miss when it’s time to retire, he’ll likely say training camp. But the problem with Bowe is that there’s no way to know what he’ll look and play like when he finally does join the Chiefs, whether that’s Thursday (almost inconceivable) or shortly before the regular season begins (looking more likely by the day). This has been discussed and written to death, but Bowe doesn’t have a spotless history when it comes to these matters. With a new coach and quarterback in 2009, he arrived to camp around 30 pounds heavier than his target weight, and whether it was an accident or not, as he said at the time, Bowe turned to a diuretic to shed the extra pounds — a move that got him suspended for four games by the NFL.

So life with Bowe has been an adventure, and it continues to be. If he arrives out of shape and with no knowledge of the offense, there will be no hurry to rush him back into the starting lineup. That’s what he must have thought it would be like when he opted to skip practices and remind the Chiefs of his value. But that plan has now blown up in his face.

What’s interesting is that another receiver with a spotty history seems to have vowed to erase the doubt that lingers from the past; without a new contract to play for or a statement to make, Baldwin keeps making the dazzling plays and the easy ones, saying the right things, and just being a player the Chiefs can depend on day after day.

Now that Baldwin has made us think about it, none of that has ever been true of Bowe.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
*WHISTLES*

http://i.imgur.com/dlN5J.gif

KCrockaholic
08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
I hope Baldwin turns into a star and Bowe becomes expendable.

KCrockaholic
08-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Baldwin was one of my top fantasy sleepers this year. I hope the retards in my league aren't paying attention to how much rape Baldwin is going to be doing this year.

mr. tegu
08-02-2012, 12:13 AM

Why can't both be stars and both play for us?

jspchief
08-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Now that Cassel and Baldwin have won training camp, we can go ahead and cancel the season.

KCrockaholic
08-02-2012, 12:16 AM

Cause we're the Chiefs and we don't like to do things that way. Bowe will be gone after 2012, so we just better hope Baldwin becomes a star.

DeezNutz
08-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Babb: Baldwin to have 16 TDs in '12.

jd1020
08-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Sucks for Cassel that that red jersey on gameday doesn't have the same meaning as the practice version.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 12:21 AM
If Baldwin really is Megatron 2.0, NOT having Bowe out there to beast fuck defenses even more is probably more aggravating than failing because we don't have Bowe.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2012, 12:21 AM

Unpossible

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 12:23 AM
The first play of the first preseason game simply MUST be a deep ball to a wide open Baldwin, that is overthrown by 15 yards.

The fates demand it.

Quesadilla Joe
08-02-2012, 12:25 AM
The knock on Baldwin last year was that he couldn't beat the press. Wonder if he has improved in that area....

Can't make plays if you can't get off the LOS.

DeezNutz
08-02-2012, 12:35 AM
The knock on Baldwin last year was that he couldn't beat the press. Wonder if he has improved in that area....

Obviously the press is on his side now. Non-issue.

kcxiv
08-02-2012, 12:37 AM
We will see what happens once Cassel has pressure coming at how them balls to Baldwin look.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2012, 12:39 AM
We will see what happens once Cassel has pressure coming at how them balls to Baldwin look.

I'd love to see how Matt Cassel would respond to Hali, Arenas and Houston coming at him in a LIVE contact drill.

That would be awesome, IMO.

jspchief
08-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Kris Wilson is catching EVERYTHING in camp!

BossChief
08-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Baldwin should have been a top 15 pick at worst and probably should have gone in the top ten.

He is bigger, stronger, more athletic and faster than Bowe.

I wonder how Bowe is gonna respond to being the teams #2 receiver because Baldwin has pretty much cemented himself as the guy to fill the #1 receiver position during camp.

If I were opposing teams corners, I'd be shitting my pants thinking about #2 corners matching up against Bowe.

BigMeatballDave
08-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Pioli propaganda machine working hard...

ghak99
08-02-2012, 12:44 AM
I'd love to see how Matt Cassel would respond to Hali, Arenas and Houston coming at him in a LIVE contact drill.

Would make a good Depends for Men commercial.

DaneMcCloud
Kris Wilson is catching EVERYTHING in camp!

"Bigfoot".

For those of you newcomers, this is the man that coined that brilliant nickname.

RealSNR

You told us for years Bowe can't beat the press.

If Baldwin beats the press as successfully as Bowe does, I'll be happy

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2012, 12:47 AM

Or Grecian Formula. Or a renewman.com endorsee.

jspchief
08-02-2012, 12:59 AM
I wonder how Bowe is gonna respond to being the teams #2 receiver because Baldwin has pretty much cemented himself as the guy to fill the #1 receiver position during camp.

"cemented" the #1 spot after 5 days of camp?

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Baldwin should have been a top 15 pick at worst and probably should have gone in the top ten.

But he didn't.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2012, 01:03 AM

It happens.

Cassel did it in '09 and has never looked back.

DeezNutz
08-02-2012, 01:05 AM

"as the guy to fill..."

Whose shoes? Yeah...No idea what the fuck is going on with this forum tonight.

KCrockaholic
08-02-2012, 01:11 AM
We're back to KneeJerk Planet again.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 01:22 AM
So you guys think that with a new offense being installed and Baldwin learning ONLY the job of the #1 receiver (and is seemingly excelling at it) that the moment Bowe signs, they will make Baldwin change positions to the #2?

If that were the case, Baldwin would be practicing as the #2 and Breaston would be keeping the top spot warm for Bowes return.

Just a hunch, but...

To be honest, it seems a whole lot like the Chiefs are preparing for Bowe to be traded.

jspchief
08-02-2012, 01:25 AM
I think Bowe is arguably one of the five best WRs in the NFL, and its highly unlikely that he's lost his spot after 5 days of practice.

kcxiv
08-02-2012, 01:27 AM

It would be, to bad they arent allowed to touch Matt.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 01:39 AM
I think Bowe is arguably one of the five best WRs in the NFL, and its highly unlikely that he's lost his spot after 5 days of practice.

So you think hat with a week to prepare for our first regular season game, the team is gonna make both of our starting receivers learn a new set of responsibilities from a new playbook?

I doubt it, but I guess it could happen.

Chief_For_Life58
08-02-2012, 01:40 AM
So you guys think that with a new offense being installed and Baldwin learning ONLY the job of the #1 receiver (and is seemingly excelling at it) that the moment Bowe signs, they will make Baldwin change positions to the #2?

If that were the case, Baldwin would be practicing as the #2 and Breaston would be keeping the top spot warm for Bowes return.

Just a hunch, but...

To be honest, it seems a whole lot like the Chiefs are preparing for Bowe to be traded.

Yeah ive got to agree with this. As this whole bowe situation plays on this off season is seems more and more like were distancing ourselves from him. I hope i'm wrong. PAY THE MAN. Why cant we have 2 baller receivers?

Dave Lane
08-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Yeah ive got to agree with this. As this whole bowe situation plays on this off season is seems more and more like were distancing ourselves from him. I hope i'm wrong. PAY THE MAN. Why cant we have 2 baller receivers?

We cant "pay the man" till next season.

Dave Lane
08-02-2012, 03:44 AM

No way top 20 or so at best.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 03:52 AM
pioli speaks.....

Babb and fanbase fall in line

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 04:04 AM
Baldwin keeps making the dazzling plays and the easy ones, saying the right things, and just being a player the Chiefs can depend on day after day.

Now that Baldwin has made us think about it, none of that has ever been true of Bowe.

While Baldwin was out as a rookie for getting in a fight, Bowe was putting up another 80 catch, 1100 yard season.

Bowe had 1000 yards as a rookie on a much less talented team, the best other WR was Samie Parker. His QBs were Croyle and Huard.

This franchise is a joke. I didn't see anything in the article about fielding the best team, or winning a superbowl.

What a hatchet job by Pioli...should have titled the article "Bowe Is Probably A Rapist, Baldwin Goes To Church."

oh well, the fans don't give a shit as long as Pioli saves Clark's money...

DTLB58
08-02-2012, 04:20 AM

Just a hunch, but...

They can't be sure a trade would happen even if that's what they wanted.

How about this? Both sides agreed that Bowe sit out a portion of camp so that Cassel and Baldwin can get more accustom to each other? With Bowe there he would be getting all the attention/balls and Baldwin wouldn't be getting this time to develop. Just a thought.

