View Full Version : Life The Flopnuts Fatties Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Frosty
08-28-2012, 04:09 PM
And I requested to join the group.

So did I

jiveturkey
08-28-2012, 04:13 PM
For cardio I do prefer HIIT, it can be a killer compared to most other routines. I'm trying to work my way back into it as earlier this year I was doing 60 second sprints, 60 seconds rest 10 times.I just started the sprinting and only do it once a week.

I do 6 x 50 meters at half speed and then 6 x 50 all out with a 400 meter warm up.

The first attempt left my lower body in shambles. The 2nd attempt was better but I was still sore for 3 days and my latest attempt felt really good.

I'm surprised that there's so many muscles that I wasn't hitting with distance running, swimming or weights in the past.

I'll start mixing in hill sprints and working up to 100 meter workouts eventually.

NewChief
08-28-2012, 04:23 PM
I just started the sprinting and only do it once a week.

I do 6 x 50 meters at half speed and then 6 x 50 all out with a 400 meter warm up.

The first attempt left my lower body in shambles. The 2nd attempt was better but I was still sore for 3 days and my latest attempt felt really good.

I'm surprised that there's so many muscles that I wasn't hitting with distance running, swimming or weights in the past.

I'll start mixing in hill sprints and working up to 100 meter workouts eventually.

I've posted it up before, but I think this is worth reposting:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-B-m37Kfhc9U/T4rFgiuQjYI/AAAAAAAAAKg/zymzSUFLPTc/s1600/jog-vs-sprint.jpg

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Love that picture. I'm going to do a weigh in on 09/01 for anyone who wants too. I already know my approximate starting weight, and I'm purposely waiting until 10/01 to find out where I'm at. I don't want a scale to be a part of this process for the first 2-3 months. I'm going to weigh monthly just to make sure I'm hitting targets and for adjustment purposes. The last time I did this I obsessed over the scale way too much. I'd like to find something else to obsess over this time around. :)

Marcellus
08-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Love that picture. I'm going to do a weigh in on 09/01 for anyone who wants too. I already know my approximate starting weight, and I'm purposely waiting until 10/01 to find out where I'm at. I don't want a scale to be a part of this process for the first 2-3 months. I'm going to weigh monthly just to make sure I'm hitting targets and for adjustment purposes. The last time I did this I obsessed over the scale way too much. I'd like to find something else to obsess over this time around. :)

What kind of phone you have?

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-28-2012, 05:53 PM
What kind of phone you have?

Samsung galaxy s3.

Mr. Plow
08-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Samsung galaxy s3.

Man I want one. Love my S2.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Your Food Diary For: Prev Tuesday August 28, 2012 Next
Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein
Snacks - Popcorn, oil-popped, 1 cup 55 6 3 1

Lunch
Oroweat - Country Potato Bread, 1 slice 100 20 1 3
Beaver - Cream Style Horseradish, 2 tsp 20 4 2 0
Generic - 90% Lean 10% Fat Ground Sirloin Burgers, 3.96 oz 238 0 11 15

Dinner
Generic - Egg Scrambled - Large, 3 egg 210 2 14 21
Farmland - Center Cut 30% Less Fat Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon, 4.5 slices (15g) 105 0 6 11
Jimmy Dean - Premium Pork Hot Sausage, 3 oz. Cooked (56g) 300 2 26 14
Add Food Quick Tools 615 4 46 46
Snacks
Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 0.5 cup 61 6 2 4

Totals 1,089 40 65 69
Your Daily Goal 3,084 424 103 115
Remaining 1,995 384 38 46

I haven't set anything up. My target is 1000-1200 calories a day, protein (and now fat) heavy. Dinner was my first low carb meal. Staple. I'll be eating a lot of it. I burned about 700 calories exercising today, and burn 3000 just breathing. We'll see how it all pans out long term.

bevischief
08-28-2012, 06:10 PM
So how do you feel?

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Great. I'm pretty sore, but that's from getting off of my ass. I didn't officially go low carb until late this afternoon, as dinner reflects. I talked to Buck, so I know to expect the carb hangover, or whatever you want to call it. As far as low calories go, no big deal. I've ran 5 miles coming off of a 36 hour fast, so I know that eat before you workout stuff is bullshit. As long as you're getting enough protein everyday, the hunger goes away after a couple of weeks.

Pestilence
08-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Question since you're going keto.

What kind of recipes are you looking at? I'm trying to find easy things that don't require a lot of work.

Are you going zero carb or keeping it under 50?

bevischief
08-28-2012, 06:22 PM
What did the rest of the crew do today?

Saulbadguy
08-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Breakfast-
4 oz Skim Milk
1 slice of toast (45 calorie Sara Lee)

Morning snack -
Banana
Light string chz

Lunch -
Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs
1 Kiwi

Snack-
Apple

Dinner -
28 oz Light beer
1 Tomato w/ 2 tbps balsamic vinegar
6 garlic stuffed olives
"Smart ones" TV dinner
1 slice bread
1 single serving Broccoli w/ chz

Snack -
1 slice bread /w natural peanut butter
1 Edy's "fruit bar"

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-28-2012, 06:34 PM

What kind of recipes are you looking at? I'm trying to find easy things that don't require a lot of work.

Haven't even looked. The fat requirement tastes great but nets less food. Low carb veggie increase is coming. Eggs will be a staple.

jiveturkey
08-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Lunch-left over beef short ribs slow cooked in tomato sauce/balsamic vinegar and dates with a side of diced carrots baked with diced dates (I used left over bacon grease on the carrots).

Dinner- chipolte cubed chicken breast cooked in coconut oil. I then used butter lettuce and made wraps with avacado and grape tomatoes. The chipotle seasoning was nice and spicy.

Post workout snack-banana with approximately 1 tbsp of buckwheat honey.

I don't eat breakfast.

I'll likely sneak a small piece of dark/mint chocolate later.

bevischief
08-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Just trying to help you guys out here. It's hard at first but it is worth it long term. So keep it up.

Buck
08-28-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't know what my calories and shit were because I pretty much stopped counting, but here's what I ate.

Breakfast -
Coffee w/ 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream & Splenda
6 Slices Bacon
1 Egg

Lunch -
2 Pork Chops (4 oz each)
Salad w/ 1 Tbsp of Ranch Dressing

Dinner-
10 oz Carne Asada (marinated skirt steak)
2 Tbsp Guacamole

Buck
08-28-2012, 08:06 PM
And I'm home now Flop if you have anything you want to know, I couldn't talk any longer earlier.

Buck
08-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Breakfast-
4 oz Skim Milk
1 slice of toast (45 calorie Sara Lee)

Morning snack -
Banana
Light string chz

Lunch -
Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs
1 Kiwi

Snack-
Apple

Dinner -
28 oz Light beer
1 Tomato w/ 2 tbps balsamic vinegar
6 garlic stuffed olives
"Smart ones" TV dinner
1 slice bread
1 single serving Broccoli w/ chz

Snack -
1 slice bread /w natural peanut butter
1 Edy's "fruit bar"

Why did you have to ruin a perfectly good day with Chef Boyardee?

Buck
08-28-2012, 08:15 PM

Here's my bread and butter.

1 lb of 80/20 (85/15 is okay too) ground beef.
Half a can of diced tomatoes (get the ones that are seasoned with garlic or something Hunts brand I think.. this is optional)
~20 pepperoni slices
~1 cup of some Italian style shredded cheese.

1. Season the ground beef w/hamburger or Italian seasonings and brown and drain.

2. Turn to lowest heat setting and either put the half can of tomatoes (less juice the better) in the food processor and then into the pan or just the tomatoes right into the pan of ground beef. Mix. (optional)

3. Layer the pepperonis on top and let it simmer for about 5-10 min.

4. Layer the shredded cheese on top.

5. Put the pan under the broiler at 300 degrees for 4-6 min (until cheese is golden brown or less time if you just want cheese melted.

It's like Keto Pizza. The pic is this w/out the tomato sauce.

http://i.imgur.com/xpPFg.jpg

Ceej
08-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Breakfast - 2% milk, Special K honey oat cereal

Lunch - salad with bacon ranch

Dinner - grilled chicken on some tortilla chips with cheese, salsa

Dessert - strawberries and grapes

All I drank was water today and walked 1.6 miles.

Bought a bunch of fruit, chicken, salad for lunches and breakfast at work.

Saulbadguy
08-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Why did you have to ruin a perfectly good day with Chef Boyardee?

Shit is really convenient. 45 seconds in the 'wave and I'm back at my desk for some lunchtime BBS'n.

luv
08-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Lunch-left over beef short ribs slow cooked in tomato sauce/balsamic vinegar and dates with a side of diced carrots baked with diced dates (I used left over bacon grease on the carrots).

Dinner- chipolte cubed chicken breast cooked in coconut oil. I then used butter lettuce and made wraps with avacado and grape tomatoes. The chipotle seasoning was nice and spicy.

Post workout snack-banana with approximately 1 tbsp of buckwheat honey.

I don't eat breakfast.

I'll likely sneak a small piece of dark/mint chocolate later.
Did you know that having some type of protein within an hour after waking up gives you an extra boost of energy about 6 hours later? I quit drinking my protein shakes for breakfast for a little while (I'm not a breakfast person either), and I can definitely tell a huge difference come about 2pm.

Rain Man
08-28-2012, 09:33 PM
I don't know what my calories and shit were because I pretty much stopped counting, but here's what I ate.

Breakfast -
Coffee w/ 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream & Splenda
6 Slices Bacon
1 Egg

Lunch -
2 Pork Chops (4 oz each)
Salad w/ 1 Tbsp of Ranch Dressing

Dinner-
10 oz Carne Asada (marinated skirt steak)
2 Tbsp Guacamole

I'm not seeing your five daily fruits and vegetables here.

Big Smoke
08-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Did you know that having some type of protein within an hour after waking up gives you an extra boost of energy about 6 hours later? I quit drinking my protein shakes for breakfast for a little while (I'm not a breakfast person either), and I can definitely tell a huge difference come about 2pm.

5 hour energy. For that 2:30 feeling.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Done. Back was better this morning. Feeling good about my day.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 06:05 AM
I'm not seeing your five daily fruits and vegetables here.

The animals he ate consumed lots of corn, perhaps that counts.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 06:06 AM

link please

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 06:06 AM

Go forth and dominate, my friend.

Buck
08-29-2012, 06:07 AM

That's good. I've noticed that I don't have nearly as many aches and pains anymore. Losing weight does wonders for your joints.

Predarat
08-29-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm in but cannot join the group until I get home.

luv
08-29-2012, 07:14 AM
link please

I learned that from my trainer as well as a nutritionist I talked to. If you feel the need to research it, go right ahead.

jiveturkey
08-29-2012, 07:24 AM

I don't have an issue with energy.

luv
08-29-2012, 07:43 AM
I don't have an issue with energy.

Then never mind.

Ceej
08-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Breakfast today -- sugar free Amp. I also have some bananas, an apple and an orange.

Lunch with be salad with a little bacon ranch.

