PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So are we a "decent" Cassel away?

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 05:51 PM
You guys know I'm not as schooled as you in football and the Chiefs so please forgive what is probably a stupid question that has been discussed before.

Now that Bowe is on-board, Charles, Berry and Moeaki are back, the defense has playmakers, the O-line is getting better (yes I do read Chiefs threads), Haley crazy is gone... are we really a "decent" season by Cassel away from making some noise?

I'm no Direckshun but in all I've read it seems the Chiefs are pretty stacked outside of QB. Of course we lack at the most important position... naturally. We're KC.

I'll sit back, read and learn. I'm honestly getting pretty excited about the team for the first time in years outside of Cassel.

Thanks for your input. Would love to get into football again.

|Zach|
08-17-2012, 05:54 PM
It seems so. Pretty surprising really. Of course we will have to see how things shake out.

More than anything what is encouraging was the production of the team last year even with the toxic coaching situation and all of the injuries.

Deberg_1990
Just an average David Garrard away.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Alex's Losses
Yes, we are Cassel playing like he is better than he actually is away from making some noise.

jspchief
08-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Coach and QB away.

the Talking Can
08-17-2012, 05:57 PM
just marking this thread so i can find it later....

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:00 PM
just marking this thread so i can find it later....

Why? Just curious.

O.city
08-17-2012, 06:01 PM
I get that people are down on Romeo from his days in Cleveland, but so far it seems he's learned from it.

He ran a good camp, from what I've heard. He's chewing some ass, or so I've heard and the team has been extremely organized so far.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Coach and QB away.

Is Romeo really that bad if he's coaching a good team? He wasn't in Cleveland.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Is Romeo really that bad if he's coaching a good team? He wasn't in Cleveland.

We're gonna find out.

DTLB58
08-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Coach and QB away.

I thought the same when RAC was named HC, but I'm changing my mind about him and Daboll.

I can admit when I'm wrong. Thinking this may be one of them. Still wish he was about 20 years younger so we could build something for the future if he turns out to be gold. Then again he wouldn't have all this experience. :hmmm:

O.city
08-17-2012, 06:05 PM
I thought the same when RAC was named HC, but I'm changing my mind about him and Daboll.

I can admit when I'm wrong. Thinking this may be one of them. Still wish he was about 20 years younger so we could build something for the future if he turns out to be gold. Then again he wouldn't have all this experience. :hmmm:

It's been 1 PS game, I'll say so good so far.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:06 PM
We're gonna find out.

Fair enough. We won 2 of 3 with him at the helm last year right? Does that mean anything?

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Fair enough. We won 2 of 3 with him at the helm last year right? Does that mean anything?

Kyle Orton isn't walking through that door.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-17-2012, 06:07 PM
I really feel like this is our best shot since 1995. I am usually pretty cautious but, this year is different. If Cassel is pretty good, we will go far. I think we win a playoff game this year and maybe more. I think this is th best team since 1995. I think Cassel will have a career season.

O.city
08-17-2012, 06:07 PM
I put one win on Orton and one win on the defense.

O.city
08-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Teams don't generally go far the first time they get into the playoffs. Usually it takes time. Hopefully, 2010 was our first year of getting face stomped and learning how to play in the playoffs.

I'm still concerned that our QB isn't near good enough. Not so much concerned as know.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:09 PM

Doesn't seem to me he was that good anyway but I'll defer to you on it.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 06:09 PM
I put one win on Orton and one win on TIM TEBOW

FYP

O.city
08-17-2012, 06:10 PM
FYP

Well, now that Daboll has fixed Cassel, it really won't matter.

vailpass
FYP

There you have it.

DTLB58
I get that people are down on Romeo from his days in Cleveland, but so far it seems he's learned from it.

He ran a good camp, from what I've heard. He's chewing some ass , or so I've heard and the team has been extremely organized so far.

Yea, I thought he would be a big ol' Teddy bear to the players. But I've heard some remarks at his pressers and seen some of those (What you talkin about) looks, that would just scare the hell out of you.

petegz28
08-17-2012, 06:12 PM
I think our running game is going to take us a long way. Not just because Cassel needs it but because more and more teams are going away from emphasising it. The best way to counter a high powered offense is to keep them on the sidelines and you do that by running the ball.

Plus I am a bit of a contrarian. If every other team is trying to focus more and more on the pass then it's probably a good thing to focus on the run.

O.city
08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
The rules are geared to throw the ball in the NFL right now, you have to score to win. Passing is now the easiest way to score.

