PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So I met our GM today

RunKC
08-17-2012, 07:56 PM
One of my boss's has a daughter that goes to school with Pioli's daughter. Their wives have become good friends. Well I was with my boss today at lunch with another lady I work with (we were the employee's of the quarter and one of the perks to that is going to lunch with our boss at a nice place and getting a free meal.)
Well Pioli shows up with his wife and daughter and eats with us. I was really shocked by this. First thing they talk about is how grandpa (Bill Parcells) is a "softy" when he's around his granddaughter.

Anyway. First thing I ask him about is Peyton Manning. He simply said that Manning didn't return his phone calls after he told his agent that he didn't want to spend that kinda money on a guy ($18 million dollars this year). Can't really say I blame him, but still.

Next thing he talked about was Belicheck. He just said that Bill comes to KC often during the offseason and stays in their spare bedroom. Said he's basically their family.

His wife next said that Pioli is never home. Never. Ever. He's always at Arrowhead. Always. She also said something interesting. Pioli has a suite for his family at home games. Well he's never in it with his family. His wife said he's in the "crows nest" by himself. He's up there with binoculars, a pencil, and a notebook to take several pages of notes.

Here's the part you guys will like. I asked him how he felt about Cassel. He chuckled when I asked and said "I was waiting for that question". He said that he believes that Cassel can take this team very far, even to the SB. I wanted so bad to give him the LMAO face, but I didn't. So I asked him what he would do if Cassel plays badly? He said "well he won't be here if that's the case." I asked him who he'd replace him with (he looked kinda annoyed when I asked this) and he said "we've already looked at QB's. We look at every QB possible every year no matter what the situation.

That kinda sparked me to divert the convo to the draft, so I asked him how many notes he takes on a player, specifically how much he wants to know. He told me that he has endless pages of notes on each player and he knows each player in every aspect you could think of, especially from a character standpoint.

I thought the funniest thing was when his wife made him tell the Tom Brady story. "Tommy" as Pioli calls him, was in the locker room and Pioli came to see Belicheck and the team. A security officer taps him him on the shoulder and says "a lady is trying to get into the locker room to see Tom. She has a cigarette in her hand (not lit) and appeared to be tipsy. Shekeeps saying you know who I am so let me in already." Pioli goes out to see her and essentially kicks her out of the building! Pioli doesn't know who it is. Turns out it was Gisele. His wife looks to him and says "that was Gisele sweaty. Don't you know who that is?" Pioli said "I do now, but it doesn't matter. I don't care who she is, nobody should act that way."

It was like a 5 minute convo, but it was well worth it. Take it for what you will.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Riiiiiiiight. OK Gang....

SNR
08-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Did you ask him his opinion on megathreads?

HoneyBadger
08-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Did you ask about the wrappers on the floor?

Claynus
08-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Typical arrogant Pioli. He is dogshit compared to a world-class supermodel so he gotta boss her around and assert his authority.

Setsuna
08-17-2012, 08:04 PM
LOL that's an impressive not true story bro. Pioli doesn't talk to scrubs. He doesn't answer football questions with some low level loser at LUNCH. This is a no story.

O.city
Where did you eat?

Just wondering where they are handing out free acid, might go grab some tomorrow.

I kid I kid.

RunKC
I didn't think you guys would believe me. I will say this though. Pioli is the fucking master at answering questions with long detailed words that don't actually answer the question at all.

Inmem58
08-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Do does he like Gates or Oklahoma Joe's better?

Canofbier
08-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Cool story bro, if you're not pulling it out of your ass. I'm inclined to believe you, though.

RunKC
08-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Where did you eat?

Just wondering where they are handing out free acid, might go grab some tomorrow.

I kid I kid.

The American. It was expensive as fuck too. We were also in a private room.