Dinner will be grilled chicken with corn.

Dessert will be more grapes and strawberries.

luv
08-29-2012, 07:53 AM
For those drastically cutting calories, just remember that calories are energy. If you find that you're feeling more fatigued, then you may just need to try eating a bit more or drinking more water (don't want to cramp up).

Sorry, Saul, no link for that either.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 08:00 AM
For those drastically cutting calories, just remember that calories are energy. If you find that you're feeling more fatigued, then you may just need to try eating a bit more or drinking more water (don't want to cramp up).

Sorry, Saul, no link for that either.

Coffee. 0 calories, UNLIMITED POWER

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Guys, I love sharing info here but let's be positive with one another. We'll figure out what works for us individually. It's fine to disagree, just make sure we don't make anyone feel unwelcome. We're all reaching for the same goals.

luv
08-29-2012, 08:14 AM

My coffee is 40 calories per cup. I haven't mastered drinking it black yet. No sugar, and one of those single serving liquid creamer thingies is 40 calories. I never drink more than two cups. So basically 80 calories and a banana has been my breakfasts as of late. Protein shakes start again next week, so no more coffee.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 08:20 AM
My coffee is 40 calories per cup. I haven't mastered drinking it black yet. No sugar, and one of those single serving liquid creamer thingies is 40 calories. I never drink more than two cups. So basically 80 calories and a banana has been my breakfasts as of late. Protein shakes start again next week, so no more coffee.

What kind of coffee are you drinking? I'd recommend a light roast, things that say "breakfast blend" or something like that. Also not folgers/maxwell house.

Ceej
08-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Guys, I love sharing info here but let's be positive with one another. We'll figure out what works for us individually. It's fine to disagree, just make sure we don't make anyone feel unwelcome. We're all reaching for the same goals.

NO!!!!!11

FUCK YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!11111111

:)

Aspengc8
08-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Just my $.02 for your guys doing keto. Make sure your eating a lot of green leafy veggies. Sautee some brocc or spinach in olive oil and garlic, its very good and helps 'move things aloong'. Definitely take a EFA/fish oil supplement, especially with all the sat fat your eating. Try to stay away from prcoessed crap meats like pepperoni, salami, etc. Also remember that total calories ultimately count, and its very easy to go over your daily cals since fat is double the cals of protein or carbs.

I used the metabolic diet (CKD) for about a year to get weight in check. It is a great diet, but absolutely sucks if your trying to lift any reasonably amount of weight, play a intense sport or build muscle. Takes a couple weeks for your body to adapt to fat as your main source of energy instead of carbs, so the first couple weeks suck, you have to push through it.

Good luck.

luv
08-29-2012, 08:35 AM
What kind of coffee are you drinking? I'd recommend a light roast, things that say "breakfast blend" or something like that. Also not folgers/maxwell house.

Jackson Brothers of the South Coffee - President's Choice (what we have delivered here at work)

Buck
08-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Just my $.02 for your guys doing keto. Make sure your eating a lot of green leafy veggies. Sautee some brocc or spinach in olive oil and garlic, its very good and helps 'move things aloong'. Definitely take a EFA/fish oil supplement, especially with all the sat fat your eating. Try to stay away from prcoessed crap meats like pepperoni, salami, etc. Also remember that total calories ultimately count, and its very easy to go over your daily cals since fat is double the cals of protein or carbs.

I used the metabolic diet (CKD) for about a year to get weight in check. It is a great diet, but absolutely sucks if your trying to lift any reasonably amount of weight, play a intense sport or build muscle. Takes a couple weeks for your body to adapt to fat as your main source of energy instead of carbs, so the first couple weeks suck, you have to push through it.

Good luck.

Agree with most of what you're saying except the part about pepperoni and salami. That stuff is fine.

58-4ever
08-29-2012, 09:17 AM

Coffee FTW!

Pestilence
08-29-2012, 09:18 AM

I've found that Dunkin Donuts coffee (the stuff in the grocery store) doesn't taste to bad plain.

Big Smoke
08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Breakfast today -- sugar free Amp. I also have some bananas, an apple and an orange.

Lunch with be salad with a little bacon ranch.

Dinner will be grilled chicken with corn.

Dessert will be more grapes and strawberries.

That sounds delicious. I can honestly say I wish I could afford to eat like that. Being a recent college graduate out on my own I can't afford much...

NewChief
08-29-2012, 10:56 AM
That sounds delicious. I can honestly say I wish I could afford to eat like that. Being a recent college graduate out on my own I can't afford much...

None of that food is expensive.

Big Smoke
08-29-2012, 11:02 AM
None of that food is expensive.

It's expensive enough. How are you going to sit there and tell me what I can and can't afford to eat?

NewChief
08-29-2012, 11:04 AM
It's expensive enough. How are you going to sit there and tell me what I can and can't afford to eat?

I'm just telling you that I don't see how that food is more expensive than any other food, especially if you're eating out.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 11:05 AM

the AMP is probably the most expensive thing.

Big Smoke
08-29-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm just telling you that I don't see how that food is more expensive than any other food, especially if you're eating out.

I understand what you're saying. Typically I will eat some cheap Knorr noodles or a package of rice for dinner though.

NewChief
08-29-2012, 11:07 AM
the AMP is probably the most expensive thing.

No shit. Take the AMP out, and the entire day costs about $5.

NewChief
08-29-2012, 11:09 AM
So everyone in the word can afford $10 worth of food everyday? That's assuming you eat two of those meals a day and drink water.

That "meal" was all 3 of his meals, the total cost of which I estimate to be around $5.

Big Smoke
08-29-2012, 11:10 AM
That "meal" was all 3 of his meals, the total cost of which I estimate to be around $5.

Yeah I caught that now.

NewChief
08-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah I caught that now.

But I do understand that proteins and fresh fruits are a luxury for a small segment of our population, and I sympathize with them.

But there are way more people out there who don't know how to shop and prepare their own food and vastly overestimate the amount of money it costs, thinking instead that it's cheaper to just buy dollar meals from the nearest fast food joint (not counting you among those people, of course) or boxes of mac and cheese/TV dinners.

Big Smoke
08-29-2012, 11:28 AM
But I do understand that proteins and fresh fruits are a luxury for a small segment of our population, and I sympathize with them.

But there are way more people out there who don't know how to shop and prepare their own food and vastly overestimate the amount of money it costs, thinking instead that it's cheaper to just buy dollar meals from the nearest fast food joint (not counting you among those people, of course) or boxes of mac and cheese/TV dinners.

And I'm not so bad off that I have to worry about where my next meal is going to come from or anything. Obviously- I mean I'm sitting here in my apartment watching TV and browsing the internet. I think I do overestimate the amount of money it costs to prepare fresh food though. I'm sure I could eat better than I do and it wouldn't be as expensive as I think.

Ceej
08-29-2012, 12:03 PM
I bought the 4-pack of AMP on sale. :) They were like $8.99.

But, it is a pretty good meal.

My parents got me a Foreman grill -- $40.

You can buy Tyson Frozen chicken breasts for like 7.99 a bag.

Anything is cheaper than eating out.

I think I spent $63 on groceries my last trip. This oughta last me a week or week and a half.

Pestilence
08-29-2012, 12:54 PM
I bought the 4-pack of AMP on sale. :) They were like $8.99.

But, it is a pretty good meal.

My parents got me a Foreman grill -- $40.

You can buy Tyson Frozen chicken breasts for like 7.99 a bag.

Anything is cheaper than eating out.

I think I spent $63 on groceries my last trip. This oughta last me a week or week and a half.

Another excuse....but it was so much fucking easier to lose weight when I was single. I could buy groceries and eat the same shit for weeks on end. It usually consisted of salads, soups and sandwiches.

NewChief
08-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Another excuse....but it was so much ****ing easier to lose weight when I was single. I could buy groceries and eat the same shit for weeks on end. It usually consisted of salads, soups and sandwiches.

This is very true. It's much, much harder to regulate my diet when I have to eat with my family. I saw someone post about buying lunch at a restaurant, eating half, then eating half when you get home for supper. Clearly a single man's strategy.

Ceej
08-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Another excuse....but it was so much ****ing easier to lose weight when I was single. I could buy groceries and eat the same shit for weeks on end. It usually consisted of salads, soups and sandwiches.

That makes plenty of sense. I am perfectly content eating the same food, or a variation of it. I love chicken. I've got three or four different dry rubs I can use to mix it up.

My girlfriend lives in green bay. She has a cheese tasting tour planned and also Octoberfest is going on when I'm visiting next month.

I'm so screwed.

Pestilence
08-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I had my shit down to a science when I was single. Eggs in the morning because it takes me 20 minutes to shower and get dressed. Sandwich and fruit for lunch. Get off work.....hop on the treadmill and play a game of Madden (Yeah I perfected that shit).....shower and then usually eat a salad or chicken for dinner.

Now that shit isn't possible because I have to spend my mornings getting the kids ready to go. Lunch is usually rushed because I'm running errands and after work is spent on homework and making sure the kids don't kill each other.

Ceej
08-29-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm not married.

But I can't imagine coming home and saying "no" to my wife after she fixed country fried steak and mashed potatoes or something or the sort.

luv
08-29-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm not married.

But I can't imagine coming home and saying "no" to my wife after she fixed country fried steak and mashed potatoes or something or the sort.

At the same time, your wife would surely know about your diet and try to assist you by not cooking stuff like that (when you're around).

Ceej
08-29-2012, 01:08 PM
At the same time, your wife would surely know about your diet and try to assist you by not cooking stuff like that (when you're around).

Well, yeah.

I was just speaking hypothetically.

But, when I marry a banging hot super model who doesn't ever gain weight she may be cooking me meals like that!

Frosty
08-29-2012, 01:16 PM

I have a real hard time coordinating what and when I want to eat with the family dinner. My wife gets frustrated trying to plan meals and I usually just cave and eat what they eat. I also like to eat only when physically hungry and that doesn't always line up with when dinner is ready.

It will be a lot easier when the boys are out of the house. My wife doesn't mind simple dinners whenever but it's harder to do with two voracious teen boys in the house.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 01:19 PM

Yep, this is how we roll. She doesn't ask me to go to places that only serve food that is terrible for me either.

Aspengc8
08-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Agree with most of what you're saying except the part about pepperoni and salami. That stuff is fine.

Fine maybe once a week. There's no way I'd eat that sh1t every day. I don't have a problem with the fat or protein content.. its the damn nitrates/nitrites they use a preservatives.

Saul Good
08-29-2012, 02:14 PM
This is very true. It's much, much harder to regulate my diet when I have to eat with my family. I saw someone post about buying lunch at a restaurant, eating half, then eating half when you get home for supper. Clearly a single man's strategy.

I'm married with two kids. My wedding ring doesn't stop me from eating half a sandwich for dinner once or twice a week.

jiveturkey
08-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Fine maybe once a week. There's no way I'd eat that sh1t every day. I don't have a problem with the fat or protein content.. its the damn nitrates/nitrites they use a preservatives.You should look into the fancy stuff at an organic grocery store. Uncured and no nitrates.