DTLB58
08-02-2012, 04:26 AM
If there is one thing I've learned thru the many years of following the Chiefs during TC.....Our players always look better against our own D. Once we start playing games, it's like what happened to this guy? I thought he was suppose to be doing so awesome!

We are still talking about just practice here.

Chiefs=Champions
08-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Obviously the press is on his side now. Non-issue.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/356/moray.jpg

kysirsoze
08-02-2012, 05:50 AM
I just think this attack piece on Bowe sounds like it's from a pissed off fan. Isn't skipping some camp by franchised veterans a common occurrence? I know it's a new offense, but not a new QB. He'll be fine. Why pretend that Bowe isn't one of the most exciting play makers we've had in the last 20 years? Yay for Baldwin. I can't wait to see him. I'll reserve judgement, though, till he has one season where he compares to Bowe.

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Babb writes an article and CP takes it as gospel. The world is officially coming to an end.

If you guys think Pioli is feeding the KC Star info you don't understand how KC operates.

I think Babb just wrote a positive article about Baldwin pointing out the timing is good for him to break out since Bowe is not in camp.

It is like this part has been completely ignored.

Oh, the Chiefs still want and expect Bowe to be on the practice field at some point, and would likely still pencil him into the starting lineup, but the absence of their 2007 first-round pick is being overshadowed by the presence of their 2011 first-round pick.

Damn that fool for writing the truth.

jspchief
08-02-2012, 06:00 AM
No way top 20 or so at best.

What?

Ok, show me your list of 19 WRs better than Bowe. This should be good.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Babb writes an article and CP takes it as gospel. The world is officially coming to an end.

If you guys think Pioli is feeding the KC Star info you don't understand how KC operates.

I think Babb just wrote a positive article about Baldwin pointing out the timing is good for him to break out since Bowe is not in camp.

It is like this part has been completely ignored.

Oh, the Chiefs still want and expect Bowe to be on the practice field at some point, and would likely still pencil him into the starting lineup, but the absence of their 2007 first-round pick is being overshadowed by the presence of their 2011 first-round pick.

Damn that fool for writing the truth.

actually, if you read the article:

Baldwin keeps making the dazzling plays and the easy ones, saying the right things, and just being a player the Chiefs can depend on day after day.

that's what Pioli says...and it is so hilariously wrong, and factually incorrect, that it would take the world's biggest homer to not see it...

Dayze
08-02-2012, 06:36 AM
There was a fool on the radio, some "national" dude....said Bowe wasn't in the top 10. Which, I thought was retarded.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 06:38 AM
watching Pioli turn the fanbase against one of our best players has been sad, and enlightening...

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Baldwin is the new Devard Darling.

Micjones
08-02-2012, 06:50 AM
I'm excited about the possibilities for Baldwin, but until this camp world-beating translates onto the field in a real football game...
Bowe isn't expendable. Not even close.

DaKCMan AP
08-02-2012, 06:55 AM
DaKCMan AP had been a Baldwin fan prior to KC drafting him. Dude has all the potential in the world.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7230712&postcount=31
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7348829&postcount=3

And I've stated previously that he was, IMO, a better prospect than Bowe coming out of college.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7603625&postcount=38

That said, I want both lining up at WR. It shouldn't be an either-or.

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 06:59 AM
After seeing what is going on with Bowe, Albert should be holding out for a contract extension right now.

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Baldwin was drafted because they were either planning to trade Bowe or planned for him to not sign his deal. Kiss Bowe goodbye, folks.

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 07:10 AM
DaKCMan AP had been a Baldwin fan prior to KC drafting him. Dude has all the potential in the world.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7230712&postcount=31
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7348829&postcount=3

And I've stated previously that he was, IMO, a better prospect than Bowe coming out of college.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7603625&postcount=38

That said, I want both lining up at WR. It shouldn't be an either-or.

That is NOT the Patriot Way

DaKCMan AP
08-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Baldwin was drafted because they were either planning to trade Bowe or planned for him to not sign his deal. Kiss Bowe goodbye, folks.

It had nothing to do with drafting a talented WR to pair with another talented WR? Is there some rule against having two quality starting WRs?

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 07:13 AM
actually, if you read the article:

that's what Pioli says...and it is so hilariously wrong, and factually incorrect, that it would take the world's biggest homer to not see it...

#1 - I am not a Pioli fan, you can find evidence of that in my post the last year or so.

#2 - Link? Show me where Pioli has made this statement? They told him to tone down the D-Bowe show 2 years ago but I don't remember the last negative thing said from Pioli and company about Bowe. When was it said and what was it? Link?

You guy are just making shit up now. As much as Pioli frustrates me the BS thrown around here like it is fact is worse than what Pioli is putting out.

Here is what Pioli did say -

“This is one of those questions, and I understand you asking,”Pioli told Jay Binkley on 610. “It has to come up. But out of respect to Dwayne, the process, the Chiefs and everybody involved, I just don’t think it’s healthy to talk about it, Jay, because I could say something seemingly innocuous about where things are or where I hope things to be and it be, not twisted by you, but just maybe taken the wrong way by someone. Everyone knows what the circumstances are, what the deadlines are, and those things tend to work themselves out. I don’t ever want Dwayne or anyone else to think we’re trying to leverage him, or he’s trying to leverage us. Right way the way things are it’s being handed professionally by both sides.”

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2012/07/31/scott-pioli-talks-dwayne-bowe/

Micjones
08-02-2012, 07:13 AM

I think it was one part insurance policy and one part need to upgrade the position.

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 07:14 AM

Can I get your draft room access card for next year? I will give you premium $ for it.

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Is there some rule against having two quality starting WRs?

I believe there is. Clark's alligator wallet can only be opened for one WR at a time.

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 07:18 AM
It had nothing to do with drafting a talented WR to pair with another talented WR? Is there some rule against having two quality starting WRs?

How's that working out with the contract talks? It was a "just in case" pick. I'm guessing here, but look at what is happening now.

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Can I get your draft room access card for next year? I will give you premium $ for it.

Get in line

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 07:19 AM
I think it was one part insurance policy and one part need to upgrade the position.

True indeed

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 07:20 AM
why would we want two good players when we can be mediocre with just one, while saving money?

when you think about it that way, it makes perfect sense...

jspchief
08-02-2012, 07:21 AM
I think it was one part insurance policy and one part need to upgrade the position.It's entirely possible that he was the best guy left on their board. Although Pioli hasn't exactly shown a habit of taking BPA.

I'd like to think the FO isn't drafting guys in the first round for insurance. There's no question the team was in need of WRs at the time he was taken. And in terms of the other guys still available, no one else really fit.

Ace Gunner
08-02-2012, 07:22 AM
If this is any indication, the Bowe exit is going to be hilarious.

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 07:23 AM
why would we want two good players when we can be mediocre with just one, while saving money?

when you think about it that way, it makes perfect sense...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/shaka1213/B2/Blog%20pics/thats-gold-jerry.png

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 07:24 AM
I believe there is. Clark's alligator wallet can only be opened for one WR at a time.

So you forget Breaston has a $4.5MM cap number and they are paying him $3.5MM this year. (it also seams everyone has just completely forgot about Breaston period)

Bowe will make $9.4MM

Baldwin about $1.6MM

Hardly a dirt cheap WR core.

jspchief
08-02-2012, 07:24 AM
If this is any indication, the Bowe exit is going to be hilarious.Not really. Moves that make the team worse aren't funny, regardless of the reaction they get on a message board.

DaKCMan AP
08-02-2012, 07:25 AM
How's that working out with the contract talks? It was a "just in case" pick. I'm guessing here, but look at what is happening now.

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Hopefully, fucking HOPEFULLY our offense kicks the majorist ass this year and Bowe AND the Chiefs see that we could be on to something beautiful and they decided to meet in the middle on the price talks..........hopefully!!!

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 07:26 AM

Wow, do you want a cookie or something? I giving my opinion, you guys are the ones acting like I work for the Chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-02-2012, 07:28 AM
You told us for years Bowe can't beat the press.

If Baldwin beats the press as successfully as Bowe does, I'll be happy

He needs to worry about that gimp Delerium Tremens pussing out again and breaking the piggy bank to buy stickum for his hero.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Baldwin is the new Devard Darling.

