PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Marshawn lynch out

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 02:27 PM
No Lynch, no Flynn.

Our D better look awesome.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4186&line=238665&spln=1

Marshawn Lynch is expected to miss the Seahawks' third preseason game with a back injury.

Lynch has only missed two practices and there are no indications the injury is serious. His absence Friday night against Kansas City would figure to be precautionary.

Lynch looked terrific in Seattle's second preseason game, carrying six times for 37 yards against Denver. He has cut some weight and appears quicker this season.

Micjones
08-23-2012, 02:29 PM
I read this far too quickly.
I saw "cut".

KCtotheSB
08-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Russell Wilson will be doing his best Joe Montana impersonation in order to make us all question this team....AGAIN.

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Wilson beat out Flynn it seems so to use that as a reason is inaccurate. Although we better look awesome regardless.

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Wilson beat out Flynn it seems so to use that as a reason is inaccurate.

Um, no.

Flynn is their starter.

saphojunkie
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Um, no.

Flynn is their starter.

This is a prediction, I take it? Because Wilson is starting.

Flynn isn't "out.". He's been outplayed by Wilson.

scorpio
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Russell Wilson's going to shit in your hat and make you wear it.

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
No, they're just giving Wilson a shot with the starters.

They gave Flynn a 3-year, $26 million contract, he's not riding the bench.

Even if monkeys fly out of my butt and Wilson is their starter, getting our D toasted by a rookie will not be a positive in any way. We should dominate this team's offense. Their best WR is TO for crying out loud.

PGM
08-23-2012, 03:33 PM

He's not in Denver any more

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter #Seahawks QB job is "out of (Matt Flynn's) hands" at this pt. Wilson will start if he plays well Friday.

saphojunkie
08-23-2012, 03:40 PM

Even if monkeys fly out of my butt and Wilson is their starter, getting our D toasted by a rookie will not be a positive in any way. We should dominate this team's offense. Their best WR is TO for crying out loud.

They will play the guy who wins. Period.

Who said anything about the D getting toasted? Oh that's right. It was - shockingly - you.

-King-
08-23-2012, 03:41 PM

They wouldn't have Wilson start the most important preseason game if he didn't have a legit shot at starting.
Posted via Mobile Device

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah it's pretty clear, regardless of salary, Wilson has earned the opportunity to be the starter. It's not like he beat out some experienced QB in Flynn. They will play the best guy. That being said, there is still no reason for our defense to not destroy their offense.

Von Dumbass
08-23-2012, 04:08 PM
He's not playing against Denver's 3rd team anymore

FYP

Bump
08-23-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't think that DJ, Tamba and EB want to get embarrassed again. We are gonna dominate their offense for the first half.

the Talking Can
08-23-2012, 04:14 PM
so that's what a real QB competition looks like

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter #Seahawks QB job is "out of (Matt Flynn's) hands" at this pt. Wilson will start if he plays well Friday.

Shit.

Fuck.

I got owned.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 04:29 PM

yup

It sucks being lied to.

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 04:31 PM
yup

It sucks being lied to.

Scott Pioliar.

-King-
08-23-2012, 04:39 PM

Wait, a competition between a 7th rounder and a 5th rounder is suddenly a real QB competition?

Don't we already have that? ROFL

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Wait, a competition between a 7th rounder and a 5th rounder is suddenly a real QB competition?

No, Cassel's status as our starter was never in question. He was the only option as our starter since January or February, when Pioli gave him a blowjob in public.

-King-
08-23-2012, 04:43 PM
No, Cassel's status as our starter was never in question. He was the only option as our starter since January or February, when Pioli gave him a blowjob in public.

Well maybe if Stanzi would play better, it would be in question. Flynns status was never in question until Wilson played well. Shit, your evidence of that. In this same thread you thought that Flynns status was never in question.

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Well maybe if Stanzi would play better, it would be in question.

Negatory. Pioli loves him some Matt Cassel, hence he declared his love for him as our starter in February.

-King-
08-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Negatory. Pioli loves him some Matt Cassel, hence he declared his love for him as our starter in February.

