PDA

View Full Version : Football Tyrann Matheu dismissed from LSU

DBOSHO
08-10-2012, 11:20 AM
@SportsCenter: BREAKING - @LSUCoachMiles announces that CB Tyrann Mathieu (@TM7_Era) has been dismissed from team for breaking a school rule

DBOSHO
08-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Just saw this in the sec thread. Please delete

Dayze
08-10-2012, 11:22 AM
NooB. ~

Mr. Laz
SEC thugs

RealSNR
Welcome to the Kansas Jayhawks

Dayze
08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Welcome to the Kansas Jayhawks

"So, lemme ask you this. ...How does 3 wins a year grab ya"? / Weiss

FD
08-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Wow

DBOSHO
08-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Thats going to hurt their championship aspirations.

RealSNR
08-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Tyrann "Vontaze Burfict" Mathieu

Reaper16
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
He was only good as a returner anyway. A pretty average at BEST CB, often below-average.

RealSNR
08-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Honey Badger don't care. He doesn't care about his stale nickname. He just plays where he wants as long as it's a 3rd rate program probably in Division II somewhere

Dave Lane
08-10-2012, 11:42 AM
What would stop the Chiefs from contacting the guy and see if he wants to sign as a free agent?

Reaper16
08-10-2012, 11:44 AM
What would stop the Chiefs from contacting the guy and see if he wants to sign as a free agent?

His terrible instincts in coverage, struggles in the mental game, and gneneral inability to play cornerback at the pro level, I would hope.

siberian khatru
08-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Brent Musberger will have to find something else to talk -- and talk and talk and talk and talk -- about now.

BWillie
08-10-2012, 11:48 AM
He musta did a white woman

sedated
08-10-2012, 11:49 AM
That guy was a royal douchebag anyway.

saphojunkie
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM
His terrible instincts in coverage, struggles in the mental game, and gneneral inability to play cornerback at the pro level, I would hope.

Can't do that. He has to wait until the next draft so every team has a chance of taking him.

If they allowed players to just leave school and sign, no QB would ever enter the draft. Just go to the highest bidder with the best situation.

vailpass
08-10-2012, 12:04 PM

HUH? Why do you think they have a draft?

Coach
08-10-2012, 01:18 PM
The "REAL" Honey Badger resides in Manhattan Kansas.

He doesn't give a fuck.

Mr. Laz
08-10-2012, 01:51 PM
ummm ... the rules?

BigMeatballDave
08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
ummm ... the rules?

LMAO

Predarat
08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
When I saw this I was happy because I thought it said they were kicking Honey BooBoo off the TV.

DaKCMan AP
08-17-2012, 07:48 AM
What a load of absolute crap. Now they're going to make him about to be a victim who is 'sick' and will focus on getting 'healthy'. Please...

Tyrann Mathieu will sit out season and go through drug rehab

Tyrann Mathieu was dismissed from LSU last Friday and in the week after, little light had been shed on coach Les Miles' decision to let his Heisman Trophy candidate go.

That is until a Louisiana FOX affiliate reported that Mathieu had been in drug rehab since Monday according to the player's father. From the report:

[T]hey've now decided, as a family, that Tyrann will remain at a drug rehab center in Houston for the near future, instead of returning to classes at LSU or any other college - in order to play football this fall.

Mathieu's father, Tyrone, told FOX 8 Sports that he, Tyrann, and the Mathieu family are committed to getting his son healthy and that football will take care of itself.

Tyrann Mathieu has been at the Right Step recovery center since Monday under the direction of former NBA player John Lucas.

Mathieu was a unanimous first-team All-American and was a Heisman Trophy finalist as a sophomore in 2011. He led the SEC in forced fumbles with six and fumble recoveries with five.

Mathieu, nicknamed the "Honey Badger," was also a dynamic threat on special teams. He was ranked fourth nationally in punt return average (15.6 yards) and returned two back for scores.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/08/lsus-honey-badger-tyrann-mathieu-is-in-drug-rehab/1#.UC5LBallQfk

Saul Good
08-17-2012, 07:54 AM
What a load of absolute crap. Now they're going to make him about to be a victim who is 'sick' and will focus on getting 'healthy'. Please...

