PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How are we supposed to draft a QB next year?

RunKC
08-23-2012, 09:31 PM
This team is winning 7 games despite Cassel. There's just too much talent.

So...just curious on how are we supposed to get this said "first round QB" when we'll probably draft in the middle teens (early twenties if everything goes perfectly).

Pioli would be stupid to trade Bowe.

You think he has the Pioli's to trade future high draft picks?

I say no. He'll probably draft DB and piss us all off again. :)

Count Alex's Losses
08-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Just do it.

You don't, you have failed.

Find a way.

Fuck the excuses.

Pioli will be fired anyway (if we miss the playoffs) so it will be a new GMs task.

Fuck him if he doesn't do it, too.

Fuck all Kansas City Chiefs GMs past, present and future who don't draft 1st round QBs.

That's all of 'em.

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 09:35 PM
So do QBs that are taken in the first come with the label "franchise?"

BossChief
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Im usually not a fan of a GM spending draft currency for years he isnt under contract for, but he needs to do whatever it takes to get somebody under center that is legit.

We should have moved up for Tannehill.

chiefzilla1501

So...just curious on how are we supposed to get this said "first round QB" when we'll probably draft in the middle teens (early twenties if everything goes perfectly).

Lots of options. Barkley will be out of reach. Probably Tyler Wilson too.

Aaron Murray (if he declares). Geno Smith, Tyler Bray. I really like Bray, but he just seems like the next Brodie Croyle.

Mr_Tomahawk
We can still find a good QB mid-late 1st rnd.

Bowser
Pffft. When Donald Stephenson fails as an offensive lineman, they will just convert him to our QBotF.

Saul Good
There are going to be a bunch of 1st round QBs taken next year, and most of the really shitty teams have recently drafted QBs in the first round.

Saul Good
08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Lots of options. Barkley will be out of reach. Probably Tyler Wilson too.

Aaron Murray (if he declares). Geno Smith, Tyler Bray. I really like Bray, but he just seems like the next Brodie Croyle.

Landry Jones will likely be a first rounder as well. That's a half dozen right there, and there's always someone else who comes out of nowhere.

Ceej
08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
GETTING SICK OF ALL THE FUCKING N00BS!!!!

RunKC
08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
I would trade up and get Tyler Wilson. The guy did a fantastic job against the SEC in his first year. I like his confidence and ability.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 09:40 PM
So do QBs that are taken in the first come with the label "franchise?"

"Franchise Prospect"

Meaning the player has the tools necessary to develop into a franchise quarterback if he is coached up to the level he was during his last year of college football, but against NFL competition.

If you dont think the player can be the end all be all of your franchise, you dont take him in the first...but even if you think it may take a couple years for him to get there, you have to make the move.

RunKC
Landry Jones will likely be a first rounder as well. That's a half dozen right there, and there's always someone else who comes out of nowhere.

I'd rather have Matt Cassel than Landry Jones. That's how bad he is.

Urc Burry
There are a ton of potential franchise qb's in this class. Some of them will be available later in the round

Matt Barkley
Tyler Wilson
Tyler Bray
Logan Thomas
Aaron Murray

Trading up in the first round didn't seem overly expensive in this last draft. Hopefully it remains that way

Spongeblack Bobtard
We are going to draft a cornerback, a middle linebacker, or a safety in the first round next year. I don't see us taking a QB.

Chiefshrink
08-23-2012, 09:41 PM

After Pioli watches Wilson firsthand this Friday it will confirm his drafting philosophy of taking a QB in the later rounds. He will always go with FA vet or a middle to late rd QB pick for development. Look at how well Russell Wilson has played so far. You will see him firsthand this Fri night. Wilson picked in the 3rd and this kid will be a legit superstar. I have watched all of his games so far and he reminds me so much of Brees. No way Pioli drafts a QB in the first unless it makes sense to him which 99% of the time it won't.

BossChief

Landry Jones is a third round guy.

Just watch.

