PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Crennel not planning drastic changes to offense, defense

Tribal Warfare
08-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Crennel not planning drastic changes to offense, defense (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/25/3779410/crennel-backs-off-on-making-drastic.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
In his moments of despair after the Chiefs finished taking their beating from the Seattle Seahawks on Friday night, Romeo Crennel sounded like a coach ready to seriously consider some drastic measures. Among them: leaving his duties as defensive coordinator for someone else and scrapping the offensive and defensive plans.

A day later, having had time to digest the 44-14 preseason defeat, Crennel was back on a more even keel. Crennel said Saturday he talked out of frustration immediately after the game and the Chiefs would stay their present course as they prepare for Thursday night’s final preseason game against the Packers in Green Bay.

“We’re not ready to throw the offense or the defense in the trash can or anything like that,” Crennel said. “The thing that we have to do is refine some techniques and we have to play better. Our guys are capable of doing that. We’ve got good ability on the team. I still feel that way. I still feel like we can make some plays and do some things. But we also have to be diligent about doing our responsibilities and executing our responsibilities and executing them at a high level.

“I’m frustrated because of the way the game turned out but as you look at it, it’s not as bad as it seemed. There are some good things in the game. Guys are hustling and trying to play and trying to do the right thing. But in this team game, if you have one guy who’s not on top of his game, then the other team, sometimes they can find the soft spot. (Seattle) found the soft spot a couple of times (Friday) night. We’ve got to shore up the soft spot and not allow there to be any and then we’ll be able to be competitive from that point.”

Crennel said the Chiefs would approach the Packers game with some urgency.

“Coming off a game like we’re coming off of, you want your starters to go out there and try to make a good showing,” Crennel said. “Then I’m going to tell them the same thing, though. I’m going to tell them to be ready to play. Then when I take them out, I take them out. I want those guys to understand they need to be ready to play however long it takes.”

After a strong start to the preseason in a win against Arizona, the Chiefs have faltered since. They lost to the Rams in St. Louis a week ago and were barely competitive against the Seahawks.

The defense, supposed to be a strength, was shredded two weeks in a row. The Seahawks scored on their first six possessions.

The Chiefs played well offensively until Friday night. Then things were a mess. Quarterback Matt Cassel lost a fumble and threw an interception with the Chiefs inside the Seattle 20.

“We’ve obviously shown flashes of being really good and then we’ve obviously shown a lot of inconsistency as well,” Cassel said. “We’ve shown we can play at a high level at times. But it’s not good enough right now. We’ll do whatever we need to do to get it fixed.

“A lot of times in preseason you’re working different things out. I’m glad it is preseason right now. We do have time to get better. It’s not all negative.”

The most serious of the injuries from the Seattle game appears to be to cornerback Jalil Brown’s groin. He was starting in place of Brandon Flowers, who hasn’t played or practiced in almost a month.

Crennel said it was unlikely Flowers or Brown would play against the Packers. That leaves Jacques Reeves as a starting cornerback.

Reeves has been a starter for Dallas and Houston but hasn’t played in a regular season NFL game since 2009.

“Jacques made a play in the game (Friday) night on a long ball down the sideline. Now, (Terrell Owens) also caught one on him but he did make a play. He’s got a little experience so I think he’ll go out and do a pretty good job.”

Starting nose tackle Anthony Toribio (ankle) and wide receiver Terrance Copper (groin) also appear unlikely to play against Green Bay. Crennel said two other players injured against Seattle, defensive linemen Glenn Dorsey (knee) and Allen Bailey (ankle) had a chance to play in Green Bay.

Bowser
08-25-2012, 11:35 PM
After the last two weeks, I see no reason to change anything the team is doing. /absolutely nobody

DaneMcCloud
08-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Whew! Now I'll be able to sleep better.

milkman
08-25-2012, 11:37 PM
I bet Charlie Weis helped him reach that decision.

royr17
08-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Jacques Reeves starting :banghead: :# :cuss:

J Diddy
08-26-2012, 12:01 AM

4th game of the preseason. No need to fret.

mikey23545
08-26-2012, 12:22 AM
“We’re not ready to throw the offense or the defense in the trash can or anything like that,” Crennel said. “The thing that we have to do is refine some techniques and we have to play better. Our guys are capable of doing that. We’ve got good ability on the team. I still feel that way. I still feel like we can make some plays and do some things. But we also have to be diligent about doing our responsibilities and executing our responsibilities and executing them at a high level.

“I’m frustrated because of the way the game turned out but as you look at it, it’s not as bad as it seemed. There are some good things in the game. Guys are hustling and trying to play and trying to do the right thing. But in this team game, if you have one guy who’s not on top of his game, then the other team, sometimes they can find the soft spot. (Seattle) found the soft spot a couple of times (Friday) night. We’ve got to shore up the soft spot and not allow there to be any and then we’ll be able to be competitive from that point.”

Really?

You've just gotten shellacked 2 games in a row, really looking outmanned as hell, and all you have to do is tweak things a little, make some minor adjustments, or just shore up a "soft spot"?

You've given up 75 points in two games, but "it’s not as bad as it seemed"?

Uh huh, OK...

Just Passin' By
08-26-2012, 12:26 AM
This is a non-story. It's the preseason. If he said that the team needed a radical overhaul at this point, I'd expect him to be fired the next day.

Dave Lane
08-26-2012, 12:34 AM
This is a non-story. It's the preseason. If he said that the team needed a radical overhaul at this point, I'd expect him to be fired the next day.

No that would only happen if he said Cassel had to go,

Psyko Tek
08-26-2012, 02:27 AM
after the rams first drive given up preseason,but will be there every sunday with red beer watching this team get shellacked again
no faith

the Talking Can
08-26-2012, 05:43 AM

thanks for that profound insight...we would be lost without you

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Jacque Reeves :#

BoneKrusher
08-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Really?

You've just gotten shellacked 2 games in a row, really looking outmanned as hell, and all you have to do is tweak things a little, make some minor adjustments, or just shore up a "soft spot"?

Uh huh, OK...
yeah i hear ya man

it's Coaching the Patriot way..

only one problem, The Chiefs are not the Pats.

