PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Covitz: In second year, Jalil Brown turns a corner for the Chiefs

Tribal Warfare
08-09-2012, 02:05 AM
In second year, Jalil Brown turns a corner for the Chiefs (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/08/3752294/jalil-brown-turns-the-corner.html)
By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star
A year ago, Chiefs cornerback Jalil Brown wouldn’t have been ready for this.

Because the lockout kept teams from holding offseason programs or minicamps, Brown, like most of last year’s rookies, was not prepared for the demands of an NFL training camp, much less seeing substantial playing time at the start of the preseason.

But one year later, Brown is playing with confidence and moxie. A foot injury to Brandon Flowers early in camp elevated Brown to the starting left cornerback position.

When Flowers lined up at left corner during the Tuesday morning walk-through, Brown slid over to right cornerback in place of Stanford Routt, a free-agent acquisition. But Flowers was back on the sidelines on Wednesday, so it appears Brown will start at left corner on Friday night in the preseason opener against Arizona.

“Jalil has some flexibility,” head coach Romeo Crennel said. “He’s made some plays in practice. We’ll probably roll him in just a little bit more so we can get a better look at him. I would have to say that what he’s done deserves more look.

“He’s more confident because I think he understands the system. He understands what it takes to play the game. Last year, he didn’t really know what it took to play the game. I saw improvement toward the end of the year, particularly on special teams. That’s where his improvement showed up … his effort, his toughness, as well.”

Brown, the Chiefs’ fourth-round pick from Colorado in 2011, discovered it took more than raw athletic ability to play cornerback in the NFL.

“Last year, I didn’t realize it at the time, but without having the OTAs and minicamps, that definitely set me back a ton,” Brown said. “I didn’t realize how much I was at a disadvantage.

“I had to learn how to be a professional going through the year, and going through OTAs, I learned what it takes to go in the training room and get ready and how to spend extra time in the film room.”

Brown, who is from Phoenix, is especially looking forward to Friday night’s game against his hometown Cardinals. He matched up against Cardinals superstar receiver Larry Fitzgerald in the teams’ joint practice on Tuesday and could be defending Fitzgerald on Friday, depending on how much the Arizona starters play.

“When you go against a receiver of that caliber, you learn what you have to do to compete with him,” Brown said of Fitzgerald. “I’ll be ready to go. I know now the coaches have me playing both sides. They throw me in left or right, whichever will help the team, I’ll do it.”

Fitzgerald took notice of Brown during Tuesday’s practice and was surprised to hear he had so little experience at the NFL level.

“He’s in his second year?” Fitzgerald said. “He’s physical, he has good ball skills … he broke up a couple balls on me. He’s an impressive athlete.”

Brown, 6-1, 204, honed his coverage skills at Colorado, facing the likes of Missouri’s Jeremy Maclin and Denario Alexander, Oklahoma State’s Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon, and Texas’ Jordan Shipley, among others.

But at Colorado, he was the other corner. Most attention was focused on the Buffaloes’ Jimmy Smith, who was taken in the first round by Baltimore. That worked to Brown’s advantage.

“We came in the same year, so we were competing since day one and working our way up to our senior year,” said Brown, who made 28 starts in his college career and intercepted six passes, including a team-high three in 2010.

“It helped me to play with a little chip on my shoulder, because when we were playing, I was trying to be the best out there, and he was doing the same, so to see him get some recognition made me want to try harder, and that, in turn, helped me perform better and get some looks.”

Brown appeared in 14 games as a rookie with the Chiefs last year and ranked second on the team with eight special-teams tackles, plus he recovered a fumble on a kickoff return against the Jets.

“Early on, there’s no telling when you’re going to get out there on offense or defense as a rookie, so your first mark is to get out there on special teams, and that’s exactly what I was trying to do,” Brown said. “Fortunately for me, at the end of the season, I started to figure out things a little bit and started to come along. Special teams helped me perform better and get some confidence.”

Brown also was a quick study behind Flowers and Brandon Carr, the Chiefs’ starter at right cornerback who signed with Dallas as an unrestricted free agent this year.

“It was great to play behind them,” Brown said. “There were little small things I watched and learned from them, talked with them … little tips they gave me, how to align, how to stay square, how to play different receivers different ways.

“You can’t go out there with the same technique against every guy because every technique has a weakness, so you have to have multiple (skills) to use against them.”

