PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Just bought a PS3

AZORChiefFan
08-12-2012, 06:53 PM
First time owning any type of Playstation.

Is Playstation Plus worth the $50 a year subscription?

What's a good source for used games? I know amazon and ebay. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions.

I'm more of a casual gamer. I do get obsessed with games from time to time. I like FPS, RPG, and scrollers. Any game suggestions. Right now we have Little Big Planet 2 and Mortal Kombat vs DC.

Ceej
08-12-2012, 06:55 PM
You need to ask that cheating Hulk Hogan motherfucker, brother.

WhitiE
08-12-2012, 07:24 PM
I like plus cuz they let you download and play free games. Infamous 2, little big planet 2, and a whole lot more.

Guru
08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
You will need a lot of bandwidth if you get plus. some of those games are not small.

cabletech94
08-12-2012, 07:47 PM
First time owning any type of Playstation.

Is Playstation Plus worth the $50 a year subscription?

What's a good source for used games? I know amazon and ebay. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions.

I'm more of a casual gamer. I do get obsessed with games from time to time. I like FPS, RPG, and scrollers. Any game suggestions. Right now we have Little Big Planet 2 and Mortal Kombat vs DC.

dude, i bought one last weekend, too. why the fudge did i wait this long?
seriously.
been playing resistance 3. i'm impressed. picked up the batman arkham and arkham city @ wallyworld for 30. i think i did well.

Fruit Ninja
08-12-2012, 08:03 PM
make me wnat to get another ps3, but i rather build a new computer first. I do miss my ps3 :( rip ps3.

SnakeXJones
08-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Playstation Plus is worth every cent It saved me tons of money

Sure-Oz
08-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Uncharted 1-3 are a must imo...to start

cabletech94
08-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Uncharted 1-3 are a must imo...to start

i hear that quite a bit, thanks!!!

Sure-Oz
08-12-2012, 09:05 PM
i hear that quite a bit, thanks!!!

No prob...you bought 2 other games i would suggest but uncharted 1-3 are def. worth it. Story, gameplay are excellent. Probably my favorite series.

The God of War series would be next

AZORChiefFan
08-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah guy at Fry's said Uncharted series and God of War. I'll have to check em out. And I'll eventually get PS+.

Thanks

Fruit Ninja
08-12-2012, 11:45 PM
All God Of War Games kick ass. They have the last gen games re-done in HD i think.

La literatura
08-12-2012, 11:53 PM
1) I am not a gamer, though I do own a PS3.

2) I only play Rockstar games. GTA. LA Noire. Red Dead Redemption.

It's not that I don't think other games are good. I just don't have enough time to play much. So when I do play, I have gone with Rockstar, and I am a fanboi. No apologies.

(That said, Assassin's Creed and The Show were, with my limited experience, fun, too)

KCFalcon59
08-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Red Dead Redemption is a kick ass game. Loved that game.

Von Dumbass
08-13-2012, 07:22 AM
You should check out the Dead Space and Bioshock series too.

Gonzo
08-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Uncharted 1-3 are awesome. 1 is a little old and the graphics are a little lame. But the story is great.
2 and 3 are wonderful and you will get hooked.

I also reccomend anything from rockstar.

I really enjoyed the Infamous games as well. There's a lot out there that will waste a vast percentage of your life.

lcarus
08-13-2012, 10:33 AM

It's not that I don't think other games are good. I just don't have enough time to play much. So when I do play, I have gone with Rockstar, and I am a fanboi. No apologies.

(That said, Assassin's Creed and The Show were, with my limited experience, fun, too)

Well at least you chose great games to play. Rockstar is awesome. RDR is probably my favorite game of this generation.

Deberg_1990
08-13-2012, 10:43 AM

Pretty much how i am. IM not really a huge gamer, but like to play 1 or 2 games a year.

The PS3 is a great system. It makes a nice media center as well.

lcarus
08-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Definitely get Bioshock, though if you have a 360 or a good PC, it's better on either of those systems than on PS3. The new Mortal Kombat game is pretty cool. A ton better than MK vs DC. Red Dead Redemption is a 10/10 in my opinion.

As far as PS3 exclusives, look these games up and check out their reviews, trailers, gameplay videos. See what sticks out to you.

Infamous
God of War 3
God of War HD Collection
God of War Origins Collection
Uncharted 1-3
Demon's Souls (hard as hell and not my cup of tea. others love it)
Dead Nation
Bloodrayne Betrayal (a fun but difficult sidescroller reminiscent of old school games)
Gran Turismo 5
Heavenly Sword
Heavy Rain
ICO & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
Twisted Metal
Metal Gear Solid 4

AZORChiefFan
08-13-2012, 07:34 PM
I just got PS3 Media Server to work. Had to hardwire to router.
No big deal because router is behind TV.
Now I have a AppleTV 3 I don't need. Don't have to convert files to mp4's either.
Just waiting on Sunday Ticket to become available.