It's tasty but like you it's not the kind of thing I'm going to eat everyday.

whoman69
08-29-2012, 02:57 PM
You didn't like the other weight loss thread?

NewChief
08-29-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm married with two kids. My wedding ring doesn't stop me from eating half a sandwich for dinner once or twice a week.

I guess my issue is that I do all the cooking at my house. If I'm cooking it, I'm going to eat it.

The good part of that is, I do all the cooking. So we eat healthy (my wife is a health nut as well). The bad part is that if I were bringing home a sandwich to eat for supper, I'd be like, "Fuck it, you all cook your own food. I've got mine."

Ugly Duck
08-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Six months ago I was a 224lb beer belly with legs. I began to wonder how come I was fat.... could it be lack of exercise, or maybe eating too much? Then I computed the calories that I was taking in. I like beer & the Lagunitas Brewing Co. (IPA) is just down the street from me. I live in wine country. Folks here drink wine like the folks in Seattle drink coffee. But I like beer. So I sucked down both the wine and the beer.... about 1,000 calories a day. I quit both.

But I need some kinda drug so I started drinking sugar-free energy drinks instead & now I get all nervous & stuff & have trouble sleeping but at least it doesn't make me fat so I just keep doing it but now I'm no fun at parties cuz I tend to talk too much & miss the cues when its time to go home & stuff like that. Went down to 190.

Meanwhile, I still have too much flab. Just cutting out alcohol and becoming a speed freak isn't enough. I will actually have to learn about nutrition & exercise if I am to have a healthy weight loss. Maybe this is a good place to start....

Buck
08-29-2012, 05:47 PM
I felt like my face was getting skinnier than my body, and now my body is catching up and I feel like I have a fat face again.

http://i.imgur.com/kcoaA.jpg

jiveturkey
08-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Lunch-left over chipolte chicken lettuce wraps with avacado. Plus a kiwi.

Dinner-heritage pork sage sausage with 3 scrambled eggs and 4 pumpkin pancakes (canned pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, splash of real maple syrup, and vanilla).

And I swam a half mile after work at a leisurely pace.

I'm less likely to want to snack after an easy workout. The high intensity days seem to lead to more evening trips to the pantry.

Buck
08-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Breakfast -
2 sausage links
2 bacon strips

Lunch -
String Cheese
1 Cup Cottage Cheese

Snack -
1 pack of salted almonds
1 pack of cinnamon almonds

Dinner -
????

morphius
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Lunch-left over chipolte chicken lettuce wraps with avacado. Plus a kiwi.

Dinner-heritage pork sage sausage with 3 scrambled eggs and 4 pumpkin pancakes (canned pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, splash of real maple syrup, and vanilla).

And I swam a half mile after work at a leisurely pace.

I'm less likely to want to snack after an easy workout. The high intensity days seem to lead to more evening trips to the pantry.
After my workouts all I can do is lay on the couch and whine like a little bitch, lol. I end up less hungry because I need so much liquid. Which I guess just shows how everyone is just a bit different.

Marcellus
08-29-2012, 06:32 PM
I felt like my face was getting skinnier than my body, and now my body is catching up and I feel like I have a fat face again.

http://i.imgur.com/kcoaA.jpg

Thats pretty ****ing crazy man. Kudos.

Edit: Rivers is still a crybaby . LMAO

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Breakfast -
2 sausage links
2 bacon strips

Lunch -
String Cheese
1 Cup Cottage Cheese

Snack -
1 pack of salted almonds
1 pack of cinnamon almonds

Dinner -
????

O RLY

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Breakfast -
4 oz skim milk
1 slice bread (45 cal)

Snack-
Light string chz
Banana

Lunch -
Chef Boyardee Mac N Cheese
Kiwifruit

Snack -
Apple

Dinner -
16 oz Light beer
16 oz regular Beer (Emperyean Luna Sea ESB)
Chicken Sandwich w/ guacamole + mixed vegetables

Dessert-
6 oz Blood Orange greek yogurt
Edy's "fruit" bar (pineapple)
sugar free jell-o

Buck
08-29-2012, 07:02 PM
O RLY

Ordered like 12 chicken wings for lunch, when they arrived they were breaded :(

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Ordered like 12 chicken wings for lunch, when they arrived they were breaded :(

take that shit off and enjoy, son

Buck
08-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Taking breading off chicken is lame and it gets you all greasy and I didn't feel like fucking with it because how small they are.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Taking breading off chicken is lame and it gets you all greasy and I didn't feel like fucking with it because how small they are.

suppose you got a point

What did you do w/ them? throw them in the garbage?

Buck
08-29-2012, 07:07 PM
suppose you got a point

What did you do w/ them? throw them in the garbage?

Nope, I traded someone for their string cheese.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Took a spin off of Buck's staple for supper tonight. Pretty good shit!

Kroger Milk - Milk - 1%, 2.64 oz 33 4 1 3
Cream - Half and half, 8 container, individual (.5 fl oz) 156 5 14 4
Add Food Quick Tools 189 9 15 7
Lunch
Smart Balance Omega - Light Mayo, 1 Tbsp. 50 2 5 0
Great Value - Sliced Mild Cheddar Cheese, 2 slice 160 0 12 10
Oscar Mayer Deli Selects - Rotisserie Chicken Breast, 12 slices 100 4 2 20
Add Food Quick Tools 310 6 19 30
Dinner
Generic - 90% Lean 10% Fat Ground Sirloin Burgers, 7.5 oz 450 0 21 28
Generic - Tomato - Raw, Diced or Sliced, 3 ounces 25 4 0 1
Kraft - Mexican Style Taco Cheese - Shredded , 1/2 cup 200 2 16 12
Add Food Quick Tools 675 6 37 41
Snacks
Add Food Quick Tools

Totals 1,174 21 71 78
Your Daily Goal 2,657 365 88 99
Remaining 1,483 344 17 21
Calories Carbs Fat Protein

Buck
08-29-2012, 08:44 PM
I hate to break this to you but if you're doing Keto, Milk's gotta go.

Switch to Almond Milk.

Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla.

Ceej
08-29-2012, 08:46 PM
I finished 1200 calories under my goal for today.

Can admit I'm already feeling better.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-29-2012, 08:48 PM

Switch to Almond Milk.

I thought half and half would be better, but apparently not. I live in Hillbilly Hollywood. That shit is hard to find. I don't like it black but I can deal with it. Honestly though, I'm not sure I am keto. I'm drinking diet soda, and using sweet and low. I may be more carb controlled.

Saulbadguy
08-29-2012, 08:53 PM

Switch to Almond Milk.

That shit is so nasty.

Buck
08-29-2012, 08:53 PM
That shit is so nasty.

Not when you forget what Milk tastes like.

Then it tastes like milk.

Frosty
08-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Totals 1,174 21 71 78
Your Daily Goal 2,657 365 88 99
Remaining 1,483 344 17 21

If I'm reading the jacked up formatting right, you had 21 g of carbs, even with the milk.

That's ketogenic.

BTW, I would increase the protein quite a bit if you are going to stay that low carb. You'll lose muscle otherwise.

luv
08-29-2012, 10:28 PM

While I haven't given up milk, this is what I get for my protein shakes. Mixed with something else, you really can't tell that much of a difference.

Saul is right though. It's pretty nasty by itself.

pr_capone
08-29-2012, 11:06 PM
I hit 279.4 today (broke 280!!!) and that is after a gigantic meal at lunch today where I ate a steak, a chicken breast, a baked potato, and a dinner roll. That said, it is also the only thing I have eaten today. :D I am working in a series of goals.

Started working on this as of 6/10 and began at 317:

1st goal - 270 by my birthday which is in 4 weeks. (I'm on track!!!)
2nd goal - 245 by the end of the year
3rd goal - 220 by March 2013
4th goal - 205 by June 2013 (begin weight training)
5th goal - 215 (+10lb muscle) by September 2013
6th goal - 225 (+10lb muscle) by end of 2013
7th goal - 235 (+10lb muscle) by May 2014

NewChief
08-30-2012, 04:43 AM
All we drink is Almond Milk around my house. It's freaking delicious. Of course, we drink the "original" which is sweetened. I've tried the regular (not vanilla) unsweetened, and it's pretty foul. I don't ever actually drink it by the glass, though, just use it in cereal and cooking and such. My kids, on the other hand, pound that shit.

Milk is pretty disgusting to me these days.

Also: Wal-Mart carries almond milk now.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 06:03 AM
I hit 279.4 today (broke 280!!!) and that is after a gigantic meal at lunch today where I ate a steak, a chicken breast, a baked potato, and a dinner roll. That said, it is also the only thing I have eaten today. :D I am working in a series of goals.

How tall and how old are you?

Aspengc8
08-30-2012, 06:38 AM

Switch to Almond Milk.

8oz of milk isn't going to make or break keto. I've seen keto guys down 16oz gatorade during lifting and still show trace amounts on ketostix. The <50g day rule is just something to shoot for, it really depends on your activity level.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-30-2012, 06:39 AM

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure you can build 30lbs of muscle in 2 years, let alone 1.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Getting back on that horse. Knocked out an hour walk on the mean streets of Branson. Hit some hills that I thought was going to kill me, but kept on truckin.

Buck
08-30-2012, 06:48 AM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure you can build 30lbs of muscle in 2 years, let alone 1.

I've heard 10 lbs a year but I've also heard so many ridiculous things when it comes to diet/exercise that it might be BS.

NewChief
08-30-2012, 06:52 AM

There may be some mental benefit for you in separating your weight loss phase from your weight training phase, but there isn't any physiological. You can lift weights the entire time you're losing as well and likely accelerate that weight loss as well as make gains in your strength and overall fitness as you lose.

Saulbadguy
08-30-2012, 06:56 AM

Roids

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Roids

LMAO Juicing.

Sofa King
08-30-2012, 07:57 AM

I remember him saying he's about 56 years old and 5'6". Must have been another weight loss thread.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 08:04 AM
I remember him saying he's about 56 years old and 5'6". Must have been another weight loss thread.

If that's the case, it's hard for me to imagine a guy that short, pushing 60, going from 205 to 235 with solid muscle. You'd literally need to be more like 125 to 155 to do something like that.

luv
08-30-2012, 08:05 AM

The height may be correct, but he most certainly is not 56...LMAO

Braincase
08-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Sign me up. I have to come to terms with my size. When I got married in '96, I was around 235 at age 32, and as recently as July I popped in at 311. I'm 6'2", wearing a size 52 tall jacket. Waist fluctuates between 42 and 44. I turn 49 next month.

Since we started football practice with the boys 6th grade team, I've been more active, and am down to 303. I expect to crack 300 in the next week or so.

I have an irregular heart beat, and that gets to me, but I'm not restricted from exercise. The thing that restricts me the most are my knees, both reconstructed, no cartilage in my right knee. Will eventually have surgery, possible replacement on the right, but I'll put that off as long as possible.

