PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs OK, let's talk Falcons.

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2012, 04:34 AM
This is a serious thread. Not trolling.

PFF has some very good insight into what we're facing Week 1.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/08/17/first-impressions-bengals-falcons/

Atlanta Falcons – Three Things of Note

1. Attack, Attack

There’s little doubt, from what’s been unveiled in both preseason games to date, the Falcons intend to discard their “conservative” tag with utmost haste. It was never actually said on the day I was in camp, but it felt as if they were almost embarrassed by the conservative offense installed by Mike Mularkey (the run, run, pass and repeat game plans, the lack of deep attempts and paucity of screens) and hankered for the much more aggressive philosophy employed by division rivals, the Saints.

On their first four drives the Falcons ran only four times while passing 21 and consistently looked to stretch the defense down the field. Initially, substandard execution and some clever blitzes held them in check but on the last drive they were equally as potent as they showed early versus the Ravens last week.

On that possession a wide receiver screen to Roddy White got them moving, highlighted by a superb downfield block by Tyson Clabo on Terrence Newman. A crossing route from Michael Palmer for 20 yards followed, with a Ryan fake to the left leaving both linebackers (Thomas Howard and Vontaze Burfict) miles out of position. After slot corner Jeromy Miles diagnosed a quick pass to Harry Douglas well, making a tackle for a loss it was time once more to get Julio Jones in the game. Firstly a slant featuring two missed tackles (Nate Clements and Reggie Nelson) and then a 30 yard go, dropping tantalizingly just out of reach.

Three completions finished things off; 16 to White with Newman looking lost, 23 to Jones on a post despite decent coverage from Clements and a short lob to a falling Lousaka Polite.

Through it all Ryan looked calm, in complete control and most of all very accurate in his execution. This could indeed be the year he moves his play to the next level.

2. A Hybrid Affair

Atlanta began in a traditional 3-4 defense, played the very next play with the same personnel but lined up in a 4-3 and rotated between the two thereafter.

In the 3-4, Peria Jerry played the nose with Ray Edwards and Jonathan Babineaux flanking him. Stephen Nicholas joined John Abraham standing up at the line with Sean Weatherspoon and Mike Peterson filling the inside linebacker roles.

In 4-3, both tackles played over the guards and Abraham put his hand in the ground; Peterson played the Mike (a role likely to be filled by Akeem Dent when he returns from injury).

Jerry generally made life difficult for Kyle Cook picking up a hurry and, towards the end of the first quarter, getting outside his block to tackle Brian Leonard for no gain.

Another player showing his skills was Abraham. Going against a fine tackle in Andrew Whitworth he blew past him to pressure Dalton after three plays earlier getting inside him to stop Cedric Peerman for no gain.

While it’s probable these two players will flourish (and there was also a few flashes from Edwards too) the linebackers may well take longer to acclimatize. Donald Lee left Nicholas for dead on a seam route and both he and Peterson looked slow to fill in the running game.

3. Three into two

The only thing about the corners that’s currently easy to define is what happens in nickel; here Dunta Robinson plays the slot, Brent Grimes plays RCB and Asante Samuel plays LCB. In base it’s in the air with all three players taking turns at the two roles. I’m not sure if this is just an open competition or the way that the Falcons intend to play once the real action starts.

The good news is, barring Samuel getting beaten badly by A.J. Green on the deep go route; all three played well, particularly Robinson. We’ve been notably harsh on Robinson over the last few years but this new role (and a little competition) may bring out the best in him. He was very aggressive closing down Andrew Hawkins and also defended a pass to Armon Binns with ease. Grimes was feisty as ever and until the Green debacle Samuel had been fine too, although one dubious tackle on Donald Lee showed certain things never change.

Quick thoughts:

The Falcons are definitely going for broke on becoming a pass-first offense. They're gonna come into Arrowhead looking to score early and often. Gonna be very, very interesting to see how we defend that.

Didn't even realize ATL has Grimes, Robinson and Samuel. That's a really nice set of corners. Robinson wasn't great last year, but if he's playing nickel now, it's different.

KC Tattoo
08-18-2012, 05:03 AM
I think if they get on a tenge of passing plays it's going end up in Eric Berrys hands ;). DJ may get a pick too if they try feeding Tony G. too much I'm calling that one. So let them air it out, however, am worried about Julio Jones the most tho. That guy can make sick plays happen.

Unsmooth-Moment
08-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Flowers and Routt may have their hardest matchup to begin the year.. Doesn't get harder than the Roddy and Julio

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 07:55 AM
with this secondary:
Grimes, Robinson and Samuel
looks like a long day for Matty C.

JD10367
08-18-2012, 08:01 AM
The Falcons' O is more worrisome than their D. And the best way to keep an offense from scoring is by keeping it off the field. Best tactic is a lot of Chiefs running and have Cassel play it very safe. Long drives, no turnovers, and TDs instead of FGs, keeping that Falcons' O drinking Gatorade on the bench.

KCrockaholic
08-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Gonna be a lot of Hillis and Charles in that game.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 08:18 AM

that'll be a good gameplan as long as they convert third downs.
the last couple years the Chiefs have been terrible at it.
hopefully the Charles/Hillis combo fixed that problem.

Three7s
08-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Let them play nickel all they want. They'll be forced to use an extra LB to defend the run. When they do that, we can go play-action. Their offense is definitely good, but if we can get pressure, the weapons won't matter.

-King-
08-18-2012, 08:29 AM
No one in their secondary is a really good run stopper. If Charles or Hillis get to the second level, it could get ugly for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 08:39 AM
No one in their secondary is a really good run stopper. If Charles or Hillis get to the second level, it could get ugly for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

i agree.
but that secondary would be one of the best in the league vs the pass.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-18-2012, 08:43 AM
So were the Chiefs. They were scary good against the pass the 2nd half of the year last year including in that games against Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Big Ben (before someone mentions Tebow)

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 08:46 AM
So were the Chiefs. They were scary good against the pass the 2nd half of the year last year including in that games against Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Big Ben (before someone mentions Tebow)

yep.
i'd almost feel sorry for those DB's if Hillis gets into the secondary.
(talk about a load coming at ya)

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-18-2012, 08:47 AM
yep.
i'd almost feel sorry for those DB's if Hillis gets into the secondary.
(talk about a load coming at ya)

He'll destroy those softbitches Vondumb

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 08:49 AM
He'll destroy those softbitches Vondumb

i hope they got good insurance. ROFL

Msmith
08-18-2012, 09:13 AM
The Falcons and the Saints have a great rivalry. Every game in the recent years went down to a wire. Are the Chiefs as good as the Saints? No. However, the Falcons, because of the Saints' passing attack, tends to be less emphasizing against the run. This may turn into the an advantage for the Chiefs. Charles will just run the ball down to their throat.

tonyetony
08-18-2012, 09:45 AM
I just finished watching the the first half of the Bengal-Falcons game and the Falcons have definitely adopted a pass pass pass offensive philosophy.

