PDA

View Full Version : Football Rookie QB doesn't know who's in his division

MahiMike
08-29-2012, 06:09 PM
This is hilarious and pathetic at the same time...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ryan-tannehill-not-well-versed-nfl-division-conference-132215587--nfl.html

When Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill first looked at the schedule, he might've thought to himself, "You know, I bet some of these games are going to be important. I hope someone tells me which ones."

Tuesday night on HBO's "Hard Knocks," Tannehill was outed as a guy who has almost no knowledge of the NFL's divisions and conferences. Via Bleacher Report, here's how he explained:

"I wasn't a huge pro fan growing up; I wasn't loyal to any one team," said Tannehill, "so I don't really know the divisions, and even really conferences. I know most of the conferences but some of those, I really have no clue. And they don't make sense. You have the AFC East, and we're freaking in the bottom of the map, and the directions don't make any sense where the teams actually are."

Backup quarterback Matt Moore then quizzed him on a few teams. Tannehill had the Chiefs in the NFC East and the Giants in the NFC North. And then Moore laughed and said, "How do you not know this?"

But when you get right down to it, even though it's something many fans have known seemingly since birth, it's not essential information to an NFL quarterback. When it's time to focus on a particular team, the Dolphins staff will give him the game tape. He'll notice the atmosphere change around the time for a big game.

And if he gives every game as much focus and effort as he possibly can, why would he need to know if his opponent is in his division or in the NFC South?

The biggest impact I see this having is as ammunition for fans and analysts who grow impatient with Tannehill. If things go bad, it could be turned into something that's used against him. "This guy doesn't care! He doesn't even know what division we're in!" If things get to that point, Tannehill will have much bigger things to think about.
Pagination

Rain Man
08-29-2012, 06:12 PM
How do you not know this?

As a football fan who would love to be an NFL player, this stuff drives me crazy.

SNR
08-29-2012, 06:12 PM
If he doesn't have a clue about teams and divisions, does he have an idea of who the best CBs are and which teams possess potent QB rushers?

I mean, that might be important to know.

Marcellus
08-29-2012, 06:13 PM
If he doesn't have a clue about teams and divisions, does he have an idea of who the best CBs are and which teams possess potent QB rushers?

I mean, that might be important to know.

I am guessing the coaches play a big roll in this during game planning.

Its still pretty fucking bizarre.

BossChief
08-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Odd that a coaches son wouldn't know that stuff.

Setsuna
08-29-2012, 06:15 PM
LOL he didn't have time worrying about that stuff. He was too busy banging chicks and making it rain in da club.

SNR
08-29-2012, 06:19 PM
You know what I don't understand? Assholes who say, "Hurpa duhr I lik college football but no pro football nfl mak to much money college much funner i lik jack off cows"

If college is so damn great, why is the NCAA more of a corrupt piece of shit than the NFL will ever be? If it delivers a better game product, why are so many scores complete fucking blowouts? When the Packers played the Chiefs, people were expecting the better team (Packers) to win, and maybe they even predicted a blowout, but I don't think anybody would be SHOCKED to see the Chiefs win that game. When Alabama plays Bubbleshit State, people expect the blowout, and if the game is even remotely close, it's a shocking upset. The percentage of "quality" football games to watch greatly favors the NFL over college.

Lastly, what's better about the NFL? Oh, I don't know... how about EVERYTHING? The players are better, the games are better. Players have careers, so there are more familiar faces. You have established heroes and villains who stick around longer than four years, and guys choose to play for teams for reasons other than to increase their draft stocks-- they choose to play for winning and money. Generally, that fields a far better team environment.

In other words, fuck Ryan Tannehill and fuck college football.

Go Chiefs.

jspchief
08-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Doesn't surprise me. There are a lot of athletes that aren't particularly big spectators of the sports they play.

Groves
08-29-2012, 06:34 PM
My memory gets pretty darn fuzzy outside of the AFC West, I admit.

Ace Gunner
08-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Tannehill is in way over his head. I can't believe the Phins took him so early.

Setsuna
08-29-2012, 06:44 PM

I can. But he shouldn't have started in any capacity. Like Locker was taken 8th overall and he didn't start until year 2. Moore/Garrard should have been the starter. As usual the Dolphins front office is incompetent.