(Thanks for the add)

morphius
08-30-2012, 08:20 AM
There may be some mental benefit for you in separating your weight loss phase from your weight training phase, but there isn't any physiological. You can lift weights the entire time you're losing as well and likely accelerate that weight loss as well as make gains in your strength and overall fitness as you lose.
It isn't even "likely", you lift weights and diet you will lose weight faster than diet and cardio or of course just diet. The general rule I keep reading is that you cardio burns calories for a little bit while lifting continues burns calories for 24 hours.

I loosely follow WW guidelines on food and basically alternate upper/lower lifting days with cardio and core the next. Take a day off every 3 days or so to let the body recover, and I tend to melt away at about 3 lbs a week. For the best weight loss from Cardio HIIT is the best way to go.

Sofa King
08-30-2012, 08:21 AM
If that's the case, it's hard for me to imagine a guy that short, pushing 60, going from 205 to 235 with solid muscle. You'd literally need to be more like 125 to 155 to do something like that.

Yeah. That old timer will probably die from all of this. He's just way too old to be working this hard.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Okay, so he's 31...now how tall?

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-30-2012, 08:39 AM
I really like the direction the Facebook page is going. I know not everyone is on there, or is comfortable linking their real identity to their CP persona, so I'm going to continue to post here. But I'm going to focus on that page because as Buck said, it's a place where we can just be ourselves. No online persona bullshit. I encourage anyone to get involved there. It's not just CP members.

jiveturkey
08-30-2012, 08:48 AM
It isn't even "likely", you lift weights and diet you will lose weight faster than diet and cardio or of course just diet. The general rule I keep reading is that you cardio burns calories for a little bit while lifting continues burns calories for 24 hours.

I loosely follow WW guidelines on food and basically alternate upper/lower lifting days with cardio and core the next. Take a day off every 3 days or so to let the body recover, and I tend to melt away at about 3 lbs a week. For the best weight loss from Cardio HIIT is the best way to go.
We seem to have similar routine but there are some slight differences.

My week breaks down like this (not every week is the same due to scheduling).

Monday - Heavy lifting - 20 pull ups (currently weight assisted), 50 unweighted squats as fast as I can do them, 50 push ups (currently from my knees), 3 different planking/core exercises (holding a pose for 90 seconds). I do this routine twice. This has lead to a major jump in muscle building and strength.

Tuesday - Either swimming, biking, walking or rowing. I go at a medium pace for a long distance. Nothing that's going to wear me out.

Wednesday - Day off

Thursday - Repeat the heavy lifting routine and try to increase my reps or difficulty.

Friday - Slow moving workout

Saturday - Sprinting - 400 meter warm up, 6 x 50 at half speed, 6 x 50 at full speed.

Sunday - Day off

Prior to this routine I was doing the old school cardio and weight interval training. Once I made the switch about 6 weeks ago everything changed. Weight started falling off faster and muscle started building more quickly.

pr_capone
08-30-2012, 11:24 AM

6'1 and 31

---

edit I am roughly following the same plan I did when I decided to enlist all those years ago... I am just starting out at a much higher weight then I did back then. I don't know if I am still capable of it but I was able to put on about 10lb of muscle in about 120 days. I was going off the same small sample but the goals are all adjustable other than what I want the final result to be. It may take me out to 2015 to do it but damn it... I will.

Saul Good
08-30-2012, 02:14 PM
6'1 and 31

---

edit I am roughly following the same plan I did when I decided to enlist all those years ago... I am just starting out at a much higher weight then I did back then. I don't know if I am still capable of it but I was able to put on about 10lb of muscle in about 120 days. I was going off the same small sample but the goals are all adjustable other than what I want the final result to be. It may take me out to 2015 to do it but damn it... I will.

235, even if you're stacked, is extremely overweight at your height.

pr_capone
08-30-2012, 03:44 PM
235, even if you're stacked, is extremely overweight at your height.

Adjustments will be made down the line as I get closer to goals... no doubt but I would rather be 235 with muscle vs what I was at 317 and mostly fat.

Saulbadguy
08-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Just dominated a footlong shlub-way. Time to go watch some football.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-30-2012, 06:20 PM
I feel like shit. Went blah about 2pm today. Of course I did get my hands on some green delivered fresh from the great state of Oregon. That may have been part of it. Rarely do I smoke during the day like that, but today was an exception. 20 grams carbs today, and a big fucking hill climbed this morning. Jesus. Thought I was gonna die. I know the food log is a clusterfuck, but I'm posting it for myself to look back on.

Your Food Diary For: Prev Thursday August 30, 2012 Next
Kroger Milk - Milk - 1%, 2 oz 25 3 1 2
Add Food Quick Tools 25 3 1 2
Lunch
Jimmy Dean - Hot Sausage, 2.6 oz. 260 1 22 12
Farmland - Center Cut 30% Less Fat Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon, 3.99 slices (15g) 93 0 5 9
Egg - Egg, Large , 2.5 large egg 180 1 12 16
Sour Cream - Daisy Light, 2 Tbsp (30 g) 40 2 3 2
Olympia Naturals Mexican Style Shredded Cheese - Spicy Pepperjack, Colby Jack and Cheddar With Real Jalapeno Peppers, 1/4 cup 90 2 8 7
Add Food Quick Tools 663 6 50 46
Dinner
Kraft - Mayo With Olive Oil Reduced Fat Mayonnaise Mj, 1.5 tbsp 15g 68 3 6 0
Oscar Mayer Deli Selects - Rotisserie Chicken Breast, 24 slices 200 8 4 40
Kroger - Sliced Cheese, 1.5 oz 165 0 14 11
Add Food Quick Tools 433 11 24 51
Snacks
Add Food Quick Tools

Totals 1,121 20 75 99
Your Daily Goal 2,941 404 98 110
Remaining 1,820 384 23 11

Frosty
08-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the low carb flu

It usually takes me close to two weeks to feel human again after cutting carbs that low but a lot of people adapt quicker.

morphius
08-30-2012, 11:12 PM
We seem to have similar routine but there are some slight differences.

My week breaks down like this (not every week is the same due to scheduling).

Monday - Heavy lifting - 20 pull ups (currently weight assisted), 50 unweighted squats as fast as I can do them, 50 push ups (currently from my knees), 3 different planking/core exercises (holding a pose for 90 seconds). I do this routine twice. This has lead to a major jump in muscle building and strength.

Tuesday - Either swimming, biking, walking or rowing. I go at a medium pace for a long distance. Nothing that's going to wear me out.

Wednesday - Day off

Thursday - Repeat the heavy lifting routine and try to increase my reps or difficulty.

Friday - Slow moving workout

Saturday - Sprinting - 400 meter warm up, 6 x 50 at half speed, 6 x 50 at full speed.

Sunday - Day off

Prior to this routine I was doing the old school cardio and weight interval training. Once I made the switch about 6 weeks ago everything changed. Weight started falling off faster and muscle started building more quickly.
I like to keep my body guessing a bit. The 100 degree weather has kept me off the bike, but I enjoyed mixing that in as well. I do forearm and side planks as part of my core workout, hate those puppies, lol. I'm constantly tweaking my routine to get the most out of. I sneak in 40 regular pushups as part of my core routine as it really stretches out my chest after the lifting the day before. I do know that when I switched from running on the elliptical machine in the pyramid workout to HIIT I dropped weight really fast.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-31-2012, 06:02 AM
Slept in, feeling sluggish, and don't want to do shit. Gonna be a challenge to get out and move today.

Saulbadguy
08-31-2012, 06:02 AM
Slept in, feeling sluggish, and don't want to do shit. Gonna be a challenge to get out and move today.

WELCOME TO KETO, bro!

It goes away after a few days.

Braincase
08-31-2012, 06:17 AM
Weighed in this morning, 303.8 PPW (pre-poop weight). I'll get plenty of exercise this afternoon getting work done in the yard.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-31-2012, 07:05 AM
My wife who doesn't have anywhere near the weight to lose that I do, nor has done most of the exercise that I have, got up exclaiming she's lost 3lbs already. Who knows where I'm at, frankly, not a single fuck is given at this point. October 1st is going to be tough, but I really want to stay away from scales until then. The fact is, I have a fuck ton to lose. Who cares if it's 5lbs, 6lbs, 7lbs, whatever pounds. I've got a lot more. (Talking to myself more than anything else right now)

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-31-2012, 07:24 AM
We're starting to pick up some steam on the Facebook page. I have 3 cousins that have joined it, and people are inviting their own friends to join. How does everyone feel about that? I had one person drop because it was just too many people they didn't know in there, and I never really thought of that. Would we prefer a CP inclusive Facebook page? Because we can make that happen. Give me some input guys and gals. I figure the more the merrier myself, because I know first hand people join, then forget about it a couple of weeks in.

luv
08-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Something I shared on there as lightheartedly as I could. STOP MAKING EXCUSES! Focus on what you CAN do and do it! :)

I'm talking to myself on that one as well. Reading through stories, though, I just noticed that everyone was listing reasons for not being able to do things. To me, that's a little discouraging. You have to change your frame of mind. Asking yourself if you're doing as good as you can is something that helps keep me in check.

luv
08-31-2012, 07:29 AM
We're starting to pick up some steam on the Facebook page. I have 3 cousins that have joined it, and people are inviting their own friends to join. How does everyone feel about that? I had one person drop because it was just too many people they didn't know in there, and I never really thought of that. Would we prefer a CP inclusive Facebook page? Because we can make that happen. Give me some input guys and gals. I figure the more the merrier myself, because I know first hand people join, then forget about it a couple of weeks in.

A lot of girls who look awesome in their profile pics saying they need to lose 30 lbs or whatever. And the guy saying "Do this and you can eat whatever you want!" I just need to remember that I'm not there to criticize people's methods or needs. Only to encourage.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-31-2012, 07:33 AM
A lot of girls who look awesome in their profile pics saying they need to lose 30 lbs or whatever. And the guy saying "Do this and you can eat whatever you want!" I just need to remember that I'm not there to criticize people's methods or needs. Only to encourage.

I didn't see the guy, but the girls are my cousins. Yeah, not exactly what I had in mind.

jiveturkey
08-31-2012, 07:34 AM
My meals for yesterday.

Lunch - left over eggs and pork sausage with pumpkin pancakes

Dinner - Are off the hot bar at the store - blackened chicken thighs, balsamic beats and peas.

The workout was heavy lifting and thank god today is a workout day off.

Saulbadguy
08-31-2012, 07:35 AM
I didn't see the guy, but the girls are my cousins. Yeah, not exactly what I had in mind.

Someone started inviting the Facebook accounts of "The Biggest Loser" stars.

:doh!:

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-31-2012, 07:36 AM

Yeah, I saw that. I did a little :facepalm: when I did.

luv
08-31-2012, 07:38 AM
I've gotten away from keeping a food journal. It's not something I want to lean on for the rest of my life, so I'm seeing how well I can do without it.

Derby practice kicks my ass sometimes. Last night wasn't too bad, though. However, they don't turn the air on during practices, so I can usually feel beads of sweat rolling down my back before I even get all of my gear on! Needless to say, I'm usually a bucket of sweat by the time I leave.