I hope we run the ball well this year, and we should. But Cassel is gonna need to throw for more than 200 yards per game if we are gonna be as good as some think we will be.

Denver Mike
08-17-2012, 06:37 PM
You guys know I'm not as schooled as you in football and the Chiefs so please forgive what is probably a stupid question that has been discussed before.

Now that Bowe is on-board, Charles, Berry and Moeaki are back, the defense has playmakers, the O-line is getting better (yes I do read Chiefs threads), Haley crazy is gone... are we really a "decent" season by Cassel away from making some noise?

I'm no Direckshun but in all I've read it seems the Chiefs are pretty stacked outside of QB. Of course we lack at the most important position... naturally. We're KC.

I'll sit back, read and learn. I'm honestly getting pretty excited about the team for the first time in years outside of Cassel.

Thanks for your input. Would love to get into football again.

Even a decent Cassel cant salvage the entire season...

I'm not gonna lie, you're a decent QB away from an instant contender..

But Cassel aint it, not even near peak of his abilities.

If I were GM, I'd trade Cassel, and a 4th to the Falcons for Dominique Davis..

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:41 PM
The rules are geared to throw the ball in the NFL right now, you have to score to win. Passing is now the easiest way to score.

I hope we run the ball well this year, and we should. But Cassel is gonna need to throw for more than 200 yards per game if we are gonna be as good as some think we will be.

Serious question... but considering Cassels lack of perfornance in the past, having Charles back and Hillis now, does he really need to? Obviously it would be great if he does throw for those kind of yards but if you can play ball control offense and score while eating clock and keeping the ball away from the opponent isn't that still a good way to win?

Seems to be that with good corners and safteys we should be able to keep the opposition mostly under control if they want to pass all day. Sure you'll have a big play now and then... but overall it seems we have the personnel to keep that in check for the most part. Maybe I'm wrong.

If our db's can do their job most of the time and we can control the ball throught the running game and score touchdowns more often than field goals then Cassel doesn't need to be great.

Excuse the overly-simplistic viewpoint.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:42 PM

If I were GM, I'd trade Cassel, and a 4th to the Falcons for Dominique Davis..

I'm guessing you're a donk fan.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Cassel is never decent against good teams.

That's the problem.

O.city
08-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Serious question... but considering Cassels lack of perfornance in the past, having Charles back and Hillis now, does he really need to? Obviously it would be great if he does throw for those kind of yards but if you can play ball control offense and score while eating clock and keeping the ball away from the opponent isn't that still a good way to win?

Seems to be that with good corners and safteys we should be able to keep the opposition mostly under control if they want to pass all day. Sure you'll have a big play now and then... but overall it seems we have the personnel to keep that in check for the most part. Maybe I'm wrong.

If our db's can do their job most of the time and we can control the ball throught the running game and score touchdowns more often than field goals then Cassel doesn't need to be great.

Excuse the overly-simplistic viewpoint.

Thats the problem. With the rules that are now in place, you can't control the passing game with CB's and S's. You have to rush and/or knock the shit out of the qb.

Maybe you can win some games with the running attack, but there is gonna come a time when teams can stop the run. Maybe not, if you have a dominant oline, but the qb is gonna have to make plays at one point or another.

That's how the Jets did what they did a few years ago. They ran it controlled the game and played great defense. But Sanchez did make big plays in the playoffs when he was asked to.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Thats the problem. With the rules that are now in place, you can't control the passing game with CB's and S's. You have to rush and/or knock the shit out of the qb.

Maybe you can win some games with the running attack, but there is gonna come a time when teams can stop the run. Maybe not, if you have a dominant oline, but the qb is gonna have to make plays at one point or another.

That's how the Jets did what they did a few years ago. They ran it controlled the game and played great defense. But Sanchez did make big plays in the playoffs when he was asked to.

OK thanks.

Back to read and learn.

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Matt Cassel has a career year. By next year Clay will be sucking some Cassel dee.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Matt Cassel has a career year. By next year Clay will be sucking some Cassel dee.

He won't be here ROFL

O.city
08-17-2012, 06:47 PM
OK thanks.

Back to read and learn.

You can control the game with secondary guys to a certain point, but when we play the Mannings, Brady's etc. you have to get after them. Can't play coverage and hope to make plays.

I think you can have a great team, run the ball, play great d, and be successful, but our qb is gonna have to man up at one point or another.

Denver Mike
08-17-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm guessing you're a donk fan.