Hog Farmer
08-26-2012, 07:49 AM
We'll get murdered by Atlanta and then we'll wheel of 12 straight wins.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-26-2012, 07:56 AM
We haven't shown anything since Arizona imo. Against them, we blitzed and ran the ball well. We committed to running in that game. It was a smart move by Crennel imo. while most teams show the most in the 3rd preseason game, we did it in the first one. Teams will overlook that tape imo.

Tuckdaddy
08-26-2012, 07:57 AM

Really?

Uh huh, OK...

5 SB rings as a coach. I'll give him the benefit of a doubt that he knows what he's talking about.

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 08:04 AM
5 SB rings as a coordinator

0 anything as a HEAD COACH.

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt when he first wins a playoff game as a head coach

Big Smoke
08-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Does anyone have any info on Flowers? He is the one we need back ASAP.

WhiteWhale
08-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Knee jerk planet. Gotta love it.

Coogs
08-26-2012, 09:51 AM
I know I am going to get blasted for this, but I hope that Crennel names a #2 QB this week. Don't really care if he goes with Stanzi or Quinn. Then I hope like hell that whoever he names starts getting some reps in practice with the #1's.

IMO, that would be the best overall thing that can happen to this team, because I just have a gut feeling that the team feels the same way about Cassel that most all of us do. I just don't think that the team has faith in their QB to lead them if things are not going according to plan. And this goes for both sides of the ball.

This may just be my opinion, but I believe that when Orton was the QB the last 3 games last year that we saw significant improvement of not only the offense but the defense as well, was the fact that the entire team had faith in the QB to be able to make plays.

And even though Orton is now gone, the difference he made in what this team was able to do... that they couldn't for the past 3 years... was like night and day. And it appears this preseason that Pioli is trying to get his boy Cassel to replicate what Orton could do , and it is failing.

And while some here do not believe Quinn... or Stanzi... deserve to take snaps with the #1's, I think they do. I do not believe that either one of them is that much different than Orton, and just might be able to make the plays that Cassel can not.

And that in turn would solve our biggest soft spot... the one between the players ears... that is a belief that we have a chance in every game no matter what.

Ace Gunner
08-26-2012, 10:01 AM
I know I am going to get blasted for this, but I hope that Crennel names a #2 QB this week. Don't really care if he goes with Stanzi or Quinn. Then I hope like hell that whoever he names starts getting some reps in practice with the #1's.

IMO, that would be the best overall thing that can happen to this team, because I just have a gut feeling that the team feels the same way about Cassel that most all of us do. I just don't think that the team has faith in their QB to lead them if things are not going according to plan. And this goes for both sides of the ball.

This may just be my opinion, but I believe that when Orton was the QB the last 3 games last year that we saw significant improvement of not only the offense but the defense as well, was the fact that the entire team had faith in the QB to be able to make plays.

And even though Orton is now gone, the difference he made in what this team was able to do... that they couldn't for the past 3 years... was like night and day. And it appears this preseason that Pioli is trying to get his boy Cassel to replicate what Orton could do , and it is failing.

And while some here do not believe Quinn... or Stanzi... deserve to take snaps with the #1's, I think they do. I do not believe that either one of them is that much different than Orton, and just might be able to make the plays that Cassel can not.

And that in turn would solve our biggest soft spot... the one between the players ears... that is a belief that we have a chance in every game no matter what.

RC said he is going to name the 2nd QB this week. No mystery though, is it.

Mostly still a young football team, the first team needs to play the half this next game. No point in "saving them for the superbowl" when they can't even find their own ass. Cassel, though a vet, needs to work on that celebration move:D

Coogs
08-26-2012, 10:12 AM
RC said he is going to name the 2nd QB this week. No mystery though, is it.

By this week, I was meaning like today or tomorrow. Whenever the first practice of the week is. Not waiting until after the game Thursday night.

Ace Gunner
08-26-2012, 10:18 AM
By this week, I was meaning like today or tomorrow. Whenever the first practice of the week is. Not waiting until after the game Thursday night.

I think he will name his guy monday during his presser.

Pestilence
08-26-2012, 10:22 AM
We haven't shown anything since Arizona imo. Against them, we blitzed and ran the ball well. We committed to running in that game. It was a smart move by Crennel imo. while most teams show the most in the 3rd preseason game, we did it in the first one. Teams will overlook that tape imo.

:facepalm:

bishop_74
08-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Shore up Browns side of the field and have the receivers catch some (understandably) dropped passes and the last games outcome is very different.

J Diddy
08-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Shore up Browns side of the field and have the receivers catch some (understandably) dropped passes and the last games outcome is very different.

Some were understandable, some were not.

Coogs
08-26-2012, 10:29 AM
I think he will name his guy monday during his presser.

I hope so, because Friday is still this week to.

This team does have a soft spot. Orton exposed it.

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 10:30 AM

how do you shore up Browns side of the field? How do you polish a turd exactly? He has shown no potential and no upside so far. Other than praying and hoping Flowers or Daniels get touched by the hand of god and wake up fully healed from their lingering injuries, there is no other way but to swallow the fact that if Brown has to play a CB1 or CB2 in an actual NFL game, our defense is ****ed. It is what it is.

It's funny because Brown was suppose to be this training camp god, some bozo on here was claiming he would beat out Stanford Routt for a starting job and all this other nonsense. And the guy is awful. He is the reason Jon Baldwin looks like the second coming of Jerry Rice in training camp

WilliamTheIrish
08-26-2012, 10:30 AM
All is well, Romeo.

This franchise has metastatic disease. And Clark is the primary brain tumor.

J Diddy
08-26-2012, 10:33 AM
how do you shore up Browns side of the field? How do you polish a turd exactly? He has shown no potential and no upside so far. Other than praying and hoping Flowers or Daniels get touched by the hand of god and wake up fully healed from their lingering injuries, there is no other way but to swallow the fact that if Brown has to play a CB1 or CB2 in an actual NFL game, our defense is ****ed. It is what it is.

It's funny because Brown was suppose to be this training camp god, some bozo on here was claiming he would beat out Stanford Routt for a starting job and all this other nonsense. And the guy is awful. He is the reason Jon Baldwin looks like the second coming of Jerry Rice in training camp

The first step in polishing a turd is to wait until it hardens, otherwise you got a big slimy mess.

