PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2012 Dexter McCluster touches thread

Pages : [1] 2

Reerun_KC
08-19-2012, 10:53 PM
I was going to wait until week one for this beatdown. After last years win over child raping GoFraud, I thought we should have another thread to keep track.

So this year Dexter will have 50 touches at a min. And will say as high as 80. Let the fun begin. Will update weekly. Preseason updates coming soon. (Preseason touches do not count, have to add this for the mentally challenged people here)

2012 touch total
35 touches
15 left for the clownsuit again
* Needs to average 1.875 touches a game

Week 1 Atlanta
6 for 82

Week 2 Buffalo
4 for 32

Week 3 New Orleans
4 for 33

Week 4 San Diego
2 for 6

Week 5 Baltimore
0 for 0

Week 6 Tampa Bay
6 for 39

Week 7
Bye

Week 8 Oakland
8 for 69 1 TD

Week 9 San Diego
6 for 34

Count Zarth
08-19-2012, 10:57 PM
If he remains as the #4 WR, he tops out at 40 touches. This accounts for bullshit reverses he'll run.

He could be exposed as a terrible #3 WR if someone is hurt.

Direckshun
08-19-2012, 10:58 PM
o great

i was hoping wed do this for another year

Reerun_KC
08-19-2012, 11:01 PM
3 touches a game puts him at 48 for the season. Strange he is on the pace in the preseason in limited playing time.

I could be under estimating his role in this offense.

Count Zarth
08-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm guessing there will be games, considering our QB, where Bowe has 2 catches for 25 yards and McCluster has 5 for 30.

This is the kind of QB he is.

okcchief
08-19-2012, 11:38 PM
You are probably losing this one GC.

Count Zarth
08-19-2012, 11:41 PM
You are probably losing this one GC.

There's nothing to lose. No bet this year.

But suggesting a #4 WR has 40 touches, max, is not exactly going out on a limb.

Traditionally the #4 WR is a 20-25 catch guy.

More in a more wide open offense.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2012, 11:45 PM
There isn't a bet. You have to have honor and self respect when betting. That leaves the fraud out. So just a thread to keep updated.

Pawnmower
08-19-2012, 11:50 PM
o great

i was hoping wed do this for another year

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

I dunno why i am laughing so hard

I guess I am drunk

but

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I love you guys

BossChief
08-20-2012, 12:17 AM
There's nothing to lose. No bet this year.

But suggesting a #4 WR has 40 touches, max, is not exactly going out on a limb.

Traditionally the #4 WR is a 20-25 catch guy.

More in a more wide open offense.

no bet, but you are gonna buy me a jersey if Dexter gains 600 yards.

A real, authentic one.

Not a bet, though.

BossChief
08-20-2012, 12:19 AM
There isn't a bet. You have to have honor and self respect when betting. That leaves the fraud out. So just a thread to keep updated.

Dude, he kept his sig and avatar for the entirety of his bets that Ive seen the last couple years.

Including when he lost our Dexter McCluster bet from last year.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Sweet thread brah. Love it.

Canofbier
08-20-2012, 05:28 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-U5jWNIOgdk0/Tx4WTturbcI/AAAAAAAAB14/hYiAwkG43qI/s1600/doll+where+did+he+touch+you+child+abuse+creepy.jpg

O.city
08-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Bowe is now back. He's on a contract year, and he better be calling for atleast 8 balls per game coming his way.

If Dex gets 40 catches I'll be estatic.

MahiMike
08-20-2012, 06:05 PM
If he remains as the #4 WR, he tops out at 40 touches. This accounts for bullshit reverses he'll run.

Baiting you is just too easy...:shake:

QuikSsurfer
08-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Dude, he kept his sig and avatar for the entirety of his bets that Ive seen the last couple years.

Including when he lost our Dexter McCluster bet from last year.

He didn't keep the avatar because who ever made the bet was too fucking lazy (stupid) to make one for him in the first place.

Munson
08-20-2012, 06:49 PM
He might get 50 touches if you include kickoff and punt returns. I'm sure Crennel will give him some action on special teams sooner or later.

Count Zarth
08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
He might get 50 touches if you include kickoff and punt returns. I'm sure Crennel will give him some action on special teams sooner or later.

LMAO

In what league, the UFL?

Dexter is not a kick returner anymore.

Count Zarth
08-20-2012, 06:55 PM
He didn't keep the avatar because who ever made the bet was too fucking lazy (stupid) to make one for him in the first place.

BossChief told me I could remove it. It was his avatar. The Stanzi BS.

jd1020
08-20-2012, 07:06 PM
LMAO

In what league, the UFL?

Dexter is not a kick returner anymore.

I can see Dexter still getting touches as a kick returner because I can see Wylie on the inactive list.

SNR
08-20-2012, 07:20 PM
And people think I have a Copper obsession...

Reerun_KC
08-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Updated

BossChief
08-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Here is the original bet length terms...then its an easy bet for you to win.

sig bet from the time the season ends FOR US till the draft? Or do you have that tied up elsewhere?
He kept that Stanzi avatar on the whole time...he even left it up a couple days after the draft because he said he didn't mind it.
Either know the details or STFU
BossChief told me I could remove it. It was his avatar. The Stanzi BS.

I told you that you could remove it after the draft.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2012, 07:55 AM
He keeps this up he would be on pace for 69 touches in the regular season..

Meltdown by the clowns for sure.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2012, 07:56 AM
LOL BossChief. He created a mult the same night and started posting. That is why he is never taken seriously here... Other than his illegal copywrited crap he posts.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Looks like he's the primary slot guy even with Bowe-Baldwin-Breaston in the lineup. Raping 3rd corners all season long coming to a TV screen near you.

milkman
08-27-2012, 08:43 AM
LOL BossChief. He created a mult the same night and started posting. That is why he is never taken seriously here... Other than his illegal copywrited crap he posts.

DaFace has already dismissed the rumor that Claythan is posting as mult as bullshit.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Either a strange coincidence or someone was trying to "frame" him.

htismaqe
08-28-2012, 10:25 AM
DaFace has already dismissed the rumor that Claythan is posting as mult as bullshit.

This time. :)

Reerun_KC
08-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Eh, enjoy the peace while it lasts....

When he comes back he will be like a baby with a soiled diaper... Crying about something non stop.

SNR
08-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I'd rather talk about something more important than McCluster's touches

Like why the Chiefs chose to cut Matt Szymanski.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Why wouldn't we talk about the guy who's had every play with the 1st team in the slot? Guess we could chat about covering special teams instead.

SNR
08-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Why wouldn't we talk about the guy who's had every play with the 1st team in the slot? Guess we could chat about covering special teams instead.

That's a bit overkill. I wanted to bring something closer to the level of the conversation. Thus, Matt Szymanski, the best back up kicker for the Chiefs I've seen since Lawrence Tynes backed up Morten Andersen.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Full game of work pace after 3 games: 26 Rec 258 Yards

Full season pace: 138 Rec 1376 Yards

:eek:

SNR
08-28-2012, 10:39 AM
So why do you guys think the Chiefs cut Matt Szymanski so early? They barely even gave him a chance. From what I could see his kickoffs were pretty damn impressive in the preseason.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 10:40 AM
He keeps this up he would be on pace for 69 touches in the regular season..

Meltdown by the clowns for sure.

Well more than that as he's only playing a half or less :)

Reerun_KC
08-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Full game of work pace after 3 games: 26 Rec 258 Yards

Full season pace: 138 Rec 1376 Yards

:eek:

That would be insane...