It's not really raining right now like I thought it was supposed to. More of a mist. If softball does end up getting cancelled tonight, though, I'm going to go skating instead.

jiveturkey
08-31-2012, 07:40 AM
I like to keep my body guessing a bit. The 100 degree weather has kept me off the bike, but I enjoyed mixing that in as well. I do forearm and side planks as part of my core workout, hate those puppies, lol. I'm constantly tweaking my routine to get the most out of. I sneak in 40 regular pushups as part of my core routine as it really stretches out my chest after the lifting the day before. I do know that when I switched from running on the elliptical machine in the pyramid workout to HIIT I dropped weight really fast.I also hate planking. I have seen the results so I'm continuing to do it but I'll continue bitching.

I also hate ellipticals. There's something about that motion that f's with my feat and my hips. If my back or knees feel out of whack a run seems to put everything back where it belongs. The elliptical does the opposite.

luv
08-31-2012, 07:44 AM
I also hate planking. I have seen the results so I'm continuing to do it but I'll continue bitching.

I also hate ellipticals. There's something about that motion that f's with my feat and my hips. If my back or knees feel out of whack a run seems to put everything back where it belongs. The elliptical does the opposite.

Planks. Ugh. I do them on my elbows. They're a bitch. As well as one legged bridges.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-31-2012, 08:59 AM

Hammered in, and got off of my ass though. Did some intermittent running and walking. 35 minutes is better than 0 when I had resolved myself to taking the day off. Love this feeling! Discipline. That's what makes me rise and fall.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-31-2012, 09:18 AM

I'll be damned. One of them that I've become pretty good friends with is actually in there liking statuses. I'll bet Arthur gets active on that page. But if so, he'll be the only one.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
08-31-2012, 10:30 AM
I'll be damned. One of them that I've become pretty good friends with is actually in there liking statuses. I'll bet Arthur gets active on that page. But if so, he'll be the only one.

Shit. He's in. I knew it. Dude lost over 200lbs on The Biggest Loser, he's a valuable resource particularly for LeAnn and the do it right crowd. Real down to Earth, cool as fuck cat. Thrilled to have him active on the page.

Ceej
08-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Money is super tight this week.

For lunch today - bologna with mustard, on flour tortillas.

luv
08-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Money is super tight this week.

For lunch today - bologna with mustard, on flour tortillas.

Never would have paired that. It sounds....interesting. :p

Ceej
08-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Never would have paired that. It sounds....interesting. :p

They're not bad, really. And mustard has no calories.

Cheap, easy meal and not terribly unhealthy.

Pestilence
08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
The 4 months that I was deployed......I would go to the chow hall and get a flour tortilla and fill it with tuna fish, cheese and mustard.

Ceej
08-31-2012, 12:44 PM
The 4 months that I was deployed......I would go to the chow hall and get a flour tortilla and fill it with tuna fish, cheese and mustard.

Also a great lunch.

I even bought some Milano cookies, 100 calorie packs for some sweetness.

luv
08-31-2012, 12:47 PM
They're not bad, really. And mustard has no calories.

Cheap, easy meal and not terribly unhealthy.

The mustard I get has 5 calories per tablespoon, but I never put a tablespoon of mustard on anything, so I don't generally count it. If you're not doing the low carb thing, the flour tortilla is a good choice. Might buy some ham or turkey instead of bologna if you can afford it. But it doesn't sound bad. Almost like having bologna and mustard on wheat bread, only the tortilla will have less calories. Good job!

Ceej
08-31-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm not on any diet per se.

Just trying to eat smarter and healthier.

To be where I want to be according to myfitness pal I'm allotted 2500 calories a day. Which I've not came close to yet.

Saulbadguy
08-31-2012, 12:50 PM
The mustard I get has 5 calories per tablespoon, but I never put a tablespoon of mustard on anything, so I don't generally count it. If you're not doing the low carb thing, the flour tortilla is a good choice. Might buy some ham or turkey instead of bologna if you can afford it. But it doesn't sound bad. Almost like having bologna and mustard on wheat bread, only the tortilla will have less calories. Good job!

Yeah, a tablespoon of mustard is a fuckton.

Tortillas are usually pretty high in calories unless you get the really small ones

Saulbadguy
08-31-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm not on any diet per se.

Just trying to eat smarter and healthier.

To be where I want to be according to myfitness pal I'm allotted 2500 calories a day. Which I've not came close to yet.
devil is in the dose, bro

Restaurant portions are always huge. Serving size on the package is generally a good way to go.

Electronic food scale makes it easy..

Ceej
08-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah, a tablespoon of mustard is a ****ton.

Tortillas are usually pretty high in calories unless you get the really small ones

The tortillas are 100 cal a tortilla.

Buck
08-31-2012, 01:01 PM
When I was eating bread, I liked those flat bread things they sell now.

Pestilence
08-31-2012, 01:03 PM
When I was eating bread, I liked those flat bread things they sell now.

These?

http://www.theiemommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/img_4064-300x225.jpg

Buck
08-31-2012, 01:06 PM
These?

http://www.theiemommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/img_4064-300x225.jpg

Yeah those things. Except I would just munch on them, like 4 a day.

NewChief
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Corn tortillas are about half the calories and a quarter of the carbs from their flour counterparts. The problem is that they suck to eat cold. However, if you can heat them up briefly on a stovetop or oven, they're awesome. My wife and I only eat corn tortillas these days. That being said, I used to carry a wrap to lunch with me at work, and a corn tortilla wouldn't really work well for that as it would be hard and chewy.

Buck
08-31-2012, 08:54 PM
That facebook thing is getting annoying as shit. For now I turned off the notifications.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-01-2012, 05:39 AM
So I decided to have a few drinks last night. Didn't eat anything afterwards because my dinner left me so full. Man that chicken veggie stir fry was dynamite! Lots of calories in whiskey, but still under 1100 for the day.

Your Food Diary For: Prev Friday August 31, 2012 Next
Kroger Milk - Milk - 1%, 3 oz 38 5 1 3
Add Food Quick Tools 38 5 1 3
Lunch
Hillshire Farms - Little Beef Smokies, 3 little smokies 102 1 9 4
Add Food Quick Tools 102 1 9 4
Dinner
Meat - Chicken Breast (Baked/Rotisserie), No Skin/Bone, 8 oz. 300 0 10 80
Fresh - Baby Bok Choy, 1 baby bok choy 7 2 0 1
Veg - Green Onion, 1/8 cup chopped 5 1 0 0
Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 0.5 cup, chopped 15 3 0 1
Life Force 100% Natural - Bean Sprouts, 0.5 cup 15 3 0 2
Ariel - White Onion, Raw, Diced, 0.33 cup (160g) 21 4 0 1
Steamed - Green Beans, 0.33 cup 12 0 0 1
Kikkoman Soy Sauce - Low Sodium, 4 Tbsp 40 4 0 4
Add Food Quick Tools 415 17 10 90
Snacks
Jim Beam - Whiskey (80 Proof), 6 oz 390 0 0 0
Jim Beam - Whiskey (80 Proof), 2 oz 130 0 0 0
Add Food Quick Tools 520 0 0 0

Totals 1,075 23 20 97
Your Daily Goal 2,752 378 92 103
Remaining 1,677 355 72 6

bevischief
09-01-2012, 05:47 AM
devil is in the dose, bro

Restaurant portions are always huge. Serving size on the package is generally a good way to go.

Electronic food scale makes it easy..

Why I always ask for a box to take at least half of it home.

Predarat
09-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Finially got on facebook and joined lol.

Braincase
09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Corn tortillas are about half the calories and a quarter of the carbs from their flour counterparts. The problem is that they suck to eat cold. However, if you can heat them up briefly on a stovetop or oven, they're awesome. My wife and I only eat corn tortillas these days. That being said, I used to carry a wrap to lunch with me at work, and a corn tortilla wouldn't really work well for that as it would be hard and chewy.

If you're going low-carb, try creating your own shell out of shredded cheese. Take shredded chedder (or whatever) and spread it around a paper plate. Microwave for about a minute. While it's still warm you can fold it over in half, or use it as a chip, or a crunchy accent in any other low carb meal.

Ceej
09-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Down 5lbs total (since I weighed in last time, before the FB group).

I think I'm going to celebrate with some bud lights tonight. LMAO

I'm getting a little annoyed with the FB group too. I like that everyone has one common goal and purpose.

Just think it would have went a little better with CP, imo.

But, I'll continue to follow it and post on there from time to time.

Saulbadguy
09-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Down 5lbs total (since I weighed in last time, before the FB group).

I think I'm going to celebrate with some bud lights tonight. LMAO

I'm getting a little annoyed with the FB group too. I like that everyone has one common goal and purpose.

Just think it would have went a little better with CP, imo.

But, I'll continue to follow it and post on there from time to time.

Miller 64, bro.

Ceej
09-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Miller 64, bro.

I may try that. If it tastes like warm asshole.

I will hunt you down, bro.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Hitting a wall. Carb flu is a motherfucker, and I don't want to do ANYTHING. I really hope my body reacts quickly because this really sucks. I was dog shit at work today. And I need to get up in the morning and do an ass kicking workout. Whew. I was warned, but damn.

lewdog
09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
I may try that. If it tastes like warm asshole.

I will hunt you down, bro.

The best way to get a buzz for the least amount of calories is regular vodka mixed with a sugar free drink.

When I drank Miller 64, I later called them to ask when they brewed the taste of ass in their beer?

Marcellus
09-01-2012, 03:08 PM
The best way to get a buzz for the least amount of calories is regular vodka mixed with a sugar free drink.

When I drank Miller 64, I later called them to ask when they brewed the taste of ass in their beer?

Scotch on the rocks, 70 calories an ounce, 0 carbs.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-01-2012, 03:10 PM

BOOM!

lewdog
09-01-2012, 03:13 PM

Yup, that and vodka are very close. Either one is a good choice. :thumb:

Ceej
09-01-2012, 03:28 PM
After a long day at work, 50+ work week I splurged a little bit.

24oz Bud Light, 6 pack of Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat.

CHeers my friends!

lewdog
09-01-2012, 05:08 PM
After a long day at work, 50+ work week I splurged a little bit.

24oz Bud Light, 6 pack of Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat.

CHeers my friends!

Cheers to you too. I had a long week as well. Drinking while I smoke some ribs. Told the bitch to take a hike while I watch football. Very productive day!

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I decided to go ahead and indulge today. Knocked out 1400 calories after having one helluva dinner. I ate a good sized lunch, and had a calorically dense, and fattening snack as well. This is all the proof I need that we eat really stupid as Americans. I did only eat half the steak though. The rest will make a nice breakfast with some eggs after an asskicking workout in the morning.