I think he's talking about flowers return as the solution to shoring that up. In terms of Baldwin, the acrobatic catches is what got everyone excited.

KCUnited
08-26-2012, 10:39 AM

So Romeo intentionally didn't show anything during the 3rd preseason game yet is frustrated by the results, ok.

J Diddy
08-26-2012, 10:41 AM
So Romeo intentionally didn't show anything during the 3rd preseason game yet is frustrated by the results, ok.

Is possible. Not likely, though.

Setsuna
08-26-2012, 10:43 AM

Dude your "imo" sucks. They have a serious problem. Teams are going to key on the secondary and then gut you in the running game. Do you guys have any coverage LBs or just run stopping, blitzing LBs? It seems to be the latter. Decent TEs will rape.

milkman
08-26-2012, 10:44 AM

If you buy vanilla ice cream and it melts before you get it home, you'd be disappointed, wouldn't you?

That's all I got.

:shrug:

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 10:45 AM
you have to be some kind of true homer in a huge cave of denial to think that this team and the coaches tried the first game and then put on some sort of act to look like absolute dog shit the next two games as some kind of surprise tactic all for a team to "overlook" us. I dont think there is a team in the NFL that will ever overlook a team led by Matt Cassel. They look it at as an easy win for them. There is definitely a problem, the look on Romeo's face, the look on Derrick Johnsons face, there is a problem, and they know they are playing bad and got to figure it out quickly

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Dude your "imo" sucks. They have a serious problem. Teams are going to key on the secondary and then gut you in the running game. Do you guys have any coverage LBs or just run stopping, blitzing LBs? It seems to be the latter. Decent TEs will rape.

we have two coverage LBers. One never plays. We actually have awful gap shooting LBers that get lost in traffic in the run game. Guys are invisible and out of place. (cough Derrick Johnson still, cough)

I like to think most of that is because of the rust of not being able to shoot to stop the run and fucking TACKLE something in ALL of training camp. No tackling will make you go half speed in practice where you pull up instead of shooting a gap and fucking hitting someone. They are looking soft and you can tell.

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 10:48 AM
we have two coverage LBers. One never plays. We actually have awful gap shooting LBers that get lost in traffic in the run game. Guys are invisible and out of place. (cough Derrick Johnson still, cough)

With takes like these, it's a crime that you have a right to vote.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 10:50 AM
BlackBob isnt that far off, IMO.

Chess, not checkers...

Does anybody think that maybe, just maybe, the staff realizes how important the opening stretch of games is and that they don't want to show their hand too early?

I mean, we practically didnt even run the ball against Seattle and we will probably be running the ball a lot this year.

We didn't blitz often the last couple weeks and when our defense came alive last year, it was largely because of the pressure we were able to apply.

The stuff that worries me is the physical situation with Brandon Flowers heel and the other corners like Brown and Reeves playing significant time...and of course Matt Cassel being Matt Cassel.

Everything else, I pretty much chalk up to a preseason chess match.

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 10:50 AM
With takes like these, it's a crime that you have a right to vote.

did you not watch the game where Seattle marched right down the field? lol

KCUnited
08-26-2012, 10:54 AM
So Romeo told his guys after the Arizona game that he didn't want his defense tackling the other teams running backs until they were into our secondary?

Coogs
08-26-2012, 10:56 AM
you have to be some kind of true homer in a huge cave of denial to think that this team and the coaches tried the first game and then put on some sort of act to look like absolute dog shit the next two games as some kind of surprise tactic all for a team to "overlook" us. I dont think there is a team in the NFL that will ever overlook a team led by Matt Cassel. They look it at as an easy win for them. There is definitely a problem, the look on Romeo's face, the look on Derrick Johnsons face, there is a problem, and they know they are playing bad and got to figure it out quickly

Kyle Orton.

Kyle Orton came in and threw for 300 yards twice in 3 games while hardly having time to learn a playbook or learn the names of his teammats, much less work out any timing or chemistry issues.

And Kyle Orton is not that great of a QB. You could make a case that Brady Quinn is very similar to Kyle Orton.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 10:57 AM

I watched a game that Seattle gameplanned and we ran a totally vanilla "bend dont break" defense.

We limited them to field goals the first 3 possessions and the first touchdown that allowed them to pull away was on a totally blown coverage.

The runs by Wilson were a direct result of Poe being totally out of position on the play.

Thats all easily correctable stuff.

Pestilence
08-26-2012, 11:00 AM
So you're telling me that we didn't run a vanilla defense against Arizona.....but then decided to against the Rams and Seahawks?

FFS.....

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 11:00 AM

I watched Seattle dink and dunk their way down the field against a bend/don't break defense. The difference is evidently that I knew what I was looking at. The defense held them to three straight field goals, which is exactly what Crennel's defense was designed to do. The defense gave up like 35 yards rushing on the first three drives outside of Wilson's scramble.

Coogs
08-26-2012, 11:02 AM
BlackBob isnt that far off, IMO.

Chess, not checkers...

Does anybody think that maybe, just maybe, the staff realizes how important the opening stretch of games is and that they don't want to show their hand too early?

I mean, we practically didnt even run the ball against Seattle and we will probably be running the ball a lot this year.

We didn't blitz often the last couple weeks and when our defense came alive last year, it was largely because of the pressure we were able to apply.

The stuff that worries me is the physical situation with Brandon Flowers heel and the other corners like Brown and Reeves playing significant time...and of course Matt Cassel being Matt Cassel.

Everything else, I pretty much chalk up to a preseason chess match.

The first four series on offense, the rushing attempts and passing attempts were damn near even. Results were we were not able to rush against Seattle. One 12 yard gain by Charles. Virtually nothing on the rest of the carries. Down 16-0 on the scoreboard. Rushing game abandoned.

That is going to be the formula for failure for this team all year. If we can run it we will be good. If we can't... we are in trouble.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:03 AM
So you're telling me that we didn't run a vanilla defense against Arizona.....but then decided to against the Rams and Seahawks?

FFS.....

I bet we ran as many blitzes against Arizona as the Seattle and Rams games combined.

Do you disagree with that?