Ace Gunner
08-29-2012, 06:48 PM
I can. But he shouldn't have started in any capacity. Like Locker was taken 8th overall and he didn't start until year 2. Moore/Garrard should have been the starter. As usual the Dolphins front office is incompetent.

Heh. tru tru.

rico
08-29-2012, 06:53 PM
I hate Tannehill more and more every time I hear anything about the guy.

Rain Man
08-29-2012, 06:55 PM
I want to see an interview where they sit Tannehill down and ask him to provide a list of all NFL divisions and the teams within them. Can he name all of the teams? Does he know that Jacksonville and Carolina have teams? Was he hoping to get drafted by Kentucky or Hawaii? Was he surprised to get drafted by a team from Miami? I'm really curious now.

mr. tegu
08-29-2012, 07:10 PM

You are correct.

But he is a first round qb he is good! /CP

mr. tegu
08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
When Alabama plays Bubbleshit State,

LMAO

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-29-2012, 07:13 PM
Saw that. Moore's face was like "this dumbass is starting over me, damn"!!

L.A. Chieffan
08-29-2012, 07:19 PM
To the average person they probably wonder why kc and stl are in the west and Dallas is in the east

petegz28
08-29-2012, 07:24 PM
And some of you wanted to draft this dumb fuck?

Gadzooks
08-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Garrard should have been the starter, if healthy, but the owners (Gloria Estefan & JLo), thought Tannehill was hotter.

Pasta Giant Meatball
08-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Anyone watching Hard Knocks saw that Garrard was beating him out and they really wanted him to start, but alas old age caught up to him.

BoneKrusher
08-29-2012, 07:39 PM
well at least he doesn't think he's elite.

O.city
08-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Because this has something to do with him being a good qb how?

Bacon Cheeseburger
08-29-2012, 07:43 PM
You know what I don't understand? Assholes who say, "Hurpa duhr I lik college football but no pro football nfl mak to much money college much funner i lik jack off cows"

If college is so damn great, why is the NCAA more of a corrupt piece of shit than the NFL will ever be? If it delivers a better game product, why are so many scores complete fucking blowouts? When the Packers played the Chiefs, people were expecting the better team (Packers) to win, and maybe they even predicted a blowout, but I don't think anybody would be SHOCKED to see the Chiefs win that game. When Alabama plays Bubbleshit State, people expect the blowout, and if the game is even remotely close, it's a shocking upset. The percentage of "quality" football games to watch greatly favors the NFL over college.

Lastly, what's better about the NFL? Oh, I don't know... how about EVERYTHING? The players are better, the games are better. Players have careers, so there are more familiar faces. You have established heroes and villains who stick around longer than four years, and guys choose to play for teams for reasons other than to increase their draft stocks-- they choose to play for winning and money. Generally, that fields a far better team environment.

In other words, fuck Ryan Tannehill and fuck college football.

Go Chiefs.
College football generally has a better gameday atmosphere than the NFL does. Outside of that, I agree, it's not all that great. There are a lot of Saturdays that I look at the lineup of games and realize there isn't a single one that I'm interested in. Especially so early on in the season when everyone is playing some lopsided game against a directional college.

BoneKrusher
08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Because this has something to do with him being a good qb how?

i was just sayin he must not be an arrogant ahole who thinks he's gonna set the league on fire as a rookie.

i'd rather see the rookies let their play on the field do the talking.

whoman69
08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
When Alabama plays Bubbleshit State, people expect the blowout, and if the game is even remotely close, it's a shocking upset.

Yeah but did they cover the spread? Gotta love that mascot for Bubbleshit State though, much better than that stupid tree for Stanford.

milkman
08-29-2012, 08:01 PM
It really makes a difference that Tannehill doesn't know the divisions.

Cause, you know that reading defenses and passing the ball is entirely dependent on knowing that KC plays in the AFC West when he's slinging passes against the Bills.

Setsuna
08-29-2012, 08:04 PM

Cause, you know that reading defenses and passing the ball is entirely dependent on knowing that KC plays in the AFC West when he's slinging passes against the Bills.