Fish
08-17-2012, 08:16 PM
I would have grabbed a mint or something and while I was talking to him, nonchalantly toss the wrapper on the ground between our feet while I knew he was watching. Then ignore it and keep talking....

crazycoffey
08-17-2012, 08:18 PM
I would have grabbed a mint or something and while I was talking to him, nonchalantly toss the wrapper on the ground between our feet while I knew he was watching. Then ignore it and keep talking....

ROFL

Dayze
08-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Did he order the bisque?

Setsuna
08-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Who put this troll in the green?

Dave Lane
08-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Typical arrogant Pioli. He is dogshit compared to a world-class supermodel so he gotta boss her around and assert his authority.

Isn't that your job?

tredadda
08-17-2012, 08:22 PM
If this story is true you should have asked him about Bowe and the long term prospects with him.

Nightfyre
08-17-2012, 08:23 PM
The key to re-signing Bowe is getting Albert locked up this year.

RunKC
08-17-2012, 08:24 PM
The key to re-signing Bowe is getting Albert locked up this year.

His wife did most of the talking by far. Read my OP again.

Marcellus
08-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks for sharing. No reason not to believe you and the story sounds exactly like what you would expect.

Cool.

Shogun
08-17-2012, 08:27 PM
great story. serious

Groves
08-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Did Buck put you up to this? Is there a message about Joey if we read it backwards?

crazycoffey
08-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Who put this troll in the green?

You think he's a troll?

crazycoffey
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks for sharing. No reason not to believe you and the story sounds exactly like what you would expect.

Cool.

This. Exactly un trollish behavior. Or at least, an acceptable new form of it.

Setsuna
08-17-2012, 08:32 PM
You think he's a troll?

I thought his story was true tbh, but I don't want to be looking stupid if it's not true. Covering my bases.

-King-
08-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Doesn't really sound like a made up story. So that's pretty cool to hear.

cabletech94
08-17-2012, 08:34 PM
This. Exactly un trollish behavior. Or at least, an acceptable new form of it.

someone should tell knowmohomo to follow runkc's lead.

seriously.

mr. tegu
08-17-2012, 08:37 PM
I thought his story was true tbh, but I don't want to be looking stupid if it's not true. Covering my bases.

This post makes you look worst than if you would have just left it at simply not believing him.

Setsuna
08-17-2012, 08:41 PM
This post makes you look worst than if you would have just left it at simply not believing him.

meh. I ain't a n00b, so....

Guru
08-17-2012, 08:41 PM
I'll take your word for it dude. Sounds like a hell of a meet and greet.

T-post Tom
08-17-2012, 08:54 PM
What did you and your co-worker order for lunch?

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 09:03 PM
You should've done a shout-out to your homies back at ChiefsPlanet... No seriously.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 09:05 PM
I smell bullshit.

-King-
08-17-2012, 09:08 PM
I smell bullshit.

What part? There were no extraordinary claims. And I think if he were to make up a story, he would do better than that.

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 09:09 PM
I smell bullshit.

Yeah... It's you.

BossChief
08-17-2012, 09:22 PM
meh. I ain't a n00b, so....

:spock:

Marcellus
08-17-2012, 09:27 PM
I smell bullshit.

Curious as to why? World is smaller than most people think.

My sister was taking classes at KC Weslyan and met a girl there and became good friends. It was Will Shields wife.My sister wasn't a football fan so it didn't mean shit to her.

Next thing you know she is their nanny for a couple years. They pay for her to go to Hawaii to the pro-bowl etc...His wife and their kids attend her graduation party.

Anyway I never met Will even though I had several opportunities that didn't work out because of schedule, met his wife and played soccer with his kids.

I have gone to KC Kickoff luncheons (3 in the last 7 years or so) and sat at tables and talked to players like Tamba Hali. You learn some interesting stuff. That is nothing special, know somebody with a hookup and anyone can go to them if they want to spend a few $$.

Then you get on here and read how either you are FOS, or don't understand anything.