Messier
08-26-2012, 11:03 AM
I watched Seattle dink and dunk their way down the field against a bend/don't break defense. The difference is evidently that I knew what I was looking at. The defense held them to three straight field goals, which is exactly what Crennel's defense was designed to do. The defense gave up like 35 yards rushing on the first three drives outside of Wilson's scramble.

I did think it was weird, after the game looking at the stats thinking they've got to be really lopsided, but they weren't.

KCUnited
08-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Lol, so Romeo's frustration and the possibility of turning the defensive play calls over to someone else is just all part of the plan to take the NFL by storm in week one and not just a signal of a team that played like dogshit in what is notoriously known as the dress rehearsal for the regular season. Got it.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:07 AM
The first four series on offense, the rushing attempts and passing attempts were damn near even. Results were we were not able to rush against Seattle. One 12 yard gain by Charles. Virtually nothing on the rest of the carries. Down 16-0 on the scoreboard. Rushing game abandoned.

That is going to be the formula for failure for this team all year. If we can run it we will be good. If we can't... we are in trouble.

You are only looking at the overall attempts and not the intent.

We only handed the ball off to Hillis and Charles 3 times (combined) in our first three possessions.

The thing that throws it off was Cassel trying to run or getting sacked.

Pestilence
08-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Maybe they didn't run as much because they wanted to see what they had with Cassel.

He fucking failed.....as usual.

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 11:11 AM
They were clearly out to test the passing game. And yes, Cassel does suck balls.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Maybe they didn't run as much because they wanted to see what they had with Cassel.

He fucking failed.....as usual.

That had to be the point in the first place.

I dont think anybody on the coaching staff sleeps well at night knowing Cassel is the quarterback and that the leash gets shorter and shorter with every game.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:14 AM
BTW I am re-watching the game and anybody defending Cassels "improved accuracy" is kidding themselves.

The guy has always thrown WAYYYY to high and that hasnt changed.

He is gonna get receivers killed with these types of passes.

Marcellus
08-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Interesting tidbit from NFL.com fantasy football.

Charles has an improved offensive line and the team will play 11 games against opponents who finished in the bottom third against the run in 2011: Denver (22), Oakland (27) and San Diego (20) twice, plus the Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) (28), Buccaneers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/tampabaybuccaneers/profile?team=TB) (32), Panthers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/profile?team=CAR) (25), Browns (http://www.nfl.com/teams/clevelandbrowns/profile?team=CLE) (30) and the Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) (29). ..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000054065/article/fantasy-football-whats-not-to-like-about-jamaal-charles

I have said all along we would have a run run run offense with some playaction mixed in. The schedule seems favorable to that.

Coogs
08-26-2012, 11:17 AM
You are only looking at the overall attempts and not the intent.

We only handed the ball off to Hillis and Charles 3 times (combined) in our first three possessions.

The thing that throws it off was Cassel trying to run or getting sacked.

I understand what you are saying. But the next series we ran 3 times. 6 rushes... 7 if you count Cassel's 2 yard run on the second play of the game... out of 15 plays.

And yes, I do believe the intent was to throw the ball the entire game. I really think that Poili is intent on proving to all of us that Cassel can do what Orton did... and he is finding out that he can not.

Pioli was pissed when he left the booth in the 3rd quarter... I think realizing that his experiment is failing. And that was prior to the pick 6 too!

Pestilence
08-26-2012, 11:18 AM
BTW I am re-watching the game and anybody defending Cassels "improved accuracy" is kidding themselves.

The guy has always thrown WAYYYY to high and that hasnt changed.

He is gonna get receivers killed with these types of passes.

I went back and looked.....and out of his "6 drops"....I'd say that 4 of those were on Cassel.

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Interesting tidbit from NFL.com fantasy football.

Charles has an improved offensive line and the team will play 11 games against opponents who finished in the bottom third against the run in 2011: Denver (22), Oakland (27) and San Diego (20) twice, plus the Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) (28), Buccaneers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/tampabaybuccaneers/profile?team=TB) (32), Panthers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/profile?team=CAR) (25), Browns (http://www.nfl.com/teams/clevelandbrowns/profile?team=CLE) (30) and the Colts (http://www.nfl.com/teams/indianapoliscolts/profile?team=IND) (29). ..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000054065/article/fantasy-football-whats-not-to-like-about-jamaal-charles

I have said all along we would have a run run run offense with some playaction mixed in. The schedule seems favorable to that.

Yea, great we can experience a modicum of regular season success only to get snuffed out in the first round of the playoffs due to shitty QB play. I think I have seen this episode of "Chiefs Football" every year for the last twenty years or so.

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 11:19 AM
I went back and looked.....and out of his "6 drops"....I'd say that 4 of those were on Cassel.

Exactly. I don't get why the announcers were slobbering on his knob after those alleged drops when Cassel was on the fringe of the receivers range and the receiver was just quick enough to touch the fucking ball.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Pioli has so much egg on his face its like a bukkake party.

My hope is that Stanzi plays well enough to beat Quinn for the backup spot in the preseason finale against GB and that my game 6 prediction comes true.

Thats a win-win.

Coogs
08-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Pioli has so much egg on his face its like a bukkake party.

My hope is that Stanzi plays well enough to beat Quinn for the backup spot in the preseason finale against GB and that my game 6 prediction comes true.

Thats a win-win.

Arrowhead Pride has a piece that says Crennel is going to name the backup tomorrow.

We probably won't be surprised by his answer but Romeo Crennel says the Kansas City Chiefs backup quarterback question will be answered on Monday. Crennel was asked on Saturday night about the No. 2 quarterback competition between Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi and said the final decision had not yet been made.

"I'm close to making that decision," Crennel said. "And I'll probably be able to let you know something on Monday."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/

Chiefs Pantalones
08-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Just me but I won't be worried until after/during the regular season. I think we've all been around long enough to know that preseason really doesn't mean shit. I've seen this team and every team play shitty in the preseason then come out on fire in the regular season and vice versa over the years. And of course sometimes a team plays shitty and that's what you got for the season. But hey, teams are even mysteries after week one. It's best to chill out and watch the season unfold as it may and hope for the best. I'm guilty of knee jerk reactions myself but it's because we all love our Chiefs so it's easy and we want them to play Super Bowl caliber ball during the weeks that practice games fill our televisions and minds. But then I chill and realize it's just that...practice. The preseason is a time to correct mistakes, get the young guys some reps and see if you have anyone that's gonna help you that you thought wouldn't. So I'm gonna sit back and not let practice and even injuries ruin my excitement for the best time of the year coming up in 14 days. Join me! :)

Pestilence
08-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Arrowhead Pride has a piece that says Crennel is going to name the backup tomorrow.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/

That's easy. Brady Quinn.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:25 AM
I totally agree.