Not gonna happen. Take half of that and its a huge success for this offense.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 10:41 AM
So why do you guys think the Chiefs cut Matt Szymanski so early? They barely even gave him a chance. From what I could see his kickoffs were pretty damn impressive in the preseason.

cut by midgets

Reerun_KC
08-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Well more than that as he's only playing a half or less :)

True.

Didnt take that into consideration. Good Call.

Chiefnj2
08-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Dex has been the only WR to show up in preseason games. I don't get the mass hate for the guy that emanates from this board.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 10:43 AM
That would be insane...

Not gonna happen. Take half of that and its a huge success for this offense.

Definately. Either way, looks like he'll be a key cog in the offense for the 2012 season and cause major amounts of butthurt with each reception and YAC he gets.

beach tribe
08-28-2012, 10:45 AM
I made a sig bet with Clay a cpl months ago.
Said Dex would have 40+ catches. If he gets 40 I have his sig for 6months, If he gets 50 I have it for a year. If he gets under 20 he has mine for a year. And that kicks in AFTER he gets his sig back after he loses his 300 touches for Charles bet. He's not gonna have his sig or Av for a LOOOOOONG time. What an idiot.

Micjones
08-28-2012, 10:46 AM
Dex has been the only WR to show up in preseason games. I don't get the mass hate for the guy that emanates from this board.

Shut your whore mouth!
Don't you dare compliment that dreadlocked dwarf!

SNR
08-28-2012, 10:54 AM

He unprecedentedly learned some powerful ins and outs of the slot WR position. His routes are crisp, and he's doing a good job consistently getting open underneath to serve as Cassel's safety binky.

Props to the guy. I did not expect his re-transition back to WR to go this smoothly. It took Dante Hall far longer to become the WR that he was.

However, he still sucks ass at making people miss, and it's not like he's the speediest fucker in the NFL. The whole "give him the ball in space!" mantra is still retarded as fuck. But that's not a fault of Dexter; it's more a criticism of some football fans and the coaching staff. I like what he's been doing this offseason. Proved me wrong about being an effective guy who can get open. He's an asset to the offense.

bevischief
08-28-2012, 11:10 AM
cut by midgets

wearing pink chaps

rico
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/377189_10151006002932191_1333981753_n.jpg

King_Chief_Fan
I was going to wait until week one for this beatdown. After last years win over child raping GoFraud, I thought we should have another thread to keep track.

So this year Dexter will have 50 touches at a min. And will say as high as 80. Let the fun begin. Will update weekly. Preseason updates coming soon. (Preseason touches do not count, have to add this for the mentally challenged people here)

Pre-Arizona
Receiving 3-45

Pre-St. Louis
Receiving 3-23

Pre-Seattle
7-61 1TD

4-5 touches per game? sounds right

King_Chief_Fan
08-28-2012, 11:13 AM
I made a sig bet with Clay a cpl months ago.
Said Dex would have 40+ catches. If he gets 40 I have his sig for 6months, If he gets 50 I have it for a year. If he gets under 20 he has mine for a year. And that kicks in AFTER he gets his sig back after he loses his 300 touches for Charles bet. He's not gonna have his sig or Av for a LOOOOOONG time. What an idiot.

Clay the welcher?..you best examine your bet very closely, he always finds a way to squirm free/welch.

milkman
08-28-2012, 11:13 AM
He unprecedentedly learned some powerful ins and outs of the slot WR position. His routes are crisp, and he's doing a good job consistently getting open underneath to serve as Cassel's safety binky.

Props to the guy. I did not expect his re-transition back to WR to go this smoothly. It took Dante Hall far longer to become the WR that he was.

However, he still sucks ass at making people miss, and it's not like he's the speediest ****er in the NFL. The whole "give him the ball in space!" mantra is still retarded as ****. But that's not a fault of Dexter; it's more a criticism of some football fans and the coaching staff. I like what he's been doing this offseason. Proved me wrong about being an effective guy who can get open. He's an asset to the offense.

That's it in a nutshell.

Weve been hearing for three years now that he's playmaker, and that simply is not true.

Chiefnj2
08-28-2012, 11:14 AM
That's it in a nutshell.

Weve been hearing for three years now that he's playmaker, and that simply is not true.

Suck it up and admit you were wrong about Dex.

milkman
08-28-2012, 11:20 AM
Suck it up and admit you were wrong about Dex.

I said that Dexter is neither excetionally fast, nor elusive.

He's not a playmaker.

Has he proven those statements to be false?

If you say anything other than no, then you are a lying bitch.

So, no I have not been wrong about Dexter McCluster.

Art Vader
08-28-2012, 11:57 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/zl7omb.png

Micjones
08-28-2012, 11:58 AM
I said that Dexter is neither excetionally fast, nor elusive.

He's not a playmaker.

Has he proven those statements to be false?

If you say anything other than no, then you are a lying bitch.

So, no I have not been wrong about Dexter McCluster.

The real question should be, can he be productive?
Not every player at an offensive skill position is exceptionally fast and/or elusive.

milkman
08-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Not every player at an offensive skill position is exceptionally fast and/or elusive.

And I never said that he can't be productive.

My arguments have always been against the people that have labeled him a playmaker.

Reerun_KC
08-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Will be fun to see how this thread stacks up over the year.

Micjones
08-28-2012, 01:27 PM

My arguments have always been against the people that have labeled him a playmaker.

I'm hearing different things.
On the one hand you suggest that he's neither fast or elusive.
On the other you say he's not a playmaker.

You've condeded that he can be productive though.

From my vantage point... Derrick Johnson is a playmaker. Jovan Belcher is productive.

You're simply saying he's no Derrick Johnson, yes?
If he can be Jovan Belcher, would you be satisfied?
(Not being a smartass here. Those are two honest questions.)

Chiefnj2
08-28-2012, 01:29 PM

Was he a "playmaker" against Seattle?

beach tribe
08-28-2012, 01:34 PM

This is all I ever said. I believe that he can and will produce, and that he has a role on this team.
Also that he's not as bad people act like he is. If he had been taken later in the draft people would not have such a negative view of him.

Micjones
I think we should define the term "playmaker".
Does that mean 'can make plays' or 'consistently makes plays'?

Micjones
This is all I ever said. I believe that he can and will produce, and that he has a role on this team.

At this point that's getting tougher and tougher for his detractors to deny.

Reerun_KC
08-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Was he a "playmaker" against Seattle?

no they were all routine catches, nothing to discuss or see here.

KC Tattoo
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM

Well I'm going keep calling him a "playmaker" as long as he is getting us first downs and touchdowns by making plays.

I expect our other WRs to have more production than Dex but that doesn't disqualify Dex from being a playmaker and an asset to this team. I also saw him doing some blocks and making extra effort in that aspect down field. FWIW that's something to be recognized.

CoMoChief
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
DMC will get around 6-7 catches a game simply because Cassel will check down often.

Reerun_KC
08-28-2012, 01:43 PM
DMC will get around 6-7 catches a game simply because Cassel will check down often.
So?

Micjones
08-28-2012, 01:44 PM
So?

That's supposed to be McCluster's fault. Shhh...

Reerun_KC
08-28-2012, 01:44 PM
That's supposed to be McCluster's fault. Shhh...

:cuss: Sorry

jspchief
08-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I've come around a little bit on McLackluster. His hands really impress me, he seems to catch everything. I also think he's a tough sonuvabitch.

