PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Romeo Crennel to officially name team's No. 2 QB today...Flowers still out

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Josh Looney ‏@JoshLooney

#Chiefs Coach Romeo Crennel to officially name team's No. 2 QB following today's practice.

Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher

No shock but Quinn is number 2 QB

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-27-2012, 11:06 AM
David Skretta ‏@APdaveskretta

#Chiefs coach Crennel says Toribio, Bailey out with bum ankles, Brown & Copper with groins. Flowers still out, Lewis now rehabbing shoulder

Big Smoke
08-27-2012, 11:08 AM
WTF is wrong with Flowers???

milkman
08-27-2012, 11:09 AM
The suspense is killing me.

Ceej
08-27-2012, 11:10 AM

No shit.

I can't wait for more Pryor vs. Stanzi/Quinn debates!!!!!!

Sofa King
Perhaps the team should rethink who they employ as trainers.

CoMoChief
We're going to give up 300yds passing a game against ATL if Flowers isn't able to play along w/ the Hali suspension.

DaWolf
08-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Atlanta is going to have a field day throwing on us. Unless we plan on dominating on the ground and having 40 mins TOP, I don't know how we win with no pass rush and Jacque Reeves as a corner...

Big Smoke
08-27-2012, 11:12 AM
We're going to give up 300yds passing a game against ATL if Flowers isn't able to play along w/ the Hali suspension.

And since we've gotten no information about Flowers and his injury I really don't expect him to play? What about Lewis? Why can't these fuckers just give us a time table on our injured players?

ILChief
08-27-2012, 11:13 AM

We should have tagged Carr

Deberg_1990
08-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Whole lot of buildup to hear "Its Brady Quinn"

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2012, 11:15 AM
If Flowers misses the opener, Brown will feel like he spent the day with Sandusky.

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2012, 11:17 AM

Bruised heel/vet time off.

mcaj22
08-27-2012, 11:17 AM
options to avoid this potential mess week 1:

should have kept Carr
should have gave up a 7th for Asante Samuel
should have gave up a 2nd and whatever for Vontae Davis
should have called him our man Jon McGraw
should not being playing Jalil Brown.... ever

they already missed 3 of them. still have a chance on 2. there is hope!

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Jeez. Quit crying about Carr.

He's gone. Move on.

Fish
08-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Ohhhh! What an exciting and eventful revelation it will be!

HemiEd
08-27-2012, 11:23 AM

Yeah, it is a real tough one to figure out.

notorious
08-27-2012, 11:24 AM
My enthusiasm level is at zero for the upcoming year.

You all know why.

HemiEd
08-27-2012, 11:24 AM

I am more concerned about how many points they give up.

htismaqe
08-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Whole lot of buildup to hear "Its Brady Quinn"

They brought him in specifically because he was in Cleveland previously and had familiarity with the coaching staff.

Brady Quinn not only will be the #2, he was always going to be the #2.

notorious
08-27-2012, 11:27 AM
They brought him in specifically because he was in Cleveland previously and had familiarity with the coaching staff.

Yep.

QB competition my ass.

Detoxing
08-27-2012, 11:27 AM

Its not like Ricky Stanzi went all "Russell Wilson" for us.

qabbaan
08-27-2012, 11:28 AM
The team seems quite low on Stanzi. Unmistakably so.

-King-
08-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Yep.

QB competition my ass.

:spock: Quinn thoroughly outplayed Stanzi this preseason.

notorious
08-27-2012, 11:31 AM
:spock: Quinn thoroughly outplayed Stanzi this preseason.

Dominated.

DaWolf
08-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Stanzi just dropped the ball. Pioli was really high on him so I doubt he didn't have a legit shot to win, especially since Quinn is here on a really cheap one year deal...

Chiefnj2
08-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Its not like Ricky Stanzi went all "Russell Wilson" for us.

He was more like Nipsey Russell.

stonedstooge
08-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Didn't Pioli claim he found his "Tom Brady" in Stanzi? Guess he was wrong again

Big Smoke
08-27-2012, 11:37 AM

Or was that just CP? :hmmm::hmmm:

Detoxing
Stanzi just dropped the ball. Pioli was really high on him so I doubt he didn't have a legit shot to win, especially since Quinn is here on a really cheap one year deal...

Pretty much. People need to stop making excuses for Stanzi. They did the same thing for Croyle. This has nothing to do with Quinn being the predetermined back up and everything to do with Stanzi just not being a great QB.

People can make excuse after excuse, but it all boils down to results, and Stanzi just didn't produce.

Detoxing

I'm pretty sure Pioli said nothing like that....

milkman
08-27-2012, 11:38 AM

Nipsey Russel was a funny man.

notorious
08-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Pretty much. People need to stop making excuses for Stanzi. They did the same thing for Croyle. This has nothing to do with Quinn being the predetermined back up and everything to do with Stanzi just not being a great QB.

People can make excuse after excuse, but it all boils down to results, and Stanzi just didn't produce.

I don't think a lot of people are arguing that.

Most of us just hate Cassel so much that we might as well at least try something else. What's the point of going 10-6 with a 1st round exit? I believe that is Cassel's ceiling, so why even bother?

There is a somewhat unknown quality about Stanzi that maybe 1% chance he works out. That is better odds than what Cassel brings to the table.

Chiefnj2
08-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Nipsey Russel was a funny man.