I think its hypocritical that Stanzi throws an accurate ball that a receiver drops and he gets put on the cross for it (not talking about the Rams game, but his playing history for us in PS in general) but Cassel throws nearly allof his passes wayyy off the mark and some people say the passes were dropped.

O.city
08-26-2012, 11:26 AM

Name the 4.

milkman
08-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Name the 4.

Moe
Larry
Curley
Shimp

beach tribe
08-26-2012, 11:27 AM
You really don't know what you're gonna get from a team till after about week four. I see it as a 50/50 chance we win week one. Won't freak out whether we stomp or get stomped. We just need to get guys healthy. Injuries will kill this team if anything close to what happened last year happens.

Marcellus
08-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Yea, great we can experience a modicum of regular season success only to get snuffed out in the first round of the playoffs due to shitty QB play. I think I have seen this episode of "Chiefs Football" every year for the last twenty years or so.

Whats your point? Are you arguing the running game isn't our best offensive weapon?

If we can run the ball well enough we will pass effectively. I hate the fact we have Cassel at QB, but we fucking have Cassel at QB and I am not going to root for the team to lose, I am going to pray for our strengths to be good enough to cover our weakness.

We could have won the Baltimore playoff game without a second half meltdown.

O.city
08-26-2012, 11:28 AM
I totally agree.

I think its hypocritical that Stanzi throws an accurate ball that a receiver drops and he gets put on the cross for it (not talking about the Rams game, but his playing history for us in PS in general) but Cassel throws nearly allof his passes wayyy off the mark and some people say the passes were dropped.

Bullshit.

What 4 drops were on Cassel? The Breaston throw down the middle? 2 of Moeaki's that hit him in the hands? Bowe's?

If Stanzi makes those throws you are on here saying it's the wr's fault.

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Whats your point? Are you arguing the running game isn't our best offensive weapon?

If we can run the ball well enough we will pass effectively. I hate the fact we have Cassel at QB, but we ****ing have Cassel at QB and I am not going to root for the team to lose, I am going to pray for our strengths to be good enough to cover our weakness.

We could have won the Baltimore playoff game without a second half meltdown.

I'm not arguing. In fact, my post was more of an internal reflection of what self-loathing I must possess to root for the teams that I do, rather than any sort of commentary leveled at you. Sorry.

Setsuna
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I watched a game that Seattle gameplanned and we ran a totally vanilla "bend dont break" defense.

We limited them to field goals the first 3 possessions and the first touchdown that allowed them to pull away was on a totally blown coverage.

The runs by Wilson were a direct result of Poe being totally out of position on the play.

Thats all easily correctable stuff.
ROFL "Bend don't break?" Your defense was broke when they took the field. You're delusional.

Dink and dunk? They were gashing you for 6+ ypc. And then Wilson was throwing 10-15 yarders on yall all game. GTFO with that homer bullshit.

Marcellus
08-26-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm not arguing. In fact, my post was more of an internal reflection of what self-loathing I must possess to root for the teams that I do, rather than any sort of commentary leveled at you. Sorry.

No problem, we are all frustrated Chiefs fans. I hate the fact I am already frustrated before the first meaningful play.

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 11:32 AM
ROFL "Bend don't break?" Your defense was broke when they took the field. You're delusional.

Dink and dunk? They were gashing you for 6+ ypc. And then Wilson was throwing 10-15 yarders on yall all game. GTFO with that homer bullshit.

Jesus fucking christ. Maybe 6+ YPC if you include the Wilson scramble you stupid fuck. Wilson was throwing underneath of soft coverage. This is of course, in reference to the first three drives, which was the context of my original post. Because when the offense practically gives the ball back to the opposing team FOUR DRIVES in a row, it doesn't matter how good a defense is, they are gassed.

Pestilence
08-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Name the 4.

When I have time today.....I'll go back and give you the details.

O.city
08-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I have a pretty good idea which ones you are talking about Pest.

The Moeaki one, the Breaston one, and the Bowe one are 3 of the likely 4.

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Jesus ****ing christ. Maybe 6+ YPC if you include the Wilson scramble you stupid ****. Wilson was throwing underneath of soft coverage. This is of course, in reference to the first three drives, which was the context of my original post. Because when the offense practically gives the ball back to the opposing team FOUR DRIVES in a row, it doesn't matter how good a defense is, they are gassed.

Robert Turbin had 6.6 ypc HIMSELF. Had nothing to do with the Wilson runs at all. Maybe you should open your eyes and go back and watch the game and how pitiful we were at stopping the run. Because I dont know what you were watching.

If it was Marshawn Lynch he would have pooped skittles right down our defense's throats.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Ill go through all of Cassels incomplete passes for the game and try to capture the best screen shot to show ball placement.

The first is the pass to Jon Baldwin that got the PI penalty on Browner.

The ball is easily 5 feet over is outstretched arms. Remember, Baldwin is HUGE and has a 42" vertical

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Robert Turbin had 6.6 ypc HIMSELF. Had nothing to do with the Wilson runs at all. Maybe you should open your eyes and go back and watch the game and how pitiful we were at stopping the run. Because I dont know what you were watching.

If it was Marshawn Lynch he would have pooped skittles right down our defense's throats.
First of all, you clearly didn't read my post. Of course the defense will give up yardage in the running game when the offense fails to do anything with their first four drives. That was the big difference between the first thirteen games last year and the last three. The offense moved the ball, giving the defense adequate time to rest.
Second, Marshawn Lynch sucks balls. I don't know why you guys ride his pole.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:45 AM
here is the pass to Breaston...right on the money if you ask me...should have been a catch for a big gainer.

mcaj22
08-26-2012, 11:47 AM
First of all, you clearly didn't read my post. Of course the defense will give up yardage in the running game when the offense fails to do anything with their first four drives. That was the big difference between the first thirteen games last year and the last three. The offense moved the ball, giving the defense adequate time to rest.
Second, Marshawn Lynch sucks balls. I don't know why you guys ride his pole.

how does Marshawn Lynch suck balls. There is like maybe 6 RBs in the entire NFL better than him, if that.

