PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Chiefs have the 47th best uniform in sports

MoreLemonPledge
08-24-2012, 03:45 PM
According to ESPN's Uni Watch Power Rankings.

The Chiefs have had essentially the same look throughout the franchise's entire existence, which may explain why an increasing number of Uni Watch readers have recently been clamoring for them to get a makeover. But you know what they say about something that ain't broke, and that definitely applies here. Just one request: Please don't go white-over-white ever again -- not when you have those gorgeous red pants available.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8275736/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

The Royals clock in at number 25.

Even in an age of 24/7 media coverage, the Royals largely have flown under the radar. They've been so bad for so long, they're never on national TV, and most fans outside of Missouri probably can't name more than three players on the roster. But for all of the franchise's flaws, its uniforms are badly underrated. Granted, it's not a groundbreaking design -- basically Dodgers Lite -- but if you're going to lose all of those games, you might as well look good while doing so.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8295892/uni-watch-power-rankings-rates-nfl-mlb-nba-nhl-uniforms-1-122

SNR
08-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I've always thought the Bears looked like shit. Probably because their colors so closely resemble the Donks.

To me, no uniform will ever beat Houston's oil derrick on the helmet. That was just plain fucking cool.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I like ours and wouldn't want it changed.

I hate San Francisco's the most.

I like Tampa's the best. The pewter is sweet.

MoreLemonPledge
08-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I've always thought the Bears looked like shit. Probably because their colors so closely resemble the Donks.

To me, no uniform will ever beat Houston's oil derrick on the helmet. That was just plain fucking cool.

Agreed. If I were to ever buy a "throwback", it would be an Earl Campbell Oilers jersey.

Deberg_1990
08-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I agree. Chiefs uniforms are boring and could use a fresh update.

Royals are fine....they have changed over the years, but because they suck, nobody cares.

Urc Burry
08-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I wish we would go with the solid red socks Bowe,Flowers, and Carr pulled off on that Monday night game

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-24-2012, 04:29 PM
I wish we would go with the solid red socks Bowe,Flowers, and Carr pulled off on that Monday night game

That was smooth.

Detoxing
08-24-2012, 04:31 PM

That'd probably be the only change i'd make.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I agree. Chiefs uniforms are boring and could use a fresh update.Royals are fine....they have changed over the years, but because they suck, nobody cares.

No, they really couldn't. Screw that.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I love ours and hope we never change. If we do, so be it. It won't bother me but I love our current unis.

pr_capone
08-24-2012, 04:36 PM
This thread is like a course in CP Fashion Design 101. Seriously though... unless you are looking like the old Houston Astros, who the fuck cares?

RunKC
08-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I would rather get a new stadium before new jerseys.

I think it would be cool to see what Nike could create. Just try out a new jersey in a preseason game one time and get a gauge on what people think.

Deberg_1990
08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
No, they really couldn't. Screw that.

Why not? Nearly every other team in the league upates their uniforms or has a cool throwback uni. Why not the Chiefs?

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Why not? Nearly every other team in the league upates their uniforms or has a cool throwback uni. Why not the Chiefs?

Teams with shitty uniforms change them. No reason to do so when they are a classic that still looks good.

Deberg_1990
08-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Teams with shitty uniforms change them. No reason to do so when they are a classic that still looks good.

They still look good, i just would like some variety every now and then.

They are probably leaving some money on the table with sales as well. New unis always sell well.

warpaint*
08-24-2012, 05:07 PM

^^^^^^^^^^

MoreLemonPledge
08-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I like the current uniforms. The red socks made the whole thing look sick, though.

thurman merman
08-24-2012, 09:12 PM

Cause they are awesome.

Frankie
08-24-2012, 09:31 PM
WE HAVE THE 11th BEST UNIFORM IN THE NFL ,BABY!

(Frankly I think we should be much higher.)

notorious
08-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Donks changed their uniforms and won two superbowls.

Wait, they had a real QB. Nevermind.

zigbazah
08-24-2012, 10:42 PM
I'd love a switch to all red socks. They freshen up the classic look.

lcarus
08-25-2012, 12:06 AM
I like our current uniforms/logo but would also like to see a good update.

Lightrise
08-25-2012, 07:01 AM
The Chiefs red and black consumer wear was great back in the Marty days. That would be something good, weave the black into the pants or use it somehow to hide holding.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-25-2012, 09:09 AM
According to ESPN's Uni Watch Power Rankings.

The Chiefs have had essentially the same look throughout the franchise's entire existence, which may explain why an increasing number of Uni Watch readers have recently been clamoring for them to get a makeover. But you know what they say about something that ain't broke, and that definitely applies here. Just one request: Please don't go white-over-white ever again -- not when you have those gorgeous red pants available.

It's not humanly possible for me to disagree with that any more than I do.

morphius
08-25-2012, 09:19 AM
It's not humanly possible for me to disagree with that any more than I do.
Only people that think elvis's jump suit should still be in style would every possibly think that white on white is a great idea. Next time you find yourself thinking that the white uni's are good, go pick yourself up some tight white pants and a tight white shirt, take a picture and post it on the web and watch it became the latest "you are gayer than this" meme.

Big Smoke
08-25-2012, 09:23 AM

I agree. That looked badass.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Only people that think elvis's jump suit should still be in style would every possibly think that white on white is a great idea. Next time you find yourself thinking that the white uni's are good, go pick yourself up some tight white pants and a tight white shirt, take a picture and post it on the web and watch it became the latest "you are gayer than this" meme.

I know I'm in the minority. The white on white is clean and classic imo. The red pants are ugly as crap... and yes I know we wore red pants back in the glory days. Didn't like them then either. So sue me.

Our home uni's may be the best in the NFL and our roads close to the worst. JMO and like I said, I know not many agree.

Believe it or not it's not the first time I've had a differing opinion than most heh.

morphius
08-25-2012, 09:54 AM
I know I'm in the minority. The white on white is clean and classic imo. The red pants are ugly as crap... and yes I know we wore red pants back in the glory days. Didn't like them then either. So sue me.

Our home uni's may be the best in the NFL and our roads close to the worst. JMO and like I said, I know not many agree.

Believe it or not it's not the first time I've had a differing opinion than most heh.
lol, I know. The planet has had this discussion no less than 20 times. I just figured I'd put my part out there in the most blunt way I could.

Dr. Facebook Fever
08-25-2012, 10:28 AM
lol, I know. The planet has had this discussion no less than 20 times. I just figured I'd put my part out there in the most blunt way I could.

It was a pretty good analogy. I'm thinking about buying an Elvis jump suit now. It might be pretty sweet.

Frankie
08-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Donks changed their uniforms and won two superbowls.

Wait, they had a real QB. Nevermind.

And a commissioner who was pals with their owner.

Psyko Tek
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
never really gave a fuck about the uniform until the texans throw back.

and that pissed me off bad

keep
red/ white
home
white/red
road
red sox fine
and let nike make shoes

do not need to see any swoosh stripes on my team
just bring back warpaint
(the horse, and the blonde)