The biggest problem so far has been how he's been used. Obviously they never intended him to carry the RB load that he was forced into last year. But more importantly it showed that he isn't particularly good at making people miss. I think the FO thought they were getting a Josh Cribbs, Devon Hester type of guy. A guy that you just had to find ways to get the ball in his hands. It's clear he doesn't fit that role.

So here we are left with the one thing he does well. Receiving. How long before defenses start thinking of him as a receiver? Probably not long. How long before defenses realize that Cassel only throws short? That book is written. How long before Dex gets blown up on a poorly thrown crossing pattern? Hope he likes smores, because LBs and safeties are gonna be camping in his receiving window. Besides that, his size makes him a smaller target for the QB, and Cassel needs the biggest targets he can get.

I think Dex very well could be a big part of the offense in the early part of the season. I don't expect it to last.

CoMoChief
08-28-2012, 01:58 PM
So?

Just saying what will probably happen....not saying it's a good or bad thing.

If anything it's Cassel's fault for not throwing downfield more often, esp when he has 2 HUGE WR's.

Micjones
08-28-2012, 02:18 PM
I've come around a little bit on McLackluster. His hands really impress me, he seems to catch everything. I also think he's a tough sonuvabitch.

The biggest problem so far has been how he's been used. Obviously they never intended him to carry the RB load that he was forced into last year. But more importantly it showed that he isn't particularly good at making people miss. I think the FO thought they were getting a Josh Cribbs, Devon Hester type of guy. A guy that you just had to find ways to get the ball in his hands. It's clear he doesn't fit that role.

So here we are left with the one thing he does well. Receiving. How long before defenses start thinking of him as a receiver? Probably not long. How long before defenses realize that Cassel only throws short? That book is written. How long before Dex gets blown up on a poorly thrown crossing pattern? Hope he likes smores, because LBs and safeties are gonna be camping in his receiving window. Besides that, his size makes him a smaller target for the QB, and Cassel needs the biggest targets he can get.

I think Dex very well could be a big part of the offense in the early part of the season. I don't expect it to last.

Which just means defenses will have to play honest.
That'll create an opportunity for someone else.

Chiefnj2
08-28-2012, 02:22 PM
If anything it's Cassel's fault for not throwing downfield more often, esp when he has 2 HUGE WR's.

1. He can't.
2. Bowe just returned.
3. Baldwin hasn't proven the ability to get open or catch the ball consistently.

beach tribe
08-28-2012, 02:23 PM
At this point that's getting tougher and tougher for his detractors to deny.

I had to just shake my head at all the people who actually thought the guy was going to get cut..seriously.

jspchief
08-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Which just means defenses will have to play honest.
That'll create an opportunity for someone else.I agree. It should help open up our outside receivers.

Micjones
08-28-2012, 02:42 PM
I had to just shake my head at all the people who actually thought the guy was going to get cut..seriously.

I said this all off-season.
People were CONVINCED Devon Wylie was not only going to take his job, but push him off the team. He has 1 catch in three games. I'm not sure he's asserted himself as anything more than a punt return guy. And I have nothing against the kid. I hope he makes the team and helps improve our return game.

beach tribe
08-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I agree. It should help open up our outside receivers.

yup

themanwithnoname
08-28-2012, 02:44 PM
I like McCluster but he was a poor pick where he was drafted. He's another one of those barometer players where if he's a major part of your offense then your offense probably isn't great.

Yeah I couldn't believe people actually thought that. Even if Wylie and Gray panned out right away, McCluster wasn't going to be cut.

I think I might very much wish he had been after this season as he's making Cassel look improved which I don't think he really has in any meaningful way.

beach tribe
08-28-2012, 02:46 PM
I like McCluster but he was a poor pick where he was drafted. He's another one of those barometer players where if he's a major part of your offense then your offense probably isn't great.

Yeah I couldn't believe people actually thought that. Even if Wylie and Gray panned out right away, McCluster wasn't going to be cut.

I think I might very much wish he had been after this season as he's making Cassel look improved which I don't think he really has in any meaningful way.

Yeah, god forbid a guy play well. I sure hope Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin stink up the joint too.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-28-2012, 02:50 PM

It's pretty funny. A guy like Stanzi is far more likely to get cut and people can't fathom that.

CoMoChief
08-28-2012, 02:56 PM
It's pretty funny. A guy like Stanzi is far more likely to get cut and people can't fathom that.

This place is begging for someone else to be the starting QB that they're willing to try anything/anyone at the position whether they're capable or not. When a 3rd stringer in a preseason game makes a couple of passes, everyone here starts jizzing in their pants and immediately want him to be the starter.

Cassel is the best option we have at QB by a LARGE margin. It sucks...and it sucks more that Pioli refuses to "really" address the issue...but it is what it is.

Will Cassel lead this team to a SB? Highly doubtful though it can be done, but it has to be done despite of him, meaning the defense and the running game will have to carry this team, because the passing game will not. And it sucks because this leauge is a passing/QB league.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Get the calculators out. The little man will have folks deducting YAC yardage all season long!!

Reerun_KC
08-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Get the calculators out. The little man will have folks deducting YAC yardage all season long!!
YAC are meaningless yards... Its how far the ball travels in the air... You know better than this...

SNR
08-28-2012, 03:03 PM

You're the guy who still thinks Dexter McCluster has more elusive quickness than Jamaal Charles.

Stanzi took a step backward this offseason for some reason. Dexter took a HUGE leap forward in his skills as a WR. That was a pretty unlikely scenario at the beginning of the offseason if you ask me. But whatever. Weird shit happens.

Oh, and 99% of the teams in the NFL still keep 3 QBs, retard.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 03:04 PM
YAC are meaningless yards... Its how far the ball travels in the air... You know better than this...

You're right I've never seen Brees or Brady benefit from YAC yardage to Sproles and Welker. All they do is chuck it deep and they are in the endzone without having to do a thing!! Thanks CP.

SNR
08-28-2012, 03:04 PM

I hope he gets lots of YAC yards. Odds are he'll only receive the ball within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage most plays. We'll need YAC yards from him and lots of them.

themanwithnoname
08-28-2012, 03:14 PM
I said this all off-season.
People were CONVINCED Devon Wylie was not only going to take his job, but push him off the team. He has 1 catch in three games. I'm not sure he's asserted himself as anything more than a punt return guy. And I have nothing against the kid. I hope he makes the team and helps improve our return game.

I was hoping that Wylie and Gray would push McCluster down the depth chart, and wouldn't mind if it pushed him off the team. Although I didn't expect that would happen this year, so there's still some hope that Wylie might improve but I really doubt he pushes McCluster off the field this season at all (and won't be surprised if they try to get Wylie to the practice squad). I think the RB situation definitely has pushed McCluster out of that (although we know they'll do some stuff like fake reverse draws or some crap like that with him), but Wylie is going to need to improve just to remain in the NFL.

As it is, McCluster looks ok, he's providing about what I was hoping Wylie would provide (solid performance out of the slot), but he's getting a bit too much of our offensive focus, which is the troubling part.