I have no idea what kind of shit you were smoking, but it must have been damn good to pimp DVD that hard. Baldwin is in another stratosphere talent wise.

DaKCMan AP
08-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Wow, do you want a cookie or something?

Chocolate chip.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 07:35 AM
I have no idea what kind of shit you were smoking, but it must have been damn good to pimp DVD that hard.

He had a good camp. I never said the guy was going to a Pro Bowl or anything. I thought he could be a solid #2, it got blown out of proportion by idiots here.

jspchief
08-02-2012, 07:37 AM
He had a good camp. I never said the guy was going to a Pro Bowl or anything. I thought he could be a solid #2, it got blown out of proportion by idiots here.Oh, something got blown out of proportion by an idiot. That's for certain.

Reerun_KC
08-02-2012, 07:39 AM

to bad Matt is the only QB in the league scared of those 3....

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Chocolate chip.

:thumb:

jspchief
08-02-2012, 07:41 AM
to bad Matt is the only QB in the league scared of those 3....gtfo

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Oh, something got blown out of proportion by an idiot. That's for certain.

LMAO

I never blew DVD out of proportion. I thought he could be something akin to Willie Davis, no more. There were never any comparisons to great receivers, or even good ones.

Reerun_KC
08-02-2012, 07:44 AM
LMAO

I never blew DVD out of proportion. I thought he could be something akin to Willie Davis, no more. There were never any comparisons to great receivers, or even good ones.Only present facts?

ROFL

jspchief
08-02-2012, 07:44 AM
LMAO

I never blew DVD out of proportion. I thought he could be something akin to Willie Davis, no more. There were never any comparisons to great receivers, or even good ones.To be fair, I thought Darling was going to be a solid addition also. I just wasn't as "enthusiastic" about it as you.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Babbioli or Piolabb?

i think Babbioli

bevischief
08-02-2012, 07:52 AM

ROFL

Reerun_KC
08-02-2012, 07:54 AM

I wonder how our message board bad asses would holdup?

Probably make a great Tampax commercial....

Sofa King
08-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Bowe is the best wr I've ever seen play in KC, and knowing that this front office is going to let him get away is just fucking sickening. Bowe leaves and Cassel stays... How fucking unfair is that to the fans.

These articles knocking Bowe down are disgusting.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Bowe is the best wr I've ever seen play in KC, and knowing that this front office is going to let him get away is just fucking sickening. Bowe leaves and Cassel stays... How fucking unfair is that to the fans.

These articles knocking Bowe down are disgusting.

Is it possible we're over valuing Bowe simply because our WR history is so shitty?

Reerun_KC
08-02-2012, 08:05 AM
:facepalm:

RippedmyFlesh
08-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Is it possible we're over valuing Bowe simply because our WR history is so shitty?

I've been following the chiefs since Stram's days and I can not remember a better trio of wr's better than what we have today. Even during Otis Taylor's best years we didn't have 2 other receivers as good as Baldwin and Breaston.

Reerun_KC
08-02-2012, 08:09 AM
I've been following the chiefs since Stram's days and I can not remember a better trio of wr's than what we have today. Even during Otis Taylor's best years we didn't have 2 other receivers as good as Baldwin and Breaston.

No but this guy was a stud in a no passing league....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephone_Paige

Not that these guys would remember...

Micjones
08-02-2012, 08:15 AM
It's entirely possible that he was the best guy left on their board. Although Pioli hasn't exactly shown a habit of taking BPA.

I'd like to think the FO isn't drafting guys in the first round for insurance. There's no question the team was in need of WRs at the time he was taken. And in terms of the other guys still available, no one else really fit.

He's a hell of an insurance policy though.
It's not like he's some schlub at his position.
He was one of the very best in his draft class at WR.

And again, we did have a need there.

DBOSHO
08-02-2012, 08:17 AM
I almost wish bowe would leave and go to a team with an elite quarterback.

He could probably put up 1400 and 15 every year with a guy like brady, brees ect and it would make pioli look like a dumbass.

RippedmyFlesh
08-02-2012, 08:18 AM

I agree Paige was a beast. You can argue about the best wideouts we have had I just don't ever remember having 3 good wideouts at the same time as we do now. Paige ,Marshall,and Carson would be the closest to what we have now.

Reerun_KC
08-02-2012, 08:23 AM
I agree Paige was a beast. You can argue about the best wideouts we have had I just don't ever remember having 3 good wideouts at the same time as we do now. Paige ,Marshall,and Carson would be the closest to what we have now.

I couldnt remember Marshalls name. I was sitting here :banghead: trying to figure it out.

But yeah those 3 were the best we have had as a Trio until now...

TEX
08-02-2012, 08:26 AM
I've been following the chiefs since Stram's days and I can not remember a better trio of wr's better than what we have today. Even during Otis Taylor's best years we didn't have 2 other receivers as good as Baldwin and Breaston.

And that's it - we need a TRIO. As good as the passing game can be with Baldwin and Breaston, it's much better when the Chiefs add Bowe.

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 08:28 AM

He wasn't as good as Bowe in relation to his peers.

Sofa King

I don't think so. The other top wr's in the league almost all have amazing qb's.

I think it's astonishing to see what Bowe has done with far shittier qb's.

Lbedrock1

This is a messed up mindset, because you will be saying the samething about Baldwin when it is his turn to get paid. This will keep the Chiefs from ever making it over the hump. We need both recievers for this team to be a high scoring playoff contender. Two awesome wideout are better than one. Ask Rogers, Manning, and Brees. We can act like we do not need or want Bowe but I believe it is a mistake we should pay him.

Reerun_KC
He wasn't as good as Bowe in relation to his peers.

Never said he was. But during the time he played he was a stud for the chiefs...

TEX
08-02-2012, 08:30 AM
This is a messed up mindset, because you will be saying the samething about Baldwin when it is his turn to get paid. This will keep the Chiefs from ever making it over the hump. We need both recievers for this team to be a high scoring playoff contender. Two awesome wideout are better than one. Ask Rogers, Manning, and Brees. We can act like we do not need or want Bowe but I believe it is a mistake we should pay him.

I agree - but he needs to come off his demands a bit. He's not worth what he is asking. He is not a top 3 WR.

HemiEd
08-02-2012, 09:03 AM
I almost wish bowe would leave and go to a team with an elite quarterback.

He could probably put up 1400 and 15 every year with a guy like brady, brees ect and it would make pioli look like a dumbass.

Why do you hate the Chiefs?

Setsuna
08-02-2012, 09:05 AM

The NY Giants say, "Nope."

KCrockaholic
08-02-2012, 09:19 AM

As I've stated a few times, I believe 100% that Bowe is gone after this year. We need Baldwin to become an impactful player. It's not about wanting to have Bowe leave. Trust me, I'd love to have Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston for many years, but it wont happen with this team.

saphojunkie
08-02-2012, 09:27 AM
As I've stated a few times, I believe 100% that Bowe is gone after this year. We need Baldwin to become an impactful player. It's not about wanting to have Bowe leave. Trust me, I'd love to have Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston for many years, but it wont happen with this team.

I think the writing is on the wall. I tend to agree with you, and I, for one, would just like to make sure Bowe doesn't walk for nothing.

Fish
08-02-2012, 09:32 AM

But that mindset is absurd. All that does is make the team desperately dependent on Baldwin's impact and health.

There's no reason this team can't have several good WRs at the same time. There's no reason this team, or any team in today's league, shouldn't have as many dependable WR options as possible.

"It's OK to let Bowe walk, because we think we have somebody that could be just as good."

That isn't a strategy. That's just risky as hell and poor planning.

Demonpenz
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Bowe = Roy Williams WR Lions
Baldwin = Megatron.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
we could have:

Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston (potentially one of the best groups in the league)

instead Pioli has convinced fans to prefer:

Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster (unproven and unremarkable)

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I agree - but he needs to come off his demands a bit. He's not worth what he is asking. He is not a top 3 WR.

What is he asking?

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 09:40 AM
While Baldwin was out as a rookie for getting in a fight, Bowe was putting up another 80 catch, 1100 yard season.