KCrockaholic
08-09-2012, 02:06 AM
Good. Cause last year he was pretty bad, and looked lost.

He's a really nice guy btw.

ChiefGator
08-09-2012, 05:15 AM
He's a really nice guy btw.

Yeah, kinda got that impression from some of the press interviews. I really do love his quote about OTAs, and not realizing how much he was missing.

InChiefsHeaven
08-09-2012, 05:44 AM
I was happy we picked him up, and I bet he turns out to be pretty damn good.

Micjones
08-09-2012, 06:28 AM
This is one position where the Chiefs have had luck in the Draft.
Brown should see the field quite a bit in sub-packages.

Mr. Laz
08-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Having another CB that can play outside will be really nice.

Arenas is ok but he should really only be a slot guy

sedated
08-09-2012, 10:04 AM
“Last year, I didn’t realize it at the time, but without having the OTAs and minicamps, that definitely set me back a ton,” Brown said. “I didn’t realize how much I was at a disadvantage.

Here that, Bowe?

-King-
08-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Here that, Bowe?

Um...Brown was a rookie last year. Bowe is in his 6th year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Direckshun
08-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Thank god.

I am really hoping he comes along.

Direckshun
08-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Here that, Bowe?

I THINK HE HERES IT

ChiTown
08-09-2012, 10:31 AM
I THINK HE HERES IT

Does he HERE it or THERE it?

saphojunkie
08-09-2012, 10:35 AM
This will sound like good ol' fashioned internet BB rhetoric, but I have been really optimistic about this kid. Maybe it's because he played with Jimmy Smith, but I really saw him as a comparable player. Just a big, physical corner that could end up being a force in the secondary.

The kid has athletic ability, and if he's willing to learn, Emmit Thomas is more than able to teach. Hopefully by next year, he's showing Tyler Wilson just how dangerous our secondary is...

in training camp. :)

Direckshun
08-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Jalil Brown just looked like a crap pick last year. If he is solid depth, I'll be happy. If he becomes starting material, I will blow Pioli hard.

Obviously 2012's class has yet to play out, but even with the 2009 draft included, our scouting department has become Top 5 in the NFL. I freaking love it.

lcarus
08-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Jalil Brown just looked like a crap pick last year. If he is solid depth, I'll be happy. If he becomes starting material, I will blow Pioli hard.

Obviously 2012's class has yet to play out, but even with the 2009 draft included, our scouting department has become Top 5 in the NFL. I freaking love it.

Yeah, it's nice to be able to draft good young players isn't it? We went so long with the Carl Peterson era drafts, I had almost forgotten, you can actually get good young players by DRAFTING THEM! :)

Pasta Little Brioni
08-09-2012, 12:21 PM
I can't wait for the "return of Berry a safety net for the defense" article.

Mr. Laz
08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
luck?

seems to me they have had 'luck' throughout the entire team

Damnit Pioli!!! :cuss:

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Chiefs tackle hole in the offensive line with signing of Eric Winston

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 12:40 PM
"Chiefs want their quarter back as Cassel proves he's not worth the coin in Game 1 loss"

patteeu
08-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah, it's nice to be able to draft good young players isn't it? We went so long with the Carl Peterson era drafts, I had almost forgotten, you can actually get good young players by DRAFTING THEM! :)

Most of the best players on the current team are Peterson draftees:

Jamaal Charles
Dwayne Bowe
Branden Albert
Brandon Flowers
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson
Glenn Dorsey

whoman69
08-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Don't let Goatcheese see that. Scott Pioli is da debil.

notorious
08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
A hasn't turned shit until he shows up on the field during an actual game.

whoman69
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM

Jamaal Charles
Dwayne Bowe
Branden Albert
Brandon Flowers
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson
Glenn Dorsey

The best players on any team are generally going to be the vets.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Jon Asamoah uses Right Guard brand deodorant when he's playing football

Priest31kc
08-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Carr 2.0? Let's hope...

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Space growing a little tight at the end of the depth chart for Jake O'Connell

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 01:07 PM
Here's the kicker: Ryan Succop to play an important role in Chiefs' special teams

patteeu
08-09-2012, 01:22 PM
The best players on any team are generally going to be the vets.

OK, so what?

mikey23545
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
I see that Flowers is still not practicing, it's been over a week now, I think...

How big a bruise is that on his foot?