Sure.

DTLB58
08-23-2012, 04:59 PM

:clap: Quote of the day.

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Sure.

Well, yes.

Pioli has no interest in dethroning King Cassel.

the Talking Can
08-23-2012, 05:01 PM

no, we didn't

-King-
08-23-2012, 05:08 PM
no, we didn't

Cassel 7th rounder

Stanzi 5th rounder

-King-
08-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Well, yes.

Pioli has no interest in dethroning King Cassel.

And it looks like he made a good decision seeing as how Cassel is much better than Quinn and Stanzi.

the Talking Can
08-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Cassel 7th rounder

Stanzi 5th rounder

what competition?

please elaborate....links, reports, qoutes

pimpchief
08-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Cassel 7th rounder

Stanzi 5th rounder

stanzi was a 6th rounder

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 05:18 PM
And it looks like he made a good decision seeing as how Cassel is much better than Quinn and Stanzi.

It was a flawless decision by him to bring in shit QBs that would never, ever have a chance of dethroning Cassel.

-King-
08-23-2012, 05:32 PM
It was a flawless decision by him to bring in shit QBs that would never, ever have a chance of dethroning Cassel.

Sure.

pimpchief
08-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Well, it's not like cassel is a complete push over. Everybody has bad years. Wouldn't make sense to bring in a top 15 qb to compete with a top 15 qb. And there is nothing better than atop 15 qb he could've gotten recently.

the Talking Can
08-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Well, it's not like cassel is a complete push over. Everybody has bad years. Wouldn't make sense to bring in a top 15 qb to compete with a top 15 qb. And there is nothing better than atop 15 qb he could've gotten recently.

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Cassel isn't a top 15 QB. Just off the top of my head:

Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
Rodgers
Rivers
Eli Manning
Flacco
Newton
Romo
Cutler
Peyton Manning
Ryan
Schaub
Vick
Stafford

Dalton and Bradford are two more that could be argued.

Saccopoo
08-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Robert Turbin has looked really good this preseason for the Seahawks.

pimpchief
08-23-2012, 06:11 PM

Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
Rodgers
Rivers
Eli Manning
Flacco
Newton
Romo
Cutler
Peyton Manning
Ryan
Schaub
Vick
Stafford

You really think vick romo shaub and Ryan are better starting options than cassel? That's not smart. And I thought you were the big cassel fan around here. Id rather send out matt than broke neck as well.

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
:facepalm:You really think vick romo shaub and Ryan are better starting options than cassel? That's not smart. And I thought you were the big cassel fan around here. Id rather send out matt than broke neck as well.

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 06:17 PM
pimpchief, I'm going to report you to the authorities.

the Talking Can
08-23-2012, 06:17 PM
You really think vick romo shaub and Ryan are better starting options than cassel? That's not smart. And I thought you were the big cassel fan around here. Id rather send out matt than broke neck as well.

what fucking turnip truck did you fall out of?

oh wait....mult

jd1020
08-23-2012, 06:26 PM

Brady
Brees
Roethlisberger
Rodgers
Rivers
Eli Manning
Flacco
Newton
Romo
Cutler
Peyton Manning
Ryan
Schaub
Vick
Stafford

I don't think you can argue Bradford. He's been one of the worst QB's in the league since he entered, like bottom 3 worst. He was decent in an offense that was designed so he couldn't fuck it up. Last year was bad. This year they are going back to that quit hitter type offense. We'll see how he does. If you were taking Bradford over Cassel you'd be taking age and potential over quality.

Douche Baggins
08-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Bottom 3 worst? Whatever.

Sure, he was shit last year, but still only threw 6 INT.

His rookie year was very good.

Any QB with talent and potential > Cassel.

Cassel is literally a waste of our time.

pimpchief
08-23-2012, 06:50 PM
He's better than atanzi quinn palko and orton.

LOCOChief
08-23-2012, 07:48 PM

what?

PGM
08-23-2012, 08:35 PM
FYP

Maybe they could finish better than 24th in the league?

-King-
08-23-2012, 08:38 PM

Crawl back into that hole you were lurking from.