This place isn't reality, its fun, but its the far end of the fanatic scale. Everything is life and death here more than it is for the actual people involved. It's pretty comical really.

cdcox
08-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Best part of this story is that Pioli's nickname is "sweaty".

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 09:32 PM

Deadass.

mr. tegu
08-17-2012, 09:33 PM

I just assumed he meant "sweety" even though the correct spelling would be "sweetie."

DTLB58
08-17-2012, 09:33 PM

Well, He use to be a big guy. I'm thinking he doesn't "sweat" as much as he use to. ;)

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 09:34 PM
I just assumed he meant "sweety" even though the correct spelling would be "sweetie."

Nope... I'm sure it is "sweaty".

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Eh, maybe I'm just getting old and cynical. But, what do I know?

O.city
08-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Like some have said, the world is alot smaller than you think.

I see more Chiefs guys around KC than I ever thought I would. Hell, I live next door to one.

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Like some have said, the world is alot smaller than you think.

I see more Chiefs guys around KC than I ever thought I would. Hell, I live next door to one.

May I ask who?

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Honestly, in that situation, if I were Pioli, I'd be like... "Can we enjoy our meal? Maybe talk about something else?" That's a hell of an interview that took place in 5 minutes.

Marcellus
08-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Honestly, in that situation, if I were Pioli, I'd be like... "Can we enjoy our meal? Maybe talk about something else?" That's a hell of an interview that took place in 5 minutes.

I would think the same thing but you have to figure, this is his every day life in KC. Sit down for lunch with a friend (huge part of this) and find yourself across from a fan. You represent the top of the organization. Have to give it some attempt.

Simplicity
08-17-2012, 09:42 PM

Yeah... But you're not Pioli sooo... What are you getting at?

O.city
08-17-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm actually impressed with Pioli that he would talk about this stuff, I don't think he woudl have a year or two ago.

Probably would have told you to go fuck yourself.

notorious
08-17-2012, 09:45 PM
People rarely believe you when you meet a celebrity.

I have met quite a few in my life, mostly at the small airports I fly to.

I believe you.

Marcellus
08-17-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm actually impressed with Pioli that he would talk about this stuff, I don't think he woudl have a year or two ago.

Probably would have told you to go **** yourself.

Read "The War Room" and you would realize it's not a stretch in any given year. The difference is he is recognized in KC more than he was in NE.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 09:48 PM
I would think the same thing but you have to figure, this is his every day life in KC. Sit down for lunch with a friend (huge part of this) and find yourself across from a fan. You represent the top of the organization. Have to give it some attempt.That's a good point, and I'm not calling the OP a liar. I actually hope it's true.

It's the damn intarwebs. I'm just skeptical.

Fish
08-17-2012, 09:52 PM
"Nice to meet you Mr. Egoli. What's that? Pioli? Ohh I thought I read in the newspaper it was Egoli. It was mentioned many times."

mr. tegu
08-17-2012, 09:54 PM

That's why I stick to the outernet. The information there is much more reliable.

The Bad Guy
08-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Appreciate the post. Should have asked him some Haley questions.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2012, 09:55 PM
That's a good point, and I'm not calling the OP a liar. I actually hope it's true.

What kinda pisses me off is that Wutamess, who's been a great contributor for years and is friends with many of the members locally, was treated like shit because of his "Inside Info", which was pretty damn straight up, if you ask me.

Yet all of these suckers are falling in line for some n00b dumbass who just hours ago, was deep in the red and completely full of shit.

Sacha Baron Cohen was right.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 10:01 PM
What kinda pisses me off is that Wutamess, who's been a great contributor for years and is friends with many of the members locally, was treated like shit because of his "Inside Info", which was pretty damn straight up, if you ask me.

Yet all of these suckers are falling in line for some n00b dumbass who just hours ago, was deep in the red and completely full of shit.