Frazod
Haven't played a fucking down yet, and we're already doomed apparently. :rolleyes:

BossChief
08-23-2012, 09:42 PM
After Pioli watches Wilson firsthand this Friday it will confirm his drafting philosophy of taking a QB in the later rounds. He will always go with FA vet or a middle to late rd QB pick for development. Look at how well Russell Wilson has played so far. You will see him firsthand this Fri night. Wilson picked in the 3rd and this kid will be a legit superstar. I have watched all of his games so far and he reminds me so much of Brees. No way Pioli drafts a QB in the first unless it makes sense to him which 99% of the time it won't.

FFS would you please take some of that crap out of your sig?

No need for war and peace for a sig, man.

Marcellus
Pffft. When Donald Stephenson fails as an offensive lineman, they will just convert him to our QBotF.

Doesn't qualify, he wasn't a 1st round draft pick. Try to keep up/CP.

Chiefshrink
Pioli will be fired anyway (if we miss the playoffs) so it will be a new GMs task.

No way C H will ever fire Pioli.

Mr_Tomahawk
http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/0718/com_120718_Low_Wilson_120718.jpg

jd1020
We are going to draft a cornerback, a middle linebacker, or a safety in the first round next year. I don't see us taking a QB.

Who invited this mother fucker?

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Haven't played a ****ing down yet, and we're already doomed apparently. :rolleyes:

Yep, it's going to be pretty funny around here in a month or so.

Inmem58
08-23-2012, 09:44 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2012/0718/com_120718_Low_Wilson_120718.jpg

I'm in love

Marcellus
08-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Haven't played a ****ing down yet, and we're already doomed apparently. :rolleyes:

CP has it figured out already depending on who you believe. We are winning the SB or 2 games. :doh!:

Count Alex's Losses
08-23-2012, 09:46 PM
No way C H will ever fire Pioli.

Not according to two people I've talked to.

BossChief
Yep, it's going to be pretty funny around here in a month or so.

How the fuck would you know what its gonna be like around here in a month or two?

Saul Good
Landry Jones is a third round guy.

Just watch.

Nope. I'm not a fan, but he's got first round talent. 6'4, 230 with an NFL arm and throwing motion is a first round pick.

notorious
08-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Landry is garbage.

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 09:47 PM
"Franchise Prospect"

Meaning the player has the tools necessary to develop into a franchise quarterback if he is coached up to the level he was during his last year of college football, but against NFL competition.

If you dont think the player can be the end all be all of your franchise, you dont take him in the first...but even if you think it may take a couple years for him to get there, you have to make the move.

I agree with this. Unfortunately many posters don't give a crap who we draft at QB as long as it is the all powerful first round variety because they seem to be under the impression that player is automatically going to save the day due to draft position.

Count Alex's Losses
08-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Im usually not a fan of a GM spending draft currency for years he isnt under contract for, but he needs to do whatever it takes to get somebody under center that is legit.

Pioli will be under contract for future years if he's running the draft next season.

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a lame duck GM. It would be even worse than having a lame duck HC.

Urc Burry
08-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Logan Thomas is like a Cam Newton lite
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xiZim208nMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I would like to add to the "Landry Jones is horrible" sentiment.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 09:52 PM
One thing is for sure.

We are gonna have to pay up to get a QB at this point.

If Cassel fails and the rest of the team looks as good as we all know it has the potential to, every team out there is gonna know we are desperate and how much the team would benefit from a good quarterback.

That means we will have to overpay.

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Logan Thomas is like a Cam Newton lite
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xiZim208nMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The first three throws in that highlight don't exactly scream NFL accuracy...

BossChief
08-23-2012, 09:53 PM
The moment Broyles went down, Jones looked like complete trash.

I dont see him playing himself back into the first round.

Chiefshrink

Well I guess that settles it then because you are 'IN THE KNOW".:shrug:

Saul Good
One thing is for sure.

We are gonna have to pay up to get a QB at this point.

If Cassel fails and the rest of the team looks as good as we all know it has the potential to, every team out there is gonna know we are desperate and how much the team would benefit from a good quarterback.

That means we will have to overpay.

If Cassel fails, we'll be in position to draft a QB with our pick.

jd1020
08-23-2012, 09:54 PM

This team, if healthy, can carry Cassel to a 15ish pick.

Saul Good
08-23-2012, 09:55 PM
The moment Broyles went down, Jones looked like complete trash.