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 01:39 PM
OK, so what?

Tamba Hali in no rush to pass on his veteran leadership role with the team

Bump
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
I noticed brown on special teams a lot. Hopefully he turns out to be another Carr.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I noticed brown on special teams a lot. Hopefully he turns out to be another Carr.
In second year, Jalil Brown turns a corner for the Chiefs

Wait, DAMN!

mcaj22
08-09-2012, 02:32 PM

luck? under Pioli the CBs we drafted... Donald Washington, Javier Arenas, Jalil Brown.

That's not luck that's awful. We have one CB on this team if Routt or Flowers go down and that's Travis Daniels.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 02:41 PM
luck? under Pioli the CBs we drafted... Donald Washington, Javier Arenas, Jalil Brown.

That's not luck that's awful. We have one CB on this team if Routt or Flowers go down and that's Travis Daniels.

Javier Arenas has been successful at what he was drafted to do. He was never going to be a starting CB.

Jalil Brown is still a complete unknown. Right now his arrow is pointing up, which is an encouraging sign.

4 drafts and 3 CBs drafted. One of them is VERY solid depth. One of them is a total failure. One of them appears to at least be pretty good depth. Not bad.

Also, why the fuck do you hate Travis Daniels? Did he rape your sister or something?

saphojunkie
08-09-2012, 02:47 PM

Jamaal Charles
Dwayne Bowe
Branden Albert
Brandon Flowers
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson
Glenn Dorsey

I love this argument. 7 players. SEVEN.

The seven good players that Peterson drafted in the 2000s. Let's conveniently ignore the other 40-50 players Peterson acquired/drafted that were cut because they sucked donkey shit.

ANY TEAM that has turnover is going to keep the 7 best players from the prior team of FIFTY ****ING THREE.

What player that Peterson drafted is tearing it up on another team? Oh that's right. It's Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez. And who got rid of them? Carl Peterson.

(And god help me, if some asshole says "Bernard Pollard...")

saphojunkie
08-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Javier Arenas has been successful at what he was drafted to do. He was never going to be a starting CB.

Jalil Brown is still a complete unknown. Right now his arrow is pointing up, which is an encouraging sign.

4 drafts and 3 CBs drafted. One of them is VERY solid depth. One of them is a total failure. One of them appears to at least be pretty good depth. Not bad.

Also, why the **** do you hate Travis Daniels? Did he rape your sister or something?

Exactly right.

And Dequan Menzie is a hybrid CB/S, too. May as well throw him in the mix.

patteeu
08-09-2012, 03:19 PM

The seven good players that Peterson drafted in the 2000s. Let's conveniently ignore the other 40-50 players Peterson acquired/drafted that were cut because they sucked donkey shit.

ANY TEAM that has turnover is going to keep the 7 best players from the prior team of FIFTY ****ING THREE.

What player that Peterson drafted is tearing it up on another team? Oh that's right. It's Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez. And who got rid of them? Carl Peterson.

(And god help me, if some asshole says "Bernard Pollard...")

Uh... Scott Pioli got rid of Tony Gonzalez.

And it's 7 holdover starters (8 if you count the punter) going into the 4th year of a new regime. There's a lot of turnover on any team over 4 years and there's even more when you have a GM change and 2 coaching changes during that period. I'm not going to do the legwork to compare it to other teams under comparable circumstances, but I'd be surprised to find out that the Chiefs are less represented by the draftees of their former regime than the average similarly situated NFL team 4 years out.

mcaj22
08-09-2012, 04:15 PM

Also, why the **** do you hate Travis Daniels? Did he rape your sister or something?

I like Travis Daniels? That was complimenting him at being the only CB depth that can play outside that we know what we are getting and are not basing it off unknown or hype. Like actual on paper production. Imagine that.

And Javier Arenas is a fail because he was drafted in the second round. Second round picks on special team players/slot CBs. That is a fail.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 04:33 PM

(And god help me, if some asshole says "Bernard Pollard...")Those guys just aren't carryovers, though. They're the CORE of this team. Who are Pioli's seven best drafted players?

Eric Berry
Jon Baldwin
Tyson Jackson
Tony Moeaki
Kendrick Lewis
Jon Asamoah
Jovan Belcher

Berry's a worthy franchise cornerstone. And I'm going to go ahead and put Baldwin in that category as well- I'm convinced. Everybody else... meeehhhh

And yes, I know Belcher wasn't drafted

Reaper16
08-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Those guys just aren't carryovers, though. They're the CORE of this team. Who are Pioli's seven best drafted players?