Is he studying his division opponents since he plays those teams twice in a season? If he doesn't know who they are, how the fuck is he going to study them and watch film? So you're absolutely dumb in your stupid sarcastic response. Go to bed old man.

thurman merman
08-29-2012, 08:05 PM

If college is so damn great, why is the NCAA more of a corrupt piece of shit than the NFL will ever be? If it delivers a better game product, why are so many scores complete ****ing blowouts? When the Packers played the Chiefs, people were expecting the better team (Packers) to win, and maybe they even predicted a blowout, but I don't think anybody would be SHOCKED to see the Chiefs win that game. When Alabama plays Bubbleshit State, people expect the blowout, and if the game is even remotely close, it's a shocking upset. The percentage of "quality" football games to watch greatly favors the NFL over college.

In other words, **** Ryan Tannehill and **** college football.

Go Chiefs.

WORD!

The NFL is so much better than college it's not even funny. I don't understand how any red-blooded man could possibly like college better.

Setsuna
08-29-2012, 08:09 PM
WORD!

The NFL is so much better than college it's not even funny. I don't understand how any red-blooded man could possibly like college better.

:eek: I do...:sulk:

milkman
08-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Is he studying his division opponents since he plays those teams twice in a season? If he doesn't know who they are, how the **** is he going to study them and watch film? So you're absolutely dumb in your stupid sarcastic response. Go to bed old man.

He's not studying game film for opponents that he's going to play in three weeks.

He's going study and prepare for the upcoming opponent each week.

If Buffalo is their third game, it'd be fucking stupid to have him study for Buffalo if the week one opponent is San Diego.

Those are just examples.
I haven't looked at their schedule.

notorious
08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
It just makes me wonder how commited he is. If you live and breath football you know the divisions.

L.A. Chieffan
08-29-2012, 08:23 PM
WORD!

Coeds. and alcohol. and coeds drinking alcohol.

-King-
08-29-2012, 08:23 PM

Eh. I'd still expect BASIC knowledge of the NFL from a first round Qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
08-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Coeds. and alcohol. and coeds drinking alcohol.

Drinking on Saturday is a hell of a lot better than Sunday.

College football is more of a local thing. Your team can have a succesful season even though they didn't win the National Championship.

I love them both.

ghak99
08-29-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm a little surprised but unless the guy is dumber than shit, I'm not sure I see what the big deal is.

As long as he is capable of soaking up what the coaches give him and puts in the time watching film and learning the opponent, what the hell does it matter if he knows what division they come from.

Once you get out of the AFC West I could give two shits what team is from where. It's the team and system put on the field that matters, not the location they flew from or some ****ed up geographic description some loon gave them.

tredadda
08-29-2012, 08:31 PM
This is hilarious and pathetic at the same time...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ryan-tannehill-not-well-versed-nfl-division-conference-132215587--nfl.html

When Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill first looked at the schedule, he might've thought to himself, "You know, I bet some of these games are going to be important. I hope someone tells me which ones."

Tuesday night on HBO's "Hard Knocks," Tannehill was outed as a guy who has almost no knowledge of the NFL's divisions and conferences. Via Bleacher Report, here's how he explained:

"I wasn't a huge pro fan growing up; I wasn't loyal to any one team," said Tannehill, "so I don't really know the divisions, and even really conferences. I know most of the conferences but some of those, I really have no clue. And they don't make sense. You have the AFC East, and we're freaking in the bottom of the map, and the directions don't make any sense where the teams actually are."

Backup quarterback Matt Moore then quizzed him on a few teams. Tannehill had the Chiefs in the NFC East and the Giants in the NFC North. And then Moore laughed and said, "How do you not know this?"

But when you get right down to it, even though it's something many fans have known seemingly since birth, it's not essential information to an NFL quarterback. When it's time to focus on a particular team, the Dolphins staff will give him the game tape. He'll notice the atmosphere change around the time for a big game.

And if he gives every game as much focus and effort as he possibly can, why would he need to know if his opponent is in his division or in the NFC South?

The biggest impact I see this having is as ammunition for fans and analysts who grow impatient with Tannehill. If things go bad, it could be turned into something that's used against him. "This guy doesn't care! He doesn't even know what division we're in!" If things get to that point, Tannehill will have much bigger things to think about.
Pagination

ROFL Some on here would have sold their souls for this guy.

milkman
08-29-2012, 08:36 PM
ROFL Some on here would have sold their souls for this guy.