Playing good man corner and jamming Jones and White at the line will be key and should force Ryan to take more time to go through his progressions. It looks like Ryan is being coached to get rid of the ball very quickly to cover up their mediocre OL.

If we keep them under 20 I'll be ecstatic but never underestimate the power of the 12th man.

bricks
08-18-2012, 09:58 AM
The key will be pressuring Ryan the whole game. Hali & Houston have to bring it.

Simplicity
08-18-2012, 10:03 AM
I just finished watching the the first half of the Bengal-Falcons game and the Falcons have definitely adopted a pass pass pass offensive philosophy.

Playing good man corner and jamming Jones and White at the line will be key and should force Ryan to take more time to go through his progressions. It looks like Ryan is being coached to get rid of the ball very quickly to cover up their mediocre OL.

If we keep them under 20 I'll be ecstatic but never underestimate the power of the 12th man.

I'm going to have to agree with tony here. What I've seen in both PS games for the Falcons' was Matt Ryan throwing, and Matt Ryan throwing right away. Tamba and Houston are going to have to get there fast to break up passes.

bricks
08-18-2012, 10:06 AM
How are the Falcons offensive tackles?

Anybody know anything about Sam Baker & Tyson Clabo?

Direckshun
08-18-2012, 10:10 AM
How are the Falcons offensive tackles?

Anybody know anything about Sam Baker & Tyson Clabo?

Clabo is solid on the right side. He's about a nickel less talent than Winston. Atlanta broke the bank, RT-wise, to resign him.

Sam Baker is a lower-half LT in this league, however.

bricks
08-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Clabo is solid on the right side. He's about a nickel less talent than Winston. Atlanta broke the bank, RT-wise, to resign him.

Sam Baker is a lower-half LT in this league, however.

Thanks for your input.

I kinda feel good about the matchups.

Hali vs Baker....me think advantage Chiefs

Houston vs Clabo....don't know? Gonna have to wait & see on that one.

*I bet they double up on Hali though. At least it'll take away a TE option in the passing game.

Direckshun
08-18-2012, 10:16 AM
This game will be the real test for our interior, starting with Toribio.

I doubt the Falcons (or anybody) can run on our ends. But I think you can still run up the gut on us. Toribio did get beat a couple times along the interior against the Cards, so we're going to need a big game from Belcher and DJ, make sure they are in the right assignments.

The Falcons have two big backs they love using. My guess is they will try to establish that. If we can't effectively snuff it out, and our offense can't move the ball, they will force us to overreact to it.

Then Julio and Roddy go to work, and it's game over.

On offense, I'd say try to strike early very quickly. Bowe and Baldwin out wide, and force the D to either overreact to them and work McCluster and Breaston in short-yardage, or go for broke.

If that doesn't pay immediate dividends, I put the weight of our offense on the OL's shoulders and run ball down their fucking throat.

Agent V
08-18-2012, 10:21 AM
If Tony tries dunking the crossbar, someone should stuff him.

Hog Farmer
08-18-2012, 10:26 AM
This game will be the real test for our interior, starting with Toribio.

I doubt the Falcons (or anybody) can run on our ends. But I think you can still run up the gut on us. Toribio did get beat a couple times along the interior against the Cards, so we're going to need a big game from Belcher and DJ, make sure they are in the right assignments.

The Falcons have two big backs they love using. My guess is they will try to establish that. If we can't effectively snuff it out, and our offense can't move the ball, they will force us to overreact to it.

Then Julio and Roddy go to work, and it's game over.

On offense, I'd say try to strike early very quickly. Bowe and Baldwin out wide, and force the D to either overreact to them and work McCluster and Breaston in short-yardage, or go for broke.

If that doesn't pay immediate dividends, I put the weight of our offense on the OL's shoulders and run ball down their ****ing throat.

Pretty much agree with this. We need to get up early and control the clock and force them to be one dimensional. Let the crowd take over and get some false start penalties. I'm just worried Routt will be targeted and the 50 yard penalties he will cost us.

Bewbies
08-18-2012, 10:46 AM
I expect Atlanta's D to improve with Nolan in town. Their o-line, especially the interior, is not good. In fact, it's bad. The biggest complaints from fans down here is that, and the non-existence of any pass rush.

The strangest thing about them is that they love the 3 yards and a cloud of artificial dust. Even though they have such a sick group of WR's, and such broke dick RB's...I personally think Atlanta is the most boring team in football to watch. And lucky me, I get to watch em all the time.

O.city
08-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Cassel is gonna have to make a play or two, but run the ball and rush the passer.

If you get after Ryan, he gets a little shaky.

Direckshun
08-18-2012, 10:49 AM
I expect Atlanta's D to improve with Nolan in town. Their o-line, especially the interior, is not good. In fact, it's bad. The biggest complaints from fans down here is that, and the non-existence of any pass rush.

The strangest thing about them is that they love the 3 yards and a cloud of artificial dust. Even though they have such a sick group of WR's, and such broke dick RB's...I personally think Atlanta is the most boring team in football to watch. And lucky me, I get to watch em all the time.

That's great news.

We already have the advantage in the run game at the tackles with Dorsey/Jackson.

We need to seal that middle, and Toribio may or may not be the man for that.

Good to hear ATL's interior is soft. Because they have the perfect backs for ball control.

Direckshun
08-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Cassel is gonna have to make a play or two, but run the ball and rush the passer.

If you get after Ryan, he gets a little shaky.

Ryan has torched the Ravens and the Lions so far this preseason.

Ryan's poised to take a huge jump forward.

O.city
08-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Ryan has torched the Ravens and the Lions so far this preseason.

Ryan's poised to take a huge jump forward.

Yeah, thats why we are gonna have to constantly stay after his ass.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Falcons 21 Chiefs 17

O.city
08-18-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm not really scared of Turner or their other back at this point, especially Turner. He seems like he's lost the burst.

And I think he torched the Bengals Direckshun.

O.city
08-18-2012, 10:54 AM
It's gonna be a good test to open up the season with, thats for sure.

I think it will be a really good atmosphere as well, KC seems to be back on the Chiefs bandwagon, time being.

beach tribe
08-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks for this. Good info.
Chiefs 24 Falcs 21

the Talking Can
08-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Atlanta has a new OC, and they will be running a lot of 3 WR sets with a more aggressive pass offense...Turner will no longer be the focus - and, imo, he's slowing down, and can't break anything

I expect Ryan and Jones to have break-out seasons statistically.

I'm not impressed with their front 7, and don't think they can stop our running game. Conversely, I'd be surprised if they have much success running against us.

I think we're better on both lines, so which ever QB can hit his WRs for big plays will probably determine things. We really need Flowers on the field.