But not much of a QB.

saphojunkie
08-27-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't think a lot of people are arguing that.

Most of us just hate Cassel so much that we might as well at least try something else. What's the point of going 10-6 with a 1st round exit? I believe that is Cassel's ceiling, so why even bother?

There is a somewhat unknown quality about Stanzi that maybe 1% chance he works out. That is better odds than what Cassel brings to the table.

This team's philosophy is never going to be a "well, let's play this unknown guy, and if we lose 15 games, we'll draft a QB."

Pioli is going to continue to build the roster, and I'm guessing he'll never trade up too far for a QB in the first round, either. My guess is they are going to wait for another Aaron Rodgers to fall to them in the 20's. When he does, he will already be surrounded by a good team, and the jump to SB contenders will be virtually immediate.

It's a philosophy, I'll give him that. Not sure I agree. I think it's kid of like buying all of your materials and waiting around for the contractor to show up. You can't build the house without the contractor, so get him first.

Still, expect this team to not go below 7 wins and just wait for a good QB prospect to fall to us in the draft. But until we get a legit QB, don't expect a playoff win.

Sad.

ElGringo
08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
This team's philosophy is never going to be a "well, let's play this unknown guy, and if we lose 15 games, we'll draft a QB."

Pioli is going to continue to build the roster, and I'm guessing he'll never trade up too far for a QB in the first round, either. My guess is they are going to wait for another Aaron Rodgers to fall to them in the 20's. When he does, he will already be surrounded by a good team, and the jump to SB contenders will be virtually immediate.

It's a philosophy, I'll give him that. Not sure I agree. I think it's kid of like buying all of your materials and waiting around for the contractor to show up. You can't build the house without the contractor, so get him first.

Still, expect this team to not go below 7 wins and just wait for a good QB prospect to fall to us in the draft. But until we get a legit QB, don't expect a playoff win.

Sad.

I don't believe I have ever heard it stated this way, but agree with it. And I am not sure I disagree with the philosophy either. If you bring in a year 1 starter with crap around him, you could ruin him for his career. If you bring in a year 1 starter with a good team around him, you could make his career.

notorious
08-27-2012, 11:48 AM

Sad.

This is a good post.

Red Beans
08-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Or Wilson Phillips...

RustShack
08-27-2012, 11:51 AM

He never said that.

BossChief
08-27-2012, 12:20 PM
I would have liked for them to have played the last ps game before making a decision, but I understand them making the decision to go with Quinn as the 2.

Stanzi simply hasn't shown enough to win the job.

I think it was Quinns job to lose from the moment he signed and that

A) Quinn didn't make enough mistakes to lose the job

B) Stanzi didn't do enough to win it.

Marcellus
08-27-2012, 12:33 PM
This is a good post.

Its common sense.

And if Stanzi who Pioli drafted can't get on the field, or even to the #2 spot, he sucks.

ILChief
08-27-2012, 01:13 PM
I am off the stanzi wagon. I believed. I was wrong. Time to move on

SNR
08-27-2012, 01:17 PM

I mean, some people say we should outright cut him. That's just overreaction and stupidity. He lost the backup competition. Whatever. Like everybody else's third string QB is lightyears better :rolleyes:

Go with Quinn, then draft a first round QB next April. But Stanzi still deserves to stick around. He's got time to fix shit.

If he still looks just as bad at this time next year, THEN you can talk about ditching him and signing a veteran.

Frosty
08-27-2012, 01:21 PM
He's going to shock everyone and name Tanney.

(j/k It's gonna be Quinn, to the surprise of no one)

htismaqe
08-27-2012, 01:24 PM
I would have liked for them to have played the last ps game before making a decision, but I understand them making the decision to go with Quinn as the 2.

Stanzi simply hasn't shown enough to win the job.

I think it was Quinns job to lose from the moment he signed and that

A) Quinn didn't make enough mistakes to lose the job

B) Stanzi didn't do enough to win it.

Precisely. Agree 100%.

sedated
08-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Assuming Lewis was healthy, I wouldn’t have been shocked to see them line up with Berry at CB against Atlanta – we’d still have 2 proven safeties, and Berry has worked hard on man-to-man skills and from comments at training camp it sounded like he was looking pretty good.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-27-2012, 01:32 PM

Sad.

As far as QB decisions go, Pioli has only disappointed me twice. I wanted a veteran last year and he didn't get one until it was to late. That was dumb but I thinked he learned his lesson about listening to the HC to much about personnel. The second thing is that he didn't draft a QB at all this year. In the weeks before the draft he talked about Ted Thompson, the Packers GM, and how he tried to draft a QB every single year. He talked about how much the strategy had paid off for Ted. Then, he went out and didn't draft a QB.... I was like WTF?

I do believe it's a QB driven league and it's probably going to take time. However, I do think Cassel is as good as Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Rex Grossman. He's not that far off from Gannon or Delhomme either.

I am 100% against drafting a QB in the first round just for the sake of drafting a first round QB. He needs to be a good prospect. Otherwise, you wind up with Carr, Quinn, Smith, Russell, or Sanchez.

I think the taking a QB a year strategy will eventually work. We just have to do it.

I think some are overreacting about Cassel and I am seeing improvement for sure. I think he will be starting here for a while.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2012, 01:33 PM
So does this mean Stanzi is not the Manzi?