And some are just too fucking stupid to understand that it doesn't matter one little bit.

Setsuna
08-29-2012, 08:55 PM
He's not studying game film for opponents that he's going to play in three weeks.

He's going study and prepare for the upcoming opponent each week.

If Buffalo is their third game, it'd be ****ing stupid to have him study for Buffalo if the week one opponent is San Diego.

Those are just examples.
I haven't looked at their schedule.

If you are a rookie, wouldn't you want to soak up as much information as possible? The level of play and preparation is much more rigorous and time consuming than on the college level. I'd have an intimate knowledge of all my division opponents, their key players, their base defenses, their tendencies based on my own observation and compared with coaches' takes on them. This is your career. Go 200%, don't just wait till it hits you in the mouth and adjust then. Preparing a week before isn't enough, I guarantee that.

chefsos
08-29-2012, 08:59 PM
I think we, as fans, sometimes don't understand how some guys who play the game all their lives aren't fans too. We want 'em to have a single-minded focus on their small section of the sports universe and things like this often result from that very focus.

Either that, or Tanneyhill's a dumbass. I don't know.

Setsuna
08-29-2012, 09:08 PM
It has nothing to do about being a fan. It's amassing a stable knowledge base at the most important position in the NFL at this point. He can take it slow obviously, but dang man.

milkman
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
If you are a rookie, wouldn't you want to soak up as much information as possible? The level of play and preparation is much more rigorous and time consuming than on the college level. I'd have an intimate knowledge of all my division opponents, their key players, their base defenses, their tendencies based on my own observation and compared with coaches' takes on them. This is your career. Go 200%, don't just wait till it hits you in the mouth and adjust then. Preparing a week before isn't enough, I guarantee that.

Tannehill has to focus on becoming familiar with his teammates and his offense before he can begin to start to learn about his future opponents.

And even though Mike Sherman is his coordinator, there's no way he doesn't add to his playbook for the NFL level.

And even if he is looking at his opponents well in advance, is that film marked "Buffalo Bills, AFC East".

"Kansas City Chiefs, AFC West"?

I highly doubt it.

jspchief
08-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Talk about mountain out of a molehill...

Rain Man
08-29-2012, 09:26 PM
It just makes me wonder how commited he is. If you live and breath football you know the divisions.

This is the key to me.

Does he have to know the teams and divisions to play on any given Sunday? No, not really. It would help a whole lot if he knew on Monday that Darrelle Revis is pretty good, or that Demarcus Ware tends to rush the passer, but I guess he could pick that up from week to week.

The thing that rankles me is that he's living the dream, and it's not really his dream. As a fan, I want my football players to love football, to appreciate the sport, to know its history and to want to secure their place in it. If a guy doesn't even know the divisions, is he really going to say, "Brett Favre has the record for touchdown passes, and I want to break it", or "Tom Brady threw 50 TD passes in a season? That's my goal." It seems to me that it's harder to achieve greatness if you don't appreciate and follow the game enough to know what greatness is.

It's kind of like when I was in college, and I didn't have a girlfriend, and there was this really, really cute girl that I would see, and her boyfriend was this kind of skanky guy with a dirty fraternity jacket and uncombed hair. He was living my dream, and he seemed oblivious to it. It didn't seem like he ever did anything to impress this girl with her big, beautiful dark eyes and luscious lithe swaying hips, and yet he got her. Even if he had what it took, it just didn't seem fair.

KcMizzou
08-29-2012, 09:32 PM
A lot of athletes don't play their favorite sports. They do what they're best at. Hell, Tony Gonzalez's first love was basketball.

I don't think this is a big deal, but it's pretty embarrassing.

cdcox
08-29-2012, 09:36 PM
It's like wanting to be an artist, but know knowing who painted the Mona Lisa.

It's like wanting to be a mechanic and not knowing what country a BMW is made in.

It's like wanting to be president and not being able to match up major cities and their states.

Tombstone RJ
08-29-2012, 09:38 PM

If college is so damn great, why is the NCAA more of a corrupt piece of shit than the NFL will ever be? If it delivers a better game product, why are so many scores complete ****ing blowouts? When the Packers played the Chiefs, people were expecting the better team (Packers) to win, and maybe they even predicted a blowout, but I don't think anybody would be SHOCKED to see the Chiefs win that game. When Alabama plays Bubbleshit State, people expect the blowout, and if the game is even remotely close, it's a shocking upset. The percentage of "quality" football games to watch greatly favors the NFL over college.