Pestilence
I'm just going to throw this out there.

I don't know if it's the fact that Daboll knows Cassel's limitations or Daboll is just an idiot.....but we are misusing Baldwin.

Pestilence
how does Marshawn Lynch suck balls. There is like maybe 6 RBs in the entire NFL better than him, if that.

:spock:

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Here is the ball placement on the first pass to Moeaki...mind you, this is after Moeaki stops and tries to turn around to catch a pass that was well behind him even after turning around. He did everything he could to just be able to touch the ball AT ALL.

Terrible pass.

If Cassel throws the pass in front of Tony, it goes for big yardage because there wasnt anyone to tackle him for around 10 yards.

O.city
08-26-2012, 11:49 AM

I don't know if it's the fact that Daboll knows Cassel's limitations or Daboll is just an idiot.....but we are misusing Baldwin.

This.

I'd like to see him down the field alot more.

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 11:50 AM

PLEASE. The guy had like 7 good games last year, in his "breakout" year. Just another player who is vastly overrated due to fantasy football. I can name several better running backs off the top of my head.

BossChief
That mcaj22 guy is a fucking fool of the greatest order.

scho63
I'm never one for hitting the panic switch too early or wanting drastic change but our "D" needs a major fix. We're giving up major chunks of yards on the ground like candy and then the ease of teams to complete passes with no pass rush is horrible.

Based on the last two games, Atlanta could score 50 on us

O.city
Here is the ball placement on the first pass to Moeaki...mind you, this is after Moeaki stops and tries to turn around to catch a pass that was well behind him even after turning around. He did everything he could to just be able to touch the ball AT ALL.

Terrible pass.

If Cassel throws the pass in front of Tony, it goes for big yardage because there wasnt anyone to tackle him for around 10 yards.

Is the first pass you are talking about, the one that he got two hands on?

BossChief
08-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Here is the placement of the ball to Bowe...probably should have been caught, but the defender breaks it up.

O.city
08-26-2012, 11:58 AM
The throw to Baldwin was high, but it was hard to tell exactly how high as he was getting dragged down at the time, but I don't think it was catchable anyway.

The Breaston ball, Moeaki PA pass ball, and the Bowe ball are ones we need to have caught.

Marcellus
08-26-2012, 12:00 PM

It may be just a bit early to make this assumption considering not a real round has been fired yet.

I also think the offense will be a season long work in progress, its the first season under Daboll and he has to work on how best to use his toys.

O.city
08-26-2012, 12:02 PM
The way I think we should use Baldwin is more of a deep threat. I think he could be a good possession wr, but I wanna see him down the field more.

I wanna see more plays like the Lions us Megatron or the Texans use AJ. Just throw it as far as you can, which Cassel isn't far, but do it even if he's double covered.

Pestilence
08-26-2012, 12:02 PM
JFC....I'm getting tired of this "Don't show them everything you have in Preseason" bullshit.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Here is the screen shot right as the first finger tip touches the ball on the Moeaki "drop"

How the fuck can anyone say this was a good pass that Moeaki dropped?

He was WIDE OPEN and all Cassel needed to do was loft it out there and Moeaki probably scores.

Instead, we see his "improved accuracy"

O.city
08-26-2012, 12:04 PM
JFC....I'm getting tired of this "Don't show them everything you have in Preseason" bullshit.

I'll change that.

I'm getting tired of this Preseason bullshit. I didn't really care one way or another how they played.

After the Arizona game, STL game or Seattle game, it doesn't really matter much to me.

There isn't many adjustments made, gameplanning, etc, it's pretty vanilla. Or atleast I hope.

Just Passin' By
08-26-2012, 12:05 PM

Terrible pass.

Watch this one again. Look at what Moeaki does on his route.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 12:06 PM
heres another angle of the pass to Moeaki

Marcellus
08-26-2012, 12:06 PM

Are you as tired of that shit as I am of reading how people know what the coaches are thinking and how everything is going to be done all season after 5 quarters of preseason football?

O.city
08-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Here is the screen shot right as the first finger tip touches the ball on the Moeaki "drop"

How the **** can anyone say this was a good pass that Moeaki dropped?

He was WIDE OPEN and all Cassel needed to do was loft it out there and Moeaki probably scores.

Instead, we see his "improved accuracy"

Come on man. Moeaki got two hands on the ball. Was it a great pass? No. Was it a good pass, yeah I'd say it is. Could it have been thrown lower? Yeah sure.

It's a ball Moeaki has to pull in. He couldn't really loft it out any farther as there was a Safety bearing down on him.

I understand how you feel about Stanzi, but I feel it's skewing your vision.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 12:16 PM
here is the next incomplete pass to Bowe. Its an uncalled PI penalty, but the placement it good.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Come on man. Moeaki got two hands on the ball. Was it a great pass? No. Was it a good pass, yeah I'd say it is. Could it have been thrown lower? Yeah sure.

It's a ball Moeaki has to pull in. He couldn't really loft it out any farther as there was a Safety bearing down on him.

I understand how you feel about Stanzi, but I feel it's skewing your vision.

Stanzi has nothing to do with it.

Look at the stills.

The only part that hits Moeaki is his fingertips.

Thats with his arms being fully outstretched.

For him to have caught it, it would have had to have been another awesome catch like in the 49ers game in the back of the end zone.

When a receiver/tight end is that wide open, he shouldnt have to do that much to catch the ball, he should be able to catch it in stride and score.

Saying that was a "good pass" is laughable, sorry...but it is.

Id have to go back and look,but I dont remember seeing any safety "bearing down on him"

O.city
08-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Stanzi has nothing to do with it.

Look at the stills.

The only part that hits Moeaki is his fingertips.

Thats with his arms being fully outstretched.

For him to have caught it, it would have had to have been another awesome catch like in the 49ers game in the back of the end zone.

Id have to go back and look,but I dont remember seeing any safety "bearing down on him"

No it wasn't near that tough a catch. Ball hit him in both hands, fingertips sure.