Like in 2010, all I could think is he's taking touches from Charles. Now its Charles, Hillis, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin and the TEs. Unless he plays like 2010 Charles, if McCluster is a significant part of the offense, it tells me that Daboll and/or Cassel are fucking up.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Now I know why you have no name

whoman69
08-28-2012, 05:15 PM
It was clearly a pair of poor picks. We had two seconds that we used on an undersized specialty back and a return specialist corner whose ceiling was as a nickel back. With a team with as many holes as we had at the time, that's not a good return on your investment. That said, rooting against them is counterproductive.

milkman
08-28-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm hearing different things.
On the one hand you suggest that he's neither fast or elusive.
On the other you say he's not a playmaker.

You've condeded that he can be productive though.

From my vantage point... Derrick Johnson is a playmaker. Jovan Belcher is productive.

You're simply saying he's no Derrick Johnson, yes?
If he can be Jovan Belcher, would you be satisfied?
(Not being a smartass here. Those are two honest questions.)

If McCluster can make some catches and help move the chains, and it appears that he will do just that, then I have no problem with him in this offense.

My argument has always been that he is not Darren Sproles, and that is the guy some have tried to compare him to.

Urc Burry
08-28-2012, 08:09 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/646019191.jpg?key=640872&Expires=1346207049&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=toep7BZDBk4zpKXJINJg~4oNbEn4XxmEeSzSHwzSzYCS0zBa3nbTIFE~4zi2OVE0jV4dyOaVHD5rpvhFKTIVLgkPHO KHtzejwJqtAzRBcR7xLEpaRpeKQQFdKkNrwCRhCXY7zzLVuSyV4wTPHDozvaQjV4uj3hFD2QBlEye-jm0_

Deberg_1990
08-28-2012, 08:11 PM
If McCluster can make some catches and help move the chains, and it appears that he will do just that, then I have no problem with him in this offense.

My argument has always been that he is not Darren Sproles, and that is the guy some have tried to compare him to.

Agreed.

Actually, McClusters stats compare pretty favorably to Sproles his first few years. Maybe McCluster will become even better over time?

I think sometimes "we" as fans are harder on our own teams players than we are on other teams players. Its just human nature.

Messier
08-28-2012, 08:14 PM

I see him more as a Danny Woodhead type.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-28-2012, 08:15 PM
It's the same with laughing at him for not matching Welker already. Wes didn't exactly light it up right out of the gate himself. 1 TD in his first 3 years combined and no more than 700 yards in a season. People don't use reality when comparing players.

Micjones
08-29-2012, 06:41 AM
I was hoping that Wylie and Gray would push McCluster down the depth chart, and wouldn't mind if it pushed him off the team. Although I didn't expect that would happen this year, so there's still some hope that Wylie might improve but I really doubt he pushes McCluster off the field this season at all (and won't be surprised if they try to get Wylie to the practice squad). I think the RB situation definitely has pushed McCluster out of that (although we know they'll do some stuff like fake reverse draws or some crap like that with him), but Wylie is going to need to improve just to remain in the NFL.

As it is, McCluster looks ok, he's providing about what I was hoping Wylie would provide (solid performance out of the slot), but he's getting a bit too much of our offensive focus, which is the troubling part.

Like in 2010, all I could think is he's taking touches from Charles. Now its Charles, Hillis, Bowe, Breaston, Baldwin and the TEs. Unless he plays like 2010 Charles, if McCluster is a significant part of the offense, it tells me that Daboll and/or Cassel are ****ing up.

Wylie deserves a spot on this team.
He can help the return game with his speed.

If he gives you anything offensively, that's a bonus.

Deberg_1990
08-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Another thing with Fans and this Wylie thing. I think sometimes we get too high of expecatations with players. Im sorry, most lower round draft picks dont just come into the NFL and "light it up" Just doesnt happen. Most lower round guys are developmental picks.

Micjones
08-29-2012, 06:46 AM

He's not Darren Sproles.
It did take Sproles about four years to really come on as an offensive player though. And he's had two of the better QB's in the league to throw to him.

McCluster has had offensive production in just two years.
I think we'll see more from him over the next two.

I think this could be a breakout year for him.

Micjones
08-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Another thing with Fans and this Wylie thing. I think sometimes we get too high of expecatations with players. Im sorry, most lower round draft picks dont just come into the NFL and "light it up" Just doesnt happen. Most lower round guys are developmental picks.

Happens all the time in Chiefs Country.
We get a wild hair about a draft pick (I have one for Gray) and go nuts with what we think they can be in year one. Thing is, Wylie's a WR. That's one of the toughest positions in the NFL to transition into from college. Ask Jon Baldwin.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-29-2012, 06:50 AM
He had 800 some total yards last year(yeah, yeah some didn't "count" by some bullshit excuse :whackit:) , that isn't bad at all for a 2nd year player. Now he's taken a step up as a wideout. Might not match the production, but he can be a more effective player this year.

Micjones
08-29-2012, 06:55 AM
He had 800 some total yards last year(yeah, yeah some didn't "count" by some bullshit excuse :whackit:) , that isn't bad at all for a 2nd year player. Now he's taken a step up as a wideout. Might not match the production, but he can be a more effective player this year.

He probably won't, but only because he won't carry the ball nearly as often.
If he can give us 500 receiving yards and a 3-4 TD's, I'll be happy.

I'd also keep him in the return mix.

Reerun_KC
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Sunday the beatdown begins....

Count Zarth
09-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Sunday the beatdown begins....

He's gonna rack up the garbage time catches in a blowout! Can't wait!

Reerun_KC
09-06-2012, 02:06 PM
He's gonna rack up the garbage time catches in a blowout! Can't wait!

You would know garbage time if anyone would...

Big cry baby...

mcaj22
09-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Happens all the time in Chiefs Country.
We get a wild hair about a draft pick (I have one for Gray) and go nuts with what we think they can be in year one. Thing is, Wylie's a WR. That's one of the toughest positions in the NFL to transition into from college. Ask Jon Baldwin.

lol it's one of the easiest

jd1020
09-09-2012, 01:53 PM

Are you praying for that someone to be McCluster?

Game 1: 6-82

Deberg_1990
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Have McCluster and Breaston moved ahead of Baldwin on the depth chart?

QuikSsurfer
09-09-2012, 01:56 PM
DMC: 6 catches for 82 yards

notorious
09-09-2012, 01:56 PM
He is on pace for 1312 yards.

Marcellus
09-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Clay will be along with excuses and reasons why even though he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about, he is correct in some way that makes it bad for the Chiefs.

jd1020
09-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Clay will be along with excuses and reasons why even though he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about, he is correct in some way that makes it bad for the Chiefs.

"Garbage time."

Nothing is bad for the Chiefs when McCluster is getting first downs.

-King-
09-09-2012, 02:03 PM

Whats so bad about it? He had 4 or 5 first downs today. None of his passes were under 4 yards either

Marcellus
09-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Whats so bad about it? He had 4 or 5 first downs today. None of his passes were under 4 yards either

I didn't say there was anything bad about it. He had a good game and all his catches were clutch.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Have McCluster and Breaston moved ahead of Baldwin on the depth chart?

Did you even watch the game?

-King-
09-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I didn't say there was anything bad about it. He had a good game and all his catches were clutch.

Oh. This part confused me

he is correct in some way that makes it bad for the Chiefs.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Let the countdown begin. 44 left for clown suit.

Marcellus
09-09-2012, 05:51 PM

I am saying Clay will claim that he is correct in some way.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2012, 07:12 PM
3 catches a game to destroy the Claymo again.

jspchief
09-09-2012, 07:20 PM
This thread should be locked. Dexter McCluster is the least of this team's problems. Arguing over a splinter while we have bullet wounds.

aturnis
09-09-2012, 07:23 PM

Clay will be along with excuses and reasons why, even though he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about, he is correct in some way that makes it bad for the Chiefs.