Go Chiefs.

herpy derp, derp goes kc fan... :rolleyes:

Tombstone RJ
08-29-2012, 09:39 PM
It's like wanting to be an artist, but know knowing who painted the Mona Lisa.

It's like wanting to be a mechanic and not knowing what country a BMW is made in.

It's like wanting to be president and not being able to match up major cities and their states.

It's like being an NFL team and not winning a playoff game since the early 1990s.

tk13
08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Everyone makes jokes about the right 53... but I always thought this kind of stuff was what Pioli talks about. Not that Tannehill doesn't like playing football, but there are a lot of guys who don't. Everyone thinks it means finding boy scouts... when that isn't it at all, it's finding guys who are really passionate about playing football.

jd1020
08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
All he need's to know is how to beat his opponent.

KcMizzou
08-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Everyone makes jokes about the right 53... but I always thought this kind of stuff was what Pioli talks about. Not that Tannehill doesn't like playing football, but there are a lot of guys who don't. Everyone thinks it means finding boy scouts... when that isn't it at all, it's finding guys who are really passionate about playing football.Good post.

milkman
08-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Good post.

Except that a person can be passionate about playing the game of football without being passionate about watching the NFL.

KcMizzou
08-29-2012, 09:50 PM
Except that a person can be passionate about playing the game of football without being passionate about watching the NFL.It's difficult for me to wrap my mind around that. If you're passionate about playing the game, you'd think you'd be very in tune with what's going on at it's highest level.

But like I said before, I don't think it's a huge deal... but it's embarrassing. (or should be)

KC Tattoo
08-29-2012, 09:51 PM
What was his score on the wonderlic test? Is that relevant?

milkman
08-29-2012, 09:52 PM
It's difficult for me to wrap my mind around that. If you're passionate about playing the game, you'd think you'd be very in tune with what's going on at it's highest level.

I am an NFL fan, and only watch the college game because it's the talent feeder for the NFL.

But I have known guys that were passionate about their college teams and didn't care a lot about the NFL.

KcMizzou
08-29-2012, 09:54 PM
I am an NFL fan, and only watch the college game because it's the talent feeder for the NFL.

But I have known guys that were passionate about their college teams and didn't care a lot about the NFL.Guys that had NFL talent?

tk13
08-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Except that a person can be passionate about playing the game of football without being passionate about watching the NFL.

I think this is true. I'm not sure if it matters he knows every team and every division... but I'd be curious to see how much he actually knew about the NFL game. I would imagine a lot of players don't even know as much as most of the crazed fans on this board... but still you'd think you have to know something about the game. The best QB's are all pretty devout students of the game... and he's pretty much starting from scratch. But I'd probably be more concerned if he didn't know who Darryl Revis was, or Mario Williams, or things like that. He'll learn those things but otherwise Dolphin fans need to hope the coaching staff has a good handle in guiding him through the first season or two.

milkman
08-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Guys that had NFL talent?

Does it really matter?

As pointed out earlier, Tony Gonzalez wanted to play in the NBA more than the NFL.

tk13
08-29-2012, 10:04 PM
That's true... I think it's probably different because the QB is the leader of the team. You have this image that they have to be talented, but also smart and cerebral and knowledgeable about everything that happens on the field, including the opponent. As long as he can do that on a weekly basis he'll be fine.

Tombstone RJ
08-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Does it really matter?

As pointed out earlier, Tony Gonzalez wanted to play in the NBA more than the NFL.

Weeden wanted to play in MLB but now he's an NFL QB. So his first love is baseball but he's trying to be an NFL QB--no way! He's gonna suck!:rolleyes:

BWillie
08-29-2012, 10:17 PM
This actually makes me like Tannehill. He's not an NFL stat dork. He's a football player. Why is he supposed to know who is in each division as a rookie? If he was a 5th year player, I would understand but he's not.

-King-
08-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Does it really matter?

That doesn't apply to Tannehill though.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
08-29-2012, 10:20 PM
This actually makes me like Tannehill. He's not an NFL stat dork. He's a football player. Why is he supposed to know who is in each division as a rookie? If he was a 5th year player, I would understand but he's not.