Eric Berry
Jon Baldwin
Tyson Jackson
Tony Moeaki
Kendrick Lewis
Jon Asamoah
Jovan Belcher

Berry's a worthy franchise cornerstone. And I'm going to go ahead and put Baldwin in that category as well- I'm convinced. Everybody else... meeehhhh

Belcher wasn't even drafted.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 04:38 PM
I like Travis Daniels? That was complimenting him at being the only CB depth that can play outside that we know what we are getting and are not basing it off unknown or hype. Like actual on paper production. Imagine that.

And Javier Arenas is a fail because he was drafted in the second round. Second round picks on special team players/slot CBs. That is a fail.

I've seen you bitching about how Travis Daniels is still on the team, and how we need an upgrade from him ASAP.

Arenas holds a purpose for this team beyond just special teams. He gets used all the time on defense. He's a solid contributor to the team, who I think is playing beyond his expectations when he was first drafted. That's why he was such a shitty pick, but at least he does a few jobs here and there very well. It fucking sucks that Pioli was a fucking retard and burned a goddamn 2nd rounder on the guy, but what can you do? He's a good player. He's great depth. He allows us to continually draft and develop new players like Menzie and Brown without forcing them into nickel roles when they aren't ready.

It's far better that we drafted Arenas with a 2 than it is we drafted Jackson with the 3rd overall or Poe with the 11th overall.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Belcher wasn't even drafted.

I know that. He's a part of that draft class though. He counts.

It was either Belcher or Ryan Succop. Or Ricky Stanzi. I could have done Ricky Stanzi. But if I do Stanzi I'm going to have to do Hudson before him. Meh.

Belcher it is. Dude's a 2 year starter and has continually improved from special teams shitscraper to starter.

jd1020
08-09-2012, 04:39 PM

Tony Gonzalez got rid of Tony Gonzalez.

Reaper16
08-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I know that. He's a part of that draft class though. He counts.

It was either Belcher or Ryan Succop. Or Ricky Stanzi. I could have done Ricky Stanzi. But if I do Stanzi I'm going to have to do Hudson before him. Meh.

Belcher it is. Dude's a 2 year starter and has continually improved from special teams shitscraper to starter.

I dunno. It isn't really a credit to Pioli that he drafted Jake O'Connell ahead of Jovan Belcher.

saphojunkie
08-09-2012, 04:52 PM

And it's 7 holdover starters (8 if you count the punter) going into the 4th year of a new regime. There's a lot of turnover on any team over 4 years and there's even more when you have a GM change and 2 coaching changes during that period. I'm not going to do the legwork to compare it to other teams under comparable circumstances, but I'd be surprised to find out that the Chiefs are less represented by the draftees of their former regime than the average similarly situated NFL team 4 years out.

Damn. You're right about Tony G. I should edit that. Ce'st la vie.

In terms of the # of starter holdovers...

Let's compare to Tampa Bay. They changed over at the same time, right?

Jeremy Trueblood
Ronde Barber
Aquib Talib
Donald Penn
Davin Joseph
Jeremy Zuttah
Quincy Black

That's 7 starters, according to the Tampa Bay depth chart from their website, that were drafted by the previous regime.

Both franchises brought in a new GM, new HC, and new QB in 2009. Both teams went 10-6, then fired their head coach the next season.

Both teams return a starting CB, LT, and LB.

Tampa also cut ties with several other players from the past regime just before this year.

I'd say Chiefs are par for the course.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I dunno. It isn't really a credit to Pioli that he drafted Jake O'Connell ahead of Jovan Belcher.

Then it only further proves my point that whatever success Pioli has enjoyed in Kansas City can be chalked up to Carl Peterson's/Bill Kuharich's drafts

saphojunkie
08-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Those guys just aren't carryovers, though. They're the CORE of this team. Who are Pioli's seven best drafted players?

Eric Berry
Jon Baldwin
Tyson Jackson
Tony Moeaki
Kendrick Lewis
Jon Asamoah
Jovan Belcher

And yes, I know Belcher wasn't drafted

Dude. - Rodney Hudson and Justin Houston?