A comma after why would probably have made all the difference for your reading comprehension...

pr_capone
09-09-2012, 07:24 PM
I want to see Clay eat crow on this so bad it isn't even funny.

This thread should be locked. Dexter McCluster is the least of this team's problems. Arguing over a splinter while we have bullet wounds.

DMC isn't a splinter... he is an asset. This thread serves to call out Clay, lover of DvD, hater of DMC.

jspchief
09-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I want to see Clay eat crow on this so bad it isn't even funny.

DMC isn't a splinter... he is an asset. This thread serves to call out Clay, lover of DvD, hater of DMC.

Why? He takes outlandish positions on issues dozens of times every year. We all know already that he's a dumbass. These discussions just encourage his act.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Looking forward to DMC to do this all season long to Claymo...

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tumblr_lvnv62xWLg1qmnwwpo1_r1_400.gif

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 01:44 PM
We'll see.

He did make a couple of plays, yesterday, though. Credit where it's due.

Not impressed by his garbage time stats, though. Par for the course for the little midget.

Everyone already realizes any game where he is our leading receiver is a fucking dumpster fire.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 01:45 PM
By the way, I now accept the reality that he will probably catch 40 balls.

He's not the #4 WR.

He's the #3 WR because Jon Baldwin is a huge piece of shit.

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 01:46 PM

He's not the #4 WR.

ROFL

We'll see.

Not impressed by his garbage time stats, though. Par for the course for the little midget.

Everyone already realizes any game where he is our leading receiver is a fucking dumpster fire.

edit: and the majority of McCluster's catches came when we were still in the game.

ChiefsandO'sfan
09-10-2012, 01:46 PM

He's not the #4 WR.

Dude the chiefs have a 1 read QB let's not dog the WR.

Molitoth
09-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Dude the chiefs have a 1 read QB let's not dog the WR.

This. Don't hate on Baldwin because Cassel can't throw the ball over 10 yards. Put Baldwin/Breaston/Bowe with Rodgers, Brees, or Brady and watch them all get even touches.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 01:49 PM
We'll see.

Everyone already realizes any game where he is our leading receiver is a ****ing dumpster fire.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbohLvD8J_8YhuJ50oShAY0BucfdnDslLyUOcG5Nw8AYhuvpYrEg

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 01:50 PM
This. Don't hate on Baldwin because Cassel can't throw the ball over 10 yards. Put Baldwin/Breaston/Bowe with Rodgers, Brees, or Brady and watch them all get even touches.

Boss's touchdown run was something wasnt it...

He was like Chris Berman, boom, boom, boom, Touchdown from 30 + out...

it was bad ass...

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 01:51 PM

Cassel threw 3 or 4 nice passes over 15 yards yesterday.

He's not the reason Baldwin can't get on the field....Baldwin is.

Dex is stealing Baldwin's PT because he's a better receiver.

And that's fucking sad.

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 01:53 PM

Cassel threw a couple good deep(ish) balls yesterday.. The one to Boss was fucking perfect -- and Boss also made a great catch.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Cassel threw a couple good deep(ish) balls yesterday.. The one to Boss was ****ing perfect -- and Boss also made a great catch.

The Cassel bashing is becoming cultish... Guy repeating shit just to try and fit in...

To many Lemmings here...

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 01:56 PM
The Cassel bashing is becoming cultish... Guy repeating shit just to try and fit in...

To many Lemmings here...

Welcome to ChiefsPlanet

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 01:56 PM

7 different guys had 2 or more reception yesterday. The ball was spread around.

Molitoth
09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Once again, passes that any competent QB in the NFL should have made.
1 football half of non-shitty play has everyone believing in Cassel now? okay.

Molitoth
09-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Okay, so Cassel is golden now. Gonna bash on Baldwin instead!

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Once again, passes that any competent QB in the NFL should have made.
1 football half of non-shitty play has everyone believing in Cassel now? okay.

No thats not what everyone is saying... Cassel isnt the answer, but to make outlandish bullshit claims just to look cool is tiring...

Cassel play a decent half and a shit half. He isnt the answer by any means...

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Cassel isn't golden.

There are a lot of problems with this dumpster fire franchise and Baldwin is emerging as a new one.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 02:00 PM

:facepalm:

Saul Good
09-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Give up 40?

Blame Cassel.

CP

Molitoth
09-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Cassel isn't golden.

There are a lot of problems with this dumpster fire franchise and Baldwin is emerging as a new one.

Cassel has shown me nothing to put any trust in his decisions as an NFL QB, so therefore I do not trust his judgement that Baldwin is not getting open.

I don't expect you to, but if a .gif package comes along that proves Baldwin cannot get separation, then I will gladly eat crow.... I'm not taking Cassel's lack of getting him the balls action for it.

Cassel has a good half yesterday, I will give him that. Does Baldwin suck? I will wait to see if he starts dropping passes.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Cassel has shown me nothing to put any trust in his decisions as an NFL QB, so therefore I do not trust his judgement that Baldwin is not getting open.

I don't expect you to, but if a .gif package comes along that proves Baldwin cannot get separation, then I will gladly eat crow.... I'm not taking Cassel's lack of getting him the balls action for it.

Cassel can find 5'5" McCluster, but he can't see big ole Baldwin. Got it.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 02:07 PM

Cassel has a good half yesterday, I will give him that. Does Baldwin suck? I will wait to see if he starts dropping passes.

did baldwin even see the field?

and given the fact that our secondary is DII, I can see why Baldwin was the Training camp hero this year.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Cassel can find 5'5" McCluster, but he can't see big ole Baldwin. Got it.

Dexter is the best route runner on this team.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2012, 02:08 PM

Sadly, it appears to be. Perhaps the best hands as well.

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 02:09 PM

Best hands too

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Dude.

Baldwin isn't even running routes during pass plays.

He's not playing in games.

He is a huge dumpster fire at WR right now.

He played 12 snaps on passing plays yesterday.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Sadly, it appears to be. Perhaps the best hands as well.

IF you ever watch him in person. He is by far the best...

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Sadly? Give the guy credit, he's tough to handle in the slot and had a very good game against a team deep at corner. He's made some nice strides this offseason and it shows on the field.

jspchief
09-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Badwin can't beat Breaston for the #2 spot. Period.

Marcellus
09-10-2012, 07:15 PM

He's not the #4 WR.

So predictable it's sad Clay.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 07:17 PM
You know what's going to be predictable as this season goes on?

Dumping the ball to DMC.

Bring on the pick sixes.

Chiefaholic
09-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Be sure to post a picture of the authentic McCluster jersey before you put it in the mail. Once again you will be owned on your troll behavior.

BTW... You were also wrong on McCluster being on the field on 3rd down. Not only was he ON the field, he made the reception to convert a 1st.

Chiefaholic
09-10-2012, 08:00 PM
http://files.myopera.com/danieltowsey/blog/TrollSpray.jpg

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 09:33 PM
You're fucked now, Dex.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/615176_524741697542970_496656527_o.jpg

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 09:35 PM
BTW... You were also wrong on McCluster being on the field on 3rd down. Not only was he ON the field, he made the reception to convert a 1st.

Wrong.

