PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Late night bullshit: QB or OT?

Count Alex's Losses
08-21-2012, 01:27 AM
Oh yeah, I'm taking this shit over tonight.

Read these preseason stats and weep.

Nick Foles - 24 for 38, 361 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT

Kirk Cousins - 27 for 45, 338 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT

Russell Wilson - 22 for 33, 279 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 8 carries, 92 yards rushing

Player we drafted instead:

Donald Stephenson (taken one pick before Russell Wilson, 14 picks before Foles, 26 before Cousins).

So, given the fact that preseason has revealed the shit we have backing up Matt Cassel...would you rather have Foles, Cousins or Wilson as opposed to a very raw developmental OT?

Count Alex's Losses
08-21-2012, 01:43 AM
U mad?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1286686/foles2.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1289374/russeltd_medium.gif

http://i.imgur.com/atNej.gif

BossChief
08-21-2012, 01:48 AM
There was a time when Nick Foles could have been a high first rounder if he had stayed on the path he was on. At that point, he was a first round prospect and RG3 and Tannehill were barely on the radar to be first round guys.

That's how much difference a year makes in college football.

I still think a lot of the things he fell in the draft for (poor pro day...team wasnt a winner...can have long stretches where he only utilizes one side of the field) weren't necessarily his fault.

His defense sucked klingon dick
The coaching was predictable

Foles had a lot of games where he threw the team on his back, but it just wasn't enough.

Count Alex's Losses
08-21-2012, 02:15 AM
U mad?

http://i.imgur.com/gb1gC.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ttw9I.gif

http://i.imgur.com/M3YFS.gif

(Foles threw that 52 yards off his back foot)

Our starting QB can't make this play, let alone our 3rd stringer.

http://i.imgur.com/4e38k.gif

Munson
08-21-2012, 03:35 AM
All 3 of those rookies have better arms than Cassel could ever dream of. I would have been ok with Foles or Cousins. But we all know that Pioli will never bring in anybody who can seriously challenge his hand picked QB for the starting spot.

listopencil
08-21-2012, 04:40 AM
Bump

mcaj22
08-21-2012, 04:50 AM
Foles can ball

you have no idea how many Eagles fans are now on his bandwagon because 1) He's white and 2) Vick is hurt (yes, Pennsylvania is a very racist state). I'm not, but that outrageous Skip Bayless quote actually applies perfectly to majority of Eagles fans.

Munson
08-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Anybody who votes for Stephenson should be banned immediately. :harumph:

Phobia
08-21-2012, 05:17 AM
Still too early to tell for sure. The lineman could give us 12 years of solid line play. These rookie QB's might not ever even play a regular season game. It's preseason. Talk to me in 4 years.

JASONSAUTO
08-21-2012, 05:30 AM
U mad?

http://i.imgur.com/gb1gC.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ttw9I.gif

http://i.imgur.com/M3YFS.gif

(Foles threw that 52 yards off his back foot)

Our starting QB can't make this play, let alone our 3rd stringer.

http://i.imgur.com/4e38k.gif sure looked like he stepped into it to me
Posted via Mobile Device

spanky 52
08-21-2012, 05:32 AM
Stephenson better be a stud OT. Instead of giving the fans of this franchise some hope, Pioli is probably going to be giving Cassel a contract extension this year.

Otter
08-21-2012, 06:05 AM
Foles can ball

you have no idea how many Eagles fans are now on his bandwagon because 1) He's white and 2) Vick is hurt (yes, Pennsylvania is a very racist state). I'm not, but that outrageous Skip Bayless quote actually applies perfectly to majority of Eagles fans.

I'm originally from PA an Eagles fan in general are assholes. Hard core, above and beyond the norm assholes. I think it has very little to do with being racist and everything to do with letting Kolb go when he was catching fire for a QB that can't get the job he was hired to do done on top of the great expectations of last year only to flop and Andy Reid still being the head head coach.

As far as OP:

QB. From what I've seen of Cousins he may have RGIII sitting on the bench for a couple seasons and if the Skins are stupid enough to trade him please send him to the Chiefs.

BoneKrusher
08-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Stephenson better be a stud OT. Instead of giving the fans of this franchise some hope, Pioli is probably going to be giving Cassel a contract extension this year.

:clap:

Marcellus
08-21-2012, 06:47 AM
I read here that you had to draft a QB in the 1st round if you want to win a SB so this entire thread is fail.