I dont see him playing himself back into the first round.

Brandon Weeden went 22, and Ryan Tannehill went 8. Jones will go in the first.

Saul Good
This team, if healthy, can carry Cassel to a 15ish pick.

There will be a QB available at 15 that warrants the pick.

Marcellus
I agree with this. Unfortunately many posters don't give a crap who we draft at QB as long as it is the all powerful first round variety because they seem to be under the impression that player is automatically going to save the day due to draft position.

No shit. Its pretty comical. Had we drafted Sanchez's worthless ass we would be stuck with several more years of shit just because he is "young". posters here still throw around his "potential."

Sanchez is so good they traded for fucking Tebow. Nuff said.

Marcellus
08-23-2012, 09:56 PM

Boom.

jd1020
There will be a QB available at 15 that warrants the pick.

Maybe. Way too early to tell. A lot of shit can happen in the span of a year.

mr. tegu
Brandon Weeden went 22, and Ryan Tannehill went 8. Jones will go in the first.

I agree. And as soon as we thankfully don't take Jones people will be spewing garbage that we should have moved up simply because he is a first round QB. I would rather sell the farm and get Barkley than sell the tractor and get Jones.

Saul Good
No shit. Its pretty comical. Had we drafted Sanchez's worthless ass we would be stuck with several more years of shit just because he is "young". posters here still throw around his "potential."

If Sanchez sucks again this year, the Jets can draft another QB.

Saul Good
08-23-2012, 09:57 PM
I agree. And as soon as we thankfully don't take Jones people will be spewing garbage that we should have moved up simply because he is a first round QB. I would rather sell the farm and get Barkley than sell the tractor and get Jones.

Trading our entire draft wouldn't be enough to bring Barkley.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 09:57 PM

Im not a fan of either player, but Id trade Cassel for Sanchez in a heartbeat.

Marcellus
08-23-2012, 09:58 PM

What do your parents know?

mr. tegu

And replace Tebow who will be replacing Sanchez this year? The PR nightmare would be insane!

Marcellus
Im not a fan of either player, but Id trade Cassel for Sanchez in a heartbeat.

So you like wasting time? Cool.

Marcellus
08-23-2012, 09:59 PM

Sure they can. Every team in the NFL can do that. Will they?

KCtotheSB
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
At the risk of being crucified, this topic is what pisses me off about most of you people.

The season hasn't even started and we're talking about NEXT YEAR'S draft. Yes, Cassel isn't the ideal option at quarterback and I'd love a 1st round QB to call our own....but here we are, Week 3 of the preseason...talking about the 2013 Draft.

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Trading our entire draft wouldn't be enough to bring Barkley.

Depends who gets the option to take him. Some early contenders IMO are the Dolphins, Rams, Colts, and maybe Jags, Vikings, and Bucs.

The majority of those teams would be willing to deal I would think.

Von Dumbass
08-23-2012, 10:03 PM
All you can do is hope that a team that just recently drafted a QB in the first round winds up with the first pick and then trade with them. It won't be cheap. The Chiefs will have to give up two or three first round picks, and if that guy busts then you are fucked. I don't see the Chiefs risking it.

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 10:04 PM
This topic is what pisses me off about most of you people.

The season hasn't even started and we're talking about NEXT YEAR'S draft. Yes, Cassel isn't the ideal option at quarterback and I'd love a 1st round QB to call our own....but here we are, Week 3 of the preseason...talking about the 2013 Draft.

It is just harmless discussion I think. I am somewhat of a Cassel defender and have complimented his play all preseason. I like and am pleasantly surprised with what I have seen from him and I am really excited to see what he will bring sans Haley.

Chiefshrink
08-23-2012, 10:04 PM
FFS would you please take some of that crap out of your sig?

No need for war and peace for a sig, man.

You know your attitude has really gotten more 'Milktard' lately. What gives? Have I ever given you shit personally? Matter of fact I have given you several compliments on your football acumen during the draft back in April. I would gladly do so, however, I don't accommodate assholes especially when they go full 'Milktard', UNLESS they say they are sorry for their unnecessary asshole attitude. And I know that will never happen with you soooooo..............:shrug:

Marcellus
08-23-2012, 10:05 PM
At the risk of being crucified, this topic is what pisses me off about most of you people.