I'm not gonna argue that it was a great throw, but it should have been a catch.

Tribal Warfare
08-26-2012, 12:26 PM
here is the pass to Breaston...right on the money if you ask me...should have been a catch for a big gainer.

Cassel led him straight into the safety

O.city
08-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Cassel led him straight into the safety

On that play, with that route and that coverage, the safety is gona be there. You just have to fit in in before he gets there.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 12:33 PM
bad pass to breaston. Yeah, he probably should have been able to stop running, turn around and dive back even further to catch this one. Id say that one is on Breaston /sarcasm

BossChief
08-26-2012, 12:36 PM
No it wasn't near that tough a catch. Ball hit him in both hands, fingertips sure.

I'm not gonna argue that it was a great throw, but it should have been a catch.

It was borderline catchable and not really worth arguing over.

It was a poorly thrown ball that if it was thrown better would have gained us 25 yards.

If it was on the money (which a quarterback in his 5th year starting should be able to do for a wide open receiver) its a fucking touchdown.

I dont care how anybody takes this, Stanzi gets us a touchdown on that play. At Iowa, that was a routine pass.

O.city
08-26-2012, 12:37 PM
bad pass to breaston. Yeah, he probably should have been able to stop running, turn around and dive back even further to catch this one. Id say that one is on Breaston /sarcasm

If it's more inside, it's a pick.

Just Passin' By
08-26-2012, 12:41 PM
It was borderline catchable and not really worth arguing over.

It was a poorly thrown ball that if it was thrown better would have gained us 25 yards.

If it was on the money (which a quarterback in his 5th year starting should be able to do for a wide open receiver) its a ****ing touchdown.

I dont care how anybody takes this, Stanzi gets us a touchdown on that play. At Iowa, that was a routine pass.

Stanzi's played poorly in the preseason, so saying something like this just makes you look ridiculous.

Tribal Warfare
08-26-2012, 12:42 PM
On that play, with that route and that coverage, the safety is gona be there. You just have to fit in in before he gets there.

Cassel should've noticed that, but he didn't he threw the ball late and potentially got his receiver killed.

O.city
08-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Cassel should've noticed that, but he didn't he threw the ball late and potentially got his receiver killed.

Did the ball get there before the safety?

Tribal Warfare
08-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Did the ball get there before the safety?

The guy was ready to launch the exact moment Breaston was reaching for the ball. That again is on Cassel for not noticing those details because of remedial ability to read defenses.

O.city
08-26-2012, 12:47 PM
The ball gets there, into Breastons hands, he gets both hands on it, then the defender hits him.

Tribal Warfare
08-26-2012, 12:50 PM
The ball gets there, into Breastons hands, he gets both hands on it, then the defender hits him.

The ball gets there off target while Breaston was being hit the exact moment he had his hands on the ball being stretched out. The ball was thrown late.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 12:56 PM
and then, the pick 6

One shot is when he starts to throw and Boss is wide open...if the ball is to him or to his outside shoulder, its a completion...but he throws it inside (as the second pick shows) and the defender jumps the route and returns it for 6 points.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 12:58 PM
The pass to Breaston was a good pass that should have been completed.

Getting hit is part of the game...it was't like the rest of the passes that Cassel threw wayyy high and Breaston was layed out to get murdered.

It was placed right in front of him and it should have been caught.

Chocolate Hog
08-26-2012, 01:00 PM
"Interesting: Moore, not Devlin, running scout team. Usually left up to lowest QB on depth chart. Perhaps Dolphins preparing to carry just 2." - via Adam Beasley (Miami Herald)

If we traded a 6th for Moore we wouldn't need to talk about the back up QB position and if Boss's game 6 prediction is true the Chiefs would have upgraded their starting QB.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 01:04 PM
HAAHAHAHAHA

Even Barrys Kool Aid is slamming Cassel!

Thats when you KNOW he played poorly.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 01:05 PM
"Interesting: Moore, not Devlin, running scout team. Usually left up to lowest QB on depth chart. Perhaps Dolphins preparing to carry just 2." - via Adam Beasley (Miami Herald)

If we traded a 6th for Moore we wouldn't need to talk about the back up QB position and if Boss's game 6 prediction is true the Chiefs would have upgraded their starting QB.

Why would we trade anything for a quarterback that might get cut?

FTR Id be totally fine signing the guy...but I think it would be to replace Quinn, not Stanzi.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 01:07 PM
If it's more inside, it's a pick.

if its outside hip, its a completion for 8 yards or so.

Its a back shoulder throw that Breaston had to dive backwards at.

It should have been low and away...but not THAT low and inside.

Chocolate Hog
08-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Why would we trade anything for a quarterback that might get cut?

FTR Id be totally fine signing the guy...but I think it would be to replace Quinn, not Stanzi.

Might being the key word but it's hard to see them cutting a guy who has some trade value.

Saccopoo
08-26-2012, 01:22 PM

We're bad against the run because they are trying to get Poe a lot of reps and he's really far behind the understanding curve for his position. They aren't going to throw him out there in a real game situation as a starter, so this is the best way to try and find out what they need to do to coach this kid up.

Toribio and Powe have been light years better than Poe so far this preseason (Powe has been the best NT so far this year), but you got to get Poe reps to find out where you stand on getting him up to speed sooner rather than later. You can't coach 6'4", 350 lbs. running a 4.85 40 and benching 42 reps. You can coach the technique, and it's the technique where he is severely lacking.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 01:26 PM
We're bad against the run because they are trying to get Poe a lot of reps and he's really far behind the understanding curve for his position. They aren't going to throw him out there in a real game situation as a starter, so this is the best way to try and find out what they need to do to coach this kid up.

Toribio and Powe have been light years better than Poe so far this preseason (Powe has been the best NT so far this year), but you got to get Poe reps to find out where you stand on getting him up to speed sooner rather than later. You can't coach 6'4", 350 lbs. running a 4.85 40 and benching 42 reps. You can coach the technique, and it's the technique where he is severely lacking.

When you arent talking about offensive linemen, you are a solid poster most of the time.

Gimme your take on Stanzi so far this preseason.

I promise not to clown you either way.

Saccopoo
08-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Stanzi's played poorly in the preseason, so saying something like this just makes you look ridiculous.