Chiefshrink
08-23-2012, 09:34 PM

Yep ! And I even had him earning his way to the No.1 spot even IF Lynch was not hurt because he has played that good. And why I would suggest to all my fellow FF players to get this guy in the later rounds. He will be a great sleeper pick.

milkman
08-23-2012, 09:51 PM

Holy.....?!?!?!

My lord.

I am just dumbfounded.

Cassel better than Schaub?

Cassel better than Ryan?

Cassel better than Vick?

Wow.

Just Wow.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Holy.....?!?!?!

My lord.

I am just dumbfounded.

Cassel better than Ryan?

Cassel better than Vick?

Wow.

Just Wow.

he must have gotten beaten about the head by a few too many johns

Chiefshrink
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Holy.....?!?!?!

My lord.

I am just dumbfounded.

Cassel better than Ryan?

Cassel better than Vick?

Wow.

Just Wow.

You must have had a therapy session today because you are showing great patience and control over your normally impulsive hot temper. Good Job !!:clap:

pimpchief
08-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Holy.....?!?!?!

My lord.

I am just dumbfounded.

Cassel better than Ryan?

Cassel better than Vick?

Wow.

Just Wow.

Vick and Shaub can't start healthy at all. Cassel usually can besides last year. And yes, he's better than Ryan. Ryan has a monster around him and is still garbage.

Direckshun
08-23-2012, 10:29 PM
I don't think you can argue Bradford. He's been one of the worst QB's in the league since he entered, like bottom 3 worst. He was decent in an offense that was designed so he couldn't **** it up. Last year was bad. This year they are going back to that quit hitter type offense. We'll see how he does. If you were taking Bradford over Cassel you'd be taking age and potential over quality.

What.

The hell.

Are you smoking.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Vick and Shaub can't start healthy at all. Cassel usually can besides last year. And yes, he's better than Ryan. Ryan has a monster around him and is still garbage.

has cassel played a full year ever?

hell has he played ANY game at an elite level?

pimpchief
08-23-2012, 10:39 PM
has cassel played a full year ever?

hell has he played ANY game at an elite level?

Quite a few. So hating. He threw 27 tds to 7 ints in 2010. That's elite.

Chiefs=Good
08-23-2012, 10:46 PM

LMAO

Coach
08-23-2012, 10:47 PM

That's in 2010.... two years ago... which practically means nothing in 2012.

I kind of wonder if you're a few puppies short of running a pet store?

milkman
08-23-2012, 10:58 PM

If you put together a list of all other numbers that Cassel has put together, and that has been done here, then you would see that that "27/7" is an illusion.

If you think that Cassel is elite, then I have some prime ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

PM me if you're interested.

JASONSAUTO
08-23-2012, 11:20 PM
If you put together a list of all other numbers that Cassel has put together, and that has been done here, then you would see that that "27/7" is an illusion.

If you think that Cassel is elite, then I have some prime ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

PM me if you're interested.

but will you post it for all to see?

Munson
08-23-2012, 11:31 PM

9 for 18
70 yards
0 TD's
3 INT's

Those are the stats for his elite playoff performance against the Ravens. :banghead:

Assud
08-24-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't think Cassel is to blame for all the Chiefs misfortunes. His career QB rating is 82.5, where as a 'legend' like John Elways career QB rating is a pedestrian 79.9. I know numbers mean next to jack shit, but seriously, the Chiefs have always sucked. The blame should be put on the ownership and not the poor bastard(s) who has to suffer through it.

This year it looks like they're trying. This is the best team Cassel has been on since the Pats in '08. I think it'd be more than fair to give him one more year before we place judgement on the guy.

As far as the Seahawks go, the defense is stacked. It's one of the better units in the league. Lynch is a beast, period. Wilson will beat out Flynn, who is another product of an amazing system. Even with all that, my home team will probably not break the .500 mark this year. Expect big things from the Chickenhawks next season, supposing Pete survives another off season.