Just as much as you are a queef fan..

rude ass

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:48 PM
I do appreciate the serious responses to the football dummy.

jspchief
08-17-2012, 06:49 PM
When I say "coach" its not a judgement of Crennel.

We have the individual talent imo. But we've all watched NFL teams loaded with talent that were not capable of playing up to their potential on a consistent basis.

We need a coach that can get the most out of these guys week after week. The right game plans, the right playcalling, the right team psyche.

I have no idea if Crennel is that guy. I just know that it will matter enough to be the difference between an underachieving team and a real contender.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:49 PM

rude ass

All I have to go on is your name. I don't know you with 5 posts.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:51 PM
You can control the game with secondary guys to a certain point, but when we play the Mannings, Brady's etc. you have to get after them. Can't play coverage and hope to make plays.

I think you can have a great team, run the ball, play great d, and be successful, but our qb is gonna have to man up at one point or another.

Yeah makes sense. Thanks again.

Denver Mike
08-17-2012, 06:51 PM
All I have to go on is your name. I don't know you with 5 posts.

Cheap shot..

KCtotheSB
08-17-2012, 06:52 PM

rude ass

If you think that's rude...

http://www.cdmetalsystems.com/assets/images/exit_door.jpg

lcarus

He ran a good camp, from what I've heard. He's chewing some ass, or so I've heard and the team has been extremely organized so far.

Agreed. I think some head coaches deserve second chances, and I think Romeo is one of the HCs that do. We know he's a great defensive coordinator at least. That side of the ball should be terrific.

Dr. Facebook Fever
Cheap shot..

mult eh?

Chief_For_Life58
08-17-2012, 06:54 PM
How are people allowed to start threads under 30,000 posts?

vailpass
08-17-2012, 06:54 PM

rude ass

Most people here are cool to visiting fans as long as you are cool too. Have a thick skin, don't get pissed, don't bend over and take it but lay low at first then gradually return shit when shit is given as you get to know people.

This is a damn good intraweb site if you take it easy at first.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 06:56 PM
How are people allowed to start threads under 30,000 posts?

Staggaring isn't it?

Denver Mike
08-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Most people here are cool to visiting fans as long as you are cool too. Have a thick skin, don't get pissed, don't bend over and take it but lay low at first then gradually return shit when shit is given as you get to know people.

This is a damn good intraweb site if you take it easy at first.

To be honest it wasn't a lack of thick skin, it was said in my head with a Jim Carrey voice.. apparently only I heard it! :P

vailpass
08-17-2012, 06:57 PM
To be honest it wasn't a lack of thick skin, it was said in my head with a Jim Carrey voice.. apparently only I heard it! :P

Alrighty then

|Zach|
08-17-2012, 07:21 PM

rude ass

Bawwww

SNR
08-17-2012, 07:56 PM

If I were GM, I'd trade Cassel, and a 4th to the Falcons for Dominique Davis..I'd trade our entire team to get rid of Cassel at this point

SNR
08-17-2012, 07:57 PM

rude ass

Ah see, now I wanted to like you, but now that you've said the magic dumbass word, that's changed now.

Go fuck your mother.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-17-2012, 07:58 PM
I'd trade our entire team to get rid of Cassel at this point

Even Copper and Stanzi :eek:

SNR
08-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Even Copper and Stanzi :eek:

Okay, ALMOST our entire team.

And Bowe. We're not trading Bowe. His chocolatey penis is too awesome.

Everyone else can GTFO, though.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Would you trade Bowe's chocolatey penis for Peyton and Decker's vanillatey version?

Guru
08-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Decent Cassel? I'm not holding my breath but will continue to hope.

SNR
08-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Would you trade Bowe's chocolatey penis for Peyton and Decker's vanillatey version?

Fuck no. It's bad enough we have white chocolate at RB.

chasedude
08-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm no wikipedia for football like others think they are so I stay out of most of the conversations.

From what I've seen so far this year from TC reports and watching the first preseason game, I'm impressed.

I havn't been this excited for the team since Peterson left.

aturnis
08-17-2012, 08:52 PM

Not this retarded assed shit again...

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Not this retarded assed shit again...

Cassel doesn't beat Aaron Rodgers 9 times out of 10.

We'd have punted a few times too many and Rodgers would have made us pay for it.

aturnis
08-17-2012, 09:02 PM

We'd have punted a few times too many and Rodgers would have made us pay for it.

Seems to me, Rodgers wouldn't be all that without all the receivers around him. Those stats blackretard posted were pretty eye opening...