No he hasn't. Stanzi's looked pretty good so far. Held the ball too long a couple of times, but otherwise, he's played okay. He's suffered from a lack of quality blocking more than anything. He's been a lot more poised than Cassel has. That being said, Quinn's looked better than either Cassel or Stanzi.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 01:30 PM
No he hasn't. Stanzi's looked pretty good so far. Held the ball too long a couple of times, but otherwise, he's played okay. He's suffered from a lack of quality blocking more than anything. He's been a lot more poised than Cassel has. That being said, Quinn's looked better than either Cassel or Stanzi.

i can dig it

Marcellus
08-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Exactly what drastic changes could they actually pull off to get better anyway?

Stanzi and Quin aren't any better.

Run the ball more like against Az? That's not a huge change just a difference in play calling.

Marcellus
08-26-2012, 01:31 PM

Crack pipe posting for the win.

Chocolate Hog
08-26-2012, 01:32 PM

Pious Baloney.

O.city
08-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Well, it seems we will see if the tweets in Boss's profile are true about Romeo.

Saccopoo
08-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Crack pipe posting for the win.

I don't have a dog in this fight and just calling it as I see it. Quinn, operating with the first day cut guys, has thrown better passes with better velocity and better touch than Cassel has with the first teamers. Watch his TD drive against the Cards. That's the best possession/series a Chiefs QB has had so far this preseason.

Cassel, in his best game so far this preseason against the Cards, threw two passes right into the chest of a defender. He missed wide open receivers because he won't/can't go through his progessions/doesn't have a natural feel for the game.

Go watch the Rams game which ended with everyone around here bashing Stanzi. Stanzi had a nice pocket presence and delivered his passes with a nice touch when he wasn't being knocked down by his own blockers as the defenders threw them into him.

They are shoving Cassel down our throats like they are Poe. However, unlike Poe, who is a rookie who has never had any real coaching but immense potential, Cassel is a long time veteran with numerous years of starting experience. It ain't clicking. Same with Branden Albert actually, who also has played poorly yet again this preseason. Coaching/Front Office is hoping like hell that it's going to click for these guys but it isn't happening.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 01:39 PM
They aren't gonna make a change until game 6, at the soonest and most likely until we are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

I am gonna be disappointed when Quinn is named the backup, but oh well.

Better luck next year, I guess.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight and just calling it as I see it. Quinn, operating with the first day cut guys, has thrown better passes with better velocity and better touch than Cassel has with the first teamers. Watch his TD drive against the Cards. That's the best possession/series a Chiefs QB has had so far this preseason.

Cassel, in his best game so far this preseason against the Cards, threw two passes right into the chest of a defender. He missed wide open receivers because he won't/can't go through his progessions/doesn't have a natural feel for the game.

Go watch the Rams game which ended with everyone around here bashing Stanzi. Stanzi had a nice pocket presence and delivered his passes with a nice touch when he wasn't being knocked down by his own blockers as the defenders threw them into him.

They are shoving Cassel down our throats like they are Poe. However, unlike Poe, who is a rookie who has never had any real coaching but immense potential, Cassel is a long time veteran with numerous years of starting experience. It ain't clicking. Same with Branden Albert actually, who also has played poorly yet again this preseason. Coaching/Front Office is hoping like hell that it's going to click for these guys but it isn't happening.

Just a general observation, but if you would just stop posting about offensive linemen in general, people might actually start to respect your takes more.

Thats not to say Albert has had a good or bad preseason, but you have shown to be blind in regards to him in the past and it KILLS your credibility on EVERYTHING else.

O.city
08-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I haven't been impressed by Albert this PS at all.

Saccopoo
08-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Just a general observation, but if you would just stop posting about offensive linemen in general, people might actually start to respect your takes more.

Thats not to say Albert has had a good or bad preseason, but you have shown to be blind in regards to him in the past and it KILLS your credibility on EVERYTHING else.

I haven't been blind to him. I have no reason to critize Albert other than the fact that he isn't very good playing a critically important position. It's why I'm not a big Matt Cassel fan either.

It's everyone else around here who can't stand the thought of spending a first round pick on a left tackle that hates what I say about him.

ILChief
08-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Well, it seems we will see if the tweets in Boss's profile are true about Romeo.

Care to explain?

Just Passin' By
08-26-2012, 01:51 PM

This is why drugs are bad.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I haven't been blind to him. I have no reason to critize Albert other than the fact that he isn't very good playing a critically important position. It's why I'm not a big Matt Cassel fan either.

It's everyone else around here who can't stand the thought of spending a first round pick on a left tackle that hates what I say about him.

If this team had a quarterback that got the ball out in time and kept defenses honest, Albert would have probably made a couple pro bowls by now.

I bet if you took all the sacks he has been credited with and eliminated the ones that happened after 3.2 seconds...the number would be cut in half.

Those are the only ones that should be the OTs fault IMO.

By then the ball should be out of the QBs hands.

Saccopoo
08-26-2012, 01:53 PM
If this team had a quarterback that got the ball out in time and kept defenses honest, Albert would have probably made a couple pro bowls by now.

Not a chance.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Care to explain?

He meant to say my sig.

O.city
08-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Would really like to see us make a move for a corner or atleast some CB depth.

BossChief
08-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Would really like to see us make a move for a corner or atleast some CB depth.

Its too late for that.

DTLB58
08-26-2012, 02:58 PM

I don't get it. What did Travis Daniels ever do to lose the backup role to Flowers?

DTLB58
08-26-2012, 03:03 PM
All is well, Romeo.

This franchise has metastatic disease. And Clark is the primary brain tumor.

Yup. It might take him selling it to ever get a franchise QB.

Coach
08-26-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't get it. What did Travis Daniels ever do to lose the backup role to Flowers?

He didn't really lose it, the coaching staff felt that he would contribute more as a safety than a CB, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Just speculating on that.

tecumseh
08-26-2012, 03:18 PM
If Romeo isn't concerned about the crappy play in the last two games, then neither am I . He's got a hell of a lot more to lose if he's wrong than any of us.

the Talking Can
08-26-2012, 03:39 PM
This is why drugs are bad.

does pioli's cock vibrate in your ass anytime someone mentions cassel on teh intertubes?