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/08/lsus-honey-badger-tyrann-mathieu-is-in-drug-rehab/1#.UC5LBallQfk
What's wrong with that? Isn't that better than just shipping him off to get high for a different team?

Black Bob
08-17-2012, 08:25 AM
It's good he's going to rehab if he has a problem. Now when he gets out, I hope UGA gets him. That way we can get some payback for Mettenberger. They take the guy we boot. We take the guy they boot.

barry_smilez20
08-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Is he addicted to pot? Lol

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 08:31 AM

never heard of drug addiction?

Bump
08-17-2012, 08:34 AM
LSU parted ways with Mathieu a week ago after he failed multiple drug tests. According to the Fox affiliate in New Orleans, Mathieu has been in a drug rehab in Houston and will remain there for an undetermined amount of time. Former NBA player John Lucas, who reached out to Mathieu after his dismissal, runs the Right Step recovery center in Houston. Bruce Feldman of CBSsports.com says Mathieu has been there since Sunday battling marijuana addiction.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THIS COUNTRY IS SO FUCKING STUPID

Black Bob
08-17-2012, 08:35 AM
From what I heard on the radio, his Dad is making him go.

DaKCMan AP
08-17-2012, 08:35 AM
never heard of drug addiction?

Never heard of celebrities and athletes going to rehab for 'addictions' that aren't really addiction?

It's a PR move, IMO.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Never heard of celebrities and athletes going to rehab for 'addictions' that aren't really addiction?

It's a PR move, IMO.

he's a millionaire celebrity?

he's a professional athlete?

he's neither?

blaise
08-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Marijuana addiction. Ok.

blaise
08-17-2012, 08:38 AM

he's neither?

He aspires to be one.

Black Bob
08-17-2012, 08:39 AM
The Honey Badger's father, Tyrone Mathieu, tells FOX 8 Sports that he and Tyrann agree -- until he conquers his demons, he won't be successful at his future endeavors, wherever they unfold. The senior Mathieu says both Tyrann and his family are committed to restoring Tyrann's health, no matter what it takes, believing football will take care of itself down the road.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/tyrann-mathieu-next-move-drug-rehab-battle-marijuana-132036044--ncaaf.html

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 08:39 AM
He aspires to be one.

so?

blaise
08-17-2012, 08:41 AM
so?

So, I think it's a PR move because he thinks it will help him salvage whatever career he may have left.
I think that's more likely than him being so addicted to pot that he needs rehab.

Black Bob
08-17-2012, 08:44 AM
I smoked pot every day for 10 years. My wife got pregnant and I had to get a job with benefits and they did random drug tests so I had to quit. It wasn't easy quitting. Not as hard as cigarettes but it wasn't easy...

barry_smilez20
08-17-2012, 08:49 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uUPHlAbAf2I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

unoriginal, but necessary.

NSFW- language

vailpass
08-17-2012, 09:17 AM
So, I think it's a PR move because he thinks it will help him salvage whatever career he may have left.
I think that's more likely than him being so addicted to pot that he needs rehab.

BINGO

Black Bob
08-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I think his Dad is an ultra-religious Bible Belt guy who is making him go to save his soul. I really don't think it's about PR but you never know.

DaKCMan AP
08-17-2012, 09:42 AM

he's neither?

:rolleyes:

He's an aspiring professional athlete. A highly successful one who was a Heisman runner-up last year. Previous Heisman candidates/winners who returned to school took out insurance policies against their future potential earnings/worth.

His image and reputation will highly affect his draft position which will directly affect his earning potential.

This is a PR move.

sedated
08-17-2012, 09:50 AM
And I totally believe Tiger Woods was a “sex addict” too

Bambi
08-17-2012, 10:11 AM
This is just a ploy to get him back on the LSU team.

Watch...in two weeks you'll start hearing words like "amazing recovery" and "miraculous change in attitude".

Then before you know it...BAM! On the field against Auburn.

Bowser
08-17-2012, 10:18 AM
This is just a ploy to get him back on the LSU team.

Watch...in two weeks you'll start hearing words like "amazing recovery" and "miraculous change in attitude".

Then before you know it...BAM! On the field against Auburn.

Jesus, I actually agree with you. The Mayans were right.

I wouldn't be shocked in the least to see him back by week 2 or 3. It's just the way things work with "superstar" players.

O.city
08-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Do you guys not want to see the best players on the field?