Clay I believe you are one of the biggest proponents for 1st round QB or bust so you are once again flip flopping.

LTL
08-21-2012, 06:55 AM
Pioli has said from the time he was hired that he believes in taking a QB every year as it's good business. He needs to start practicing what he preaches as in 4 drafts he has taken 1. Even if they bomb so what, keep trying. If you like a QB but think someone is going to draft them before you, trade up, did it for a damn TE so no reason why he can't for a QB.

Give me the QB and I will found another OL to develop.

JASONSAUTO
08-21-2012, 06:55 AM
I read here that you had to draft a QB in the 1st round if you want to win a SB so this entire thread is fail.

Clay I believe you are one of the biggest proponents for 1st round QB or bust so you are once again flip flopping. yep any qb taken outside of the first is a burnt pick according to the general cp consensus
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020
08-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Still too early to tell for sure. The lineman could give us 12 years of solid line play. These rookie QB's might not ever even play a regular season game. It's preseason. Talk to me in 4 years.

Agreed.

Here we have Kevin Kolbs and Matt Flynns.

Foles is likely the only one to see the regular season any time soon because of Vicks brittle body coupled with his style of play.

Big Smoke
08-21-2012, 07:03 AM
I think Foles could shine in Philly if given a chance. If I'm the Eagles I'm feeling pretty stupid right now paying Vick all that money.

King_Chief_Fan
08-21-2012, 07:18 AM

Donald Stephenson (taken one pick before Russell Wilson, 14 picks before Foles, 26 before Cousins).

So, given the fact that preseason has revealed the shit we have backing up Matt Cassel...would you rather have Foles, Cousins or Wilson as opposed to a very raw developmental OT?

nice after the fact discovery...where are your posts on this position before the draft?

King_Chief_Fan
08-21-2012, 07:19 AM

Clay I believe you are one of the biggest proponents for 1st round QB or bust so you are once again flip flopping.

you act surprised

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Donald Stephenson was a good pick imo. He'll be a solid player. I would have loved to have drafted Russell Wilson but nobody thought he would go in the 3rd. We might have taken him in the 4th or 5th. Seattle just went out and got their guy. Foles and Cousins are going to suck imo. I'm glad we passed on them.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Andy Reid makes just about every QB look good. Then he trades them and they bust.

the Talking Can
08-21-2012, 07:42 AM
QBs are risky

Deberg_1990
08-21-2012, 07:49 AM

Dont give a sh*t. Preseason means absolutely nothing.

SNR
08-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Preseason stats mean nothing. Cousins and Foles are garbage.

Wilson is more intriguing, but I refused to vote QB if it meant even possibly drafting those two fucktards.

ChiefsCountry
08-21-2012, 09:14 AM
yep any qb taken outside of the first is a burnt pick according to the general cp consensus
Posted via Mobile Device

For a backup quarterback it would be fine but if you want to win a Super Bowl you need to have a first rounder.
Posted via Mobile Device

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Yep, last year Greg McElroy, the rookie from Alabama, topped all QBs in the preseason including Dalton and Newton. Then, he got hurt. I bet Dalton and Newton wouldn't have been able to touch him in the regular season if he had stayed healthy. LMAO

CoMoChief
08-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Andy Reid makes just about every QB look good. Then he trades them and they bust.

West coast offense generally does that.

JASONSAUTO
08-21-2012, 09:24 AM
For a backup quarterback it would be fine but if you want to win a Super Bowl you need to have a first rounder.
Posted via Mobile Device
We have a couple of them already, why draft another?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Yeahhhhh!!! Sucking off more preseason warriors that likely won't accomplish dick in the league.

HOW COULD WE PASS ON COLT BRENNAN LOOK WHAT HE'S DOIN IN PRESEASON OMG!!!

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-21-2012, 09:32 AM
The worst pick ever was when CP took Turk McBride over Ryan Kahlil. Every Chief's fan on the planet wanted kahlil and he's a pro bowler. McBride is probably barely hanging on somewhere. I am still pissed about that one.

LOCOChief
08-21-2012, 09:35 AM
U mad?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1286686/foles2.gif

]

This should have been a pick.