:clap::clap::clap:

Great point.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 10:07 PM
So you like wasting time? Cool.

Sanchez played pretty fucking good in the playoffs and we have as much or more talent as those Jets teams did.

I dont think he is really good or anything silly...but I do think his ceiling is much higher than Cassels.

And bringing up Tebow as some replacement for Sanchez is silly.

Tebow was brought in for short yardage situations and it was a brilliant move to do so.

He is enough of a threat running with the ball to keep defenses honest and allow him to either throw to single coverage or get the ball in by keeping it on the ground.

I dont think he was brought in to take the job from Sanzhez...I think he was brought in to compliment and take away time the opposing team has to prepare for either guy.

The element of surprise Tebow should add in NY should help them win football games.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Maybe we can trade our first for a veteran QB????

J/K

BossChief
08-23-2012, 10:10 PM
You know your attitude has really gotten more 'Milktard' lately. What gives? Have I ever given you shit personally? Matter of fact I have given you several compliments on your football acumen during the draft back in April. I would gladly do so, however, I don't accommodate assholes especially when they go full 'Milktard', UNLESS they say they are sorry for their unnecessary asshole attitude. And I know that will never happen with you soooooo..............:shrug:

The sig is annoying, is all.

Its a reminder to the decent people of this site that DC exists.

I didnt make a comment about you as a poster or person...just commented on your sig being annoying.

Von Dumbass
08-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Maybe the Texans or Cowboys will get rid of Schaub or Romo in the next year or two and you guys can pick them up.

Munson
08-23-2012, 10:13 PM
In a draft loaded with potential franchise QB's, Pioli will pick a LT or 3-4 DE.

Drafting a QB in the first would be admitting that his boy Cassel is a failure.

RunKC
08-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Arizona. Buffalo. Oakland (maybe).

Only teams I think will for sure need a QB in the 1st.

chiefzilla1501
08-23-2012, 10:17 PM

Yup. A few things working for us. Much less teams vying for a 1st round QB. Much more QB depth in this draft. And if a QB falls out of the top 5, which several probably will, it's going to take a pretty weak trade to get it (whereas RGIII was forced to be an all-or-nothing trade)

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 10:17 PM
In a draft loaded with potential franchise QB's, Pioli will pick a LT or 3-4 DE.

Drafting a QB in the first would be admitting that his boy Cassel is a failure.

Just because a guy will go in the first round doesn't mean he will be a potential franchise QB. This notion is just so old and implies all you have to do is pick a QB in the first round and you will be set. As of now, the only one I see as a legitimate franchise type guy is Barkley. The rest will need RG3 type seasons.

Ace Gunner
08-23-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm not at all convinced this team will win 7 games. The played terrible last week and after watching the Cardinals play, that first game should be scratched from any credibility this team has. They were 7 - 9 last season, I have them going 8 - 8 but man o man, I really don't know if they can win 6 games this year. I guess if they can win in the division they can make noise, but that has not fared well in recent years.

Landry can play in the NFL imo. Geno Smith seems like a guy that can play at this level. I expect the Chiefs will draft one of them if they cool off on Stanzi.

Ace Gunner
08-23-2012, 10:21 PM

ROFL I guess we'll know more tomorrow.

jd1020
08-23-2012, 10:22 PM

Jets.

BossChief
08-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Just because a guy will go in the first round doesn't mean he will be a potential franchise QB.

:spock:

That's EXACTLY WHAT IT MEANS.

Saul Good
08-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Jets.

Too early to say they need one for sure.

RunKC
08-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Jets.

They just gave Sanchez a big deal. Doubt they'd give up on him this year.

jd1020
08-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Too early to say they need one for sure.

The ****? They have Sanchez and Tebow. They've needed one since they drafted Sanchez. Coach is cracking jokes about how he "hopes they can run the ball."

mr. tegu
08-23-2012, 10:33 PM

My bad, I meant "franchise QB" without the "potential."

BossChief
08-23-2012, 10:33 PM
One thing about Tebow, he is one hell of a big threat inside the 10 or 15 yard line.

