PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Draughn running with the 1st team today.

JohnnyHammersticks
08-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Good. I've only seen this guy on a handful of plays, but he sure as hell looked the part to me. He looked like a quick, decisive, explosive NFL running back. He looked like he absolutely belongs in this league. Keeping 4 tailbacks on the roster might not be the most conventional move, but I can't see us cutting Gray, and we'd be insane to cut Draughn based on the small--but extremely impressive--sample size I've seen so far. I know it sounds crazy with Charles and Hillis on the roster, but if Draughn gets a chance, I think he could lead the team in rushing this year.

Edit - Forgot to credit Bob Fescoe's twitter account for the info on Draughn running with the ones today. @bobfescoe

Direckshun
08-14-2012, 06:00 PM
What's his story?

Anybody know this guy's background?

AZORChiefFan
08-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Well then I guess that means Charles is a bust and should be cut/traded. Maybe trade his broken ass for a 4th rounder

Von Dumbass
08-14-2012, 06:02 PM
OMG I hope Charles is OK!

Munson
08-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Our #3 (and possibly #4) RB's will be better than our #2 and #3 RB's from last year.

jspchief
What's his story?

Didn't he play in Washington?

JohnnyHammersticks
Where did you get the info regarding Charles being a bust. I think he's the career leader in yards per carry, so I you could hardly call him a bust.

jspchief
08-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Didn't he play in Washington?

Guess not... He didn't make their 2011 53

Direckshun
08-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Where did you get the info regarding Charles being a bust. I think he's the career leader in yards per carry, so I you could hardly call him a bust.

He is clearly a bust.

Draughn running with the first team today? After the contract we paid Charles?

That's why we brought on Hillis, too. Charles has lost his burst.

Douche Baggins
08-14-2012, 06:06 PM
I will give credit to Pioli for stocking the cupboard at RB.

After what happened last year, handing the ball to Jones and Battle and McCluster, having 4 RBs who look very capable could be huge.

JohnnyHammersticks
08-14-2012, 06:07 PM
He was on our PS last year until Battle went on IR, then he was on the 53 for the rest of the season. I didn't even know he was on the team last year.

Infidel Goat
08-14-2012, 06:07 PM

You need to go here:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xsaOeIfcgO4/TLDbHtGZirI/AAAAAAAAARA/BxgjUwySaC8/s1600/IronyTypo.jpg

Mr. Laz
08-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Booo .... Grey > Draugn

JohnnyHammersticks
08-14-2012, 06:10 PM
You need to go here:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xsaOeIfcgO4/TLDbHtGZirI/AAAAAAAAARA/BxgjUwySaC8/s1600/IronyTypo.jpg

Either that, or you could take a seminar on someone trying to answer a stupid statement with an equally stupid response. That way, the next time it happened, you'd pick up on it.

JohnnyHammersticks
08-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Booo .... Grey > Draugn

Has anyone ever misspelled 3 words/names in a 3-word post before? I believe we have a new record my friends!

JoeyChuckles
08-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Draughn needs more carries.

Bookmark it, I said it first.

tmw4h5
08-14-2012, 06:15 PM
trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls.

Bravo, AZORChiefFan, you have rustled many, many jimmies.

Phobia
08-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Draughn needs more carries.

Bookmark it, I said it first.

The dude had 3 nice, hard runs last Friday. The rest were for loss or 1 yard gains. Thomas Jones would be proud to boast his YPC.

chaotic646
08-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Satan sperm. It's red hot.

Simplicity
08-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Satan sperm. It's red hot.

Dumb.

DaKernal
08-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Liked what I saw from him against the cards. Dude shows some talent although i dont think he should be taking many carries away from Charles or Hillis.

Coogs
Dude looks good with the #1's, but not so much with the 2's and 3's.

Doesn't he know that he should look unbelievable when playing with lesser talent, and possibly even elevate that lesser talent to look better than they actually are? /StanziHaters

loochy

Either that, or you could take a seminar on someone trying to answer a stupid statement with an equally stupid response. That way, the next time it happened, you'd pick up on it.

:facepalm:

DaneMcCloud
08-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Cool! Now the Chiefs can trade Charles for two first round draft choices and get replacements for Albert and Dorsey.

Win-win

BossChief
08-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Cool! Now the Chiefs can trade Charles for two first round draft choices and get replacements for Albert and Dorsey.

Win-winYou mean Poe and Stephenson?

Fruit Ninja
08-14-2012, 07:20 PM
:facepalm:

it takes new people on a forum to learn Internet Sarcasm. lol It takes a while.

The Bad Guy
08-14-2012, 07:21 PM
OMG I hope Charles is OK!

I hope you drive into an AIDS tree.

The Bad Guy
08-14-2012, 07:21 PM
With Hillis as the hybrid FB, carrying all 4 won't matter.

AZORChiefFan
08-14-2012, 07:23 PM
The only reason Charles had a 6.4 ypc in 2010 was due to Cassel's 58.2 completion rating at 6.9 yards per. With a pro-bowl QB lighting it up like that I'd say someone like McCluster would get at least 6.4 ypc.

Fruit Ninja
08-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Why do people think Hillis is going to be playing fullback at times. The only time he's gonna be in there with another RB, is in shotgun. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt you will ever see him play in a traditional FB role at any time.