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 09:39 PM
You're fucked now, Dex.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/615176_524741697542970_496656527_o.jpg

http://i.minus.com/iJZ27ifhAZsla.gif

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-10-2012, 09:39 PM
The little man is sooooo in somebody's head right now.

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 09:40 PM
You're ****ed now, Dex.

LMFAO

yes... that world famous Warpaint Illustrated jinx.

The little man is sooooo in somebody's head right now.

Rent free.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 09:42 PM
LMFAO

yes... that world famous Warpaint Illustrated jinx.

Rent free.

Jinxing players since 199never.

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Wrong.

Come on, bro.

3rd and 4 - (5:53) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 22-D.McCluster pushed ob at ATL 19 for 9 yards (20-B.Grimes).

3rd and 4 - (9:14) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short middle to 22-D.McCluster (56-S.Weatherspoon).

3rd and 14 - (2:35) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 22-D.McCluster to KC 31 for 15 yards (23-D.Robinson).

3rd and 22 - (7:40) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 22-D.McCluster to KC 38 for 13 yards (28-T.DeCoud).

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Owned.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-10-2012, 09:48 PM
This is just too much ownership. Reaching epic levels. Sweet thread.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Come on, bro.

3rd and 4 - (5:53) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 22-D.McCluster pushed ob at ATL 19 for 9 yards (20-B.Grimes).

3rd and 4 - (9:14) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass incomplete short middle to 22-D.McCluster (56-S.Weatherspoon).

3rd and 14 - (2:35) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 22-D.McCluster to KC 31 for 15 yards (23-D.Robinson).

3rd and 22 - (7:40) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 22-D.McCluster to KC 38 for 13 yards (28-T.DeCoud).

Dude, I never said Dex wouldn't be on the field for a third down.

I said THIRD AND ONE.

Try to keep up?

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Dude, I never said Dex wouldn't be on the field for a third down.

I said THIRD AND ONE.

Try to keep up?

http://i.minus.com/iNrmELX6CpQAf.gif

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Priceless.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Would you like to see the original post, morons?

I bet he's not even ON THE FIELD for a third and 1 this year.

BossChief
09-10-2012, 09:55 PM
DMC 86 yards receiving out of 600.

Jamaal Charles 16 touches out of 300. (on pace for 258)

Not looking too good for Clay, so far.

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 09:57 PM
There needs to be a rule about 18 assholes using the same animated .gif as an av.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Chiefs have to win 10 of their last 15 games for me to lose the real bet.

LOOKING GOOD FOR ME SO FAR

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Chiefs have to win 10 of their last 15 games for me to lose the real bet.

LOOKING GOOD FOR ME SO FAR

But if DMC catches a pass on 3rd and 1 you are done forever.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 09:59 PM

He has to catch it one yard past the first down marker.

And it has to be completely uncontested.

I'm safe.

Reerun_KC
09-10-2012, 10:01 PM
He just has to be on the field for 3rd and 1 right?

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-10-2012, 10:02 PM
I think he has to do a backflip over the LB then trampoline through the goal posts and into the crowd.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 10:03 PM
He just has to be on the field for 3rd and 1 right?

No.

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 10:03 PM
4th quarter
3rd and 1 - (12:52) 7-M.Cassel pass short left intended for 81-T.Moeaki INTERCEPTED by 54-S.Nicholas [93-R.Edwards] at KC 34. 54-S.Nicholas to KC 31 for 3 yards (81-T.Moeaki).

Hmmmmm DMC was probably on the field.. can't rewatch games on my direcTV app :(

I don't want you to leave forever ;) I just want to make you suffer. Stay alive, don't text and drive.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 10:05 PM
4th quarter
3rd and 1 - (12:52) 7-M.Cassel pass short left intended for 81-T.Moeaki INTERCEPTED by 54-S.Nicholas [93-R.Edwards] at KC 34. 54-S.Nicholas to KC 31 for 3 yards (81-T.Moeaki).

Hmmmmm DMC was probably on the field.. can't rewatch games on my direcTV app :(

Of course he wasn't. There's no reason for that midget to be on the field in short yardage.

http://i.imgur.com/FXz95.jpg

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Of course he wasn't. There's no reason for that midget to be on the field in short yardage.

Oh it'll happen!!!

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 10:07 PM
No... I quoted him earlier in this thread. DMC has to catch a pass past the LOS on 3rd and 1. He also has to catch the ball uncontested.

Basically, we are looking for a quick slant on 3rd and 1 where Dex isn't tackled as he catches the ball.

I can think of 2 or 3 times he was on the field on 3rd and 1. Twice for sure. He just didn't get the ball. It will happen though. :D

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 10:08 PM
No... I quoted him earlier in this thread. DMC has to catch a pass past the LOS on 3rd and 1. He also has to catch the ball uncontested.

Basically, we are looking for a quick slant on 3rd and 1 where Dex isn't tackled as he catches the ball.

Has to be a two-yard pass.

Has to be uncontested. No one trying to prevent the completion.

BigMeatballDave
09-10-2012, 10:09 PM
There needs to be a rule about 18 assholes using the same animated .gif as an av.

Join in the fun...

:D

BossChief
09-10-2012, 10:10 PM
I wonder who they cut tomorrow to make room for Hali.

Its probably gonna be someone that was inactive, but I think it should be Reeves, Oconnell or Eachus.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Better be that POS Reeves

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Can't cut Reeves.

Brown is worse.

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Has to be a two-yard pass.

Has to be uncontested. No one trying to prevent the completion.

No... you never said two yard pass.

"I'll leave CP forever if Dex catches an uncontested ball a yard past the first down marker on third and 1 in the regular season.

FOREVER."

He can be a quarter of an inch past the first down marker, catch the ball, turn around, get de-cleated, be confined to a wheelchair as a quadrapalegic... and you are gone. You said nothing about two yards.

Rausch
09-10-2012, 10:17 PM

"I'll leave CP forever if Dex catches an uncontested ball a yard past the first down marker on third and 1 in the regular season.

FOREVER."

He can be a quarter of an inch past the first down marker, turn around, get de-cleated, be confined to a wheelchair as a quadrapalegic... and you are gone. You said nothing about two yards.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/392/026/21b.jpg

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 10:19 PM

FOREVER."

He can be a quarter of an inch past the first down marker, catch the ball, turn around, get de-cleated, be confined to a wheelchair as a quadrapalegic... and you are gone. You said nothing about two yards.

Read it again, dumbass.

a yard past the first down marker on third and 1

That's a two yard pass. LMAO

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Also, you made no distinction as to whether it happened this year or three years down the line. You said... "in the regular season". I don't often bookmark the things people say when they are making a "bet" but I am making an exception for this one. :D

QuikSsurfer
09-10-2012, 10:20 PM
lol

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Read it again, dumbass.

That's a two yard pass. LMAO

**** you... I've been drinking. LOL

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Clay cant leave, what about all our GIFS? :(

Rausch
09-10-2012, 10:23 PM

He ain't the only motherfucker on the planet that can make moving pictures...

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 10:25 PM
He ain't the only mother****er on the planet that can make moving pictures...

No shit. I did the torrents of games for this board for a season and a half. Getting the video onto a computer then editing down to a .gif isn't rocket science. Ain't really nothing to it... just a matter of having the time.

L.A. Chieffan
09-10-2012, 10:26 PM
No shit. I did the torrents of games for this board for a season and a half. Getting the video onto a computer then editing down to a .gif isn't rocket science. Ain't really nothing to it... just a matter of having the time.