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 10:25 AM

they're going to spend thousands on rehab for a fake addiction?

because the NFL doesn't draft pot smokers?

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 10:27 AM

He's an aspiring professional athlete. A highly successful one who was a Heisman runner-up last year. Previous Heisman candidates/winners who returned to school took out insurance policies against their future potential earnings/worth.

His image and reputation will highly affect his draft position which will directly affect his earning potential.

This is a PR move.

is his family rich?

cuase if not, it's a hella expensive PR move...

RealSNR
08-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Misleading thread title. Honey badgers don't go to rehab. Ban him from football.

sedated
08-17-2012, 10:44 AM
is his family rich?

cuase if not, it's a hella expensive PR move...

How much do you think those million dollar insurance policies cost? Families always seem to come up with the cash for that.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 10:46 AM
How much do you think those million dollar insurance policies cost? Families always seem to come up with the cash for that.

a lot less than rehab...

buddha
08-17-2012, 10:50 AM
The eternal question of, "how much blow would you have to do to get kicked off of a Les Miles team" has finally been answered.

blaise
08-17-2012, 10:51 AM

They don't care if he's a pot smoker. They care that he's a dumbass that gets caught. He needs to convince them he cares.

vailpass
08-17-2012, 10:58 AM

To make millions next year? Absolutely. The agent will front the money if needed.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
They don't care if he's a pot smoker. They care that he's a dumbass that gets caught. He needs to convince them he cares.

loads of players get in trouble, don't go to rehab, and get drafted...the league only gives a shit about talent...

it doesn't make sense that they're shelling out $10,000 to prove something to league that doesn't require proof...but whatever...

Bowser
08-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Is there something more to this story? If every college football coach kicked off every player they had that was "hooked" on the hoob, I'm thinking rosters everywhere would be pretty thin.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 11:01 AM
To make millions next year? Absolutely. The agent will front the money if needed.

he has an agent?

who?

blaise
08-17-2012, 11:02 AM
loads of players get in trouble, don't go to rehab, and get drafted...the league only gives a shit about talent...

it doesn't make sense that they're shelling out $10,000 to prove something to league that doesn't require proof...but whatever...

You don't think teams factor character at all? Or are you under the impression he's so good no matter what he does it doesn't matter?

vailpass
08-17-2012, 11:03 AM
he has an agent?

who?

Sorry, should have said "in theses cases it isn't unusual for an agent to front the money". I am not aware of him having an agent.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 11:04 AM
You don't think teams factor character at all? Or are you under the impression he's so good no matter what he does it doesn't matter?

character

everyone gets drafted...teams pay lip service to caring about that stuff

blaise
08-17-2012, 11:06 AM
character

It factors. It might not make every team pass on you, but it can cost you position. No one's going to want to pay a guy a ton of money if he's too stupid to pass a drug test.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 11:06 AM
it would be cheaper, and easier, for him to simply transfer and dominate at another school, even if he has to drop a level

vailpass
08-17-2012, 11:25 AM
character

True. Character questions can drop you from the first round to the second or later though and that is millions of $$ so who knows?

vailpass
08-17-2012, 11:27 AM
it would be cheaper, and easier, for him to simply transfer and dominate at another school, even if he has to drop a level

Is it certain this isn't what he is going to do? That would make the most sense unless dude just can't handle college anymore or doesn't want to risk an injury.
Saw a report the other day saying verbiage out of LSU seemed to leave the door open for him to return next year.

SAUTO
08-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I smoked pot every day for 10 years. My wife got pregnant and I had to get a job with benefits and they did random drug tests so I had to quit. It wasn't easy quitting. Not as hard as cigarettes but it wasn't easy...

LOL, weak minded people make me ROFL

Mr. Laz
08-17-2012, 11:29 AM
better for him to go into rehab and get his mind right

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 11:34 AM
i don't even know why I'm arguing, just bored

it just seems like more of a hassle to me - to go to rehab - than to just move on and say "I learned my lesson"...

certainly, rehab is not the common option for college players...though I bet many of them could genuinely use it

vailpass
08-17-2012, 12:03 PM

it just seems like more of a hassle to me - to go to rehab - than to just move on and say "I learned my lesson"...

certainly, rehab is not the common option for college players...though I bet many of them could genuinely use it

Yeah. I mean, rehab for pot? Really? Didn't even know there was such a thing.