Direckshun
08-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah if we line up Routt, Brown and Daniels as our three top CBs, we're going to struggle to slow them down.

beach tribe
08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
with this secondary:
Grimes, Robinson and Samuel
looks like a long day for Matty C.

Flowers
Berry
Routt
Lewis
Arenas
Hali
Houston

Looks like along day for Matty Ryan

Tuckdaddy
08-18-2012, 11:21 AM

Hell yes. Matty C is not the concern. Keep Matty Ice on the sideline should be the plan. RUN THE BALL DOWN their throats.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Atlanta has a new OC, and they will be running a lot of 3 WR sets with a more aggressive pass offense...Turner will no longer be the focus - and, imo, he's slowing down, and can't break anything

I expect Ryan and Jones to have break-out seasons statistically.

I'm not impressed with their front 7, and don't think they can stop our running game. Conversely, I'd be surprised if they have much success running against us.

I think we're better on both lines, so which ever QB can hit his WRs for big plays will probably determine things. We really need Flowers on the field.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd like to add that while their OTs arent bad, Hali and Houston should be able to win enough matchups with them to hopefully rattle Ryan and make him force passes.

4 sacks and 175 yards rushing for KC wins the game.

Just Passin' By
08-18-2012, 12:00 PM
This is the kind of game where having good blocking TEs can really help. Charles has the speed to get outside and Asante doesn't like to tackle. If the TEs can make their blocks and get Charles one-on-one with Samuel, Charles should be able to break a couple of those.

petegz28
08-18-2012, 12:04 PM
**** it, go 3 TE's with T-Mo, Boss and Maneri, Bowe out wide with Hilis or Charles in the backfield....

**** witht that!

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Flowers
Berry
Routt
Lewis
Arenas
Hali
Houston

Looks like along day for Matty Ryan
i Thought Flowers was hurt?
and i'm worried about PI calls vs Routt.

petegz28
08-18-2012, 12:09 PM
If we are getting pressure up the middle I would go bltz crazy and turn DJ loose with Tamba and Houston

notorious
08-18-2012, 12:15 PM
i agree.
but that secondary would be one of the best in the league vs the pass.

Doesn't mean that much if you can't get pressure on the QB.

Since Cassel can hardly be considered a QB, they should do pretty well.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Since Cassel can hardly be considered a QB, they should do pretty well.

no argument here.

beach tribe
08-18-2012, 12:24 PM
i Thought Flowers was hurt?
and i'm worried about PI calls vs Routt.

Flowers willl be ready for week one. No? I've missed any updates.
I don't think Routt will be getting as many penalties when he's not wearing black. I'm thinking that's going to be a focus of the coaching staff as well. we'll see.
But I'm aware of how you believe that the Falcons will all bring their A game, and Flowers will Gimp and Routt will get 5 penalties. :D

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 12:33 PM
But I'm aware of how you believe that the Falcons will all bring their A game, and Flowers will Gimp and Routt will get 5 penalties. :D

with Atlanta's wideouts i hope not.
hope the Chiefs can control the clock with our Rushing Tandem and limit the Falcon's offensive plays.

Sorter
08-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah if we line up Routt, Brown and Daniels as our three top CBs, we're going to struggle to slow them down.

Javier baby!!!!

pr_capone
08-18-2012, 01:56 PM

What do Seattle fans have to do with this? :p

Death2CasselFans
08-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Didn't even realize ATL has Grimes, Robinson and Samuel. That's a really nice set of corners. Robinson wasn't great last year, but if he's playing nickel now, it's different.

Using Animated Gifs to show Matt Cassel's reaction to this would be hilarious ROFL

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Using Animated Gifs to show Matt Cassel's reaction to this would be hilarious ROFL

ROFL

RINGLEADER
08-18-2012, 02:15 PM
that'll be a good gameplan as long as they convert third downs.
the last couple years the Chiefs have been terrible at it.
hopefully the Charles/Hillis combo fixed that problem.

Fortunately, it looks like we're going to run a lot out of the spread. Priest used to absolutely demolish offenses doing that, I think we'll see the same thing here.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cassel throws fewer than 20 times. If he does we win.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 02:18 PM
If we are getting pressure up the middle I would go bltz crazy and turn DJ loose with Tamba and Houston

That's literally the LAST thing I would do.

We will need to be running a lot of sub packages.

Poe
Bailey

Hali
DJ
Houston

Flowers
Routt
Arenas

Berry
Lewis
Menzie/Elam

That gives us enough of a pass rush without leaving guys wide open all day (like sending 3 backers would) and would also give us a lot of versatility in coverages, too.

In fact, I almost EXPECT that personell group to get a lot of work not only against Atlanta, but against most teams we face with good qbs.

That package is gonna get under Peytons skin, big time, when we square off against Denver.

Death2CasselFans
08-18-2012, 02:21 PM
no one has mentioned this so far but my fear is falling behind and being forced to throw the ball.

thats how we got blown out last year against Detroit.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Fortunately, it looks like we're going to run a lot out of the spread. Priest used to absolutely demolish offenses doing that, I think we'll see the same thing here.

Wouldn't surprise me if Cassel throws fewer than 20 times. If he does we win.

yeah, Priest was Boss!

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 02:23 PM
no one has mentioned this so far but my fear is falling behind and being forced to throw the ball.

thats a scary thought, i'm afraid if the games put into Cassel's hands we lose.

Sorter
08-18-2012, 02:23 PM
That's literally the LAST thing I would do.

That package is gonna get under Peytons skin, big time, when we square off against Denver.

It does every time. See Jon McGraw picking off Peyton.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 02:26 PM
IMO if Flowers isn't in good shape for the game, we are totally fucked.

Cassel isn't gonna lead us on any comebacks against that secondary.

Just Passin' By
08-18-2012, 02:26 PM

Do the Falcons safeties scare you with their coverage abilities, though?

-King-
08-18-2012, 02:30 PM

I don't fear falling behind. With our run game and their poor run defense, we should be able to dictate the game from the get go.

The only thing that concerns me, like milkman has said, is a close game coming down to the last few possessions.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
08-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Do the Falcons safeties scare you with their coverage abilities, though?

Who cares about their safeties coverage abilities?

I bet we don't even attempt a pass over 20 yards all game.

What worries me is they have a decent set of coverage backers and three good corners.

If we fall behind by 14, Cassel is gonna get exposed against teams like Atlanta.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't fear falling behind. With our run game and their poor run defense, we should be able to dictate the game from the get go.

The only thing that concerns me, like milkman has said, is a close game coming down to the last few possessions.
Posted via Mobile Device

If Flowers isn't in tip top shape, the run game wont be enough.

I hope I'm wrong.

Just Passin' By
08-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Who cares about their safeties coverage abilities?

I bet we don't even attempt a pass over 20 yards all game.

