PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cyrus Gray Among Kansas City Chiefs Injured In Training Camp

Mr. Laz
08-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Cyrus Gray Among Kansas City Chiefs Injured In Training Camp
Aug 1511:52a
by kevinj114

READ MORE: Travis Daniels (CB - KAN), Brandon Flowers (CB - KAN), Cameron Sheffield (LB - KAN), Shane Bannon (FB - KAN), Cyrus Gray (RB - KAN), Junior Hemingway (WR - KAN), Ethan Johnson (DE - KAN), Kansas City Chiefs

Cornerback Brandon Flowers isn't the only Kansas City Chiefs player hurt right now. Running back Cyrus Gray has been sitting out Kansas City Chiefs Training Camp practice after a foot injury. The rookie out of Texas A&M also missed time earlier in camp with a hamstring injury.

In addition to Flowers, the defense is a tad banged up right now. Linebacker Cameron Sheffield (groin), defensive back Travis Daniels and defensive end Ethan Johnson have also been sitting out of practice for the Chiefs.

On the positive end of the injury spectrum, running back Shane Bannon (who wound up on IR last season) is back on the field in pads after missing time. Wide receiver Junior Hemingway, who has been out for a couple of weeks, "was able to start some movement stuff," coach Romeo Crennel said on Tuesday. "Even though he is not in pads, at least he is beginning to move, so that's a good sign that eventually he'll be in pads and be back out there."

The Chiefs play their second preseason game Saturday against the St. Louis Rams.

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2012/8/15/3244750/kansas-city-chiefs-injury-update-cyrus-gray

DaFace
08-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Bah. At least they all seem pretty minor.

Mr. Laz
08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Bah. At least they all seem pretty minor.
Hemingway looks like will be cut or they will put him all the practice squad.

he's been injured for a long time

I had high hopes for him.

Discuss Thrower
08-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Laying the groundwork for protecting players from getting signed elsewhere by putting them on IR.

Mr. Laz
08-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Sheffield hurt .......... again

seems like he's been hurt forever

Dicky McElephant
08-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Is Sheffield ever healthy?

the Talking Can
08-15-2012, 12:35 PM
never good for rooks to miss time...draughn (?) isn't going to feel sorry for him

KC Tattoo
08-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Sheffield hurt .......... again

seems like he's been hurt forever

He had that big sack against the Cards too. Was am really pulling for him to make the team. But if he can't stay healthy then that's another story we need guys available to get on the field when called upon.

Saul Good
08-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Anyone else starting to get concerned about Flowers?

BigMeatballDave
08-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Anyone else starting to get concerned about Flowers?No. Its a vet thing. Gonzales used to 'tweek' his hammies all time in TC.

InChiefsHell
08-15-2012, 01:14 PM

I've decided that they are just gonna let him sit out and take it easy while they evaluate Brown. He's actually fine and just getting a little veteran love.

...that's what I'm telling myself anyway...

DaFace
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM

Mildly, but he's still attending practices every day. If he had a more serious injury, you wouldn't think they'd have him rehabbing somewhere rather than out there standing on the sidelines.

mcaj22
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
im getting concerned about Flowers when his only good backup, Travis Daniels is also out.

so that means Jalil Brown and Jacque Reeves. Two turds that will get farted on

Count Alex's Losses
08-15-2012, 01:18 PM
This Flowers thing is reaching Defcon 27

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2007/11/05/johnsonx.jpg