DaKCMan AP
08-17-2012, 12:28 PM

Tell that to Janoris Jenkins. Top 10-15 talent and production that fell to the 2nd round.

Titty Meat
08-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Tell that to Janoris Jenkins. Top 10-15 talent and production that fell to the 2nd round.

Janoris Jenkins was also a criminal.

Buehler445
08-17-2012, 12:52 PM
The eternal question of, "how much blow would you have to do to get kicked off of a Les Miles team" has finally been answered.

Not sure why, but I laughed pretty damn hard at that.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 12:55 PM

tell him what? that he got drafted in spite of his problems

ok...it proves my point, but ok

DaKCMan AP
08-17-2012, 12:57 PM
tell him what? that he got drafted in spite of his problems

ok...it proves my point, but ok

No, the point is the $10,000 (your figure) in rehab costs pale in comparison to the amount of money lost by Janoris by falling more than 20 spots in the draft.

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 01:08 PM
No, the point is the $10,000 (your figure) in rehab costs pale in comparison to the amount of money lost by Janoris by falling more than 20 spots in the draft.

Still trying to figure out how every other sport you are a fan of a Florida team but football is KC. Story behind it?

Ceej
08-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Still trying to figure out how every other sport you are a fan of a Florida team but football is KC. Story behind it?

Why the fuck does it matter?

Completely irrelevant.

Xanathol
08-17-2012, 01:22 PM
A few things to know...

1. it was "synthetic" pot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis) and while I have no direct experience with the stuff, I do have a relative who was in a bad car accident when they freaked while on the stuff.

2. Word is, this was #3. LSU policy for athletes states 1st offense is basically nothing, 2nd is "15% of remaining games that season" suspension ( he missed the Auburn game for a rumored positive test last year ), #3 is mandatory 1 year suspension, entry into a program, etc, and #4 is permanently gone.

3. The football program will not comment on if he has a chance to come back in 2013 or not - despite what USA Today et al say ( they are connected to Glenn Guilbeau, a piece of shit in Shreveport who admittedly just wants to stir the pot ).

As for Tyrann himself, while I firmly believe people are responsible for their own actions no matter their upbringing, do realize that his biological mother is ( or was? ) a drug addict, his biological dad is in jail for murder, his grandpa who was raising him passed away when he was 5, and ever since he has been raised by his Aunt & Uncle ( now know as his real parents ) in a rather rough area.

Those things aren't excuses - they are facts. So when I hear he's in a rehab program, I have to believe its legitimate; not just for addiction, but also to get away from a bad crowd that was rumored he still hung out with despite those folks not even being enrolled at LSU.

As for a 'PR move by LSU to get him back on the team'... well, that's just ignorant. Les Miles kicked Ryan Perrilloux off the team, a starting QB who reminded many of Micheal Vick in college. That loss led to LSU's mess at QB with Jefferson and Lee for the years to come. LSU has only ever had one major violation and it was recently when an assistant coach lined up a JuCo guy to get the apartment of a former player ( note - Hicks, who was just drafted this year by the Saints, paid for the apartment himself ) and made too many calls to said player. Hicks never played a snap and was removed from the team before the season even started, the coach was "allowed to find a new job elsewhere", the incident was self reported, and the self imposed sanctions were actually lightened by the NCAA ( 2 schollie loss down to 1 and such ). LSU doesn't mess around.

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Why the **** does it matter?

Completely irrelevant.

Is this thread relavant to CHIEFSPlanet? No, so stfu.

Ceej
08-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Is this thread relavant to CHIEFSPlanet? No, so stfu.

Yup, you're still a young, punk kid.

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Yup, you're still a young, punk kid.

Yup, you're still a old pos.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 01:39 PM
A few things to know...

1. it was "synthetic" pot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_cannabis) and while I have no direct experience with the stuff, I do have a relative who was in a bad car accident when they freaked while on the stuff.

2. Word is, this was #3. LSU policy for athletes states 1st offense is basically nothing, 2nd is "15% of remaining games that season" suspension ( he missed the Auburn game for a rumored positive test last year ), #3 is mandatory 1 year suspension, entry into a program, etc, and #4 is permanently gone.