What worries me is they have a decent set of coverage backers and three good corners.

If we fall behind by 14, Cassel is gonna get exposed against teams like Atlanta.

I don't think they can cover Charles and Moeaki with linebackers. Do you?

RINGLEADER
08-18-2012, 02:41 PM
If Flowers isn't in tip top shape, the run game wont be enough.

I hope I'm wrong.

Still burns me that we didn't re-sign Carr. Young, shut-down corner that we could have afforded.

I know he wanted to be a Cowboy, but I agree with the concern above...

Fritz88
08-18-2012, 02:48 PM
You think Routt will cover White or Jones?

You very funny.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
08-18-2012, 02:49 PM
I don't think they can cover Charles and Moeaki with linebackers. Do you?

They have a couple backers that are very fast and diagnose plays extremely well.

Weatherspoon runs a 4.5 and Cassel will need to know where he is at all times...or Spoon will make him wish he did.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 02:50 PM

You very funny.
Posted via Mobile Device

yep, he's no Carr

BossChief
08-18-2012, 02:51 PM

You very funny.
Posted via Mobile Device
Routt is a lot better than most here give him credit for.

When he was a lcb for Oakland, he was one of the best corners in football.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 02:56 PM
yep, he's no Carr

Just about every non biased grading website out there ranks Routt above Carr.

Let's give the kid a chance.

I know some here will get a good laugh at this, but whatever.

I went to a friends house to play madden a few days ago and looked Routts rating up and they were phenomenal.

One of the best corners in the whole game.

Take that for what it's worth (not very much)

Nightfyre
08-18-2012, 02:56 PM
What I would like to see:
Defensively: Man up on the outside with Flowers and Routt and leave Lewis over the top to help them out. Mix up blitzes with two of the three linebackers - Hali/Houston/DJ. If they add a tight end to block Hali, blitz with Berry. Hit Matt Ryan early and often.

Offensively: Open the game with a play-action deep pass to Baldwin down the sideline. Use the run game to both sides of the field to control the clock, keep the defense fresh and use play action to keep the safeties honest.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 02:58 PM

if i remember correctly he gets a lot of PI calls against him.
anyone have those stats?

L.A. Chieffan
08-18-2012, 02:58 PM
We got this. Cassell is going to blow people away with his performance the first week of the season.

Fritz88
08-18-2012, 02:59 PM

Routt is good. I like him but even with Carr, these two WRs are a lethal combo.
What I count on most is Romeo giving Ryan a hard time just like he does with Manning and Brady.
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Just about every non biased grading website out there ranks Routt above Carr.

Let's give the kid a chance.

I know some here will get a good laugh at this, but whatever.

I went to a friends house to play madden a few days ago and looked Routts rating up and they were phenomenal.

One of the best corners in the whole game.

Take that for what it's worth (not very much)

but Carr was our own, i think he should have been kept around.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 03:02 PM
We got this. Cassell is going to blow people away with his performance the first week of the season.

been looking for Cassel to prove me wrong for over three years, i cant wait.

BossChief
08-18-2012, 03:35 PM
if i remember correctly he gets a lot of PI calls against him.
anyone have those stats?

All Raiders get a lot of penalties...it's why they always lead the league in them.

I don't expect Routt to stop getting flagged, but I expect our coaching staff and the color of his jersey to drastically impact how much he is flagged.

I hope I'm right.

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 03:49 PM
All Raiders get a lot of penalties...it's why they always lead the league in them.

I don't expect Routt to stop getting flagged, but I expect our coaching staff and the color of his jersey to drastically impact how much he is flagged.

I hope I'm right.

so do i.

mr. tegu
08-18-2012, 04:13 PM
The key will be pressuring Ryan the whole game. Hali & Houston have to bring it.

This. Lucky for us their o-line seems to be in shambles right now. Let them pass it all they want. They more third and longs they are in the more hits Ryan will take.

Chiefshrink
08-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Not to worry because our pass rush will be unstoppable and Matt 'overrated' Ryan will get initiated to Arrowhead very graciously:D

Bowser
08-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Flowers NEEDS to be 100% for this game.

Mr. Laz
08-18-2012, 04:22 PM
can we finally cover a tightend?

Urc Burry
08-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Julio scares me. He will be a top 5 WR soon

BoneKrusher
08-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Julio scares me. He will be a top 5 WR soon

i agree, Roddy's a lot like Bowe with better hands.

bricks
08-18-2012, 04:43 PM
can we finally cover a tightend?

Eric Berry bud. Eric Berry.

Use 6 DBs and have him at linebacker level and line him up over the TE.

*I would also like to think the TE option will be taken away because I don't see the Falcons lining up Baker against Hali straight. That will be a mismatch.
It wouldn't surprise me if they double team against Hali by using a TE. Jmo

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-18-2012, 04:58 PM
:hmmm: I don't remember them being bad last year outside of the first couple of weeks. Wierd.

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2012, 05:40 PM

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/casselsuxravens7.gif

Count Alex's Losses
08-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Flowers NEEDS to be 100% for this game.

This is my biggest concern for this game.

If Flowers doesn't play or is hindered in some way, we lose IMO.

OctoberFart
08-19-2012, 07:52 AM
The vagina farts are going to get smoked week 1. Too much firepower.

jspchief
08-19-2012, 07:55 AM
The vagina farts are going to get smoked week 1. Too much firepower.

"vagina farts"?

What are you? A 12 year old?

OctoberFart
08-19-2012, 07:59 AM
"vagina farts"?

What are you? A 12 year old?

Well I'm guessing most 12 yr olds don't know what a Queef is unless their parents suck.

milkman
08-19-2012, 08:24 AM
i agree, Roddy's a lot like Bowe with better hands.

I may be wrong, but I think that White's drop percentage was higher than Bowe's.

I also think the receivers that have QBs that can get them the ball in time are guys that should have "better hands".

I firmly believe that a big reason for Bowe's drops is how often he has to wait for the pass.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-19-2012, 08:25 AM
White is Bowe with a better QB, so Milk is spot on.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2012, 02:33 PM
I can't wait until week one being it's the only fucking game that matters these next couple weeks. Then the bitching will be justified...well at least some of it.

MagicHef
08-19-2012, 05:11 PM

I hope I'm right.

Wouldn't the other Raider CBs have gotten a lot of penalties if this were the case?

Routt had 17 (!) penalties last year, the next highest Raider CB had 4.

Flowers and Carr each had 5.

MahiMike
08-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Falcons suck. Easy win.

O.city
08-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Svitek, the Falcons backup LT is out for the year. Apparently, he played alot last year as Baker is terrible.

ProFootballFocus.com ‏@PFF
Injury may have slowed Baker last year but he has allowed 3 or more pressures in nearly half of his 42 career starts.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
3h ProFootballFocus.com ‏@PFF
The loss of Svitek hurts the Falcons badly in pass protection. In 11 starts in 2011 Svitek allowed 31 total pressure, Baker allowed 28 in 6.