Bowe had 1000 yards as a rookie on a much less talented team, the best other WR was Samie Parker. His QBs were Croyle and Huard.

This franchise is a joke. I didn't see anything in the article about fielding the best team, or winning a superbowl.

What a hatchet job by Pioli...should have titled the article "Bowe Is Probably A Rapist, Baldwin Goes To Church."

oh well, the fans don't give a shit as long as Pioli saves Clark's money...

ROFL ROFL ROFL

WTF does this article have to do with Pioli? Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now blaming Pioli for a Piece that Babb wrote?

Are you kidding me? Have you lost your goddamn mind or something?

You think Babb, the guy who wrote the Wire Tap scandal article, is doing fluff pieces for Pioli?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

You done lost your mind, son.

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Pioli propaganda machine working hard...

ROFL ROFL

Retarded.....JFC....what is wrong with you people....

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 09:43 AM
watching Pioli turn the fanbase against one of our best players has been sad, and enlightening...

You are sad, sad little man. Blaming Pioli for this article makes you sound like Gochiefs, it really does.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 09:44 AM
After Babb roasted Pioli over an open spit for Spygate II/CandyWrappergate, there's no way he's a shill for the Chiefs.

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 09:44 AM
we could have:

Man you are a dumbass.

What fan prefers that? Name 1?

durtyrute
08-02-2012, 09:45 AM
ROFL ROFL

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/9/19/128978447299289949.jpg

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 09:46 AM
After Babb roasted Pioli over an open spit for Spygate II/CandyWrappergate, there's no way he's a shill for the Chiefs.

ROFL ROFL

I just dont get it. Babb could've gotten Pioli thrown in Jail with those allegations, he could've created a whole mess for the Chiefs organization if those allegations were true....

Yet these guys think Babb is Pioli's media puppet.

When GoChiefs and The Macho Man have to be your voice of reason, then you've gone full ****ing retard.

Jesus H. Christ, kids wtf have you been smoking?

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Man you are a dumbass.

every fan who has posted about Bowe being and overrated #2, not as good as Antonio Brown, primadonna thug who flexed once and is asking for a $4000 million dollar contract so trade him for draft picks...

all points made are from actual posts on this board...it's the reading thing, you do it poorly

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Babb might not be a shill, but he does not care for Bowe. He's been running the Bowe is a problem player crap all off season.

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Babb might not be a shill, but he does not care for Bowe. He's been running the Bowe is a problem player crap all off season.

That very well may be, but that sure as fuck doesn't mean he is writing fluff pieces for Pioli....LMAO

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Man you are a dumbass.

and to answer your dumb question directly: bosschief, who wants him traded yesterday...

again, the reading thing

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 09:54 AM
every fan who has posted about Bowe being and overrated #2, not as good as Antonio Brown, primadonna thug who flexed once and is asking for a $4000 million dollar contract so trade him for draft picks...

all points made are from actual posts on this board...it's the reading thing, you do it poorly

Really?

What fan here has called Bowe a "Primadonna thug"? or an "Overrated #2"?

The only guy who even comes close to spewing that kinda BS is that Chiefsfootball fan guy, and not even he knocks Bowe that much.

You've gone full retard through out this whole thread.

You're hate (Founded or not) for Pioli has completely consumed you.

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 09:54 AM
That very well may be, but that sure as **** doesn't mean he is writing fluff pieces for Pioli....LMAO

Was his article about Haley being a delusional paranoid really a negative about Pioli, or did it just bring further heat on Haley and give Pioli leverage when firing Haley?

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Was his article about Haley being a delusional paranoid really a negative about Pioli, or did it just bring further heat on Haley and give Pioli leverage when firing Haley?

The article wasn't about Haley being a delusional paranoid. It didn't paint Haley in that light at all, so stop trying to play that BS card. You know damn well what the intentions of that article were.

saphojunkie
08-02-2012, 09:56 AM

Okay, for the record:

1. Dwayne Bowe is a #1 wide receiver in this league.
2. If Bowe is a #2, that team has the best WR corps in the league.
3. Bowe likely wants more money than is his market value.
4. Pioli won't pay above market value for a player.
5. Bowe has some baggage.
6. That baggage hasn't been present for years.
7. A lot of people hint that Bowe doesn't run his routes as precisely as the coaches would like.
8. Matt Cassel needs all the help he can get.
9. Bowe is help.
10. Bowe running proper routes is better help.
11. We have the cap room to overpay him.
12. Still won't happen.
13. No one wants Bowe gone.
14. No one is 100% convinced Bowe won't be gone.
15. If Bowe leaves, it would be good to get a draft pick in exchange.
16. That draft pick could be used to move up for an elite QB in the draft.
17. I will take an elite QB prospect over 4,000 million Bowes.
18. This team will not be as good without Bowe as with Bowe.
19. All we can do is sit around and watch what happens.

Is there anything there that is untrue?

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 09:57 AM
and to answer your dumb question directly: bosschief, who wants him traded yesterday...

again, the reading thing

I read very well and have yet to read 1 person who "prefers" your BS scenario. Not one.

TimeForWasp
08-02-2012, 10:00 AM
I really don't understand the big deal about the #1 or #2 wide reciever. If they are both on the field at the same time, The QB is going to throw to the person who gets open, if the QB is worth a shit.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2012, 10:00 AM
only if you are just 'trying to get by'

Baldwin,Bowe,Breaston is trying to do than just get by

IF Baldwin really is going to be great ... right now it's just another training camp rumor.

Holladay
08-02-2012, 10:07 AM
how many dropped balls does Bowe have?

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 10:08 AM
The article wasn't about Haley being a delusional paranoid. It didn't paint Haley in that light at all, so stop trying to play that BS card. You know damn well what the intentions of that article were.

The knee-jerk reaction was "Pioli is bugging phones and Arrowhead is a horrible place to work." Within a week people were saying "these are serious allegations, if there is any proof of this it is trouble. Haley needs to put up or shut up." I can't help it if you never got past the knee jerk portion.

Sofa King
08-02-2012, 10:17 AM
how many dropped balls does Bowe have?

Fuck you.

Rausch
08-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Baldwin has been so good that there’s no panic here. Cassel already looks more comfortable with the youngster than he ever has with Bowe. There’s more confidence that Baldwin will run a perfect route, will be there when the ball arrives, will hold onto it when it hits his hands. Baldwin has, in offseason practices and in a week of training camp, been everything you want a first-round receiver to be. For months now, Baldwin has taken such an impressive step that there’s not just hope but budding certainty that the Chiefs will be, for however long it’s necessary, just fine without Bowe.

Everyone looks good in TC you fucktard...

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 10:21 AM
The knee-jerk reaction was "Pioli is bugging phones and Arrowhead is a horrible place to work." Within a week people were saying "these are serious allegations, if there is any proof of this it is trouble. Haley needs to put up or shut up." I can't help it if you never got past the knee jerk portion.

WTF are you talking about?

WHAT?

:facepalm:

The reaction occured because THAT'S WHAT WAS WRITTEN. THAT IS WHAT THE ARTICLE INTENDED TO CREATE.

WTF are you talking about?

Micjones
08-02-2012, 10:24 AM
we could have:

How the Hell is Steve Breaston unproven?

Mr. Laz
08-02-2012, 10:26 AM
we could have:

really ... where has Pioli said anything about it?

do i need to put on a tinfoil hat for your response?

Breaston is not unproven

bevischief
Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb

Getting some questions re:Bowe possibly being traded. Certainly wouldn't count on it. His value is fairly low & is getting lower by the day

BossChief
we could have:

Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster (unproven and unremarkable)what a stupid post

all points made are from actual posts on this board...it's the reading thing, you do it poorlyFucking clown shoes wearing bitch.

You can never have a conversation without outright lying to try and make a point, can you.

Something bitches commonly do.

again, the reading thing

Is it hard to get up and down stairs with those clown shoes on?

Seriously.

How many times should I say this before you comprehend it?

I WOULD GIVE BOWE A 8/100 WITH 40 GUARANTEED CONTRACT BUT IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO TAKE A REASONABLE CONTRACT, ID MOVE HIM BEFORE HE LEAVES AND WE GET NOTHING IN RETURN.

Its a real shame how far the drafturbators have fallen since Hamas isnt around to drag them around by telling them what to think.