Sacha Baron Cohen was right.Yeah, he said Bowe would sign on Wednesday or Thursday, right? Happened on Friday.

kysirsoze
08-17-2012, 10:02 PM
I saw Herm Edwards at a Barney's Beanery in Burbank one time. He was walking to the restroom. I gave him a dirty look but he didn't notice.

kysirsoze
08-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah, he said Bowe would sign on Wednesday or Thursday, right? Happened on Friday.

HE MUST BE STOPPED

mr. tegu
08-17-2012, 10:06 PM
A few days before Felipe Paulino (Royals pitcher) went out for the season, I saw him at Oak Park Mall. I should have warned him not to pitch his next game or something I guess.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2012, 10:07 PM
A few days before Felipe Paulino (Royals pitcher) went out for the season, I saw him at Oak Park Mall. I should have warned him not to pitch his next game or something I guess.

I figured that was your fault

mr. tegu
08-17-2012, 10:13 PM
I figured that was your fault

Eff me :facepalm:

Mr. Laz
08-17-2012, 10:14 PM
don't know whether to believe it or not

I wouldn't of had to balls to grill him like a reporter
I wouldn't think he would answer them anyway, he would duck,dodge and move on.

oh well :shrug:

RunKC
08-17-2012, 10:18 PM
I would think the same thing but you have to figure, this is his every day life in KC. Sit down for lunch with a friend (huge part of this) and find yourself across from a fan. You represent the top of the organization. Have to give it some attempt.

I think something else people need to realize is that Pioli isn't like your average celebrity in KC. He isn't going to concerts like Haley/Flowers, going to nightclubs like Sabby Pissandshitty, or going to events like Charles (DJ'ing).

I really think he does spend almost all of his time at Arrowhead. If there isn't something to talk about with the team during the season, you can bet he's talking to the scouts and looking up players for the next draft (as said in the book about him).

I don't think the guy gets out that often. Probably only to see his daughter at certain times.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Eff me :facepalm:

LMAO

barry_smilez20
08-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Sounds like you're 12

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2012, 10:23 PM

99% of the people in this world are afraid to approach anyone with any type of celebrity. Scared is likely the better adjective.

I don't buy this "report" for a minute. The guy has no credibility and I don't believe that Scott Pioli, or his wife, would freely discuss the Chiefs OR Patriots in a public forum such as a school cafeteria.

I call big time bullshit.

kysirsoze
08-17-2012, 10:30 PM
99% of the people in this world are afraid to approach anyone with any type of celebrity. Scared is likely the better adjective.

I don't buy this "report" for a minute. The guy has no credibility and I don't believe that Scott Pioli, or his wife, would freely discuss the Chiefs OR Patriots in a public forum such as a school cafeteria.

Yeah, everyone is saying it's believable, but the idea that Pioli would have answered questions about Cassel to some random employee of his wife's friend's husband is a little hard to swallow. Guess it doesn't really matter either way since there's no real revelations here.

DaneMcCloud
08-17-2012, 10:35 PM
For the record, Gisele Bunchen quit smoking in 2003 when she was with DiCaprio. She didn't hook up with Brady until late 2006.

This guy is full of horseshit.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 10:37 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-q4923xo2SwA/Tw3GzK3YCrI/AAAAAAAALZc/0jMvYSCrsZg/s1600/i-want-to-believe.jpg

loochy
08-17-2012, 10:38 PM
ask him if hed lick a chicks butt

cabletech94
08-17-2012, 10:38 PM
I think something else people need to realize is that Pioli isn't like your average celebrity in KC. He isn't going to concerts like Haley/Flowers, going to nightclubs like Sabby Pissandshitty, or going to events like Charles (DJ'ing).

I really think he does spend almost all of his time at Arrowhead. If there isn't something to talk about with the team during the season, you can bet he's talking to the scouts and looking up players for the next draft (as said in the book about him).

I don't think the guy gets out that often. Probably only to see his daughter at certain times.

not to disagree with you. i "brushed shoulders" with Pioli and haley @ the bon jovi concert @ sprint center a few years ago. they were walking from the stage/backstage area to i'm assuming a suite/vip section.

it's in a thread around here somewhere. my brush with greatness?

yup, bon jovi concerts. i'm cool.