Count Alex's Losses
08-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Don't think it matters who Atlanta's LT is at this point.

O.city
08-20-2012, 07:22 PM
If he's Damien Mac bad, it would matter.

Three7s
08-20-2012, 07:23 PM
The one possible advantage the Chiefs had over the Falcons was Hali and Houston. Now that's out the window. Chiefs are gonna get raped in this one.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
If he's Damien Mac bad, it would matter.

....or Jordan Black.

Detoxing
08-21-2012, 11:00 AM
With Hali, Flowers and Lewis I like this matchup.

Without them.....this could be brutal.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-25-2012, 02:47 PM
15 days. Better get our crap together by then.

scho63
08-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Flowers and Routt may have their hardest matchup to begin the year.. Doesn't get harder than the Roddy and Julio

I'm not so sure Flowers will make it by on the field by the Atlanta game

It's possible we won't have Hali, Flowers, or Lewis. Not a good start for our D.

Dorsey seems OK

bricks
08-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Chiefs are cursed.

Death2CasselFans
08-25-2012, 05:14 PM
All signs lead to us getting blown out. We don't have the passing game to keep up with Atlanta.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Welcher

CoMoChief
08-25-2012, 05:51 PM
If the Chiefs plan on staying in this game and not repeating what happened last opening day, they need to blitz to get to the QB.

In order to blitz, they need Flowers to be healthy and the secondary needs to play well.

God help us if Flowers can't play week1. Matt Ryan may have 350+ yds passing, meanwhile our QB in no way shape or form would be able to keep up w/ that.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Bump. 13 days!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Bump you mother fuckers. It's for real now!!!!

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Hurr chiefs gunna run on every play jus saw preseason game durr

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Hurr chiefs gunna run on every play jus saw preseason game durr

LMAO

Can't wait man. Finally here!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Real football anyone?...:)

BossChief
08-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Matt Ryan might come out and throw for 600 yards in the opener.

lcarus
08-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Clearly we are gonna stomp Atlanta without Flowers, Hali, DJ, and Lewis. Then get blown out by Buffalo with them all back

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Clearly we are gonna stomp Atlanta without Flowers, Hali, DJ, and Lewis. Then get blown out by Buffalo with them all back

Lol very well could happen. The first game is 50/50 to the fullest. Teams that shouldn't win, win and the other way around. I remember the Bills kicking the crap out of the Pats the first week then going like 4-12. That first game the bad teams can sneak away with a W. So we have a chance. ;)

Chiefs Pantalones
09-01-2012, 12:30 AM
cbs.sportsline.com picks...Atlanta Atlanta Atlanta Atlanta Atlanta Atlanta Atlanta Atlanta

Molitoth
09-01-2012, 12:36 AM
CP homers picks........ chiefs chiefs chiefs chiefs chiefs

Chiefs Pantalones
09-01-2012, 12:37 AM
CP homers picks........ chiefs chiefs chiefs chiefs chiefs

Duh lol

Chiefs Pantalones
09-01-2012, 02:42 AM
I witnessed this ass beating in person.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WG5srq4gmq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Munson
09-01-2012, 03:05 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WG5srq4gmq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was a beautiful game. The offense was in all out beast mode. And on defense, things were going so well that Warfield AND Bartee made plays! :eek:

KChiefer
09-01-2012, 03:16 AM
They're from Georgia(Atlanta)...they will be great for a decade...when the sun shines...

KcMizzou
09-01-2012, 03:16 AM
We're doomed.

BoneKrusher
09-01-2012, 07:50 AM

i miss the DV days.

Ace Gunner
09-01-2012, 08:00 AM
next sunday will look better if you poke your eyes out.

BoneKrusher
09-01-2012, 08:07 AM
next sunday will look better if you poke your eyes out.

i'm being blindfolded till the game ends.

i'm predicting
Falcons -120
Chiefs - 3

Ace Gunner
09-01-2012, 08:30 AM
i'm being blindfolded till the game ends.

i'm predicting
Falcons -120
Chiefs - 3

nice third eye:D

BoneKrusher
09-01-2012, 08:34 AM
nice third eye:D

lol
i was just kidding
Atlanta - 85
Chiefs - 3

Big Smoke
09-01-2012, 08:35 AM

What an O-Line we had back in those days. Greg Wesley and William Bartee making plays... Man o man.

BoneKrusher
09-01-2012, 08:37 AM
What an O-Line we had back in those days. Greg Wesley and William Bartee making plays... Man o man.

we had Paul (i mean Eric) Warfield back then as well.

Big Smoke
09-01-2012, 08:39 AM
we had Paul (i mean Eric) Warfield back then as well.

LMAO What a horrible group of defensive players.

BoneKrusher
09-01-2012, 08:43 AM
LMAO What a horrible group of defensive players.

i know.
Bartee, Warfield, and Wesley..what a secondary.
Manning, Brady, Brees and those type QB's must have licked their chops seeing the Chiefs on their schedule..

O.city
09-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Ok lets fire this back up.

We need to first off be healthy on D. Run the ball and work the middle of hte field.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Tamba being out really, really stings. Flowers and DJ playing is a must. Offense may need to take the diapers off for this one. Need Charles to bust one.

O.city
09-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Cassel is gonna have to make plays against a good secondary, corners atleast, which is not usually good.

Poe and Powe need to have really great games rushing the passer and stopping the run.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I'd like to see Sheffield get the bulk of the playing time in place of Hali. I thought he showed some flashes against Zona.

Chiefnj2
09-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Houston needs to put on the big boy pants. He needs to prove that his game against Chicago wasn't a fluke and that he can sack someone other than Hanie.

This game will be decided by the Chiefs DL. A good pass rush can help negate a banged up secondary. Houston and one of the Po's need to penetrate.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-06-2012, 10:14 PM
We'll also see a couple timely blitzes from Arenas and Berry to mix it up a bit. Need to hit home on 1 or 2 of them.

DeezNutz
09-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Houston needs to put on the big boy pants. He needs to prove that his game against Chicago wasn't a fluke and that he can sack someone other than Hanie.

This game will be decided by the Chiefs DL. A good pass rush can help negate a banged up secondary. Houston and one of the Po's need to penetrate.

Since they're all first-round picks, we should be in really good shape. Furthermore, Pioli's strength is in evaluating and acquiring talent for this group.

Feeling confident...

RunKC
09-07-2012, 12:27 AM
I think Jamaal is going to go off in this game.

I also think Poe is gonna do something in the subset defense. Atlanta's line is that bad.

A lot of people forget that Matt Ryan is Matt Cassel on the road. I think we can win, but we could also get blown out if shit goes bad early.

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 01:09 AM
A lot of people forget that Matt Ryan is Matt Cassel on the road.