SNR
08-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Feeley/Kolb/Kafka can ball

you have no idea how many Eagles fans are now on his bandwagon because 1) He's white and 2) Vick is hurt (yes, Pennsylvania is a very racist state). I'm not, but that outrageous Skip Bayless quote actually applies perfectly to majority of Eagles fans.FYP.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-21-2012, 09:41 AM

That would have been a good one too. However, I get why we didn't take that one. Taking a QB from Deleware was risky.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Dejavu folks

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4888754&highlight=colt+brennan#post4888754

LOCOChief
08-21-2012, 09:45 AM
That would have been a good one too. However, I get why we didn't take that one. Taking a QB from Deleware was risky.

Hahahahaha

I'm talking about that pass that Clay gif'd, it should have been picked off all the defender had to do was turn and look.

But yeah I agree that pick would've have been good also. QB's are always unproven and risky unless they're names Luck.

RustShack
08-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Pioli wanted to wait another year and draft Steele Jantz instead.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Name your fantasy team Buns of Steele Jantz?

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Dejavu folks

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4888754&highlight=colt+brennan#post4888754

There is a big difference between Wilson and Breenan imo. Wilson came from a pro offense at Wisconsin. Not the spread. He had to line up behind the center and take the snaps. This meant he had to look over the o-line. Wisconsin had one of the biggest o-lines in the country and it wasn't a problem. Brennan only looked over the line through the shotgun. Also, and most importantly, Wilson won a ton of big games. He had the ability to bring Wisconsin back and did it multiple times. I watched Brennan shit his pants against UGA. I think Wilson will be in the league for a while and make it as a back up. He will be the next Sean King.

Count Alex's Losses
08-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Preseason stats mean nothing. Cousins and Foles are garbage.

Wilson is more intriguing, but I refused to vote QB if it meant even possibly drafting those two fucktards.

And yet we'd be fapping hard if Stanzi had shown the same things.

These rookie QBs are playing well. I'm jealous.

I did see Stephenson butt-tackle his own RB the other night, though!

Count Alex's Losses
08-21-2012, 10:33 AM

If you DON'T draft a QB in the first, you should probably take a chance on one later in the draft, no?

If you don't have a QB you should be trying to find one every year, IMO.

loochy
08-21-2012, 10:37 AM
U mad?

Not really. He'd never play here anyway.

Chiefnj2
08-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Looks like Wilson will get a shot at KC's #1 D this week.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-21-2012, 01:19 PM
If you DON'T draft a QB in the first, you should probably take a chance on one later in the draft, no?

If you don't have a QB you should be trying to find one every year, IMO.

I agree. I think we should be drafting a new one every year. Or, at least every other year. It's more about quantity than quality imo. Drafting quarterbacks is such a crapshoot. If you take one every year, sooner or later you are going to hit on one.

beach tribe
08-21-2012, 01:25 PM
I wanted Foles.

SNR
08-21-2012, 01:26 PM
And yet we'd be fapping hard if Stanzi had shown the same things.

These rookie QBs are playing well. I'm jealous.
Foles and Cousins aren't playing behind Matt fucking Cassel.

beach tribe
08-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I think I'll wait till they do something in an actual game against 1s before I start sucking anyone's dick.
I made a case for Foles a few times before the draft though, and got mostly negative responses.

beach tribe
08-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Dejavu folks

I'm pretty sure this happens every year with guys playing against scrubs.

beach tribe
08-21-2012, 01:32 PM

If only the CB were tallerROFL

LOCOChief
08-21-2012, 01:36 PM
If only the CB were tallerROFL

Maybe, or turned and looked for the ball since it was underthrown.

mcaj22
08-21-2012, 01:42 PM
id rather a preseason warrior that's just a step up above from the crap we got in a bunch of training camp warriors that show nothing in even a preseason game... i.e Jon Baldwin, Jalil Brown, turds, etc

lcarus
08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah i was really hoping for Foles. I didnt care about trading for Tannehill like some did. I wanted to grab Foles or Wilson.

mr. tegu
08-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Looks like Wilson will get a shot at KC's #1 D this week.

I just saw that as well. We better come out and destroy him.

whoman69
08-21-2012, 02:04 PM

Good point. Depending on what team is out there, it may not be any more impressive than a good outing by an Arena league QB.

Fritz88
08-21-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't think I ever remember Cassel making such a throw.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Why should I care what some backup QB from another team is all about?

Oh...I forgot; we like to acquire and overpay them.

mr. tegu
08-21-2012, 02:34 PM
I don't think I ever remember Cassel making such a throw.