Your Food Diary For: Prev Saturday September 1, 2012 Next
Add Food Quick Tools

Lunch
Meat - Chicken Breast (Baked/Rotisserie), No Skin/Bone, 5.6 oz. 210 0 7 56
Fresh - Baby Bok Choy, 0.7 baby bok choy 5 1 0 1
Veg - Green Onion, 0.0875 cup chopped 4 1 0 0
Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 0.35 cup, chopped 10 2 0 0
Life Force 100% Natural - Bean Sprouts, 0.35 cup 11 2 0 1
Ariel - White Onion, Raw, Diced, 0.23 cup (160g) 15 3 0 0
Steamed - Green Beans, 0.23 cup 8 0 0 0
Kikkoman Soy Sauce - Low Sodium, 2.8 Tbsp 28 3 0 3
Add Food Quick Tools 291 12 7 61

Dinner
Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Spread - Light Cream Cheese Spread Wedge, 2 wedge 90 0 8 4
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 3 pepper 13 2 0 1
Farmland - Center Cut 30% Less Fat Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon, 3 slices (15g) 70 0 4 7
Carrots - Baby, raw, 3 medium 11 2 0 0
Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 0.33 cup, chopped 7 1 0 0
Walmart Market Special - Beef Ribeye Steak, 8 oz (112g) 640 0 54 38
Add Food Quick Tools 867 12 66 52

Snacks
Hill Shire Farms - Lil Smokies - Beef Smoke Sausage, 3 links 102 1 9 4
Nathan's Famous Cheddar Cheese Beef Franks - Hot Dogs, 1 Frank 160 1 14 7
Add Food Quick Tools 262 2 23 11

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/301214_4371755929828_160918041_n.jpg

Buck
09-03-2012, 01:15 PM
I couldn't find the fitness thread, so I'm posting here.

Why is this happening? I mean I know my traps are barely there, but the right one looks deformed. Am I favoring a side when lifting or do you think that's just how my muscle is?

http://i.imgur.com/8fvbu.jpg

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-03-2012, 02:09 PM
You're starting to look like a mafia boss. I don't know shit about it, but I would GUESS that you are favoring your right side and letting the left side do all of the work when you are lifting. But, yeah, wild guess. Don't have me killed bro.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Don't forget about this, folks.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/group.php?groupid=25

Ceej
09-03-2012, 02:11 PM
My guess is you need to start jerking off more with your right hand, man.

Godspeed.

bevischief
09-03-2012, 02:33 PM
I decided to go ahead and indulge today. Knocked out 1400 calories after having one helluva dinner. I ate a good sized lunch, and had a calorically dense, and fattening snack as well. This is all the proof I need that we eat really stupid as Americans. I did only eat half the steak though. The rest will make a nice breakfast with some eggs after an asskicking workout in the morning.

Your Food Diary For: Prev Saturday September 1, 2012 Next
Add Food Quick Tools

Lunch
Meat - Chicken Breast (Baked/Rotisserie), No Skin/Bone, 5.6 oz. 210 0 7 56
Fresh - Baby Bok Choy, 0.7 baby bok choy 5 1 0 1
Veg - Green Onion, 0.0875 cup chopped 4 1 0 0
Peppers - Sweet, green, raw, 0.35 cup, chopped 10 2 0 0
Life Force 100% Natural - Bean Sprouts, 0.35 cup 11 2 0 1
Ariel - White Onion, Raw, Diced, 0.23 cup (160g) 15 3 0 0
Steamed - Green Beans, 0.23 cup 8 0 0 0
Kikkoman Soy Sauce - Low Sodium, 2.8 Tbsp 28 3 0 3
Add Food Quick Tools 291 12 7 61

Dinner
Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Spread - Light Cream Cheese Spread Wedge, 2 wedge 90 0 8 4
Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 3 pepper 13 2 0 1
Farmland - Center Cut 30% Less Fat Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon, 3 slices (15g) 70 0 4 7
Carrots - Baby, raw, 3 medium 11 2 0 0
Squash - Zucchini, includes skin, raw, 0.33 cup, chopped 7 1 0 0
Walmart Market Special - Beef Ribeye Steak, 8 oz (112g) 640 0 54 38
Add Food Quick Tools 867 12 66 52

Snacks
Hill Shire Farms - Lil Smokies - Beef Smoke Sausage, 3 links 102 1 9 4
Nathan's Famous Cheddar Cheese Beef Franks - Hot Dogs, 1 Frank 160 1 14 7
Add Food Quick Tools 262 2 23 11

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/301214_4371755929828_160918041_n.jpg

You have to have few cheat days in any diet to avoid falling off the wagon.

Buck
09-03-2012, 04:44 PM
You have to have few cheat days in any diet to avoid falling off the wagon.

No you don't.

246 days strong for me.

Mr. Plow
09-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Well, I officially get started today after 10+ days of feeling like shit. Going to head home right after work, put on my spandex and get out for a run. Don't know how far I"ll make it, but I've got to start somewhere.

Ceej
09-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Well, I officially get started today after 10+ days of feeling like shit. Going to head home right after work, put on my spandex and get out for a run. Don't know how far I"ll make it, but I've got to start somewhere.

Mmmmm.....

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Really tryin to push right now. I'm low as fuck. This really is a shitty feeling. I hope it passes quickly. Didn't get out and exercise this morning, but my bodybugg has me pinned to burn up right around 4000 calories today so the walking around at work added up to something at least. Diet is mostly on point. Carbs aren't at 20 or less, but they are usually around 25-26. It's my coffee that's doing it. Veggies is where I'm getting the lion's share of them from though.

I have also been eating too much. 1600-1800 calories a day instead of the 1000-1200 I'm trying to stick too. I need to ramp it up and start doing more than this brisk walk that I have going on. I think it's elliptical machine time, and I'll be curious to see how quickly I adapt to it. I'm coming out of the gate with resistance this time, so it will be tough regardless. I just can't wait for this carb flu to go away.

Bwana
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Alright nuts, it's on! Post Labor Day Q and beverage done with, lets roll. It's time to smoke the "summer beer and Q 25."

Mr. Plow
09-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Well, two straight days of jogging. Tried to eat a little bit better today as well.

Buck
09-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Really tryin to push right now. I'm low as fuck. This really is a shitty feeling. I hope it passes quickly. Didn't get out and exercise this morning, but my bodybugg has me pinned to burn up right around 4000 calories today so the walking around at work added up to something at least. Diet is mostly on point. Carbs aren't at 20 or less, but they are usually around 25-26. It's my coffee that's doing it. Veggies is where I'm getting the lion's share of them from though.

I have also been eating too much. 1600-1800 calories a day instead of the 1000-1200 I'm trying to stick too. I need to ramp it up and start doing more than this brisk walk that I have going on. I think it's elliptical machine time, and I'll be curious to see how quickly I adapt to it. I'm coming out of the gate with resistance this time, so it will be tough regardless. I just can't wait for this carb flu to go away.

To be clear fiber doesn't count against your carbs. Not sure if you're counting those.

Spott
09-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I've lost 22lbs since I started going the gym full time along with running a couple of miles 4-5 times a week. I was 183 last fall which is the biggest I've ever been and now I'm at 161. Too bad this thread wasn't started last year because I doubt I can lose much more.

KcMizzou
09-05-2012, 11:26 PM
I wasn't in on this at the start. But I'm a fat dude. 5' 11" about 250 lbs. I eat shitty food, but not much of it. It's usually one meal a day for me. (just before bed) But... I drink a shit load of crappy beer... nightly. That's where the majority of my calories come from.

I think I've got gout. I've got this terrible pain right at the joint where my big toe meets my foot, and it's the second time. Last time, I thought I had a bone bruise, because I had recently (drunkenly) stubbed my toe running up the stairs.

Now that I have that same pain again, and nothing happened... I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It's difficult to walk, and it just popped up in the middle of the day. Anyone have any experience with it?

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Jesus. How long does this last? I fucking hate feeling all lethargic every day. I haven't exercised in 3 days. Today I got called into work, and got a huge promotion so that was well worth it. I WILL get out in the morning and sweat, but I'm really looking forward to this shit going away. I'm trying to treat it like detox, but detox shouldn't take forever...

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I wasn't in on this at the start. But I'm a fat dude. 5' 11" about 250 lbs. I eat shitty food, but not much of it. It's usually one meal a day for me. (just before bed) But... I drink a shit load of crappy beer... nightly. That's where the majority of my calories come from.

I think I've got gout. I've got this terrible pain right at the joint where my big toe meets my foot, and it's the second time. Last time, I thought I had a bone bruise, because I had recently (drunkenly) stubbed my toe running up the stairs.

Now that I have that same pain again, and nothing happened... I'm pretty sure that's what it is. It's difficult to walk, and it just popped up in the middle of the day. Anyone have any experience with it?

I wish I did know. Talk to a doctor definitely. I know at 450 I was miserable from all sorts of odd pains. I'd love to see you in this with us, B. Let me know if I can add your name to the list.

bevischief
09-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Jesus. How long does this last? I ****ing hate feeling all lethargic every day. I haven't exercised in 3 days. Today I got called into work, and got a huge promotion so that was well worth it. I WILL get out in the morning and sweat, but I'm really looking forward to this shit going away. I'm trying to treat it like detox, but detox shouldn't take forever...

Depends on how big you are and how much you went off the deep end. Took me about a week.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Jesus. How long does this last? I fucking hate feeling all lethargic every day. I haven't exercised in 3 days. Today I got called into work, and got a huge promotion so that was well worth it. I WILL get out in the morning and sweat, but I'm really looking forward to this shit going away. I'm trying to treat it like detox, but detox shouldn't take forever...

When I did Atkins is took 3-5 days to get over the hump.

bevischief
09-06-2012, 05:27 PM
No you don't.

246 days strong for me.

It all depends on how far you have to go to change your life to keep it off. I only had to it for a few weeks before I didn't need to do it. At this point only a few times a year usually around the holidays the homemade stuff is hard to pass up.

morphius
09-06-2012, 06:23 PM
tweaked my back over the weekend, it is just starting to feel better today. Still not sure what I did.

Ceej
09-06-2012, 07:10 PM
So I own a Foreman.

Getting chickened out.

Any other smart, healthier recommendations??

Saulbadguy
09-06-2012, 07:13 PM
So I own a Foreman.

Getting chickened out.

Any other smart, healthier recommendations??

Use a real grill.

Ceej
09-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Use a real grill.

Makes sense.

If I could at my apartment, sir.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Makes sense.

If I could at my apartment, sir.

Pork tenderloin.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-07-2012, 06:21 PM
So, were you guys like, angry during your induction? My wife and I both have been agitated as a motherfucker the last few days. Is that normal? I don't remember hearing about that. Also, this has been going on for a week. It needs to go away. I think today was better, and I think I'm coming out of it, but the agitation is an agitation. :)

bevischief
09-08-2012, 01:49 AM
So, were you guys like, angry during your induction? My wife and I both have been agitated as a mother****er the last few days. Is that normal? I don't remember hearing about that. Also, this has been going on for a week. It needs to go away. I think today was better, and I think I'm coming out of it, but the agitation is an agitation. :)

I was tried as hell during my first week my but I had training that week. But sounds normal. It sucks for about a week but you will be thank full long term.