Matt Ryan averages 300 yards passing in road games.

jspchief
09-07-2012, 01:16 AM
We usually get good pressure from our sub packages. Hopefully we can force them to give up on the run early so we are letting the dline rush too.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-07-2012, 04:24 AM
I think we have to get off to a good start. We can't start off like we did last year. We have to feel good about how things are going to build that confidence.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-07-2012, 06:46 AM
I sent the local Atlanta Sports show I listen to my top 10 reasons the Chiefs will beat the Falcons this morning. LMAO Mybe they will use it? Here they are.

Top 10 Reasons the Chiefs will beat the Falcons

10. Kansas City is much deeper than Atlanta. There is a former NFL starter backing up almost every position of injury or suspension on the roster. Guys like Siler (MLB), Elam (S), Daniels (CB), and Studebaker (OLB) have started and been around for a while. Remember, this team was a blocked field goal in overtime against Oakland from winning the AFC West. This despite losing Cassel, Moeaki, Charles, and Berry for the year.

9. KC is the youngest team in the NFL. They have no player over 30 years old. These guys are young, fast, and physical. When guys like Abraham, McClure and Clabo get tired, the Chiefs will not.

8. Kansas City's Offensive Line will dominate the Falcons defensive line. With the addition of Eric Winston, I think KC will have the best offensive line in the NFL. The line is upgraded from the 2010 offensive line that led the league in rushing. Also, four years ago, Albert kept Abraham in check at the Georgia Dome. It was MacIntosh, the right tackle that was taken to school. The last time Atlanta went to Kansas City, they were dominated by the Chiefs offensive line. The (5-1) Falcons came to Arrowhead to face the (1-4) Chiefs and were routed 56-10. KC rushed for 271 yards and 8 TDs. Let's see if history repeats itself.

7. The Chiefs will target the Falcons Safeties. The Falcons safeties are going to have problems matching up against KC's tight ends and slot receivers. Moeaki and Boss are both very good players. Breaston and McCluster are both very quick players with speed. Look for Decoud and Moore to be in trouble.

6. Sam Baker will struggle in Arrowhead. The crowd noise will be off the charts and Baker will not be able to hear a thing. He will be target #1 for KC's pass rush. If Tamba Hali were playing, it would be much worse. However, I think it will still be a rough day in the office for Baker. Note that Romeo Crennel played Tamba at ROLB throughout the preseason and never once eluded to who his replacement would be. Studebaker is a competent pass rusher and Sheffield has finally recovered from injury and has had a good raining camp. Justin Houston is ready to go and finished last year strong. He could start on the right side instead of the left.The Chiefs also run crazy 3-3-5 and 2-3-6 defenses that cause confusion as well. Make no mistake, there are plans to come after Sam Baker.

5. The Chiefs have their superstars back. Getting Jamaal Charles and Eric Berry is huge for KC. Charles is the best player on KC's offense. He is really the spark that makes the whole thing go. Berry is the best player on our defense and is the leader back there. His game is great all around and he makes the run defense 50% better. He closes in on running backs like a torpedo from the strong safety position. He also lines up on slot receivers at times and allows KC to remain in the 3-4 defense on third down. They are both really special talents and we missed them dearly last season.

4. The Falcons defense is soft. That's right, I said it. These guys are in trouble if they think they are going to line up in the nickel all day in Kansas City. The defense has quite a bit of speed but is missing a true thumper and there isn't an ounce of nastiness to be found. Missed tackles will get you killed against that Chiefs offense.

3. Romeo Crennel is one of the smartest men in football. Todd Haley ran this team into the ground over the last few years. His only success came when Charlie Weis was the offensive coordinator. He wouldn't taylor the playbook to the players skill set and tried to force his methods on the players. Romeo is the opposite and quickly corrected Haley's shortcomings after he was fired. This team finished the year (2-1) beating the Broncos and Packers. Again, the barely lost to Oakland and almost won the West. Last year, Romeo laid out the template on how to beat Tebow's offense and Aaron Rodgers. In years past, he gave Peyton Manning fits by constantly beating him in the mind war. The Colts only made it over the hump in the playoffs after Romeo Crennel left New England. Crennel will find ways to confuse Matt Ryan. The heat will be coming from everywhere as I think Romeo knows the only way to defend Atlant's passing game is by sending the house.

2. The Chiefs running game will be off the charts. The Chiefs are built to run the ball. It's no secret. With the signings of Winston, Hillis, and Boss the Chiefs plan to live and die by the running game. Either the Falcons will be chasing Charles, or bouncing off of Hillis. The Chiefs are carrying four tight ends and five runningbacks on the active roster. KC's strategy will be to control the clock and keep Atlanta's super offense off the field. Atlanta will not be able to stop them.

1. The game is at Arrowhead Stadium. If this game were in the Georgia Dome, the Falcons would be a lock to win. Unfortunately for Falcons fans, it is not. Arrowhead is the toughest place to play in the NFL. When the Chiefs score, the entire stadium chants "we're gonna beat the hell outta you" to the Dr. Who song. Arrowhead can be windy and has a grassy playing field. The fans are louder than any other fans in the country. The only venue that compares is maybe LSU's stadium in Baton Rouge at night. Ryan will have never experienced anything like this. This will make the Falcon's recent season openers against Pittsburgh and Chicago seem like a cake walk. Ryan and Smith are (0-2) on opening day in those tough road enviornments. The stadium will be rocking as it is opening day and most fans feel this is the best Chief's team from top to bottom since 1997. Last, the Falcons have never won a game in Arrowhead in the history of the organization.

Chiefs win a close one 23-20.

LOCOChief
09-07-2012, 07:21 AM

First Red Friday. How bout you just shut the fuck up for a couple of days? If you have nothing positive to say leading up to the first game maybe you should go to the mane or anywhere but here. There's plenty of time for you to bitch and moan but please save it until after the first game.

BigRock
09-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Kansas City is much deeper than Atlanta
Yeah!
Kansas City's Offensive Line will dominate the Falcons defensive line.
YEAH!
Sam Baker will struggle in Arrowhead.
YEAH!
The Falcons defense is soft.
YEAH!
Romeo Crennel is one of the smartest men in football.
YEAH!!!
The Chiefs running game will be off the charts.
YEAH!!!!
Arrowhead is the toughest place to play in the NFL.
YEAH!!!!!
http://i46.tinypic.com/346w3lw.gif
Chiefs win a close one 23-20.
YEAAAAAH WE'RE GONNA KILL AND DRINK THEIR BLO...

Wait, what? 3 points?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Atlanta is 22-3 when Turner runs for over 100 yards. Slowing down "leadfoot" and making them one dimensional (which has been thier problems in road games) is the key defensively. They can throw for yards all they want, but if he Orton's it up in the redzone and they slow down Turner they have a very good shot.