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Seems to me, Rodgers wouldn't be all that without all the receivers around him.

Uh huh.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/264408/jordy_medium.gif

O.city
08-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Showing a gif where a wr makes a great play on an underthrow, not really helping your case

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Showing a gif where a wr makes a great play on an underthrow, not really helping your case

Intellectually dishonest trolling is never effective, son.

aturnis
08-17-2012, 09:12 PM

Ummm.....

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 09:26 PM

I'll be the first here to admit you know way more about football than me... but you're also as big a troll/dumbass as there is on this site. You're a cherry picking pro for sure.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 10:45 PM
To say that pass is underthrown is intellectually dishonest.

It's a badass fucking throw.

If you really think I need to cherry pick to prove a Cassel vs Rodgers point, well...come on, man. LMAO

O.city
08-17-2012, 10:46 PM
If it's a taller CB, it's an interception.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2012, 10:48 PM
If we get the 2010 Cassel our running game should go nuts

our defense should be rested enough to be top 8

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 10:49 PM

Joe Haden is 5-11.

He'd need to be 6-4 to pick that. LMAO

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 10:49 PM
To say that pass is underthrown is intellectually dishonest.

It's a badass ****ing throw.

If you really think I need to cherry pick to prove a Cassel vs Rodgers point, well...come on, man. LMAO

No you need to cherry pick to keep convincing yourself you know more than any other poster here... when you don't.

O.city
08-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Joe Haden is 5-11.

If it's Patrick Petterson, it's a pick. Wr had to take it away from Haden anyway.

Also, a stronger CB rips that ball away when he has a hand on it.

beach tribe
08-17-2012, 10:50 PM

Burnt

beach tribe
08-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Joe Haden is 5-11.

It touched his hand , and he barely jumped. You can't really be this stupid.
There's no way.

Deberg_1990
08-17-2012, 10:52 PM
I'll be the first here to admit you know way more about football than me.

No......he really does not.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
08-17-2012, 10:53 PM
It touched his hand , and he barely jumped. You can't really be this stupid.
There's no way.

Don't let him get you all hot and bothered, just fight trolling with trolling.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 10:54 PM
If we get the 2010 Cassel our running game should go nuts

our defense should be rested enough to be top 8 If we get the 2010 running game our Cassel should go nuts. (to 2010 levels anyway)

They go hand in hand.

beach tribe
08-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Don't let him get you all hot and bothered, just fight trolling with trolling.

I was actually shaking my head in disbelief. Not the least bit agitated.
It's more of a "bless his heart" kind of thing.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 10:57 PM
No you need to cherry pick to keep convincing yourself you know more than any other poster here... when you don't.

You are very stupid if you believe cherry picking is required to prove that Aaron Rodgers is vastly superior to Matt Cassel.

Very, very stupid.

I'm guessing I could take the worst 20 games Aaron Rodgers has played and they would still look good compared to Cassel.

O.city
08-17-2012, 10:57 PM
People just let Clay get under their skin to much. I used to, but I've moved on.

You gotta watch the dude, the force is strong with him. He brings alot to the board and can get people amped up or pissed off better than anyone on CP.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2012, 10:59 PM
People just let Clay get under their skin to much. I used to, but I've moved on.

You gotta watch the dude, the force is strong with him. He brings alot to the board and can get people amped up or pissed off better than anyone on CP.

He's been a fine Padawan and is ready for the Trials.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 10:59 PM
You are very stupid if you believe cherry picking is required to prove that Aaron Rodgers is vastly superior to Matt Cassel.

Very, very stupid.

I'm guessing I could take the worst 20 games Aaron Rodgers has played and they would still look good compared to Cassel.

If you can show me where I said Aaron Rodgers isn't better than Mark Castle please do so.

Speaking of stupid. You really aren't even worth the time.

Mr. Laz
08-17-2012, 11:01 PM
If we get the 2010 running game our Cassel should go nuts. (to 2010 levels anyway)

They go hand in hand.

fair enough

We have more talent than 2010 so i'm hoping for more.

Winston should make Matt 'the cowardly lion' Cassel feel more secure
Daboll should be able to run a more competent offensive system than that POS Haley

both of those should lead to Hillis and Charles to going nuts ... 2200 combine yards type nuts.

1300 Charles
900 Hillis
3000 yards and single digit ints for Cassel
Defense top 8

finally get a playoff win

PBJ PBJ

O.city
Cassels going for 4000 plus.

Mr. Laz

he's a troll ... that's what he brings to the board

O.city
08-17-2012, 11:02 PM
He's been a fine Padawan and is ready for the Trials.