I think its a high reward low risk move that will pay HUGE dividends.

RustShack
08-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Steele Jantz. Has the size, talent, arm, big play ability, and is a hero in the 4th quarter when the pressure is really on. He will have a great year this year, book it.

Count Alex's Losses
08-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Steele Jantz.

Sounds like a porn star.

SNR
08-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Landry can play in the NFL imo. Fuck no.
Geno Smith seems like a guy that can play at this level.Fuck yes.

RunKC
08-23-2012, 11:25 PM
I like Aaron Murray's game a lot. Watch the game against a very good South Carolina defense last year. He impressed me a lot in that one.

IMO if there is a QB we should take next year, it should be Tyler Wilson or Aaron Murray. Both have played really well against the best defense's.

milkman
08-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Well I guess that settles it then because you are 'IN THE KNOW".:shrug:

Claythan's sources have very little credibility.

His sources' credibility is far higher than your credibility as a poster.

I am an asshole, especially to dumbasses like you.

You have been a ****ing idiot since your first post, and I know that is not only my opinion, but a majority opinion around this place.

The sig is annoying, is all.

Its a reminder to the decent people of this site that DC exists.

I didnt make a comment about you as a poster or person...just commented on your sig being annoying.

I'm fairly certain that his sig violates the planet's rules, and until now I haven't said anything about it, because, even though I am an asshole, and I can't stand that useless ****, I rarely say anything about things like that.

But **** it.

I am sick of looking at his useless ****ing sig, and if he doesn't fix it, I will report it.

**** him.

KCrockaholic
08-23-2012, 11:32 PM
We're going to be picking in the 20's.

Assud
08-24-2012, 01:08 AM

Tebow was taken in the first round...

Tannehill (supposing he's successful) will only be successful because he's already familiar with the playbook. Any other year he probably would have been a third round pick. The Chiefs would have sat him for a couple of years anyway if they had drafted him.

RunKC
08-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Can't help but look at the Ravens right now and think that that is what this team would look like with a good QB behind center.

Assud
08-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Hah, Flacco is serviceable at best. In the golden era of the QB passing attack he's pretty damn average. I'm not sure why he's rank so high on all the QB rankings.. His job is basically to hand off the ball to Rice as he tears through the all pro offensive line. Give our young line a year or two to develop and you could be seeing the same thing in KC, no matter who the QB is at that point.

SNR
08-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Just because a guy will go in the first round doesn't mean he will be a potential franchise QB. This notion is just so old and implies all you have to do is pick a QB in the first round and you will be set. As of now, the only one I see as a legitimate franchise type guy is Barkley. The rest will need RG3 type seasons.Barkley will be a bust.

This class has potential, but then again, so did 2012's. Foles was supposed to challenge for the top spot along with Barkley. Jones was predicted to declare as well. The NFL is quite lucky that RGIII came along, realistically.

Here again, you have Barkley and Wilson as close-to-certain first rounders. Beyond them, however, things dry up quickly. Jones is a piece of shit, but he might have to do if no other QB steps forward. Bray and Murray are both juniors, and will likely want to pad their resumes in an attempt to be #1 overall. I actually seriously doubt they declare. That seems to be the trend lately for non-senior QBs.

Then you're depending on breakout seasons from a variety of guys. Logan Thomas (whom I've never been high on) EJ Manuel, and a few others. Geno Smith is a guy I've touted as the best QB in this draft. I am a huge fan of his, and would love to see the Chiefs draft him. He does need to bring it this year, though, to prove that he can play through instability and increased competition in his new conference.

In the end, very likely you might see only two QBs come out of what could have been one of the greatest QB classes we've seen in a long time. I think the order will eventually go something like this:

1. Barkley (blech)
2. Smith
3. Wilson
4. Jones
5. Thomas
6. Manuel
7. Umm.... dunno... Dayne Crist? Lol.

The top 6 have potential to be first rounders. If some of them don't make it, there's also the small chance that we see an early entrant like Bray or Murray as well. In the end, 2013 looks promising, but it's still completely fucking up in the air.