ROFL How the hell does knowing the divisions make you a stat dork? Its basic NFL knowledge.
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox
08-29-2012, 10:28 PM
So what I really want to know is, when he was in third grade, and he drew the logo of every team on an outline of the helmet, and then colored them in, and then went to put them in a notebook, if he didn't order them by conference and division, how exactly did he organize them? Alphabetically?

Rain Man
08-29-2012, 10:32 PM
So what I really want to know is, when he was in third grade, and he drew the logo of every team on an outline of the helmet, and then colored them in, and then went to put them in a notebook, if he didn't order them by conference and division, how exactly did he organize them? Alphabetically?

And when he was bored and drew all of the helmets on a hand-drawn map of the U.S., and then divided them up into conferences and divisions based on proximity, did he wonder how close he was to the real breakdown?

Dave Lane
08-29-2012, 10:32 PM
LOL he didn't have time worrying about that stuff. He was too busy banging chicks and making it rain in da club.

No only black people do that. I read it right here.

cdcox
08-29-2012, 10:33 PM
And when he was bored and drew all of the helmets on a hand-drawn map of the U.S., and then divided them up into conferences and divisions based on proximity, did he wonder how close he was to the real breakdown?

Exactly.

Rain Man
08-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Exactly.

I actually still do this today if I'm at a conference and the speaker is boring. The best thing about adding Carolina and Jacksonville was that it gave me a whole new project at conferences.

-King-
08-29-2012, 10:37 PM
And FFS, if you're going to talk about how the divisions don't make sense, at least use a better example.

He could have used the Chiefs, Rams, Colts, or the Cowboys, but he used one that does make sense. Miami is on the East coast so the Dolphins being in the AFC East makes sense.

cdcox
08-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I actually still do this today if I'm at a conference and the speaker is boring. The best thing about adding Carolina and Jacksonville was that it gave me a whole new project at conferences.

That's cool that you feel comfortable breaking out a box of Crayolas at a conference. 64 or 128?

KChiefsQT
08-29-2012, 11:22 PM
That was funny and baffling at the same time. At least he's got a hot wife and starting position in the NFL. Gotta couple things going for him. ;)

ChiefGator
08-30-2012, 04:09 AM
Talk about making a mountain of a mole hill. (or Tanne-hill.. GET IT!.. oh.. sorry. )

Seriously though, this is such a non-issue. It's not like McNabb not understanding the rules of overtime after playing eight years in the league or something.

|Zach|
08-30-2012, 04:26 AM

Go Chiefs.

I will take a shot at this...and don't confuse anything I love the NFL and grew up liking the Chiefs almost exclusively though I started watching NCAA steadily more and more starting about 15 years ago.

I find NCAA ball more compelling at times because the teams are so unique in and of themselves. Sometimes the NFL feels like a bunch of mercenaries that just change jerseys each year. There is a groundhog day feel to the NFL at times even though the athletes are elite.

Here is my best analogy.

College football is like a pot luck dinner with all these good and interesting dishes for everyone to enjoy.

The NFL is one huge bowl of chilli that has been split 32 ways for everyone to enjoy.

That isn't even getting into the gameday atmosphere and the NFL pricing out the average fan.

|Zach|
08-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Here is what gets me. I can absolutely understand being completely into and passionette about football without loving the NFL but what I don't get is if you are an elite player who it seems is on a path to having a shot to play in the NFL how do you not absorb a little bit more of a league you would have a possibility of being a part of.

Setsuna
08-30-2012, 08:47 AM

But I have known guys that were passionate about their college teams and didn't care a lot about the NFL.

That's me. I still care, just not even close to how much I care about college. Milk you were talking about he needs to be familiar with his teammates, he does that everyday in practice, that phase is already covered just by showing up. It's the other stuff that is extra curricular and I think needs to be addressed.

Setsuna
08-30-2012, 08:50 AM

You couldn't hope to spell Jaguar, let alone draw one.

SNR
08-30-2012, 08:51 AM

What?

Detoxing
08-30-2012, 09:36 AM
I saw this episode. Matt Moore asked him to name a team in the NFC East. Tannehill named the Chiefs.