BossChief
08-17-2012, 10:40 PM

This

Dave Lane
08-17-2012, 10:49 PM

I would never give Roger shit. If he says he heard it I believe him. This guy, not so much.

Claynus
08-17-2012, 10:51 PM

OK. LMAO

Dude loves to gladhand those media suckoff types.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/459408_10151025310002637_1993372267_o.jpg

Dave Lane
08-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah, everyone is saying it's believable, but the idea that Pioli would have answered questions about Cassel to some random employee of his wife's friend's husband is a little hard to swallow. Guess it doesn't really matter either way since there's no real revelations here.

The thing I see is Pioli is ALWAYS at Arrowhead. Yet he takes time out to see a slub at lunch instead of being with his family. That's the part that troubled me.

Claynus
08-17-2012, 10:52 PM
For the record, Gisele Bunchen quit smoking in 2003 when she was with DiCaprio. She didn't hook up with Brady until late 2006.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Dane has brought the axe down.

tk13
08-17-2012, 10:53 PM
I ran into Pioli buying a hotdog at QuikTrip the other night. He told me that he really thought Stanzi was the best QB, but wasn't going to play him because he liked logging on ChiefsPlanet and watching people freak out.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 10:55 PM
And boom goes the dynamite.
As absurd as all this is.. that quote suits you.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 10:56 PM
I ran into Pioli buying a hotdog at QuikTrip the other night. He told me that he really thought Stanzi was the best QB, but wasn't going to play him because he liked logging on ChiefsPlanet and watching people freak out.*perk* STANZI!!!

Frankie
08-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Pioli's wife calls him "sweaty." How romantic.

Iowanian
08-17-2012, 11:03 PM
That's interdasting....

The last thing I talk to known people about is the same shit everyone else talks to them about. I know quite a few tv hunters and a handful of NFL players(or former) and other than making mention of maybe knowing who they are or what they do/did....I don't fanboi and I don't talk to them about their thing.

It seems to work for me, and they relax when they're not getting hammered about the same shit. I guess I shouldn't say all of them, a couple of them, that's the only conversation they could have was to tell about their glory day stories, but I find myself unimpressed by that.

KCrockaholic
08-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I saw Jim Bob Cooter at Best Buy last week.

KcMizzou
08-17-2012, 11:20 PM
I saw Jim Bob Cooter at Best Buy last week.Was Rusty Kuntz with him? I hope so.

KCtotheSB
08-17-2012, 11:54 PM
I met former USA and New York Rangers goaltender Mike Richter at the Colorado Springs airport. Apparently, I was the only one to recognize him, but I approached him and we talked a bit of hockey. Didn't take a picture with him because I didn't want it to be awkward for him or his son.

That's all I have to contribute.

ChiefsNow
08-18-2012, 04:35 AM

He didn't say anything that he hasn't said on the record. No reason not to believe what Sweaty said.

LoneWolf
08-18-2012, 05:36 AM
I think this story is true. I actually met Pioli after the Green Bay game last year and he was very engaging and friendly. We were tailgating after the game just inside of gate 5. There were very few cars left in the parking lot and a black Mercedes pulls right up to our tailgate, stops, and the driver rolls the window down. I immediately recognize that the driver is Scott Pioli. I jump up out of my chair and walk over to his car. He thanked us for our support of the team and shook all of our hands. I made a statement that Romeo had one hell of a job interview today. Pioli smiled and said he has known Romeo for a long time and that he is a great coach. He then started to pull away and as he did he ran over a large pile of ice we had just dumped on the curb. The sound startled him and he stopped and asked us what the sound was. We told him he had just ran over a pile of ice. He smiled and said "oh, I thought maybe it was Aaron Rogers leg". He then continued to drive away. Seemed like a fairly down to earth guy.