It was a jump ball thrown to an area in a preseason game. Big effing deal.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Dont give a sh*t. Preseason means absolutely nothing.

That's right. Stanzi's a Pro Bowler. His play doesn't mean anything.

Setsuna
08-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Looking at these guys makes me sort of doubt Stanzi. Just a tad though. I'm thinking Stanzi won't cut his hair until he becomes the starter.....:shrug:

I do wish the Jags drafted a QB instead of bringing in brokedick Henne. He has been horrific in preseason. Carson Palmer's little bro is outplaying him.

SNR
08-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah i was really hoping for Foles. I didnt care about trading for Tannehill like some did. I wanted to grab Foles or Wilson.

You're just a terrible person.

Foles fucking sucks.

Hoover
08-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Wait, yesterday we were bitching because we should have drafted more safety depth than Stephenson. So which is it, QB or S?

SNR
08-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Wait, yesterday we were bitching because we should have drafted more safety depth than Stephenson. So which is it, QB or S?

Safety. These guys clamoring for us to draft a QB this year are using their 50/50 hindsight to claim 20/20 odds on a bunch of diamond dozen QBs.

All the QBs in this year's draft were fucking garbage beyond Luck, RGIII, and Tannehill. I wouldn't have wanted any of them. I still don't. Yeah, some of them are nice developmental prospects. The problem is our current roster is already nothing but developmental prospects. The only real way to draft a guy at this point for the Chiefs is to take a REAL prospect in the first round. One guy who will take under a year to be comfortable in the starting position and only three or four years to reach his full potential.

Foles/Assweiler/Cousins/Lindley/Davis/Any other cum dumpster is NOT the kind of QB we need on this roster.

Dave Lane
08-21-2012, 04:50 PM
I liked Foles, Weeden and Wilson. Hell I'd have been happy with Lindley just to try someone.

Count Alex's Losses
08-21-2012, 05:23 PM
It was a jump ball thrown to an area in a preseason game. Big effing deal.

LMAO

You see the pass Cassel threw to Baldwin the other night in the same situation?

Utter shit.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-21-2012, 08:41 PM

It does. I just remembered that one specifically for some reason.

Count Alex's Losses
08-21-2012, 08:42 PM

Yeah, just not with our QBs.

Simplicity
08-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Pre-season. Who duh **** cares???

Simplicity
08-21-2012, 08:59 PM

omg omg omg Cassel sucks omg omg omg Quinn sucks omg omg omg Stanzi sucks omg omg omg I'm ghey. /Clay
Do you ever stfu?

Hoover
08-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Safety. These guys clamoring for us to draft a QB this year are using their 50/50 hindsight to claim 20/20 odds on a bunch of diamond dozen QBs.

All the QBs in this year's draft were fucking garbage beyond Luck, RGIII, and Tannehill. I wouldn't have wanted any of them. I still don't. Yeah, some of them are nice developmental prospects. The problem is our current roster is already nothing but developmental prospects. The only real way to draft a guy at this point for the Chiefs is to take a REAL prospect in the first round. One guy who will take under a year to be comfortable in the starting position and only three or four years to reach his full potential.

Foles/Assweiler/Cousins/Lindley/Davis/Any other cum dumpster is NOT the kind of QB we need on this roster.
I'm with ya.

I'm an o-line homer, but after selecting Allen I thought the pick of Stephenson was a luxury we could not afford. A QB in the 3rd makes no sense since we already have an untested developmental QB on the roster. I think the pick should have been a DB or maybe an inside LB.

jd1020
08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm with ya.

I'm an o-line homer, but after selecting Allen I thought the pick of Stephenson was a luxury we could not afford. A QB in the 3rd makes no sense since we already have an untested developmental QB on the roster. I think the pick should have been a DB or maybe an inside LB.

This team desperately needed depth. Stephenson wasn't a luxury. Allen (G) is Lilja's replacement and Stephenson (T) is a swing tackle.

Shogun
08-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Linebacker/Secondary in the 1st/2nd

Setsuna
08-21-2012, 09:18 PM

All the QBs in this year's draft were ****ing garbage beyond Luck, RGIII, and Tannehill. I wouldn't have wanted any of them. I still don't. Yeah, some of them are nice developmental prospects. The problem is our current roster is already nothing but developmental prospects. The only real way to draft a guy at this point for the Chiefs is to take a REAL prospect in the first round. One guy who will take under a year to be comfortable in the starting position and only three or four years to reach his full potential.