And once again, I will have to make the argument that DJ and Hali under the Pioli regime and Romeo's defense are light years beyond the Carl Peterson years.

Peterson might have bought the groceries, but Pioli hired the chef. I'm calling those two guys a wash.

Bowe? No, he's always been awesome.

saphojunkie
08-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Then it only further proves my point that whatever success Pioli has enjoyed in Kansas City can be chalked up to Carl Peterson's/Bill Kuharich's drafts

This is retarded.

Everyone was calling Derrick Johnson a bust until the regime change. Tamba Hali was on the historically worst pass rush before the 3-4 changed his career.

When it came time for Peterson to pay his leading pass rusher, he traded him to Minnesota. Pioli paid his.

Jamaal Charles exploded after Pioli got rid of Larry Johnson. Yeah, let's all just gloss over Peterson drafting Larry Johnson. And why? To keep from paying Priest Holmes.

Pioli has had nothing close to the epic abortion that was Ryan Sims. Or Junior Siavii. Or any of the litany of busts that Peterson drafted.

Quit saying that Pioli has only turned this team around based on 7 guys that happened to be good players after a decade of Peterson drafts. I guarantee that, if Tony Gonzalez weren't desperate for a ring, it would have been 8 players. Fine.

But come on, this is getting silly. Carl Peterson ALSO had a defense with Dorsey, DJ, Hali, and Flowers. He had an offense with Bowe, Charles, and Albert. Guess what? THEY ALL SUCKED.

mcaj22
08-09-2012, 05:03 PM
I've seen you bitching about how Travis Daniels is still on the team, and how we need an upgrade from him ASAP.

being that Travis Daniels is the only guy that can play the outside if Flowers or Routt go down. I wouldnt mind an upgrade over Jalil Brown or Jacque ****ing turd stain Reeves.

This is evident by the fact if Eric Berry has to or wants to take reps going outside to the LOS and cover a teams best WR in Larry Fitz, then we are in trouble for outside cover guys.

It's very Charles Woodson-like. He had to do that on the Packers for years because their CBs couldnt cover

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Dude. - Rodney Hudson and Justin Houston?

Bowe? No, he's always been awesome.

Hudson/Houston and everybody else is still an unknown. If you want, go ahead and replace Mobukakke with Houston. The list comparison still doesn't change.

And I think it was patteeu who was talking about Peterson's picks being older and thus enjoying more production. Well, it takes time for draft picks to produce, but even in their "shitty" stages as players, all of those guys were at least starting and making significant contributions to the team.

And yes, Bowe always HAS been awesome. You are correct.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Also, can you imagine Pioli drafting any of those guys besides Hali?

Bowe? Flowers? Albert? The guard with the size and technique to play tackle but needed to make a big adjustment? Dorsey? Pioli would have passed on all of them. He would have passed on Derrick Johnson, too, but the one player he could have drafted instead (Aaron Rodgers) very likely would not have even been considered. Pioli probably would have traded for Drew Bledsoe.

None of those players are Patriot Way. It's taken fucking years for Pioli to warm up to them and realize that they are quite valuable to the team.

Marcellus
08-09-2012, 05:15 PM
This is retarded.

Everyone was calling Derrick Johnson a bust until the regime change. Tamba Hali was on the historically worst pass rush before the 3-4 changed his career.

When it came time for Peterson to pay his leading pass rusher, he traded him to Minnesota. Pioli paid his.

Jamaal Charles exploded after Pioli got rid of Larry Johnson. Yeah, let's all just gloss over Peterson drafting Larry Johnson. And why? To keep from paying Priest Holmes.

Pioli has had nothing close to the epic abortion that was Ryan Sims. Or Junior Siavii. Or any of the litany of busts that Peterson drafted.

Quit saying that Pioli has only turned this team around based on 7 guys that happened to be good players after a decade of Peterson drafts. I guarantee that, if Tony Gonzalez weren't desperate for a ring, it would have been 8 players. Fine.

But come on, this is getting silly. Carl Peterson ALSO had a defense with Dorsey, DJ, Hali, and Flowers. He had an offense with Bowe, Charles, and Albert. Guess what? THEY ALL SUCKED.

I condone this message.

Marcellus
08-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Also, can you imagine Pioli drafting any of those guys besides Hali?

