PDA

View Full Version : Football David DeCastro has torn MCL

scho63
08-26-2012, 09:49 AM
That sucks for him

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8304333/source-pittsburgh-steelers-guard-david-decastro-torn-mcl

Pittsburgh Steelers first-round pick David DeCastro has a torn medial collateral ligament but the team is unsure whether he tore his anterior cruciate ligament, a high-level team source said Sunday morning.

Steelers' Shuffling Line
David DeCastro's injury is a blow to the Steelers, who had hoped to stabilize their offensive line after using the most combinations of linemen in the NFL last season.

DeCastro, a right guard, is scheduled to undergo an MRI at lunchtime to determine the severity of the injury.

If it's solely a torn MCL, he would be expected to miss about half of the 2012 season. If it's a torn MCL and ACL he likely would miss the entire season.

The Steelers are hopeful that because doctors did not detect a torn ACL on Saturday night, the MRI will reveal the same.

DeCastro was hurt while pass blocking as Pittsburgh faced third-and-8 at its 6-yard line on its second possession in Saturday night's preseason game against the Buffalo Bills. DeCastro's right leg twisted beneath him after being bowled over by defensive tackle Marcell Dareus.

DeCastro, the 24th overall selection out of Stanford who started Saturday's game over Ramon Foster, lay in the end zone for a few minutes as trainers worked on his leg. He briefly got up on his own, but was unable to put any weight on his right leg. He took a few hops before trainers stopped him and called for a cart.

the Talking Can
08-26-2012, 09:50 AM
dang

JASONSAUTO
Well... Bye
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
It's the Haley effect
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
08-26-2012, 09:52 AM
I hear they have put the torn piece into a glass of water, and it has grown into an offensive lineman destined for the hall of fame.

milkman
08-26-2012, 09:53 AM
That's two franchise guards that are out.

We can eliminate the Steelers and Bucs from SB consideration, because we all know that teams can't win without franchise guards.

Ace Gunner
08-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Haley would have kept him in. Oh, wait.

SNR
08-26-2012, 09:57 AM
David "The Titanic" DeCastro

The unbustable draft pick

SNR
08-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Wait til you see the brand new David DeCastro! Why this sucker is practically unbustable! He won't bust and he can't bust. Take a look at how he's designed, I got these compartments installed all around his frame ya see? Let's say one of them busts, right? Bam. Huge hole in his game... gets too many holding penalties or whatever. Any other offensive guard would be a bust, but nope, not David DeCastro. He's got 16 of these compartments all around his frame, and up to four can bust and he'll still be good to go!

Ya see, he can't bust. He won't bust! He's the safest thing ya ever saw. Throw him in the middle of an ice field at top speed and he won't bust. I guarantee you!

Inmem58
08-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Wait til you see the brand new David DeCastro! Why this sucker is practically unbustable! He won't bust and he can't bust. Take a look at how he's designed, I got these compartments installed all around his frame ya see? Let's say one of them busts, right? Bam. Huge hole in his game... gets too many holding penalties or whatever. Any other offensive guard would be a bust, but nope, not David DeCastro. He's got 16 of these compartments all around his frame, and up to four can bust and he'll still be good to go!

Ya see, he can't bust. He won't bust! He's the safest thing ya ever saw. Throw him in the middle of an ice field at top speed and he won't bust. I guarantee you!

Bust

ReynardMuldrake
08-26-2012, 10:06 AM

Marcell Dareus' new nickname is "Iceberg."

KC Tattoo
08-26-2012, 10:10 AM
terrible / towel

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Steelers g David DeCastro dislocated his knee cap, tore his medial collateral ligament and suffered some damage to pat… http://say.ly/AoP42YL

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Was told #Steelers G David DeCastro has a torn ACL and MCL. Brutal. Obviously headed for Injured Reserve.

Nightfyre
08-26-2012, 11:12 AM
But who will clearly communicate the line calls to the tackle without DeCastro?! [/followuponmilkman'stheme]

Bewbies
08-26-2012, 11:21 AM

We can eliminate the Steelers and Bucs from SB consideration, because we all know that teams can't win without franchise guards.

When a team makes all the right moves this happens... :)

RINGLEADER
08-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Wow. I really liked him and wanted him on the Chiefs. Hope he comes back.

beach tribe
08-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Wow. That sucks for him, but I don't feel bad for the Steelers.

DRU
08-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Apparently it's both ACL and MCL and he's done for the year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055039/article/david-decastro-out-for-season-with-torn-acl-mcl?module=HP11_breaking_news

Mr. Laz
08-26-2012, 02:42 PM
ROFL

BCD
08-26-2012, 02:55 PM

LOL

notorious
08-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Pitt needs their time in the slum. Too bad they are well ran.

Brock
08-26-2012, 03:35 PM
"safe pick"

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-26-2012, 05:58 PM
It's to bad for him. Alot of people wanted him including me. The truth is he really wasn't palying well for Pittsburgh and had been a big disappointment. All the draft gurus said he was the guy most ready to play in that class and he was getting his butt kicked out there.

Fairplay
08-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Wow. I really liked him and wanted him on the Chiefs. Hope he comes back.

No doubt. Solid pick.

Whose to say that would have happened if another team would have drafted him?

Fairplay
08-26-2012, 05:59 PM
"safe pick"

"Blue chip"