Funny how these things always work out for the best...

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Assuming Lewis was healthy, I wouldn’t have been shocked to see them line up with Berry at CB against Atlanta – we’d still have 2 proven safeties, and Berry has worked hard on man-to-man skills and from comments at training camp it sounded like he was looking pretty good.

I don't know man. Then you be leaving TG one on one with a linebacker or back up safety all day in his first time back at Arrowhead. That's asking for trouble. I don't care if he is old. He will be out to make a statement.

SNR
08-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Funny how these things always work out for the best...You mean we'll draft a QB in the first round as a result of this?

I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. Pioli's going to have to fix the secondary and LBers this April. Maybe the year after that he'll take us to the fucking amusement park and let us go out for ice cream. Work is just really stressful right now and he doesn't have time for franchise QBs.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-27-2012, 01:35 PM
So does this mean Stanzi is not the Manzi?

Funny how these things always work out for the best...

Yep. That's what it means.

Also, For the record I am not for cutting Stanzi. I am for putting him on the practice squad. I would be very suprised if someone took him.

Reerun_KC
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
You mean we'll draft a QB in the first round as a result of this?

I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. Pioli's going to have to fix the secondary and LBers this April. Maybe the year after that he'll take us to the ****ing amusement park and let us go out for ice cream. Work is just really stressful right now and he doesn't have time for franchise QBs.

I like Ice Cream.

boogblaster
08-27-2012, 01:40 PM
as the circle jerks

TEX
08-27-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm sorry - I must have missed all the "competition" that was supposed to be going on for the # 1 job.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-27-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm sorry - I must have missed all the "competition" that was supposed to be going on for the # 1 job.

I hear you. I missed the competition going on for the #2 job.

scho63
08-27-2012, 01:54 PM
If the best news out of Chiefs Kingdom is whether our #2 QB will be Stanzi or Quinn, we are truly f*cked!!!

Flowers looks doubtful for our opener unless he starts practicing in the next few days. I wonder if he has an achilles strain or a cracked bone in his foot.

Our new secondary scheme looks like this........

:deevee:

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-27-2012, 02:00 PM

flowers still not practicing for #Chiefs but his foot no longer in walking boot

ChiefsandO'sfan
08-27-2012, 02:00 PM

the Talking Can
08-27-2012, 02:04 PM

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02317/harry-sum_2317711b.jpg

Sofa King
08-27-2012, 02:18 PM
http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/brady-quinn-19.jpg?w=500

royr17
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM

well thats good news that his foot is no longer in a walking boot.

Steron
08-27-2012, 02:51 PM

+1

royr17
08-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Im off the stanzi bandwagon too, i was all for seeing him get his shot, but after that showing against the rams, i dont want him anywhere near starting, cut his ass, keep tanney, he at least has to be able to do better than stanzi

mr. tegu
08-27-2012, 03:05 PM
The one thing we have going for us this season is that even with Cassel at QB you will have a legitimate shot at winning a playoff game this season. In the AFC after Baltimore and NE there really isn't anyone that scares you too much. As long as you can avoid them in the first round, no matter who is playing the first weekend, all the teams will be pretty equal. Houston would be just below the top two and just above the rest.

bricks
08-27-2012, 03:06 PM

That's good news. He's got two weeks for it to heal. That should be plenty. I think he starts by week 1.

sedated
08-27-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't know man. Then you be leaving TG one on one with a linebacker or back up safety all day in his first time back at Arrowhead. That's asking for trouble. I don't care if he is old. He will be out to make a statement.

True. And after what Gates did on MNF 2 years ago, and the wrap Berry got for not being able to cover TEs, I’d expect him to be motivated to shut down Tony G. That will be quite a battle.

SNR
08-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Im off the stanzi bandwagon too, i was all for seeing him get his shot, but after that showing against the rams, i dont want him anywhere near starting, cut his ass, keep tanney, he at least has to be able to do better than stanzi

You're one of those not very nice people in the world these days.

ILChief
08-27-2012, 03:30 PM

I don't think we should cut him but I no longer believe he has starting potential

Sorter
08-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I really want to know what caused the extreme drop off from OTAs to now. He has absolutely no confidence. After he fucks up, he just hangs his head and mopes like a kicked puppy. No me gusta.

allen_kcCard
08-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Are we at Shat for Matt (Barkley) yet?

TEX
08-27-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't think we should cut him but I no longer believe he has starting potential

He doesn't have NFL potential. He never did. He is a 5th round draft pick. His failure is really not that big a deal.

TEX
08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
The one thing we have going for us this season is that even with Cassel at QB you will have a legitimate shot at winning a playoff game this season. In the AFC after Baltimore and NE there really isn't anyone that scares you too much. As long as you can avoid them in the first round, no matter who is playing the first weekend, all the teams will be pretty equal. Houston would be just below the top two and just above the rest.

Houston can play with anyone. They might be the best top to bottom team in the AFC. They had Baltimore in the playoff game. If it weren't for a fumbled punt - they would have won. Their defense was the best on the field that day. They are very good and IF they get home field, and they just might by virtue of their division, they could go all the way.

rageeumr
08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Ricky Stanzi is not a bad QB. He just loves passing the ball to America.*

*May have been posted here before, I stole from Facebook.

-King-
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Houston can play with anyone. They might be the best top to bottom team in the AFC. They had Baltimore in the playoff game. If it weren't for a fumbled punt - they would have won. Their defense was the best on the field that day. They are very good and IF they get home field, and they just might by virtue of their division, they could go all the way.

If Shaub stays healthy, they win the Superbowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Are we at Shat for Matt (Barkley) yet?

Do we really want another QB named Matt from USC?

rageeumr
08-27-2012, 03:43 PM

Trade Stanzi to the Fade for Leinert. Fill the entire stable with em.

Phase 3, Profit.

clyde05
08-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Anybody think Vince Young is better then Stanzi, he got cut today

KC_Lee
08-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Anybody think Vince Young is better then Stanzi, he got cut today

Young is a momma's boy head case. Stay away...far away...

ILChief
08-27-2012, 03:52 PM

Yes, I'd rather have Tyler Wilson though but Barkley would be fine

MahiMike
08-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Pins and needles, I tell ya. PINS and NEEDLES!!!

Pawnmower
08-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Is it going to be Brady?

Or Quinn?

SOMEONE TELL ME QUICK

L.A. Chieffan
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Is it going to be Brady?

Or Quinn?

SOMEONE TELL ME QUICK

Does it matter? Scorgi or Painter?

HemiEd
08-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I really want to know what caused the extreme drop off from OTAs to now. He has absolutely no confidence. After he ****s up, he just hangs his head and mopes like a kicked puppy. No me gusta.

handcuffs! being told to learn from Cassel. The most important thing is not to turn the ball over.

He didn't even look like the same player he was last year. I think it is possible QB play is like a lot of other things, where it is better to play relaxed and with confidence, instead of fear of screwing up.

milkman
08-27-2012, 05:03 PM
As far as QB decisions go, Pioli has only disappointed me twice. I wanted a veteran last year and he didn't get one until it was to late. That was dumb but I thinked he learned his lesson about listening to the HC to much about personnel. The second thing is that he didn't draft a QB at all this year. In the weeks before the draft he talked about Ted Thompson, the Packers GM, and how he tried to draft a QB every single year. He talked about how much the strategy had paid off for Ted. Then, he went out and didn't draft a QB.... I was like WTF?

I do believe it's a QB driven league and it's probably going to take time. However, I do think Cassel is as good as Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Rex Grossman. He's not that far off from Gannon or Delhomme either.

I am 100% against drafting a QB in the first round just for the sake of drafting a first round QB. He needs to be a good prospect. Otherwise, you wind up with Carr, Quinn, Smith, Russell, or Sanchez.

I think the taking a QB a year strategy will eventually work. We just have to do it.

I think some are overreacting about Cassel and I am seeing improvement for sure. I think he will be starting here for a while.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer had similar physical limitations, but they were smarter QBs who could read defenses.

They also had better pocket awareness.

They just never had the kind of confidence in themselves and leadership qualities that separated others with limited physical tools had.

Drew Brees doesn't have a strong arm.
He makes up for it with outstanding accuracy and anticipation.

Rex Grossman is more gifted physically, he just isn't smart.

Matt Cassel is a weak armed QB with poor mechanics, both in his footwork and his throwing motion, and he can't read a defense for shit.

-King-
08-27-2012, 05:03 PM
handcuffs! being told to learn from Cassel. The most important thing is not to turn the ball over.

He didn't even look like the same player he was last year. I think it is possible QB play is like a lot of other things, where it is better to play relaxed and with confidence, instead of fear of screwing up.

He wasn't anything special last year either.

Cephalic Trauma
08-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer had similar physical limitations, but they were smarter QBs who could read defenses.

They also had better pocket awareness.

They just never had the kind of confidence in themselves and leadership qualities that separated others with limited physical tools had.

Drew Brees doesn't have a strong arm.
He makes up for it with outstanding accuracy and anticipation.

Rex Grossman is more gifted physically, he just isn't smart.

Matt Cassel is a weak armed QB with poor mechanics, both in his footwork and his throwing motion, and he can't read a defense for shit.

Great post.

J Diddy
08-27-2012, 05:08 PM

Hey.

You capitalize Stanzi. Don't forget it.

TEX
08-27-2012, 05:11 PM
If Shaub stays healthy, they win the Superbowl.
Posted via Mobile Device

They sure could, but that's a BIG "IF."

R8RFAN
08-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Trade Stanzi to the Fade for Leinert. Fill the entire stable with em.

Phase 3, Profit.

He looks like Todd Marijuanavich

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-27-2012, 05:29 PM

LMAO

aturnis
08-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I worry about our teams ability to develop or put a QB in a situation to succeed. Not one of the three QB's on the roster show anything. Quinn wasn't better than Stanzi, at least not by as much as a former first round veteran QB who has already played in the offense should be. He just wasn't worse. Their play was very comparable, but Quinn got more chances.

Beyond that, not a one of the QB's show improvement or promise while Andy Reid gets yet another QB to perform, the Seahawks get something out of Wilson, who I promise you isn't very good. Pete Carroll has always been able to successfully get good play from QB's, as has Reid. They go elsewhere, and they become Kolb. What the hell?

Is it our coaching, or our offense or what?

rico
08-27-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm surprised the "Quinn officially number 2" thing hasn't gotten it's own thread yet. Stanzimania is really fizzling out.

I still have hope though. I've said all along that it will require a great deal of patience if we are grasping on to the hope of Stanzi succeeding for the Chiefs. I thought his game 2 perfomance ignited kind of an impulsive, over-reaction. I just don't think we have a large enough sample-size to really form an accurate conclusion about Stanzi. Yes, he ****ed up a bit in that game, but he really didn't have many things going in his favor that would make him more inclined to have a good showing. I thought the OL was absolute shit for him that game. I am aware though, that your elite QB's can work around shit like that and make their own breaks...which Stanzi obviously didn't. However, I think it's way too early and the sample size is way too small to make any bold assumptions/predictions about the guy yet. I do understand the over-reaction to his performance (lack of) in that game though. Just more evidence of how starved we, as a fanbase are for a dominant or at least seemingly competent QB.

I had a gut feeling that Brady Quinn was in the driver seat to win the backup QB position the day he signed. I have thought the entire time that Quinn was expected to be the #2 guy, BUT I think the Chiefs would be more willing to cut ties with him than they would Stanzi DESPITE his ranking above him in the depth chart. Smart organizations, IMO, have a veteran or undisputably talented young guy as their #1, and a veteran of some sort at and at least 1 developmental guy (Stanzi) filling the #2 and #3 spots. I don't really think Tanney is much of a factor at this point, but my curiosity is officially sparked as to why he hasn't cut yet and/or seen any playing time in any preseason games.

Not to mention, Stanzi is cheap. We have him inked for 3 more years (including this year) for pocket change compared to what some backups are being paid.

My Stanzi-hope isn't completely diminished, yet. It's clear that he isn't an immediate world-beater, but he's never struck me as the type of guy who would be.... I think he has potential to improve in time...more time than I think people want or are willing to spend waiting for the guy.

DeezNutz
08-27-2012, 06:05 PM
I worry about our teams ability to develop or put a QB in a situation to succeed. Not one of the three QB's on the roster show anything. Quinn wasn't better than Stanzi, at least not by as much as a former first round veteran QB who has already played in the offense should be. He just wasn't worse. Their play was very comparable, but Quinn got more chances.

Beyond that, not a one of the QB's show improvement or promise while Andy Reid gets yet another QB to perform, the Seahawks get something out of Wilson, who I promise you isn't very good. Pete Carroll has always been able to successfully get good play from QB's, as has Reid. They go elsewhere, and they become Kolb. What the hell?

Coaching could be a factor, though Matt Moore showed a bit of something in Miami. Regarding our situation, the three QBs simply aren't any good, IMO.

TEX
08-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Coaching could be a factor, though Matt Moore showed a bit of something in Miami. Regarding our situation, the three QBs simply aren't any good, IMO.

Yep. But we're stuck with them. Pioli preached all off season that there would be "competition" at QB. Total BS. This team can't win with Cassel and the guy running the show hand-picked he and Todd Haley. :hmmm:

jd1020
08-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Tanney the maney?

rico
08-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Tanney the maney?

:) At least if he gets some playing time Thursday and sucks, the build up hasn't been so grueling to where a large percentage of this board will go in total meltdown mode when he does suck.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing him play...expectations are minimal though.

ILChief
08-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Tanney the maney?

Only reason he is still on the team is that they won't want to play cassel or Quinn much thursday

rico
08-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Only reason he is still on the team is that they won't want to play cassel or Quinn much thursday

Why won't they play Quinn much?

O.city
08-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Odds are Flowers doesn't practice this week, but starts back next week and plays week 1.

ILChief
08-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Why won't they play Quinn much?

Injury risk, see if stanzi has anything at all

royr17
08-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey.

You capitalize Stanzi. Don't forget it.

Stanzi is a turd that needs to be flushed and disposed of lol

O.city
08-27-2012, 07:25 PM

This is great news.

I bet it was a heal bruise, maybe with a little tendon strain or small tear, that they just shut down.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Odds that Flowers plays?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I wonder if he's saying anything via twitter...

Urc Burry
08-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Odds that Flowers plays?

I would say 75% for week 1

O.city
08-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Flowers? no news on twitter.

Bet theres a 90 percent chance he plays.

BossChief
08-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Sure would be funny if it was all a ruse and Flowers has been 100% the whole time and the boot was just part of the ruse.

O.city
08-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Sure would be funny if it was all a ruse and Flowers has been 100% the whole time and the boot was just part of the ruse.

I don't think thats the case, I think he was/is hurt, but I think he will play week 1.

BigMeatballDave
08-27-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't think thats the case, I think he was/is hurt, but I think he will play week 1.

Yep.

If Thursday's game counted, he would be playing.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2012, 08:01 PM
I hope so. We need him that's for certain.

ILChief
08-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Quinn and Stanzi's reactions:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/8/27/3272742/brady-quinn-ricky-stanzi-kansas-city-chiefs-quarterback-depth-chart#storyjump

bite me if Q

Mr_Tomahawk
08-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Shocker...

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Hope he's heeled

Big Smoke
08-27-2012, 08:19 PM
:) At least if he gets some playing time Thursday and sucks, the build up hasn't been so grueling to where a large percentage of this board will go in total meltdown mode when he does suck.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing him play...expectations are minimal though.

Would this place riot if Tanny plays well Thursday and he somehow stays and Stanzi gets cut?

Big Smoke
08-27-2012, 08:20 PM
What makes you guys so certain that Flowers will be back? What about Lewis?

JASONSAUTO
08-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Hope he's heeled
from the midgets

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-27-2012, 08:21 PM
multiple low blows

JASONSAUTO
08-27-2012, 08:22 PM
right to his

O.city
08-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Think I remember hearing that Lewis has a slightly sprained shoulder and is expected back next week.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Would this place riot if Tanny plays well Thursday and he somehow stays and Stanzi gets cut?

I don't see what the big hard-on for Stanzi is all about. He's never really impressed me...

Urc Burry
08-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Off topic but rumors swirling of the dolphins making a big play for a receiver within a week.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Off topic but rumors swirling of the dolphins making a big play for a receiver within a week.

Where did you hear this kind sir?

JASONSAUTO

fuck the dolphins

Mr_Tomahawk
I don't see what the big hard-on for Stanzi is all about. He's never really impressed me...

He is from Iowa...

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-27-2012, 08:30 PM
with rubber hose

ILChief

Unless its a 1st rounder then no

JASONSAUTO
with rubber hose

in the blowhole

O.city
08-27-2012, 08:31 PM
It's probably the Chiefs flipping Bowe to the Phins for that 2nd round pick the Colts just gave them, which we will in turn fuck up and pick a Dlineman or slot wr.

Setsuna
Lol at the high percentages that Flowers plays. You all hope that's the case.

Chiefs Pantalones
He is from Iowa...

Yeah he never impressed me in college either. So just because he's a Hawkeye the Iowa homers love him? Makes sense, but not for our Chiefs' future.

O.city
08-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Lol at the high percentages that Flowers plays. You all hope that's the case.

Why are you here again?

Not only do you spend time on a internet message board, but you spend it on one thats based on a team that you don't even like.

Awesome.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-27-2012, 08:33 PM
It's probably the Chiefs flipping Bowe to the Phins for that 2nd round pick the Colts just gave them, which we will in turn **** up and pick a Dlineman or slot wr.

I doubt it. That's suicide for a guy like Cassel that needs all the playmakers he can get around him to make him herpes-like acceptable.

Mr_Tomahawk
08-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah he never impressed me in college either. So just because he's a Hawkeye the Iowa homers love him? Makes sense, but not for our Chiefs' future.

Yup.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-27-2012, 08:35 PM
shoot it in

Frazod
08-27-2012, 08:36 PM

If that douche Gabbert hadn't handed Iowa that bowl game on a platter he probably wouldn't have even been drafted.

Urc Burry
08-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Where did you hear this kind sir?

There was this
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/26/dolphins-may-add-receiver-probably-wont-be-t-o/

And some ramblings on twitter, so who knows. They will probably wait til friday before they do anything to see who gets cut

Von Dumbass
08-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Unless its a 1st rounder then no

Brandon Marshall only got the Broncos two second round picks. He was also 25 years old when he was traded. Bowe is closer to 30, no way would he fetch a first.

O.city
08-27-2012, 08:55 PM
I bet the Phins are trading for Demaryius Thomas, 2 first rounders.

rico
08-27-2012, 08:59 PM

He's like a roller-coaster. A lot of Iowans like him because of the fun factor he brought to the game...and if fans didn't have fun due to the occasional "downs" that he'd have and usually dig himself out of, they at least remember him from those games and always will. I think the Stanzi-era is one of the most memorable Iowa eras in Iowa football history. Not always memorable for the right reasons, but memorable nonetheless. Some of the games (especially his Junior season) were just crazy.

He does have skills....it's just one of those "had to be there watching it to completely understand it" type of deals. He had his share of brain-farts, but reciprocated for them, usually.

Iowans also like him because he was a stone cold Cyclone killer who was 3/3 in Bowl games and generally statistically performed well against some of the tougher competition that Iowa would run in to.

I think a lot of Stanzi-love comes from Iowa homers and/or people who witnessed some of the games led by him that seemed to defy logic. Many of the Iowa homers probably want to relive those days. They were fun. Not everyone liked him though...he frustrated a lot of people. Stanzi said, "love it or leave it" and the general attitude towards Stanzi is they "love him or hate him." Stanzi-ball was fun, but not for everyone. Depends on your preference of game tempo and style of play.

Off the field, the he's a pretty cool dude. Have met him a couple times in informal settings....most all of you would like him on a personal level.

Dave Lane
08-27-2012, 09:02 PM

Sad.

Damn have to spread some rep around before I can hit you again.

BossChief
08-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Brandon Marshall only got the Broncos two second round picks. He was also 25 years old when he was traded. Bowe is closer to 30, no way would he fetch a first.

If he wants out and has made that clear, getting two second rounders in trade for him wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

"I love the fans in KC, they all say they support me regardless of what I decide to do"

Does that sound like a guy that wants to stay?

To me, it sound like a guy that has his mind pretty much made up that this is his last year in KC...but that does have some tin foil hat figured in.

dj56dt58
08-27-2012, 10:31 PM

Seriously?

Mr_Tomahawk
08-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Seriously?

Just stop there...

He has gone full homer.

Pawnmower
08-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Seriously?

Yes.

He is seriously fucking retarded.

SNR
08-27-2012, 10:46 PM
If he wants out and has made that clear, getting two second rounders in trade for him wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

"I love the fans in KC, they all say they support me regardless of what I decide to do"

To me, it sound like a guy that has his mind pretty much made up that this is his last year in KC...but that does have some tin foil hat figured in.

Yes?

Why do you think it sounds like he wants out?

RustShack
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
I'd like to keep Breaston, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get traded to the Dolphins with the emergence of McCluster in the slot this year... not to mention the two TE sets with Moeaki and Boss too.

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2012, 01:02 AM
I'd like to keep Breaston, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get traded to the Dolphins with the emergence of McCluster in the slot this year... not to mention the two TE sets with Moeaki and Boss too.

Breaston isn't a slot.

mcaj22
08-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Bowe for two 2nds, a 3rd and Matt Moore and I'd say **** it do it

we will even throw in Jake O Connell as a sign of good faith

New World Order
08-28-2012, 01:15 AM
He's like a roller-coaster. A lot of Iowans like him because of the fun factor he brought to the game...and if fans didn't have fun due to the occasional "downs" that he'd have and usually dig himself out of, they at least remember him from those games and always will. I think the Stanzi-era is one of the most memorable Iowa eras in Iowa football history. Not always memorable for the right reasons, but memorable nonetheless. Some of the games (especially his Junior season) were just crazy.

He does have skills....it's just one of those "had to be there watching it to completely understand it" type of deals. He had his share of brain-farts, but reciprocated for them, usually.

Iowans also like him because he was a stone cold Cyclone killer who was 3/3 in Bowl games and generally statistically performed well against some of the tougher competition that Iowa would run in to.

I think a lot of Stanzi-love comes from Iowa homers and/or people who witnessed some of the games led by him that seemed to defy logic. Many of the Iowa homers probably want to relive those days. They were fun. Not everyone liked him though...he frustrated a lot of people. Stanzi said, "love it or leave it" and the general attitude towards Stanzi is they "love him or hate him." Stanzi-ball was fun, but not for everyone. Depends on your preference of game tempo and style of play.

Off the field, the he's a pretty cool dude. Have met him a couple times in informal settings....most all of you would like him on a personal level.

No, we don't want Stanzi as our qb. I'm surprised he has not been cut by now, he is behind Quinn on the depth chart.

rico
08-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Improve your reading comprehension skills, dipshit. Someone asked what the fascination is with him...I answered it with my opinion. Not once did I say we want him as our QB and I am well aware that he is behind Brady Quinn on the depth chart. I think it's past your bedtime.

New World Order
08-28-2012, 04:08 AM
Improve your reading comprehension skills, dipshit. Someone asked what the fascination is with him...I answered it with my opinion. Not once did I say we want him as our QB and I am well aware that he is behind Brady Quinn on the depth chart. I think it's past your bedtime.

I am sorry I disrespected your boy toy. You wrote a 500 word essay on him, was he your high school crush? I am sorry I hurt your feelings. Why dont you go over to the Hallmark forums you $hithead

htismaqe
08-28-2012, 06:40 AM

Thinking Stanzi had NFL upside <> being an Iowa homer

Ace Gunner
08-28-2012, 07:29 AM

The only tin foil hat I see is on folks that think Bowe isn't butthurt and is going to stay in KC. I don't know if he'll stay but I do know he wouldn't have stayed out of TC if he weren't tremendously butthurt.

But, really. Miami or KC? Heh.

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2012, 07:42 AM
The only tin foil hat I see is on folks that think Bowe isn't butthurt and is going to stay in KC. I don't know if he'll stay but I do know he wouldn't have stayed out of TC if he weren't tremendously butthurt.

But, really. Miami or KC? Heh.

He stayed out of camp because thats what players do when they can get away with it. Wallace just did the same thing.

jd1020
08-28-2012, 07:57 AM
He stayed out of camp because thats what players do when they can get away with it. Wallace just did the same thing.

There's a bit of a difference between Bowe's situation and Wallace's.

Wallace is/was holding out because he's young, one of the best receivers in the league, and is going to be playing under a 1 year restricted free agent tender. Wallace could still negotiate a deal.

Bowe was the only player holding out that was franchise tagged because you cant negotiate a new deal beyond a certain date now.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Its Quinn. IM shocked!!!!

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/08/27/3781773/chiefs-pick-quinn-to-be-no-2-quarterback.html

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2012, 09:49 AM
There's a bit of a difference between Bowe's situation and Wallace's.

Wallace is/was holding out because he's young, one of the best receivers in the league, and is going to be playing under a 1 year restricted free agent tender. Wallace could still negotiate a deal.

Bowe was the only player holding out that was franchise tagged because you cant negotiate a new deal beyond a certain date now.

Well, my point was that what Bowe did was nothing new.

I was trying to refute chiefsfootballfan's post that Bowe is butthurt, and that is why he wasn't in camp.

Bowe may well be butthurt, but its not why he wasn't in camp.

rico
08-28-2012, 10:29 AM
I am sorry I disrespected your boy toy. You wrote a 500 word essay on him, was he your high school crush? I am sorry I hurt your feelings. Why dont you go over to the Hallmark forums you $hithead

Since your implying that Stanzi is my boy toy, I should probably clarify to you that he's not....I want the dude to succeed and I haven't made that a mystery, but it isn't going to be the end of the world for me if he doesn't. Therefore, you don't have to apologize for insulting him, for I don't care when people insult him. Everyone has their own take and that's fine, just as long as their take isn't so dumb that it places them in the category of total douche-canoe. I was more offended because I felt dumber after picking up on your lack of ability to comprehend what you read (or pretend to have read). So if you were to apologize for that, I would understand, for nobody necessarily likes to feel dumber than they already are.