Buck
09-08-2012, 02:20 AM
Hey Flop, if you're still feeling the ketoflu, drink some boullion. It's supposed to help.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Hey Flop, if you're still feeling the ketoflu, drink some boullion. It's supposed to help.

Seriously?

phisherman
09-08-2012, 05:20 AM
Powell Gardens 5k today. My first entered race. I've already ran over 5k twice this week to feel out the distance, but this is my first foray into organized running.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Powell Gardens 5k today. My first entered race. I've already ran over 5k twice this week to feel out the distance, but this is my first foray into organized running.

Enjoy it! It's a great feeling when you cross that finish line. There are pictures on this site somewhere of me completing my first one. Ran the whole thing. That was my goal. No walking. Have a blast, man.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-08-2012, 05:29 AM
I was tried as hell during my first week my but I had training that week. But sounds normal. It sucks for about a week but you will be thank full long term.

Awesome. I should be coming out right about now. I don't miss bread, pasta, or even pizza believe it or not. I couldn't understand the agitation, because there are zero cravings. I just want to be able to exercise and feel good about it. I'm trying something new today. I want to start exercising twice a day, so this morning I'm not going. I'm going to go tonight and build into doing it twice that way. I've always loathed evening exercise.

bevischief
09-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Awesome. I should be coming out right about now. I don't miss bread, pasta, or even pizza believe it or not. I couldn't understand the agitation, because there are zero cravings. I just want to be able to exercise and feel good about it. I'm trying something new today. I want to start exercising twice a day, so this morning I'm not going. I'm going to go tonight and build into doing it twice that way. I've always loathed evening exercise.

While I was where you are at stage I avoided bread, pasta, pizza like the plague now only once in while do I eat it. Like it has been said before this is a life style change. Change is hard but worth it. For me evening exercise I bought a stationary bike and either watched TV or played video games for about an hour while I did it.

Ceej
09-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm on the cusp on finally getting under 280. Three lbs to go.

Down 13 lbs from my original total (before the FB group was created).

bevischief
09-08-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm on the cusp on finally getting under 280. Three lbs to go.

Down 13 lbs from my original total (before the FB group was created).

Keep it up you are almost there!!!!!!!!!!

cabletech94
09-08-2012, 09:04 AM
so, not trying to be a huge dick or anything, but i was out on the town with my 5 y.o. this morning. and he was being relatively good (for a 5 y.o.).
and he asks "daddy, can we go to the donut store?"
as i pondered for a minute, i said sure, why not.

well, after my 2nd apple fritter, i think i may have died and gone to heaven (or haven, i don't know what the kids are calling it now).
point being: enjoy the little things once in awhile. don't over-indulge. and treat yourself to something special, every once in awhile.

p.s. did i mention that they were the best apple fritters ever?

phisherman
09-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Enjoy it! It's a great feeling when you cross that finish line. There are pictures on this site somewhere of me completing my first one. Ran the whole thing. That was my goal. No walking. Have a blast, man.

First 5k done and in the books! My goal was to finish in under 32 minutes. Crossed the finish line at 29:50, no walking, didn't even think about it for a second. Every mile was faster than the previous one.

Then I went over to the Heartland Harvest Garden and tried some of the hot peppers; whoa. I tried the Chinese Ornamentals, Black Pearls, Black Hungarians, but I stopped short of the Thai Dragons, Habaneros and Ghost Chilis.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-08-2012, 01:38 PM
First 5k done and in the books! My goal was to finish in under 32 minutes. Crossed the finish line at 29:50, no walking, didn't even think about it for a second. Every mile was faster than the previous one.

Then I went over to the Heartland Harvest Garden and tried some of the hot peppers; whoa. I tried the Chinese Ornamentals, Black Pearls, Black Hungarians, but I stopped short of the Thai Dragons, Habaneros and Ghost Chilis.

Right on! I was fat when I did mine, and finished in just under or over (I can't remember) 38 minutes. I was okay with that. Felt pretty damn good crossing that line in under 30 didn't it? Congrats!

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-08-2012, 01:43 PM
So, I discovered today that I have full access to all the amenities to our resorts here in town. I went and got on the elliptical for the first time in over a year and banged out a solid assed half hour on that mofo. Didn't burn any extra calories than I do from walking, which is retarded, but the fitness is increasing so I can burn more later. :fire:

I'm pretty excited. Take a nice 2.5 mile walk in the morning, then go bang out a half an hour or more on the elliptical after work, and some interval running on the treadmill afterward. I WILL BE A BEAST AGAIN!

P.S - Where the fuck all my fatties at? Check in, muthafuckas!

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Oh, btw, holy hell! I feel schizophrenic. Complete turnaround today. I feel absolutely fucking great! It's amazing. I woke up and was groggy for about 10 minutes, but I've been bouncing around all day and feeling like a million bucks. I absolutely loathe working out in the afternoon, but I loved it today. I've read about it, heard about it from you guys, but it's really incredible how much it changed almost over night. I haven't had this kind of energy in years. Maybe ever. Life's good. And I'm going to peel off some serious weight if this continues. How long did this last for you guys before you leveled out? I'm hoping 3 months, lol.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-13-2012, 07:30 AM
I don't want to post in this thing all by myself. I ordered pizza last night and got shit faced. Ate the toppings off the crust. Didn't eat after I got drunk, and was still under 2000 calories for the day after downing 10 oz. of Jim Beam. Felt pretty good considering it was a full on cheat day.

This is really a great diet. I just don't miss potatoes, and pasta like I thought I would. Been thinking about pizza for a few days and was completely good with eating the toppings and a little sauce with it. No clue what I weigh, don't care. Clothes fitting better, and I'm putting on clothes I had outgrown just a little over 2 weeks after starting up. I know it's going well. I may jump on a scale today just to make sure I'm on point. I dunno. It really hasn't mattered to me yet. I've got a long assed ways to go...

Anyway, I'll throw a post in every once in a while, but I'm not going to make this a blog like I did the last time. I'll just start a blog if I want to do that.

Saulbadguy
09-13-2012, 07:47 AM
I fit in to a pair of size 36 Jeans and Cargo shorts last night.

I honestly can't remember the last time that has happened.

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-13-2012, 07:51 AM

:clap: Nice! It's an amazing feeling isn't it? I remember when I got into a pair of 40's. First time since I was in the 9th grade. Yeah, I'm looking forward to the 30's. That's going to be when I know I've made it.

I will also say that while I haven't quit drinking, I have slowed way the fuck down. 1 night a week only. I've also started exercising a little more consistently. Got back on the elliptical machine and couldn't go more than 2 miles on it. Yesterday I banged out a 5k on the thing and felt like a rockstar!

Buck
09-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Yo Flop, I keep seeing you talk about 3 months. Don't put a hard or soft cap on your timeframe or goal weight. I did that and then realized that the time and weight I had set for myself weren't what I actually wanted to do. Just roll with it until you're ready to finish. Personally, I think you should be on Keto for longer than 3 months, but its obviously up to you.

Originally I set my goals at 6 months / 220 lbs and I realized that 220 was still pretty overweight. Also, I like Keto too much to change diets.

Anyways I hope that makes sense.

Ceej
09-13-2012, 08:12 AM

I thought I saw you at Wal Mart last night.

Saulbadguy
09-13-2012, 08:15 AM
I thought I saw you at Wal Mart last night.

:LOL:

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Yo Flop, I keep seeing you talk about 3 months. Don't put a hard or soft cap on your timeframe or goal weight. I did that and then realized that the time and weight I had set for myself weren't what I actually wanted to do. Just roll with it until you're ready to finish. Personally, I think you should be on Keto for longer than 3 months, but its obviously up to you.

Originally I set my goals at 6 months / 220 lbs and I realized that 220 was still pretty overweight. Also, I like Keto too much to change diets.

Anyways I hope that makes sense.

Yeah, my wife is wanting to do it longer than 3 months. And honestly, I see myself doing this indefinitely as of now. I like it. I don't miss the foods I used too think I would, and after ordering a pizza last night and being completely happy with peeling the cheese and toppings off of it, there is no reason to change. I love how I feel right now. How long does the extreme high after the carb flu last? I have no clue, but I hope it's forever. LOL

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-13-2012, 08:29 AM
BTW, myfitnesspal has my intake pegged at 60/35/5 and I'm not even trying. It's just natural, which is fucking awesome!

Hammock Parties
09-13-2012, 07:54 PM
This link is rather good for fatties.

http://www.eatthismuch.com/

http://i.imgur.com/v8pFe.jpg

Buck
09-17-2012, 05:49 PM
How's Keto treating ya Flop? My Facebook is broken. I can't go on Flopnuts Fatties for some reason.

I've been on a self imposed no weight/size loss the last 2 weeks because I want to fit in the tux I got fitted for 2 weeks ago. The wedding is this Sunday. I'm having trouble with it though. I'm still eating keto, but after putting on a good 5 lbs in the first week, I'm back down to where I was. Glad I only have to maintain for another week. Shit is nearly impossible on Keto.

Hammock Parties
09-19-2012, 05:16 AM
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-W6m46ff/0/L/i-W6m46ff-X3.jpg

Mr. BackseatModNuts
09-19-2012, 05:34 AM
How's Keto treating ya Flop? My Facebook is broken. I can't go on Flopnuts Fatties for some reason.

I've been on a self imposed no weight/size loss the last 2 weeks because I want to fit in the tux I got fitted for 2 weeks ago. The wedding is this Sunday. I'm having trouble with it though. I'm still eating keto, but after putting on a good 5 lbs in the first week, I'm back down to where I was. Glad I only have to maintain for another week. Shit is nearly impossible on Keto.

Pretty fucking awesome. When I did a strict calories in vs. calories out diet, I found myself feeling deprived frequently. I sucked it up and dealt with it, but I felt that way nonetheless. With Keto, I miss nothing but pizza. So I have pizza. Without the crust. I don't miss bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes. Potatoes was a shocker. I figured I'd miss the hell out of some mashed taters. Nope. Not at all. No deprivation, no hunger, no nothing. I'm good. I eat what I want, I naturally stay in that 60/35/5 range, and I'm happy.

I'm not exercising enough. I need to get that in. Really need to get that in. But I've lost over 20lbs. Oh, and I even stay away from carbs when I'm drinking. Helps we don't have many in the house, but my mind is straight with it. Question. I'm hearing that low carb diets fuck you up when your exercising. Something about the body eating muscle tissue to sustain exercise levels. Any validity?

Saulbadguy
09-19-2012, 05:40 AM
DEADLIFTS, MOTHERFUCKER

Aspengc8
09-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Pretty ****ing awesome. When I did a strict calories in vs. calories out diet, I found myself feeling deprived frequently. I sucked it up and dealt with it, but I felt that way nonetheless. With Keto, I miss nothing but pizza. So I have pizza. Without the crust. I don't miss bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes. Potatoes was a shocker. I figured I'd miss the hell out of some mashed taters. Nope. Not at all. No deprivation, no hunger, no nothing. I'm good. I eat what I want, I naturally stay in that 60/35/5 range, and I'm happy.