RINGLEADER
08-24-2012, 12:05 AM
I don't think Cassel is to blame for all the Chiefs misfortunes. His career QB rating is 82.5, where as a 'legend' like John Elways career QB rating is a pedestrian 79.9. I know numbers mean next to jack shit, but seriously, the Chiefs have always sucked. The blame should be put on the ownership and not the poor bastard(s) who has to suffer through it.

I thought Cassel has looked good on almost every throw this season, except that one made under pressure that sailed over Jamaal Charles in the Cardinals game and those two he threw too low and got batted down against the Rams.

Come to think of it, those are the only incompletions he's thrown this pre-season.

But I do really like the zip he's been showing on some of his passes. Hopefully, he keeps it up.

Assud
08-24-2012, 12:11 AM
I thought Cassel has looked good on almost every throw this season, except that one made under pressure that sailed over Jamaal Charles in the Cardinals game and those two he threw too low and got batted down against the Rams.

Come to think of it, those are the only incompletions he's thrown this pre-season.

But I do really like the zip he's been showing on some of his passes. Hopefully, he keeps it up.

He has the tools to work with, now it's time for him to step up and show us he's worth all that money.

Douche Baggins
08-24-2012, 12:14 AM

Matt Ryan, you numbskull, broke the franchise record for passing yards last season.

Assud
08-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Vick, Shaub, Romo and Ryan are all much better QBs than Cassel, if all you're looking at is their numbers. There is no arguing that fact. Romo and Ryan are the only QBs on that list I would feel comfortable on my team, however. The other two just can't stay healthy! What's the point in being so good when you can't stay healthy for a season?

Edit: Also I suppose wins come into account when comparing those four to Cassel.

pimpchief
08-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Matt Ryan, you numbskull, broke the franchise record for passing yards last season.

No he didn't. Dude, my dad knows people in the nfl. I'm not stupid.

Douche Baggins
08-24-2012, 12:33 AM
No he didn't. Dude, my dad knows people in the nfl. I'm not stupid.

The fuck?

Falcons franchise records

Most 4th quarter comeback wins in a single season: 5 (2010)[57]
Most game winning drives in a single season: 6 (2010)[57]
Fewest interceptions in a regular season by starting QB — 9 (2010) (16 starts)[57]
Most wins in a regular season by a starting QB: 13 (2010)[57]
Most passing yards in a regular season: 4,177 (2011)[57]
Best career quarterback rating for starting QB: 88.4[57]
Most wins by starting QB in his first four seasons: 43[57]

Matt Ryan might be the best QB in Falcons history before it's all said and done.

Like I said, he broke the franchise record for passing yards last season. And he's only 27.

Assud
08-24-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm going to call either ignorance, or troll (a really -bad- troll) on Pimpchief.

Ugh. It wont let me post the link!! You guys must have a lot of shitty noobs.

Google this: "all time passing record falcons" and click the first gorrdamn link. Matt Ryan holds the top two spots, so he's beat it not once, but twice!

milkman
08-24-2012, 05:16 AM

This year it looks like they're trying. This is the best team Cassel has been on since the Pats in '08. I think it'd be more than fair to give him one more year before we place judgement on the guy.

As far as the Seahawks go, the defense is stacked. It's one of the better units in the league. Lynch is a beast, period. Wilson will beat out Flynn, who is another product of an amazing system. Even with all that, my home team will probably not break the .500 mark this year. Expect big things from the Chickenhawks next season, supposing Pete survives another off season.

With all that talent in New England, he was still a one read and dump off QB.

He still had more than twice as many sacks in one season as Tom Brady in the two seasons before and after combined.

He's 30 years old, he's been a starter for 4 years, and he still is aone read and dump off QB.

He isn't an elite QB.
He isn't a franchise QB.

Elite QBs can go through their progressions.
Franchise QBs go through their progressions.

Matt Cassel goes through his underwear.

Saccopoo
08-24-2012, 10:17 PM

Truth.

scorpio
08-24-2012, 10:18 PM

Bowser
08-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Truth.

Seriously. I really, really wante dthe Chiefs to grab him.

And the fact we took Donald Stephenson one pick before Seattle took Russell Wilson makes me :facepalm: