PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports All Hail Kobe

BIG_DADDY
08-16-2012, 10:38 PM
For the Laker haters

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-kobe-bryant-visitin-china-on-nike-tour-20120816,0,1129642.story

Buck
08-16-2012, 10:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cNJMe.gif

Inmem58
08-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Sick picture

BIG_DADDY
08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Sick picture

He is big here but we get no real perception of how big he is once you leave here due to a lifetime of media bashing.

Al Bundy
08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Don't you douchebags have your own Lakers thread?

BIG_DADDY
08-16-2012, 10:58 PM

Come on dude, you gotta admit that is a pretty amazing picture.

okcchief
08-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Durant is going for the third or forth year in a row. It almost seems like the NBA is bigger over there than here. It probably just seems that way because of their massive population.

JD10367
08-17-2012, 01:56 AM
So the Chinese--a truly fucked-up people who are prone to female abuse, child endangerment, and animal cruelty--worship The Rapist. And we should give a fuck, why?

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Durant is going for the third or forth year in a row. It almost seems like the NBA is bigger over there than here. It probably just seems that way because of their massive population.

It is big there but the reason Kobe is so big is because there is an element within the Eastern culture that recognizes the greatness of giving everything you have. Where else do you go where they actually cheer the loser if they give it everything? We saw that often in Beijing. In Kobe they see a guy who has given 100% every day, every play for his entire career. Even in the off season he is taking on his own medical to try and get an edge. They recognize that element as being true greatness. There are other athletes who have come out and said similar things like Jordans he is the only other guy who has put in the time and could be compared to him quote. I think that's what many Americans especially the media don't get about the global response. The people in the media on the contrary have spent their whole career dogging the guy out and don't understand why the world won't follow their lead as so many Americans have.

La literatura
08-17-2012, 09:52 AM
They probably don't know who he is, but are fascinated by a black person.

vailpass
08-17-2012, 10:17 AM
It is big there but the reason Kobe is so big is because there is an element within the Eastern culture that recognizes the greatness of giving everything you have. Where else do you go where they actually cheer the loser if they give it everything? We saw that often in Beijing. In Kobe they see a guy who has given 100% every day, every play for his entire career. Even in the off season he is taking on his own medical to try and get an edge. They recognize that element as being true greatness. There are other athletes who have come out and said similar things like Jordans he is the only other guy who has put in the time and could be compared to him quote. I think that's what many Americans especially the media don't get about the global response. The people in the media on the contrary have spent their whole career dogging the guy out and don't understand why the world won't follow their lead as so many Americans have.

Pretty good post here. Now beat the Heat.

L.A. Chieffan
08-17-2012, 10:28 AM
WHERE IS THE ORANGE CHICKEN?

http://hungeree.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/reuters_china_kobe_bryant_16Aug12-975x632.jpg

lcarus
08-17-2012, 11:26 AM
So the Chinese--a truly fucked-up people who are prone to female abuse, child endangerment, and animal cruelty--worship The Rapist. And we should give a fuck, why?

I'm no Kobe fan but I don't buy that he raped that woman.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2012, 11:51 AM
this

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2012, 12:00 PM
So the Chinese--a truly ****ed-up people who are prone to female abuse, child endangerment, and animal cruelty--worship The Rapist. And we should give a ****, why?

WOW and I thought I had issues with the Chinese.

Who is we? Are you speaking for the entire BB again or is this just another bad attempt at being French? How nice of you to bless them with your infinate knowledge.

Rape? LMAO ESPN much?

I was never saying anyone should care either, I just thought it was a cool picture.

vailpass
08-17-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm no Kobe fan but I don't buy that he raped that woman.

Agreed; she was down with the black mamba. He just PIIHB without announcing his attentions.
I aint sayin' she's a gold digger.....

BIG_DADDY
08-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Pretty good post here. Now beat the Heat.

Believe me there is nothing I would like to see more (other than a Chiefs Superbowl win) than the Lakers beat the Heat to win it all especially considering I hate the Heat more than any other team in professional sports. During the game when it became obvious the Heat were going to win it all I just turned off the TV even with my family and guests at the house. Dad asked me what I was doing I just told him I couldn't watch it.

Bowser
08-17-2012, 12:13 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsnxt3vV3K1qc2qcs.gif

vailpass
08-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Believe me there is nothing I would like to see more (other than a Chiefs Superbowl win) than the Lakers beat the Heat to win it all especially considering I hate the Heat more than any other team in professional sports. During the game when it became obvious the Heat were going to win it all I just turned off the TV even with my family and guests at the house. Dad asked me what I was doing I just told him I couldn't watch it.

I don't know of a more universally disliked team. Outside of Miami nobody would care if their starting five all blew out both knees tomorrow. Utterly unlikeable.