ModSocks

Some of these guys have lost their mind today. It's driving me crazy because some of these guys are posters that i normally view as good, smart posters.

But a lot of them, recently, have just been spewing made up BS.

bevischief
08-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb
Trading in NFL is much different than MLB; with Bowe not practicing & contract issue, he'd be worth maybe a 3rd-rndr or lower. Believe it.

The Franchise
08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Its a real shame how far the drafturbators have fallen since Hamas isnt around to drag them around by telling them what to think.

Ummm.....The Talking Can has never been talked about as being a Drafturbator.

Rausch
08-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb

Getting some questions re:Bowe possibly being traded. Certainly wouldn't count on it. His value is fairly low & is getting lower by the day

No, it's not...

Mr. Laz
08-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Kent Babb ‏@kentbabb
Trading in NFL is much different than MLB; with Bowe not practicing & contract issue, he'd be worth maybe a 3rd-rndr or lower. Believe it.
Babb's an idiot

Bowe's value is EXACTLY where a team had it before

I'm not saying it's high or low ... just saying that missing a week of training camp doesn't change it.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Ummm.....The Talking Can has never been talked about as being a Drafturbator.oh please, if he's not then he's had his nose up drafturbator ass so long he's nose is permanently stained brown.

lcarus
I don't give a shit. I want Bowe and Baldwin both.

Ace Gunner
ROFL ROFL

Just sit back and enjoy man. the meltdown and subsequent flip flop has only begun:)

The Franchise
08-02-2012, 10:34 AM
oh please, if he's not then he's had his nose up drafturbator ass so long he's nose is permanently stained brown.

Kind of like yours and EVERY female on this board.

Rausch
08-02-2012, 10:36 AM
I WOULD GIVE BOWE A 8/100 WITH 40 GUARANTEED CONTRACT BUT IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO TAKE A REASONABLE CONTRACT, ID MOVE HIM BEFORE HE LEAVES AND WE GET NOTHING IN RETURN.

There is absolutely no reason for Bowe to sign here for a "reasonable" contract.

He can hold out until game day and then show up and collect checks. He won't sign a long term contract for his worth because he's got a new HC and total dog$3it QB throwing to him.

He's 28 and looking at his last best shot at a huge deal.

Why do the Jets, Ravens, Chiefs, and Dolphins have a hard time landing FA WR's?

QB...

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Just sit back and enjoy man. the meltdown and subsequent flip flop has only begun:)

I can't. It's freaking me out and im not sure how to handle it, lol.

The posters that normally had something to say that made sense are now just making shit up for the sake of arguing. They're going against their own logic, trying to argue against air essentially.

The Death of the Draftabulators.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Ummm.....The Talking Can has never been talked about as being a Drafturbator.

You are probably right and it was probably unfair to lump him and OTWP in with the rest of you guys.

Im not sure what has happened with those two, but the quality of their posts has fallen off of a fucking cliff lately.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Kind of like yours and EVERY female on this board.
LMAO

all 2 of them?

weak ass smack, even for you

The Franchise
08-02-2012, 10:43 AM
LMAO

all 2 of them?

weak ass smack, even for you

There's 2?

Luv
Dylan
Lumpy
Jilly
KCChiefsQT

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I can't believe TTC is in the minority defending Bowe. Wow.

Rausch
08-02-2012, 10:44 AM
There's 2?

Luv
Dylan
Lumpy
Jilly
KCChiefsQT

Has QT even posted in the last two years?...

bevischief
08-02-2012, 10:45 AM

ROFLROFL This is all have been doing for the last few days at all of this.

The Franchise
08-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Has QT even posted in the last two years?...

Yeah....she actually posted a couple of months ago.

Mr. Laz
08-02-2012, 10:47 AM
There's 2?

Luv
Dylan
Lumpy
Jilly
KCChiefsQT
wow ... you got me

good thing you can count

completely missing the point, but good counting

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 10:51 AM

Defending Bowe? I didn't realize Bowe was in need of defending. There you go again, making shit up.

Who is attacking Bowe? Show me.

TTC is in the minority assuming that Babb is a Pioli Puppet and claiming that this is a Pioli fluff piece.

Who, aside from Babb who clearly has some fucking agenda with Bowe, is attacking him?

Hrrrrmm? Mr Smarty pants? Who?

RealSNR
08-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Defending Bowe? I didn't realize Bowe was in need of defending. There you go again, making shit up.

Who is attacking Bowe? Show me
The only person that matters.

Pioli.

RealSNR
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
I knew the drafturbators back when they were the Four Horsemen and went around bruising vaginas left and right.

I know what is and is not a drafturbator.

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
The only person that matters.

Pioli.

Pioli is attacking Bowe?

LMAO

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 11:01 AM
I knew the drafturbators back when they were the Four Horsemen and went around bruising vaginas left and right.

Bruising Vagina's?

ROFL

The only time they ever had anything worth arguing was when this team was undeniably bad.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 11:01 AM

Funny how you were the drafturbator whipping boy for so long and now that you are trying to be like one of them, you throw out some of the same sad and foolish shit.

TTC is the only one defending Bowe?

hahahaha

There arent more than a handful of posters on this whole board that would CHOOSE to trade Bowe and NOT have him signed long term.

In fact, I'm not even sure there is ONE.

Rausch
08-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah....she actually posted a couple of months ago.

I stand corrected.

Rausch
08-02-2012, 11:04 AM

I'm still not clear on this.

Apparently this became big on the Planet while I had my 1 year leave.

Clarification on "True Fan" and "Drafturbator" would be appreciated...

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 11:05 AM
You are probably right and it was probably unfair to lump him and OTWP in with the rest of you guys.

Im not sure what has happened with those two, but the quality of their posts has fallen off of a ****ing cliff lately.

that's what you usually say when people laugh at your posts

but hey, if you were GM, you would trade Bowe - who isn't better than antonio brown by your take - for multiple firsts...then you would sign Brown, who is as good as Bowe, for nothing...

wheeeeeeeeee......magic ponies for everyone

oh, and you would have used a 2nd on Stanzi....yeah, quality takes, brah

this place is basically now WPI, cograts

Reerun_KC
08-02-2012, 11:05 AM
only thing that can stop the bleeding in this thread

http://www.savingwithshellie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Tampax.jpg

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Funny how you were the drafturbator whipping boy for so long and now that you are trying to be like one of them, you throw out some of the same sad and foolish shit.

TTC is the only one defending Bowe?

hahahaha

There arent more than a handful of posters on this whole board that would CHOOSE to trade Bowe and NOT have him signed long term.

In fact, I'm not even sure there is ONE.

Be like one of them? Stop, I'm one of the most independent people on this board.

I think the "sign long term" train left the station a few weeks ago when a deal wasn't done. They might as well put Baldwin at the #1 spot and keep him there all year regardless of when Bowe shows up, because that's the future.

Pioli screwed the pooch big time not getting Bowe or Carr signed to a long term deal and anybody defending Pioli needs to realize he set the team back by not doing so.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Clarification on "True Fan" and "Drafturbator" would be appreciated...

True fans love defense, trading for backup quarterbacks and defending anything with an arrowhead on it's helmet at all costs.

Drafturbators like 1st round QBs and refuse to praise everything the Chiefs do just because the Chiefs are doing it.

Reerun_KC
08-02-2012, 11:11 AM
True fans love defense, trading for backup quarterbacks and defending anything with an arrowhead on it's helmet at all costs.

Drafturbators like 1st round QBs and refuse to praise everything the Chiefs do just because the Chiefs are doing it.

this has to be the smartest, most intelligent post of your time here on CP...

bevischief
only thing that can stop the bleeding in this thread

http://www.savingwithshellie.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Tampax.jpg

And lots of it.ROFLROFL

BossChief
that's what you usually say when people laugh at your posts

but hey, if you were GM, you would trade Bowe - who isn't better than antonio brown by your take - for multiple firsts...then you would sign Brown, who is as good as Bowe, for nothing...

wheeeeeeeeee......magic ponies for everyone

oh, and you would have used a 2nd on Stanzi....yeah, quality takes, brah

this place is basically now WPI, cograts

clown shoes post right there.

Full of lies.

1) I have never said that Brown is as good as Bowe. Not once, soif you want to continue making this claim expect to be called a bitch and a liar.