Exactly. And apparently he has all the time in the world

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Also, you made no distinction as to whether it happened this year or three years down the line.

He won't even be on the roster when Pioli is fired.

But go ahead. Bookmark it.

Dex does that at any point in the history of humankind, I'm GONE.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 10:33 PM

You are going to be upset when Pioli is not fired. You have built this light at the end of the tunnel situation that most likely doesn't exist.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 10:36 PM
You are going to be upset when Pioli is not fired. You have built this light at the end of the tunnel situation that most likely doesn't exist.

I have to believe in something.

If Clark is truly a businessman, he will fire the asshole costing him business.

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 10:39 PM

Done.

I'm curious. Why uncontested? If anything it would be more difficult, therefore unlikely, that he would make that catch? I understand that KC is built to run in that situation but it doesn't preclude them throwing. In fact, I would argue that if they do throw in that situation... the most likely target would be Dex in the slot.

Your best case scenario happens... who is the next GM?

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 10:41 PM

Lets say we had a good QB. Not great, but solid enough. Like Matt Schaub or something. Would you still feel he deserves to go? I am not saying you can ignore his fail at QB. Hell its the biggest fail possible. Just curious if you really think the stuff beyond Cassel is that bad.

pr_capone
09-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Lets say we had a good QB. Not great, but solid enough. Like Matt Schaub or something. Would you still feel he deserves to go? I am not saying you can ignore his fail at QB. Hell its the biggest fail possible. Just curious if you really think the stuff beyond Cassel is that bad.

We could have had a real QB.

Andy Dalton was there 9 picks later after Pioli picked Baldwin.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 10:50 PM

I am not saying we couldn't have or defending the Cassel situation one bit. Just saying that the rest of his moves are all made more negative because of his mistake at QB. Pioli just puts more pressure on his other moves by not fixing the one that could make his other moves slightly less meaningful.

aturnis
09-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Wrong.

How? According to ESPN.com, 5/6 of his catches came in the first three quarters, for 69yds. Also, 4/6 catches for 54yds came when the Chiefs were in the game trailing by 1-8 points. I'd guess another came when we were only down by 10.

aturnis
09-10-2012, 10:57 PM

I count 10 players, who's out of frame?

pr_capone
I am not saying we couldn't have or defending the Cassel situation one bit. Just saying that the rest of his moves are all made more negative because of his mistake at QB. Pioli just puts more pressure on his other moves by not fixing the one that could make his other moves slightly less meaningful.

Oh no... don't misunderstand, I think Pioli is heralded as a genius if Kasl was at least a Schaub or a Romo. Really, I only meant to quote "Lets say we had a good QB. Not great, but solid enough. Like Matt Schaub or something."

I had recently looked up the 2011 draft and reading your post made me lament what we could have had.

Count Zarth
I count 10 players, who's out of frame?

Moeaki is hiding.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Oh no... don't misunderstand, I think Pioli is heralded as a genius if Kasl was at least a Schaub or a Romo. Really, I only meant to quote "Lets say we had a good QB. Not great, but solid enough. Like Matt Schaub or something."

I had recently looked up the 2011 draft and reading your post made me lament what we could have had.

I hear you. I enjoyed the broadcast talking about the Falcons being able to get Ryan ahead of us.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 10:59 PM

Did you watch the game Sunday?

Pioli has blown 3 of his 4 first round picks:

Jackson
Baldwin
Poe

A bunch of fucking fail.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Did you watch the game Sunday?

Pioli has blown 3 of his 4 first round picks:

Jackson
Baldwin
Poe

A bunch of ****ing fail.

I will not agree to Poe or Baldwin. Not yet. Jackson is getting better but ever being a #3 player, no.

aturnis
09-10-2012, 11:01 PM

He doesn't post his media here anymore anyway. He has something going with Arrowhead Pride, and posts it over there. It is eventually linked by someone here though.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:02 PM
I will not agree to Poe or Baldwin. Not yet. Jackson is getting better but ever being a #3 player, no.

Keep waiting! Things will get better! LMAO

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:03 PM
He doesn't post his media here anymore anyway.

I've posted dozens of GIFs here since preseason started.

I'm not going anywhere, anyway.

We're not winning 10 games, and Dex isn't going to catch the magic dragon.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Keep waiting! Things will get better! LMAO

I am not saying they will be worth it, just that we don't know yet. If you want to say its enough for him to go so-be-it. I just think labeling Baldwin and Poe as busts already is stretching it to make your point, which is usually how you lose me on your points. Its usually not the take, its the way you try to make it thinking that stretching to make it bullet proof is more powerful than saying the truth and allowing a little grey area.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Baldwin can't even get on the field.

He's a massive bust at this point.

Hated the Poe pick, thought it was fucking stupid, and he hasn't disappointed so far.

So, again, we keep getting blown out, have no QB, and blow first round picks.

So there's the answer to your question. That's why he deserves to go.

Because he's a fucking gigantic failure as a GM.

Should I get more detailed?

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Baldwin can't even get on the field.

He's a massive bust at this point.

Hated the Poe pick, thought it was ****ing stupid, and he hasn't disappointed so far.

So, again, we keep getting blown out, have no QB, and blow first round picks.

So there's the answer to your question. That's why he deserves to go.

Because he's a ****ing gigantic failure as a GM.

Should I get more detailed?

You didn't need to even defend you answer, I was just asking if you feel his decisions have been bad or if the QB issue was making it all seem worse.

aturnis
09-10-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm curious. Why uncontested? If anything it would be more difficult, therefore unlikely, that he would make that catch? I understand that KC is built to run in that situation but it doesn't preclude them throwing. In fact, I would argue that if they do throw in that situation... the most likely target would be Dex in the slot.

This.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:18 PM
You didn't need to even defend you answer, I was just asking if you feel his decisions have been bad or if the QB issue was making it all seem worse.

Don't forget Haley and Romeo.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm curious. Why uncontested?

I was trying to make a point based on a bullshit catch he made in preseason.

The idea was that such a play would never occur in the regular season.

The defense literally allowed the Chiefs to convert a third and 1 with absolutely zero resistance.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Don't forget Haley and Romeo.

I didn't have an issue with Haley when he decided to try it. Kind of like Cassel. If he wanted to try him out fine. His mistakes started when he gave him the contract extension before he played a down for us and sticking with him ever since.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:20 PM
I didn't have an issue with Haley when he decided to try it. Kind of like Cassel. If he wanted to try him out fine.

LMAO

So you'd give a coach a multi-million dollar contract "just to try them out."

LMAO

The excuses people make for this regime are utterly fucking ridiculous.

As for Cassel, no one should trade a 2nd for a player "just to try them out."

Pioli's a dumbshit.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 11:23 PM
LMAO

So you'd give a coach a multi-million dollar contract "just to try them out."

LMAO

The excuses people make for this regime are utterly ****ing ridiculous.

As for Cassel, no one should trade a 2nd for a player "just to try them out."

Pioli's a dumbshit.

Who is making an excuse for Pioli. I am not defending him, just saying I didn't mind the original Haley signing. The "try them out" wasn't referring to Haley I just worded it wrong. People sign players all the time to see what they have. Its not like Cassel replaced a great QB his first year. You yourself have even said when Matt first got here you had some hope.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Yes you are. You are excusing the Haley hire.

There is no excuse for that dumpster fire of a hire.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Yes you are. You are excusing the Haley hire.

There is no excuse for that dumpster fire of a hire.