Guru
08-18-2012, 06:08 AM
That's a good point, and I'm not calling the OP a liar. I actually hope it's true.

Ask gunther about the intarwebs.

Guru
08-18-2012, 06:11 AM

I probably would have asked him just about every everything other than the QB. You know what he will say about that.

-King-
08-18-2012, 06:31 AM
I think this story is true. I actually met Pioli after the Green Bay game last year and he was very engaging and friendly. We were tailgating after the game just inside of gate 5. There were very few cars left in the parking lot and a black Mercedes pulls right up to our tailgate, stops, and the driver rolls the window down. I immediately recognize that the driver is Scott Pioli. I jump up out of my chair and walk over to his car. He thanked us for our support of the team and shook all of our hands. I made a statement that Romeo had one hell of a job interview today. Pioli smiled and said he has known Romeo for a long time and that he is a great coach. He then started to pull away and as he did he ran over a large pile of ice we had just dumped on the curb. The sound startled him and he stopped and asked us what the sound was. We told him he had just ran over a pile of ice. He smiled and said "oh, I thought maybe it was Aaron Rogers leg". He then continued to drive away. Seemed like a fairly down to earth guy.

Pioli stopped running over ice in 2003. You didn't meet him till 2011.

You're full of horseshit.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsNow
08-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Yeah. What an ice hole.

Guru
08-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Are you sure she didn't say schwetty?

ChiefsNow
08-18-2012, 07:02 AM
I ran over a cops foot the other day and got beat down by the cops. I was able to make 1 phone call and the only number I had handy was Scott Piolis. I called him and asked him if my wife got home with the Lamborgini. He said yes, my wife called him and told him the car was ok and the lawyer was going to spin things so that the cop would look stupid for purposely putting his foot under the tire, then pulling it out and acting like he was hurt.

KC Tattoo
08-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Are you sure she didn't say schwetty?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/MrRufflove/SchwettyBalls.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/The_Boxxx/schwettyballs.jpg

Dave Lane
08-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Pioli's wife calls him "sweaty." How romantic.

Put the 165 IQ to work. it was supposed to be sweety or sweetie but someone can't spell.

Chocolate Hog
08-18-2012, 07:33 AM

How cute Danelle is mad that he's no longer the only socialite on Chiefsplanet.

Dayze
08-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Pioli stopped running over ice in 2003. You didn't meet him till 2011.

You're full of horseshit.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Some good imaginations on the Planet that's for sure.

Agent V
08-18-2012, 09:37 AM

Well, that just makes him sound like a terrible father.

Frankie
08-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Put the 165 IQ to work. it was supposed to be sweety or sweetie but someone can't spell.

165?! My legend grows and grows.

CoMoChief
08-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Sounds like he practices all of that from a script IMO.

DaneMcCloud
08-18-2012, 02:33 PM
How cute Danelle is mad that he's no longer the only socialite on Chiefsplanet.

Considering the fact that you can barely feed yourself, it's not surprising you'd fall head first for this baseless drivel.

La literatura
08-18-2012, 02:39 PM

It's very possible that a former smoker picks up a smoke again every now and then. It probably happens all the time.

bevischief
08-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I would like some of what he is smoking. Must be good stuff.

Bump
08-18-2012, 07:43 PM
I would like some of what he is smoking. Must be good stuff.

me too

RunKC
08-18-2012, 08:43 PM
It's very possible that a former smoker picks up a smoke again every now and then. It probably happens all the time.

Especially when they're drunk. I see it all the time.

pkane
08-18-2012, 09:21 PM

Why would that matter. Doesn't Leo smoke?

Edit: If you google image "Leonardo Dicaprio smoking" there is a picture of him and Gisele both smoking. Not that it matters.

kysirsoze
08-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Especially when they're drunk. I see it all the time.

And it wasn't lit. Of course the smoking habits of Giselle don't make my top ten list of reasons this story sounds like fiction.