There have been many 500+ word posts about many Chiefs/non-Chiefs players on this board. Hell, you see it every day...or well, maybe you don't, the reading comprehension DOES seem to be an issue with you. Don't be hatin' on the people who are actually able to generate 500+ word posts opposed to responses containing 3-4 sentences that are irrelevant, reflects misinterpretation of what they claimed to have "read," and indicate that the poster who typed the response may be a product of an incest sexual relationship.

I have to give you credit for the Hallmark message board jab at me. That was pretty good. After I posted the "500-word essay" about Stanzi, I thought to myself, "jeez, that reads like something that cornball, Casey Kasem would blurt before playing some cheesy sports-related pop song." Nice job on that one liner....

Now, go back to trying to eat your own cranium and when you are finished, please send me a pm or respond to one of my posts and inform me how long it took you to do to accomplish the task. I sincerely wish you the best of luck at that.

milkman
08-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Since your implying that Stanzi is my boy toy, I should probably clarify to you that he's not....I want the dude to succeed and I haven't made that a mystery, but it isn't going to be the end of the world for me if he doesn't. Therefore, you don't have to apologize for insulting him, for I don't care when people insult him. Everyone has their own take and that's fine, just as long as their take isn't so dumb that it places them in the category of total douche-canoe. I was more offended because I felt dumber after picking up on your lack of ability to comprehend what you read (or pretend to have read). So if you were to apologize for that, I would understand, for nobody necessarily likes to feel dumber than they already are.

There have been many 500+ word posts about many Chiefs/non-Chiefs players on this board. Hell, you see it every day...or well, maybe you don't, the reading comprehension DOES seem to be an issue with you. Don't be hatin' on the people who are actually able to generate 500+ word posts opposed to responses containing 3-4 sentences that are irrelevant, reflects misinterpretation of what they claimed to have "read," and indicate that the poster who typed the response may be a product of an incest sexual relationship.

I have to give you credit for the Hallmark message board jab at me. That was pretty good. After I posted the "500-word essay" about Stanzi, I thought to myself, "jeez, that reads like something that cornball, Casey Kasem would blurt before playing some cheesy sports-related pop song." Nice job on that one liner....

Now, go back to trying to eat your own cranium and when you are finished, please send me a pm respond to one of my posts and inform me how long it took you to do to accomplish the task. I sincerely wish you the best of luck at that.

tl;dr

:D

rico
08-28-2012, 10:51 AM
Thinking Stanzi had NFL upside <> being an Iowa homer

I'm not sure what <> means, but I think I agree with it. If someone indicates that they think Stanzi has NFL potential, the chances of them being an Iowa homer are pretty high.

Regarding the Hawkeyes, it's hard not to pull for them when you are surrounded by Hawkeyes fans every Saturday during football season. I also had a friend who played and was successful there. So I like the Hawkeyes and really followed them during the Stanzi era because it was fun.

Ironically, I've always considered myself a Notre Dame fan. My grandma had 14 sisters and 2 brothers. One of my 2nd or 3rd cousins from that side of the family married Lou Holtz's son. I thought that was pretty cool when I was 8 years old, so I started rooting for Notre Dame although I hadn't and still haven't met Lou Holtz, his son or my 2nd/3rd cousin for that matter. Hell, I don't even know what my cousin's name is...there's so damn many of them. It has been tough rooting for them over the years, mostly because I am the only Notre Dame fan that I know of in the region I reside in. The only time I met a large amount of Notre Dame fans was when I was in college and I was not impressed with them. They were Chicaburbians....Cubs fans. And I have a very difficult time rooting for a team that many Cubs fans root for. It's been tough, I've considered just saying "**** it" and converting to full-fledged Hawkeye fan anyways, since I have followed them just by being surrounded by Hawkeye fans since I was a baby. I'm not as passionate about NCAA football anyways, so what the hell? I can't stand the JVB regime though...even though one would think I'd be more inclined to like him since he is from the same area as me. Hell my mom works with his dad....as a nurse at the hospital where is dad is a doctor.

And as far as Brady Quinn goes, I always disliked him because I thought he came off as a prissy, tramped out little biznitch. He always reminded me of one of those snooty friends of Dan Aykroyd's character on the movie "Trading Places."

htismaqe
08-28-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure what <> means

"does not equal"

If someone indicates that they think Stanzi has NFL potential, the chances of them being an Iowa homer are pretty high.

I strongly disagree. There's maybe a half dozen hardcore Hawkeye fans here. There's ALOT more than 6 people here that think/thought Stanzi has potential.

rico
08-28-2012, 10:58 AM
"does not equal"

I strongly disagree. There's maybe a half dozen hardcore Hawkeye fans here. There's ALOT more than 6 people here that think/thought Stanzi has potential.

Oh...well I was way off the mark on that one.

bevischief
08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
:popcorn:

rico
08-28-2012, 11:17 AM
tl;dr

:D

I had to google "tl;dr" because I didn't know what it meant........... smart ass. :)