Micjones
09-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Atlanta is 22-3 when Turner runs for over 100 yards. Slowing down "leadfoot" and making them one dimensional (which has been thier problems in road games) is the key defensively. They can throw for yards all they want, but if he Orton's it up in the redzone and they slow down Turner they have a very good shot.

We should be able to keep Turner in check. Even without Toribio.

saphojunkie
09-07-2012, 09:57 AM
I think this game comes down to Poe.

Because Matt Ryan isn't a very mobile QB, his best way of avoiding pressure is stepping up in the pocket. If Poe/Powe can stop Turner and get pressure up the middle, then this offense is absolutely beatable. If not, get ready for a loooooong day.

Fucking bullshit. If we had Tamba, I'd be so confident right now. Amazing what a difference that one player makes.

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 10:03 AM
First Red Friday. How bout you just shut the fuck up for a couple of days? If you have nothing positive to say leading up to the first game maybe you should go to the mane or anywhere but here. There's plenty of time for you to bitch and moan but please save it until after the first game.

Shutting up, sir.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6KYKSemmadk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RippedmyFlesh
09-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Matt Ryan averages 300 yards passing in road games.

Hate to wreck your Ryan lovefest but

On the road
241 yards/game
58.1% pct completions
81.0 QB rating
He is Castle like on the road.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RyanMa00/splits//

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 10:16 AM
I was talking about last season.

He literally averaged 300 yards a game on the road.

And even 241 yards a game on the road is way, way above anything Cassel is capable of.

Cassel isn't a 241 YPG QB at HOME.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Yeah, Clay is spot on about that. The key though is stopping thier run game. They can go full Orton all they want between the 20's, just make them one dimensional.

Lightrise
09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
I expect the Chiefs to play behind in most of this game. I'm hoping, after a pretty long wait, for something to happen on special teams. Good field position is going to matter in this one, especially in a play from behind game. If we win it, we won't put it away early, it'll be frustrating. So I'm hoping we can hang in there until mid-3rd quarter and then through decent field position, we get a couple big plays from Baldwin and the running game and eek it out at the end.

ChiefRocka
09-07-2012, 10:21 AM
I expect Crennel to severely limit their passing attack and our running game to eat clock. FG wins it.

saphojunkie
09-07-2012, 10:22 AM
I was talking about last season.

He literally averaged 300 yards a game on the road.

And even 241 yards a game on the road is way, way above anything Cassel is capable of.

Cassel isn't a 241 YPG QB at HOME.

Neither is Ryan. 223 last year.

BTW I knew you meant last year re: 300 ypg.

EDIT: That's exactly what Matt Cassel averaged at home in complete games last year. 223

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 10:28 AM
GREAT. MATT CASSEL IS AWESOME.

AWESOME.

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 10:29 AM
EDIT: That's exactly what Matt Cassel averaged at home in complete games last year. 223

Wait a second. This is a freaking BS lie.

Cassel had 197 YPG in home games last season.

You're taking out the Donkey game because Cassel left with 5 minutes left.

Bullshit, son.

saphojunkie
09-07-2012, 10:30 AM
GREAT. MATT CASSEL IS AWESOME.

AWESOME.

I think the point is that Matt Ryan isn't a world-beater either. This whole comparison started when someone said he was "Matt Cassel on the road." Which isn't true, statistically, but I found them much closer statistically than I thought I would.

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Matt Ryan set a franchise record for passing yards last season.

The Falcons were 8th in passing.

Cassel isn't close to Ryan.

saphojunkie
09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Wait a second. This is a freaking BS lie.

Cassel had 197 YPG in home games last season.

You're taking out the Donkey game because Cassel left with 5 minutes left.

Bullshit, son.

I said in COMPLETE games. That was not a complete game. I'm sure it would have lowered his average, even if he finished the game. Still, he was playing injured, which is why they kept him out.

saphojunkie
09-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Matt Ryan set a franchise record for passing yards last season.

The Falcons were 8th in passing.

Cassel isn't close to Ryan.

Okay.

-King-
09-07-2012, 10:41 AM
"@DannyParkins: Dontari Poe tells us not only is he starting at NT but he'll be staying in the game in the sub package. So he's a 3 down player after all."
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie
09-07-2012, 11:00 AM
"@DannyParkins: Dontari Poe tells us not only is he starting at NT but he'll be staying in the game in the sub package. So he's a 3 down player after all."
Posted via Mobile Device

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/motorhead069/AndHereWeGo.gif

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Duh?

O.city
09-07-2012, 03:19 PM
We have to slow down their run game, like been said already, and make them one dimensional and hope we can slow down their pass game.

Run the ball, work the middle of the field, let Bowe and Baldwin use their height in the redzone.

Gonna be a tough game, someone is gonna have to have a stud performance.

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Cordell ‏@TheFilmRoom

@DannyParkins the less McCluster the better. Falcons want to get 3 CB's on the field. I make them keep Akeem Dent on field over Samuel.

:hail:

O.city
09-07-2012, 03:36 PM
May have to play ( I know people around here hate it) old man football and get in behind our pads and run the ball alot. Heavy dose of Hillis and Charles, with some Droughn.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-07-2012, 04:15 PM
They can bust out the Wing T as long as they win.

Bwana
09-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I still say we have a great shot at Arrowhead.

Good Falcon

http://serbiananimalsvoice.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/gr4.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
09-07-2012, 06:19 PM
We flew in yesterday. The town is buzzing it seems. Hopefully good things are ahead. If not, it's not the end of the world. It's just one game. Can't wait.

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Welp.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/554732_453017464721170_558694602_n.jpg

Unsmooth-Moment
09-07-2012, 07:10 PM
We flew in yesterday. The town is buzzing it seems. Hopefully good things are ahead. If not, it's not the end of the world. It's just one game. Can't wait.

Certainly not the end of the world, but our front schedule looks pretty intense.. need to get the home games.

BossChief
09-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Id feel a lot better about the game if Houston was gonna be playing rolb, but I do think we have a better chance of winning the opener than some think.

It's all gonna depend on what team comes out flat and who plays energized.

We NEED an early score or 3 and out (on defense) to get the crowd rockin...that's for sure.

JoeyChuckles
09-07-2012, 08:16 PM
How come there aren't any Falcons fans flying around here like last years Bills fans?

Dirty Bird
09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
How come there aren't any Falcons fans flying around here like last years Bills fans?
Nah, were here but I can't post any links or vids so i'm a little handicapped.

aturnis
09-07-2012, 10:44 PM

Aren't all Falcon fans?!

I keed.

Tombstone RJ
09-07-2012, 10:56 PM

anyone notice that bills fans are particularly obnoxious? Whenever I'm in a bar watching games and theres fans from all different teams, invariably, the bills fan is the drunkest, most obnoxious pos in the room.

Smed1065
09-07-2012, 10:58 PM

Little?

Like no links caused that.

petegz28
09-07-2012, 11:30 PM
We should just forfeit the game. I mean fuck it, everyone has us so pegged for being a suck team why not just sit out this season? I listened to the guys in 610 today do nothing but whine and cry about the injuries and they made Atalanta out to be some monstrosity that we could never hope to beat. I mean people went from "wthout Flowers..." to "Flowers hasn't practiced" to Belcher, DJ, no Hali, I mean the excuses were just flying every which way on why we couldn't win this game.

One of them finally came to the realization that we have 2 bad ass RB's and some good WR's but would still lose though he gave us a chance. The other guy was just basically making out Atlanata to be some perennial SB team that was just not going to be stopped.

Count Alex's Losses
09-07-2012, 11:41 PM
You'll have lots of excuses after the game, Pete, so it's cool even if we lose.

"I liked what I saw, we will beat the Bills."

- Pete, next week.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-08-2012, 12:11 AM
anyone notice that bills fans are particularly obnoxious? Whenever I'm in a bar watching games and theres fans from all different teams, invariably, the bills fan is the drunkest, most obnoxious pos in the room.

You'd be a little fucking weird too if you lost FOUR STRAIGHT SUPER BOWLS. I mean not even therapy would help me get through that.

KcMizzou
09-08-2012, 12:12 AM
I learned last night, that I will be at the game. The only game I went to last season, was the Packers game.

http://www.ratemyfunnypictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Yo-I-Got-This-e1292545433623.png

jspchief
09-08-2012, 12:34 AM
I just realized I'm scared of anteaters.

Unsmooth-Moment
09-08-2012, 12:35 AM
I learned last night, that I will be at the game. The only game I went to last season, was the Packers game.

Same here. Got season tix this year though. Be nice to start the season with a W.

KcMizzou
09-08-2012, 12:56 AM
I just realized I'm scared of anteaters.LMAO

Dayze
09-08-2012, 04:33 AM

http://www.ratemyfunnypictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Yo-I-Got-This-e1292545433623.png

Is that Sarah Jessica Parker?

mcaj22
09-08-2012, 04:45 AM
You'll have lots of excuses after the game, Pete, so it's cool even if we lose.

"I liked what I saw, we will beat the Bills."

- Pete, next week.

the Bills are going to slaughter us and I just pray the team makes it out alive with no injuries from some cheap shots by some scrub like Stevie Johnson. Because what else does a shit team like the Bills have to lose but hurt our good players

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 07:58 AM
the Bills are going to slaughter us and I just pray the team makes it out alive with no injuries from some cheap shots by some scrub like Stevie Johnson. Because what else does a shit team like the Bills have to lose but hurt our good players

Why would you say that? It's the NFL you can get trounced by a team and bounce back the next meeting. It isn't college ball. If the team is scared of the fucking Bills, just end the got damned season already or as a fan don't bother to watch.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-08-2012, 10:05 AM

That game is the lock of the year. That's a payback game. There are more reasons we will beat the Bills than the falcons.

Spongeblack Bobtard
09-08-2012, 10:15 AM
I expect Crennel to severely limit their passing attack and our running game to eat clock. FG wins it.

I think we gotta get pressure on Ryan. They have four competent targets for Ryan. If we can't get pressure on him he will pick us apart. I agree about running th ball.

I also agree with those talking about stopping Turner. We need to do that. I guess I kind of take it for granted. I have a ton of confidence in our run defense with Berry back. He's makes us at least 25% better against the run.

-King-
09-08-2012, 10:28 AM
26 more hours.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I can't believe there are so many pussies who have already given up on the season before we've even stepped on the field.
At least let us get our asses kicked first....pussies,

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 10:43 AM
I think we gotta get pressure on Ryan. They have four competent targets for Ryan. If we can't get pressure on him he will pick us apart. I agree about running th ball.

I also agree with those talking about stopping Turner. We need to do that. I guess I kind of take it for granted. I have a ton of confidence in our run defense with Berry back. He's makes us at least 25% better against the run.

Starting Poe all three downs scares me. I have high hopes for the guy, but think it will take time.
can't wait for him to be labeled a bust after one game too.

Nightfyre
09-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I can't believe there are so many pussies who have already given up on the season before we've even stepped on the field.

Yea. It some serious battered child syndrome around here.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 12:42 PM

No shit, I would have hated to play ball with these guys growing up. OMG we sucks and stuff we are DOOMED!!!

Count Alex's Losses
09-08-2012, 12:45 PM
the Bills are going to slaughter us

It's their home opener.

It's probably a tougher game than people realize.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Why don't we ever break apart opposing teams and point out there weaknesses like we do the Chiefs? It's always OMGz they have insert 1 or 2 players ignore the rest of thier team, we are DOOOOOMED....Instead of OMGz thier 4th corner and backup ILBs blow guys!!!

Count Alex's Losses
09-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Why don't we ever break apart opposing teams and point out there weaknesses like we do the Chiefs? It's always OMGz they have insert 1 or 2 players ignore the rest of thier team, we are DOOOOOMED....Instead of OMGz thier 4th corner and backup ILBs blow guys!!!

The Bills aren't that good. 8-8, 9-7 team.

Still good enough to beat us, especially at home.

boogblaster
09-08-2012, 12:52 PM
in short .. can we run the ball and control the clock .. will our D be able to hold them under 20 points .. if not we gona have a long sad day .....

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-08-2012, 12:53 PM
The Bills aren't that good. 8-8, 9-7 team.

Still good enough to beat us, especially at home.

Tough game no doubt every game is, but to act like that game and the Atlanta one is a layup for them is foolish.

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 12:53 PM
It's their home opener.

It's probably a tougher game than people realize.
It certainly won't be a cake walk, and they very well may kick our ass, but people who act like we should just make down an L, are just losers IMO, and probably were picked last a lot back when they could actually still run 30 feet without throwing up.

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Tough game no doubt every game is, but to act like that game and the Atlanta one is a layup for them is foolish.

Beat me by 10 seconds.

Count Alex's Losses
09-08-2012, 12:58 PM
It certainly won't be a cake walk, and they very well may kick our ass, but people who act like we should just make down an L, are just losers IMO, and probably were picked last a lot back when they could actually still run 30 feet without throwing up.

It's a road game against a decent team.

I'm not sure we have ever beaten a decent team on the road with Cassel.

The Seahawks maybe...7-9...decent?

I'd give Buffalo a 60 percent chance of winning.

beach tribe
09-08-2012, 01:01 PM
It's a road game against a decent team.

I'm not sure we have ever beaten a decent team on the road with Cassel.

The Seahawks maybe...7-9...decent?

I'd give Buffalo a 60 percent chance of winning.

That's not an unreasonable opinion. Kind of refreshing coming from you.