KC native
08-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Mark me down for the Fuck Landry Jones crew.

jspchief
08-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Steele Jantz. Has the size, talent, arm, big play ability, and is a hero in the 4th quarter when the pressure is really on. He will have a great year this year, book it.

Stfu homer. Jantz may not even be the starter by the time the year is done.

Lightrise
08-24-2012, 06:19 AM

I've been thinking the same thing.

Lightrise
08-24-2012, 06:21 AM
Mark me down for the **** Landry Jones crew.

Some mocks have called that later in the 1st. I'm sold on that idea without having to trade up. It could fall this way, we'll see.

Marcellus
08-24-2012, 07:00 AM
Sanchez played pretty ****ing good in the playoffs and we have as much or more talent as those Jets teams did.

I dont think he is really good or anything silly...but I do think his ceiling is much higher than Cassels.

And bringing up Tebow as some replacement for Sanchez is silly.

Tebow was brought in for short yardage situations and it was a brilliant move to do so.

He is enough of a threat running with the ball to keep defenses honest and allow him to either throw to single coverage or get the ball in by keeping it on the ground.

I dont think he was brought in to take the job from Sanzhez...I think he was brought in to compliment and take away time the opposing team has to prepare for either guy.

The element of surprise Tebow should add in NY should help them win football games.

Sanchez is such a good QB, they needed another QB to make the offense better?

Are we discussing the need for a franchise QB or not? Is Sanchez a franchise QB? No he is not.

htismaqe
08-24-2012, 07:14 AM

ROFL. He'll be on the bench after they get stomped in the Big 12 opener... :)

RUSH
08-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Tannehill (supposing he's successful) will only be successful because he's already familiar with the playbook. Any other year he probably would have been a third round pick.

That's an idiotic statement.

So basically if he's good then it has nothing to do with him? Seriously?

He can know the playbook inside out, but he still has to go out there on Sunday's and execute it. If he does that then it's because he can play, not because "he knows the playbook."

I bet you Tyler Palko knew the playbook front and back last year. Why wasn't he successful?

Chiefnj2
08-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Is Sanchez a franchise QB? No he is not.

He is a franchise QB if your plan for the franchise is to rely on the running game and defense, which is what the Jets did in his first two years with them. Is he elite? No, not close.

Chiefnj2
08-24-2012, 07:55 AM
GBNREPORT.COM
ranks returning QBs as
1. Barkley*
2. Wilson*
3. Thomas
4. Bray
5. Jones*
6. Manuel*
7. Mettenberger
8. Murray
9. Smith*
10. Glennon*

*=Sr

RUSH
08-24-2012, 08:15 AM
GBNREPORT.COM
ranks returning QBs as
1. Barkley*
2. Wilson*
3. Thomas
4. Bray
5. Jones*
6. Manuel*
7. Mettenberger
8. Murray
9. Smith*
10. Glennon*

*=Sr

I've read Barkley and Wilson are both going to measure under 6'2. Wouldn't be surprised to see them slip a lil bit by April with the way the NFL is.

If he has a big year then I think Thomas will be the number 1 pick. Unless Bray tears up the sec and comes out then he's the man to beat. He just lost Rogers though and Hunter is coming off an injury.

I personally love Wilson. Fearless in the pocket, good decision maker and can really sling it. Big time competitor too but just a bit short, that's the flaw. If he can overcome all of the adversity he is facing this year (Petrino, losing 3 NFL wrs) then that will just impress me even more.

Saul Good
08-24-2012, 09:03 AM
6'2 is plenty tall for an NFL QB.

DJ's left nut
08-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm on the Geno Smith bandwagon all the way.

I loved what he was able to do after switching to a more 'conventional' offense last year. He's a lot like Tannehill in a lot of ways, though in my mind a slightly more talented version of him almost across the board.

That said, I see Smith as being a guy that goes in the top 10 pretty easily and could potentially go top 5 if teams look to trade up. I think he'll be great this year.

EDIT:

I see that SNR and I have been in agreement on this one before....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259106&highlight=Geno

mr. tegu
08-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Barkley will be a bust.

This class has potential, but then again, so did 2012's. Foles was supposed to challenge for the top spot along with Barkley. Jones was predicted to declare as well. The NFL is quite lucky that RGIII came along, realistically.