This. Nicely played.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 11:04 PM
If you can show me where I said Aaron Rodgers isn't better than Mark Castle please do so.

Then this whole debate is pointless.

Glad you agree with me.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 11:05 PM
I was actually shaking my head in disbelief. Not the least bit agitated.
It's more of a "bless his heart" kind of thing.

Bless my heart?

This from the man who thought Cassel was good for 35 to 40 TD passes in 2011. ROFL

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 11:06 PM

Glad you agree with me.Good lord man. You're making up you own arguments, and then deciding when you've won them. Tilting at windmills.

That's gotta get boring quickly.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Good lord man. You're making up you own arguments, and then deciding when you've won them. Tilting at windmills.

That's gotta get boring quickly.

The debate was Aaron Rodgers vs Matt Cassel.

It was over before it began.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 11:11 PM
The debate was Aaron Rodgers vs Matt Cassel.

It was over before it began.But... nobody anywhere ever has claimed that Cassel was.... ah fuck it. :facepalm:

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 11:15 PM

Glad you agree with me.

LMAO

I'd take football knowledge from Hootie and Joey over you. You're nothing but a boring troll.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Dr. Johnny Fever,

I'm sorry Clay trolled the shit out of your thread. If you're looking to get excited about football again, I think this might be a good time. (for a lot of reasons you already know) Football's fun, and I think you'll dig it if the Chiefs win... and I think they will more often than not.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 11:17 PM
But... nobody anywhere ever has claimed that Cassel was.... ah fuck it. :facepalm:

"Seems to me, Rodgers wouldn't be all that without all the receivers around him."

"Showing a gif where a wr makes a great play on an underthrow, not really helping your case"

These are actual posts attempting to tear down Aaron Rodgers in this thread.

Which were responses to my post:

So you see...a lot of fail from pro-Cassel posters in this thread.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 11:47 PM
No......he really does not.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm actually getting that feeling. For a person to spend so much time on something and be so dumb is staggaring.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Dr. Johnny Fever,

I'm sorry Clay trolled the shit out of your thread. If you're looking to get excited about football again, I think this might be a good time. (for a lot of reasons you already know) Football's fun, and I think you'll dig it if the Chiefs win... and I think they will more often than not.

Clay doesn't matter to me. He's back on ignore where he should have stayed. No one can possibly spend so much time on a single subject yet be so stupid about it. It's hilarious.

I've always been a Chiefs fan and always wanted them to win. I can't help it that I wasn't brought up in a football household and never watched a game until high school... but I've been a fan ever since... and they were terrible then.

So it isn't my favorite sport... so what? Doesn't mean I don't care and don't want them to win and don't watch games and live and die with every play. I love KC and root for KC teams.

Clays opinion and input matters less than my sisters and I'm not sure she could name one NFL team.

Count Alex's Losses
08-17-2012, 11:57 PM
I think the Chiefs are going 8-8 with a guy who's known for sucking as a QB....yet I'm the stupid one. LMAO

KcMizzou
08-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Clay doesn't matter to me. He's back on ignore where he should have stayed. No one can possibly spend so much time on a single subject yet be so stupid about it. It's hilarious.

I've always been a Chiefs fan and always wanted them to win. I can't help it that I wasn't brought up in a football household and never watched a game until high school... but I've been a fan ever since... and they were terrible then.

So it isn't my favorite sport... so what? Doesn't mean I don't care and don't want them to win and don't watch games and live and die with every play. I love KC and root for KC teams.

Clays opinion and input matters less than my sisters and I'm not sure she could name one NFL team.If you want to enjoy it... stay away from CP. Just watch the games. The internet is a nasty, cynical, shitty place. Chiefsplanet is no different. Maybe drop in after a win.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-18-2012, 12:11 AM
If you want to enjoy it... stay away from CP. Just watch the games. The internet is a nasty, cynical, shitty place. Chiefsplanet is no different. Maybe drop in after a win.

Might be the best advice I've ever read here.

bricks
08-18-2012, 12:56 AM
I like the Chiefs but I can't see them as playoff contenders. 8-8 imo.

I think they will have a top 5 running game this year with Charles and Hillis, plus, adding Winston to the right side of the Oline will be huge. I can see him and Asamoah opening up a lot of holes.

Defense will be top 10. Berry is back so that is huge. I like the addition of Abram Elam. Gives them more depth at safety. I thought that was an area that really hurt them last year. McGraw and Pischatelli were just awful. Awful. Elam will be a big improvement. Plus, he gives the Chiefs more flexibility in their coverage packages.

I think Houston will emerge as a passrushing threat. And he and Hali will wreak havoc all season long. They pretty much have everything on defense if you think about it? Good cover corners, good passrushers, good inside linebackers, safeties, defensive ends, you name it. If they can get Poe to develop into a dominant NT, their defense will be at another level. I mean elite level. Top 5 or maybe even the best in the league?

So the Chiefs can run the ball, play defense well but yet no passing game? what can you do? they have 2 key ingredients to winning but are missing a third. thats why 8-8 sounds right.

I think for this season, the key will be winning the turnover ratio. If they can do that, they'll win the division. In 2010, the Chiefs were a +6 in that category and ranked amongst the top 10 in the league. In fact, most teams that make the playoffs usually fare well in the turnover ratio category. Thats the key to success right there. Its kinda overlooked, but its huge. Hey, its part of a winning formula.

I think another key will be to keep the penalties down this year. I'd like to see a well disciplined team on the field. Thats always important as well. Penalties, penaties, penaties. Keep them low. Its a big reason why the Raiders suck every year. They always rank amongst tops in the league in penalties. Chiefs need to be smart, and disciplined.

Overall, this team is capable imo. They need a few things to go their way (ala turnovers, penalties)...And even if stuff goes their way, when push comes to shove and you are in the playoffs playing amongst the men, it doesn't matter you gotta have your passing game clicking. And I just don't feel that they can do that.

First of all, its not gonna happen when Matt Cassel averages less than 200 yards per game. Secondly, he just doesn't have the characteristical traits to be successful in the playoffs. He lacks the poise, awareness, pocket presence, field vision, intelligence, you name it. When you just don't have it, you just don't have it. what can you do?

And lastly, he never beats winning teams. That doesn't sit well.

Chief_For_Life58
08-18-2012, 01:15 AM
And lastly, he never beats winning teams. That doesn't sit well.

but but he tries really hard!!!!

Munson
08-18-2012, 01:25 AM
A "decent" Cassel gets us nowhere.

In his best year, he was only decent because we had the #1 rushing attack, and Jamaal averaged a ridiculous 6.4 yards per carry.

Sure, we won the division, but got embarrassed in a home playoff game. Cassel shit his pants throwing 3 INT's. And if I remember right, he didn't even make one pass attempt to Bowe.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-18-2012, 01:31 AM
People are homers for thinking the Chiefs can win 10-11, but this is the same guy that thinks Fitz leads the less talented Bills to 11 wins. Grain...of....salt

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2012, 01:40 AM
this is the same guy that thinks Fitz leads the less talented Bills to 11 wins.

Who said that? Not me.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Who said that? Not me.

Alright, after research that was a combination of 2 threads. Walter picked them to win 11 games and a Wild Card and you predicted them to win the Wild Card in another thread.

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2012, 01:48 AM
I did no such thing. I said it was a possibility.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-18-2012, 01:49 AM
You pimped them pretty good. Eased em down the throat, wasn't a full knob slobbing though.

OctoberFart
08-18-2012, 02:38 AM
A broke kneck Manning from being legit.

KcMizzou
08-18-2012, 02:42 AM
A broke kneck Manning from being legit.
Call the exterminator... we've got roaches.

pimpchief
08-18-2012, 02:46 AM
I think Cassel is poised to have an insane season. Look at 2010 how he did with a supreme running game. He was an allpro, and his only receiver outside of bowe and mo was Charles. This year he is set up to do magic. This could be like the 2003 offense. However just like then, the defense worries me.

KCrockaholic
08-18-2012, 03:42 AM
I think Cassel is poised to have an insane season. Look at 2010 how he did with a supreme running game. He was an allpro, and his only receiver outside of bowe and mo was Charles. This year he is set up to do magic. This could be like the 2003 offense. However just like then, the defense worries me.

:spock:

All parts in bold worry me.

About you.

crazycoffey
08-18-2012, 05:03 AM
We're a "manageable" cassel away. A "decent" cassel takes us to the AFC championship and maybe further. Baring injuries of course.

jspchief
08-18-2012, 05:11 AM

Cassel wasn't all pro. He made the pro bowl (as an alternate) which is not the same as all pro. He also wasn't very good. He was an anomaly. A statistical paper tiger. And we'll never come close to the passing offense of '03 with him behind center.

As for our D, we have more talent there than on offense.

In other words, crack is bad.