3. The football program will not comment on if he has a chance to come back in 2013 or not - despite what USA Today et al say ( they are connected to Glenn Guilbeau, a piece of shit in Shreveport who admittedly just wants to stir the pot ).

As for Tyrann himself, while I firmly believe people are responsible for their own actions no matter their upbringing, do realize that his biological mother is ( or was? ) a drug addict, his biological dad is in jail for murder, his grandpa who was raising him passed away when he was 5, and ever since he has been raised by his Aunt & Uncle ( now know as his real parents ) in a rather rough area.

Those things aren't excuses - they are facts. So when I hear he's in a rehab program, I have to believe its legitimate; not just for addiction, but also to get away from a bad crowd that was rumored he still hung out with despite those folks not even being enrolled at LSU.

As for a 'PR move by LSU to get him back on the team'... well, that's just ignorant. Les Miles kicked Ryan Perrilloux off the team, a starting QB who reminded many of Micheal Vick in college. That loss led to LSU's mess at QB with Jefferson and Lee for the years to come. LSU has only ever had one major violation and it was recently when an assistant coach lined up a JuCo guy to get the apartment of a former player ( note - Hicks, who was just drafted this year by the Saints, paid for the apartment himself ) and made too many calls to said player. Hicks never played a snap and was removed from the team before the season even started, the coach was "allowed to find a new job elsewhere", the incident was self reported, and the self imposed sanctions were actually lightened by the NCAA ( 2 schollie loss down to 1 and such ). LSU doesn't mess around.

does an alarm sound when someone posts about LSU on teh interwebs?

Death2CasselFans
08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
……..…..../´¯/)…...…....(\¯`\
………….../….//………..…...\\….\
………..../….//………… ..…..\\...\
….../´¯/…./´¯\…......../¯ `\…..\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_…..._| .\….\…..\.\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)....(..(...\….)...)…).)
.\……………..\/…/…....\..\/…………….../
..\………….….. /…….....\……….…….../
….\…………....(………. ...)………....../

Stanley Nickels
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Justin Houston wishes he'd have gone to rehab. Would've made him a ton of money if he ended up back in the mid-first round.

vailpass
08-17-2012, 02:45 PM
A few things to know...

Don't care what his shitbag family does, he's responsible for his own actions. Grow up or get out.

Points #2 & #3 are interesting. This is the second time I've heard there is a chance he could return to LSU next year.

Good to hear LSU runs a tight ship.

Shogun
08-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Probably been said. But lol @ rehab for weed

vailpass
08-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Probably been said. But lol @ rehab for weed

Seriously. Right up there with getting caught cheating and going in for sex addiction treatment.

The Franchise
10-26-2012, 09:21 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8552111/tyrann-mathieu-former-lsu-tigers-cornerback-arrested-drug-charges

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Tyrann Mathieu's chances of returning to LSU's football team took a serious hit Thursday when the 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist and three other former Tigers players were arrested on drug-related charges.

Mathieu and former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson were charged with simple possession of marijuana, the Baton Rouge police department said in a release.

Former Tigers linebacker Karnell Hatcher also was charged with simple possession while former defensive back Derrick Bryant faces the most serious charge of possession with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to police spokesman Don Kelly.

Known as the "Honey Badger," Mathieu was kicked off the team in August for failing multiple drug tests. He returned to the school as a regular student, hoping to earn a second chance at returning to the team.

But Thursday's arrest greatly narrows the chances of such a return for Mathieu, who would have been a junior this year and was suspended last season for failing a drug test for synthetic marijuana.

According to the police report, officers found the marijuana in Mathieu's apartment Thursday afternoon. Mathieu answered the door, and officers "immediately smelled a strong odor of marijuana," the police report stated.

After Mathieu, 20, gave the police his consent to search the apartment, officers discovered a marijuana grinder, a digital scale and 10 bags of high-grade marijuana, including seven in Bryant's backpack, according to the report.

Police say they were called to the apartment complex after receiving a complaint about a man, who later was identified as the 22-year-old Jefferson, forcing his way through the security gate before going to Mathieu's apartment.

It was the second arrest for Jefferson, the starting quarterback on last season's team that lost to Alabama in the BCS National Championship game.

A three-year starter, Jefferson missed the first three games last season after being arrested for his involvement in a bar fight during August camp. He was reinstated to the team after charges against him were reduced to a misdemeanor.