I think it was all done for the Camera. He Named Chiefs as being in the NFC East after just talking bout the divisions not making geographical sense.

In what world would the Chiefs being in the East make any geographical sense?

Chiefnj2
08-30-2012, 09:42 AM
I saw this episode. Matt Moore asked him to name a team in the NFC East. Tannehill named the Chiefs.

I think it was all done for the Camera. He Named Chiefs as being in the NFC East after just talking bout the divisions not making geographical sense.

In what world would the Chiefs being in the East make any geographical sense?

Maybe he thought Kansas was just south of Pennsylvania.

Rain Man
08-30-2012, 09:45 AM

How's this?

durtyrute
08-30-2012, 09:48 AM
This is the dumbest, non news story in the history of football. Who the fuck cares if he doesn't know the divisions. People really blow shit way of out proportion.

SNR
08-30-2012, 10:14 AM
How's this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OXs0YNU9llw/TgVEY8HvqHI/AAAAAAAAO78/1LpjzACaC_k/s1600/MGEmma.gif

KC Tattoo
08-30-2012, 10:18 AM
http://****yeahericnorthman.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/oooh-sick-burn.gif

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/man0war_2009/359h6bs.gif

SNR
08-30-2012, 10:26 AM
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/man0war_2009/359h6bs.gif

Turn off your word filter, wuss

jspchief
08-30-2012, 10:40 AM
How's this?

ROFL

-King-
08-30-2012, 11:17 AM
This is the dumbest, non news story in the history of football. Who the fuck cares if he doesn't know the divisions. People really blow shit way of out proportion.

Not saying it's a big deal, but a first round quarterback not knowing one of the most basic things in the NFL is pretty weird.

If you want to be an NFL quarterback, one would think you would at least take a couple seconds to learn which teams are in which divisions.
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
08-30-2012, 11:44 AM
Talk about mountain out of a molehill...

Seriously. He doesn't know what division Seattle is in, he is teh suxors!!11

vailpass
08-30-2012, 11:48 AM

Me too, all over the place.
The South is littered with these fans. SEC is the pro league to a lot of them, many wouldn't give a shit if the NFL disappeared as long as college remained.
I love both but can see where people would like one but not the other.

GordonGekko
08-30-2012, 12:10 PM
This is the dumbest, non news story in the history of football. Who the **** cares if he doesn't know the divisions. People really blow shit way of out proportion.

This is actually really ****ing hilarious. It's like the guy has no clue what ****ing league he is playing in. He is just ready to 'suit' up and toss the rock around and get paid $$millions...

I guess it did work for Forrest Gump though, so who knows.

GordonGekko
08-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Me too, all over the place.
The South is littered with these fans. SEC is the pro league to a lot of them, many wouldn't give a shit if the NFL disappeared as long as college remained.
I love both but can see where people would like one but not the other.

This is probably because Atlanta is the only team in the vicinity and they've been a very mediocre franchise, never anything to get too excited about.

vailpass
08-30-2012, 01:00 PM
This is probably because Atlanta is the only team in the vicinity and they've been a very mediocre franchise, never anything to get too excited about.

herp?

Deberg_1990
08-30-2012, 01:07 PM

Titans, Saints, Jaguars, Panthers, Dolphins, Bucs, are all part of SEC country.

MahiMike
08-30-2012, 03:24 PM

:eek:I know 10 yr old's that can list every team in every division w/their starting QB's.

SNR
08-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Seriously. He doesn't know what division Seattle is in, he is teh suxors!!11

He wants to be a starting QB. That's his job. He's been at this for MONTHS now and doesn't know an incredibly simple and basic logistical thing.

It's like going to work for Honda building cars on the factory floor and not knowing what other products Honda manufactures. For FOUR months. Tannehill's been a full-time employee of the NFL for four month now and he still doesn't know this shit.

Doesn't mean the dude can't play, it just means he's gay.

Setsuna
08-30-2012, 03:53 PM
No only black people do that. I read it right here.
ROFL LMAO ROFL And Aaron Hernandez. Hahahaha. Nice one.

How's this?
:LOL: LMAO Fuck you man. :clap:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OXs0YNU9llw/TgVEY8HvqHI/AAAAAAAAO78/1LpjzACaC_k/s1600/MGEmma.gif
ROFL Pretty much. :#