I'm sure you're used to it.

2) Your reading comprehension is evidently at the level of a kindergartner. No matter how many times I have said that my preference is to re-sign Bowe for a reasonable (even if the amount is crazy for a receiver) contract and only if that cannot be achieved would I trade him...you cannot understand it.

I'm sorry that you cant read, I really am.

the Talking Can

reading is so hard....is this a running gag of yours?

breaston is nice complimentary piece, the rest are unproven

the difference between the two groups is radical, and obvious

should I add an audio track to my posts for a the text impaired? write in esperanto?

use sign language?

or should I just dig up old posts from the archives and pass them off as my own?

bevischief
08-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

When asked abt dwayne bowe today rac said "who?"

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 11:17 AM

That's what drafturbators claim, but likely they've been making stupid post after stupid post, incessantly whining, and just downright making shit up for the sake of bitching about something.

ModSocks
08-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Bob Fescoe ‏@bobfescoe

When asked abt dwayne bowe today rac said "who?"

Fescoe is the master of taking shit out of context. After reading his tweets and then watching RAC's presser last week, i'll take everything Fescoe says with a grain of salt till i see proof.

Micjones
08-02-2012, 11:19 AM
reading is so hard....is this a running gag of yours? breaston is nice complimentary piece, the rest are unproven

I read it, dipshit.

we could have:

I must've missed the part where you said Breaston was a "good complementary piece".

the difference between the two groups is radical, and obvious

should I add an audio track to my posts for a the text impaired? write in esperanto?

use sign language?

or should I just dig up old posts from the archives and pass them off as my own?

That's actually your schtick.
As pointed out, by someone else, in the Cassel Conundrum thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8780247&postcount=15).

BossChief
08-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Be like one of them? Stop, I'm one of the most independent people on this board.

I think the "sign long term" train left the station a few weeks ago when a deal wasn't done. They might as well put Baldwin at the #1 spot and keep him there all year regardless of when Bowe shows up, because that's the future.

Pioli screwed the pooch big time not getting Bowe or Carr signed to a long term deal and anybody defending Pioli needs to realize he set the team back by not doing so.
So, after a year on them tag its unpossible to get him signed long term?

Even though its not likely, there is nothing showing why Bowe isnt at camp and didnt re-sign...shit, for all we know Bowe had neck surgery after the denver game and is still recovering and that's why he isn't at practice.

Nobody knew Peyton Manning had neck surgery in 2010 and that was a huge secret.

Maybe he wants a contract inbetween Fitz and CJs and wont sign for less.

Maybe he hates Cassel or Cassel hates him. Maybe he fucked Cassels wife after Piolis wife sucked him off.

Maybe he told Pioli he doesnt want to be a Chief and wants to go to a bigger market where he can get endorsements.

Truth is, NOBODY knows whats really happening with this stuff right now except a handful of people that work for KC and the Bowe camp.

We are all arguing over total speculation and its really really funny.

Reerun_KC
08-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Holy shit....

BigChiefFan
08-02-2012, 11:21 AM
It might be Babb bringing all of this up, but it's not hard to surmize that the Chiefs probably won't sign Bowe long-term.

DeezNutz
08-02-2012, 11:23 AM
It might be Babb bringing all of this up, but it's not hard to surmize that the Chiefs probably won't sign Bowe long-term.

Unpossible.

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 11:25 AM

Even though its not likely, there is nothing showing why Bowe isnt at camp and didnt re-sign...shit, for all we know Bowe had neck surgery after the denver game and is still recovering and that's why he isn't at practice.

Maybe he hates Cassel or Cassel hates him. Maybe he ****ed Cassels wife after Piolis wife sucked him off.

Maybe he told Pioli he doesnt want to be a Chief and wants to go to a bigger market where he can get endorsements.

Truth is, NOBODY knows whats really happening with this stuff right now except a handful of people that work for KC and the Bowe camp.

You keep harping on some neck injury. What neck injury? Why he was taken out of the Denver game? There is a 99.9% chance that his head got dinged in the Denver game and they called it a neck injury so they wouldn't have to deal with any "concussion" ramifications had they won and made the playoffs.

Has there been a single report from the offseason of Bowe sporting some scars on his neck? No. So stop the BS speculation.

At the end of the day, nobody knows what went on in negotiations. What we do know is that it is Pioli's job to get guys like Carr and Bowe extended. It's his job to find a solution at QB, and not just bring in Cleveland Browns cast-offs as "real QB competition".

bevischief
08-02-2012, 11:27 AM

Maybe he hates Cassel or Cassel hates him. Maybe he ****ed Cassels wife after Piolis wife sucked him off.

Tell me about it.ROFL

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Trying to come up with all these mysterious/complicated explanations for why Pioli won't sign Bowe is a waste of time.

Simplest explanation is usually the correct one: The Patriot Way.

Just Passin' By
08-02-2012, 11:28 AM
At the end of the day, nobody knows what went on in negotiations. What we do know is that it is Pioli's job to get guys like Carr and Bowe extended. It's his job to find a solution at QB, and not just bring in Cleveland Browns cast-offs as "real QB competition".

That's not Pioli's job. I'm not sure why you think he has to sign any specific player(s) just because a bunch of idiots on a message board thinks he should.

Just Passin' By
08-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Trying to come up with all these mysterious/complicated explanations for why Pioli won't sign Bowe is a waste of time.

Simplest explanation is usually the correct one: The Patriot Way.

Do please explain, particularly in light of the 2007 team and this season.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 11:29 AM

While I too disagree with the ranking, the ACTUAL PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE dont think Bowe is any better than the 15th best receiver in the game.

There were 14 wide outs listed in the top 100 and Bowe didnt even make the list.

Is it possible that we as Chief fans simply overrate him because of the Arrowhead on his helmet?

BossChief
08-02-2012, 11:31 AM
reading is so hard

Apparently for you, it is.

lcarus
While I too disagree with the ranking, the ACTUAL PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE dont think Bowe is any better than the 15th best receiver in the game.

There were 14 wide outs listed in the top 100 and Bowe didnt even make the list.

Is it possible that we as Chief fans simply overrate him because of the Arrowhead on his helmet?

I'm sure some homerism plays into it, but we also know all too well the quality of quarterbacks Bowe has played with his entire career so far.

the Talking Can
clown shoes post right there.

Full of lies.

1) I have never said that Brown is as good as Bowe. Not once, soif you want to continue making this claim expect to be called a bitch and a liar.

I'm sure you're used to it.

2) Your reading comprehension is evidently at the level of a kindergartner. No matter how many times I have said that my preference is to re-sign Bowe for a reasonable (even if the amount is crazy for a receiver) contract and only if that cannot be achieved would I trade him...you cannot understand it.

I'm sorry that you cant read, I really am.

you've still never explained how you would trade Bowe for multiple picks, and resign Brown for nothing...even though you also believe they have the same value

do you wave a magic wand over your x-box?

and as for using a 2nd on stanzi...we'll even you can't deny how ****ing stupid that is...

how's your boy Studebaker doing, by the way?

This kid is gonna play a big role in our future success. I think he will be one of our best defenders once he gets into the fulltime starting lineup.

wares numbers in same drills:

6'4
1.6 10 split
2.7 20 split
4.07 ss
6.83 3 cone
38.5 vertical
10.07 broad
27 reps

Studebaker is marginally talented...indeed.

Im sure Ill get flamed again for this but I am actually quite happy that we have a situation like the one we have with Studabaker. His workout times were as good as any guy at the combine last year or this and he has been under the wing of one of the best linebacker to play in this system in the last decade or two to learn the intricacies of the position.

I think that when he is ready and takes over the spot, he will be a "unexpected star" of sorts and will seemingly "come out of nowhere" when in essence he has been part of (brace yourself) "the process"

mr. quality football takes...

Chiefnj2
08-02-2012, 11:33 AM
That's not Pioli's job. I'm not sure why you think he has to sign any specific player(s) just because a bunch of idiots on a message board thinks he should.

They are just two random NFL players. Not guys the team invested high draft picks on, and/or lots of developmental time. It's not like there was an investment made on those players and the players demonstrated the ability to play at a high level for a joke of a franchise. It's not his job to retain top players.