Simplicity
08-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Why do we still have our two FB's? Just get rid of them for roster space.

DTLB58
08-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Why do people think Hillis is going to be playing fullback at times. The only time he's gonna be in there with another RB, is in shotgun. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt you will ever see him play in a traditional FB role at any time.

If I'm not mistaken that's where he lined up on the very first play Friday night.

Unsmooth-Moment
08-14-2012, 07:54 PM
I'd rather have 4 RB's and 0 FB's than 3/1

JohnnyHammersticks
08-14-2012, 07:59 PM

Right. And if Maneri keeps playing well at TE, that's also one less backup o-lineman they have to keep because I'm sure he could still play tackle in a pinch.

Coach
08-14-2012, 08:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken that's where he lined up on the very first play Friday night.

Didn't he (or someone) go in motion though? And even if he was playing a traditional FB, I would think that chances are that it's going to be a passing situation. But that's just me. *shrug*

SNR
08-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Right. And if Maneri keeps playing well at TE, that's also one less backup o-lineman they have to keep because I'm sure he could still play tackle in a pinch.

Maneri is now 270 lbs. And he sucked as a tackle before. He made the position switch for a reason.

Ace Gunner
08-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Finding good FB's is not so easy anymore. I'd like the Chiefs to use H back instead.

Chiefaholic
08-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Hillis just signed a one year deal. He's using this season to prove he recovered from injury and that 2010 wasn't a fluke. Pioli isn't going to give two HB's a huge payday, so keeping all 4 this season seems the logical thing to do with only three returning next season. We always have the option of Hillis or Maneri for 2 back sets when the situation calls for it. Neither of our FB's compare to T-Rich, so the team wouldn't miss either of them.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-15-2012, 06:06 AM
I really like Draughn but, I like Gray too. It seems pretty hard to imagine we would keep four running backs. I bet we are going to showcase Draughn against the Rams. Hopefully, we would get a good pick for him.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-15-2012, 06:07 AM
Finding good FB's is not so easy anymore. I'd like the Chiefs to use H back instead.

We should have signed Ovie Mughelli before the Rams did.

Hog Farmer
08-15-2012, 06:37 AM
It will be interesting to see what Draughn does behind the 1st string OL.

Chiefshrink
08-15-2012, 08:35 AM

This ! Assuming he stays healthy. Pioli got a 3 for 1 with Hillis. A FB/RB with actual power and a little wiggle(not much but just a little) that can catch the ball.

SNR
08-15-2012, 08:36 AM
I really like Draughn but, I like Gray too. It seems pretty hard to imagine we would keep four running backs. I bet we are going to showcase Draughn against the Rams. Hopefully, we would get a good pick for him.

No it's not. Teams do it all the time.

We'll keep all four.

Chiefshrink
08-15-2012, 08:37 AM

We'll keep all four.

Especially with Hillis and Charles coming off their injuries.

ChiefsNow
08-15-2012, 08:56 AM
All players on a team get their money. Whatever money that is. The team should just put that money in a pot and forget about who got what and play the best player at the position, no matter what. How else can you get the best out of the team. If Drougn is the best RB. play him. If Trick shot is the best qb , play him. if Poe is found to be better and DE than Jackson, play him. If Cassel is a better punter , fucking play him. The money is spent. Put the best team together and at the end of the year, check how much each part of the whole costs and cut the expensive shit out. Draft over again, sign new guys from other teams with surprising talents and play them where the play best.

boogblaster
08-15-2012, 09:47 AM
I will give credit to Pioli for stocking the cupboard at RB.

After what happened last year, handing the ball to Jones and Battle and McCluster, having 4 RBs who look very capable could be huge.

yea the league has kinda went away from RB's .. more WR's .. but they still have to have a running game .. so ya keep em all .....

PGM
08-15-2012, 10:14 AM
We have White Bettis, Barry Sanders, and Priest Holmes as our top 3 running backs :)

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-15-2012, 11:38 AM

We'll keep all four.

So why start him?

KC Tattoo
08-15-2012, 11:46 AM
We have White Bettis, Barry Sanders, and Priest Holmes as our top 3 running backs :)

Maybe it was his #32, but Draughn reminded me of Marcus Allen friday night.

Rain Man
08-15-2012, 11:56 AM
As a theory, are our running backs all looking good because our offensive line is looking good? Usually when an entire unit looks good it's less about them than it is about the line.

the Talking Can
08-15-2012, 12:04 PM
All players on a team get their money. Whatever money that is. The team should just put that money in a pot and forget about who got what and play the best player at the position, no matter what. How else can you get the best out of the team. If Drougn is the best RB. play him. If Trick shot is the best qb , play him. if Poe is found to be better and DE than Jackson, play him. If Cassel is a better punter , ****ing play him. The money is spent. Put the best team together and at the end of the year, check how much each part of the whole costs and cut the expensive shit out. Draft over again, sign new guys from other teams with surprising talents and play them where the play best.

i think the Chiefs have suggestion boxes in their toilets...

mcaj22
08-15-2012, 12:13 PM
What's his story?

he played on those stacked UNC teams (the ones with all the NFL prospects) With TJ Yates and splitting time at RB with guys like Johnny White

He averaged like 4.6 yards per carry on like 450 carries his college career there.