PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Please just cut Lilja

RunKC
08-27-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm watching the game again and my God Lilja is getting RAPED out there. Hudson was struggling too because twice he tried to help Lilja but it was too late.
The first run to the left was all Lilja's fault. Albert did a decent job and put on a solid block, but Lilja gets tossed 4 yards into the backfield like rag doll.

Saw the same thing against the Rams last week. Utter embarrassment.

Just cut your ties with him and start Allen. Anyone is an upgrade to Lilja.

Munson
08-27-2012, 05:45 PM
He's definitely the weak point on the o-line.

Inmem58
08-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Eric Winston also doesn't look sharp. Spends more time on his back than his feet.

We keep Cassel and take an OL in the first. CP goes bat shit. Joey hangs himself.

Chiefaholic
08-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Funny to look back a short time ago about how ecstatic people were about bringing Lilja back to the Chiefs. What was once a great weakness has turned out to be a strength in three short years. However, I'd prefer to keep Lilja as depth just in case of injury.

htismaqe
08-27-2012, 05:55 PM
I think they realize that Lilja is hitting a wall. That's why they took Allen.

Unfortunately, Allen just isn't ready, which is obvious when you watch him play. He's got what it takes but he was a tackle in college and he's just not used to playing "in a phone booth".

rico
08-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Lilja publicly defended Cassel during the offseason. This means 2 things:

1.) He is dead to me and presumably many of you.

and

2.) He isn't getting cut.

Spongeblack Bobtard
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Lilja is the worst starter on the team. He hasn't been the same since he moved from RG to LG. He was especially bad the other night. I think Allen needs to play.

Jayrodt
08-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Allen abused the 2nd team defense against Seattle, but I wouldn't be thrilled with throwing out another lineman(especially a rookie) a week before the regular season. Consistency is everything with an o-line.

O.city
08-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Lilja is gonna have to be epic bad for Allen to start over him.

Urc Burry
08-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Lilja is gonna have to be epic bad for Allen to start over him.

I think if Lilja misses a game to injury (He has missed 1 a year with KC) he doesn't get his job back

Pitt Gorilla
08-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Lilja was marginal in his "prime."

O.city
08-27-2012, 07:34 PM
I just think they will treat Allen the same way they did Asamoah.

BWillie
08-27-2012, 08:08 PM
You can't cut a god damn legend

not sure if I am srs

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
with a spork

rico
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Allen has impressed me in every game other than vs. St. Louis. What in the hell was going on with him that game?

JASONSAUTO
08-27-2012, 08:27 PM
with a spork

in his ass

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-27-2012, 08:28 PM
he liked it

JASONSAUTO
08-27-2012, 08:28 PM
so much he

Easy 6
09-01-2012, 06:43 PM
You can't cut a god damn legend

LMAO

ZootedGranny
09-01-2012, 07:15 PM
I'd roll the dice on Allen progressing as the season goes along, rather than watch Lilja get his ass kicked progressively worse week after week. Maybe being a backup will reduce his stress level before his hair goes full on Edgar Winter.

RINGLEADER
09-01-2012, 07:46 PM
The entire interior of our O-Line has played like crap outside of the first game.

That conclusion can also be reached about many other parts of the team.

whoman69
09-01-2012, 08:29 PM
This is what happens when you go into a season hoping that someone will be good enough to get the job done. Hudson is still learning and is probably handcuffed having to cover for Lilja. Asamoah hasn't been too good either. Perhaps they don't translate to the new blocking scheme. Its going to be a long year. We have to listen to all the off season draft experts tell us we are drafting oline in the first round again.

TEX
09-01-2012, 10:50 PM
The entire interior of our O-Line has played like crap outside of the first game.

That conclusion can also be reached about many other parts of the team.

Yep. Many think preseason doesn't matter, and it doesn't stats/record-wise, but you certainly see who wins the individual battles and our interior O-line isn't. (along with QB, D-line, CB) This team is not ready to start the season, and it's gonna show week 1. No way they will just be able to "turn it on" when the regular season starts. They are getting beat in too many places.

Saccopoo
09-01-2012, 11:17 PM
This is what happens when you go into a season hoping that someone will be good enough to get the job done. Hudson is still learning and is probably handcuffed having to cover for Lilja. Asamoah hasn't been too good either. Perhaps they don't translate to the new blocking scheme. Its going to be a long year. We have to listen to all the off season draft experts tell us we are drafting oline in the first round again.

This.

Asamoah really needs to pick it up. Allen has looked good and then like shit. Lilja's play is why the Colts cut him. Hudson looks strong, but he's struggling with the positional change to a certain degree and isn't getting any help from any of the guards that have lined up next to him.

They should have picked a real center, such as Peter Konz in the second round (who is actually playing well enough that many Atlanta Falcon fans are clamoring for him to start this season), put Hudson at guard where he played in college and called it good.

But hell no...this is the Chiefs. We'll take Albert, who played guard in college and convert him to tackle. We'll take Allen, who played tackle in college and convert him to guard. We'll take Hudson, who played guard in college and convert him to center.

Jesus...what a fucking mess.

Assud
09-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Lilja should be benched, not cut.