Lance Unglesby, Jefferson's lawyer in the misdemeanor criminal case, said a discovery hearing in that matter is scheduled next week. He said his client has always maintained his innocence in the bar fight.

"My opinion that Jordan is a fine young man remains the same," Unglesby said.

Unglesby said he had not yet been provided with any details of Jefferson's latest arrest, but stressed, "All individuals are presumed innocent and I look forward to the opportunity to examine the facts of this case to find out what really happened."

It was not immediately known whether Mathieu, Hatcher or Bryant had lawyers.

Hatcher was a linebacker who started last season until losing his starting job to current starter Kevin Minter. Bryant played sparingly but had a significant role in LSU's 2011 win over Auburn, playing after the suspension of Mathieu created a need for LSU in its nickel package.

O.city
10-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Good lord

DJ's left nut
10-26-2012, 09:34 AM
He was almost certainly going to be let back on the team next year, all he had to do was stay out of trouble.

C'mon, kid - gotta be smarter than that.

He's probably not an NFL cornerback (could maybe perform in a nickle role), but he'd absolutely get drafted late as a return man.

3 years in the league gets a pension, right? Plus the league minimum is a few hundred thousand. Even if he just returns kicks for 3 or 4 seasons, he's just cost himself millions in salary and his NFL pension.

noa
10-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Really a sad story of a guy who just can't get his act together. His father also pissed away his chances to be a football star, and Matthieu learned nothing from that.
Posted via Mobile Device

1ChiefsDan
10-26-2012, 09:40 AM
Stupid is as stupid does.

Woodchuck
10-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Well, I bet he enters the 2013 draft now... I wonder where he will be drafted?

Sannyasi
10-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Maybe he really does need rehab.

whoman69
10-26-2012, 02:36 PM

Uhm...ya think?

vailpass
10-26-2012, 02:37 PM

Rehab does not fix retard.

DJ's left nut
10-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Well, I bet he enters the 2013 draft now... I wonder where he will be drafted?

Right around where Burfict got drafted.

(P.S. We still should've grabbed that guy, but Pioli's an idiot)

Titty Meat
10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Right around where Burfict got drafted.

(P.S. We still should've grabbed that guy, but Pioli's an idiot)

Pioli could have drafted Dennard & Burfict in the 7th round instead he drafted 2 guys who aren't even on the fucking team. What a great representation of his tenure as a GM.

Marcellus
10-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I just heard on the radio he was not only caught with weed, he was bundling it up to sell it as well.

He may not be getting drafted.

DTLB58
10-26-2012, 03:00 PM
He was almost certainly going to be let back on the team next year, all he had to do was stay out of trouble.

C'mon, kid - gotta be smarter than that.

He's probably not an NFL cornerback (could maybe perform in a nickle role), but he'd absolutely get drafted late as a return man.

3 years in the league gets a pension, right? Plus the league minimum is a few hundred thousand. Even if he just returns kicks for 3 or 4 seasons, he's just cost himself millions in salary and his NFL pension.

Yep, 5'9" These new BIG WR's will dominate this punk. And Brent Musberger will call his last game as an announcer back in the NFL just so he can say "Honey Badger" for the 1,000th in a game. :shake:

SDKCCHIEFS
12-02-2012, 07:06 PM
if this kid is available in the 3rd would you take him (like we did houston) . the kid is gonna be a good football player.

Shogun
12-02-2012, 07:10 PM
if this kid is available in the 3rd would you take him (like we did houston) . the kid is gonna be a good football player.

I'm not sure I would spend a 3rd on this kid. I agree we need corner depth, but we also need to draft LB, another WR and Safety depth IMO. Personally I see somebody taking a chance on him in the 2nd but its not us.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Not sure i would take a chance at all on him......a team is just asking for headaches.

Sorter
12-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Pioli could have drafted Dennard & Burfict in the 7th round instead he drafted 2 guys who aren't even on the ****ing team. What a great representation of his tenure as a GM.

I really really really wanted Dennard.

I may or may not have yelled some horrible things when we passed on him in the 6th and 7th.

warpaint*
12-02-2012, 07:21 PM
I just heard on the radio he was not only caught with weed, he was bundling it up to sell it as well.

He may not be getting drafted.

If this is true then haaaaaail no I don't want him.