Saying I didn't hate the Haley hire doesn't mean I like Pioli. As usual you see things as black and white. Either you hate every move and make an excuse for the small good moves or you love them all. Thats not life. Pioli has made some good moves and some bad moves. Whats bad for us is that his bad moves have been major. Just because I don't blame him for his first coach hire doesn't mean I support the guy or defend him as a whole.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:28 PM
You yourself have even said when Matt first got here you had some hope.

That's because I thought he was good.

Pioli is paid more money than anyone else in the NFL to know what a player is.

No excuses.

He's fucking failed.

Coaching hires?

Fail.

QB position?

Fail.

High draft picks?

Fail.

He succeeded at one thing: duping Clark Hunt and stealing $25 million.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 11:29 PM

No excuses.

He's ****ing failed.

Coaching hires?

Fail.

QB position?

Fail.

High draft picks?

Fail.

I don't and never have disagreed with the point that his coach and QB hires have been fails.

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:31 PM
As usual you see things as black and white. Either you hate every move and make an excuse for the small good moves or you love them all.

Do I really have to answer this again?

I have given credit to Pioli many times. He has done some good things. Loved the 2011 draft. Free agency this year was a win (apart from Routt).

The bad outweighs the good.

So, you are wrong. Dead fucking wrong.

NJChiefsFan
09-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Do I really have to answer this again?

I have given credit to Pioli many times. He has done some good things. Loved the 2011 draft. Free agency this year was a win (apart from Routt).

The bad outweighs the good.

So, you are wrong. Dead ****ing wrong.

So if you can see it that way, why can't you see that me saying I didn't mind the Haley hiring is not me supporting Pioli as a whole, which is how this entire "argument" started.

Rausch
09-10-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm not going anywhere, anyway.

We know.

Stay classy...

Count Zarth
09-10-2012, 11:54 PM
So if you can see it that way, why can't you see that me saying I didn't mind the Haley hiring is not me supporting Pioli as a whole, which is how this entire "argument" started.

There's no argument. You asked me if I thought Pioli sucked beyond QB trades.

He does, and he doesn't get a pass for shitty coaching hires for any reason.

DBOSHO
09-10-2012, 11:57 PM

No excuses.

He's ****ing failed.

Coaching hires?

Fail.

QB position?

Fail.

High draft picks?

Fail.

Put the knife down.

NJChiefsFan
09-11-2012, 12:00 AM
There's no argument. You asked me if I thought Pioli sucked beyond QB trades.

He does, and he doesn't get a pass for shitty coaching hires for any reason.

Thats fine. Just don't label me as a Pioli apologist because I said that I didn't mind the Haley hiring at the time he made it. Certainly Pioli can be judged with hindsight more so than a fan can, because we aren't getting paid 3 million a year to be right the first time(or whatever he is getting paid).

Count Zarth
09-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Put the knife down.

Too late.

This regime is gushing from deep, ragged wounds.

They'll bleed out in a month.

NJChiefsFan
09-11-2012, 12:03 AM
Too late.

This regime is gushing from deep, ragged wounds.

They'll bleed out in a month.

I think he meant on yourself.

Count Zarth
09-11-2012, 12:06 AM
My enthusiasm for this team bled out a year ago.

NJChiefsFan
09-11-2012, 12:15 AM

I used to be jacked up as hell for games during the Vermeil era. Lose my voice in the 2nd quarter. Not sleep after a loss until Friday. Now horrible crap happens on the field and I don't feel as much as I used to. Losing for so many years numbs you, especially when your "successful" years were only about regular season victories.

Rausch
09-11-2012, 12:21 AM

:rolleyes:

Marcellus
09-11-2012, 06:01 AM

You sure spend a lot of time and energy here for someone who has no enthusiasm for the team.

Negativity is a form of energy. You spend all your time and energy being negative. Not a fun way to live.

JASONSAUTO
09-11-2012, 06:04 AM
Would you like to see the original post, morons?

He was. Check the game thread I mentioned it
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
09-11-2012, 06:35 AM
mccluster was in on 3rd and 1 at 1:38 PM on sunday

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 07:14 AM

Still not that impressed with that ginger

jd1020
09-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Still not that impressed with that ginger

Why not? He made the playoffs in his rookie season while being carried by the defense and going 1-6 against .500+ teams?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deberg_1990
09-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Why not? He made the playoffs in his rookie season while being carried by the defense and going 1-6 against .500+ teams?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meh....hes ok, but i dont see much upside to him. If hes better than Cassel, it isnt by much.
Remember, Cassel has lead a team to 11 and 10 win seasons before.

jd1020
09-11-2012, 07:25 AM
meh....hes ok, but i dont see much upside to him. If hes better than Cassel, it isnt by much.
Remember, Cassel has lead a team to 11 and 10 win seasons before.

I liked him pre-draft but I don't think he's shown anything in the NFL. He's been bad against good teams and good against bad teams. Thats fucking Cassel. Would you spend a first round pick on Cassel?

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 07:36 AM
This thread is a great example of moving goal posts... The ownage in here is priceless...

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-11-2012, 07:39 AM
I can just see the grimace on multiple poster's faces after every catch and first down he makes.

Count Zarth
09-11-2012, 01:31 PM
mccluster was in on 3rd and 1 at 1:38 PM on sunday

That's because they were running the no huddle.

He wasn't part of the play. It was a QB sneak.

BossChief
09-11-2012, 01:39 PM
I liked him pre-draft but I don't think he's shown anything in the NFL. He's been bad against good teams and good against bad teams. Thats fucking Cassel. Would you spend a first round pick on Cassel?

JFC

Dalton was a fucking rookie and Cassel is 30 years old.

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Bawahahahahahahaha

So now if you line up on the field and you dont get the ball youre not part of the play...

All those years of football I played, all the coaches I had, all the kids I have taught football over time, it only matters if you are part of the play...

I dont think I have heard anything more pathetic in my life. CP's child molester never ceases to amaze us with his football knowledge.

Count Zarth
09-11-2012, 01:44 PM
So now if you line up on the field and you dont get the ball youre not part of the play...

All those years of football I played, all the coaches I had, all the kids I have taught football over time, it only matters if you are part of the play...

He jogged about 3 steps as soon as the ball was snapped.

Didn't run a route, didn't block anyone, wasn't a decoy...

He wasn't part of the play.

BossChief
09-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Why do you keep calling him a child molester?

I can see having spirited arguments, but don't you think that's a little over the line?

Lets say someone came on here and called you a child molester 5 or 6 times...how would you take that?

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 01:52 PM
He jogged about 3 steps as soon as the ball was snapped.

Didn't run a route, didn't block anyone, wasn't a decoy...

He wasn't part of the play.

YET he was in on the play... I guess since you never played the game, you dont understand the concepts.

Count Zarth
09-11-2012, 01:53 PM
YET he was in on the play... I guess since you never played the game, you dont understand the concepts.

He was on the field because NO ONE left the field due to the hurry up offense. They didn't have a desire to change the package.

This isn't hard to understand...

Reerun_KC
09-11-2012, 01:56 PM
He was on the field because NO ONE left the field due to the hurry up offense. They didn't have a desire to change the package.

This isn't hard to understand...

You dont know what they were desiring....

Man you spout some funky shit.

Count Zarth
09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
You dont know what they were desiring....

Man you spout some funky shit.

Pretty clear what they were doing, dumbass: keeping the defense from changing to a short yardage package so they could easily run a QB sneak.