LOL you must be on crack. Don't ever put the 2 year project Tannehill on par with Luck and RGIII. GTFO dude. Seriously eat a dick.

barry_smilez20
08-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Files won't do shit in this league.

Hoover
08-21-2012, 09:30 PM
I think RGIII will be a bust, glad we didn't mortgage the future on him. Luck? Any day of the week.

SNR
08-21-2012, 10:32 PM
LOL you must be on crack. Don't ever put the 2 year project Tannehill on par with Luck and RGIII. GTFO dude. Seriously eat a dick.

I didn't say he was on par with them, retard.

He's a shitload better than fucking Nick Foles, though

notorious
08-21-2012, 10:38 PM
I had little hope for the upcoming season. We all know what the end result is going to be.

Drafting one of those long shots would have at least gave us hope for the future. As it stands now, my optimism is pretty tame.

T-post Tom
08-21-2012, 10:49 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1305813-kansas-city-chiefs-missed-opportunity-by-passing-on-kirk-cousins-and-nick-foles

SNR
08-21-2012, 10:52 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1305813-kansas-city-chiefs-missed-opportunity-by-passing-on-kirk-cousins-and-nick-foles

LMAO Fucking unbelievable. What a fucking moron.

Count Alex's Losses
08-21-2012, 10:57 PM
LMAO Fucking unbelievable. What a fucking moron.

That's the same asshole who wrote that bullshit about Cassel being an MVP candidate.

Fucking thief.

Dayze
08-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Files won't do shit in this league.

They'll probably just chalk it up as file him away

Frankie
08-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Foles can ball

you have no idea how many Eagles fans are now on his bandwagon....

Is Kafka available?

T-post Tom
08-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Is Kafka available?

"One can disintegrate the world by means of very strong light. For weak eyes the world becomes solid, for still weaker eyes it seems to develop fists, for eyes weaker still it becomes shamefaced and smashes anyone who dares to gaze upon it."

Pawnmower
08-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Its not like one of those three QB's would be 1) starting in 2012 or 2) QBOTF....so fuck it....I mean with hind sight anything is possible...

I dont recall a huge Cousins crazy back in april....

Unless you are Captain HindSight these kinds of things are meaningless.

Ask The NFL if they could do-over if they would take Brady, Montana or Rodgers

SNR
08-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Everybody throw an apple at Frankie

BossChief
08-22-2012, 12:16 AM
I'll tell you this much...

I'd give you Stephenson and Poe for Tannehill in a fucking heartbeat.

BossChief
08-22-2012, 12:26 AM
14 pick = 1100 points
45 pick = 450 points

11 pick = 1250 points
74 = 220 points

6 pick = 1600 draft value points
7 pick = 1500

NJChiefsFan
08-22-2012, 12:30 AM

Not to be a dick but its "dime a dozen", unless its a CP thing I don't know about.

Count Alex's Losses
08-22-2012, 02:17 AM
I'll tell you this much...

I'd give you Stephenson and Poe for Tannehill in a fucking heartbeat.

http://theonceandfuturecoffeeaddict.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/tumblr_m6iaf2s7bp1qev756.jpg

dmahurin
08-22-2012, 02:42 AM

http://s12.postimage.org/5v8mai44d/Randy_Quaid1.jpg

Count Alex's Losses
08-22-2012, 02:53 AM
That's truly outstanding.

dmahurin
08-22-2012, 03:00 AM
That's truly outstanding.

Its the best I could with Microsoft paint and 5 minutes.

Rausch
08-22-2012, 05:32 AM

This guy is dedrater backwards and forwards but he's got a point...

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Finally watched the second half last night. What is the problem with Stephenson? He played well. I'm not sure why he is getting killed? Stanzi held the ball forever and was responsibile for at least 3 out of 4 of those sacks.

Rausch
08-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Finally watched the second half last night. What is the problem with Stephenson? He played well. I'm not sure why he is getting killed? Stanzi held the ball forever and was responsibile for at least 3 out of 4 of those sacks.

I was all on Stanzi but he $#it the bed (and I'm a Stanzi pimp.)

He's fucking Trent Green in year 1. We're all screaming at the screen for him to get rid of it.