I'm not exercising enough. I need to get that in. Really need to get that in. But I've lost over 20lbs. Oh, and I even stay away from carbs when I'm drinking. Helps we don't have many in the house, but my mind is straight with it. Question. I'm hearing that low carb diets **** you up when your exercising. Something about the body eating muscle tissue to sustain exercise levels. Any validity?

There is some truth to that. Exercise is fueled by glycogen, which is basically a glucose polymer stored in your muscles. When carbs are consistently kept low, glycogen levels are decreased (hence why that first week or two, you lose a lot of water weight).

You will not be able to sustain intense levels of exercise for lengthy periods. As long as the bulk of your calories comes from fat, you shouldn't break down muscle for energy. It's just really hard to recover and almost impossible to build quality NEW muscle in the absence of insulin. I know sugar gets a bad rep, but when timed correctly it is awesome. One of the most anabolic hormones your body produces.

If you start smelling like ammonia when your working out/sweating.. its a sign of muscle tissue being broken down for glucose (energy).

WV
09-19-2012, 08:55 AM
I know there's a seperate thread somewhere for this, but I've been through P90X and P90X2 and Insanity is a whole other animal. If your looking to burn calories with intense cardio, you should check out Insanity. It's a bitch.

Pestilence
09-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Fucking life.

I've been doing better on the food part but the exercise part just isn't there. Excuses I know but with the wife starting up school again.....it's hard to find time in the evening. And with my kids being punks during the middle of the night.....it's hard as fuck to get up at 5 am to work out. I've got to figure something out.

Saul Good
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
****ing life.

I've been doing better on the food part but the exercise part just isn't there. Excuses I know but with the wife starting up school again.....it's hard to find time in the evening. And with my kids being punks during the middle of the night.....it's hard as **** to get up at 5 am to work out. I've got to figure something out.

I just started sprint-8. It's a really quick workout three times a week for 20 minutes, but it's intense as all hell. 30 seconds of balls-to-the-wall sprints followed by 90 seconds of jogging repeated 8 times. Couple minutes of jogging before and after for warm up and cool down, and that's it.

I run about 3-4 miles 3-4 times a week, do boxing/light mma training twice a week and have just started this. I'm a shade under 170 pounds and in pretty good shape, but this kicks my ass in a completely different way.

Pestilence
09-21-2012, 11:32 AM
I just started sprint-8. It's a really quick workout three times a week for 20 minutes, but it's intense as all hell. 30 seconds of balls-to-the-wall sprints followed by 90 seconds of jogging repeated 8 times. Couple minutes of jogging before and after for warm up and cool down, and that's it.

I run about 3-4 miles 3-4 times a week, do boxing/light mma training twice a week and have just started this. I'm a shade under 170 pounds and in pretty good shape, but this kicks my ass in a completely different way.

So it seems like it's basically the same premise as Couch to 5k....just with sprinting?

I might have to try that out.

Is there a website on it? Does it get progressively harder with longer sprint times and shorter jog times?

Saul Good
09-21-2012, 11:38 AM
So it seems like it's basically the same premise as Couch to 5k....just with sprinting?

I might have to try that out.

Is there a website on it? Does it get progressively harder with longer sprint times and shorter jog times?

No need for a website but there are plenty. There is no progression. You just run harder/faster as you improve, but the splits stay the same. You might not be able to go eight rounds at first depending on what kind of shape you're in, so it's okay to start at four or five and work your way up. I was able to go all eight my first time, but the eighth one about killed me. I wouldn't have been able to go nine.

Saulbadguy
09-21-2012, 11:39 AM
I GOT ME A PAIR OF BEASTS

First run on them after work

Pestilence
09-21-2012, 11:39 AM
No need for a website but there are plenty. There is no progression. You just run harder/faster as you improve, but the splits stay the same. You might not be able to go eight rounds at first depending on what kind of shape you're in, so it's okay to start at four or five and work your way up. I was able to go all eight my first time, but the eighth one about killed me. I wouldn't have been able to go nine.

Cool....I'll definitely look at integrating that into my workout. The faster the better considering my lack of time.

Saul Good
09-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Cool....I'll definitely look at integrating that into my workout. The faster the better considering my lack of time.

It's hard to find an excuse to puss out on a 20 minute workout three times a week. Trust me, I try.

Aspengc8
09-21-2012, 11:54 AM

So its basically HIIT 400m sprints? Sounds like fun. I'll stick to prowler pushes.

GordonGekko
09-21-2012, 12:12 PM
I GOT ME A PAIR OF BREASTS

First run on them after work

Nice dude, you in a dry spell?

Saulbadguy
09-27-2012, 05:57 AM
sup bitches.

Saul Good
09-27-2012, 06:34 AM
Been doing the sprint 8, and it's still kicking my ass. After doing it last night, I woke up with two whiteheads this morning. I haven't had that happen since high school. It's supposed to boost natural HHGH levels. Am I crazy for thinking that the two are related?

Saulbadguy
09-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Been doing the sprint 8, and it's still kicking my ass. After doing it last night, I woke up with two whiteheads this morning. I haven't had that happen since high school. It's supposed to boost natural HHGH levels. Am I crazy for thinking that the two are related?

Maybe? I don't know. Pop them and go about your merry day.

Saul Good
09-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Maybe? I don't know. Pop them and go about your merry day.

That's what I did. I'm not stopping my routine, either way. The results are too good.

I do boxing/light mma training on Sundays and Tuesdays, sprint 8 three times a week, and run anywhere from 2-5 miles three or four times a week.

Saulbadguy
09-27-2012, 06:46 AM
I've been developing what I think (per googling) is tendinitis on the top of my foot. The day after a run I start feeling pain when I lift my big toe, and if I put my finger on it while I lift I can feel it "squeaking".

I did run 3.11 miles on the treadmill on Monday - longest i've ever ran in my life, felt like I was going to die.

phisherman
09-27-2012, 06:48 AM
I've been developing what I think (per googling) is tendinitis on the top of my foot. The day after a run I start feeling pain when I lift my big toe, and if I put my finger on it while I lift I can feel it "squeaking".

I did run 3.11 miles on the treadmill on Monday - longest i've ever ran in my life, felt like I was going to die.

5k time.

Saulbadguy
09-27-2012, 06:49 AM
5k time.

33:35. Not fast at all. But, it's a time.

phisherman
09-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Oh, sorry, I just meant that it's time to run your first 5k race.

Saulbadguy
09-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Oh, sorry, I just meant that it's time to run your first 5k race.

Yeah, i've been meaning to register for one.

Saul Good
09-27-2012, 07:01 AM

What's your height and weight?

Saulbadguy
09-27-2012, 07:04 AM
What's your height and weight?

5'8
188 lbs

Saul Good
09-27-2012, 07:09 AM
5'8
188 lbs

Your time will likely be a lot better if you run outside versus on a treadmill. I'd bet you could challenge 30:00.

phisherman
09-27-2012, 09:29 AM

There's nothing wrong with that time. A friend of mine that is a serious runner AND a doctor has always said this, "It doesn't matter whether you're running, slow jogging, or walking, the important thing is that you're moving."

That really inspired me. Even if you're only walking a mile per day, you're still moving.

Just ran my first 5k about a month ago and actually came in at 29:58. I'm 5'8" and 195. Started running a couple months ago. My original goal was to walk/run 50 miles per month. The last two months have been 70+.

Just keep moving. Speed is relative.

Aspengc8
09-27-2012, 09:35 AM

yep.. its probably from sweating. They use to tout the same stuff about squats and deadlifts raising T levels, etc.

Saul Good
09-27-2012, 10:24 AM
yep.. its probably from sweating. They use to tout the same stuff about squats and deadlifts raising T levels, etc.

The sweating is nothing new. The tabata style training is, though.

Pestilence
09-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Day 2 of Low Carb.....I'm damn sure I didn't go over 20 carbs. The good thing is that I really haven't been hungry....at all. So....a couple of questions for everyone who's doing it.

1. When you count carbs.....are you counting total carbs or total carbs minus the fiber (like in Atkins)? Just wondering...

2. I haven't hit a fog yet or anything like that....but what I have hit is the fucking bathroom. In the last two days....I think I've shit like 5 times. That normal?

And lastly....anyone can offer advice on this one. I've been thinking....and I think I'm going to roll with the low carb...plus intermittent fasting. Say for instance I stop eating at 7PM. I normally don't eat lunch till around 12-1 PM anyways....and I'm not a huge fan of breakfast (and I don't have the time honestly). So that would give me a 17-18 hour fast each day. Does anyone see any problems?

Buck
10-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Day 2 of Low Carb.....I'm damn sure I didn't go over 20 carbs. The good thing is that I really haven't been hungry....at all. So....a couple of questions for everyone who's doing it.

1. When you count carbs.....are you counting total carbs or total carbs minus the fiber (like in Atkins)? Just wondering...

2. I haven't hit a fog yet or anything like that....but what I have hit is the fucking bathroom. In the last two days....I think I've shit like 5 times. That normal?

And lastly....anyone can offer advice on this one. I've been thinking....and I think I'm going to roll with the low carb...plus intermittent fasting. Say for instance I stop eating at 7PM. I normally don't eat lunch till around 12-1 PM anyways....and I'm not a huge fan of breakfast (and I don't have the time honestly). So that would give me a 17-18 hour fast each day. Does anyone see any problems?

1. Our text went over that, but yes, subtract carbs.

2. You may not hit a fog. Then again you probably will. When I did, it wasn't as bad as most people's. To me it felt like I was perma-stoned for like 24 hours. As far as the bathroom, your body is adjusting. Soon you will notice you aren't going to the bathroom as often. Make sure you drink at least 2L of water (4L is preferable) a day, and eat at least one serving of green veggies a day to stay regular.

As far as Intermittent Fasting goes, it's a widely controversial topic. I say go for it and see how you like it.

Buck
10-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Also, since my first goal has passed (Sept 23 wedding where I was a groomsman), my new goal is to bang a hottie from the gym. Pretty shallow, but screw it, I want them, and the goal is to make them want me. :)

NewChief
10-01-2012, 07:11 PM

My wife and I both did Sprint 8 for years. It's a good, quick sprint program. Fun to see your progress as your max speed and "recovery" speeds climb. I think I was recovering at like 7.5 or 8 by the time I finished doing it and sprinting at like 14 or 15? I can't remember, though. That was the last running program I ever did (though I've been considering getting back on a sprinting program).

And yeah, basically a quick HIIT program for the treadmill.

Pestilence
10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
So far haven't been doing bad on the low carb/intermittent fasting change. I stop eating at 8-9 PM.....and I don't eat lunch until 1 PM the next day. 15-16 hours of fasting every day and I'm keeping my carbs under 25 during my eating window. So far in close to two weeks....I'm down 10 lbs. And that's with NO exercising....because I can't get my fat ass to have any motivation to work out. Starting to piss myself off.

Buck
10-02-2012, 03:41 PM
You should probably stay under 20g of net carbs per day.

I found out that when there are major hotties at the gym, I actually want to go there.

Gonna hit up the gym today for some active recovery.