Bowe? Flowers? Albert? The guard with the size and technique to play tackle but needed to make a big adjustment? Dorsey? Pioli would have passed on all of them. He would have passed on Derrick Johnson, too, but the one player he could have drafted instead (Aaron Rodgers) very likely would not have even been considered. Pioli probably would have traded for Drew Bledsoe.

None of those players are Patriot Way. It's taken ****ing years for Pioli to warm up to them and realize that they are quite valuable to the team.

Wildly speculate much?

You are steeeeeeetching some shit paper thin here.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Wildly speculate much?

You are steeeeeeetching some shit paper thin here.

Technically all hypothetical conjecture is speculation. I have to speculate if I want to arrive at a conclusion on this topic.

Marcellus
08-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Technically all hypothetical conjecture is speculation. I have to speculate if I want to arrive at a conclusion on this topic.

You missed the wildly part. I mean really dude there's not much evidence to support your claims or vice versa, its simply opinion based off thin air.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 05:31 PM
You missed the wildly part. I mean really dude there's not much evidence to support your claims or vice versa, its simply opinion based off thin air.

Yeah. Pioli would totally draft Dwayne Bowe :rolleyes:

Sorter
08-09-2012, 05:33 PM
being that Travis Daniels is the only guy that can play the outside if Flowers or Routt go down. I wouldnt mind an upgrade over Jalil Brown or Jacque ****ing turd stain Reeves.

This is evident by the fact if Eric Berry has to or wants to take reps going outside to the LOS and cover a teams best WR in Larry Fitz, then we are in trouble for outside cover guys.

It's very Charles Woodson-like. He had to do that on the Packers for years because their CBs couldnt cover

Charles Woodson is a CB, dumbass.

mcaj22
08-09-2012, 05:35 PM

He plays freelance safety, idiot

Brock
08-09-2012, 05:38 PM

LOL

Sorter
08-09-2012, 05:48 PM
He plays freelance safety, idiot

No, he plays corner in their base 3-4. They rotate him to safety occasionally but typically play him out of the nickel in their sub sets. Do you watch football games?

Sorter
08-09-2012, 05:49 PM
And the reason he got as many reps at safety as he did last year was due to Nick Collin's neck injury.

Marcellus
08-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah. Pioli would totally draft Dwayne Bowe :rolleyes:

He drafted Baldwin, what is the huge difference? Seriously?

suzzer99
08-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Can he play safety if needed?

SAUTO
08-09-2012, 06:11 PM

I don't see berry WANTING to cover Fitz as an indictment of out cbs, I see it more as he wanted to test HIMSELF.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 06:32 PM
He drafted Baldwin, what is the huge difference? Seriously?

Baldwin and Bowe are completely different players coming out of college.

Baldwin was far more polished with experience in a pro offense.

Bowe had none of that. All he had at LSU was a series of (impressive) athletic plays.

-King-
08-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Baldwin and Bowe are completely different players coming out of college.

Baldwin was far more polished with experience in a pro offense.

Bowe had none of that. All he had at LSU was a series of (impressive) athletic plays.

LSU didn't run a pro style offense?

And Bowe finished his college career with more receptions, more yards, and more touchdowns than Baldwins.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 06:51 PM
LSU didn't run a pro style offense?

And Bowe finished his college career with more receptions, more yards, and more touchdowns than Baldwins.

Not when Bowe was there.

patteeu
08-09-2012, 07:33 PM
This is retarded.

It's silly to say Pioli's drafts have sucked. It's also silly to say Peterson's drafts didn't bring in any good young players.

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Hudson not used to being the center of attention

patteeu
08-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Hudson not used to being the center of attention

Dorsey and Jackson hold up their ends of the deal?

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Dorsey and Jackson hold up their ends of the deal?

End of the story not yet written on Dorsey and Jackson

Direckshun
08-09-2012, 10:38 PM
In second year, Jalil Brown turns a corner for the Chiefs

Wait, DAMN!

Did he turn the corner back?

RealSNR
08-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Steve Maneri reminded of the Hs and pains of going back to H-back

Chiefshrink
08-10-2012, 12:21 AM
Obviously 2012's class has yet to play out, but even with the 2009 draft included,

With that said, I think the 2012 class gets an extra year of evaluation IMO. It would be awesome to see this kid step up and take Routt's spot sooner than later.:thumb:

mcaj22
08-10-2012, 03:57 AM
the fact that Dorsey still needs to be "evaluated" is hilariously sad.