I love his touch and accuracy but his "game awareness" is total $#it.

It could improve in time just like Green's did but he's just not no 2 this year...

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-22-2012, 07:18 AM

A couple slapdick QB's lit up a defense full of Applebee's servers. CP overreaction gene kicks in and causes full retard.

noa
08-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Not to be a dick but its "dime a dozen", unless its a CP thing I don't know about.

I think the 50/50 hindsight and 20/20 odds should have set off your sarcasm meter
Posted via Mobile Device

kcmaxwell
08-22-2012, 08:57 AM
omg omg omg Cassel sucks omg omg omg Quinn sucks omg omg omg Stanzi sucks omg omg omg I'm ghey. /Clay
Do you ever stfu?

This times forever.

Frankie
08-22-2012, 09:18 AM
"One can disintegrate the world by means of very strong light. For weak eyes the world becomes solid, for still weaker eyes it seems to develop fists, for eyes weaker still it becomes shamefaced and smashes anyone who dares to gaze upon it."

LOL, I was just wondering. I remember seeing Kafka in a game a couple of years ago and he stuck to my mind as having poise and accuracy. That's why I asked. If he's cut, and if we signed him for a look where do you think he'd rank in our current QB hierarchy?

Frankie
08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Everybody throw an apple at Frankie

Yeah, the latest iPod would be nice. :D

Frankie
08-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Its the best I could with Microsoft paint and 5 minutes.

Sense of scale has nothing to do with how limited your software is. :)

buddha
08-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Foles is a stud.

Based on the Rams game, I would have waived Stanzi already...he collapses if pressure is anywhere close to him. He throws a beautiful ball, but is a mouse when it comes to courage and grit.

Shit the undrafted kid the Rams had from Southern Miss looks much better than Stanzi, and Brady Q. for that matter.

The next person who pushes for Stanzi to get more playing time needs to have about 30 socks shoved down his throat and be dumped off of a bridge.

Yes...I'm pissed that we didn't get Foles...AND that we've wasted so much f'ing time giving any practice reps to Stanzi. All of you Iowa homers...STFU!

buddha
08-22-2012, 09:58 AM
BTW, Stephenson will be just fine...I still think he is going to be a player. The puss from Illinois is the one who was getting thrown around like a rag doll out there.

Count Alex's Losses
08-22-2012, 10:01 AM
.he collapses if pressure is anywhere close to him.

This is not true.

The only play where Stanzi collapsed was the fumble, AND HE HAD A GUY SLAMMING A HAND IN HIS FACEMASK.

I have posted GIFs before of Stanzi getting pressured and still completing passes.

Shit, he got hit on that beautiful pass to Maneri against Arizona.

Literally the worst thing I have seen Stanzi do this preseason was hold the ball too long once. He's not starting material but he is worthy of a roster spot as our #3.

SNR
08-22-2012, 10:14 AM
EVERYONE ELSE'S 3RD STRING QB HAS A 4000 YARD PASSING SEASON AND THROWS FOR 34 TDS EVERY PRESEASON. OURS IS A 2ND YEAR 5TH ROUND DRAFT PICK RAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEE!!!!!!1111

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 10:38 AM
I called it on Foles. Check the draft forum.

L.A. Chieffan
08-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Q

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259142

Frankie
08-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Based on the Rams game, I would have waived Stanzi already...he collapses if pressure is anywhere close to him. He throws a beautiful ball, but is a mouse when it comes to courage and grit.

Exactly the reason I'm happy some of you 'fans' are not in the Chiefs FO or the coaching staff. Waive the kid with the possible upside and a history of bouncing back from mistakes based on one bad game. Keep the POS former first rounder who has already proven he has no business in the NFL! :facepalm:

Chiefnj2
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM
A large part of the problem is that the backup OL generally sucks and doesn't give the backups much time. Last year both Stanzi and Palko were scrambling on 50+% of their pass attempts. Although Stanzi was holding onto the ball too long this past week, he still didn't have much time, and at most should have just thrown the ball away.

Frankie
08-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Foles is a stud.

I called it on Foles. Check the draft forum.

I was high on Foles as late as the late college season of 2011. After watching him in one regular season game and then the pre-draft post-season he dropped sharply in my book. Having said that, I believe he has some chance of developing in the NFL. BUT DUDEs,... let's not crown him the next Tom Brady based on a preseason game.