Just Passin' By
08-02-2012, 11:37 AM
They are just two random NFL players. Not guys the team invested high draft picks on, and/or lots of developmental time. It's not like there was an investment made on those players and the players demonstrated the ability to play at a high level for a joke of a franchise. It's not his job to retain top players.

Your vagina is just full of sand, isn't it? The job of the GM isn't to sign specific players. It's to put together the best team he can.

As for all the crying about Bowe, the Patriots had a much more contentious situation with Mankins, yet they managed to get him signed, and other teams have been in that same position. You people are just looking for excuses to bitch and whine.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Your vagina is just full of sand, isn't it? The job of the GM isn't to sign specific players. It's to put together the best team he can.

As for all the crying about Bowe, the Patriots had a much more contentious situation with Mankins, yet they managed to get him signed, and other teams have been in that same position. You people are just looking for excuses to bitch and whine.

no one, anywhere, gives a shit what some head-up-their-ass Patriots fan thinks about football....hilarious how all you guys are fucking geniuses since Brady showed up..

stick to telling us hilarious stories about how great a QB Cassel is, you moran...

DeezNutz
08-02-2012, 11:40 AM

True. No one knows if those players are any good and positively contribute to wins, so why sign them?

DeezNutz
08-02-2012, 11:41 AM

The "Right 53"? Not about the sizzle?

Some other Patriot cliche?

Just Passin' By
08-02-2012, 11:44 AM
True. No one knows if those players are any good and positively contribute to wins, so why sign them?

The "Right 53"? Not about the sizzle?

Some other Patriot cliche?

I look forward to the next time you post something worth a damn. It's been a couple of years since you last did it.

L.A. Chieffan
08-02-2012, 11:45 AM
more validation that Cassell was the one propping up bowe, not the other way around.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 11:48 AM
you've still never explained how you would trade Bowe for multiple picks, and resign Brown for nothing...even though you also believe they have the same value

do you wave a magic wand over your x-box?

and as for using a 2nd on stanzi...we'll even you can't deny how ****ing stupid that is...

how's your boy Studebaker doing, by the way?

mr. quality football takes...

hahaha

had to go back 2 or 3 fucking years to try and make an attempt at clowning me in a post were I compared Demarcus Ware and Andy Studebakers workout times? BTW why didnt you post ASs times? They were nearly identical...

YOU REALLY GOT ME THERE.

BTW nobody will ever know how good AS would have been as a starter because a 1st round talent fell into our laps in the third round.

Maybe he would have sucked, maybe not.

To use that or my Stanzi takes as some kind of way of slamming me, after being here for about 4 years shows how little ammo you have to use against me.

COME AT ME, BRO.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 11:50 AM
We know how good Studebaker was.

He lost his starting job to a 3rd round rookie.

He started the beginning of the year, remember?

Dude fucking sucks. Career backup scrub/STer.

The Bad Guy
08-02-2012, 11:51 AM

According to who?

And don't post some noname twitter asshole as your source.

DeezNutz
08-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I look forward to the next time you post something worth a damn. It's been a couple of years since you last did it.

You aren't posting in cliches? You're not deferring to the assumed knowledge of those in power?

BossChief
08-02-2012, 11:52 AM

Thats simply not true at all.

Deez is one of the best posters on this board.

IMO anyways...even though we disagree about some stuff, the guy is almost always intelligent with his posts.

Except when he is talking about that Blaine kid. :D

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 11:53 AM
It's OK to be wrong, BossChief.

But you should own your mistakes.

Wrong about Studebaker, wrong about DMC, probably wrong about Stanzi.

The Bad Guy
08-02-2012, 11:53 AM

This post is easily the winner for most hyperbole.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 11:56 AM
We know how good Studebaker was.

He lost his starting job to a 3rd round rookie.

He started the beginning of the year, remember?

Dude fucking sucks. Career backup scrub/STer.

More proof that AS would have been a solid starter.

:D

Quesadilla Joe
08-02-2012, 11:57 AM
According to who?

And don't post some noname twitter asshole as your source.

I can't remember. I heard it a few times last season. They also mentioned that the Chiefs would have Baldwin line up just off of the LOS last year so it is harder for teams to press him.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 11:57 AM

did you find the job "Pioli's Prostate Milker" on monster.com?

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 12:00 PM
More proof that AS would have been a solid starter.

:D

What?

The dude started five games last year. He played at least 38 snaps in four games, and sucked in all but one (against the awful Colts).

He's hot leftover garbage from the Herm era, nothing more.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 12:02 PM
i'm pretty sure it was Babb who said Baldwin was having trouble getting off the press.

OnTheWarpath15
08-02-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm a bit distracted at the moment so forgive me - but who am I being lumped in with?

Just Passin' By
08-02-2012, 12:03 PM
You aren't posting in cliches? You're not deferring to the assumed knowledge of those in power?

I posted the job of the GM. It's not the GMs job to sign any particular player and, sometimes, that means that fan favorites aren't brought back. Chiefnj2 may not be smart enough to know that. You are. Instead of just acknowledging the obvious, though, you decided to post the same idiotic bullshit you've been posting for years. Like it or not, what I posted wasn't a Patriots cliche, but was an NFL truism.

BossChief
08-02-2012, 12:06 PM
It's OK to be wrong, BossChief.

But you should own your mistakes.

Wrong about Studebaker, wrong about DMC, probably wrong about Stanzi.

How have i not owned my own fails?

DeezNutz
08-02-2012, 12:09 PM
I posted the job of the GM. It's not the GMs job to sign any particular player and, sometimes, that means that fan favorites aren't brought back. Chiefnj2 may not be smart enough to know that. You are. Instead of just acknowledging the obvious, though, you decided to post the same idiotic bullshit you've been posting for years. Like it or not, what I posted wasn't a Patriots cliche, but was an NFL truism.

These aren't fan favorites, man; these are extremely productive players. Hell, a good portion of this board was begging for Carr to be cut when Mike "Touchdown" Brown was showing his ass in the secondary, causing other players to look bad.

vailpass
08-02-2012, 12:13 PM
did you find the job "Pioli's Prostate Milker" on monster.com?

LMAO

Just Passin' By
08-02-2012, 12:17 PM
These aren't fan favorites, man; these are extremely productive players. Hell, a good portion of this board was begging for Carr to be cut when Mike "Touchdown" Brown was showing his ass in the secondary, causing other players to look bad.

The posters here were tongue washing Carr's balls all during this past offseason, both before and after he was signed by the Cowboys.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 12:24 PM
How have i not owned my own fails?

Um.

nobody will ever know how good AS would have been as a starter

Yes, we will. We already know. He tried starting games last year and was fail.

The Franchise
08-02-2012, 12:28 PM
I'm a bit distracted at the moment so forgive me - but who am I being lumped in with?

The Talking Can

vailpass
08-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Training Camp Warrior!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sannyasi
08-02-2012, 12:35 PM
You can't just fucking sign EVERYONE in today's NFL. There is a salary cap, you know.

Bowe has to be let go to make room for Cassel's next contract.

DeezNutz
08-02-2012, 12:38 PM
The posters here were tongue washing Carr's balls all during this past offseason, both before and after he was signed by the Cowboys.

After he definitively proved himself as a high-quality CB. The tenor of the board has shifted greatly regarding this player.

lcarus
08-02-2012, 12:39 PM
You can't just fucking sign EVERYONE in today's NFL. There is a salary cap, you know.

Oh god fuck hell

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 12:47 PM
You can't just ****ing sign EVERYONE in today's NFL. There is a salary cap, you know.

Bowe is being let go so we can let go of Carr...

we have Brady, so this totally works...don't ask about the chronology, time travel is also subject to the Patriot Way

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 12:48 PM

me

i'm the meenie who made fun of pioli and dumb fans

you've seen the fallout

*edit

actually, I was being lumped in with you...you're the terrorist

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 12:51 PM

actually, people turned on him when it was obvious he was gone...then the "routt is better" routine started

exactly like Bowe..."Brown is better...he's overrated...he's a problem...Baldwin is more awesome in 3 days of 7 on 7 in camp..etc.."

you should stop pretending you have a clue what goes on here...or anywhere

you are laughably wrong about everything, a true fucking dipshit

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 12:52 PM
The amazing thing is if Bowe signs a long term deal after this year, which is still possible despite all the crazy talk, all these people will conveniently forgot the shit they spewed in this thread and brush it off with, well that's what should have happened.