Here again, you have Barkley and Wilson as close-to-certain first rounders. Beyond them, however, things dry up quickly. Jones is a piece of shit, but he might have to do if no other QB steps forward. Bray and Murray are both juniors, and will likely want to pad their resumes in an attempt to be #1 overall. I actually seriously doubt they declare. That seems to be the trend lately for non-senior QBs.

Then you're depending on breakout seasons from a variety of guys. Logan Thomas (whom I've never been high on) EJ Manuel, and a few others. Geno Smith is a guy I've touted as the best QB in this draft. I am a huge fan of his, and would love to see the Chiefs draft him. He does need to bring it this year, though, to prove that he can play through instability and increased competition in his new conference.

In the end, very likely you might see only two QBs come out of what could have been one of the greatest QB classes we've seen in a long time. I think the order will eventually go something like this:

1. Barkley (blech)
2. Smith
3. Wilson
4. Jones
5. Thomas
6. Manuel
7. Umm.... dunno... Dayne Crist? Lol.

The top 6 have potential to be first rounders. If some of them don't make it, there's also the small chance that we see an early entrant like Bray or Murray as well. In the end, 2013 looks promising, but it's still completely fucking up in the air.

I agree pretty much with everything you posted, except I really like Barkley. Being at USC he plays on many nationally televised games and he just looks like a pro. And the same goes for Jones in that here in Big 12 country we see him a lot and he just does not look to have it.

If there was ever a time to trade up and get someone to eventually be your QB next year would be it since many teams that project to be there will already have a QB. Also, Cassel is serviceable enough and looks even better so far this preseason, that any new QB would have plenty of time to learn and adjust to the NFL.

Chiefshrink
08-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Wow ! Just WOW ! :eek:

You have definitely stopped using your meds and you may want to see someone because you are one depressed miserable little cowardly wannabe whose Napoleon complex has gone nuclear for sure.:thumb:

Get some help Milk, so that you can start delivering fresh milk instead of sour milk;)

You have been a ****ing idiot since your first post, and I know that is not only my opinion, but a majority opinion around this place.

Look in the mirror ! Truth hurts! Majority opinion about you ? :eek:

I'm fairly certain that his sig violates the planet's rules, and until now I haven't said anything about it, because, even though I am an asshole, and I can't stand that useless ****, I rarely say anything about things like that.

But **** it.

I am sick of looking at his useless ****ing sig, and if he doesn't fix it, I will report it.

**** him.

Violates CP rules ? Seriously ? Then why did the software programmers allow that much room? Use your BB size brain !! Whose the 'Real DUMBASS NOW !!!

But you go ahead and:crybaby:to the teacher like you did when you were a kid. Trying to bully me with Sig threats. :shake: YOU PUSSY !:)

Like I said, I will gladly accommodate. But to cowardly bulletin board bullying assholes like yourself ? An apology from you for your nasty asshole attitude and I will gladly play team ball. But I don't think it will happen because you don't have the maturity to do it. Your Napoleonic Narcissism won't allow you to apologize or even ever admit that you are wrong, soooooooo.........

Enjoy my sigs !:D

the Talking Can
08-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Hah, Flacco is serviceable at best. In the golden era of the QB passing attack he's pretty damn average. I'm not sure why he's rank so high on all the QB rankings.. His job is basically to hand off the ball to Rice as he tears through the all pro offensive line. Give our young line a year or two to develop and you could be seeing the same thing in KC, no matter who the QB is at that point.

i will never not love chiefs fans talking about QBs

milkman
08-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Wow ! Just WOW ! :eek:

You have definitely stopped using your meds and you may want to see someone because you are one depressed miserable little cowardly wannabe whose Napoleon complex has gone nuclear for sure.:thumb:

Get some help Milk, so that you can start delivering fresh milk instead of sour milk;)

Look in the mirror ! Truth hurts! Majority opinion about you ? :eek:

Violates CP rules ? Seriously ? Then why did the software programmers allow that much room? Use your BB size brain !! Whose the 'Real DUMBASS NOW !!!

