PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Jeremy Horne is the new Terrance Copper

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 12:48 AM
but only better, younger, and better looking. How I see the WR spots lining up so far based on just the two games:

WR1: Bowe
WR2: Baldwin
WR3: McCluster (suck it haters)
WR4: Breaston
WR5: Horne
WR6: Wylie (ST/KR)

Yup... that is right. Copper doesn't even make the team. Apologies to SNR.

KILLER_CLOWN
08-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Switch Breaston/Baldwin until Baldwin proves himself.

SNR
08-19-2012, 12:55 AM
I respectfully disagree. Thank you for your opinion about the game of football.

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 12:55 AM
I respectfully disagree. Thank you for your opinion about the game of football.

LMAO

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 12:56 AM
Really though... who does Copper beat out?

SNR
08-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Really though... who does Copper beat out?

In a way I have to thank you for posting this thread. I haven't been able to lay the smack down in a thread like this since 2010.

Every year it's the same thing: "UDFA WR __________ caught a TD in preseason? Well fuck why the hell are we keeping that turd Terrance Copper around?"

I don't know if you know this, but Copper mania started up as a reaction against the retards that desperately wanted the Chiefs to keep around Ashlie Lelie as our 5th WR in the 2009 season. Yes, that was the season of Bobby Engram, Bobby Wade, Bobby Darren, and Bobby's World. Also, Dwayne Bowe's diuretics. So Lelie shouldn't have had far to go to impress somebody.

And he did stuff in the 2nd halves of one or two preseason games if I recall correctly. So the fans saw production and instantly reacted to it. Production = roster spot, right?

WRONG.

I started out calmly explaining that Copper has more experience in the system not only on offense, but he's got FAR more special teams cred than anybody. I mean FFS, Haley made him the WR1 when everybody was earning their Arrowheads.

I was going to end it there but people threw hissy fits. So I kept smacking them with Terrance Copper facts and realities.

Here are the phenomenal WRs people love that we've dropped in favor of Copper's roster spot:

Ashlie Lelie
Jeremy Horne (x2)
Verran Tucker (former WR2 with this team in 2010!!)

I think everybody sees the Cowboys unearthing Miles Austins and the Giants unearthing Victor Cruzs, so they think we should be doing the same and unearthing Verran Tuckers and Jeremy Hornes.

Well guess what? YOU'RE A CHIEFS FAN! YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS! SO TAKE YOUR TERRANCE COPPER AND THANK YOUR LORD JESUS YOU HAVE HIM! BECAUSE IT'S ALL YOU'RE EVER GOING TO GET! AND YOU BE DAMN GRATEFUL FOR YOUR TERRANCE COPPER OR HE WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND PEE IN YOUR EYE!

That is all.

Douche Baggins
08-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Amazing that people think that dreadlocked hobbit shithead has surpassed an experienced, accomplished veteran wide receiver.

SNR
08-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Today you've reminded me of what's really important in life, pr_capone. I thank you for being there as a friend. My new avatar is in honor of you.

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Amazing that people think that dreadlocked hobbit shithead has surpassed an experienced, accomplished veteran wide receiver.

based on the 2 games. not on a body of work... but 2 games.

that is a pretty important part of my OP and relevant to your post.

PS - If your experienced, accomplished veteran WR would have held his block, Dex takes it to the house.

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 01:59 AM
In a way I have to thank you for posting this thread. I haven't been able to lay the smack down in a thread like this since 2010.

Every year it's the same thing: "UDFA WR __________ caught a TD in preseason? Well **** why the hell are we keeping that turd Terrance Copper around?"

I don't know if you know this, but Copper mania started up as a reaction against the retards that desperately wanted the Chiefs to keep around Ashlie Lelie as our 5th WR in the 2009 season. Yes, that was the season of Bobby Engram, Bobby Wade, Bobby Darren, and Bobby's World. Also, Dwayne Bowe's diuretics. So Lelie shouldn't have had far to go to impress somebody.

And he did stuff in the 2nd halves of one or two preseason games if I recall correctly. So the fans saw production and instantly reacted to it. Production = roster spot, right?

WRONG.

I started out calmly explaining that Copper has more experience in the system not only on offense, but he's got FAR more special teams cred than anybody. I mean FFS, Haley made him the WR1 when everybody was earning their Arrowheads.

I was going to end it there but people threw hissy fits. So I kept smacking them with Terrance Copper facts and realities.

Here are the phenomenal WRs people love that we've dropped in favor of Copper's roster spot:

Ashlie Lelie
Jeremy Horne (x2)
Verran Tucker (former WR2 with this team in 2010!!)

I think everybody sees the Cowboys unearthing Miles Austins and the Giants unearthing Victor Cruzs, so they think we should be doing the same and unearthing Verran Tuckers and Jeremy Hornes.

Well guess what? YOU'RE A CHIEFS FAN! YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS! SO TAKE YOUR TERRANCE COPPER AND THANK YOUR LORD JESUS YOU HAVE HIM! BECAUSE IT'S ALL YOU'RE EVER GOING TO GET! AND YOU BE DAMN GRATEFUL FOR YOUR TERRANCE COPPER OR HE WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND PEE IN YOUR EYE!

That is all.

Ok... so who does Copper beat out for a roster spot?

Douche Baggins
08-19-2012, 02:04 AM
based on the 2 games. not on a body of work... but 2 games.

Oh, so it was a BS point.

Noted.

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 02:52 AM
Oh, so it was a BS point.

Noted.

http://i.imgur.com/xI3N4.gif

SNR
08-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Jeremy Horne. For the third time. And hopefully last.

Oh, and all of the other undrafted rookie WRs.

PGM
08-19-2012, 10:47 AM
SNR will cut you

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Jeremy Horne. For the third time. And hopefully last.

Oh, and all of the other undrafted rookie WRs.

Not gonna happen. Copper is old and busted. Horne is the new hotness.

SNR
08-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Not gonna happen. Copper is old and busted. Horne is the new hotness.

Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Or whatever the exact wording of that quote is.

Rausch
08-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Today you've reminded me of what's really important in life, pr_capone. I thank you for being there as a friend. My new avatar is in honor of you.

Since you brought it up I believe my avatar is yours for 30 days.

SNR
08-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Since you brought it up I believe my avatar is yours for 30 days.

LOL, I can't even remember the wager we had. What was it?

Rausch
08-19-2012, 11:01 AM
LOL, I can't even remember the wager we had. What was it?

Bowe signed and will play week 1.

thabear04
08-19-2012, 11:04 AM
No Jamar Newsome

SNR
08-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Ah. Just find any picture of Terrance Copper looking like a badass and use that as your avatar. You can use mine if you want.

And now that pr_capone has started the dumbass movement, the avatar heading above the picture should be "Copper > Horne". If that wasn't part of the wager, though, that's fine. Since I can't even remember what the bet was. Heh.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I definitely would have forgotten.

Simplicity
08-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Junior Hemmingway.

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Or whatever the exact wording of that quote is.

Sorry to break it to ya meng but Copper is over the hill. KC wants young players with potential. Not guys that have maxed out at WR4, lifelong special teamers, and an age that begins with the number 3.

IF Copper makes it it will be because of injury or strictly as a ST'er. Horne will beat him out on the depth chart.

Direckshun
08-19-2012, 11:08 AM

Your inability to properly absorb an argument has prequalified you for participation in the DC forum.

Doesn't matter if you're conservative or liberal. Just go there.

And stay there.

Simplicity
08-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Your inability to properly absorb an argument has prequalified you for participation in the DC forum.

And stay there.

Badass.

Rausch
08-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Ah. Just find any picture of Terrance Copper looking like a badass and use that as your avatar. You can use mine if you want.

:facepalm:

Could you not find someone to photoshop Richard Simmons teabagging me on short notice?....

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 11:14 AM

And stay there.

*sigh*

Can't I please stay here? I promise I will do better!

Ace Gunner
08-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Horne has got some talent and he's a very good athlete. I don't think he is quite ready to take Copper's spot, but the final cut is still weeks away.

Ace Gunner
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
No Jamar Newsome

This is a guy that disappointed me. He looked good during TC but went ragged during these exhibition games. He's got tools though and he's big strong player.

SNR
08-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Sorry to break it to ya meng but Copper is over the hill. KC wants young players with potential. Not guys that have maxed out at WR4, lifelong special teamers, and an age that begins with the number 3.

IF Copper makes it it will be because of injury or strictly as a ST'er. Horne will beat him out on the depth chart.

He's 30 years old.

Let's not pretend that Horne is some rookie. The dude has been around the NFL and tried to make this team for years, even when we had shit for depth. He's failed each and every time. What makes you think that now THIS is the year he's finally going to go all the way and become a valuable career staple to this franchise like Copper is?

Direckshun
08-19-2012, 11:31 AM
*sigh*

Can't I please stay here? I promise I will do better!

You are on a ten-week probationary period.

SNR
08-19-2012, 11:34 AM
:facepalm:

Could you not find someone to photoshop Richard Simmons teabagging me on short notice?....

This is the modern NFL. 0dd T0ddz aren't around anymore, sadly. The days of steady eddy backups who remain loyal to the team even though they should have been handed over the starting QB position years ago are now gone. Now it's "I'm gonna go out on my own and find my own team."

Terrance Copper is the best we can do. bree. He's no 0dd T0dd, but then again, nobody but 0dd T0dd is 0dd T0dd

Elwaysux
08-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Jeremy Horne is a first class loser. He sucked as a gunner on punts until he got hurt and then sat around smoking weed and being a loser on IR. Why he keeps showing up at camp is beyond me.

SNR
08-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Do you think this picture is more "I'm a fucking badass but I'm not so hotheaded that I won't hang around my special teams bros" Terrance Copper?

Or is it "I'm just having fun out there doing my thing" easygoing Terrance Copper?

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 11:52 AM
You are on a ten-week probationary period.

http://i.imgur.com/pCdBf.gif

DTLB58
08-19-2012, 01:09 PM
I agree. Cooper doesn't do crap with any opportunity given at the WR position.

Horne looked like he could be a beast. Size, speed and he caught the ball!

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 01:42 PM

Horne looked like he could be a beast. Size, speed and he caught the ball!

Exactly. Copper is the definition of mediocrity. The fact that some fans celebrate him is a testament to how bad this team has been.

His value on ST is VASTLY overrated. You know what boy wonder did last season on ST? 3 tackles. 3 mother fucking tackles and this dude is the vaunted leader of ST. Yeah... he did real well in 2009 & 2010 but he fell off in 2011. In fact, Horne played in half the games and totaled one less tackle than Copper did. Horne ran back 2 kicks for an average of 22ypc while Copper only ran back one and got 12 yards out of it.

Copper did do better than Horne receiving though. Horne didn't catch a single ball last season and Copper CRUSHED him with 8.

Unless the dude seriously shows some amazing stuff in these last 2 preseason games, there is no reason for him to keep the job. I would rather have the younger guy that can take his spot and not skip a beat.

SNR
08-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Exactly. Copper is the definition of mediocrity. The fact that some fans celebrate him is a testament to how bad this team has been.

His value on ST is VASTLY overrated. You know what boy wonder did last season on ST? 3 tackles. 3 mother fucking tackles and this dude is the vaunted leader of ST. Yeah... he did real well in 2009 & 2010 but he fell off in 2011. In fact, Horne played in half the games and totaled one less tackle than Copper did. Horne ran back 2 kicks for an average of 22ypc while Copper only ran back one and got 12 yards out of it.

Copper did do better than Horne receiving though. Horne didn't catch a single ball last season and Copper CRUSHED him with 8.

Unless the dude seriously shows some amazing stuff in these last 2 preseason games, there is no reason for him to keep the job. I would rather have the younger guy that can take his spot and not skip a beat.
Everything you just said in this post has been said for 3 straight years. That's since 2009, when Copper first came to town. Why do you think he has stuck around so long, and bukkaked that turd Jeremy Horne out of a roster spot TWICE?

It's not like Jeremy Horne didn't catch TDs in the preseason back then. He catches them all the fucking time.

SNR
08-19-2012, 03:58 PM

Horne looked like he could be a beast. Size, speed and he caught the ball!Probably because he's not exactly the primary read on offense.

You will take Terrance Copper. You will take Terrance Copper and you will LIKE IT

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Everything you just said in this post has been said for 3 straight years. That's since 2009, when Copper first came to town. Why do you think he has stuck around so long, and bukkaked that turd Jeremy Horne out of a roster spot TWICE?

It's not like Jeremy Horne didn't catch TDs in the preseason back then. He catches them all the ****ing time.

So people were talking about Copper's 2011 stats in comparison to Horne's for 3 straight years?

Perhaps you are right though and Copper should remain on the team. I mean, honestly... who can they possibly get to replace those 3 tackles, 1 return, and 8 catches in 16 games???

Horne is young and has nothing but upside. Copper has already peaked and if anything is beginning his decline.

threebag02
08-19-2012, 07:29 PM
So people were talking about Copper's 2011 stats in comparison to Horne's for 3 straight years?

Perhaps you are right though and Copper should remain on the team. I mean, honestly... who can they possibly get to replace those 3 tackles, 1 return, and 8 catches in 16 games???

Horne is young and has nothing but upside. Copper has already peaked and if anything is beginning his decline.

So has this thread

SNR
08-19-2012, 07:35 PM

LMAO I can't believe you really want to go on the merry-go-round. I thought you were more level-headed than this.

Horne would be kept on the team NOT as a returner and NOT as a receiver you see very often. He would have to wait for an injury to Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Wylie, McCluster, and possibly even Newsome or Bellamy. Remember, he's behind those two guys on the depth chart. He's playing the WR5, and would have to make his money EXCLUSIVELY on special teams. Especially in this run-first offense-- this ain't Green Bay where Randall Cobb, their WR5, puts up 20 catches and a coupla TDs. So get those 1 returns and 8 catches out of your statistical bitching.

Before I even go into the 3 tackles argument, are you even aware how special teams works if you're a gunner?

pr_capone
08-19-2012, 07:49 PM
LMAO I can't believe you really want to go on the merry-go-round. I thought you were more level-headed than this.

Horne would be kept on the team NOT as a returner and NOT as a receiver you see very often. He would have to wait for an injury to Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, Wylie, McCluster, and possibly even Newsome or Bellamy. Remember, he's behind those two guys on the depth chart. He's playing the WR5, and would have to make his money EXCLUSIVELY on special teams. Especially in this run-first offense-- this ain't Green Bay where Randall Cobb, their WR5, puts up 20 catches and a coupla TDs. So get those 1 returns and 8 catches out of your statistical bitching.

Before I even go into the 3 tackles argument, are you even aware how special teams works if you're a gunner?

I do. Honestly... this is 80% busting your balls and 20% I want to see Horne make a leap and take the job.

SNR
08-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I do. Honestly... this is 80% busting your balls and 20% I want to see Horne make a leap and take the job.

You don't understand. You can't bust my balls on this. I love Terrance Copper. Sexually. If you try to bust my balls about this, it only gives me an excuse to talk about him more.

You can't win, pr_capone. If you troll me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

royr17
08-19-2012, 08:25 PM
When are the first round of cuts BTW

Micjones
08-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Copper's the new Danan Hughes.
He's not going anywhere.