One question I have is, if Bowe is an elite WR ( I think he is damn good) why haven't teams like the Jets been knocking down the door to trade for him and sign him to a big $$ deal?

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 12:53 PM
actually, people turned on him when it was obvious he was gone...then the "routt is better" routine started

exactly like Bowe..."Brown is better...he's overrated...he's a problem...Baldwin is more awesome in 3 days of 7 on 7 in camp..etc.."

you should stop pretending you have a clue what goes on here...or anywhere

you are laughably wrong about everything, a true ****ing dipshit

Did you watch the beginning of last year by any chance? Carr and Flowers were both getting bashed like crazy, and beat like crazy. A lot of it was poor safety play but go back and read the game threads from the first 3 games and see what the opinions were.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 12:56 PM
The amazing thing is if Bowe signs a long term deal after this year, which is still possible despite all the crazy talk, all these people will conveniently forgot the shit they spewed in this thread and brush it off with, well that's what should have happened.

One question I have is, if Bowe is an elite WR ( I think he is damn good) why haven't teams like the Jets been knocking down the door to trade for him and sign him to a big $$ deal?

the amazing this is...if this franchise puts the most talented team it can on the field, we'll be thrilled

you guys will be pissed that we signed a player the Jet's didn't want and who isn't better than Antonio Brown...plus all of Clark's money that gets wasted

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Did you watch the beginning of last year by any chance? Carr and Flowers were both getting bashed like crazy, and beat like crazy. A lot of it was poor safety play but go back and read the game threads from the first 3 games and see what the opinions were.

yes, lot's of dumb fans...

pretty much my point, always

and the threads on Carr's re-signing turned exactly as I described...

KC Fans toe the company line

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 12:59 PM
the amazing this is...if this franchise puts the most talented team it can on the field, we'll be thrilled

you guys will be pissed that we signed a player the Jet's didn't want and who isn't better than Antonio Brown...plus all of Clark's money that gets wasted

You are building one hell of a straw man.

Rausch
08-02-2012, 01:02 PM

So I guess I'm a True Draftubatorfan...

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM

http://pattayatoday.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/true-move.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2012, 01:11 PM
This is pointless. If Bowe plays lights out this year Pioli WILL re-sign him.

RealSNR
08-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Training Camp Warrior!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes a first round pick is a fucking training camp warrior.

If you're going to troll, then please try to inject some creativity and intelligence into it.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Did someone seriously suggest the Jets need to trade for Bowe?

Santonio Holmes
Just drafted Stephen Hill to be #2

Yeah, they need to trade for Bowe.

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 01:13 PM

I bet he won't, because his price will only go up.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I bet he won't, because his price will only go up.

The pressure will be on Pioli then. Bowe is a fan favorite for the most part.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 01:16 PM

i honestly think they intend to move him...this year is a 'free year' in the sense that they don't have to commit to a long term contract

the only thing that would alter it, imo, is Baldwin just falling on his face

which means this year is the best chance we have....[cassel etc]

Rausch
08-02-2012, 01:16 PM

Santonio Holmes

There is fucking no fan of any team, in any city, that would take Holmes over Bowe.

None.

Zero.

That said we act like probowl WR's are grown on fucking trees, Bowe is expendable, and our unproven depth is all kinds of ready to bust out for 1k each...

Rausch
08-02-2012, 01:18 PM
i honestly think they intend to move him...this year is a 'free year' in the sense that they don't have to commit to a long term contract

Ditto.

Dude is as good as gone. We have the cap room to pay him like a top 5 for one year and then we'll let him go...

Chiefs Pantalones

the only thing that would alter it, imo, is Baldwin just falling on his face

which means this year is the best chance we have....[cassel etc]

I just wish we'd finally be ok with having two great players and not just keep one. We have a ton of cap space and the dough.

Hammock Parties

He's pretty much being cast as the villain in all of this by about 70 percent of the fanbase now. Last night someone left a comment on a picture of Baldwin catching a TD about "Dumbowe."

Same old, same old.

Don't take what pittance the Hunts want to give you? You suck and are destroying our tradition. GTFO.

Marcellus
08-02-2012, 01:19 PM

Santonio Holmes

They are so stacked at WR they are using Cromartie at the position.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8219686/cb-antonio-cromartie-ranks-self-new-york-jets-second-best-wr

Rausch
08-02-2012, 01:20 PM

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8219686/cb-antonio-cromartie-ranks-self-new-york-jets-second-best-wr

Cromartie even said he'd be the 2nd best WR...

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Don't take what pittance the Hunts want to give you? You suck and are destroying our tradition. GTFO.

bingo

Hammock Parties
08-02-2012, 01:21 PM

They are not stacked at all.

But show me where there's room for Bowe.

They're not gonna put Hill in the slot. You don't trade up for a guy in the 2nd with that kind of speed/size and then not start him.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2012, 01:23 PM
If it is Bowe's last year as a Chief I hope he comes out and plays great...and not the other way... This team is loaded and has the opportunity to do some things this year IMO. I don't want anyone destroying any chemistry.

Marcellus
He's pretty much being cast as the villain in all of this by about 70 percent of the fanbase now. Last night someone left a comment on a picture of Baldwin catching a TD about "Dumbowe."

Same old, same old.

Or it could be that every time a player holds out the majority of the fan base holds it against them? This is nothing new and nothing being cast by anyone.

Wake the **** up drama boy. Here is how it is being 'cast" -

“This is one of those questions, and I understand you asking,”Pioli told Jay Binkley on 610. “It has to come up. But out of respect to Dwayne, the process, the Chiefs and everybody involved, I just don’t think it’s healthy to talk about it, Jay, because I could say something seemingly innocuous about where things are or where I hope things to be and it be, not twisted by you, but just maybe taken the wrong way by someone. Everyone knows what the circumstances are, what the deadlines are, and those things tend to work themselves out. I don’t ever want Dwayne or anyone else to think we’re trying to leverage him, or he’s trying to leverage us. Right way the way things are it’s being handed professionally by both sides.”

stonedstooge
Babb was on the radio a couple of hours ago, ripping Bowe and glorifying Baldwin. He claimed that Bowe doesn't run his routes right a bunch of the time and thus makes it look like Casshole's fault when it really isn't

Rausch
08-02-2012, 01:24 PM
They are not stacked at all.

But show me where there's room for Bowe.

They're not gonna put Hill in the slot. You don't trade up for a guy in the 2nd with that kind of speed/size and then not start him.

Teams that want to spend find a way every year.

Teams that don't find a new excuse every year...

vailpass
08-02-2012, 01:24 PM
There is ****ing no fan of any team, in any city, that would take Holmes over Bowe.

None.

Zero.

That said we act like probowl WR's are grown on ****ing trees, Bowe is expendable, and our unproven depth is all kinds of ready to bust out for 1k each...

For the kind of $$ Bowe thinks he's worth? I'll take Holmes all day long.

Rausch
08-02-2012, 01:27 PM

Holmes isn't nearly as productive as Bowe and he's fucking old.

OLD.

The Bad Guy
08-02-2012, 01:28 PM

You'd be the only one.

CoMoChief
08-02-2012, 01:29 PM

Pioli doesnt care about this. Matt Cassel is still our QB.

the Talking Can
08-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Babb was on the radio a couple of hours ago, ripping Bowe and glorifying Baldwin. He claimed that Bowe doesn't run his routes right a bunch of the time and thus makes it look like Casshole's fault when it really isn't

Babb is a god damned idiot....

and the difference in the way Cassel and Bowe are treated by this franchise, media, and fans is instructive

one is objectively bad, one of the worst in the league at his position

one is objectively good, one of the best in the league at his position

guess which one was handed a pile of cash, is NEVER criticized by the franchise, and has fans making endless excuses for his play...

and guess which one is being run out of town for flexing once...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Both sides are never going to come out exactly happy. Nothing is ever perfect for both sides. Sometimes you re-sign/sign a player that's under his value, sometimes you go over. I know both parties try to meet somewhere in the middle but it's never the case, IMO. Get it done.