But you go ahead and:crybaby:to the teacher like you did when you were a kid. Trying to bully me with Sig threats. :shake: YOU PUSSY !:)

Like I said, I will gladly accommodate. But to cowardly bulletin board bullying assholes like yourself ? An apology from you for your nasty asshole attitude and I will gladly play team ball. But I don't think it will happen because you don't have the maturity to do it. Your Napoleonic Narcissism won't allow you to apologize or even ever admit that you are wrong, soooooooo.........

Enjoy my sigs !:D

I'm sorry you're a dumbshit.

And my brain tells me that there have been numerous violations of the sig policy around here, and I can't tell you why the space is available.

But, if I actually did intend to report your uselss dumb ass, I would have already done it, you usless prick.

I have seen enough posts about your dipshiterry to know that people think you are a dipshit.

RustShack
08-24-2012, 12:03 PM
ROFL. He'll be on the bench after they get stomped in the Big 12 opener... :)

Now that he's healthy, knows the receivers and playbook, and has experience he will be a lot more consistent and make less mistakes. Think Iowa game.

Bewbies
08-24-2012, 12:14 PM
i will never not love chiefs fans talking about QBs

This is always what comes to mind... LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vn3IRHhPXMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marcellus
08-24-2012, 12:25 PM
He is a franchise QB if your plan for the franchise is to rely on the running game and defense, which is what the Jets did in his first two years with them. Is he elite? No, not close.

By that definition Cassel is a franchise QB.

lcarus
08-24-2012, 12:33 PM
I hate the notion that all good QBs are drafted in the top 10 of the first round. You can find great QBs in the late first round and beyond. We just never try it and it pisses me off.

Chiefnj2
08-24-2012, 12:57 PM
By that definition Cassel is a franchise QB.

He is to Pioli. It's year 4 without any real competition. He's the guy Pioli built the franchise around.

SNR
08-24-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm on the Geno Smith bandwagon all the way.

I loved what he was able to do after switching to a more 'conventional' offense last year. He's a lot like Tannehill in a lot of ways, though in my mind a slightly more talented version of him almost across the board.

That said, I see Smith as being a guy that goes in the top 10 pretty easily and could potentially go top 5 if teams look to trade up. I think he'll be great this year.

EDIT:

I see that SNR and I have been in agreement on this one before....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259106&highlight=Geno
Geno Smith bros 4ever

When everybody jumps on his bandwagon next year we'll be the ones telling everybody to take a number.

Chiefshrink
08-24-2012, 01:48 PM
and I can't tell you why the space is available

You can't ?:shrug: Precisely:thumb: You are not the 'all knowing messiah for CP' like your think you are so STFU

Molitoth
08-24-2012, 01:51 PM

Wow, really?

MahiMike
08-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Suck for Luck!

milkman
08-24-2012, 03:18 PM
You can't ?:shrug: Precisely:thumb: You are not the 'all knowing messiah for CP' like your think you are so STFU

I never said I was the all knowing anything.

I simply stated, in various and numerous ways, that you are mental midget.

O.city
08-24-2012, 03:37 PM
It's pretty easy actually.

When it's our turn to pick, write the name of the qb we want on our card, turn it in.

If the guy we want is likely to e off the board, trade up and get him

SNR
08-24-2012, 05:26 PM
It's pretty easy actually.

When it's our turn to pick, write the name of the qb we want on our card, turn it in.

If the guy we want is likely to e off the board, trade up and get him

Cute. That's cute.

O.city
08-24-2012, 06:25 PM
It's just bullshit to say "how are we gonna get our qb, we will draft later in the draft".

If there is a guy you want, go get him. Everyone has a price.

Assud
08-24-2012, 06:29 PM
That's an idiotic statement.

So basically if he's good then it has nothing to do with him? Seriously?

He can know the playbook inside out, but he still has to go out there on Sunday's and execute it. If he does that then it's because he can play, not because "he knows the playbook."

I bet you Tyler Palko knew the playbook front and back last year. Why wasn't he successful?

No no no. If he's successful immediately then yes, it's because he's already familiar with the playbook. He would not have had the same advantage had he been drafted by the Chiefs.

LOCOChief
08-24-2012, 08:25 PM

We will not win 7 this year.